Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

no credit card sex hookup

When I opened the door it was the 1st time I had observed Camille in individual, but I currently felt a sense of familiarity. single men in killeen texas He even started finding upset and accusing me of becoming weird when I would not reply to his messages. When I got back, right after only a single month of speaking/ dating we went on a weekend trip out of town. locanto las vegas Meanwhile, Darrin is pacing back and forth trying to figure out a new program.

local hookup near me

Whether it s a 1 time acknowledgement of this write up or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to nearby primarily based reporting from our compact but mighty team. single women in yakima The app is no cost and you can view profiles, add friends and start chats at no extra expense. If your app has diverse versions for precise areas, sports teams, universities, etc. electric worm omegle Even with all the power that on line daters place into producing sure their profiles are as appealing as attainable, occasionally — or, possibly, a lot of the time — crossing into catfishing territory is virtually inevitable.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/28/2016 8:22:05 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

If humans were magically created by a god , then why do they need a planet , why do they need a form ?

Something all knowing , and all powerful , should be able to sort through their souls , without any flesh .

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/28/2016 8:35:30 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Face it , if there is a god , a heaven , or a hell , then why bother fabricating a beautiful eco system . If anything , he was , testing our ability to share .

1/28/2016 10:12:13 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,981)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Why did God make man they way He made them? I don't know---you'll have to ask God.

1/28/2016 11:10:35 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

I've been asking for years.....

1/29/2016 11:42:16 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

thebard58
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,804)
Hermiston, OR
57, joined Jul. 2010

Actually, thinking about it...

The question is not specific enough.

Most of us seem to have presumed (I admit I assumed- and we all know the cliche about that) that this was referring to-- as a required course, in government mandated curriculum.

Going on that presumption, the question really is WHY?

For the education that we all are required to pay for (tax supported), I would say that what should be required is only those subjects that are essential to prepare the student for life.
Which is essentially the "3 R's" as the old cliche goes- Reading, 'riting, and 'rithmatic.
History, government, and economics may be considered essential, simply because citizens of the US have a voice in our government, which requires some knowledge to exercise responsibly.
"Health" is included really, only because so many parents do not teach necessary basics in this area. (But I would differentiate between basic biology and "sex education").
Certainly, the "scientific method" is a good thing to learn, but then, basics of philosophy (which, to the best of my knowledge, has never been a required course) would be just as beneficial.
In this perspective, I am reminded of a comment by my H.S. geometry teacher. At the very beginning of the class he said (can not testify to verbatim- it's been a loooong time!):
"Some of you will be asking 'Why do we have to take this course. What good will it do us?' Honestly, most of you will probably never use what you are expected to learn here, but you will have to pass this course, because it's required by the state."
Now I actually have had occasion to use basic geometry (and even trigonometry).
But then, that was before PC's were so commonplace that one could simply look up formulas.

So how does knowledge of Darwin's theory (or even the contribution of such notables as Madame Curie, Mendelson, or Pasteur for that matter) fit into being essential, and therefore a legitimate requirement? Especially when our education system seems to be failing to produce graduates that even meet reasonable standards of spelling, grammar, and mathematical skill?

1/29/2016 11:57:32 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from thebard58:
Actually, thinking about it...

The question is not specific enough.

Most of us seem to have presumed (I admit I assumed- and we all know the cliche about that) that this was referring to-- as a required course, in government mandated curriculum.

Going on that presumption, the question really is WHY?

For the education that we all are required to pay for (tax supported), I would say that what should be required is only those subjects that are essential to prepare the student for life.
Which is essentially the "3 R's" as the old cliche goes- Reading, 'riting, and 'rithmatic.
History, government, and economics may be considered essential, simply because citizens of the US have a voice in our government, which requires some knowledge to exercise responsibly.
"Health" is included really, only because so many parents do not teach necessary basics in this area. (But I would differentiate between basic biology and "sex education").
Certainly, the "scientific method" is a good thing to learn, but then, basics of philosophy (which, to the best of my knowledge, has never been a required course) would be just as beneficial.
In this perspective, I am reminded of a comment by my H.S. geometry teacher. At the very beginning of the class he said (can not testify to verbatim- it's been a loooong time!):
"Some of you will be asking 'Why do we have to take this course. What good will it do us?' Honestly, most of you will probably never use what you are expected to learn here, but you will have to pass this course, because it's required by the state."
Now I actually have had occasion to use basic geometry (and even trigonometry).
But then, that was before PC's were so commonplace that one could simply look up formulas.

So how does knowledge of Darwin's theory (or even the contribution of such notables as Madame Curie, Mendelson, or Pasteur for that matter) fit into being essential, and therefore a legitimate requirement? Especially when our education system seems to be failing to produce graduates that even meet reasonable standards of spelling, grammar, and mathematical skill?

You lost me at government , sorry .

This government was built on the backs of those willing to make a stand , pissed and prodded by those who want to throw it all away .

1/29/2016 12:40:45 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

thebard58
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,804)
Hermiston, OR
57, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from nonstandard:
You lost me at government , sorry .

This government was built on the backs of those willing to make a stand , pissed and prodded by those who want to throw it all away .

OK. I pretty much agree with the last statement.
Not really relevant to the topic though, unless you are simply saying "no" to any publicly sponsored education, period.

1/29/2016 7:49:06 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,836)
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from thebard58:

I don't see that evolution is taught all that much. barely touched on in biology as I recall. I recently asked that of my recent hs graduate granddaughter who said the same.

1/29/2016 8:05:00 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (188,071)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

All of my children and my older grandchildren have graduated from high school. None of them have ever had evolution studies in school.

1/29/2016 8:55:24 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I remember that it was only touched on when I was in school (public school). Maybe they don't dare teach it in depth---if they did the students would see how flimsy the evidence for it is.

1/31/2016 3:01:29 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from thebard58:
OK. I pretty much agree with the last statement.
Not really relevant to the topic though, unless you are simply saying "no" to any publicly sponsored education, period.

You're probably right , I have serious issues , with American education .

1/31/2016 8:49:03 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

jester0011
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (28,799)
Lake Waccamaw, NC
48, joined Jun. 2014

why teach somthing that has been proven wrong over and over.any evidence that proves its not always right never gets taught in the school system.

1/31/2016 8:49:52 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

jester0011
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (28,799)
Lake Waccamaw, NC
48, joined Jun. 2014

whats worse when things about it get proven wrong they still teach it anyway.

1/31/2016 10:36:48 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from jester0011:
whats worse when things about it get proven wrong they still teach it anyway.

which things have been proven wrong?

1/31/2016 3:30:13 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

up2youandme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,537)
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

No ...they should teach math !!!

2/1/2016 9:16:54 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from nonstandard:
You're probably right , I have serious issues , with American education .

I hear that Denmark is excelling at education , we should be following the golden rule .

2/4/2016 11:32:18 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,625)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Evolution should be taught, it looks as if few understand it.

2/4/2016 1:19:19 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Should it be taught that Darwin himself had doubts about it?

2/4/2016 1:58:51 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Yes lud he had doubts of course science had no way of proving he was correct in 1859, however some people have advanced past the time when a small wound could cause gangrene to and be sawn off by surgeons.
DNA is proof darwin is right, fossils prove darwin was right.
Unless someone chooses to live in the dark ages.

2/4/2016 2:14:13 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,520)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from olderthandirt20:
Yes lud he had doubts of course science had no way of proving he was correct in 1859, however some people have advanced past the time when a small wound could cause gangrene to and be sawn off by surgeons.
DNA is proof darwin is right, fossils prove darwin was right.
Unless someone chooses to live in the dark ages.

Peace

2/4/2016 2:51:56 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Because human DNA and the DNA of other species are similar does not prove that humans evolved from other species. And fossils, exposed to wind and rain for centuries before discovery, certainly prove nothing.

Evolutionism remains at the conjecture stage, which makes it by definition an hypothesis.

2/4/2016 3:37:18 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Your disbelief will not make it go away,
In comparison to the bible evolution has mountains of factual evidence.

2/4/2016 4:16:20 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Present some of that evidence for us, please.

2/4/2016 4:28:20 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Why you would not read or understand it. Did you read the article on whales evolving from land dwelling mammals?
If I referenced Gregor Mendel to you would you look it up?
If you can't grasp the basics how do you suppose you would ever come close to understanding any of the complexities of evolution?

2/4/2016 7:49:15 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Whales evolving from land mammals don't prove that man evolved from any other species. Father Mendel (a Catholic priest! how about that! a Catholic priest as scientist!) discovered a lot about genetics and genes, but he did not show where humans evolved from any other species.

Where is your proof, or even evidence, that human beings evolved from some other species? Not whales, not beans, not peas, human beings. Where is the evidence there?

2/4/2016 8:08:25 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

See I told you that you wouldn't ever get it, stay in the dark ages where you are comfortable and the pope ran the known world.
I don't care if you want to be ignorant,it's your life.

2/4/2016 8:44:55 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

No

2/4/2016 9:27:09 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Okay, okay, Olderthandirt, even if I'm a relic from the dark ages---which I don't consider myself---where is your evidence that HUMANS, not peas, not beets, not carrots, not whales, not paramecia, but HUMANS evolved from some other species?

2/4/2016 11:01:14 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Go to New York
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024-5192
Phone: 212-769-5100

online http://humanorigins.si.edu/

Intro to Human Evolution
How Do We Know?
Education Network
Lesson Plans
Educators Guide
For Students
Fun Facts
Human Evolution Glossary
Teaching Evolution through Human Examples

"How do we know..."

The aim of science is to build more accurate and powerful natural explanations of how the world works—and that requires testing ideas with observations and evidence to build scientific hypotheses and to generate predictions. The following examples explain how different kinds of evidence help scientists "know what we know", and how we use that evidence to draw conclusions about what happened in the past.

How Do We Know Humans Are Primates?
How Do We Know These Skulls Are Early Humans?
How Do We Know Climates Changed?
How Do We Know These Are Different Species?
How Do We Know the Ages of These Fossils?
How Do We Know These Are Human Fossils?
How Do We Know Climates Changed In The Past?
How Do We Know This Zebra Was Food?
How Do We Know Humans Evolved?
How Do We Know the Footprints Are Human?
How Do We Know Hadar’s Environment Changed?
How Do We Know Tools Were Transported?
How Do We Know These Were Hearths?
How Do We Know How Long It Took to Grow Up?
How Do We Know These Were Used as Pigments?
How Do We Know These Are Beads?

2/5/2016 2:51:07 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I can't afford to go to New York. Just present your evidence here. Do you have a videotape of a human baby being born to a gorilla?

2/5/2016 3:21:38 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

remain ignorant, nobody cares

2/5/2016 3:55:20 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from olderthandirt20:
remain ignorant, nobody cares

So true ..... so true!

Peace

2/5/2016 4:42:03 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

So present the facts already.

2/5/2016 5:49:28 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Facts have been presented and you still don't get it.
I doesn't happen overnight, apes don't have human babies you jackwagon.
It takes thousands of years of gradual change.
Do some reading stop being lazy, research for yourself.
Do you do drugs or what?
Did you really score 121 on your GCT/ARI tests?
Do you have a degenerative neurological disease ?

2/5/2016 7:29:54 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I can't afford to go to New York. Just present your evidence here. Do you have a videotape of a human baby being born to a gorilla?

this statement alone, lud, pretty much sums up the depth of your knowledge of anything science related and your willingness ever to learn anything new.

2/6/2016 3:37:53 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
So present the facts already.

This statement is a demonstration of why evolution should be taught in schools.
People should be able to understand a subject in order to discuss it intelligently .

2/6/2016 3:57:07 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

There's a reason they call it "theory of evolution "

Just like a lie or the buybull,you tell it enough times to yourself, you'll likely believe its true!!!

2/6/2016 4:23:52 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Lud, you're stupid too understand science.

[Edited 2/6/2016 4:24:09 PM ]

2/7/2016 1:34:52 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from up2youandme:
There's a reason they call it "theory of evolution "

Just like a lie or the buybull,you tell it enough times to yourself, you'll likely believe its true!!!

They call it theory , because its theory . New evidence suggest that Neanderthal and Human are two separate species .

If all the pieces are not there , they try to fill the blanks . Religion does the same , with a lot less pieces . Unlike religion , they know that new evidence , can destroy old theories .

2/7/2016 12:04:12 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Most of the simple but common "arguments" against evolution stem from serious misunderstandings of the science and principles that underlie it. Exploring the confusion behind the question is key to answering it. "Why are there still monkeys?" involves two major errors:
First the psychological essentialism of folk biology. Research has shown that people (adults and children alike) tend to be "intuitive creationists." The phenomenon of psychological essentialism causes people not to engage in population thinking, but to lump all individual animals of a certain "natural kind" (in this case, monkeys) together as more or less identical. In this misconception of evolution, it is individuals that simultaneously "transform" rather than populations that evolve.[4][5]
Second the question misinterprets evolution as a linear process: an upward-sloping line, like the old, pre-scientific idea of a "Great Chain of Being". This is a simple way of viewing evolution and changes are easily visualized in a linear fashion—the famous picture of human ancestors walking behind each other is a prime example. However, this traces just one twig of a much more complicated tree of life.
Many people are deeply reluctant to consider the possibility seriously, and treat it as asking "Do you want to be descended from a monkey?" But, of course, science and history are about what reality is and was, not what we would want it to have been.
There is also the related question: "If monkeys changed into humans, why aren't today's monkeys changing into humans?" Many people are under the mistaken idea that:
evolution is finished;
evolution states that one animal only evolves into the next animal—that if we started again, the exact same evolution would happen.
some modern animals are descendants of other modern animals.
The reality is that evolution is still happening, even in humans over the past few thousand years—the most famous and clear example being lactase persistence, which developed in Europe 10,000 years ago and separately in Kenya 3,000 years ago. Evolution has a multitude of possible paths, with specific changes depending on the environmental pressures at any particular time. Evolution is not random, but is affected by random factors—the best results of those random factors are what survives.
[edit]Serious answers

Key rebuttals address the misunderstandings behind the monkey issue:
Evolution is the change in populations, not in individuals.
Evolution is not a process in which species universally progress up a "ladder".
Humans are not descended from any modern species of monkey; both monkeys and humans are descended from some long-extinct ancestor pre-dating both. Although this species, if it were transferred to today, would be considered a "monkey", it is not any living species of monkey.
Evolution explains how humans developed from a primate ancestor, but not an extant species of monkey or ape. Modern primates include: bonobos, chimpanzees, gorillas, baboons, macaques, lemurs, gibbons, and humans. None of these is a descendant of any other.
Speciation can occur by branching into two or more reproductively isolated populations (cladogenesis) or when a single population changes over time to such an extent that the later population is considered a different species (anagenesis).
[edit]Disappearance of ancestors
The question assumes that ancestral forms must disappear as evolution takes place. This is not the case—species can often go millions of years with little in the way of change (hence "living fossils"). If an ancestral form is well adapted to a particular set of conditions (i.e. it "fits" an ecological niche) and these conditions do not change, then there is minimal selection pressure to drive evolution; this is what is really meant by "survival of the fittest": those who best "fit" in their environment. If a sub-population of this species migrates to a new habitat with new conditions (e.g., new food or a new predator) then selection pressure is placed upon it to evolve. As this sub-population evolves to fit a different set of environmental conditions, it may diversify enough to form a new species while the ancestral form stays relatively unchanged. But there's no rule that says the original species must go extinct to make way for the new one.
This sort of change drives much of evolution, with populations being split and forced by nature to adapt to new environments. Separation of this type often leads to one species splitting into two separate species. Indeed, it was observations of this sort that initially led Darwin to propose natural selection as the mechanism for evolution.
[edit]Branching family tree of cousins
Some report[6] success with the cousins analogy: species are extended groups of distant cousins with a long-dead (great-great-great-) grandparent. The current configuration of life is a snapshot of the living; the dead are long gone and no one wrote down the family tree, so we have to work it out from available evidence. Richard Dawkins uses this analogy in his book River Out of Eden. Asking If humans are descended from monkeys… is the same as asking If I am descended from (misleading, the correct term would be "related to") cousin Bob, why is cousin Bob still alive?[Note 2]

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/How_come_there_are_still_monkeys%3F

2/7/2016 4:46:17 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

There is no direct evidence that any of the larger mammal species evolved into another mammal species. The only evidencevits proponents have ever presented is, oh, because of DNA and other similarities between still-existing and no-longer-existing species, human beings might have evolved from another species.

Most scientists, like most people, don't want to believe in a God that is real, personal, close, and involved with the affairs of man. If such a God existed, scientists would have to humble themselves before that God (shudder! horrors!), and obey the ten commandments, including the ones about chastisy (double shudder! double horrors!). So they see that humans MIGHT HAVE evolved, so to excuse themselves from believing in God they begin to insist, to themselves and to others, that humans MUST HAVE evolved.

2/7/2016 5:59:29 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Most fundamentalist christians ,unlike most people, don't want to believe in factual science, and involved with the affairs of all natural order. If such a scientific evidence existed, christians would have to humble themselves before that scientific evidence (shudder! horrors!), and obey the laws of nature, including the ones about chastity (sex is a natural function). So they see that humans did in fact evolve as evolution says, so to excuse themselves from believing in science/nature they begin to insist, to themselves and to others, that some unseen supernatural being called god MUST HAVE done everything according to ancient sheepherders fables .

2/7/2016 10:22:26 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from nonstandard:
They call it theory , because its theory . New evidence suggest that Neanderthal and Human are two separate species .

If all the pieces are not there , they try to fill the blanks . Religion does the same , with a lot less pieces . Unlike religion , they know that new evidence , can destroy old theories .

As always, you missed the broadside of the barn! !!!

It's a theory because they can't prove it!!!!

2/8/2016 6:47:30 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from up2youandme:

Consult my post on page 7 for definitions written by scientists of the term "scientific theory". You're right that, by convention, theories are never considered proven and can be modified or replaced if a theory that better fits the evidence comes along, but replacement seems unlikely in the case of evolutionary theory. The theory will probably become increasingly stronger and more detailed and refined as new fossil discoveries are made and the secrets of how DNA works are unlocked. Maybe this will include reverse engineered dinosaurs, Mammoths resurrected and new species designed by human minds rather than the blind process of evolution by natural selection.

https://DateHookup.dating/Thread-1440117-91.htm

[Edited 2/8/2016 6:50:29 AM ]

2/8/2016 8:22:17 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
There is no direct evidence that any of the larger mammal species evolved into another mammal species.

The massive preponderance of indirect evidence is enough to prove that all mammal species evolved from small furry ancestors that scurried between the toes of dinosaurs more than 65 million years ago. Only after the demise of the dinosaurs was there an adaptive radiation of mammals, with their filling ecological niches once occupied by dinosaurs. Indirect, "smoking gun" evidence is sufficient to render a verdict in a murder trial, and so it is with evolution. Fossils are evidence. Homology is evidence. As are atavisms, vestigial structures, dead genes, embryology, study of human directed selection in plants and animals, examples of bad design and geographical distribution of species.

I'd recommend you have a read of Jerry Coyne's book Why Evolution Is True for more information about this evidence. As a taster, you could view his video lecture:

Why Evolution Is True (Jerry Coyne)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqxCoibTtaI

The only evidencevits proponents have ever presented is, oh, because of DNA and other similarities between still-existing and no-longer-existing species, human beings might have evolved from another species.

The evidence you're breezily dismissing is too massive to be dismissed by intelligent rational, unbiased people — which is why evolution is accepted as true in the scientific community and is only disputed by religious extremists who either don't understand the theory, don't know about the evidence, or have been rendered incapable of reasoning correctly due to religious indoctrination. There's probably no cure for the latter condition but the others can be remedied.

Most scientists, like most people, don't want to believe in a God that is real, personal, close, and involved with the affairs of man. If such a God existed, scientists would have to humble themselves before that God (shudder! horrors!), and obey the ten commandments, including the ones about chastisy (double shudder! double horrors!). So they see that humans MIGHT HAVE evolved, so to excuse themselves from believing in God they begin to insist, to themselves and to others, that humans MUST HAVE evolved.

This is an ad hominem attack against scientists. An ad hominem argument is fallacious because it says X isn't true because of some perceived negative character trait about the person positing X. It's a tactic used by people who lack reasonable arguments, and is especially fatuous here because some scientists who accept evolution are also theists. They just happen to be educated, relatively rational honest theists, who cannot lie about where the evidence leads.

Kenneth Miller for instance, is an evolutionary biologist who accepts the truth of evolution and is also a Catholic:

Kenneth Miller on Human Evolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi8FfMBYCkk

[Edited 2/8/2016 8:24:55 AM ]

2/8/2016 3:42:09 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I try to keep an open mind and I will look for that book. It is true that some devout Catholics do believe in the evolution hypothesis.

You will admit that many people buy in to evolutionism so that they can deny a personal and real God, won't you?

2/8/2016 4:20:53 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I try to keep an open mind and I will look for that book. It is true that some devout Catholics do believe in the evolution hypothesis.

You will admit that many people buy in to evolutionism so that they can deny a personal and real God, won't you?

That's a gross misconception because adherence to the theory of evolution does not per se negate the existence of a god.

2/8/2016 4:41:17 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:

People accept evolution because they are convinced by the evidence. They may reject the existence of God/s because they're unconvinced in light of a lack of evidence. So there's probably a connection (in scientists for example) between valuing evidence based reason and rejection of theism, but I wouldn't say people accept evolution so that they can reject God/s. That sounds as silly as saying people believe in God/s so that they can reject evolution.

2/9/2016 7:41:03 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from up2youandme:

Exactly . You cant belittle them for being honest , they're doing the best that they can , with what evidence they have .

Nobody can create a world , that was here , before we got here .

2/11/2016 4:04:52 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I read "Why Evolution Is True" by Jerry Coyne. Same old stuff---well, you see, there are all these fossils of ape-like beings that we don't know what are, so let's just assume they are the missing link between ape and man. And oh, their DNA is similar.

People, this is just conjecture! It's not proof!

2/11/2016 4:27:43 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I read "Why Evolution Is True" by Jerry Coyne. Same old stuff---well, you see, there are all these fossils of ape-like beings that we don't know what are, so let's just assume they are the missing link between ape and man. And oh, their DNA is similar.

People, this is just conjecture! It's not proof!

That isn't an accurate appraisal. We know what the "ape-like beings" are by their similarity to humans. Such similarities aren't random. Nature makes sense. Humans and apes share similarities because they also share a relatively recent common ancestor.

The similarities include:

The same number and arrangement of skeletal bones, although morphed into slightly different lengths and shapes.

Large intelligent brains in comparison to other animals.

32 teeth.

Forward facing eyes with colour and stereoscopic vision.

Presence of an appendix. Other primates don't have one.

Similarities in articulation of the elbow joint.

More than 98% DNA similarity.

Other Great Apes have 48 chromosomes. Humans have 46. There's irrefutable "smoking gun" evidence that this is because two ape chromosomes fused together in the human lineage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FGYzZOZxMw

The principle that species can be classified into groups sharing common ancestors by study of their shared characters applies to all plant and animal species on Earth — not just humans. Carolus Linnaeus realized this before Darwin was born and classed humans as Primates. Limnnaeus developed Linnaean taxonomy, which is still used to this day,

[Edited 2/11/2016 4:28:29 PM ]

2/12/2016 8:14:03 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

All those similarities between man and those other species are enough to base the conjecture that man evolved from those species. Those similarities are not proof.

2/12/2016 11:03:06 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Animals believe , humans gather knowledge from their environment , an environment that makes belief untrue .

2/12/2016 12:37:48 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
All those similarities between man and those other species are enough to base the conjecture that man evolved from those species. Those similarities are not proof.

Those similarities alone aren't proof, but they are evidence, and when considered together with lots of other evidence, the verdict has to be that life has evolved and is evolving. Species change over deep time and give rise to new species. Humans evolved from other species of ape, just as whales evolved from four legged land mammals, and birds evolved from four legged dinosaurs. If you don't accept that species change over time, please state your evidence. For example, if you think humans were specially created in their present form, tell us how and when this happened. Be sure to explain how and when all non-human species appeared in their present form too. There can be no exceptions. Your alternative explanation for the biological diversity of life needs to be consistent.

2/12/2016 12:54:45 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

The explanation for the bible hypothesis is;
it's magic no evidence required just it's magic

2/12/2016 6:07:10 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

NO

2/12/2016 9:58:49 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,970)
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014

No what?

2/20/2016 5:11:24 PM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Mature adults appeared from nowhere . Thats what makes religion so believable . Everyone wants a fairty tale to make them valid . How else could they act like a**holes without incrimidation .

2/21/2016 4:42:07 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

We don't know, from purely scientific evidence, if humans evolved from other species or were created directly by God.

I never flat out said the evolution hypothesis was false, only that it is merely an unproven hypothesis and should be taught, but not taught as absolute fact, in schools.

2/21/2016 5:17:14 AM Do u believe in teaching evolution in school  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
We don't know, from purely scientific evidence, if humans evolved from other species or were created directly by God.

I never flat out said the evolution hypothesis was false, only that it is merely an unproven hypothesis and should be taught, but not taught as absolute fact, in schools.

You're an idiot!

It is taught as scientific theory ..... not "absolute fact"!

Peace