Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skip the games

But for quite a few people more than 50 Tinder has become a a lot more regular way to meet and connect. free dating sites twin cities Users can go incognito if they are not prepared to be out, change places and set filters for age and other qualities if they have a type. A monthly premium service expenses RMB 20 (USD 2. hooking up in tel aviv ChristianMingleis the dating service created for single guys and ladies looking for a God centered partnership, according to the site.

private delights com

All my mind has to supply is the refrain, What a strange evening. online chat rooms vancouver First dates can benerve racking, and coming up withquestions to askon a date can be a hassle. I would even be annoyed if a first date was asking me all of these questions… I would be thinking why does it matter I m never going to see you again anyway, stalker. omegle unregulated This creates the best atmosphere for couples and thirds to locate one an additional.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/25/2010 10:50:41 PM Confusing biblical stories  
zeustim
Louisville, KY
56, joined Nov. 2010

someone help me out on this one?christians believe that jesus was (is) the messiah.they have went to a great deal of effort over the last 2000 yrs to convince us of this.the earliest christians(the disciples)were jewish and it stands to reason that the original people they were trying to convince were also jewish(people they knew).you can imagine the initial resistance they must have gotten when they were telling their oral traditions of jesus to any jew that would have listened.the jewish people believe in the messiah and at the time would have rejoiced at the thought of his coming.however one of the most important prophecies to the jewish people about the messiah was that he was to be from the line of david.christians maintain that jesus meets all of the old testament prophecies of the messiah.but the earliest oral traditions dont mention anything about jesus ancestry and so they must have been met with alot of doubt.mark(the first gospel written doesnt say anything about his ancestry.to solve this problem the author of matthew comes along and starting with abraham goes forward and traces his lineage all the way to jesus and in the middle is king david.problem solved.luke goes one step further and starting with jesus goes all the way back to adam and in the middle is king david.problem solved.PROBLEM NOT SOLVED.when these two clever authors are manufacturing their stories they list joseph in the lineage.OOOPS someone forgot their story.joseph wasnt jesus father.i realize that the ancient jewish people were the predecessors of the legal profession but im pretty sure that bloodline doesnt include adoption.since god is jesus father and joseph is from the line of david then jesus doesnt meet the old testament prophecy,therfore he is not the messiah.i guess its possible that marys lineage could come into play but i havent found anywhere in the bible that her ancestry is traced.gonna take alot of christian apologetics to explain this one or im just missing something.HELP!!!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/28/2010 2:25:50 AM Confusing biblical stories  
bluestones
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,918)
Oak Grove, KY
40, joined Jul. 2010

Nice

12/19/2010 5:08:29 PM Confusing biblical stories  

serpenta_manon
Morganton, NC
53, joined Dec. 2010

The author of Matthew and the author Luke composed completely different birth stories for Jesus.

The gospels of Matthew and Luke were written ~70 years after Jesus was supposed to have been born.

It is probably not a well known fact, but Christian tradition has combined the two stories of the gospel of Matthew and the gospel of Luke to form the story told at Christmas time today (gospels of Mark and John have nothing to say about Jesus’ birth).

But the stories in the gospel of Matthew and the gospel of Luke only agree on 2 points:

1) Mary and Joseph are the parents

2) Jesus was born in Bethlehem (placed there to make him look messianic)

Otherwise they are completely different.

(from the first two chapters of the gospels Matthew and Luke)

12/19/2010 9:35:29 PM Confusing biblical stories  
zeustim
Louisville, KY
56, joined Nov. 2010

your right but i'm still trying to figyre out how jesus comes from the line of david?

12/20/2010 9:50:02 PM Confusing biblical stories  

serpenta_manon
Morganton, NC
53, joined Dec. 2010

I guess I'm boring.. I've no other explanation for doing research about your question..

I found this...

Luke 1:26-28
26 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary.
28 The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." NIV

The scriptures above show that Joseph was of the lineage of David. Mary, the mother of Jesus, (Luke 1-2) probably was of the tribe of Judah and thus in the line of David. (Luke 1:32.

12/20/2010 10:17:41 PM Confusing biblical stories  

serpenta_manon
Morganton, NC
53, joined Dec. 2010

“The Genealogy of Jesus Christ: From David to the Deportation” (Matthew 1:1, 6b-11)

Matthew begins with a genealogy, a genealogy that takes in much of Old Testament history. It is the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. But Jesus was, first of all, the Savior of Israel, the promised Messiah, the one who fulfilled the promises given to Israel’s forefathers. It was as the fulfillment of those promises that Jesus came into the world--as the culmination, the climax, of Israel’s history. And so Matthew writes: “The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. . . .”

Jesus was the fulfillment of the covenant the Lord made with Abraham: “I will bless you and make your name great. I will bless those who bless you, and all those who curse you I will curse. I will make of you a great nation. And in you--and in your seed--all the nations of the earth will be blessed.” That line of blessing would pass through Abraham’s seed, his offspring. And from Abraham came Isaac, and from Isaac came Jacob. And the covenant was renewed with each generation.

But the Lord added something into the mix when he gave those promises. To Abraham at one point he said: “I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you.” Likewise to Jacob, the Lord said, “A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will come from your body.” And then out of Jacob’s twelve sons, it was to Judah that this promise came: “The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs and the obedience of the nations is his.”

So a king would come from the line of Judah! A royal ruler with a scepter--indeed, a whole line of kings, until finally there would come one great king for whom it all was meant. The promise of royalty and of one great king--that was the thing added to the mix, added to the covenant the Lord made with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and specifically, that these kings would come from the tribe of Judah.

Well, the centuries went along, and guess what? No king. Now the Israelites wanted a king, but not because the Lord had promised them one. No, it was that when they looked at the nations around them, they wanted to be like those nations, they wanted to fit in. The other nations had kings, but they didn’t. All they had was the Lord and his prophets. They kept pressing God’s prophet Samuel for a king, till finally the Lord let them have what they wanted. And they ended up with King Saul--only he was not from the tribe of Judah, and he did not follow the voice of the Lord. So Saul was rejected by God. The Lord then told Samuel to go to the house of Jesse, and out of Jesse’s sons, the Lord had Samuel anoint Jesse’s young son David as the future king to replace Saul. Now David was from the tribe of Judah, and this was the king who would do the job, and through whom would come the promise of the even greater king.

Well, the Lord blessed King David mightily. David was a man after the Lord’s own heart. He was a good and righteous king. He wrote many of the psalms and was concerned for the worship life of Israel. David unified and solidified the nation of Israel. He established Jerusalem as the capital, brought the tabernacle there, and began preliminary work on building the temple. David was a great and glorious king.

Then one night the word of the Lord came to David’s pastor, Pastor Nathan, and Nathan gave David the message we heard a few minutes ago: “I will establish a house for you. I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.” So an even greater king will come from the house of David. This son of David will bring in God’s ultimate kingdom, his everlasting kingdom. Wow, what a promise! What a hope!

For as great as David was, there were still problems in his kingdom. There were still problems in the king himself. We can see that reflected in the genealogy in our text. Indeed, Matthew seems to make a special point of it, by mentioning a fact he didn’t need to mention, namely this: “And David was the father of Solomon . . . by the wife of Uriah.” Now as we heard last week, when Matthew brings in extra information into this genealogy, he’s doing it for a purpose. And here, this is extra information. He didn’t have to mention Solomon’s mother. It wasn’t normally done in this type of a genealogy. But here it reminds us of the whole story that goes with it. “By the wife of Uriah.” Even the way it’s phrased casts it a certain way. Matthew could have just said, “Bathsheba,” but instead he says, “the wife of Uriah.”

to be continued..

12/20/2010 10:18:33 PM Confusing biblical stories  

serpenta_manon
Morganton, NC
53, joined Dec. 2010

sequel ...

So here is the fatal flaw with all of these kings--their sinfulness, no matter how good as kings they may have been otherwise. Take Solomon, for example. Would he be the one to fulfill the promise? After all, he was THE son, literally, the son of David. And he started out with so much promise. The Lord gave Solomon an unbelievable amount of wisdom--the wisest man in the world. The glory and the grandeur of Solomon’s kingdom reached unprecedented heights--even greater than that of his father, David. Solomon built the temple that his father David could only dream about. So was Solomon “it”? Was he the one? Sadly, no. Solomon, although wise, became a fool of sorts. His greed and his lust led him to compromise his faith and the faith of Israel, by marrying foreign wives and thus introducing foreign gods. Solomon, as promising as he started out, would not be the one to fulfill the promise to David.

Nor would it be Solomon’s son, Rehoboam. In fact, under Rehoboam, the kingdom split in two, into north and south--Israel in the north, Judah in the south. But the promise to David was still alive. The royal line of Judah, the royal line of David, was still going. King after king came, and with each birth of a new royal son, you have to wonder if they wondered, “Is he the one?” Is this little boy going to grow up to be the promised Son of David, the great Messiah king?

Well, some of the kings were good and some were bad. Manasseh, for example, was a very wicked king. Hezekiah and Josiah, on the other hand, were very good and faithful kings. They led the nation to renewed devotion to the Lord. They walked in his ways. But even the best of these kings died without fulfilling the promise given to David. When would that one come? When would he come?!

Meanwhile, the nation kept going downhill spiritually. Oh, there would be brief revivals, but generally, it was a downward spiral spiritually. God’s prophets kept warning them of the coming judgment. Finally, it came. In 597 B.C. King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon took a group of captives in exile, out of Judah and into captivity in Babylon. He took Jeconiah, the heir to the throne. Now there was no son of David ruling on the throne in Jerusalem! This was shocking! What would happen to the promise made to David? And a few years later, in 586 B.C., more captives were taken away and Jerusalem was destroyed, even the temple was destroyed.

From the heights of David and Solomon, now the nation had sunk to defeat and exile. No king, no son of David, ruling on the throne. But the royal line was still alive. A royal heir was still living, albeit off in exile for the time being.

You see, the Lord does not forget his promises. He did not forget his promise given to David, that there would be one great king come from his royal line, to usher in the everlasting kingdom. And as dark as Israel’s fortunes had turned, that hope was still alive. The royal line had not been snuffed out. A son of David--the son of David--would come one day.

The prophet Isaiah told of this promise yet to be fulfilled: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore.”

And the angel Gabriel was thinking of that same long-ago promise to David when he told a young girl named Mary: “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

Jesus is that king. Jesus is the son of David. When he came to Israel, he announced, “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” He went about, preaching and teaching and healing, bringing the blessings of the kingdom to men. Where those other kings failed, flawed and sinful as they were, this king did not. Jesus is the one great king, the son of David, promised from of old.

But his kingdom came in a surprising way. Not in glory and grandeur. But in meekness and lowliness. In rejection and suffering. Suffering for the sins of his people, for the sins of all people, you and me included. His crown was a crown of thorns. His throne was a cross, just outside Jerusalem. It read, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.”

This king Jesus Christ is the great and promised son of David, “great David’s greater son.” Jesus is the one who brings his people out of their lonely exile of sin and death and brings us safely into his kingdom of peace and life. Now he reigns, forever and ever. He comes to us now in his Word and sacraments, giving us the gifts of his kingdom of grace. And he will come one more time, when we will finally see all that is in store for us in his kingdom of glory. “Jesus Christ, the son of David.” “Behold, your king is coming to you, righteous and having salvation.”

12/21/2010 9:23:47 PM Confusing biblical stories  
nocharge
Houston, TX
60, joined Dec. 2010

CAREFUL WHAT U ASK FOR;

It is good, therefore, to consider this most important genealogy and to see the amazing accuracy and extent of it, for it is more detailed and comprehensive than any other ‘family tree’ in human history. We will be convinced that God carefully watched over this line of descent and saw that it was properly recorded, at times by men who had no idea of its real importance.
GENEALOGICAL LISTS ESTABLISH CHRIST’S MESSIAHSHIP
There are four primary lists of Christ’s line of descent, three of them beginning with Adam, and they appear in the Bible as follows: (1) Genesis and Ruth; (2) 1 Chronicles, chapters 1-3; (3) Matthew, chapter 1; and (4) Luke, chapter 3 (Luke actually runs back from Jesus to Adam). With one exception, they agree exactly from Adam to Solomon, the son of David. Then, parallel to Solomon, Luke lists Nathan, another son of David. To this point Luke traces the genealogy of Jesus from Heli, the father of Mary, the wife of Joseph, thereby proving Jesus’ natural right to the Messiahship as a son of David, for Jesus had no earthly father, being the foster son of Joseph, but the actual Son of God by a miracle.—Luke 1:34, 35.
REASONS FOR DIFFERENCES IN ANCESTRAL LISTS
The account by Matthew traces Jesus’ descent in the line of Solomon, through which the legal right to the throne of David ran. Therefore Matthew’s and Luke’s accounts purposely differ on lines of descent from David down to Jesus. It is noteworthy, however, that both writers take care to make it clear that Jesus was not actually the son of Joseph, but was the true natural son of Mary. Matthew says: “Jacob became father to Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ.” (Matt. 1:16) Luke says: “Jesus himself, when he commenced his work, was about thirty years old, being the son, as the opinion was, of Joseph.”—Luke 3:23.
There are different names in the Chronicles account from those of Matthew, who follows Solomon’s line, as do the Chronicles. These names appear after Zerubbabel, the nineteenth after Solomon. This difference can easily be explained by the fact that in many Bible genealogies some links are left out. A good example is found in Ezra’s genealogy, in which he showed that he was a priest. (Ezra 7:1-5) His list omitted several names that are found in a parallel listing at 1 Chronicles 6:3-14. Why did Ezra leave these names out? He likely did this to avoid unnecessary repetition and to shorten the long list. Also, he may have used only the best-known names, just as today, a person wanting to prove that he was a descendant of some famous man, such as George Washington, would need only to name a few of the most recognizable, acknowledged descendants of the famous man, and show that his own father or grandfather was one of them. Ezra used what was needed to serve his purpose, and achieved it. This practice appears in some other Bible genealogies.
JESUS’ OPPONENTS COULD NOT CHALLENGE PUBLIC RECORDS
As to Matthew’s and Luke’s listing of Jesus’ genealogy, they doubtless got their list from the public register in the town of Bethlehem of Judah, where Jesus was born. (Luke 2:1-5; Mic. 5:2; Matt. 2:1-6) There is a remarkable fact that should end any doubt about Jesus’ being both the natural heir of David, and the one having the legal right to David’s throne, since he was the firstborn son (actually foster-son) of a man descended from King Solomon. It is this: None of Jesus’ enemies among the Jews ever challenged his descent from David, either on the side of his mother or of his foster-father. Now we know that the Pharisees and Sadducees were as eager as a pack of wolves, seeking any possible way to discredit Jesus. But they could not deny the official birth registers, well known to the people and available for anyone to check. Neither did the pagan enemies attack Jesus’ genealogy until after the Jewish records were destroyed when the Romans invaded and destroyed Jerusalem. Then, of course, no one could check their lying claims with the public records.
Jesus, being the long-looked-for Messiah, fulfilled and closed the Bible genealogy. He gained the throne of David, to sit on it without successors. (Luke 1:31-33) He was used by God to establish a new priesthood, he now being in heaven as a “high priest according to the manner of Melchizedek forever,” not of the Levitical priesthood of the Jews. (Heb. 6:20; 7:11-14, 23, 24) The Biblical record of Jesus’ genealogy remains in the Bible as part of the foundation of our faith and as a testimony to the sureness of the word and promises of G

12/24/2010 6:11:18 PM Confusing biblical stories  
cutesmartfunny
Nunnelly, TN
36, joined Apr. 2006

Quote from nocharge:
CAREFUL WHAT U ASK FOR;

It is good, therefore, to consider this most important genealogy and to see the amazing accuracy and extent of it, for it is more detailed and comprehensive than any other ‘family tree’ in human history. We will be convinced that God carefully watched over this line of descent and saw that it was properly recorded, at times by men who had no idea of its real importance.
GENEALOGICAL LISTS ESTABLISH CHRIST’S MESSIAHSHIP
There are four primary lists of Christ’s line of descent, three of them beginning with Adam, and they appear in the Bible as follows: (1) Genesis and Ruth; (2) 1 Chronicles, chapters 1-3; (3) Matthew, chapter 1; and (4) Luke, chapter 3 (Luke actually runs back from Jesus to Adam). With one exception, they agree exactly from Adam to Solomon, the son of David. Then, parallel to Solomon, Luke lists Nathan, another son of David. To this point Luke traces the genealogy of Jesus from Heli, the father of Mary, the wife of Joseph, thereby proving Jesus’ natural right to the Messiahship as a son of David, for Jesus had no earthly father, being the foster son of Joseph, but the actual Son of God by a miracle.—Luke 1:34, 35.
REASONS FOR DIFFERENCES IN ANCESTRAL LISTS
The account by Matthew traces Jesus’ descent in the line of Solomon, through which the legal right to the throne of David ran. Therefore Matthew’s and Luke’s accounts purposely differ on lines of descent from David down to Jesus. It is noteworthy, however, that both writers take care to make it clear that Jesus was not actually the son of Joseph, but was the true natural son of Mary. Matthew says: “Jacob became father to Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ.” (Matt. 1:16) Luke says: “Jesus himself, when he commenced his work, was about thirty years old, being the son, as the opinion was, of Joseph.”—Luke 3:23.
There are different names in the Chronicles account from those of Matthew, who follows Solomon’s line, as do the Chronicles. These names appear after Zerubbabel, the nineteenth after Solomon. This difference can easily be explained by the fact that in many Bible genealogies some links are left out. A good example is found in Ezra’s genealogy, in which he showed that he was a priest. (Ezra 7:1-5) His list omitted several names that are found in a parallel listing at 1 Chronicles 6:3-14. Why did Ezra leave these names out? He likely did this to avoid unnecessary repetition and to shorten the long list. Also, he may have used only the best-known names, just as today, a person wanting to prove that he was a descendant of some famous man, such as George Washington, would need only to name a few of the most recognizable, acknowledged descendants of the famous man, and show that his own father or grandfather was one of them. Ezra used what was needed to serve his purpose, and achieved it. This practice appears in some other Bible genealogies.
JESUS’ OPPONENTS COULD NOT CHALLENGE PUBLIC RECORDS
As to Matthew’s and Luke’s listing of Jesus’ genealogy, they doubtless got their list from the public register in the town of Bethlehem of Judah, where Jesus was born. (Luke 2:1-5; Mic. 5:2; Matt. 2:1-6) There is a remarkable fact that should end any doubt about Jesus’ being both the natural heir of David, and the one having the legal right to David’s throne, since he was the firstborn son (actually foster-son) of a man descended from King Solomon. It is this: None of Jesus’ enemies among the Jews ever challenged his descent from David, either on the side of his mother or of his foster-father. Now we know that the Pharisees and Sadducees were as eager as a pack of wolves, seeking any possible way to discredit Jesus. But they could not deny the official birth registers, well known to the people and available for anyone to check. Neither did the pagan enemies attack Jesus’ genealogy until after the Jewish records were destroyed when the Romans invaded and destroyed Jerusalem. Then, of course, no one could check their lying claims with the public records.
Jesus, being the long-looked-for Messiah, fulfilled and closed the Bible genealogy. He gained the throne of David, to sit on it without successors. (Luke 1:31-33) He was used by God to establish a new priesthood, he now being in heaven as a “high priest according to the manner of Melchizedek forever,” not of the Levitical priesthood of the Jews. (Heb. 6:20; 7:11-14, 23, 24) The Biblical record of Jesus’ genealogy remains in the Bible as part of the foundation of our faith and as a testimony to the sureness of the word and promises of G

Your preacher has really filled you full of shit eh?

Do you know what perception and justification is? You are just trying to tie up ends so it FITS.

Look up Cognitive dissonance.

For some real information on why the stories are different. Read "Jesus interrupted" by Bart Ehrman. Who is by the way a bible scholar.

12/30/2010 10:04:37 PM Confusing biblical stories  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,679)
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from zeustim:
your right but i'm still trying to figyre out how jesus comes from the line of david?

Who cares...! LOL

1/15/2011 4:17:34 PM Confusing biblical stories  
tercium
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,255)
Hemet, CA
49, joined Nov. 2010

Ok for Zeus, Read Michael Grant's Jesus, an historian's review of the Gospels. It was published in the 1970's but is still relevant to your original post, at least as a start. His works were required reading for me when I majored in History years ago, not that book but others were he delas in depth with the Greek, Hellenistic and roman world of antiquity. He also has his own conclusions which will surprise Christian and athiest alike. he views Jesus as sincere but not sane.

1/18/2011 1:20:12 AM Confusing biblical stories  
hedoguy
Dallas, GA
57, joined Dec. 2008

I'm watching a movie in which two people are in the act of conception, or at least trying. She's pretty damn immaculate by my standards, does that make me a believer?

1/20/2011 1:16:44 PM Confusing biblical stories  

paperthinedge
Melbourne, FL
25, joined Jan. 2011

Wwhat about Moses and mobby d*ck who swallowed the lost puzzle piece?

1/23/2011 5:09:19 PM Confusing biblical stories  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

The one that sticks in my mind is Cain and Able. Cain kills Able then takes Able's wife, however when Adam and Eve got it on they only had two sons. Where did Ables wife come from?

1/23/2011 8:48:05 PM Confusing biblical stories  
logic49
Union Grove, AL
68, joined Jun. 2010

i'm still trying to figure out what happened to adams first wife. according to the bible
god made man and woman out of dust at the same time. on the very next page he takes one of adams ribs and made woman.

1/30/2011 12:54:09 AM Confusing biblical stories  
queenofhearts61
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,962)
Seymour, IN
72, joined Mar. 2007

The old testament is only important as a history of the generations, the unbearable laws they had to live under, and the rantings of some profits that had some good dope. The new testament is not important at all and has nothing to do with a person that did not exist, as they describe him. Those stories have been made up as they go along through the last 2,000 years.

2/6/2011 4:24:26 AM Confusing biblical stories  
juicyjay91
Mishawaka, IN
26, joined Jan. 2011

What always gets me is Adam and Eve, if they were the two first people and the decedents of everyone. Then why don't we all have webbed feet are retardation? I thin it is because genetics wasn't even close to being discovered yet, so at the time it was good enough.

3/17/2011 10:20:45 AM Confusing biblical stories  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from juicyjay91:
What always gets me is Adam and Eve, if they were the two first people and the decedents of everyone.

And, where did we get all the races of man in 6,000 years if there is not Evolution? If we came from two people, we should all resemble those two. Someone explain that to me. There is no way Creationism can make sense if there is not Evolution to account for the racial diversity of the peoples today.

[Edited 3/17/2011 10:21:30 AM ]

3/19/2011 11:51:28 PM Confusing biblical stories  
thewanderer33
Waldron, AR
71, joined Mar. 2011

let's face it the bible is fantasy just the same as the wizard of oz or harry potter or the trilogy of the rings. they all are readable but not beliveable except the wizard of oz, harry potter and the ring trilogy are all better reading than the bible its a shame some people live their lives in a fantasy but thats their choice but the bad thing is they think they can tell every body else how to live too .thats whats wrong with them!

3/20/2011 6:41:36 PM Confusing biblical stories  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,679)
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from thewanderer33:
let's face it the bible is fantasy just the same as the wizard of oz or harry potter or the trilogy of the rings. they all are readable but not beliveable except the wizard of oz, harry potter and the ring trilogy are all better reading than the bible its a shame some people live their lives in a fantasy but thats their choice but the bad thing is they think they can tell every body else how to live too .thats whats wrong with them!

What's wrong with them is their blindness...and their arrogance.

3/20/2011 9:01:19 PM Confusing biblical stories  
hands214
Fort Worth, TX
63, joined Jan. 2011

I disagree that the bible is not good reading. It has beautiful love poems, epic battles, tales of victory and loss, lots of hot sex.... It's definately on my reading list.

[Edited 3/20/2011 9:01:35 PM ]

3/30/2011 11:43:23 PM Confusing biblical stories  

torisdad
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,637)
Louisville, KY
49, joined Nov. 2008

Quote from logic49:
i'm still trying to figure out what happened to adams first wife. according to the bible
god made man and woman out of dust at the same time. on the very next page he takes one of adams ribs and made woman.

That would be Lilith. I think I spelled it right LOL. That was the nice thing about the aliens that seeded this world. If they didn't get it right the first time, they just made another one of us!

5/2/2011 12:20:25 AM Confusing biblical stories  
desertstar1970
Phelan, CA
47, joined Apr. 2011

Were did cain and abel get their wives?

7/9/2011 10:41:38 AM Confusing biblical stories  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

back then the hot job was sheep herd .......just saying Baaaaa
the GOoD book is more full of holes than a sieve