Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames singles

If you do not have a pc, you could visit a A single Cease Center or DES Employment Service office resource center . maine dating sites 11). He proposed at Rocky Mountain National Park in front of each our households, and we had been married eight months later. proad login It is our mission to attain out to people, couples, and families in order to aid create and maintain greater really like and well being in relationships.

megaperosnals

Will you end up getting appreciate and deleting that app? Unclear, but the interface is surely a lot more in depth than the apps that ask for only 240 character bios. dating service bend oregon I have no challenge with messaging first, even on non Bumble apps, and I do not even thoughts leading the conversation to an extent. Many folks set up an exclusive e mail ID only for these dating web pages. rentmen dc You can also select from numerous diverse characters by means of the several characters we set.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/6/2016 12:04:11 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,984)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Why Catholics Are Going To Hell
some excerpts

By David J. Stewart | August 2006 | Updated October 2015

“And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.” —John 8:45

Following Mens' Traditions Instead of God's Word

I don't mean to be unkind by saying that Catholics are going to Hell; but rather, to speak the truth and warn you of the judgment to come (2nd Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelation 20:15). The modernistic idea that we should all refrain from criticizing anyone else's religion is a completely evil New World Order philosophy. I'm going to speak the truth of God's Word, even if it offends you. I am going to warn you that you are on a wrong road, headed for the bottomless pit, even if you hate me for it. I am telling you the truth. Catholicism is a manmade religion that cannot save you. There is NO salvation in the Catholic Church; only idolatry, worshipping of the dead, heathendom, rituals, vain repetitions and doctrines of devils (1st Timothy 4:1). Salvation is NOT found in any religion; but rather, in a Person, the precious Lord Jesus Christ!

Billions of lost sinners are dying in their sins and plunging into Hell because of the lying Popes and priests who deceive them. Romans 10:3, “For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.” Jesus warned about following the commandments of men (Mark 7:6-13). Here's a list of Catholicism's manmade traditions fabricated over the centuries.

Matthew 23:13, “But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.” Woe until the Catholic Church and their idolatrous worship of idols and images! Exodus 20:4-5 (the second of the Ten Commandment) strictly forbids even BOWING to images. The Vatican has deceitfully removed the 2nd Commandment in their Hellish Catechism!

Trusting Upon Works Salvation (self-righteousness)

Satan is a master of deception!!! The Word of God states in 2nd Corinthians 11:3-4, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

Catholicism preaches ANOTHER GOSPEL and has ANOTHER SPIRIT. The Gospel (Catechism) of Catholicism REQUIRES a person to be water baptized into the Catholic Church to go to Heaven. Catholics are also REQUIRED to keep the Seven Sacraments to go to Heaven. These Sacraments include being confirmed by the priest, regular confession to the priest, regular observance of the Holy Eucharist with the priest, last rites by the priest, et cetera. The Catholic means of salvation; therefore, weighs heavily upon the Catholic priest.

Catholics are also REQUIRED to do good works to go to Heaven. Ask the average Catholic about faith verses works and they'll admit that they're trusting in FAITH AND WORKS to save them (which Romans 11:6 states is impossible). Romans 4:5 states in no uncertain terms, “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”

Idol Worship!

Catholicism's spirit is one of idolatrous adoration of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In fact, it is a spirit of demonism (1st Timothy 4:1), as is evident by the vain repetition of 53 "Hail Marys" in a standard Rosary prayer. Jesus condemned vain repetitious prayers (Matthew 6:7). Yet, they moan like a cult of Satan worshippers. Catholics have statues galore. Oh, how rebellious and sinful are the hearts of Catholics! They have religion without truth, churchianity without Christianity, and crucifixes without Christ.

“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God...” —Exodus 20:5

“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” —Philippians 2:10

Don't tell me that Catholicism doesn't worship Mary!!! The above photo says it all. Pope John Paul II worshipped Our Lady of Fatima (Mary) and not the Lord Jesus Christ. Again below...

The average Catholic is brainwashed with Catechism training and knows little about the Bible. The Word of God is clear that we are to bow at the name of Jesus (and NO other).

“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven,
and things in earth, and things under the earth.” —Philippians 2:10

Churchianity without Christianity

We also read in 2nd Corinthians 11:13-14, “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.”

Let me ask you a question friend. What religion, or group of ministers, are the above Scriptures warning us about? Most people would agree that Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are false prophets. BUT, what about Catholicism? How does Catholicism compare to God's Word? Not very well.

Matthew 23:9 forbids addressing any priest as “Father.” 1st Timothy 4:1-3 warns of false prophets who would teach "doctrines of devils." What are those devilish doctrines? 1st Timothy 4:3 tells us, “Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats...”

The Catholic Churches' practice of celibacy is DEMONIC! Catholics are not allowed to eat certain meats on Fridays. This teaching is DEMONIC! Matthew 6:7 forbids praying in vain repetitions; but that is exactly what Catholics do.

Exodus 20:4-5 prohibits bowing to graven images; yet, Catholics defiantly bow anyway, and then have the audacity to blaspheme God by saying it's not idolatry.

There are 1,000 things wrong with the Catholic religion!

The Catholic Church is Straight Out of the Pits of Hell

Catholics are going to Hell because they have chosen to follow the traditions of men, instead of obeying the gospel of Jesus Christ.

LIST OF CATHOLIC HERESIES And HUMAN TRADITIONS

ADOPTED and PERPETUATED by the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE COURSE OF 1600 YEARS

(Compiled by Rev. Stephen L. Testa)

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall
make you free.” —Jesus in John 8:32

Notice: These dates are in many cases approximate. Many of these heresies had been current in the Church years before, but only when they were officially adopted by a Church council and proclaimed by the pope as dogma of faith, did they become binding on Catholics.

And doctrine to be true must conform to the Word of God. “To the law and to the testimony; if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” (Isaiah 8:20)

Continued in Part 2

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/6/2016 12:07:06 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Part 2

At the Reformation in the 16th Century these heresies were repudiated as having no part in the Religion of Jesus as taught in the New Testament.

Heresy - Date

OF ALL THE HUMAN TRADITIONS taught and practiced by the Roman Catholic Church, which are contrary to the Bible, the most ancient are the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross. Both began 300 years after Christ. 310

Wax Candles introduced in church 320

Veneration of angels and dead saints 375

The Mass, as a daily celebration, adopted 394

The worship of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and the use of the term, "Mother of God", as applied to her, originated in the Council of Ephesus 431

Priests began to dress differently from the laity 500

Extreme Unction 526

The doctrine of Purgatory was first established by Gregory the Great 593

The Latin language, as the language of prayer and worship in churches, was also imposed by Pope Gregory I. 600 years after Christ
The Word of God forbids praying and teaching in an unknown tongue. (1st Corinthians 14:9). 600

The Bible teaches that we pray to God alone. In the primitive church never were prayers directed to Mary, or to dead saints. This practice began in the Roman Church.
(Matthew 11:28; Luke 1:46; Acts 10:25-26; 14:14-18) 600

The Papacy is of pagan origin. The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of Rome by the wicked emperor Phocas.
This he did to spite Bishop Ciriacus of Constantinople, who had justly excommunicated him for his having caused the assassination of his predecessor emperor Mauritius. Gregory 1, then bishop of Rome, refused the title, but his successor, Boniface III, first assumed title "pope."
Jesus did not appoint Peter to the headship of the apostles and forbade any such notion. (Luke 22:24-26; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18; 1st Corinthians 3:11).
Note: Nor is there any mention in Scripture, nor in history, that Peter ever was in Rome, much less that he was pope there for 25 years; Clement, 3rd bishop of Rome, remarks that "there is no real 1st century evidence that Peter ever was in Rome." 610

The kissing of the Pope's feet
It had been a pagan custom to kiss the feet of emperors. The Word of God forbids such practices. (Read Acts 10:25-26; Revelation 19:10; 22:9). 709

The Temporal power of the Popes
When Pepin, the usurper of the throne of France, descended into Italy, called by Pope Stephen II, to war against the Italian Lombards, he defeated them and gave the city of Rome and surrounding territory to the pope. Jesus expressly forbade such a thing, and He himself refused worldly kingship. (Read Matthew 4:8-9; 20:25-26; John 18:38). 750

Worship of the cross, images and relics was authorized
This was by order of Dowager Empress Irene of Constantinople, who first caused to pluck the eyes of her own son, Constantine VI, and then called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.
Such practice is called simply IDOLATRY in the Bible, and is severely condemned. (Read Exodus 20:4; 3:17; Deuteronomy 27:15; Psalm 115). 788

Holy Water, mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, was authorized 850

The veneration of St. Joseph began 890

The baptism of bells was instituted by Pope John XIV 965

Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV
Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible. (Read Romans 1:7; 1st Colossians 1:2). 995

Fasting on Fridays and during Lent were imposed
Imposed by popes said to be interested in the commerce of fish. (Bull, or permit to eat meat), some authorities say, began in the year 700. This is against the plain teaching of the Bible. (Read Matthew 15:10; 1st Corinthians 10:25; 1st Timothy 4:1-3). 998

The Mass was developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century.
The Bible teaches that the sacrifice of Christ was offered once and for all, and is not to be repeated, but only commemorated in the Lord's Supper. (Read Hebrews 7:27; 9:26-28; 10:10-14).

The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII
Jesus imposed no such rule, nor did any of the apostles. On the contrary, St. Peter was a married man, and St. Paul says that bishops were to have wife and children. (Read 1st Timothy 3:2,5, and 12; Matthew 8:14-15). 1079

The Rosary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans
The counting of prayers is a pagan practice and is expressly condemned by Christ. (Matthew 6:5-13). 1090

The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion 1184

The sale of Indulgences, commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in sin.
Christianity, as taught in the Bible, condemns such a traffic and it was the protest against this traffic that brought on the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century. 1190

The dogma of Transubstantiation was decreed by Pope Innocent III, in the year
By this doctrine the priest pretends to perform a daily miracle by changing a wafer into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive in the presence of his people during Mass. The Bible condemns such absurdities; for the Lord's Supper is simply a memorial of the sacrifice of Christ. The spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper. (Read Luke 22:19-20; John 6:35; 1st Corinthians 11:26). 1215

Confession of sin to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III., in the Lateran Council
The Bible commands us to confess our sins direct to God. (Read Psalm 51:1-10; Luke 7:48; 15:21; 1st John 1:8-9). 1215

The adoration of the wafer (Host), was decreed by Pope Honorius
So the Roman Church worships a God made by human hands. This is plain idolatry and absolutely contrary to the spirit of the Gospel. (Read John 4:24). 1220

The Bible forbidden to laymen and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the Council of Valencia
Jesus commanded that the Scriptures should be read by all. (John 5:39; 1st Timothy 3:15-17). 1229

The Scapular was invented by Simon Stock, and English monk
It is a piece of brown cloth, with the picture of the Virgin and supposed to contain supernatural virtue to protect from all dangers those who wear it on naked skin. This is fetishism. 1287

The Roman Church forbade the cup to the laity, by instituting the communion of one kind in the Council of Constance
The Bible commands us to celebrate the Lord's Supper with unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine. (Read Matthew 26:27; 1st Corinthians 11:26-29). 1414

The doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence
There is not one word in the Bible that would teach the purgatory of priests. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sins. (Read 1st John 1:7-9; 2:1-2; John 5:24; Romans 8:1). 1439

The doctrine of 7 Sacraments affirmed
The Bible says that Christ instituted only two ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Read Matthew 28:19-20; 26:26-28). 1439

The Ave Maria, part of the last
It was completed 50 years afterward and finally approved by Pope Sixtus V, at the end of the 16th century. 1508

Continued in Part 3

BUMP PLEASE

3/6/2016 3:44:13 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,281)
Detroit, MI
54, joined Oct. 2013

Idk about all catholics going to hell.

If such a place does exist, id bet my left nut that lud is going. Hell....id give my left nut to see lud in hell.

3/6/2016 5:16:40 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from followjesusonly:
Why Catholics Are Going To Hell
some excerpts

By David J. Stewart

Cheers for the big post but David J. Stewart sounds like a fruitcake:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jesus_Is_Savior

An initial impression confirmed by viewing the homepage of his website:

http://jesus-is-savior.com/

[Edited 3/6/2016 5:17:56 AM ]

3/6/2016 7:31:20 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,039)
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Seems like folks delight @ the thought of folks going to hell, crazy it is!!

3/6/2016 8:18:42 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

David J. Stewart mentions the UB in another one of his opinionated denunciations:

Elvis or Evils?

by David J. Stewart

Elvis traveled with a portable bookcase containing over 200 volumes of his favorite books. The books most commonly associated with him were books promoting pagan religion, such as The Prophet by Kahilil Gibran; Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda; The Mystical Christ by Manley Palmer; The Life and Teachings of the Master of the Far East by Baird Spalding; The Inner Life by Leadbetter; The First and Last Freedom by Krishnamurti; The Urantia Book;
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/elvis_or_evils.htm

[Edited 3/6/2016 8:18:57 AM ]

3/6/2016 9:40:12 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

kb2222
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,593)
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from ron6280a:
Idk about all catholics going to hell.

If such a place does exist, id bet my left nut that lud is going. Hell....id give my left nut to see lud in hell.

3/6/2016 2:24:00 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Thanks for all the replies. Here's Part 3

Part 3

The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority with the Bible
By tradition is meant human teachings. The Pharisees believed the same way, and Jesus bitterly condemned them, for by teaching human tradition, they nullified the commandments of God. (Read Mark 7:7-13; Colossians 2:8; Revelation 22:18). 1545

The apocryphal books were added to the Bible also by the Council of Trent
These books were not recognized as canonical by the Jewish Church. (See Revelation 22:8-9). 1546

The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1560 years after Christ and the apostles
True Christians retain the Holy Scriptures as their creed. Hence their creed is 1500 years older than the creed of Roman Catholics. (Read Galatians 1:8). 1560

The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners. Mary herself had need of a Savior. (Read Romans 3:23; 5:12; Psalm 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47). 1834

In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility
This is a blasphemy and the sign of the apostasy and of the antichrist predicted by St. Paul. (Read 2nd Thessalonians 2:2-12; Revelation 17:1-9; 13:5-8,18).
Many Bible students see the number of the beast (Rev. 13:18), 666 in the Roman letters of the Pope's title: "VICARIVS FILII DEI." -- V-5, I-1; C-100, I-1; V-S, I-1; L-50, I-1; I-1; D-500, I-l — Total, 666. 1870

Pope Plus X, in the year 1907, condemned together with "Modernism", all the discoveries of modern science which are not approved by the Church
Pius IX had done the same thing in the Syllabus of 1864. 1907

In the year 1930 Pius XI, condemned the Public Schools 1930

In the year 1931 the same pope Pius XI, reaffirmed the doctrine that Mary is "the Mother of God"
This doctrine was first invented by the Council of Ephesus in the year 431. This is a heresy contrary by Mary's own words. (Read Luke 1:46-49; John 2: l-5). 1931

In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary 1950

CONCLUSION

What will be the next invention? The Roman Church says it never changes; yet, it has done nothing else but invent new doctrines which are contrary to the Bible, and has practiced rites and ceremonies taken bodily from paganism. Some scholar has found that 75% of the rites and ceremonies of the Roman Church are of pagan origin.

Note: Cardinal Newman, in his book, “The Development of the Christian Religion,” admits that ... “Temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, holidays and season of devotions, processions, blessing of fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests and monks and nuns), images ... are all of pagan origin...” (Page 359).

HERESIES are those doctrines and practices which are contrary to the Bible. They are also called "human traditions" or "doctrines of men". Both Peter and Paul predicted and warned that in the later times "false teachers" would rise within the Church and bring in "damnable heresies" and "doctrines of devils". (Read 2nd Peter 2:1-3, and 1st Timothy 3:2-5). Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, for they transgressed the commandments of God by keeping their traditions. “in vain,” He said, "they worship me by keeping for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:3,9).

The real heretics therefore, are the Roman Catholics and the true orthodox are the Evangelical Christians.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/fools.htm

3/6/2016 3:06:21 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,106)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

I'm going to Disneyland.

3/6/2016 6:52:05 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,067)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

FJO, I thought you didn't believe in Hell.

3/6/2016 7:17:52 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
FJO, I thought you didn't believe in Hell.

I don't, and I didn't write that article.

But you believe in Hell. And in fact, you indicated that God is going to send you there:

"God is lovable and good and only sends people to Hell who don't love Him back." -Ludlow

And Jesus says you do not love God because you do not, and you refuse to, obey Him:

"If a man love me, he will keep my words."(John 14:23)
"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings." (John 14:24)

Whether it's Hell or personality extinction, willfully disobeying God probably won't go unanswered. There will be consequences. But the great thing about it is that those consequences will be caused by you, of your own freewill. Thank God, that you, like Satan, has the God given freewill to give God the finger. All we have to do is see how it plays out now.

3/8/2016 1:28:01 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from clarence2:
David J. Stewart mentions the UB in another one of his opinionated denunciations:

Elvis or Evils?

by David J. Stewart

Elvis traveled with a portable bookcase containing over 200 volumes of his favorite books. The books most commonly associated with him were books promoting pagan religion, such as The Prophet by Kahilil Gibran; Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda; The Mystical Christ by Manley Palmer; The Life and Teachings of the Master of the Far East by Baird Spalding; The Inner Life by Leadbetter; The First and Last Freedom by Krishnamurti; The Urantia Book;
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/elvis_or_evils.htm

Not a bad group of books to be in with, I'd say. Probably no Imprimatur on any of them. I've heard Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead) were also readers of The Urantia Book.

3/8/2016 2:52:49 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation.

3/8/2016 4:26:50 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:

You shouldn't repeat opinion statements like that on a public forum as if they're fact. Show some respect for other posters and preface such statements with "in my opinion". Someone with a 121 IQ should be able to manage that.

3/8/2016 4:33:21 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

3/8/2016 6:03:32 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

But it's not my opinion---it's the teaching of the Catholic Church, which was teaching this doctrine long before I can as born.

3/8/2016 6:37:57 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:

But it's not my opinion---it's the teaching of the Catholic Church, which was teaching this doctrine long before I can as born.

Such a teaching shows how corrupt, self-serving, unbiblical and anti-Christ the Catholic Church is and you are a deceived pawn not to know any better.

3/8/2016 6:49:58 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

And even tho the Catholic church teaches this, it's still an opinion of what a group of humans put together, to control other humans.
From it's very beginning!!

3/8/2016 9:46:38 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

It doesn't matter how long they've been teaching this wrong doctrine. A wrong doctrine does not become true just because it's been told for a long time. A lie is a lie. It's just someone's opinion, likely someone who declared himself to be "infallible," it's what Jesus calls the doctrines of men. It's wrong, it's arrogant and self serving, it's unbiblical and it's anti-Jesus, contrary to Jesus' teachings, which makes it anti-God.

...Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? (Luke 10:25)

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself." (Luke 10:27)

Oops, nothing there about the Catholic church.

"Not every one who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)

"For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." (Matthew 12:50)

Nothing there from Jesus about salvation and the Catholic church. No where in the bible does Jesus or anyone else say that "outside of the Catholic church there is no salvation." The Catholic church just made it up, a doctrine of men. The term Catholic church is not in the bible. Nor of course, are most of the teachings of that church, Purgatory, Limbo, and so on. It's all made up out of thin air, an insult to God.

3/9/2016 8:56:53 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Well, you should qualify the statement by always preceding it with "The Catholic Church teaches".

I don't think that's an accurate view anyway. The most recent Popes try and forge links with other faiths and don't do all that exclusivity of truth nonsense.

[Edited 3/9/2016 8:57:34 AM ]

3/9/2016 10:51:30 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from ludlowlowell:

Well, you should qualify the statement by always preceding it with "The Catholic Church teaches".

I don't think that's an accurate view anyway. The most recent Popes try and forge links with other faiths and don't do all that exclusivity of truth nonsense.

I'm totally with you on this, Clarencec

3/9/2016 6:39:54 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

It is true that a non-Catholic can be saved if he, through no fault of his own, is ignorant of the Catholic faith, but lives by the ten commandments. But these should be seen as extraordinary cases only. So much information about Catholicism is available these days, and the Holy Spirit is always willing to enlighten anyone who is searching for the truth.

"Ask, and you shall receive, seek, and you will find, knock, and the door will be opened to you."

--Jesus

3/9/2016 7:00:39 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
It is true that a non-Catholic can be saved if he, through no fault of his own, is ignorant of the Catholic faith, but lives by the ten commandments. But these should be seen as extraordinary cases only. So much information about Catholicism is available these days, and the Holy Spirit is always willing to enlighten anyone who is searching for the truth.

But you are not searching for the truth. The Catholic Church has corrupted you into believing everything they teach is the truth no matter what Jesus taught. Such a teaching shows how corrupt, self-serving, unbiblical and anti-Christ the Catholic Church is and you are a deceived and/or corrupt pawn not to know any better.

3/10/2016 11:03:16 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Not everything Jesus said was meant to be taken literally. "Despise father and mother", " despise self", "if your eye offends you, pluck it out", " call no man rabbi", and "call no MAN father" are some examples.

3/10/2016 12:00:18 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Not everything Jesus said was meant to be taken literally. "Despise father and mother", " despise self", "if your eye offends you, pluck it out", " call no man rabbi", and "call no MAN father" are some examples.

Jesus didn't say a lot of what is attributed to him in the Bible and He certainly did not teach that we are to despise ourselves and our father and mother which is contrary to the ten commandments. Jesus taught the Fatherhood of God and that is why He said not to call any man father for God is our Father and its clear He was speaking in the spiritual sense in teaching this. And He certainly did not teach that "Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation" as you assert and foolishly seek to teach such self-serving blasphemy to your brethren.

3/10/2016 12:10:01 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Jesus never said to despise one's parents. What Jesus did say has gotten seriously garbled somehow, over the centuries. Here's what Jesus said:

"I declare to you that he who loves father or mother more than this gospel is not worthy of the kingdom.”

And Jesus DID NOT say "call no man father."

He said: "Call no man your father upon the earth: "for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

You have to mis-state what Jesus said in order to continue to justify your disobedience.

3/11/2016 11:55:24 AM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Not everything Jesus said is to be taken literally. It is the responsibility of the hierarchical Church to interpret the words of Jesus, and the rest of Scripture.

3/11/2016 12:09:15 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Not everything Jesus said is to be taken literally. It is the responsibility of the hierarchical Church to interpret the words of Jesus, and the rest of Scripture.

The church has corrupted itself with its false doctrine of the perfection of the book they compiled.

God gives everyone a choice and its the Holy Spirit that changes lives not a preacher or another person.

Do you agree or disagree, Ludlow?

As I just said on another thread.

It is utterly deplorable and inexcusable that in this day and time you professed Christians still reject the divine loving and caring nature of God that Jesus revealed and believe and teach like the murderous OT Levitical Priests.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Death for Hitting Dad (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Death for Cursing Parents (Proverbs 20:20 NAB, Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill False Prophets (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-18 NLT)
Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
Kill Followers of Other Religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB, Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)
Kill False Prophets (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT, Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)
Infidels and Gays Should Die (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)
Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
Kill Sons of Sinners (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

If you "Christians" truly believe killing people for those reasons is righteous and justified and you actually believe God/Jesus would and did order man to kill his sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, friends and neighbors, for all those absurd reasons for killing people you are sadly to say no more a Christian follower of Jesus than were the Pharisees.

3/11/2016 12:38:26 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Only when it's convenient for you and the church though, right?? Are Jesus' words to be taken literally??
You forgot to add that obvious little tid bit.

3/11/2016 1:43:37 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

You and your church are, as usual, at odds with God. This is all you need to be saved:

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself." (Luke 10:27)

Your answers are the doctrines of men. You neither follow Jesus nor do you love God. Jesus never, ever says that being saved has anything to do with the Catholic church. You should be ashamed of yourself for pushing these Satanic, non Godly doctrines of men.

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Mat 15:8-9)

I suspect that the greatest casualties to lost salvation will be among Catholics, the self righteous who will fall the hardest in their pride of being infallible and "the one true chruch," etc. Your church really is an abomination.

3/11/2016 1:47:05 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

It is not. That's your pride talking, "We're Number One!, we're the only ones who can interpret the scripture" etc.

All anyone needs to know about salvation is the answer to this question, and it has nothing to do with the Catholic church:

Your church is pure evil.

3/16/2016 4:56:19 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

If it were my pride talking I would insist I could interpret Scripture for myself.

3/16/2016 6:14:41 PM Are Catholics going to Hell?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
If it were my pride talking I would insist I could interpret Scripture for myself.

The answer to that question is all you need to know, if you would only follow Jesus.

Yes, it's your pride talking, your pride of place, your pride of organization, your haughty idea that you are a member of the one true church founded by Jesus and you need to defend that proposition at all costs. You go to your church for all your answers instead of to the Spirit of Truth that Jesus sent to lead us into all truth. You don't trust God to do it. You've put your church above God.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth.

And the Spirit of Truth cannot work within your closed mind. Whenever you need an answer you shut out the Spirit of Truth and go to your church and then you blindly accept whatever it tells you. The Spirit of Truth cannot operate in that mindal environment.