Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonals listcrawler

Show up on time, dress effectively, and have some initial date questions prepared, so the conversation flows. dating sites boston area Qualtrics Explore the list of options that QuestionPro has compared to Qualtrics and discover how you can get much more, for much less. If you can assume of another superior question for this list, please add it. raunchy good morning memes The issue is, most singles rule so quite a few people today out for no very good reason, says Trombetti.

casual sex hookup

Following three months of Skyping, Mikka flew to Portland to meet Ben Murphy. single ladies in surrey bc Wouldn t you like to know how it s like to reside in ancient times? And how fantastic would it be if you have been with Leonardo Da Vinci when he painted Mona Lisa? Aside from our households, our good friends know us greatest. This query scores a ten/ten if you are looking for some entertainment. omegle teen gifs And websites could be compelled to confront the darker side of their industry, and deliver additional robust armor against it.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/24/2009 9:53:50 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Friends Comments

Spicecomments.com - Friends Comments

Just wondering, with all the peoples alone in Alberta, that we don't like to get to know each other.

Is it because we are just too busy?

Is it because we are Canadians, and we are just made that way?

Are we too shy to reach out and touch someone?

Are we afraid of rejection and don't want to be rejected again and again?

How about just being freinds, without the added stress of looking for that partner that this site is all about?

Anybody got any ideas??????

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/24/2009 11:29:39 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

wisediva
Morinville, AB
56, joined Mar. 2008

I think the trick might be to just start posting about anything that interests you & see if there are others with the same or similar interests. I know I am just wanting to connect with people in general & it is difficult when you've had your world turned upside down, to be open to many new things.

I myself made a choice that I needed to risk being hurt again & had to get out & live my life a new way instead of life controlling me. It's been worth the risk & has worked out well for me

I will take the risk & post about some topics that interest me, hopefully others will as well. This forum could be about more than just dating I hope. I came to make friends & have connected with a few, not as much as I would like though as I live in a small town & don't drive. So on-line is where I hang out. I have belonged to other sites that I have friends that I've had for yrs. All because we happened upon a similar interest.

So lets post...

1/24/2009 1:38:35 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Whooo Hoooo, there is life out there.....Hi, Wise.....Yeah, it is hard to have a conversation with yourself, isn't it LOL.

Most of my cruising is in the 50's and 60's, don't respond much too them, except for the ones who make sense. LOL. And 99% of them are the USA. Makes me think nobody lives in Canada. LOL.

I am going to start a few threads in Alberta chat just to see what interests there are. See you out there.

Karla

2/6/2009 6:18:01 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

I would love someone to talk with!

Here I am stuck up in Northern Alberta and wondering where anybody is?

What to speak about????? brrrrr

Sierra

2/7/2009 8:37:07 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Good morning Sierra, it is nice to see you here.

Good morning to all the rest of you

Sierra, you aren't that far up north, I can still see you on the map LOL. Even though I am having trouble seeing.

I have an infection in my left eye that is giving me trouble. Have any of you ever heard of "Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy" also know as "Cogan's Dystrophy". Well, about a year ago I had the misfortune of shoving the arm of my glasses into my left eye. YES, it hurt, LOTS, but it did clear up. But I guess I did some damage in there when I did. Now, I have to learn "NOT TO RUB MY EYE". The doctor likened it to a pickled onion, you know that thin skin that peals off easily and if that skin is slit, it peals off even more easily. Well, on an eyeball that thin skin is the outer layer of the cornea and if cut can also move easily, which rubbing the eye will do. I just have to learn that when I have an eye irritation to just push against it do not rub it. Or use eye drops to relieve the irritation. Sometimes I wonder if I do rub my eyes in my sleep, because I will wake up in the am with a bright red eye, weeping eye and sore as the d*ckens. Then I know I have to go see the doc.

So, how is it in your part of the world, are you waiting in anticipation for Spring, like I am. I can't wait for the snow to go. I was told that Medicine Hat is having an exceptional winter for snow this year.....and that what we have had this year is not the norm. I sometimes feel that I could have stayed in Saskatchewan or Manitoba and got better weather. I just moved here at the end of September last year and expected better from what I had heard about this part of Alberta.

ALL WINTER HATERS UNITE.......LET'S ALL BECOME SNOWBIRDS.....YEAH

2/7/2009 9:41:09 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

First of all, I wish I could see what you wrote as I reply. I have a good memory. Just really short.

I do mostly seasonal work. Winter is my busiest time as the muskeg has frozen over so we can move about in our vehicles. I am finding the job situation slowing down and last year I bought a house so now I am panicking.

Right now during my days off, my mind really wants me to finish up my bedroom. It's just been painted. The cheap MDF baseboards and window frame must be replaced and paint touch ups here and there, and the wall recepticles replaced. The trouble is I had the flu while away and it keeps knocking me to my knees so all I want to do is lay down or sleep. I must push myself.

As for the Snowbird thing. Wouldn't that be nice.... (let the mind drift off to some place WARM)... Will we EVER thaw out? I am in a state of coldness all the time it seems.

Any hobbies? crafty kind of person?

Sierra

2/8/2009 12:32:25 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Well, a day later and no one else has added.

I guess we don't talk 'cause no body comes to this page.

Have a great day.

Sierra

2/8/2009 7:47:12 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from sierratoo:
Well, a day later and no one else has added.
I guess we don't talk 'cause no body comes to this page.
Sierra

That is funny and probably very accurate! Couple of comments: I think Medicine Hat has the most sunlight hours in all of Alberta, if I recall correctly.

As for meeting people, I have met a few women on here, not too many men.....that's ok, but was still hopin' to find a man!

If you could spend winters in a warm place, where you go - if there were none of the usual impracticalities, like no money!

I would like to try Italy, Barbados, northern Australia, Brazil. Well, that accounts for the first 4 years!

2/8/2009 8:54:22 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

I heard that too about Medicine Hat when I first moved here last fall. BUT, I also heard that the winters here were mild, not like it has been this year. This reminds me of Manitoba and Saskatchewan LOL.

Anywhere warm for the winter is where I would like to be......Hey Forest, let's pack up and to to the Riviera for the rest of the cold season, then we can go to Norway or Sweden for the summer. Anybody else want to come along?

I'll start selling my paintings LOL. That should bring in bus fare to the airport LOL.

2/8/2009 9:34:27 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

Riviera sounds good to me! And I'll get a 'real' job, and that will be bus fare home from the airport.
Now we just have the "inbetween costs" to worry about - airfare, hotel, food.....

Seriously, there are some senior hostels around the world now; I should look in to those.

We should try for two weeks next winter - anyone game?

2/9/2009 6:07:56 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
2bluiz
Calgary, AB
66, joined Feb. 2008

I'd never thought of going to the Riviera for a holiday but I'm long past being due for a vacation. Count me in, girls. (What a shame it'll only be in my dreams, tho'.)

2/9/2009 8:36:18 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

I'd be content to stay in America. As long as it's warm. Arizona, maybe?
Sierra

2/10/2009 7:52:21 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

With my luck and finances, I'll probably land up in Drummonville for an overnight stay LOL

2/10/2009 8:30:30 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

So is this eye irritation "the rip" going to heal?
Have you seen those gel masks that go over the eyes? You put them in the freezer then lay it over your eyes to cool them. The one I have has a strap so you can fasten it to your head. Maybe that would protect your icky eyes. Sure hope this can be cured....

Sierra

2/11/2009 7:22:10 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Thanks for asking Sierra......No it will always be there, something I will have to be mindful of for the rest of my years. I just have to remember to NOT RUB MY EYES. Because if I do, the result is this red ugly eye that hurts and affects my vision.

No, I haven't tried that mask, I have seen them in superstore. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind, the next time I have a flareup.

Have a great day.

2/11/2009 8:10:05 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
sueinab
Leduc, AB
57, joined Jul. 2008

Good Morning Girls!

I just started checking out the groups on here. Since I am an Alberta girl thought I would stop in and say hello. I think having friends (male or female) to do things with is perhaps more important than trying to find someone to date. Seems like it should be easier to do, anyways. I don't have my profile visible right now. I am revamping it but haven't had time to work on it. I will post more about me later... need to get ready for work right now. Everyone have a great day! Suzanne

2/11/2009 1:19:44 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Good Morning Sue......and thanks for dropping by.

And Good Morning to the rest of you too !!!!!!

How is everybody's day going?

2/11/2009 1:37:18 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Just finished shampooing my carpets. the rooms were not emptied so I had to do that then shampoo. Did a bit, rested a lot and did a bit more. Took me two days but now all is nice and clean. My ex-roommate left her cat's puke on the carpet with the rude comment of it wasnt her carpet... and that, unfortunately had left a stain. What an ordeal. I sure do not have the energy any more to do manual labour. Where are the cute young guys to help?
Oh well now to put it all together and unpack my stuff.

Damn about that eye being a forever thing.

You mentioned something about finding a partner.... I did. CES50. At the first flavour of a sexual content he jumped all over it and starting being rude about it all. "tell me in detail what you would do to your man when you have been away for days". He also bragged about eating my share of the smorgasbords he likes to eat at. At first I thought he was the one. As time passed, he turned out to be a perv. Too bad. I'm a good catch!

Make it a great day and do something worth writing in your journal about!

2/11/2009 3:13:09 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
2bluiz
Calgary, AB
66, joined Feb. 2008

What a sad turn of events for you, Sierra. Makes me wonder if there are any good ones out there. I thought I had met someone on a different site & had a couple of very enjoyable outings with him. Then I wittled down my 'Friends' list to just family & a couple others. Since I had regular phone, IM, & e-mail contact with him, I deleted him from my list. Wow! Did he show his true colours then! Who says that you can't be friends if you're not a FB 'friend'? MEN!!!!

I've been neglecting AB Chat for awhile but just became visible again. It's so nice to see that while I was taking a break, Sierra & Suzanne have joined in as well as more from other areas of our fair province. Howdy to each & every one!

[Edited 2/11/2009 3:24:17 PM ]

2/11/2009 4:49:40 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

I agree, it's good to see some more faces here, BUT.....where are the men?????

I'm sorry you girls had some bad experiences, and it is all a learning experience, isn't it? Isn't it? Help me out here girls.

2/11/2009 10:59:15 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

wisediva
Morinville, AB
56, joined Mar. 2008

Don't give up ladies, Yes there are a few gems out there...Too bad we have to wade through the gravel in order to find them. In the mean time enjoy the search & enjoy good friends along the way.

I know what you mean, I had some experiences on some other sites, never got up the nerve to actually meet with anyone I met on-line though. I'm not that brave. Took all I had to try the speed dating thing, but so glad I did. My fella is wonderful & we have been together now for 6 months. I had quite given up & never dreamed I would meet someone that way. So as I said, don't give up.

2/12/2009 12:44:53 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Wisediva,
you met your guy on speed dating? mmmm another possible way to meet guys.

I suppose if we say it enough, then wading thru the jerks to find the less jerky (jem) and gaining 'experience' along the way, then how come my prince hasnt come along? For me, it's the married guys who say things like 'you're cute. If I were single....' Yea, if he was single he'd be looking elsewhere.

2/12/2009 3:41:40 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

cowboyintown
Edmonton, AB
50, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from sierratoo:
Wisediva,
you met your guy on speed dating? mmmm another possible way to meet guys.

I suppose if we say it enough, then wading thru the jerks to find the less jerky (jem) and gaining 'experience' along the way, then how come my prince hasnt come along? For me, it's the married guys who say things like 'you're cute. If I were single....' Yea, if he was single he'd be looking elsewhere.

______________________________________________________________________________________

NOW that's not true Darlin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was single,you and I exchanged a few E-mails.

And I do believe I said you were a EVERY beautiful looking LADY

Now I don't know if it was my age,looks or just me,but that is as far as it went.

Why I don't know, But now that I'm taken I will still say you are a beautiful looking LADY

R.F.

Ooooh Yaaa on topic I think that we don't talk in here because not enough people visit this site to keep it exciting but what do I know

2/12/2009 7:50:13 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Welcome Cowboy!!!!! And Good Morning to you. It is nice to talk to the gendre from which we seek feedback, and you are in the right country LOL.

I get winks and emails from the USA a lot, but not from Canada, let alone Alberta.

Do you have any older brothers, uncles, freinds

2/12/2009 8:11:43 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
sueinab
Leduc, AB
57, joined Jul. 2008

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the welcome! Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I am off to Calgary tomorrow for some R&R. I get together with my cousin about once a month either at her place or mine. We like to do crafty things like make art dolls, or whatever. This weekend we are sewing camels. We have had the pattern for a while and you can decorated him as much as you like. Then I will take him into work and he can sit in my office and keep me company at work.
I have met a few guys online then met them in person. I have found quite a few of them just want to be friends with benefits. For whatever reason they don't want to put forth the effort of dating or a relationship. But I have heard some horror stories of peoples relationships so I guess you can't blame them. But then I think... what if you met someone special... do you really want to share them with everyone else?? I did meet one guy who was great... unfortunately it was the not the right time for me. I think I jumped into dating too quickly after losing my husband. Oh well, I guess experience is lifes teacher. I like the idea of just hanging out here.... I have met great people online that have turned into good friends.
Well, at this rate I am going to be late for work. Everyone... be good (or very very bad) and have a good time. Suzanne

2/12/2009 10:22:13 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Well, thank you Cowboy! I sure needed an ego boosting today. Feeling rather lonely up here. I dont know why we didnt continue chatting, you and I. Seemed we both had a couple of 'patch' stories to share. Age does not matter to me. Dang. another guy got thru my fingers! Hey keep in touch. maybe some day where you're not taken.... It would be nice to just have a guy friend to chat with. you know where I am!

Hey thanks for being in here.
Sierra

2/13/2009 7:26:19 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Good Morning all!!!!!! It is nice to see this thread moving along.

It is Friday the 13th, BUT tomorrow is valentines day. I hope all of you have somebody to love.

2/15/2009 9:45:10 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

hello all.
iamaperson, why did you move from Sask to Medicine Hat? Where in Sask did you move from? I want to get out of Alberta some how.

Don't know where to go yet.

Sierra

2/17/2009 6:13:56 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Hi Sierra, just got back from a whirlwind trip to Manitoba, I was gone since Saturday so I am just getting around to answering your question.

I moved to Medicine Hat from Saskatoon to be closer to my youngest brother and my neice. He is a single Dad who has sole custody of his 14 year old daughter and needs some help with the female side of things in raising a teenager. And for both of us to have family closer instead of soo far apart.

Just having a problem getting a good job here but I will persevere.

2/17/2009 7:20:54 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Iamaperson,
what are you trained to do? You might want to find a night-time job to keep the wolf away so you can look during the day.... Am I doing that? No.

I am always curious to find out why people move to where they do. I want to get out of Alberta. Don't know whether to go east or west. Someone has baited me with real estate listings of acreages in Saskatchewan only I would have to have her move in so my place would be cared for while I am away.

Cheers and such
Sierra

2/18/2009 11:07:12 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

I have lots of ideas, but have obligations yet to my family.

Prince Rupert - going to be developed as a major port for ships from China, which probably means it will become expensive, and as yet is not.

B.C. has many nice places & better social policies.

Saskatchewan - still reasonably priced country property, not sure where the jobs are though, although somewhere in northern Sask they are just starting to drill, so may be opportunities in that area. Sorry can't remember where.

You are a free woman Sierra, save for your house. If you had no incumberances, such as needing to work, or expense, what would your ideal surrounding be? How far would you be from a city or town? What kind of weather would there be.

2/25/2009 9:32:06 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

You are a free woman Sierra, save for your house. If you had no incumberances, such as needing to work, or expense, what would your ideal surrounding be? How far would you be from a city or town? What kind of weather would there be.

My ideal surroundings: an acreage, an area of the world that is not always gale-force windy! Winter will be Winter. My summers to be more than 2 freekin' weeks long!!! and some place that I can lay down a garden... Far enough from town so that in 2 years, the town is not licking at the edges of my property. Yet close enough if I need that gizmo I can go get it without it being an all-day event.

I do not like living in Greedy Prairie. They build everything cheap and sell it for big profit. The houses here are not Tyvek wrapped. And with that gastly wind it's impossible to keep the house warmed.

[Edited 2/25/2009 9:34:49 AM ]

2/25/2009 11:22:39 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

where is every one???
Are you out there?

2/26/2009 8:12:59 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
2bluiz
Calgary, AB
66, joined Feb. 2008

G'evening, Sierra. Feel like you're talking to yourself when no one writes but you? I learned quite a while ago that that it's next to impossible to make Alberta Chat into a lively Group. Forestrose was the only other one who was active for so long. At least now there seems to be a handful who are active. But why is it that it only seems to be the women?

2/26/2009 11:02:04 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

wisediva
Morinville, AB
56, joined Mar. 2008

OMG...I love that caption!!!

I totally feel like that some days...

I'll share my favorite....

2/27/2009 9:48:45 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

I totally love both of those cartoons, thanks ladies!

Well, I missed the lottery so far, and now I am trying to manifest as per The Secret.

I can't muster any more working toward what I want than that.

2/27/2009 6:53:00 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Hey, I got the "Secret" for xmas. So far it hasn't worked but I haven't read it all the way thru yet.

2/27/2009 11:22:56 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Got the DVD and the CDs also. They are a good listen. We won't talk about the DVD tho....
The Secret does have some truths to it and they are basically making a fortune on what people already know...

2/27/2009 11:29:25 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Forestrose,
I was looking at the map today and saw a place called CLIMAX in Saskatchewan. I want to move There!!! pleeeease?
Then when I am on my way home I can say I'm going to.... well I'm sure you catch the drift.

2/27/2009 11:30:59 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Something to put a smile on your soul for a wee bit...

WHY YOU CAN'T TAKE A MAN SHOPPING!
Proof of what can happen if a wife or girlfriend drags her husband or boyfriend along shopping. This letter was recently sent by Tesco's Head office to a customer in Oxford:
Dear Mrs. Murray,
While we thank you for your valued custom and use of the Tesco Loyalty Card, the Manager of our store in Banbury is considering banning you and your family from shopping with us, unless your husband stops his antics.
Below is a list of offences over the past few months all verified by our surveillance cameras:
1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's trolleys when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to feminine products aisle.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, "Code 3" in housewares..... and watched what happened.
5. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
6. September 15: Set up a tent in the outdoor clothing department and told shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring sausages and a Calor gas stove.
7. September 23: When the Deputy Manager asked if she could help him, he began to cry and asked, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"
8. October 4: Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, picked his nose, and ate it.
9. November 10: While appearing to be choosing kitchen knives in the Housewares aisle asked an assistant if he knew where the antidepressants were.
10. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously, loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.
11. December 6: In the kitchenware aisle, practised the "Madonna look" using different size funnels.
12. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed, yelled "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"
13. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, assumed the foetal position and screamed "NO! NO! It's those voices again."
And; last, but not least:
14. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while; then yelled, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here."

2/27/2009 11:33:27 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from sierratoo:
Forestrose,
I was looking at the map today and saw a place called CLIMAX in Saskatchewan. I want to move There!!! pleeeease?
Then when I am on my way home I can say I'm going to.... well I'm sure you catch the drift.

(I guess it isn't necessary to quote, as a day passes by before someone posts in between! )

Well, that is CERTAINLY quite the conversation starter anywhere! One surely could have fun with that one:

"Come on over to Climax." "Drive me to Climax". "I'm going down the road to Climax".

yes, I get your drift! Thanks for the humor.

2/27/2009 11:37:47 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

BIG smiles on this side of the fence!

2/28/2009 9:08:16 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

HEY IT'S SATURDAY AND NO ONE CAN DRAG THEMSELVES TO THE PC TO TYPE IN SOMETHING WHILE SUCKING ON THEIR MORNING COFFEE??????????

tAKE care or I will go to CLIMAX!!

3/1/2009 2:42:46 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
2bluiz
Calgary, AB
66, joined Feb. 2008

Hi, y'all! And so here we are at the start of a new month & another 3 wks 'til the end of Winter, according to the calendar. Mind you, how much credence does Mother Nature give to the calendar in Alberta? Figure this will happen a at least a couple more times before June.

3/1/2009 5:13:23 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

wisediva
Morinville, AB
56, joined Mar. 2008

WOW 7 new posts in 1 day....Can we handle it!!

3/1/2009 6:27:44 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

FINE.
So I have 2 kitties right now and am looking after them until their master (mistress???) returns once she is settled in Victoria. One of them is acting really skittishly and reminds me of my cat... So I told their owner the story. And she broke down crying saying that she would indeed be back for them and they are spoiled not abused.

Now I am in the process of cat proofing my house.
That's what I am doing today.
Oh yea, this guy and I were to meet in a coffee shop. He knew what I would look like but I do not know what he looks like... Well, he didn't show. Q'uelle surprise.

3/1/2009 7:42:21 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from sierratoo:

tAKE care or I will go to CLIMAX!!

I having a feeling THIS one is going to pop up a lot.....not going to die quickly - just tooooo much fun!

Yes, 2bluiz, it looked so positive with the weekend warming up. Now cold again by tuesday I think?
(sorry I missed you on line today, someone at the door, had to leave, so couldn't even say Hi)

3/2/2009 7:29:41 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Good Morning Ladies, I moved over the weekend so wasn't on line.

It seems we are chatting up a storm here LOL

Have a great week everyone

3/2/2009 8:06:17 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Iam...
Now you're all unpacked, the pics hung and it's looking like you lived there forever, of course.
Hope you're comfy in your new place.

3/2/2009 12:34:23 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
2bluiz
Calgary, AB
66, joined Feb. 2008

Hey, 'Rose! ... love your new profile picture! Colourful! Like I said last Wed., everyone should wear lots more colour in winter to cheer things up.

Iam .... did you just move within the Hat? Hope the move went well & you can unpack at a relaxed pace.

Sierra .... I wonder which is easier .... cat proofing or man proofing your house?

[Edited 3/2/2009 12:42:21 PM ]

3/2/2009 11:10:34 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Cat proofing is WAY easier.
Move whatever out of their sights and they forget about it.... hmmm that happens with guys also.
Well how about you can yell at the cat and it backs off........ hmmmm same with a guy.
And when one freshly waxes the floors, guess where the kitties want to be... OMG a guy also wants to walk all over the $%^&* floors.

I got it! Cats don't talk back. Yea, and if they do you can just take your foot and push them out of the way.
Yea, cat proofing is easier.
I think.
Well, maybe.

What's it like to have a guy around?

3/27/2009 9:32:20 AM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

...Ya, so how come we DON'T talk?

3/29/2009 11:26:28 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Hi, Sierratoo, how's the purging going?????

3/29/2009 8:51:01 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from iamaperson:
Hi, Sierratoo, how's the purging going?????

Well, Iama, it's a pathetic site! If I knew how to upload pics I would show u that I have been busy but still a lot more to go!
I did take a bunch of stuff to the Sally Ann and had a tough time letting go of the bags...

I vow that it breeds overnight!

3/30/2009 9:12:24 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

Thanks 2bluiz, and I like your new picture as well! I did so well cleaning up my place that my friend came over and kept asking what was gone from my living room, and she didn't believe it was just the clutter! (well, and the steamer trunk, which did take up quite a bit of room - it's in the basement now). And one empty doll shelf.

I'll come back to this later, and if I have time, will upload a picture for Sierra of my 'spacious' living room.

3/30/2009 8:59:41 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

Well, is my face red!! I can't find the camera!! LOL

3/31/2009 6:59:16 AM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

Does that mean you cleaned so well that it's missing? Did you check the basement, maybe it is down there with the rest of the stuff. LOL

3/31/2009 9:39:13 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
forestrose
Over 2,000 Posts (2,168)
Calgary, AB
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from iamaperson:
Does that mean you cleaned so well that it's missing? Did you check the basement, maybe it is down there with the rest of the stuff. LOL

Have you been peeking in my basement windows? LOL WHEN do you sleep - I see you posted at 5 AM and then again just past 9:00 AM. Yikes!

I slept hours today, because last night I was feeling sick, so I took a Gravol for my stomach, an Advil for my pain, and I couldn't sleep. Still awake at 3 AM, up at 7 AM with the kid, then slept from 3 pm - 7 pm. I probably sabotaged tonight's sleep by doing this.

3/31/2009 11:04:38 PM So, how come we don't talk.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

That 9am was on the weekend, and yep I am up that early on weekdays. I need time to wakeup before I go to work, so I have my coffee and lurk in DH, LOL. I am out the door by 7:30am. Then, I am back on here when I get home again after 5pm. In fact, I will be off to dreamland right shortly, so I can do it again tomorrow, LOL.

Nope, wasn't me peeking in your windows. Must have been Tom, your next door neighbour, LOL.

4/20/2009 9:15:19 PM So, how come we don't talk.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from forestrose:
Thanks 2bluiz, and I like your new picture as well! I did so well cleaning up my place that my friend came over and kept asking what was gone from my living room, and she didn't believe it was just the clutter! (well, and the steamer trunk, which did take up quite a bit of room - it's in the basement now). And one empty doll shelf.

I'll come back to this later, and if I have time, will upload a picture for Sierra of my 'spacious' living room.

Forestrose's living room looks quite nice.
She does have some unique dolls and I am glad she keeps them out on display for people to enjoy - looking at that is!

Come on people. Let's keep this thread going. Even if it's just to give a weather report of your area for that day.
Did you find your camera, Forestrose?
Cheers and such.

[Edited 4/20/2009 9:17:21 PM ]