Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

do hookup sites work

A friend told me it wasn t my part to set my son up with dates and that I shouldn t have interfered. ocoee singles But it is, in a profound sense, in the sense that the person I am now was born in that writing, a get started. It all seemed so foreign to me — not only was my ex not involved in our lives, there were four states between us. online dating nepali girl The next day I came down with a cough and started to really feel seriously out of breath.

private delights

Ask guys who are equivalent to you, either married or still single, to suggest shadchanim to you. dating blairsville ga She was boring and shallow, but she did get a lot of focus. I just about swiped left on Andrew when he initial popped up on Hinge, since his profile didn t genuinely catch my attention. sniffies app Be mindful of how it will study to your date, and that Blind date reaches a significant audience, in print and on the internet.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

9/29/2008 4:17:13 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

liatris
Over 2,000 Posts (3,308)
Fairfield, CT

1. Run
2. Stay and at least have coffee
3. Too busy laughing to vote

Thought I'd share my experience with this thing called Internet dating.............

I was having fun chatting with this one guy, so we agreed to met for coffee.

Now, mind you, I told him I am a gardener and since we would be meeting at the end of my work day, I would still be in my work cloths and that I might be a little on the dirty side. No big deal right.

The day started out nice, I was cutting back some shrubs and a little weeding, stating clean. The homeowner came home and asked if I would move her azalea bush to the back yard. No problem.

So, I start digging around the base of the azalea. It was a pretty good size plant, so I had to make a 3 foot around root ball. I dig around and around, take the pry bar break the plant loose. Getting a little dirtier, but not too bad, for me. Get the plant up out of the hole, put it on a ball cart to move it.

I had already dug the hole it was going to, but I didn't realize the lady had left the hose on right where the azalea was going. I had to push it up a slight incline. As I was I slipped in the wet mud, first just my back side got a little muddy. Finally, get the azalea positioned to drop in, and I slipped again. This time just about my whole right side got covered in mud.

Well, it was getting close to the end of the day and I was determined to get this plant planted. So, I slopped around in the mud, plant the azalea, clean up the job site.

By now, I am pretty much covered in mud and running late for my coffee date. So, I clean up as best I could with an ice cold hose. I washed my face, my hands and my arms. The homeowners kids came home from school and declared I looked just like a giant earth worm.

So, I head over to the coffee shop to meet this guy, when I get there he is in the parking lot waiting next to a very nice Mercedes. He takes one look at me, mouth open, recovers and tells me he can't stay for coffee. he has since deleted his profile. Oh, the affect I have on men.....

9/29/2008 4:20:37 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  
indoubt
Over 2,000 Posts (2,647)
Beaumont, CA

OMG what a jerk.

9/29/2008 5:05:17 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

znorth
Over 1,000 Posts (1,611)
Rockford, MI

Sounds like he already has a girlfriend... His stupid car...

9/29/2008 6:54:29 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

deedee22801
Harrisonburg, VA

You know what they say about guys who drive expensive cars

10/1/2008 3:54:48 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

marieks85
Lincoln, NE

Im thinking he was just too intimidated by your beauty...you were too good for him anyways

10/1/2008 6:48:10 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  
suzanne53
Salisbury, NC

If a guy showed up covered in mud. I'd leave too. If you can't take the time to clean up for a first date, what are u going to do on the next one, come covered in manure.

10/2/2008 5:01:43 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

liatris
Over 2,000 Posts (3,308)
Fairfield, CT

Only those of us who work or have worked as a blue collar worker can really understand. He knew I was showing up immediately after work.

Let's say your are meeting someone who works on roofs, he tells you he can meet you after work and that day he is putting tar on a flat roof. He slips in the tar and covers himself in tar. Would you rather him be a no show?

10/3/2008 4:36:26 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

chucky_t
Over 1,000 Posts (1,888)
Akron, IN

I think I would have gone in and got the coffee and brought it back outside. I am sure they would not want you sitting in their seats...LOL

We would just sit at the curb and you can explain to me about your day...LOL

10/4/2008 7:14:40 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  
refinedprincess
Westland, MI

Instead of meeting him straight after work you knowing you have a job where you get dirty, you should picked a more convienent time so you could clean up. The first impression or even first few is the lasting impression especially with internet dating.

I'm sorry but I would run too and I've had a situation similar but it was the guy
who was dirty. I did not meet him online though. He called me asked me out said he was dirty though from work. After seeing how dirty he was I didn't want him to even sit on my furniture or go out anywhere with him. Ew! Never again!

10/4/2008 7:44:43 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

redwine1230
Davisburg, MI

wow if you explained what was happening,,,hummm guess i'm not the only one meeting jerks

10/4/2008 8:51:59 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

liatris
Over 2,000 Posts (3,308)
Fairfield, CT

My luck at dating is just comical.

A few years ago I went out on a date with the CFO of one of the companies I do business with. For two years prior to our date, everytime I stopped by the business he would come out of his office and flirt with, it didn't matter if I was covered in mud or in my bright yellow rain gear. Finally after two years he asks me out.
The date is dinner at a local restaurant in July. Yes, I take the time to clean up, put on a dress and a little makeup.
I meet him in front of the restaurant, he takes one look at me ans says "Oh, your wearing a dress"
We go wait in the bar for our table to be ready, as we're talking, he says "I can't believe you're wearing makeup"
I ask him what his problem is, I mean this is a date. He tells me he liked the fact that when he saw before I was kinda plain
He gets up to leave, hands me $50, tells me to have dinner on him.
Well, I bought the whole bar a round, had dinner with a couple of college kids that had a good laugh over the whole thing, than got home in time to put my kids to sleep.
Now when ever I go to this business he shuts his door.

10/7/2008 7:37:15 AM Would you leave or would you stay?  
limited1963
Charlotte, IA

then I'd stay and ask you about your day because I'd know there had to be a good story!

10/8/2008 9:38:04 AM Would you leave or would you stay?  

redjulie65
Over 1,000 Posts (1,015)
Beloit, WI

maybe not coffee but talk to you and maybe set something else up maybe were you could have time to go home and get cleaned up
but i must say must have looked pretty funny coverin all that mud

1/11/2009 3:39:33 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  
spider_man5
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,210)
Westfield, MA

cant judge a book by its cover its what inside that counts people are superficial and need pics......

1/11/2009 9:08:56 PM Would you leave or would you stay?  

piscesbabe
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,449)
New Fairfield, CT

if the guy had any sense of humor at all he could have taken one look at you and said "rough day ?" and you guys could have laughed about it and still enjoyed the coffee.
It would have made a great story to retell too, hey, remember the first time I met you and you looked like one of the mud people from Woodstock?

Sometimes life throws us curve balls, if the guy can't roll with it, his loss.
Best of luck to you hon.