Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

top 10 best hookup sites

I realised that probably what seemed exciting on the internet did not translate into genuine life. datehookup closed Dating apps have it all when you know which ones to use. Portion time employment is deemed as functioning much less than 32 hours per week. www latinchat com paises The on line atmosphere could also lull users into thinking they know an individual, and as a result producing themselves vulnerable.

free tranny hookup

dallas latinas So if you like profiles swipe correct or swipe left if you do not. So how meet you know who this prisoner is that your prison is trying to set you up with? usa sex guide ann arbor I really feel like the Malaysian demographic relies as well little on dating apps for anything really serious and that is why for those who do, it tend to be a little hard.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/29/2015 3:30:40 AM Need some advice!  
cnainri79
Fall River, MA
35, joined Apr. 2014

I meet a guy who doesn't have an account on this site problem is i like him but some of the habits he has goes from thoughtless to just being taken a advantaged of like him a lot over all but some of these issues are drug related! I have known him for 3 yrs and just started to reconnect with him! Not sure if I'm helping or hindering him from being clean! I don't want to leave him. I care enough about him but at the same time I can't overlook but what he's doing is going to destroy any possibility of having a relationship with me more than just friends. problem is I don't know how to tell him its me other drugs cuz I don't want to put ultimatum on him I want him to choose me over the drugs !i want to be there to support him as a friend no matter what!but at the same time not financially and then I think it's turning into . I have a hard decision to make to right now need netural advice from someone who has similar experiences. Do I walk away or do I stick around and just be there in emergency situations?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/29/2015 3:34:33 AM Need some advice!  

beverduster
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (54,014)
La Feria, TX
50, joined Apr. 2008

punt

5/29/2015 3:35:06 AM Need some advice!  
statue_goddesss
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,731)
Virginia Beach, VA
42, joined Jul. 2014

You already know the answer.

Leave. Now. No romantic ties.

Also, you are being selfish here. You are trying to get this man to pick you over an addiction that seems to have dominated his life. Ultimatum? How about rehab? Intervention? Get with his family/friends if you want to be involved. If he does stop doing drugs?

The LAST thing he needs is to focus on a relationship as a crutch. Even in AA they tell you to get a plant for a year before being emotionally responsible for ANYONE but yourself in romance.

You're fighting the wrong battle. You're fighting for your own agenda. Not his over all well being and recovery.

j/s

5/29/2015 3:35:52 AM Need some advice!  

biggeazzy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (71,181)
Tupelo, MS
34, joined Aug. 2013

A) What type of drugs?

B) Has he asked you for money & not paid you back?

C) Does he work?

5/29/2015 3:47:15 AM Need some advice!  
ltlwing
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,103)
Williamsburg, OH
51, joined Oct. 2013

You are wasting your time.A drug addict will pick a drug over you everytime.
If they will pick the drug over ..kids,wife,or family ...they will pick it over you.

The only way to handle the situation is to leave in not being an enabler... They have to reach bottom in wanting to get clean.

5/29/2015 3:48:27 AM Need some advice!  

rocky_dennis
Over 2,000 Posts (2,598)
Mechanicsburg, PA
35, joined Nov. 2013

You like someone who is taking advantage and that's thoughtless towards you? Looks like you're both using each other, he's just your drug of choice?

5/29/2015 3:50:14 AM Need some advice!  

dumzaa
Over 2,000 Posts (2,735)
Madison, VA
43, joined Aug. 2014

find a white man

5/29/2015 3:55:27 AM Need some advice!  

lareveur
Over 1,000 Posts (1,960)
Sun City, CA
31, joined May. 2013

As a former coke addict, I think I can help you from my experience. It's one thing to take your nose "skiing" every once in a while, it's quite another to become completely addicted. The difference is the former involves a little fun, the latter involves witnessing the decline.
You have every right to express ownership of your concerns. I would first offer help (instead of putting him on the spot to choose between you or the drugs). That would be a mistake.
It would be a mistake because you will lose - he WILL choose the drugs over you, I guarantee it. If he is truly addicted, I promise you that. I've chosen my addiction over my own mother - so, I know what he's going through. It is an unbearable b*tch on hot-wheels. The withdrawals made me have rage attacks so strong, I felt like my skin was the only thin veneer in my life from preventing me from exploding and killing everyone in my path. It was that bad.
I haven't engaged in any use of drugs for years - I do smoke.. but if I had to choose between my best friend or the cigarettes, then I would tell my so-called bestie to hit the road. Because addicts do NOT need ultimatums in their life. Addiction can cause their perception of reality to collapse and since you are inevitably a part of his reality - you will tumble with it if you go down that route.
You will lose the battle with that "choose drugs or me" tactic because you are applying your LOGIC to his EMOTIONS (because addiction causes unbearable emotions). You're not an addict - he is. Different planets trying to manipulate one another. That's like the moon telling Jupiter to "lighten up" when Jupiter already has so much more natural gravity / weight applied to it than the moon. Emotionally, he currently feels like he can't function without the drugs (if he is truly addicted) and you think that logic can override emotions. Good luck with that. Logic is just a flat thought - there's no sensation to it. It's logical to think to yourself to put on a seat-belt, but that is hardly a sensational process.
If you really want to be a true friend, then the best you can offer him is to try to apply your emotions to his. This can only work if he allows you to manipulate him in that positive way. If he refuses, then insist that if getting him the help he needs involves hell and high water - you'll do it. Then as he cleans up, offer him praise with empathy and other positive emotions along the way. As long as he is cleaning up - he will need your POSITIVE support more than ever. Because the test in the future for him will be unbearable. I hope your willing to do this - you'd be the rarest gem of a friend if you did. That makes you my new best friend, also lol
Hope this helps.

5/29/2015 5:17:52 AM Need some advice!  

calthropstu
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,449)
Phoenix, AZ
36, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from lareveur:
As a former coke addict, I think I can help you from my experience. It's one thing to take your nose "skiing" every once in a while, it's quite another to become completely addicted. The difference is the former involves a little fun, the latter involves witnessing the decline.
You have every right to express ownership of your concerns. I would first offer help (instead of putting him on the spot to choose between you or the drugs). That would be a mistake.
It would be a mistake because you will lose - he WILL choose the drugs over you, I guarantee it. If he is truly addicted, I promise you that. I've chosen my addiction over my own mother - so, I know what he's going through. It is an unbearable b*tch on hot-wheels. The withdrawals made me have rage attacks so strong, I felt like my skin was the only thin veneer in my life from preventing me from exploding and killing everyone in my path. It was that bad.
I haven't engaged in any use of drugs for years - I do smoke.. but if I had to choose between my best friend or the cigarettes, then I would tell my so-called bestie to hit the road. Because addicts do NOT need ultimatums in their life. Addiction can cause their perception of reality to collapse and since you are inevitably a part of his reality - you will tumble with it if you go down that route.
You will lose the battle with that "choose drugs or me" tactic because you are applying your LOGIC to his EMOTIONS (because addiction causes unbearable emotions). You're not an addict - he is. Different planets trying to manipulate one another. That's like the moon telling Jupiter to "lighten up" when Jupiter already has so much more natural gravity / weight applied to it than the moon. Emotionally, he currently feels like he can't function without the drugs (if he is truly addicted) and you think that logic can override emotions. Good luck with that. Logic is just a flat thought - there's no sensation to it. It's logical to think to yourself to put on a seat-belt, but that is hardly a sensational process.
If you really want to be a true friend, then the best you can offer him is to try to apply your emotions to his. This can only work if he allows you to manipulate him in that positive way. If he refuses, then insist that if getting him the help he needs involves hell and high water - you'll do it. Then as he cleans up, offer him praise with empathy and other positive emotions along the way. As long as he is cleaning up - he will need your POSITIVE support more than ever. Because the test in the future for him will be unbearable. I hope your willing to do this - you'd be the rarest gem of a friend if you did. That makes you my new best friend, also lol
Hope this helps.

I helped a friend quit once. Locked him in a windowless bathroom for a week. Reinforced the door with sheet metal, put pads on the walls.

On th third day, he went on a rampage. Smashed the sink, tore a section of padding off the wall and began punching his way through.

Had to handcuff him hogtie style. He threw up the entire week. When it was finally over, we gave him his final test... a heroin needle placed in front of him.

I haven't talked to him in years. I wouldn't doubt that he started using again. I will never hang around another heroin user again. As soon as someone mentions having tried or wanting to try it, I will cut them from my life then and there.

5/29/2015 5:26:59 AM Need some advice!  
miscbyproduct
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,408)
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
18, joined Apr. 2012

doesn't sound like either of you are good for one another

5/29/2015 5:30:08 AM Need some advice!  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
36, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from miscbyproduct:
doesn't sound like either of you are good for one another

Those are often the relationships that last.

5/29/2015 5:37:31 AM Need some advice!  

ol_buddy_ol_pal
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,735)
Charlotte, NC
48, joined Apr. 2014

OP, what drugs were YOU on when you typed that mess?

5/29/2015 5:38:55 AM Need some advice!  

candy0426
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,412)
Newtown, PA
47, joined Aug. 2014

My best friend growing up became a heroin addict, I had to take her baby from her. Your love isn't gonna change him. My friend OD'd and passed away a month ago. Finally she has peace.

5/29/2015 5:41:01 AM Need some advice!  

ol_buddy_ol_pal
Charlotte, NC
48, joined Apr. 2014

Candy, let's go get some morning brew.

5/29/2015 5:42:38 AM Need some advice!  

candy0426
Newtown, PA
47, joined Aug. 2014

I'm in Starbucks in 10.

5/29/2015 5:47:04 AM Need some advice!  

ol_buddy_ol_pal
Charlotte, NC
48, joined Apr. 2014

Nice. Grab me a mocha latte. I'll be there in 15.

5/29/2015 8:37:15 AM Need some advice!  

chris_90352
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,494)
Sykesville, MD
42, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from cnainri79:
I meet a guy who doesn't have an account on this site problem is i like him but some of the habits he has goes from thoughtless to just being taken a advantaged of like him a lot over all but some of these issues are drug related! I have known him for 3 yrs and just started to reconnect with him! Not sure if I'm helping or hindering him from being clean! I don't want to leave him. I care enough about him but at the same time I can't overlook but what he's doing is going to destroy any possibility of having a relationship with me more than just friends. problem is I don't know how to tell him its me other drugs cuz I don't want to put ultimatum on him I want him to choose me over the drugs !i want to be there to support him as a friend no matter what!but at the same time not financially and then I think it's turning into . I have a hard decision to make to right now need netural advice from someone who has similar experiences. Do I walk away or do I stick around and just be there in emergency situations?

Drugs.

An ambivalent friendship.

Drugs.

Enough of a sense of something wrong to have a great deal of uncertainty about a relationship.

Drugs.

Financial difficulty.

Drugs.

A sense of "He's mostly OK, if I can only fix the rest!"

Drugs.

Feeling the need to be around for the inevitable "emergency" situations.

Drugs.

Uncertainty about whether you are "saving" him or causing his problems.

Drugs.

Sure, stick around. What could possibly go wrong?

5/29/2015 8:38:03 AM Need some advice!  
cnainri79
Fall River, MA
35, joined Apr. 2014

He is white!

5/29/2015 8:43:10 AM Need some advice!  
cnainri79
Fall River, MA
35, joined Apr. 2014

Your right at the site of being there ifsomething goes wrong i do have a heart! But it's not me feeling the need to save him from it ! I don't want to condone it or be like everyone else and walk away or be in denial of the issue!

5/29/2015 8:51:39 AM Need some advice!  

chris_90352
Sykesville, MD
42, joined Sep. 2010

Why are you responsible for him? Why do you feel like you owe him anything?

If you were to ask him what you should do, could you honestly say that you can rely on him to give you an answer that is in your best interest, rather than his?

Does he take responsibility for you? If so, why would he do that?

Picture an ocean, with two people in it... one can barely keep afloat, the other is drowning. If the one who can barely keep afloat reaches out a hand to the one drowning, the drowner clings to that hand and will not let go, even though they both begin sinking. What is accomplished when they both drown together?

I'm not especially interested in your answers, they are rhetorical questions. If I were in your shoes, however, I'm pretty sure I'd want to know what my own answers would be, and then question why I answered the way I did.

[Edited 5/29/2015 8:52:24 AM ]

5/29/2015 8:53:47 AM Need some advice!  

ed2day
Baltimore, MD
59, joined Aug. 2007

Quote from cnainri79:
Your right at the site of being there ifsomething goes wrong i do have a heart! But it's not me feeling the need to save him from it ! I don't want to condone it or be like everyone else and walk away or be in denial of the issue!

It ain't gonna work! The guy has to wanna get clean. Drugs are a disaster!

5/29/2015 9:00:08 AM Need some advice!  

l380
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,550)
Alabaster, AL
43, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from calthropstu:
I helped a friend quit once. Locked him in a windowless bathroom for a week. Reinforced the door with sheet metal, put pads on the walls.

On th third day, he went on a rampage. Smashed the sink, tore a section of padding off the wall and began punching his way through.

Had to handcuff him hogtie style. He threw up the entire week. When it was finally over, we gave him his final test... a heroin needle placed in front of him.

I haven't talked to him in years. I wouldn't doubt that he started using again. I will never hang around another heroin user again. As soon as someone mentions having tried or wanting to try it, I will cut them from my life then and there.

Sorry Cal, but this is wholly unbelievable.

5/29/2015 9:08:14 AM Need some advice!  

chris_90352
Sykesville, MD
42, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from calthropstu:

Vomit? Windowless, padded rooms? Smashed furniture? Syringes? Handcuffs?

Sounds like one of Sven's typical dates.

5/29/2015 9:10:08 AM Need some advice!  

candy0426
Newtown, PA
47, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from l380:
Sorry Cal, but this is wholly unbelievable.

I believe him. Coming off heroin without a hospital is horrific.

I've seen it first hand myself.

5/29/2015 9:11:47 AM Need some advice!  

archer513
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,142)
Cincinnati, OH
40, joined Dec. 2014

What kinda idiot gets involved with an addict?

5/29/2015 9:12:47 AM Need some advice!  

lunaglider
Over 2,000 Posts (2,114)
Edwards, CO
61, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from chris_90352:
Vomit? Windowless, padded rooms? Smashed furniture? Syringes? Handcuffs?

Sounds like one of Sven's typical dates.

Kinky...

5/29/2015 9:14:18 AM Need some advice!  

mylegsarecold
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,547)
Gainesville, FL
53, joined May. 2011

You should not date someone you feel sorry for.

5/29/2015 9:15:08 AM Need some advice!  
kawkasian
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,841)
Beverly Hills, CA
35, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from mylegsarecold:
You should not date someone you feel sorry for.

This^, just f**k em

5/29/2015 9:16:59 AM Need some advice!  

l380
Alabaster, AL
43, joined Sep. 2014

Yeah candy, its not the heinous and animalistic effects of withdrawal I'm talking about, I know that to be true.
I'm talking about the bathroom, padded wall,steel reinforced door and a week after that, he puts a needle in front of him as a "test".
No. Wholly unbelievable.

[Edited 5/29/2015 9:17:56 AM ]

5/29/2015 9:17:48 AM Need some advice!  

candy0426
Newtown, PA
47, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from archer513:

She was my best friend from Kindergarten. When she was clean I was there for her. When I suspected she was using again I walked away.

5/29/2015 9:18:41 AM Need some advice!  

candy0426
Newtown, PA
47, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from l380:
Yeah candy, its not the heinous and animalistic effects of withdrawal I'm talking about, I know that to be true.
I'm talking about the bathroom, padded wall,steel reinforced door and a week after that, he puts a needle in front of him as a "test".
No. Wholly unbelievable.

I missed the test part. That's ridiculous.

5/29/2015 9:24:49 AM Need some advice!  

beverduster
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (54,014)
La Feria, TX
50, joined Apr. 2008

ask russell he is full of shit

5/29/2015 9:26:54 AM Need some advice!  

chris_90352
Sykesville, MD
42, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from archer513:

DateHookup alone is full of people desperate enough to do it. You can't throw a LOL-Cat picture on screen without hitting at least a half-dozen DH Women who'll sleep with and more or less "marry" the first guy that pays attention and DH Men who would be happy to get a prostitute to pay them any attention for an hour or two. I'll believe a significant number of people would get involved with an addict in a heartbeat.

There also seems to be a certain amount of romance to the idea that one can find a "fixer-upper", be just the right one to give him/her a chance, then turn him/her in to a prince/princess and live happily-ever-after.

Some folks grew up with addicts, that's all they know, all they've been prepared to socialize with, and can't imagine a close relationship with anyone but addicts.

It's not my thing, but I'm hardly the only person in the world

[Edited 5/29/2015 9:28:17 AM ]

5/29/2015 9:42:06 AM Need some advice!  

fishnthec
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,485)
Mesquite, TX
64, joined Oct. 2010
online now!

You don't need advice. You already know what to do.

There is philosophy in the music though, if you pay attention. You always have that to back you up.

I hear a song playing right now in my head. Let me read you a line.

"So don't play with me, cause you play with fire"

5/29/2015 9:48:07 AM Need some advice!  

archer513
Cincinnati, OH
40, joined Dec. 2014

Guys I need advice:

Should I stick my d*ck in a meat grinder or not?

Should I drink draino or not?

Should I fondle little kids or not?

Should I rob a liquor store with a banana or not?

Can we move all the f**ktards to Florida and build a wall?

5/29/2015 9:52:24 AM Need some advice!  

fishnthec
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,485)
Mesquite, TX
64, joined Oct. 2010
online now!

Arch, I wish life were that simple pal!

But, unfortunately, we are dealing with the human race here!

5/29/2015 10:01:10 AM Need some advice!  

archer513
Cincinnati, OH
40, joined Dec. 2014

We're losing the race...

5/29/2015 10:04:27 AM Need some advice!  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
36, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from l380:
No. Wholly unbelievable.
that last wasn't my idea. It was his gf. She chose then to give him the ultimatum that op was suggesting.

There were 4 of us doing it. His brother, sister (who I was dating), me and his gf.

His gf was a nurse so had some input as to what was needed. She put that needle down and said basically this or me. The guy started crying.

The setup was crude at best. We took 2 inch thick sheet metal and screwed it over the doorway, we nailed a bunch of mats to the wall, and cut a hole in the door to slip food and other stuff through.
When he went berserk we had to unscrew the sheet metal before we could get to him. Luckily, both me and his brother were there. If he had done that when it was just the girls, they wouldn't have been able to stop him.

5/29/2015 10:08:39 AM Need some advice!  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
36, joined Aug. 2012

I definitely wouldn't do the banana thing. Monty Python did a whole sketch on how to defend yourself from someone wielding fruit.

It doesn't end well for the fruit wielding maniac.

5/29/2015 10:09:34 AM Need some advice!  

inknpink
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,173)
Castle Rock, CO
30, joined Feb. 2015

Any drug use I'm out.

5/29/2015 10:12:26 AM Need some advice!  

nothingneeded
Over 2,000 Posts (2,220)
Johnston, IA
46, joined Sep. 2014

Looking at your profile...it says a lot.
But...you didn't answer the Kid section. It just says...didnt say.

So...im curious if you have any...and if you do where are they?

Second...only you can make that decision...but if you are strong enough to handle him with his addiction by not allowing your emotions in the way...then why not stay as friends and try to offer help.
But ..if you have kids...you should be focusing on them.

5/29/2015 10:12:29 AM Need some advice!  

l380
Alabaster, AL
43, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from calthropstu:
that last wasn't my idea. It was his gf. She chose then to give him the ultimatum that op was suggesting.

There were 4 of us doing it. His brother, sister (who I was dating), me and his gf.

His gf was a nurse so had some input as to what was needed. She put that needle down and said basically this or me. The guy started crying.

The setup was crude at best. We took 2 inch thick sheet metal and screwed it over the doorway, we nailed a bunch of mats to the wall, and cut a hole in the door to slip food and other stuff through.
When he went berserk we had to unscrew the sheet metal before we could get to him. Luckily, both me and his brother were there. If he had done that when it was just the girls, they wouldn't have been able to stop him.

cool story.

5/29/2015 10:14:52 AM Need some advice!  
squillovoce
Rio Rancho, NM
36, joined Jul. 2013

You aren't helping him. You don't know how to help him. If you care about him you'll realize you are contributing to him killing himself. Get out and walk away. It's better for both of you.

5/29/2015 10:19:34 AM Need some advice!  

lunaglider
Over 2,000 Posts (2,114)
Edwards, CO
61, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from calthropstu:
I definitely wouldn't do the banana thing. Monty Python did a whole sketch on how to defend yourself from someone wielding fruit.

It doesn't end well for the fruit wielding maniac.

I defended myself against being molested by wielding a tomato. Threw him completely off guard deciding if it was a fruit or vegetable so I had time to run...

5/29/2015 10:21:39 AM Need some advice!  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
36, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from lunaglider:
I defended myself against being molested by wielding a tomato. Threw him completely off guard deciding if it was a fruit or vegetable so I had time to run...

This got me to bust out laughing on the bus.

Got some strange looks lol.

5/29/2015 10:44:55 AM Need some advice!  

pdforone
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,337)
Litchfield, OH
64, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from cnainri79:
He is white!

And stupid?

5/29/2015 10:45:55 AM Need some advice!  
statue_goddesss
Virginia Beach, VA
42, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from lunaglider:

Can't.... Breathe...

5/29/2015 10:48:45 AM Need some advice!  
a4umposter
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,301)
San Antonio, TX
48, joined Dec. 2014

You're just going to be in for too much grief & troublesome times with this man. He's addicted to whatever drug it is, so that addiction has power over him. He will choose the drug over everything else.

5/29/2015 10:50:10 AM Need some advice!  

archer513
Cincinnati, OH
40, joined Dec. 2014

The tomato is a fruit...

The peanut is not a nut

Learnin

5/29/2015 10:52:32 AM Need some advice!  

lunaglider
Over 2,000 Posts (2,114)
Edwards, CO
61, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from archer513:
The tomato is a fruit...

The peanut is not a nut

Learnin

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to use a tomato in a fruit salad....

5/29/2015 10:54:15 AM Need some advice!  

eyesofmedusa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (36,616)
San Antonio, TX
51, joined Jun. 2012

The moment...the word ..drugs is mentioned...

Game over...

5/29/2015 10:56:43 AM Need some advice!  

stanleyzee
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (27,441)
Dayton, OH
31, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from ltlwing:
You are wasting your time.A drug addict will pick a drug over you everytime.
If they will pick the drug over ..kids,wife,or family ...they will pick it over you.

The only way to handle the situation is to leave in not being an enabler... They have to reach bottom in wanting to get clean.
it happened my way...but I'm saved

5/29/2015 11:16:13 AM Need some advice!  

sweetmama117
Over 1,000 Posts (1,576)
Bronx, NY
55, joined Aug. 2013
online now!

OP the only one that can help your friend

is himself. If he's not ready to stop, he

won't and you just become a co-dependent.

When he's ready to get clean he'll seek

help. You don't live with him or married

shit not even in a relationship, why you

want to screw your life up. Let it go.

5/29/2015 11:24:06 AM Need some advice!  

txrose64
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (29,824)
Pearland, TX
51, joined Jan. 2013

CNA see "co dependency" and seriously read up on that

it will explain why are you attracted to an addict (who seems to be in the sh*t of his addiction from what you typed)

he needs professional help..if you just have to stick around through that..help make that happen (call your local mental health county authority they'll steer you in the right direction) do so but as a friend only.

what does an addict have to change?

everything

and that would include no major new changes for that first year of sobriety (ie a relationship)

good luck.

5/29/2015 11:27:01 AM Need some advice!  
sarahgoldsmith
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,523)
Washington, DC
44, joined Jan. 2014

Cnain

If you want to stick around, discourage him from using drugs. If u want to be a good friend, help him but don't have sex with him. Tell him if he wants sex, he has to quit doing drugs. Tell him u don't want to be with someone who abuses drugs, it bothers your conscience & it's against your morals.

You can be a friend. But having sex is another matter. He has to quit drugs or he can't have sex with you. Tell him those are the choices. Take it or leave.

Doing drugs = no sex
Quit drugs = he can have sex with you.

If my guy abuse drugs or smoke pot, I am leaving. I am out the door. I will tell him to quit, and if he doesn't listen, then I am leaving. It was nice knowing you, you enjoy your illegal drugs, but please do it without me around. Have a great life.

5/29/2015 11:32:38 AM Need some advice!  

mustangwriter
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,344)
Boerne, TX
54, joined Nov. 2009

First of all what kind of drugs.
I mean there are drugs...and there are DRUGS. Am I right?

2ndly...I dated a chick from Fall River in the 70's and she was cool as shit!

5/29/2015 5:59:58 PM Need some advice!  
cnainri79
Fall River, MA
35, joined Apr. 2014

Look people this isn't a post to tell me i'm insane or creating a worst situation i needed some one who is objective and can help me try to fix things not because i'm f**king him that wasn't even implied! I care for him and don't like the fact that dr's won't help him feel normal that drugs are used to feel normal i started by giving little details for this post! But i have a great guy who is struggling and is complletely honest with me but needs help not a friend who walks out making him feel hopeless! His family all sees a change when we're together and he was clean for 5 months and in the last 6 weeks we've been talking again slipped up twice he wants help but doesn't have a friend or family who really gives a shit one way or another! I don't want to be the same way i truly want to help even if no relationship comes out and firstly if you saw a crash wouldn't you help out a complete stranger if you could or would you be to afraid because of what if's! Please help me if not don't hate me for trying to save someone's life!

5/29/2015 6:04:02 PM Need some advice!  
statue_goddesss
Virginia Beach, VA
42, joined Jul. 2014

a crash isnt the same thing ...dont know how you can even try to use that as an example

unless the driver repeatedly crashed into everything he loved over and over killing everything eventually on purpose

you mean THAT kind of crash where people should help over and over?

You reek of your own agenda OP. Sorry, but you are out for your feelings. Not his. Admit him for observation against his will or stop trying to get with him and call his 'mistakes' slip ups

it isnt a mistake if it is done over and over......it is a choice. period

harsh reality mama

it sucks, but you need to get him professional help. not a relationship

good luck to you

5/29/2015 6:05:50 PM Need some advice!  

brandycool1
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,656)
Syracuse, NY
44, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from statue_goddesss:
You already know the answer.

Leave. Now. No romantic ties.

Also, you are being selfish here. You are trying to get this man to pick you over an addiction that seems to have dominated his life. Ultimatum? How about rehab? Intervention? Get with his family/friends if you want to be involved. If he does stop doing drugs?

The LAST thing he needs is to focus on a relationship as a crutch. Even in AA they tell you to get a plant for a year before being emotionally responsible for ANYONE but yourself in romance.

You're fighting the wrong battle. You're fighting for your own agenda. Not his over all well being and recovery.

j/s

This

5/29/2015 6:07:02 PM Need some advice!  

slutfoluv
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,664)
Colorado Springs, CO
37, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from cnainri79:

Have you let him taste the pudding yet