Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal lines

I did, even so, by accident sit down throughout the speed dating occasion at Sinéad buddy Yvonne s table ahead of being moved on. speed dating milford ct I am fortunate that the very best partnership I ve ever had is to the man I am married to. She loved literature, and I m a huge book nerd. fetlife api python But if the juice is worth the squeeze, you ll figure it out.

tampa hookups

Whether or not you re skilled in the globe of dating, or totally new to single life, the pandemic has left a lot of of us in have to have of dating guidance. stockton personals Have a excellent chat, make new close friends or even discover the love of your life. There are signs, despite their reticence to talk about it, that dating apps are starting to take calls like Leech s much more seriously. red bean asian dating Neither I nor they speak to her any longer.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

10/17/2009 9:48:30 PM Starting over, What a scary thought.  

wisediva
Morinville, AB
56, joined Mar. 2008

I'm now Single again...OMG what the heck do I do now...

At this point in my life, I thought I & my husband would be growing old & enjoying our grandchildren together, not to mention raising our last child at home...He apparently had other idea's...

So there I was, Starting over, & looking at the thought of Dating AGAIN!!!

Where to start...On-line dating, the Bar scene, Clubs, I choose to throw myself to the wolves & try all of them & got lucky when I met a super guy at a speed dating event my son was putting on where he worked...

What things have you tried & how scary was it to face, Starting over?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

10/18/2009 8:57:15 AM Starting over, What a scary thought.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

uprooted myself from Calgary for a very different career in the bush.

Living in a car for a number of years has taught me the value of "things".
When I had a dwelling (in Calgary) "things" were 'important' to me. Why, I ask myself now, as I unpack this stuff?
When we really look around, what do we REALLY NEED?

Every day is Halloween, for some, I guess...

Carpe diem

[Edited 10/18/2009 9:01:05 AM ]

10/18/2009 2:11:26 PM Starting over, What a scary thought.  
iamaperson
Over 2,000 Posts (2,187)
Medicine Hat, AB
66, joined Nov. 2008

I am just cruising, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

I know what you mean. the more I moved around, the more "stuff" I got rid of. I am now in a one bedroom apartment from a 3 bedroom (double attached garage) house. And you know, I don't miss any of it. My sister has a bird everytime she hears I've gotten rid of something she remembers (she is our family pack rat).

10/20/2009 8:13:16 AM Starting over, What a scary thought.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from iamaperson:
I am just cruising, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

I know what you mean. the more I moved around, the more "stuff" I got rid of. I am now in a one bedroom apartment from a 3 bedroom (double attached garage) house. And you know, I don't miss any of it. My sister has a bird everytime she hears I've gotten rid of something she remembers (she is our family pack rat).

Then you can pass the "stuff" to her! She can enjoy it.

10/20/2009 8:16:32 AM Starting over, What a scary thought.  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from wisediva:
I'm now Single again...OMG what the heck do I do now...

At this point in my life, I thought I & my husband would be growing old & enjoying our grandchildren together, not to mention raising our last child at home...He apparently had other idea's...

So there I was, Starting over, & looking at the thought of Dating AGAIN!!!

Where to start...On-line dating, the Bar scene, Clubs, I choose to throw myself to the wolves & try all of them & got lucky when I met a super guy at a speed dating event my son was putting on where he worked...

What things have you tried & how scary was it to face, Starting over?

... yikes that hurts no doubt. But where, really, do we meet a guy who is willing to look beyond the package??? You are lucky to have met someone else.

10/20/2009 2:57:53 PM Starting over, What a scary thought.  
shydate
Calgary, AB
63, joined Jan. 2009

Just take it One day at a time. I've got the kids and watching them grow to become young Adults. Is reason enought to be happy. My X decided to live with some Ranch hand.

10/20/2009 10:32:54 PM Starting over, What a scary thought.  

wisediva
Morinville, AB
56, joined Mar. 2008

Glad to see a guy to give His perspective, Shyguy

Just show everyone whats beyond & underneath the package, Sierra...If they can't see it....You don't want'em.

Ouch is right, At first I was settled to spend the rest of my life alone,& devote myself to my kids, But then I thought, Screw that, and decided that it was time for me to start living for me, and even if I never met anyone I was going to live my life my way. I am surprised how healing that was, I didn't need any man to take care of me, I could take care of myself, and my child. I even started to enjoy my alone time. Even now with a man in my life again it's nice to just know that I don't need him but it's nice to just enjoy being with him, and spending time together, without the ties. Hope I'm making sense...

10/21/2009 12:12:45 AM Starting over, What a scary thought.  
2bluiz
Calgary, AB
66, joined Feb. 2008

You're making tons of sense,Wise! Speaking for myself, it's a shame I didn't have that knowledge when I was married.

11/9/2009 10:27:40 AM Starting over, What a scary thought.  

4u2luv4ever
Elk Point, AB
47, joined Oct. 2009

Im a single mom of three great kids, ages 18, 11 & 8. I have been single for almost as long as i was married. Scary thought... but the time has gone so quickly. Im not into the bar scenes.. .once in awhile is ok for socializing.. but i find the bars in this small town are full of 18-25 yr olds. (Im not a cougar...lol and have kids.. dont want to take care of more). I live in a town of aprox 1400 people. It is sooooo hard to meet anyone my age let alone one that is in the same place in their life regarding work, family, etc. I have gone on a couple of date sites and have found way to many players, way to many liars, and WAY to many men who say they know what they want... but really... they dont appear to have any idea. I had met a few nice guys... but it they didnt work out or ... they couldnt let go of their past enough to start again. I did however this year meet two amazing men. Thought things were going well. Just to find out the one couldnt leave the date site long enough... i guess he figured the grass could always be greener. I mean lets face it... there has to be a busty blonde somewhere on the net that will glance his way..... (sheesh). The other... we met for coffee... he had a good family, good job, we had alot in common. He scared himself so bad about being in a relationship again... that i never heard from him again. Now i dont know what a person should do. Continue on the date sites... or just leave the whole situation to the unknown. Everyone tells me that when you arent looking for someone they will find you. I havent really been looking but unless he is the guy who comes to fix something in the house or happens to stumble into my office at work for some reason........... he is never going to find me.

Good luck in your search everyone. I wish you all alot of happiness.

11/9/2009 8:11:23 PM Starting over, What a scary thought.  
2bluiz
Calgary, AB
66, joined Feb. 2008

Good luck to you too, 4U. I've pretty well given up on the male of our species. That's not to say I'll not be receptive IF just the right guy came along. But I'm not looking. (Hey guys .... I love surprises) As I get older, I find it more & more difficult to meet eligible men. I can only imagine how much harder it is for someone living in a small town. (one of the few disadvantages)

To all on Alberta Chat who ARE looking for that special someone

3/19/2010 3:56:10 PM Starting over, What a scary thought.  
shayla8
Grande Prairie, AB
50, joined Aug. 2009

I can't say each day gets easier cause it doesn't, its not until I look back over the course of a year that I can say I've come ahead. We separated in 2006 and the divorce came through in 2009. And I still feel broken but I'm handling it better. I don't miss him at all. It was a horrible experience. But nevertheless, being on my own and an empty nester is very new territory and its tough to think "me first" when its always been the kids or the hubbie I thrived for. I still haven't connected up with "whats the purpose". I am going through the motions of a life and hoping one day my heart will get back into it. I want to feel the joy again. And that doesnt mean having to have a relationship, I want to find the joy by letting go of the past and feeling purpose for today.

8/13/2010 9:28:50 AM Starting over, What a scary thought.  
allnewimproved
Red Deer, AB
60, joined Aug. 2010

What a brave bunch of women, you all inspire me. My husband passed away and I am still struggling to find me. I have met several men but as previously said. a lot of scammers of liars. Some nice guys but just not right for me. I finally got a dog and she gives me a lot of the love I need in my life. I try to just take it one day at a time. I have started to enjoy my time alone so I wouldn't want someone around all the time but OMG I miss having someone to snuggle. We are all strong women and can do this.