Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames con

I feel my core idea is that a important proportion EAs are sufficiently distinctive to the average non EA individual as to make dating outdoors EA hard . hattiesburg dating The 11 newspapers in the Blank Slate Media Litmor Publications Advertising Group supply expense successful target promoting of northern and central Nassau County. A web site created for these with HIV, HPV, herpes, and other sexually transmitted infections , Constructive Singles has been live since 2001. locanto hyderabad birds An on the net forum for girls designed to tackle misogyny and offer you dating suggestions has come under fire for echoing incel culture by scrutinising and ridiculing men.

mega profile dating site

Other dating groups on Facebook contain those for peoplewho are lately divorcedor for meetingother singles in their 50s, 60s and 70s. gainesville chat rooms I assume dating websites are seriously good due to the fact they give you a chance to believe rationally, to see a persons interests, to see if they are appropriate. Guy make it quite clear to girl that it just a transaction . how do you logout of zoosk To me, this man sounded like he was just desperate to be loved.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/14/2009 11:26:46 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

I am writing a story about the time that a not-yet named horse fell with my dad in a creek. At the end of the story, Dad is going to give the horse a name. A while back, when the story was still just in my head, I looked on the internet and found an on-line Lakota Dictionary. I found this word: "Aganihpaya" and the meaning of the word was "fell in the water with a big splash."

A couple of days ago, I went back to look up the word again to make sure that I have the spelling and the meaning of the word correct. I was also hoping to get the pronunciation of the word. But that dictionary is no longer available.

Anyway, do any of you happen to own or have access to a Lakota Dictionary? If so, could you look up the word for me and tell me the the spelling, pronunciation and meaning of the word.

OR... do you have suggestions as to how I could find this information myself???

OR... do you know of any good Lakota words that could be used for the name of a horse who flipped over in a creek and nearly killed a man?

Thanks,

Kathy

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/15/2009 2:48:25 AM Need help with a Lakota Word  

sdcentaur
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,679)
Sioux Falls, SD
57, joined Dec. 2007

I couldn't find an online translator either

OR... do you know of any good Lakota words that could be used for the name of a horse who flipped over in a creek and nearly killed a man?

I'd name it Alpo

3/15/2009 9:12:35 AM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

Quote from sdcentaur:

I'd name it Alpo

LMAO!! I'm sure that thought did cross my Dad's mind! However... won't work for the story... thanks, I think!

3/15/2009 9:13:38 AM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

I'm going to go to my local library to see if I can find a Lakota Dictionary... I have a feeling however, that here in Georgia, there won't be one to be found.... but it's worth a shot.

3/26/2009 10:26:11 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
hepkitty
Sioux Falls, SD
68, joined Jun. 2007

Have a Lakota dictionary-got at a library book sale--Ill see if I can find it-Peace

3/27/2009 11:29:16 AM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

Thank you! I haven't been able to find anything. I've been thinking about just naming the horse, "Splash" since I can't verify the Lakota word.

While you're looking, if it's easy to do so....can you see if you can find the Lakota word for "Splash?"

I may use the english word... or maybe the Lakota word... haven't decided yet.

3/28/2009 10:13:47 AM Need help with a Lakota Word  
hepkitty
Sioux Falls, SD
68, joined Jun. 2007

Kathy--I will look for that book today--Havent felt good for a few days--but today is the day so check back later--Ok? Peace

3/28/2009 1:09:21 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

Sounds good. Thanks!

4/9/2009 11:11:37 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

hepkitty... have you found he dictionary yet? Just wondering....

4/10/2009 9:17:42 AM Need help with a Lakota Word  

imrich29
Over 2,000 Posts (2,210)
Wessington Springs, SD
68, joined Aug. 2007

gee kathy thought u got snowed under havent seen u post for awhile

4/10/2009 5:32:46 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

LOL... nope just the one snow in early March that lasted a WHOLE day! I've been here, just haven't posted much... guess I don't have much to say lately.

Whatcha been up to? Did you get much snow last week in your area?

4/10/2009 8:32:28 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  

imrich29
Over 2,000 Posts (2,210)
Wessington Springs, SD
68, joined Aug. 2007

ya we had a ft of snow twice last wk and much needed too its almost gone and havent had any runoff yet

4/10/2009 9:36:05 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

I've heard that you're supposed to get more snow in April... hopefully you will, I know the farmers need it for their crops. My sister-in-law complains about it because my brother has to leave her and the boys in town while he stays at the ranch whenever the weather is bad... thus she is left to shovel her own snow! So, if it were up to her, there'd be no more snow! She knows that it's necessary for good crops though. I complained about it when I lived there too.

We had a really windy day here on Monday... said the gusts were up to 50mph, which is rare for GA. It was so cold that I stayed in the car while my kids were at ball practice... and they were dressed in layers! They forcasted snow for Tuesday, but we didn't get any. By Tues afternoon it was in the 70's and we were at the ballfields w/ out jackets that evening.

And so our thread doesn't get pulled for being off topic... I still need the meaning of that Lakota word!

4/19/2009 6:03:40 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
hepkitty
Sioux Falls, SD
68, joined Jun. 2007

Quote from kathy5311:
I am writing a story about the time that a not-yet named horse fell with my dad in a creek. At the end of the story, Dad is going to give the horse a name. A while back, when the story was still just in my head, I looked on the internet and found an on-line Lakota Dictionary. I found this word: "Aganihpaya" and the meaning of the word was "fell in the water with a big splash."

A couple of days ago, I went back to look up the word again to make sure that I have the spelling and the meaning of the word correct. I was also hoping to get the pronunciation of the word. But that dictionary is no longer available.

Anyway, do any of you happen to own or have access to a Lakota Dictionary? If so, could you look up the word for me and tell me the the spelling, pronunciation and meaning of the word.

OR... do you have suggestions as to how I could find this information myself???

Thanks,

Kathy

4/20/2009 10:19:00 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
hepkitty
Sioux Falls, SD
68, joined Jun. 2007

*HO-ko-DAH*(Hello Friend) I feel a little better tonight so lets give this a try again- HORSE: SHON-kah-wah-KON>>>>>> FLIPS:yu-P'SE-cha(or)yu-P'SEED>>>> OVER:e-WOM-kom>>>> IN:mah-HEAD>>>> CREEK:wok-PAH-nah>>>> NEAR:e-KE-YEH-NAH (or) DEH-chay-h'nah>>>> KILL:k'teh(or)KILLED:k'teh-PE>>>> MAN:we-CHOSE-tah>>> The emphasis on the syllables in each word is signified by the capitalization. In this Sioux Dictionary there are 4,000 words--and there are no ands or thes. So, I am going to say in Lakota: Horse flips over nearly killed man-> like this::: Shon-kah-wah-KON * yu-P'SE-cha *e-WOM-kom *mah-HEAD *wok-PAH-nah *e-KE-YEH-NAH *k'teh-PE *we-CHOSE-tah Ok got that??? There were a couple words with 2 variations so you can choose which. I feel quite lucky to have found the book(at a book sale at libray) and secondly to get to actually use it. This is the first book put out since 1967 on the Sioux language--and it is dated 1986 and supposedly at 4,000 words has far more than the 67 book did-- The language sadly is vanishing-- This and a whole lot of other cultural languages and belief systems across the planet. So glad to help you. yu-HA* ma-HEAD* e-CAH-DAH-KAH (KEEP IN TOUCH)

4/25/2009 8:06:54 PM Need help with a Lakota Word  
kathy5311
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Jackson, GA
49, joined Nov. 2007

Lord have mercy! Those are some long words! The word for "flip" (Yu-P'SE-cha) might work. Or I might just go w/ the english word "Splash" or "Flip." I really wanted the horse to have a Lakota name... in my story, Dad doesn't name him until AFTER he has flipped w/ him in the creek.

[Edited 4/25/2009 8:07:29 PM ]

4/26/2009 1:09:31 AM Need help with a Lakota Word  
hepkitty
Sioux Falls, SD
68, joined Jun. 2007

Kathy--think of a name for the horse and Ill look it up--Splash is m'ne-AH-geh'---pronounced like money-uh-gee with hard g--it isnt as complicated as it looks--but let me kno if there is anything else I can look up for you-Peace