Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal personal classifieds

It is cuffing season, so that Tube crush you re hoping to come across on Happn is likely just as desperate as you are to couple up and hunker down for winter. dallas asian girls Bumble utilizes your GPS location to discover persons in your region who fit your age criteria. Every of of these blocks are in the form of APIs that can be integrated into a new or an current app/website to improve its capabilities and functionality with minimum development work. websites like fetlife As this is 2021, all of these services, even the decades old Match, present each iPhone apps and Android apps.

louisville hookup bars

So, I opted out of dating apps about Dec. dating in greeneville tn Alex Dang is a sophomore pursuing a double important in Pc Engineering and Economics at the University of Maryland. With the ongoing pandemic, online dating has turn out to be prevalent in today s society. find a girlfriend online in sri lanka Generally, girls require emotional connection just before they get intimate with an individual when guys don t necessarily want any emotional involvement when they are hunting for a fling.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/16/2016 12:41:19 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,106)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Raymond Ibrahim: Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran, Claims ‘Scientific’ Study

February 15, 2016 9:59 am By Raymond Ibrahim 34 Comments

A new data-based study published on Yahoo News, Huffington Post, and many other media, purports to have proven that the Bible—including the New Testament—is more violent than the Quran.

From Tom McKay’s article about the study: “Fifty-eight percent of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Islam” thanks to a “laundry list of misinformation about the faith’s holy text, the Quran.” He continues:

But a recent project by data analyst and research marketer Tom Anderson turns one common misconception on its head: that the Quran is more consumed by blood thirst than the Christian Bible.… Of the three books [Old Testament, New Testament, Quran], the project found, the Old Testament is the most violent, with approximately 5.3% of the text referring to “destruction and killing” — the Quran clocked in at just 2.1%, with the New Testament slightly higher at 2.8%…. According to Anderson, the findings challenge the popular notion among Westerners that Muslims subscribe to a particularly violent faith. Indeed, he concluded, “of the three texts, the content in the Old Testament appears to be the most violent.”

So this study proves what Islam’s apologists have long claimed: that the Bible contains more violence and bloodshed than the Quran. Even so, the intelligence and/or sincerity of anyone—including supposed scholars and “thinkers”—who cites this fact as proof that the Quran cannot incite more violence than the Bible must be highly doubted.

For starters, this argument fundamentally ignores the contexts of all three scriptures. Comparing violence in the Bible—old or new testaments—with violence in the Quran conflates history with doctrine. The majority of violence in the Bible is recorded as history; a description of events. Conversely, the overwhelming majority of violence in the Quran is doctrinally significant. In other words, the Bible has about as much capacity to incite its readers to violence as a history textbook. On the other hand, the Quran uses open ended language to call on believers to commit acts of violence against non-Muslims. (See “Are Judaism and Christianity as Violent as Islam?” for my most comprehensive and documented treatment of this tiresome apologia.)

This study also fails to consider who is behind the violence. It just appears to count the number of times words like “kill” appear. Due to this, New Testament descriptions of Christians—including Christ—being persecuted and killed are supposedly equal at inciting Christians to violence as Allah’s commandments for Muslims to “slay the idolaters wherever you find them—seize them, besiege them, and make ready to ambush them!” (Quran 9:5). This study sees no difference between the martyrdom of Stephen (Acts 7-8) and Allah’s words: “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip” (Quran 8:12).

Even the claim behind this study—that “Fifty-eight percent of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Islam” apparently because of “misinformation about the faith’s holy text, the Quran”—is a strawman argument… Keep reading

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/18/2016 8:25:39 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,067)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

No one who has actually read the New Testament would actually say that anything in it is a call for violence. Love your enemy, forgive your enemy, forgive the dinner, bear one's personal cross or crosses, let God do the judging---this is what the good news of the gospel is about (there is more to it than that but that's a large part of it).

2/18/2016 1:41:38 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,537)
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

You only have to consider the fact that pope innocent III massacred more people than hitler in the name of Christianity.

2/18/2016 1:49:21 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from up2youandme:
You only have to consider the fact that pope innocent III massacred more people than hitler in the name of Christianity.

And what number do you put him at.

2/18/2016 2:09:23 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

The history books puts him at over a million on his first year and as history would have it,the inquisitions lasted centuries. If you can do the math,that's your parameters.

2/18/2016 4:05:01 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from up2youandme:
The history books puts him at over a million on his first year and as history would have it,the inquisitions lasted centuries. If you can do the math,that's your parameters.

So you just made it up I see.

2/18/2016 4:08:52 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
So you just made it up I see.

That means you can't add ..hmm

2/18/2016 4:45:25 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

No it means you are making up numbers, and sources.

2/18/2016 4:57:30 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

Hmmm ..and that means you don't read either...

2/18/2016 5:08:39 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

No, it means you cannot come up with a source for your claims.

2/18/2016 8:39:11 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

isna_la_wica
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,107)
Brantford, ON
62, joined Mar. 2012

No Religion is peace full.

And sorry that includes Hindu`s and Buddism as well.Now, some adherents of all are peace full and some are not. Religion is only what a particular follower makes it out to be. For example you can have Quakers claiming one thing, and the same religion has KKK claiming the same source for their inspiration.

I do not believe peace is all that fantastic anyway. If it means compromising on freedom, for my self or others? Then I would say trying to maintain a life of peace, is not an admirable goal.

What compromises is one willing to tolerate, in order to not have to fight?

Some claim, violence is only acceptable for self defense. So, you would fight for your life and your children`s but not your heghibours? How is that being morally superior? Rather selfish , I would say.

When we look at the massacres of the Yezidis, the slave markets being run by Boko Harem and ISIL? I am not sure how any body can claim that tolerating them breathing is some how a higher moral standard.

I am reminded of Edmund Burke:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little".

But having said all that? I am against ever invoking God, for our actions. We have to kill some body, its wrong to blame God or religion for it, and also wrong to invoke God for why you have to do it. God does not buy and sell slaves, Satan does not buy and sell slaves, humans do. And although I have deep beliefs, they have no affect on my deciding whether killing is justified or not.

And I detest, people who invoke God to justify killing, whether it is Muslims or Christians.

Yes, the Bible is rather blood thirsty. Much of it is written as history, and reflects nationalistic stories. So is the American National Anthem blood thirsty, or my Canadian one where I sing to stand on guard for it.

That is because, people are violent, and we live in a world where violence is a fact.

You can ignore it, sure. But when one side shows up for a war and the other side does not? Just as many die, its called a Purge, or ethnic cleansing, or a genocide. Is allowing that to take place, any more moral than fighting the ones doing the Genocide?

I say, not, and if I am wrong? Will stand in judgement maybe if most are correct. But I will not kill and support killing, and blame it on religion or God. I support killing, not because of God or the Bible, but because I hate slavery pure and simple.

2/19/2016 10:42:41 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Religions are made for the control of the people.

It's not our rules.

It's God's rules,

We just enforce them.

2/19/2016 12:18:28 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Who did Innocent III kill? Are you referring to the Crusades, a series of defensive wars wherein Christians fought to keep the Muslims from taking over Europe? Or are you referring to the Inquisition, set up to combat heresy, the heretics of the Middle Aged being the equivalent of today's terrorists---they would burn Catholics' crops, poison Catholics' wells, assassinate Catholic priests, etc. The Albigensian heretics, running wild in southern France during Innocent III's reign, were particularly bad about this sort of thing.

2/19/2016 5:00:28 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

The crusades began in early 1096 ad innocent III wasn't a pope until 1209 ad ..he was the first to enforce the inquisitions. ..you want the names of the first million he ordered massacred? The middle ages didn't begin until 1500 ad....know your church man or your history of it.

2/20/2016 12:58:34 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Hmmm

I'm curious how this relates to the actual text, which is being talked about.

Perhaps you can also enter the other text not covered in the blanket statements.

2/20/2016 2:46:51 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

The Middle Ages ENDED circa 1492, when Columbus landed in the New World.

Can you list the million people Innocent III supposedly killed? That would be quite a roster.

2/20/2016 9:47:44 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,520)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:
The Middle Ages ENDED circa 1492, when Columbus landed in the New World.

Can you list the million people Innocent III supposedly killed? That would be quite a roster.

Here is an excerpt from write-up on Pope Innocent III:

Most Evil Crimes

List of most evil crimes Type Year Crime Of crimes against humanity for the purpose of promoting Satanism (1198-1216) That Pope Innocent III did promote the Inquisition throughout Europe causing the murder of over one million (1,000,000) innocent people through terrible torture and public human sacrifice aimed at promoting the principles of Satanism. Of obstruction of basic rights and dignities of being a human being to think (1198) That Pope Innocent III did issue a Papal Bull declaring "anyone who attempts to construe a personal view of God which conflicts with church dogma must be burned without pity". That such action so fundamentally goes against all historical principles of the basic rights and dignities of being a human being that it represents one of the lowest marks of history concerning humanity. 1200 Of obtaining property through theft and false crime : (1200) That Pope Innocent III did publish a Papal Bull granting church ownership of all wealth and property belonging to individuals convicted of heresy. This Papal Bull represents the birth of the all-powerful Arch-Bishops (Cardinals) of the Roman Catholic Church, who robbed Kings, Queens and Princes to gain wealth, versus Royal families that fought back, therefore the death of many tens of thousands of people over the next few centuries. 1198-1216 Of obtaining property through Fraud and extortion using threat of excommunication (1198-1216), That Pope Innocent III did deliberately threaten and extort money, possessions and land across the world using the threat of excommunication, therefore heresy, therefore legal possession of property to the church. That By the end of his reign, the Vatican had stolen land and property to become the temporal ruler of Naples, of the islands of Sicily and Sardinia, of almost all the States of the Iberian peninsula such as Castile, Leon, Navarre, Aragon and Portugal, of all the Scandinavian lands, of the Kingdom of Hungary, of the Slav State of Bohemia, of Servia, Bosnia, Bulgeria, and Poland. 1204 Of crimes against humanity (1204) That Pope Innocent III did authorize the attack, theft and murder of the inhabitants of Constantinople, many of whom were Christians. Up to 100,000 innocent women, men and children were slaughtered. 1204 Of historic obstruction and deprivation of basic human rights for the purpose of racism : (1204 CE) That Pope Innocent III did introduce for the first time, a law requiring Jews to wear distinctive clothing for easy identification. Furthermore, the Pope orders that Jews are to be forbidden from being sold food during Passion week in the hope of starving them. The Roman Catholic Church reintroduce the special clothing identification of Jews several times again before architecting the “Final Solution” during the Catholic Nazi System of the mid-twentieth century. Of establishing an unlawful enterprise for the purpose of crime : (1206) That Dominic, also known as St. Dominic did conspire with Pope Innocent III to reinvigorate the income stream from sale of icons by claiming to have seen an apparition of Mary with Rosary beads. Pope grants St. Dominic his own order and effective control of any wealth gathered through the Albigense crusades against the Cathars in France. To this day, this simple false enterprise of icon worship and use has generated over $3 Billion (2006 US equivalent currency) alone for the Roman Catholic Church. Of crimes against humanity : (1208-38) Albigenses 1,000,000 Albigensians (Cathars) perish in south of France after Innocent III launches holy war described as one of history's most terrible campaigns. Of crimes against humanity : (1208) St Nazair 12,000 are slaughtered at Cathedral of St Nazair. Of crimes against humanity : (1208) Toulouse 10,000 are executed by Bishop Folque of Toulouse. Of crimes against humanity : (1208-9) Beziers (France) 1000,000 Cathari are slaughtered by Catholic Church commanding legate Arnaud; Of crimes against humanity : (1209) 7000 massacred in La Madeleine Church alone. Of obstruction of fundamental principles of being human and human dignity : (1210) Pope Innocent III (1198-1216) issues bull banning reading of Aristotle in Paris; another bull is issued in 1215. Of crimes against humanity : (1212) That Pope Innocent III did devise a terrible and evil strategy by issuing a Papal Bull authorizing children to launch their own crusade against the Muslims. Over the over 200,000 children that are released by the parents, a third die from the journey, a third are taken by the Catholic Church for ritual satanic sacrifices and the remainder are sold to slave traders for tremendous profits. Because the Papal Bull absolves the Catholic Church from all liability, neither the parents, nor sovereign nations can say or do a thing upon this evil act. Of obtaining profits from crime : (1213) England/Ireland England and Ireland become papal fiefs. Of obstructing of fundamental rights of decency and goodness : That in 1215 , the Lateran Council of the Catholic Church votes into church law (Canon Law) the penalty of death for all cases of heresy, so that church law now equates exactly to “civil law” created by Christian Emperor Justianian. Death for heresy remains the official position of the Roman Catholic Church even today.

Source: http://one-evil.org/content/people_13c_innocent_iii.html

The article includes biographical information on this madman.

Peace

2/20/2016 12:58:19 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

A whole bunch of Popes were pretty disgusting.

2/20/2016 1:59:45 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
A whole bunch of Popes were pretty disgusting.

They all are/were !!!!

2/20/2016 2:11:17 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

No, some were actually pretty good.

2/20/2016 2:58:50 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

Pretty good is relative. ..hitler was pretty good to his constituents! !!!

2/20/2016 3:09:18 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

As usual, you excel in ignorance.

2/20/2016 6:04:14 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

Hmmmm ...this coming from a guy who cut and paste his opinion. .

2/20/2016 7:15:29 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

No, my true and honest opinion, is you are an idiot.

2/21/2016 12:06:18 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

up2youandme
Chandler, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2014

Pffft. ..

2/21/2016 12:23:02 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,281)
Detroit, MI
54, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
No, my true and honest opinion, is you are an idiot.

I bet the beaner is illegal.

2/21/2016 4:37:58 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

The Inquisition did not execute millions. According to reputable historians, it executed about 6000 people in the 800 years or so that it was in existence. In one year alone in France (1641) Huguenot Protestants rounded up about 4000 Catholic priests and murdered them. Not to mention the way the Protestant English treated the Catholic Irish for centuries.

2/21/2016 5:21:58 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:
The Inquisition did not execute millions. According to reputable historians, it executed about 6000 people in the 800 years or so that it was in existence. In one year alone in France (1641) Huguenot Protestants rounded up about 4000 Catholic priests and murdered them. Not to mention the way the Protestant English treated the Catholic Irish for centuries.

Another nonsense response from a delusional catholic who refuses to see the historic ills of the RCC. As usual he does not include any documents to support his claims.

Peace

2/21/2016 10:15:13 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
m_gonzales
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,880)
San Antonio, TX
26, joined Sep. 2012

This is one of those things where you pretend the Christian Bible doesn't have an Old Testament, is it?

2/21/2016 10:33:26 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from m_gonzales:
This is one of those things where you pretend the Christian Bible doesn't have an Old Testament, is it?

I see you didn't read the OP.

2/21/2016 10:44:32 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
m_gonzales
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,880)
San Antonio, TX
26, joined Sep. 2012

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
I see you didn't read the OP.

I did. I'm asking your point. You don't trust studies? You agree with the methodology? You disagree? What are you getting at by reblogging somebody else's article?

2/21/2016 11:06:45 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from m_gonzales:
I did. I'm asking your point. You don't trust studies? You agree with the methodology? You disagree? What are you getting at by reblogging somebody else's article?

This guy basically says what I have been saying all along.

2/21/2016 12:42:57 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Sail Dancer, my source is the Wikipedia article on the Inquisition.

2/21/2016 1:11:10 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Also, see "Persecution of Catholics by French Calvinists" by William Thomas Walsh on the internet. I did get the year wrong---it was 1561, not 1641.

[Edited 2/21/2016 1:12:32 PM ]

2/21/2016 1:42:21 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Muslims, Albigensians, Huguenots, and the early Lutheran's were murderous thugs, most of them, and Catholics defended themselves. Muslims, as we all know, still are (the true-believing Muslims).

2/22/2016 12:47:35 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

followjesusonly
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,984)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

No doubt Catholics got exactly what they sowed. Poor babies.

Violence begets violence.

2/22/2016 6:08:34 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Catholics believe in love and peace. Whenever a heresy broke out, including Islam and Protestantism, one of the first things the heretics would do was to burn down Catholic churches and kill Catholics.

2/22/2016 7:06:57 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

followjesusonly
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,984)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Catholics believe in love and peace.

2/22/2016 7:31:36 PM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Catholics believe in love and peace. Whenever a heresy broke out, including Islam and Protestantism, one of the first things the heretics would do was to burn down Catholic churches and kill Catholics.

Sorry Lud.

Catholicism took over Europe for it's first thousand years. Killing any in it's path who didn't cooperate.

2/23/2016 5:36:42 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
Sorry Lud.

Catholicism took over Europe for it's first thousand years. Killing any in it's path who didn't cooperate.

Lud thinks that the RCC can do no wrong.

Peace

2/23/2016 9:32:33 AM Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran,  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Not true, Yasu. Catholicism has always been spread by self-sacrificing missionaries, monks and nuns. In vain will you seek for a case where a Catholic power invaded a pagan nation and forced it's inhabitants to become Catholic. The closest you will come is the case of Czech, where a medieval pagan King converted to Catholicism and commanded his people to do likewise.

I used to think that in what is now Latin America, the Spanish invaded and forced the native populations to become Catholic. I found out that this was not true at all. The Spanish did stop pagan worship and human baby sacrifices, but they forced Baptism on no one.