Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

new listcrawler

In this post, you will locate all the concerns that you require to know and answer to have a meaningful conversation about appreciate. maryland hookups If you re each seeking for fun and games or a hookup, then this was a initial date made in heaven, and it doesn t definitely matter if you are both seeing other folks. As a Plus Size Princess, I typically wonder if the guys asking me out have dated huge girls before , and I ve learned that the answer is rarely useful. hot mexican teen girls Time for some entertaining and tough funds conversations!

toronto hookup websites

You can also purchase in app currency to get perks like a lot more visibility and other functions. bryan tx hookups Learn our personalised choice of detailed dating profiles. Number of instances I ve talked with a cute non EA girl about EA and perceived it as going nicely? Regardless not positive I d be comfy revealing that information in public. st louis bedpage But she s staying realistic about their future.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

1/28/2008 11:31:48 AM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

the_t_in_me
Riner, VA

Hey,
very new to this place, so I'm not sure if I should direct ppl to my blog or print a copy. However, I did make my first post on chivalry, and I would like feedback on whether I'm correct, or missing any elements.

Also, if I should copy it here or not.

1/28/2008 11:43:52 AM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

ge0ge0
Tallahassee, FL

Depends on what you mean by Chivalry. I'm going to guess and say you mean the romantic type as in "opening a door for a lady".

To be chivalrous you have to know what it means and it's origins. Wiki has a nice definition and history.

I view chivalry as a code of virtues that you live up to. Like the Seven Knightly Virtues.

Bravery, Fairness, Compassion, Generosity, Respect, Excellence and Hope. Well those are my virtues that I adhere to.

1/28/2008 11:52:12 AM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

the_t_in_me
Riner, VA

I think you hit the other side of my coin nicely.
But there's a problem.

Take for instance the story of the Rich young ruler from the bible. He asked how to recieve eternal life. Jesus said to obey all the law.
The man replied that he had from his youth up.
So. . . he was told to give all he had to the poor.

Now some say that you can't be rich and a christan, but the fact of the matter is, he had a set of codes. But he failed to see their application. For instance, one of that laws he supposedly followed from his youth was to have "No other Gods before Me." Well, it would seem to me that he made money his God. Or how about Covetisness? He wanted to have the best, so . . . he couldn't give up what he had.

So what I see are some wonderful genneral words - which do play an important part - but their application, their reasoning/motive, are still unclear to many of us.

So ways to be Chivalrous would be a welcome addition to this thread, but could you be more clear in what you mean [or the application of] your code?

ty,
T

1/28/2008 12:13:18 PM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

drummrboy
Belmont, MA

whattya kiddin' me? have u not seen the sammy threads? nuff said!

1/28/2008 12:18:07 PM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

the_t_in_me
Riner, VA

'fraid I'm new here, and these are my first posts.

Maybe you'd care to direct me to those posts, or perhaps you can sum them up for me?

1/28/2008 12:22:39 PM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

ge0ge0
Tallahassee, FL

So what I see are some wonderful genneral words - which do play an important part - but their application, their reasoning/motive, are still unclear to many of us.

Well therein lies the conundrum. Only I would be able to recognize and acknowledge what these words mean to me. Anyone else would be able to inject analogies such as the biblical story you described. Since we don't ride stallions and wear coats of arms and have lieges who "led by example" and showed their vassals their version of chivalry to learn from. We have to go with what we know and what we are comfortable with.

1/28/2008 4:03:09 PM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

that_wd_b_me
Essex Junction, VT

The qualities idealized by knighthood, such as bravery, courtesy, honor, and gallantry toward women.
A manifestation of any of these qualities.

In the modern world,chivalry is a rare thing indeed.I would sum it up as adhering to the golden rule.The closest I have seen in my lifetime was in the boy scout oath and law.which are
[if memory serves]
Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

scout law
that a scout is:
trustworthy
loyal
helpful
friendly
courteous
kind
obedient
cheerful
thrifty
brave
clean [and]
reverent

1/28/2008 4:24:57 PM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

empussa
Bloomington, IL

My friend uses this term all the time, she got me started here...so like a honor type code right...she always say's "chivaley is not dead" and I wondered what she meant, she told me that men of honor keep their word, a promise is a promise, they have your back and support and protect you I think she said Valor or Valient or something like that. Alli know is most men I meet talk a good talk for about a month then they just fizzle out in their efforts and It shows it was all an act...I don't think men will always open the car door every time or always be over the top thoughtful...it starts out that way but it never stays that way.

1/28/2008 5:33:18 PM Chivalry - What makes it so?  

dutchboy4u
Huntington Beach, CA

EMPUSSA, That's when you have to put the spurs to them and get them back in line.

To the T IN ME, Copy your blog and post it in a new thread under relationships. Oh, My bad. Guess you already posted it here. Never mind...

[Edited 1/28/2008 5:36:56 PM]