Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

over 40 listcrawler

I hope you ve enjoyed it adequate to pass it on. chat online sonora The concept with these inquiries is to get to know them and exactly where they are in their walk with Christ. Conversations have a tendency to lull just about every so usually, specifically with people you do not know all that well. uber honey dating app So as an alternative of asking the overplayed What sort of music do you listen to? give it a little twist and ask the question in a distinctive way.

naija hookup site

Discussing and understanding these realities is an crucial step to take as your partnership gets much more critical and your commence to program a future with each other. gay hookup utah For a smoother way out, try employing a polite excuse, either true or made up, to show that you are not available. We did a mystery shop of Tinder Plus to find out far more about the app s costs in Australia, setting quotas primarily based on gender, sexuality, location and age group (18–29, 30–49 and 50+). costa rica cupid You can slower a Favorites list to support you bear in mind particular members and you can name and save searches to use most effective once again.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/25/2010 7:26:52 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  

wanna_dance
Over 2,000 Posts (2,691)
Boca Raton, FL
72, joined Aug. 2008

I see this quite often on profiles and I wonder what it means. It does NOT mean atheist or agnostic because they are other available choices so I think if someone were agnostic or an atheist, they would have chosen one of those choices.

I also doubt that it means that someone believes a certain faith, Christian, Jewish, etc., but doesn't regularly attend those services because if you believe a certain faith, you are still "of" that faith and attending services has nothing to do with your beliefs. As secular examples, if I enjoy fishing or dancing, I am still a fisherman or dancer even while I am not actively engaged in those activities.

So the question is. "What does Not Religious mean when used as part of a profile?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/25/2010 7:33:35 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
jadedo
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,935)
Mendon, MA
70, joined Apr. 2010

It could mean that's someone you want to stear clear of

9/25/2010 7:52:43 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
scandi
Over 2,000 Posts (3,172)
Delray Beach, FL
67, joined Oct. 2009

I consider myself spiritual but there is no choice for that so I had to choose "non religious"

I doesn't make sense, lots of people call themselves spiritual.

9/25/2010 7:54:16 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
andi954
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,584)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
47, joined Mar. 2009

Well I say "not religious" and what I mean by it is that I dont go to church to worship my God. I do it where ever and whenever I feel like it. I talk to him when Im in the car or at home or just out doing things.

9/25/2010 7:58:22 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
sugrnspice2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,967)
Boca Raton, FL
98, joined Aug. 2009

it means I am spiritual but don't need to go to church to worship

I don't see any reason why someone would "steer clear" of anyone for that reason

I "steer clear" of anyone who is a religious zealot who wants to shove their way of thinking down everyone elses throat

9/25/2010 7:59:13 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
andi954
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,584)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
47, joined Mar. 2009

Yeah, what ^^she said!

9/25/2010 8:09:44 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
imsolucky
Over 1,000 Posts (1,348)
Vero Beach, FL
61, joined Aug. 2009

I only speak for me (Still, not Hornet) I am not religious. I am however, very Spiritual. I don't care what path another follows as long as they don't hurt others on their travels. I refuse to fight about religion and in fact married at 19 at City Hall with my Grandmother as my Matron of Honor because I thought it stupid that there could be no compromise found between my Catholic background and my then husband's Church of Christ background. We stayed married 20 yrs, though an old priest told me was excommunicated from the church and any children I would have would not be recognized unless I corrected this terrible City Hall mistake. Really? That guy, though he didn't know what he spoke of changed me. I looked at the world differently after that and I found that All That Is can be found in the woods, in the wind, in the water, in music and in the faces of those I come in contact with on my journey. A building is not all that important and one religion will never hold all the answers. A person can read all of the books they want, it is what they DO that makes the difference.

For me, it is more like a puzzle. Each of us holds a piece and the entire picture will NEVER be seen until ALL of the pieces are in place.

Perhaps some profiles you read are more Spiritual than Religious?

The female part of this couple.
Stillonlywords

9/25/2010 8:18:35 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
jadedo
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,935)
Mendon, MA
70, joined Apr. 2010

Obviously, I did not quite understand the op's guestion. I aplogize if I offended anyone.

My initial thought was..........

There's alway the "didn't say" option.
To me, religion meens believing in a more powerful beeing who teaches or taught kindness and or loving and accepting our felow humans for what they are. In my mind it doesn't matter what faith you practice or even if do or do not........

I guess I don't know what "not religious" means......

Shame on me for jumping in

9/25/2010 8:31:30 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
rsc108
Casselberry, FL
58, joined Sep. 2010

I interprit it to mean I do not align myself with any Religious affliation,dogma belief etc.. But I am Spiritual as I do believe in God or a Power that operates thrugh the universe.

9/25/2010 9:16:29 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  

wanna_dance
Over 2,000 Posts (2,691)
Boca Raton, FL
72, joined Aug. 2008

Wow, I think we have some great answers so far. I'm glad I posted this. I wish they would a category of either Spiritual, Not Religious or perhaps New Age (which I would define as metaphysics).

9/25/2010 11:15:10 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
jaflizard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,026)
Lakeland, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

I'm "Non-theistic" meaning I don't believe in an organized religion. I'm not Atheist, but I'm not Agnostic either. I just really don't care for theology

[Edited 9/25/2010 11:18:42 PM ]

9/25/2010 11:29:47 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
jaflizard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,026)
Lakeland, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

Putting it as "Atheist" implies you believe there is nothing
Putting it as "Agnostic" implies you believe there might be something, but don't know what.
Putting it as "Not religious" implies you don't have any religious beliefs in any direction whatsoever, in other words, you really don't give a damn.
I hope that answers the question.

9/26/2010 7:06:30 AM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
scandi
Over 2,000 Posts (3,172)
Delray Beach, FL
67, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from jaflizard:
Putting it as "Atheist" implies you believe there is nothing
Putting it as "Agnostic" implies you believe there might be something, but don't know what.
Putting it as "Not religious" implies you don't have any religious beliefs in any direction whatsoever, in other words, you really don't give a damn.
I hope that answers the question.

You must not have read the above.

9/26/2010 10:52:02 AM What Does Not Religious Mean?  

smiley1960x
San Diego, CA
57, joined Mar. 2010

When I was a child I was pridefully atheistic. But in adulthood I am just somebody who finds all of the arguments uncompelling. And I don't like being around overt religionists because their belief seems to be "License to Preach", or tell me what I should do.

So in my profile "Not Religious" means, keep that crap to yourself and if you can't, go away.

The question isn't "what the dictionary says it should mean". It's "what does the individual mean?". And since people can't always be bothered to understand the words they use, there's no point in using the dictionary as anything but a "most likely" guide.

[Edited 9/26/2010 10:53:52 AM ]

9/26/2010 3:43:44 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  

gentlemanjim1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,959)
Fort Myers, FL
68, joined Oct. 2009

It means I am not a phony that can join the countless forked tongued religions that dictate how you are supposed to live and speak about loving your neighbor, but do just the opposite if they don't fit their narrow minded way of thinking.
I am very spiritual and it's personal. I have a simple belief that says it all.

"Do as thy will so long as it harms no one"

I think Jesus himself would have agreed with that. But many or most of his so called Christian followers don't belief it. To me it should be the 11th commandment.

9/26/2010 4:37:19 PM What Does Not Religious Mean?  
imsolucky
Over 1,000 Posts (1,348)
Vero Beach, FL
61, joined Aug. 2009

My "wish list" for another said: Has sense of Spirit, doesn’t have to be on my page, but at least on the same shelf in the library(and knows how to find that shelf in the library). That pretty much says it all.

I think some types of spirituality appear to be as different as oil and water to some. I further think oil and water when put together make a beautiful candle. I thought process is likely that little teeny tiny space where the oil and water meet... when it is not shook up from fighting about it.