Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best hookup app seattle

That I want he could give me a second opportunity but absolutely realize if he doesn t want something to do with me once more. gay chat miami If you d like to share, contact this reporter at These 15 stories of online dating disasters will feed your biggest paranoias. It can make your heart swell it can make a pit form deep down at the base of your stomach. chaturbate erfahrungen Extended distance relationships are not by nature doomed to fail.

privatedelight dating

But then tinder is geared towards fwb so it is not for you. carrollton ga classifieds When she finally took the leap, she met an individual who wasn t a stranger in the first spot. A single common way nevermet relationships fall apart is that the couples, properly, never ever meet. serbian chat app Name 2 issues you appreciate and 2 factors you don t appreciate about how you had been raised.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8/31/2008 9:41:54 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

nickiename
Las Cruces, NM

I'm 5'8", shoes add another couple inches of course, and I don't think that's freakishly tall for a gal. I've always kinda thought I was average but a friend I've been talking to and corresponding with for quite a while constantly comments on my height (he's 5' 5"). I can tell it really bothers him and he's even said if we get the chance to meet I absolutely cannot wear heels. I laughed it off but he was not laughing. I'd take it as a hint to bug off but he keeps calling me, it's not like I'm chasing after him. I seriously couldn't care less how tall a guy is, but it seems like it could be a genuine concern for him.

I just read in another post on a different thread here, "you're too tall for me" and it made me wonder, is a person's height really that big of a deal?

Would a noticeable height difference keep you from dating a person if you were interested otherwise?

8/31/2008 9:44:40 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

dprincess
Concord, NC

yes I am shallow, I need the man to be taller. I wish this was not true, however, even when I have dated shorter men, I found it did not work because of my lack of attraction.

8/31/2008 9:50:57 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

chellenc2008
Clayton, NC

It seems like it is a big deal to him. I've dated guys shorter than me. Some could care less and just like me for me. Others have had problems with it and the insecurities caused problems. He's telling you that you can't wear heels? hmmmmmmmm Sounds like he is more worried how he looks next to you than he is worried how you two will hit it off.

I prefer guys near my height or taller. I don't think that is shallow...it's a preference.

8/31/2008 10:03:09 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

no12luvyet
Philadelphia, PA

i see alot of women wanting taller men . i guess they don't think love can come the same from a man who is small as a man who's tall.......lol. makes me wonder about those types. as for me ,her height is'nt anything, if you Love someone height ,weight and age all seems to disapear . thats where you get the phrase " LOVE IS BLIND " JMO

take care roomies,hope all works out for everyone on DH

ROB (philadelphia)

8/31/2008 10:12:49 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

007shark
Crystal River, FL

I don't think I could date someone taller than me, but I haven't seen too many women that are taller than me. Other than that, I have dated women ranging from 5'0" up to 6'0". So for me, most women fall into my preferred range.

8/31/2008 10:13:20 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

kycountrygurl
Madisonville, KY

shark, there are very few women taller than you

8/31/2008 10:13:39 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

dutchboy4u
Huntington Beach, CA

If a guy is insecure with his vertical presence, he's sure to be insecure in other areas as well. Avoid him and find a man that has a taller self asteem.

Tell him to go date short chicks! Appearently dominating the relationship in a vertical sense is his main priority.

In reality, a persons height makes no difference at all. Unless either party feels threatened by it. Eventually it may cause issues or even a break up. So break it off early and be thankful he expressed his insecurities.

8/31/2008 10:18:02 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

007shark
Crystal River, FL

Quote from kycountrygurl:
shark, there are very few women taller than you

good thing, otherwise the tall brunettes would get the rep of the shorter blondes by hitting their heads on everything.

[Edited 8/31/2008 10:18:41 AM]

8/31/2008 10:18:34 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

g_d77
Watertown, NY

There was a similar thread created last week. My answer was: If I have to bend down to kiss her, she's too short. ie..5'4" or shorter.

8/31/2008 10:26:37 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

chellenc2008
Clayton, NC

Quote from no12luvyet:
i see alot of women wanting taller men . i guess they don't think love can come the same from a man who is small as a man who's tall.......lol. makes me wonder about those types. as for me ,her height is'nt anything, if you Love someone height ,weight and age all seems to disapear . thats where you get the phrase " LOVE IS BLIND " JMO

take care roomies,hope all works out for everyone on DH

ROB (philadelphia)

Actually the reason I want a tall man is because I am tall LOL. I've met a lot of great guys shorter than me, but it is a weird feeling towering over a man. I want to feel security and being protected(that's natural for a woman to want) and I'm being honest in saying I just don't feel that when I'm a LOT taller than a guy. I feel more like I'm the one doing the protecting which makes me think it's more like being a mother instead of a partner...and I've heard all the "it doesn't matter when you are sitting/laying down" stuff too...actually there is still a difference in height even when not standing LOL

I don't think it's being shallow at all to want a man at least close to my height...

8/31/2008 10:34:32 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

nickiename
Las Cruces, NM

Quote from g_d77:
There was a similar thread created last week. My answer was: If I have to bend down to kiss her, she's too short. ie..5'4" or shorter.

Please forgive me for being redundant, I've only been participating in the forums a few days and I was not aware that this was recently addressed.

Thanks for all your replies.

I wouldn't say it's shallow at all. It just is, what it is. One can't really help what they find attractive or not attractive. I guess it just seems odd to me because he's complimentary in several other respects. I mean it's not like I can go out and get a shin reduction or have a couple vertebra removed....... or can I?

I sure wouldn't want to make a fella uncomfortable standing next to me but I'm even more disagreeable to being told what to do (that should be my real clue in all of this, huh?) so I'd be wearing heels for sure if we did meet.

Very good point that he may be insecure in other ares as well.

8/31/2008 10:36:54 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

kycountrygurl
Madisonville, KY

I'm 5'10 barefoot and wear heels up to 4 inches...which makes me well over 6 foot....my boyfriend is 5'9 and he has no problem with me being taller than him.

8/31/2008 10:40:46 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  
bb36575
Semmes, AL

I been seeing a woman that 5'9 which is taller than me. Although we are friend, I think I have enter the friend zone because I am not taller. She has brought of the subject in jesh, I know it bothers her. We will never be close for this. You can tell when a woman want a big strong bike riding bad azz.

8/31/2008 10:50:16 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

healthguy08
Alpharetta, GA

I'm 6'2 and I'd date somebody 4 foot high if they were the right one. Height doesn't matter anymore. It used to when I was "shallow" and made the mistake of marrying my first wife. It got me abondoned and divorced. Never again will I make the same mistake twice. She must be sold out to God first!

8/31/2008 10:50:30 AM Is height a deciding factor for you?  

dutchboy4u
Huntington Beach, CA

Quote from nickiename:
Quote from g_d77:

Please forgive me for being redundant, I've only been participating in the forums a few days and I was not aware that this was recently addressed.

Nickie...Don't worry about forum trivialities. Just post on!

I think you are beginning to see the big picture here. Your best bet is to find someone that is secure in their own skin. It just makes for less headaches in the future.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6