Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonal create account

Please view the Online RESEA Orientation or read the scheduling tool swift reference guide for a step by step description on the RESEA appointment booking procedure. online personals columbus ohio This question is good for the reason that it gives you an notion of that person s targets and life vision. Later, when our daughter s true blind date showed up, I couldn t come out to meet him due to the fact I was nonetheless in the kitchen laughing. a40316 Yes, you will have to attend your RESEA meetings, even if you function part time.

private delights

If I was interested I sent a response and answered their inquiries, and began asking some of my own. personal classifieds phoenix We caught up with Rachman Blake from the award winning how for some insight on how Story Party began, his own practical experience with dating and the funniest stories he has ever come across. Sadly they do not reside with me but i adore when they are here with me throughout my visitations. i m 13 and i want to get laid You can also uncover dates not only from India but also from across the world.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/28/2015 7:44:52 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,868)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

The bible has NOTHING good to say about pride, and recently I read some Christians here on DateHookup decrying the idea of "Gay Pride."

Oh, Gay Pride is so terrible, rubbing everyone's nose in it.

But what about this pride, religio-patriot flag pride? Would Jesus wave this flag?

Hypocrisy.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/28/2015 7:50:05 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

F**k what the Bible or Jesus may or may not think. How about being proud of not being a Christian?

[Edited 4/28/2015 7:52:11 PM ]

4/28/2015 9:27:57 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from clarence2:
F**k what the Bible or Jesus may or may not think. How about being proud of not being a Christian?

Well, I can see that angle. Of course the bible can't really think anything, But I doubt if Jesus would wave the American flag, or any nationalistic flag for that matter.

4/28/2015 9:35:03 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Hmm.. Jewish flag maybe, if they had one at the time.

Matthew 15:24 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But He answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

4/28/2015 10:04:07 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from clarence2:
Hmm.. Jewish flag maybe, if they had one at the time.

Matthew 15:24 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But He answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

I can find no support for Matthew 15:24 in The Urantia Book. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Zip. I can only come to the conclusion that Jesus never said it, that it was added to Jesus later, by some zealot perhaps, a scribe with an agenda. I'm pretty sure Jesus would never wave, or pledge allegiance to any nationalistic flags because, as he said, "My kingdom is not of this world. (John 18:36)

This is probably the only flag that Jesus would ever fly on his flagpole, if he had a flagpole, the Flag of God's government:

4/29/2015 5:45:06 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

I have to agree I don't think Jesus would have waved any flag. He wasn't here to to create seperatism, he was here to create untity in God. His life was an example of the path he wanted each of us to walk. The spiritual path...And his vision got twisted and became a religious path. Filled with judgement, fear.

The commandments are an example of this. They were given because they were examples of what not to do. Breaking one caused damage and harm to another spirit and yours. And we can't harm someone without harming ourselves unless we have no conscious. We would reap what we sowed...

Doing a negative, created a negative effect on my life.
Doing a positive...created a positive effect on my life.

That is a natural law...

4/29/2015 7:07:37 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from furchizedek:
I can find no support for Matthew 15:24 in The Urantia Book. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Zip. I can only come to the conclusion that Jesus never said it, that it was added to Jesus later, by some zealot perhaps, a scribe with an agenda. I'm pretty sure Jesus would never wave, or pledge allegiance to any nationalistic flags because, as he said, "My kingdom is not of this world. (John 18:36)

The Urantia Book's 20th century author(s) use the NT as source material, but altered to suit their own purposes, just as Matthew and Luke (circa 85CE) subtly altered the material they culled from Mark (circa 70CE) when it transpired that the Son of Man didn't come with power as Jesus stated would happen. The book of John (circa 90-95CE) was written much later than the synoptics and goes further in changing the original message of Jesus. Although John is popular with conservative Christians for its sweeping exclusivist statements ("No one can come to the Father except through me" etc), these statements and the profuse vitriol placed on the lips of Jesus and directed at "the Jews" in John are thought to derive from how the Johannine community were affected by sociological factors. They'd probably been excluded from worshipping in synagogues, and had consequently started to demonize traditional Jews who rejected Jesus as Son of God and Messiah. Geza Vermes and Bart Ehrman largely exclude the book of John from consideration in their books that seek to discern the authentic message of the historical Jesus.

"My kingdom is not of this world" represents a considerable shift from what was very probably the authentic message of Jesus of "Thy kingdom come, they shall be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven" (Matthew 6:10).

Matthew 15:24 (and also Matthew 10:5) are thought to be authentic sayings of Jesus precisely because they goes against the grain of what the Gentile Christian church would have approved, and so pass the criteria of embarrassment.

The criterion of embarrassment is a critical analysis of historical accounts in which accounts embarrassing to the author are presumed to be true because the author would have no reason to invent an embarrassing account about himself. Some Biblical scholars have used this criterion in assessing whether the New Testament's accounts of Jesus' actions and words are historically probable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criterion_of_embarrassment

For an example of a most probably inauthentic saying, consider Mark 16:15, which is part of those dodgy verses 9 to 20 that are missing from the earliest manuscripts of Mark, and were almost certainly composed by an enthusiastic scribe wishing to spice up the ending of this Gospel.

"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

[Edited 4/29/2015 7:10:28 AM ]

4/29/2015 9:30:18 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

ojos_locos
Over 2,000 Posts (2,182)
Transylvania, LA
32, joined Aug. 2014

Gay Pride is evil?

Count me in!!

4/29/2015 2:00:23 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Clarence... The Urantia Book's 20th century author(s) use the NT as source material, but altered to suit their own purposes, ...

Sigh. Would it help if I rebutted you? Probably not.

Well, I will add some comments anyway. There are no Urantia Book 20th century human authors. The authors are celestial beings who did use some human ideas, the better to communicate with us. The NT or previous human writings were used when they were correct and complete enough to use but they were supplemented by the records of those times that God's angels keep of such things, supplemented, and yes, altered, for the revelators' purposes of completing and correcting and expanding the faulty human records which have been ravaged by time, mold, wars, fires, earthquakes, floods, scribal and church agendas, copying errors, and translations.

4/29/2015 2:12:52 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

So many flags!

4/29/2015 2:17:36 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
bippy1234
San Diego, CA
49, joined Dec. 2013

Being an inclusivist we are taught to love and respect all people and religions . One of my best friends is gay and he was there for me in my darkest times . I now call him bro . Having a gay friend has taught me not to be so quick to judge and leave judgment up to God . My other gay friend became gay after he caught his stepmom in bed with his brother . That was a very tough thing fir him to go through .

My friendship with some gay people has taught me that all are our brothers and sisters in God .

The only religion I have a problem with is the religion of atheism lol

4/29/2015 2:25:16 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from furchizedek:

So many flags!

I think flag waving nationalism is okay if we don't take it too seriously and see the countries behind all the different flags as like rival football teams who share the same standards of sportsmanship and fair play.

4/30/2015 2:13:09 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from clarence2:
I think flag waving nationalism is okay if we don't take it too seriously and see the countries behind all the different flags as like rival football teams who share the same standards of sportsmanship and fair play.

Flags are really not OK. They should all be banned. Flags are too easy to misuse, to get people all riled up and angry and patriotic, ready to go and kill other people 10,000 miles away. People DO take it seriously. And they get angry if you disagree with them about flags. Flags are a throwback to clans and tribes. Maybe it's different in your country but here, flags are everywhere. Banks fly them, gas stations fly them, HUGE ones that flutter majestically in the breeze, works of art really on one level, all government offices fly them, they're printed on most of the postage stamps, they are in churches, etc. Flags 'R' US.

4/30/2015 11:43:39 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,996)
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from bippy1234:
Being an inclusivist we are taught to love and respect all people and religions . One of my best friends is gay and he was there for me in my darkest times . I now call him bro . Having a gay friend has taught me not to be so quick to judge and leave judgment up to God . My other gay friend became gay after he caught his stepmom in bed with his brother . That was a very tough thing fir him to go through .

My friendship with some gay people has taught me that all are our brothers and sisters in God .

The only religion I have a problem with is the religion of atheism lol

Maybe on your planet but not in the first chapter of Romans...

5/3/2015 8:30:49 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

ojos_locos
Over 2,000 Posts (2,182)
Transylvania, LA
32, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from share_n_love:

Who wrote that?

5/3/2015 12:19:15 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ojos_locos:
Who wrote that?

Not Jesus.

5/3/2015 3:17:07 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from ojos_locos:
Who wrote that?

In Romans chapter 1 Paul was quoting YHVH God's ordainment from Lev 18:22-24 & 20:13. He didn't invent it himself.

5/4/2015 8:17:16 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,831)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Jesus mission was FIRST to the lost sheep of the House of Israel (the vast majority of whom rejected Him) and then later His mission was to the whole world.

5/5/2015 2:10:49 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Jesus mission was FIRST to the lost sheep of the House of Israel (the vast majority of whom rejected Him) and then later His mission was to the whole world.

Wrong again. Because you don't listen to Jesus:

Jesus' Mission was FIRST:

“To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth.” (John 18:37)

[Edited 5/5/2015 2:11:05 AM ]

5/5/2015 3:41:44 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Of couse Jesus' mission was to bear witness to the truth, first to the Jews, then to the Gentiles. Where's the contradiction?

5/5/2015 4:53:59 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
bippy1234
San Diego, CA
49, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from share_n_love:

So your saying that the bible says we aren't supposed to love gay people ?
We are supposed to hate gay people ?

I guess this is what happens when anyone can interprete the bible anyway they see fit ?
Did not Christ come to this earth and spent most of his time with prostitite a , tax collectors and sinners ?
Should he have hated them ? No?
Then why should I hate gay people ?

5/5/2015 5:49:48 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:

In reality, Jesus never said that.

5/7/2015 7:10:49 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:

A lot Jewish people believed Jesus was sent to save them from the Roman's. But he was sent to save them from the Pharisee's; by bringing them the truth.

5/8/2015 2:08:14 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from bippy1234:
So your saying that the bible says we aren't supposed to love gay people ?
We are supposed to hate gay people ?

I guess this is what happens when anyone can interprete the bible anyway they see fit ?
Did not Christ come to this earth and spent most of his time with prostitite a , tax collectors and sinners ?
Should he have hated them ? No?
Then why should I hate gay people ?

Did I say WE are to hate gay people...no I did not, but we are NOT to validate their sin against YHVH God who says their lifestyle is an abomination to Him.

Spiritual love and validating ones sin is 2 different things all together!

5/8/2015 2:10:35 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from irishrose0906:
A lot Jewish people believed Jesus was sent to save them from the Roman's. But he was sent to save them from the Pharisee's; by bringing them the truth.

He was sent to pay the penalty of death which ALL men deserve. His death had nothing to do with the Roman's or the Pharisees.

His death was the pathway for YHVH God's Spirit of truth, so men could understand and follow Him appropriately.

[Edited 5/8/2015 2:10:59 AM ]

5/8/2015 5:33:02 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from share_n_love:
He was sent to pay the penalty of death which ALL men deserve. His death had nothing to do with the Roman's or the Pharisees.

His death was the pathway for YHVH God's Spirit of truth, so men could understand and follow Him appropriately.

I agree he was here to bring the truth. And yes his death and resurection was to demostrate the pathway of death of the physical and being reborn in the spirit.

But I believe that his death had everything to do with the Pharisee's; and the religious bondage they held with the people. He came to teach that they could find the Kingdom of heaven within themselves. They didn't need an religious authority as a gateway to Christ or to teach them the way. Because the way, and the truth, was already within them. Why do you think he challeneged their authority? Called them hypocrites? Why do you think they tried to trick him, or prove that he wasn't the Christ because his teachings didn't conform to their scrpitures, or their laws?

5/8/2015 6:16:46 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,645)
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Jesus mission was to save people from themselves. True Masters come into the world to harvest souls, and they do not concern themselves with race , nationality, politics, or even religious heritage.

5/8/2015 6:20:33 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from share_n_love:

Original sin is an invention of the Church to oppress and control the flock. It's a theological fantasy. He died on the cross to pay for the sins of those that he healed during his lifetime, taking on their Karma, and karma must be paid.

5/8/2015 2:07:24 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

How do you know that, Asanb? Is it just your opinion?

5/8/2015 2:13:59 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:

What here on DH is not just someone's opinion? Seriously. No one can "prove" anything.

Except for the karma stuff, I pretty much agreed with asanb's post. "Original sin is an invention of the Church to oppress and control the flock. It's a theological fantasy."

5/8/2015 3:30:24 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Original Sin is also a song from a 2002 Elton John album. I bought that one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=occgl5Y_d8k

5/8/2015 4:06:07 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:

I agree with him so its just not his opinion. I don't understand how you can't see this...

5/8/2015 5:37:01 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from share_n_love:
He was sent to pay the penalty of death which ALL men deserve.

Maybe YOU deserve death but I don't you should impose your opinions on other people. Of course, death at its appointed time is inevitable for everyone, but looking on the bright side, other people get to live in the niches that we vacate. It's part of the cycle of nature and all that.

5/8/2015 5:47:38 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

I know it because my teacher never , ever spoke of it as a valid topic or a reason to do anything. He wrote 30 or so books and pamphlets, spoke many lectures on three world tours, and the topic of Original Sin is not present in his rather vast and erudite explanations of religion, spirituality, and the path back to god.

5/8/2015 7:02:58 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from share_n_love:
He was sent to pay the penalty of death which ALL men deserve.

That may be the doctrine you've been taught but it's not what Jesus said.

“To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth.” (John 18:37)

Neither Jesus nor any of his 12 real, personally chosen and trained apostles ever preached the 'He was sent to pay the penalty of death which ALL men deserve' gospel to the people while Jesus was alive.

5/8/2015 9:32:30 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Catholics BELIEVE in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the teachigs of the Church He founded. Everyone else merely OPINES. Belief @nd opinion, two different things. Asanb should have said, "in my opinion original sin doesn't exist", not absolutely that it doesn't exist, because he really isnt 100% sure. He just has an opinion.

5/8/2015 10:46:07 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Catholics BELIEVE in the teachings of Jesus Christ...

You are a liar. Catholics don't believe in this teaching of Jesus:

"Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)

[Edited 5/8/2015 10:46:20 PM ]

5/10/2015 5:02:05 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

The Catholic Church teaches that "call no man father" is not to be taken literally.

5/10/2015 5:45:07 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Are we to take it that God's some kind of ape like us with a penis then if he's a father?

5/10/2015 6:44:21 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
The Catholic Church teaches that "call no man father" is not to be taken literally.

Duh. I know, but you said, "Catholics BELIEVE in the teachings of Jesus Christ," and now you say Jesus' teaching is not to be taken literally, or seriously, so you really don't BELIEVE in the teachings of Jesus Christ. You just say you do, and then you don't when it suits you not to. If it's not to be taken literally then you don't believe it.

5/10/2015 6:47:44 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:

They believe that because they want to do what they want and disobey him and call all their priests, "Father," exactly what Jesus was forbidding.

All you have to do is obey Jesus, Lud. Just think how your life would change if, beginning tomorrow, you said, "From this day forward I'm going to obey Jesus and will nevermore call a priest "Father."

[Edited 5/10/2015 6:49:30 PM ]

5/11/2015 2:29:48 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Furchizedek, don't you have a gut feeling that a religion that allows you to be a racist, a womanizer, and a viewer of pornography but won't let you call your own father "Dad" is ridiculous? Isn't this what Jesus meant when He said that the pharisess strained gnats but swallowed camels?

5/11/2015 3:51:12 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

eader]Quote from share_n_love:

I agree he was here to bring the truth. And yes his death and resurection was to demostrate the pathway of death of the physical and being reborn in the spirit.

But I believe that his death had everything to do with the Pharisee's; and the religious bondage they held with the people. He came to teach that they could find the Kingdom of heaven within themselves. They didn't need an religious authority as a gateway to Christ or to teach them the way. Because the way, and the truth, was already within them. Why do you think he challeneged their authority? Called them hypocrites? Why do you think they tried to trick him, or prove that he wasn't the Christ because his teachings didn't conform to their scrpitures, or their laws?

You can believe what you want, but your statements show you do NOT know YHVH God's word or you would know what I said was taken from God's word and is what His word says.

5/11/2015 3:52:04 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from asanb:
Original sin is an invention of the Church to oppress and control the flock. It's a theological fantasy. He died on the cross to pay for the sins of those that he healed during his lifetime, taking on their Karma, and karma must be paid.

Not hardly

5/11/2015 3:59:38 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
bippy1234
San Diego, CA
49, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from clarence2:
Maybe YOU deserve death but I don't you should impose your opinions on other people. Of course, death at its appointed time is inevitable for everyone, but looking on the bright side, other people get to live in the niches that we vacate. It's part of the cycle of nature and all that.

I just want to clarify to everyone that by death Clarence means physical death . I have now educated him enough on Nde's for him to know that physical death is not true death .
Guys Clarence has agreed to be my student . I'm so proud that he had the humility to humble himself in order to grow in knowledge

5/11/2015 4:03:11 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
bippy1234
San Diego, CA
49, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from clarence2:
Are we to take it that God's some kind of ape like us with a penis then if he's a father?

Wow , all I have to say is we need to increase the dosage on that medication Clarence . It's clear that yet again critical thinking has escaped the atheists grasp lol.

There is a slight difference between a biological father and a spiritual father/creator , but then again this is coming from someone who believes that Nde's are caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain , then turned around and agreed that Nde's are caused by a brain full of oxygen.
Therapy is definately needed here lol

5/11/2015 4:06:33 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
bippy1234
San Diego, CA
49, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from share_n_love:
Did I say WE are to hate gay people...no I did not, but we are NOT to validate their sin against YHVH God who says their lifestyle is an abomination to Him.

Spiritual love and validating ones sin is 2 different things all together!

Ok but you do realize that there are 2 different types of sins right , venial sins and mortal sins . Which is is being gay ? And if someone is born gay is it a mortal sin or venial sin ? One if my best friend a is gay and is a practicing catholic . As far as whether someone is born gay or not I'm up in the air on that one .

and no I don't validate their sins and I never would .

[Edited 5/11/2015 4:07:34 AM ]

5/11/2015 4:10:50 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

If one acts upon a desire that YHVH God has said is a sin then they need to repent and STOP. If one continues in that sin...they are doomed to be destroyed on Judgment Day.

5/11/2015 2:04:44 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from share_n_love:
If one acts upon a desire that YHVH God has said is a sin then they need to repent and STOP. If one continues in that sin...they are doomed to be destroyed on Judgment Day.

What a charming view! My own is that "sin" has scant correlation to what is morally wrong under secular conditions, and homosexual orientation and actions are no more wrong than being left handed or red haired. I believe we are all destroyed when we die, in that we cease to exist as discrete entities with the illusion of selfhood. Other people get to inherit our stuff and do their thing though, which is some consolation. I think it's quaint that believers such as yourself derive a modicum of satisfaction from imagining folks with non-conforming beliefs, orientations and behaviours being annihilated by a judgemental supernatural predator in an unevidenced afterlife situation. I also used to like fantasy literature a bit in my younger years, and read The Lord of the Rings twice.

[Edited 5/11/2015 2:06:00 PM ]

5/11/2015 2:10:09 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from share_n_love:

What a charming view! My own is that "sin" has scant correlation to what is morally wrong under secular conditions, and homosexual orientation and actions are no more wrong than being left handed or red haired. ...I think it's quaint that believers such as yourself derive a modicum of satisfaction from imagining folks with non-conforming beliefs, orientations and behaviours being annihilated by a judgemental supernatural predator in an unevidenced afterlife situation.

I deleted a bit of yours, Clarence, but what's left I certainly agree with you. Sharen is one hard lady. Charming view indeed.

5/11/2015 2:11:21 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from share_n_love:

If Jesus died for everyone's sins, why will there be a Judgment Day?

5/11/2015 4:16:47 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
fmrqb
Over 2,000 Posts (2,382)
Richland, WA
97, joined Oct. 2012

it is evil and should be stomped out.

5/11/2015 8:45:25 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from furchizedek:
If Jesus died for everyone's sins, why will there be a Judgment Day?

He died for their past sins, He did NOT die for their future sins except those that repent. His stripes were for healing not so unrepented people can be free of condemnation in the Day of Judgment.

It would do no good to post scripture for you because OF COURSE your Urantia Book leaves out the part where one is responsible for their actions and it shows every one gets a free ride.

[Edited 5/11/2015 8:45:57 PM ]

5/11/2015 8:49:31 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from share_n_love:

What a charming view! My own is that "sin" has scant correlation to what is morally wrong under secular conditions, and homosexual orientation and actions are no more wrong than being left handed or red haired. I believe we are all destroyed when we die, in that we cease to exist as discrete entities with the illusion of selfhood. Other people get to inherit our stuff and do their thing though, which is some consolation. I think it's quaint that believers such as yourself derive a modicum of satisfaction from imagining folks with non-conforming beliefs, orientations and behaviours being annihilated by a judgemental supernatural predator in an unevidenced afterlife situation. I also used to like fantasy literature a bit in my younger years, and read The Lord of the Rings twice.

Well chaveri, you keep right on thinking this way...but know that NO one is condemned for being left-handed or red-haired; and you keep right on believing that every human gets a free ride from responsibility.

5/11/2015 10:19:44 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,572)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from share_n_love:
Well chaveri, you keep right on thinking this way...but know that NO one is condemned for being left-handed or red-haired; and you keep right on believing that every human gets a free ride from responsibility.

Thanks, I will continue to think this way. People aren't the authors of their own characters and personalities. Folks like yourself aren't responsible for being primed with an aversion to homosexuality by being raised in social environments where fundamentalist religious beliefs are popular, and gay people aren't responsible for turning out homosexual and behaving according to how nature has made them.

[Edited 5/11/2015 10:20:24 PM ]

5/11/2015 11:01:38 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from share_n_love:

Thanks, I will continue to think this way. People aren't the authors of their own characters and personalities. Folks like yourself aren't responsible for being primed with an aversion to homosexuality by being raised in social environments where fundamentalist religious beliefs are popular, and gay people aren't responsible for turning out homosexual and behaving according to how nature has made them.

Nicely said, Clarence.

5/12/2015 12:54:36 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

chris960514
Sacramento, CA
30, joined Apr. 2015

Quote from clarence2:

Blasphemy leades to HELL!!!!!!!

5/12/2015 5:42:22 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Share n is
Why she chose a username with love in it I'll never understand, she is far from loving in her posts. Nobody is attracted to Jesus by hate and threats of destruction. So called "messianic" Judaism is a mongrel of mixed up beliefs.

5/12/2015 5:46:51 AM Gay Pride is evil, but...  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Furch, Share n should read your post where you listed the dozens of abominations in the bible. Cherry picking homosexuality out of the bunch for special condemnation is baseless and tiresome.

5/12/2015 2:19:28 PM Gay Pride is evil, but...  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,196)
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from furchizedek:
Nicely said, Clarence.

I will echo that, Furch