Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonals

Issues have been fine at first, until we got to a single bar and she discovered out that the guy sitting next to us was there since he d gotten fired from his job. bozeman dating sites In her 2013 essay My Year on Match. I was with yet another colleague, but Byron said that he didn t thoughts speaking to him as effectively. san diego rubratings All as well generally we see guys and girls canceling plans at the last probable moment mainly because of nerves, laziness, or each.

mega personal lines

E mail addresses, photographs and information and facts might also be shared with third parties for promoting purposes on behalf of Oasis. black dating in atlanta ga The believed entered his thoughts that she s either remarkable or crazy, and he was ready to obtain out. We hit it off on the internet but, in particular person, he seemed good but disconnected. slovenian girl sex So how can you lower this threat of receiving the coronavirus and ending up on a negative date?

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/24/2007 12:15:31 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

slowhand1843
Orangeburg, SC
60, joined Aug. 2007

If your mate is terminaly ill for an extended period of time, is it ok to date?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/24/2007 12:17:04 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
stellablue
Over 2,000 Posts (2,836)
Saint Louis, MO
59, joined Sep. 2007

F**K NO!!!!

11/24/2007 12:18:26 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

thepkk
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,886)
Ash Grove, MO
62, joined Jun. 2007

Sorry because you are good looking, but I would hope my mate would stand by me for however long it took. I would be so hurt if he was dateing.

11/24/2007 12:21:33 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
stellablue
Over 2,000 Posts (2,836)
Saint Louis, MO
59, joined Sep. 2007

slowhand...how would you feel if YOU were slowly dieing?

Since she can't take care of your needs it's time to move on?

11/24/2007 12:22:11 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
chopperbabe
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,780)
Overland Park, KS
56, joined Feb. 2007

What happened to the vow ... til death do us part??? I'd probably die from a broken heart knowing that my so-called spouse was dating while I was still breathing

11/24/2007 12:23:26 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
libra75
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,242)
Garfield, AR
41, joined Jun. 2007

NO!

11/24/2007 12:25:53 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
nonickname49
Belchertown, MA
67, joined Jun. 2007

true complete love is giving greater than oneself...for me
love is til death do us part....but its not for me to judge
you need to look deep within yourself...and make the judgement
call...not seek it from others jmho

11/24/2007 12:26:23 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
stellablue
Over 2,000 Posts (2,836)
Saint Louis, MO
59, joined Sep. 2007

You started this, where are ya? Give your best shot...

11/24/2007 12:27:00 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

slowhand1843
Orangeburg, SC
60, joined Aug. 2007

I understand and respect both of your responces, but I am a fairly young man who has been dealing with this almost 3 years. I have never dated since she has been ill, but am thinking I need more emotions than just sitting here watching her decline. Life can be so empty when there is no outside life. I am actually sorry I posted this. It should have remained within me to deal with.

I would wish this on no one.

I hope you both can understand

11/24/2007 12:28:05 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
firestarter1966
Over 1,000 Posts (1,626)
Bellingham, WA
50, joined Nov. 2007

No it`s not okay.

11/24/2007 12:34:36 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
rnbean04
Suisun City, CA
40, joined Nov. 2007

are you dating for sex or companionship? cuz having female friends would be okay. i mean I'm a nurse and I see how sometimes that person is not really even in there anymore, just b/c their body is still functioning, just barely. I think if I were in ur shoes I would want some companionship but sex would be the last thing on my mind for sure. some one to talk to about feelings about what ur dealing with though is almost needed.

11/24/2007 12:36:18 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
stellablue
Over 2,000 Posts (2,836)
Saint Louis, MO
59, joined Sep. 2007

mbean...I agree. Dating doesn't sound like he's looking for conversation to me.

11/24/2007 12:36:51 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
chopperbabe
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,780)
Overland Park, KS
56, joined Feb. 2007

Get a divorce. I certainly wouldn't want a man around who is already on the prowl.

11/24/2007 12:39:09 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
stellablue
Over 2,000 Posts (2,836)
Saint Louis, MO
59, joined Sep. 2007

Now ya went and made me feel bad....

I just don't see how dating is going to make you feel better. The companionship on here will help.

11/24/2007 12:58:55 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
yankeeluvspeach
Athens, GA
38, joined Aug. 2007

what does your mate say about it? Talk to her about it. Too often we avoid talking about things because we think it will be awkward or painful. Nothing is more painful than silence.

11/24/2007 1:03:34 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
huskertomboy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,166)
Saugatuck, MI
60, joined Jun. 2007

That is so wrong. Vows babe. For better or worse. I would stand and hold my mans hand..change his diaper..kiss his forehead...hold his hand. Loyalty......hold him till the end.

11/24/2007 1:03:57 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
sphere74
Ellijay, GA
42, joined Nov. 2007

i don't think that would be a good idea,if you need support there a lot of great people in here and may be in your area that could come and visit you,i my self would be crushed if i was in her shoes,that was brave of you to ask i admire that, keep the faith in the one you love who knows,you may be in her shoes one day,imagination can go a long way.

[Edited 11/24/2007 1:14:36 AM ]

11/24/2007 1:08:02 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

slowhand1843
Orangeburg, SC
60, joined Aug. 2007

She understands I need to get out some. I was riding my bike ever other saturday, or on pker runs, but its getting to cold now. She has slept for mos of the last 4 days. Our "friends" don't visit much anymore. Its just uncomfortable for them to come by. If I call the first question is how is she doing? Thats the question no one wants to hear the answer to, they only ask out of respect.

I probubly dhould have chosen a better word than date, besides does any one in here really date?. Companionship, or just having someone to unload on is what I need. I can't leave the house for an extended period of time anymore. I guess maybe just looking for someone to understand.

11/24/2007 1:09:37 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
huskertomboy
Saugatuck, MI
60, joined Jun. 2007

It was brave to put yourself out there like that. But a commitment is just that. Be true and long suffering for her. She will know. You would want no less from her if the posistion was refersed. At least be discreet.

11/24/2007 1:14:23 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
huskertomboy
Saugatuck, MI
60, joined Jun. 2007

I lost a husband to cancer...tough times. It was a long drawn out suffering. But... I was there holding his hand when he took his last breath and he knew that I was loyal. Saw that look in his eyes. Made his going easier. Again...loyalty...pardon my potty mouth, but f**k your friends.

11/24/2007 1:25:25 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

pwin_here_n_now
Over 2,000 Posts (3,624)
Lemon Grove, CA
47, joined Oct. 2007

You need to find group counseling... A place where other people are going through the same thing... you need support - Not A Date! There should be many groups in you area. Look into it!

And god bless you and your wife.

Just let him in.

P.Win

Peace

11/24/2007 1:25:47 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
carolinabrat
Summerville, SC
65, joined Nov. 2007

I in no way see that he is looking to void his vows or looking for a replacement. Being a caretaker is something that strips you of you. Everything is for the one you are caring for. We all need an out. I'm not saying that he wants to go and and get laid, but during my down times, I would give just about anything to have someone just sit across a table from me and share a cup of coffee. I don't care if all we talk about it the weather. I truly believe it helps make you better for the person you are caring for also. I believe with all my heart that the last thing his wife wants is for him to die with her. Slow, do you get any help of any kind? You know how to reach me anytime you need to talk.

11/24/2007 1:31:52 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
dragonflii
Renton, WA
51, joined Oct. 2007

well speaking as a nurse for many years I totally understand how lonely and sad this time must be...I think the dating this is NO GO but finding someone to vent to and talk to about the process that you are going through is ok and NEEDED actually we all need someone to talk to,someone who will listen to all your frustrations and grieving that you are going through...please dont start dating yet though you will only regret it after she has gone thinking you should have waited.. good luck and GOD BLESS

11/24/2007 1:37:31 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

ylekiot
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,984)
Minden, NV
60, joined Sep. 2007

I think it is easy for us who have not been in that situation to proclaim how wrong that would be. Having known a couple of people who have gone through that, I can understand the loneliness and lack of companionship which must accompany that. That being said, I still think the right thing to do is to resist the urge to fill that void until things are 'settled". A couple of people mentioned that the ill person would know, and that in and of itself would be the motivation for me to reist outside opposite sex companionship. I would hate to be in the position of being questioned by a dying spouse as to my monogamy. Hope things work out for you buddy.

11/24/2007 1:49:15 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
malicai
Edmonton, AB
42, joined Oct. 2007

wow..whats wrong with you.

No, it's not. Wait till she's in the ground at least, show THAT much respect. Or show your true colors and divorce/break up with her now. Might as well hurt her and help her along, eh?

Sheesh, WHY do people look for any excuse to cheat? What happened to being loyal?

Edit: If you want more companionship, it prob doesn't matter if it's male or female, just host a weekly event at your house. A poker party, movie night, etc. Something to 'do' for your guests.

[Edited 11/24/2007 1:52:43 AM ]

11/24/2007 6:26:49 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
sebzalive1
Leesburg, AL
88, joined Nov. 2007

I also would wish what you are going through to no one. It is a sad and drainng time. Call frieds if you need a sese of normal for a while. It is not a time to be daing. It is time to be with the one who chose to be with you through life.

JMV

11/24/2007 6:48:15 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
klassykitten
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,302)
Toccoa, GA
59, joined Jul. 2007

Slow...I hope you don't let our opinions chase you off...I know how you feel but if you come here and talk with us then we can probably help you through this painful time in your life. And maybe help you not make a mistake you would have to live with forever. We are here when ever you need to talk and about whatever the subject. You can bet someone in these forums has been there and done it no matter what it is....

11/24/2007 6:54:01 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
ironhide
Over 1,000 Posts (1,927)
Unity, ME
45, joined Mar. 2007

Well said klassy!!!!!

11/24/2007 7:06:57 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
leila123
Over 1,000 Posts (1,683)
Liberty Hill, TX
69, joined Jul. 2007

Actually, Slowhand, your profile says it all. I didn't see any mention of dating or what things you might be looking for in a woman to date.. that sort of thing. You were honest about being married, your wife's illness and that you would welcome anyone wishing to communicate as a friend.

Perhaps your choice of words in this thread didn't accurately reflect your true intent.
I hope for your wife's sake that her passing doesn't continue to be prolonged. I join with some of the others and encourage you to stay true to her. Both of you will be in my prayers.

Leila

11/24/2007 7:23:22 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
sebzalive1
Leesburg, AL
88, joined Nov. 2007

Your question was a fair one and I admit, I didn't read your profile before posting. There is nothing wrong in questioning that. Acting on it though, would only bring happiness for the moment.

Personally, while I think it is important to have contact with the outside world when you are the caregiver, it is not the time for dating.

11/24/2007 8:08:57 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
lynn456
Over 1,000 Posts (1,651)
Martinsburg, WV
48, joined Nov. 2007

stay commited to the end,if you need relief buy a pocket p*ssy.

11/24/2007 8:26:22 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
exfirefighter
Inverness, FL
65, joined May. 2007

slow thats the most disgusting form of cheating! Anyone that cheated on a terminally ill partner is a scumbag! Did you really have to ask a stupid question like that? Slow remain faithful to her and youll feel better in the long run. I wish you well.

[Edited 11/24/2007 8:31:20 AM ]

11/24/2007 9:08:32 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
lovemekay
Flint, MI
29, joined Oct. 2007

I don't feel that its ok. I think that you should make her time left the best it can be...besides, I don't know her situation but people who have been insanely ill get better...weirder things have happened. Life is an amazing thing but she needs you no matter how sick she is.I wish you all the best in your choice because in the end it is your choice and no one elses.

*kay*

11/24/2007 9:26:27 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
iamddoubleu
Fayetteville, NC
60, joined Nov. 2007

I am new here but I do bring a little insight to this question. I am a widower now for over a year. My wife died of a long term illness. I couldn't imagine dating during that horrible time. Your emotional guilt will far out way any joyful moments you may want. My advice, don't do it!

11/24/2007 9:31:50 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

chrisk1974
Bowling Green, OH
42, joined Nov. 2007

the first person you need to take care of is yourself. if you're not healthy then you cant truly be there for anyone else. not that you should "date" someone else, ut you do need to have someone to talk to about you. maybe you could just keep posting in here, or maybe it would be better to get ahold of some of your freinds that seem to be having difficulty with the situtaion, and ask them not to be there for her, but to be there for you.

11/24/2007 9:32:47 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
sandbagger2u
Longmeadow, MA
70, joined Nov. 2007

Not OK. But OK for terminally ill person to change will and policy beneficiaries. Come on man. Buck up and fly right.

11/24/2007 9:37:51 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
peachess
Over 1,000 Posts (1,642)
El Reno, OK
49, joined Oct. 2007

I hate to sound all Judgemental and crup but, Seriously...That sounded to me like a bunch of BS, Whining and Self Pity...Where is the love and Concern for the one who's Actually Dying?
xoxoPeaches.

11/24/2007 9:41:25 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
v2_1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,768)
McHenry, IL
54, joined Nov. 2007

Slowhand, I've read through this all very carefully before deciding to respond. I too, have been where you're at. I lost my husband to cancer. Unlike your wife, his illness progressed quickly and he was gone within a year of diagnosis.

I understand completely what you are feeling. You begin the grieving process when you hear the terminal diagnosis. To go through it for a year was horrible. To go through it for three like you have would be a nightmare. My heart breaks for you, truly. In a really odd way, cancer gave us a gift. It allowed us to spend that last year genuinely living our love. To have done it any longer than a year would've probably broken me permanently.

One of hardest and smartest things that we did was to involve hospice with his care. Not only did we have daily nurse visits, but we also had nurses aides, volunteers to clean the house, massage therapists, and a chaplain who became my rock. They can help you find others to talk with, or simply give you the opportunity to get out of the house for a while. Please check into whether they can help you. The people involved in hospice care are truly angels walking the earth.

I think you already know that you'd never really forgive yourself if you broke your vows at this point in your marriage. And be honest: would you want to be with the kind of person who would knowingly date you right now? We won't even get into lying about it. Companionship is fine, but that's all it should be. There are so many people who have walked in your shoes. You made a great choice by talking about it here. You'll have friends and support if you want and need them.

Count me as one of them. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

And folks, if you haven't been there, you don't know how you'd feel or act. Stop judging what you don't know.

[Edited 11/24/2007 9:43:21 AM ]

11/24/2007 9:44:14 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
carolinabrat
Summerville, SC
65, joined Nov. 2007

Slow did post in this thread that he probably used a poor choice of words and that he shouldn't have used "date". He is more wanting to be able to have someone to talk to and give him support. As a caregiver myself (mother with Alzhiemers)you crave someone to talk to as you too become a shut in. When I was able to get out and meet for coffee, I always came home a better person. Caregivers need help too. His profile is very clear that he is not here searching.....the man is trying to keep his sanity! Hats off to him for the 3yrs he already has under his belt standing by his woman.

11/24/2007 9:46:17 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
peachess
Over 1,000 Posts (1,642)
El Reno, OK
49, joined Oct. 2007

I try very hard not to Judge but, You know there is a Billboard up in Corpus Cristie Texas right now for one of the Aunt's I just lost...That was her Husband's Idea. Life is Precious and Everyday is Valuable and Borrowed. but, I'd kick myself in the a** if I'd thought about me instead of her while she was fighting.
xoxoPeaches.

11/24/2007 9:55:47 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
heraldsunshine
Huntersville, NC
56, joined Aug. 2007

No, I don't think it would be right. I wonder if the children you have are yours and hers; think about how they would feel with their Mother dying and they show up somewhere and you are with another woman. The damage to your relationship with them would be enormous!

Even if she is the type of woman who would tell you to find someone to take care of things she can no longer give to you, your children would never understand.

Take care, I know it's a difficult time but I agree with all these others, that you need human interaction - not a date.

What type of woman would date a man whose wife was dying? Would you really want that type of woman in your life?

11/24/2007 9:56:26 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
stellablue
Over 2,000 Posts (2,836)
Saint Louis, MO
59, joined Sep. 2007

slow...I understand more now. The sentence of friends don't come often, don't know what to say, people are uncomfortable. I've been through hospice with my Dad, nothing compared to a partner, but I know what you're saying now. Often, when I ask for help...it comes out all wrong.

Another friend (not FWB LOL) here.. Sorry you couldn't get the words out and I didn't listen sooner. Hope today is a good day for her, then yours will be easier.

11/24/2007 9:58:30 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
heraldsunshine
Huntersville, NC
56, joined Aug. 2007

PS I'm not trying to chase you away from datehookup - you can find lots of folks to interact with here; but there are on-line forums for others in situations like yours who may provide comfort to you as well. Google for caregiver support.

11/24/2007 10:10:05 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
klassykitten
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,302)
Toccoa, GA
59, joined Jul. 2007

Thanks V2 and carolina....You echoed what I said.

And for sure people you got to be in those heavy brogan boots to know about this one...I know what he meant...he rephrased it wrong but if he wasn't committed he would not be there.

It is one of the hardest and most heartbreaking and devestating situations you will ever be in...to watch someone you love literally rot away before your eyes. It is not for the weak and only the strong survive. Three years in that world is like 30 in the fires of hell. The sites, the sounds, and the the smells.

And funny how people friends, family, and the ones that were there in the beginning...sort of drift off and disappear after a while and you are solo. But they'll be back with that casserole for the wake or funeral...

No matter how much you love that dying person, at some point you have to check it and some what turn off. It will drive you crazy if you don't.

Slow I have no doubt of your commitment or trouble really understanding your meaning. Like I said and you can see from these post...you can have a leaning post on DH forums.

May God be with you and give you strength...

Klassy

11/24/2007 10:20:12 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
renesant
Madison, AL
58, joined Jun. 2007

damn slow if you wanted to be shark bait why not chum for 30 minutes and jump in?
the fact that you ask tells me you have'nt. being confined to bed can get painful in itself,and depressing to see,you might try getting some olive oil or her fav body cream and giving her a massage paying special attention to her back,hands and feet.it might rekindle something for you that can fill this void you have.(in the bible this is refered to as the laying on of hands)and can be very spiritual if you want it to be.
and please don't take yankees advice.

[Edited 11/24/2007 10:22:16 AM ]

11/24/2007 10:37:09 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

goobalicious43
Franklin, TN
56, joined Jun. 2007

Slowhand,first of all let me say that I am very sorry for what you and your wife are going through.I lost both of my parents to cancer and watched them both slowly decline in health.My Dad passed away in 1995,and my mother stayed with him for 5 long years right by his side(they were married for 45 yrs)All of her family and friends didn't ask "how is he doing" every time they called or visted,because they knew,they were "true" friends and family,they were there when she needed some to talk to or just a break in the monotney.Slow, I think now is the time that you need to look back and see all that you and your wife have done together,places you been,times well spent,children,and everything that has involved the two of you.If you loved her enough to marry her,you should be strong enough to stand beside her when she needs you the most,there is alot more to love than just having sex and being able to do everyday things,love is a comittment to stand with each other side by side as ONE.If all you need is companionship,you should have at least have a couple of friends that you can turn to and talk to and that care enough about you to not let you go thru this alone.And if you don't have any friends like that, you can turn to someone who is all of our friend,his initials are JC and he has helped a many a man (woman) thru some hard times.Keep your head up buddy,and if your ever out Tennessee way,look me up and I'll show you some great places to ride.

11/24/2007 11:17:04 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

nvr4gttn
Over 1,000 Posts (1,020)
Yelm, WA
54, joined Aug. 2007

ya thats love???

11/24/2007 11:32:52 AM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

nvr4gttn
Over 1,000 Posts (1,020)
Yelm, WA
54, joined Aug. 2007

i got to thinking about this post an it really PISSES ME OFF to no end to think that you would even be thinking about dating while your partner is dying...where is the LOVE? this is jmo but you would think that you would be LOVIN this partner til they passed away before you went lookin for another...as for me i want a man that when i'm ready to exit this big ole world, would be crawled up in bed with me holding me til i died...now that my friend is LOVE...jmo (just to get a nut off, come on)

11/24/2007 2:01:19 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
rich101
Over 1,000 Posts (1,816)
Lillington, NC
61, joined Oct. 2007

Slowhand, it is good that you let out your emotions, wise decision on your part. By not putting it out it can eat you up like the illness she has. By you posting this shows that you do care. Answer this Question, Do you LOVE her? To date while she is alive; shows that you are a cheater, self centered, and emotionally week, and one that rather give up than fight. Is it hard on you? DAM STRAIGHT. Buck up bucko, think of how hard it is for her. Give her all the love she disserves, give her laughter, show her you care. You will be surprised how much easer it gets. And you will feel better in the long run.

11/24/2007 2:52:54 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
rocket000
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,671)
Suwanee, GA
59, joined Mar. 2007

May I suggest a support group? Oftentimes the primary caregiver(that sounds like you Slowhand) needs a sympathetic ear and respite care so he/she can get a break for the tasks of caregiving. I'm in the insurance/investment field. Long term care is one of the areas I sell to clients BEFORE they need it so they can have a skilled care provider come into their home(if they don't need more intensive care) or they can go to an assisted care living facility or nursing home depending upon the severity of their physical and mental challenges. A study was recently completed by the Institute of Aging that shows the toll caregiving extracts on the primary caregiver. It is much more draining to care for a patient with mental/neurological problems, ie: dementia and alzheimers than those with just physical infirmities. Aside from the mental, emotional and physical toll on the caregiver employers wind up with employees that need to take time off or even quit their jobs because they need to care for a loved one.

I have clients who have taken care of an aging parent that swear they will never put their spouse and/or child in that position.

Morally, I can't even begin to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Perhaps those in a support group who have walked in your shoes would be the ones to offer advice based upon their personal experiences.

Good luck!

11/24/2007 2:58:30 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
lasttime4me
Over 1,000 Posts (1,275)
Townsend, MT
72, joined Oct. 2007

If I was terminally ill and my wife was screwing someone before I was dead I believe I would out live her.

11/24/2007 3:10:17 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

akewldewd
Englewood, FL
50, joined Mar. 2007

There was a movie produced about this very subject. I forget the title. But the woman/man dieing actually tried to setup the spouse so he/she wouldn't have to be alone.

I am not saying either way what is right or wrong. Who am I to judge. I have no idea how it feels to be in that situation.

Anyway, no matter what... this is a hard one. it brought tears to my eyes the depth of the emotion involved is great.

How hard it must be to be in that situation.

I agree that you should seek help from a support group of somekind. and I would surely hope I would have at least one true friend that could help me cope.

I wish I knew what to say, but I don't. I just feel sad that life can deal such low blows.

I guess you have to do what is in your heart. Let that lead you in the right direction. In doing so, I bet it all works out as best as it can under such poor circumstances.

Best of luck.

Norm

[Edited 11/24/2007 3:11:29 PM ]

11/24/2007 3:23:34 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
carolinabrat
Summerville, SC
65, joined Nov. 2007

His post at 11:08 corrected and explained some things. He didn't mean "date" is was wanting more of someone to vent to. I am going through some things of my own here and I will tell you that nobody needs friends as much as they do when they are the caretakers. He has proved he good people by that way he has stayed by her side and cared for her for 3yrs thus far. He just wants to know if it is ok to have someone to lean on and vent his feelings too. Wondering if even that is too much, shows character. JMO

11/24/2007 3:24:16 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

daddy_s
Oak Ridge, TN
36, joined Apr. 2007

11/24/2007 3:29:00 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

akewldewd
Englewood, FL
50, joined Mar. 2007

Someone stated:

He just wants to know if it is ok to have someone to lean on and vent his feelings too.

Heck yes, I think it's ok. I think at some point he would need it. But not knowing all the circumstances here. I say just be careful and remember the golden rule.

11/24/2007 3:41:24 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
emt854
Over 2,000 Posts (2,165)
Appleton, WI
62, joined Nov. 2007

Slow Im so sorry for what your going through.

I had a friend whos wife was dying a slow death from breast cancer. He was by her side every day, he took her to every medical facility that might give a glimmer of hope. She was aware of how lonely he was and she told him to go out and be happy.

I dont know how your wife feels or all the circumstances but I do know that you do need someone to talk to..a friend only to go to a movie or out to dinner but it has to stay friends.

11/24/2007 4:43:22 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  

lookinghere
Morrisville, VT
46, joined Nov. 2007

11/24/2007 4:49:10 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
v2_1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,768)
McHenry, IL
54, joined Nov. 2007

People, if you can't be bothered to read an entire thread, don't think your comments add any value. Those of you who haven't read thru this and posted hateful things are making yourselves look like asses. JMHO

11/24/2007 5:11:14 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
emt854
Over 2,000 Posts (2,165)
Appleton, WI
62, joined Nov. 2007

Thank you y2 and Hank you sound like a wonderful man with deep feelings and great insight.

11/24/2007 6:19:03 PM Is it ok to date if your partner is terminally ill  
lo_sue
El Paso, TX
43, joined Jun. 2007

NO