Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

rubratings

Right after all, if your date hasn t seen your favourite show you can suggest a second date exactly where you watch a couple of episodes with a superior bottle of wine. gay hookup salt lake city This is yet a different way to complement somebody. Consumer Encounter Experiences change the globe. skipthegames wichita falls This query will not only bring a smile on their face but will also boost their ego.

skipthegames login

Hello Uncle Steve, For as extended as I can bear in mind, I ve been a fan of yours and would love to be an audience member on your show. classified ads stockton ca On Christian Connection, users can make detailed profiles, outlining their jobs, political views, dream holiday destinations, favourite films and, of course, religious standpoints. You can block and report yet another user if you really feel their profile is suspicious or if they have acted inappropriately toward you. backpage atlanta listcrawler Seriously tho, don t take it seriously, just be typical & just see it as a way of meeting individuals you could not of run into otherwise.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/20/2011 9:01:38 AM God fearing...  

dalek1971
Over 1,000 Posts (1,657)
Alexandria, VA
46, joined Apr. 2011

I keep seeing profiles with God Fearing..

I would have more respect and interest in the profiles if they said God Loving...

Maybe it is just me....

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/20/2011 11:58:02 AM God fearing...  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

A god worthy of worship should not have to be feared.

5/20/2011 3:59:26 PM God fearing...  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from gjlover:
A god worthy of worship should not have to be feared.

That is my thought as well. Why would or should any religious person fear the god they supposedly love and is said to love them? Doesn't make much sense does it?

5/22/2011 8:37:50 PM God fearing...  
muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,041)
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008

Makes just as much sense as the rest of it when you stop to
think about it.

5/22/2011 8:44:22 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,679)
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from dalek1971:
I keep seeing profiles with God Fearing..

I would have more respect and interest in the profiles if they said God Loving...

Maybe it is just me....

And I wouldn't respect any of those profiles...since believing in god is equal to ignorance...and I don't respect ignorance.

5/23/2011 1:52:49 PM God fearing...  
freethinker2112
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,651)
Bentonville, AR
50, joined Sep. 2008

I think the word fear in this instance is more like in awe of.

5/24/2011 6:14:03 AM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from freethinker2112:
I think the word fear in this instance is more like in awe of.

regardless of the meaning they use..this word is as idiotic as is the whole concept of god.

5/24/2011 8:56:17 AM God fearing...  
exploringsite
Arlington, TX
78, joined May. 2011

I just signed on to this site. I read your posts and, believe me, if you talked to me, you'd be preaching to the choir. BUT, you almost seem angry about those who feel the opposite of the way we do. If someone chooses to believe that Superman or Santa are real, I'd think that they were nuts, but I wouldn't get angry. Why should their illogical beliefs that don't directly effect me matter to me? Answer: they don't.

5/24/2011 4:43:39 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from exploringsite:
I just signed on to this site. I read your posts and, believe me, if you talked to me, you'd be preaching to the choir. BUT, you almost seem angry about those who feel the opposite of the way we do. If someone chooses to believe that Superman or Santa are real, I'd think that they were nuts, but I wouldn't get angry. Why should their illogical beliefs that don't directly effect me matter to me? Answer: they don't.

Yes, in a sense, I am angry with them. Not because they chose to believe in an imaginary guy but because their way of thinking slows mankind's development. See the difference?

5/25/2011 2:41:40 PM God fearing...  
onlythegonely
Rome, GA
68, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from exploringsite:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH!!! BUT IT 'SHOULD' MATTER TO YOU WHAT THEY BELIEVE!!!!

i'm sorry but IT DOES effect you and the rest of us. they are shoving their beliefs
down our throat in the form of LAWS..

churches don't pay taxes so we have to pay MORE,ITS THE LAW!

some places can't sell alcohol on sunday. you can't buy a beer on sunday in these
places.
WHY? its the LAW!

i have even had to stop on a main highway so church goers can get out of the parking lot. WHY"" because theres a cop (paid for by tax money) stopping trafic. ITS THE LAW!!

i'm sure i could think of dozens more if i thought about it..but i'm sure you get the drift.

but the fact is, their stupid beliefs effects all of us in one form or another.

as much as we want to think there is a seperation of church and state. THERE"S NOT!!

why do you think we can't have a atheist president?? answer.. because religion RUNS
THIS COUNTRY...and that directly effects ME....YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE..

religion = illogical beliefs
so don't think their beliefs don't directly effect you.

if it didn't matter what they believed there would be no need for atheist orginazations.

i'm not bashing you. just trying to explain why i think your post is wrong.JMO..

i'm in a bit of a hurry, hope this makes sense....

5/26/2011 2:54:10 AM God fearing...  

forkspoon
Louisville, CO
46, joined Mar. 2011

I think "God fearing" is idiomatic and can mean lots of things, not just a tendency to hide under the bed from some invisible bearded dude. I get the impression, though, that usually it's used as some sort of guarantee that they're not going to fark you over, because God will get 'em back.

Actually, that seems like a pretty good ploy. I wonder what would happen if I put "FSM-fearing" in my profile?

Quote from duchessa:
Yes, in a sense, I am angry with them. Not because they chose to believe in an imaginary guy but because their way of thinking slows mankind's development. See the difference?

I agree that it slows mankind's development, but I'm not sure what the hurry is. We have a few billion more years before the sun blows up.

5/26/2011 11:07:41 AM God fearing...  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from forkspoon:
I agree that it slows mankind's development, but I'm not sure what the hurry is. We have a few billion more years before the sun blows up.

That may be true, but we may only have a few decades before the planet can not sustain our current population, much less all the people we will have then. We are currently using 40% of the resources of the planet, as in vegetation, animals, water and other resources, while we only make up 1% of the bioforms on the planet.

As long as people think the earth is stepping stone to some higher astrial plane, they will keep shitting on the planet as they think they are just passing through.

5/26/2011 3:40:19 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from forkspoon:

Quote from duchessa:

Well, their stupidity hampers, among other things, the medical progress...and that, my dear fellow country man, affects me now.

5/27/2011 12:34:50 AM God fearing...  

forkspoon
Louisville, CO
46, joined Mar. 2011

Sure, I get what you two are saying, and it strikes me as a good idea to encourage change, but getting angry seems pointless. Humans aren't "supposed to be" smart. They aren't "supposed to be" anything. The species has become intelligent enough to dominate the planet, but not enough to work together to manage it as a limited resource. Or maybe it's not even intelligence that we're lacking, but we just have the wrong temperament. Evolutionary pressures shaped us to have some natural balance between acting for the good of the self, immediate relatives, and the larger society. It was the right temperament at the time. Just because times have changed, it doesn't mean we're "supposed" to adapt and change. We simply either will or won't.

I think it's incredible that we've gotten as far as we have, given that we're essentially the same species as we were 20,000 years ago. What purpose would it possibly have served back then to be intellectually capable of, for example, understanding and using calculus, when calculus hadn't even been invented yet? We got lucky and developed brains that were adaptable enough to form the society that we have today, even though this society didn't even exist yet.

I don't know if I'm making my point very well. I'm not saying we should just sit back and let bad things happen, but the odds are, bad things are going to happen anyway. We may be adaptable to change our course enough to avoid some of these things, but probably not all of them. Being able to steer our course as well as we already do and to progress at the rate that we already are is pretty spectacular to me. For people to not throw off religion immediately just because a few people are asking them to doesn't make me any angrier than pandas make me for not figuring out how to live in other places and eat something besides bamboo.

5/27/2011 6:31:56 AM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from forkspoon:
Sure, I get what you two are saying, and it strikes me as a good idea to encourage change, but getting angry seems pointless. ...

Plain & simple...When their ignorance jeopardizes my life not only I get angry but I tell them to stuff it as well. No, don't worry, when I defend my causes in the proper arena I show my anger in a constructive way.

5/27/2011 2:36:50 PM God fearing...  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from forkspoon:
I think it's incredible that we've gotten as far as we have, given that we're essentially the same species as we were 20,000 years ago. What purpose would it possibly have served back then to be intellectually capable of, for example, understanding and using calculus, when calculus hadn't even been invented yet? We got lucky and developed brains that were adaptable enough to form the society that we have today, even though this society didn't even exist yet.

Just because the knowledge did not exist, does not mean that 20,000 years ago we could not have learned what know now. I have seen no research on cognitive brain development over the last 20 Millenia (does anyone?).

What I find surprising is how little we have progressed as a society in the last few hundred years. I was browsing through the London Times from the 1600's back in college and in reading the articles and editorials, other than some word usage, and technology mentioned, these same articles could have been written today. They had the same concerns, the same fears, the same issues that we have today. I was belly laughing on the editiorial that was written about how Teenagers will be the death of society because they do nothing like their elders did.

Sure there should be similarities, as we are still people in the same social structures. But, we, as a species, still plan, train and develop new ways to kill fellow humans? We as a species still think that tommorrow is the only day to worry and so what about the long term consequences of our actions.

5/27/2011 8:13:55 PM God fearing...  

forkspoon
Louisville, CO
46, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from gjlover:
Just because the knowledge did not exist, does not mean that 20,000 years ago we could not have learned what know now. I have seen no research on cognitive brain development over the last 20 Millenia (does anyone?).

That's what I was trying to say. If you could go back 20,000 years and kidnap a newborn and adopt it out to a modern family, it'd probably turn out pretty normal, both physically and mentally. I apologize if you thought I was implying the opposite.

6/8/2011 8:08:06 PM God fearing...  
mad1378
Enid, OK
39, joined Jun. 2011

I think the term God fearing or fear God is misunderstood, to fear God means to respect God, to be religious means a person follows daily routine of a religion, I say the only thing I do religiously is pee.

6/8/2011 10:38:21 PM God fearing...  
muldoon1959
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008

I'll have to disagree with the 20,000 year old kidnapping idea.
It's a quaint notion that humans have always had the capacity to learn,
and that they just didn't have the knowledge.
Personally, I just think that this is just a nice crutch for people who refuse to
believe that we've evolved into more than what we started from.
If the intelligence was actually there, I think there would have been a richer
legacy.
Intelligence is more that language, writing and numbers on a page.
It’s also art. People learned to draw pictures long before they learned to
write, and maybe even develop a working language.
If our ancestors had the intelligence, I think they would have left behind
more masterful works of art.

Even in modern times, there are people that simply don’t have the capacity to learn.
No matter how hard you try, they just aren’t going to get it.

Granted, we don’t have the ability to go back in time 20,000 years, but even if we
did, I don’t believe that you’d find the genius’s that you believe we’d find.

6/10/2011 4:12:21 PM God fearing...  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

There was Art back then, Cave Drawings and Paintings mostly is what survived. I don't remember how far back those have been dated, but I remember 14,000 years for some. Could be wrong, don't have time to google.

As you say the art would have been good, maybe it was but the technology was not there to create the materials that artists have today to work with. So, they had chalks and stone dust and scratchings to work with.

So, we do have art from before most civilizations to analyze and ponder what they were thinking about.

6/10/2011 8:23:22 PM God fearing...  
muldoon1959
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008

I know thay had art.
Even though the materials were crude,
they still look like they were drawn by 6 year olds.
That's what I mean by they would have left a richer legacy.

6/10/2011 9:01:39 PM God fearing...  
illegalpo0p
Valdosta, GA
35, joined Jun. 2009

Ive always thought of it as meaning...being controlled by their God. Fear=control

[Edited 6/10/2011 9:02:08 PM ]

6/12/2011 1:59:41 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from illegalpo0p:
Ive always thought of it as meaning...being controlled by their God. Fear=control

That's what it means to me..."to behave in a way that would not upset god..to avoid punishment..."

People can be extremely stupid.

6/16/2011 8:06:33 PM God fearing...  
mad1378
Enid, OK
39, joined Jun. 2011

the definition of fear is 1.anticipation of misfortune or pain: the state of being afraid.2. something dreaded.3.anxiety.4. reverent awe,as of GOD. the definition of reverent is 1. respectful. 2. devout.the definition of control exercise power over:restraint 2. regulate or manage. keyword of the defintion of fear as when speaking of God is reverent which means respect,but everyone has their own opinion of how God works and what he stands for. whatever floats your boat is what I say.

6/16/2011 10:57:06 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from mad1378:
the definition of fear is 1.anticipation of misfortune or pain: the state of being afraid.2. something dreaded.3.anxiety.4. reverent awe,as of GOD. the definition of reverent is 1. respectful. 2. devout.the definition of control exercise power over:restraint 2. regulate or manage. keyword of the defintion of fear as when speaking of God is reverent which means respect,but everyone has their own opinion of how God works and what he stands for. whatever floats your boat is what I say.

You forgot one definition...the one for arrogance; don't worry, it can be found in your post.

6/17/2011 8:22:40 AM God fearing...  
muldoon1959
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008

Mad's response shouldn't really be all that surprizing.
Picking and choosing definitiions isn't all that different
from picking and choosing scriptures.

6/17/2011 12:26:48 PM God fearing...  

metalpirate
Saint Louis, MO
30, joined Apr. 2011

Maybe, just for the sake of lulz, we should make a running joke on non-theist profiles that each of us is "a squirrel fearing man." Or that we were "raised to be squirrel fearing (insert political ideology of parents here)"

6/17/2011 5:05:04 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from muldoon1959:
Mad's response shouldn't really be all that surprizing.
Picking and choosing definitiions isn't all that different
from picking and choosing scriptures.

The only exculpatory thing for her is that while vdefinitions are useful scriptures are bull shit.

6/17/2011 5:06:16 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from metalpirate:
Maybe, just for the sake of lulz, we should make a running joke on non-theist profiles that each of us is "a squirrel fearing man." Or that we were "raised to be squirrel fearing (insert political ideology of parents here)"

Lady, I may fear a squirrel...but I am not a man.

6/17/2011 10:23:59 PM God fearing...  
mad1378
Enid, OK
39, joined Jun. 2011

well Thank You ma'am for sharing what you feel to be your belief. Like I said whatever floats your boat what keeps ya going keeps ya going.

6/18/2011 4:56:15 AM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from mad1378:
well Thank You ma'am for sharing what you feel to be your belief. Like I said whatever floats your boat what keeps ya going keeps ya going.

Totita, I don't believe.

BTW, the only thing floating here is your brain...and in a foggy cloud.

6/18/2011 9:57:52 AM God fearing...  
diane832
Union City, MI
65, joined May. 2011

I was raised in a very fundamently Christain family. I was always sceptical until I finaly realized people do not always believe what they say they do. If you want to see what a person really believes eatch how he lives. Very few so-called-Christains truly live what they say they believe.
Also, I would fear a god who was as vengeful as the god of the Old Testament, not respect but fearwhat would be done to me if I screwed up somehow.

6/20/2011 8:15:22 PM God fearing...  
mad1378
Enid, OK
39, joined Jun. 2011

I agree with you on the first part that is so true.you have a point on the last part,thanks for that opinion of what you believe.

6/21/2011 3:46:55 PM God fearing...  

toollmann29
Revere, MA
37, joined Jun. 2011

i never really believed in god but when my mom died when i was 9 i lost it even more... then jan 23rd 09 i had a massive heart attack and died for 18 minutes and saw absolutely nothing that really did it for me.. we just exist thats all.. all religion is are fairy tales.. i think the bible is just a book of morals to keep people inline ... people tell me well god exist cause how else did u come back to life there is some reason.. and i tell them i lived cause there was millions of dollars of education working on me lol

6/27/2011 2:36:04 AM God fearing...  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

Fear is a way to get the masses to conform to the will of the powers that be (christian or king or the nazis or the I.R.S.)it is a way to control a group of people
christians want you to fear god
muslims want you to fear allah
feudal kings wanted their subjects to fear them
enough said for now

interesting opinions expressed by all

6/27/2011 2:08:29 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

OT....

Would you feel insulted if a person, who knows you are an Atheist, dares to write to you "I hope God will illuminate you"?

A colleague, who knows very well I am an Atheist, wrote said words -and in Spanish- on the Good Bye card the other teachers prepared for me.
It's beyond my comprehension why a person attempts to vest his/her beliefs on others. I am very upset.

Just venting

6/27/2011 7:14:50 PM God fearing...  
illegalpo0p
Valdosta, GA
35, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from duchessa:
OT....

Would you feel insulted if a person, who knows you are an Atheist, dares to write to you "I hope God will illuminate you"?

A colleague, who knows very well I am an Atheist, wrote said words -and in Spanish- on the Good Bye card the other teachers prepared for me.
It's beyond my comprehension why a person attempts to vest his/her beliefs on others. I am very upset.

Just venting

Nope, I wouldnt feel insulted because I dont believe in a god so I know I cant be illuminated by something that I dont believe exists. Plus, I dont give a shit about other peoples opinions, but will listen to their ideas and choose what I think is valuable information.

I'm pretty used to society trying to force their beliefs on everyone, so when someone says something like what was said on your card, or that they'll pray for me...I just brush it off. They can try to shove all their BS in my face but I chose to believe whatever I want, and no one will change that.

[Edited 6/27/2011 7:16:34 PM ]

6/27/2011 9:06:45 PM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

illegalpo0p

AND they will not change what I feel....

What bothers me is 1)they -a lady this time- feel they have the right to practice the subliminal approach to try to bring back to god's arms whom they see as "the lost sheep"....b) the lack of respect for my way of thinking and the fact I don't try to "atheize" them.

6/28/2011 1:08:57 AM God fearing...  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

Duchessa maybe thats your mistake I find a bit of amusement to offer to nail them to a cross till dead and bury them and if they return from death i will consider their faith proven i am a carpenter for about 50 years and no one has taken me up on my offer yet and they normaly leave me alone after that. I do not know why we cant preach to them the same as they do to us. freedom of religion can be interprited as freedom from religion too

6/28/2011 2:40:19 AM God fearing...  
queenofhearts61
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,962)
Seymour, IN
72, joined Mar. 2007

I do believe that America was started by people that wanted to be free to or not to practice what the believe, even us.

Also, having read the bybull many times, I read a lot more to fear from their god than to love.

[Edited 6/28/2011 2:41:54 AM ]

6/28/2011 5:16:05 AM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kinkaju:
Duchessa maybe thats your mistake I find a bit of amusement to offer to nail them to a cross till dead and bury them and if they return from death i will consider their faith proven i am a carpenter for about 50 years and no one has taken me up on my offer yet and they normaly leave me alone after that. I do not know why we cant preach to them the same as they do to us. freedom of religion can be interprited as freedom from religion too

I will start saying to them "Atheist Love"...each time they attempt to "bring me back to the OK Corral. What they can't accept is I never was in the corral.

The only problem with their stupidity is that my "good bye card" is ruined.

[Edited 6/28/2011 5:18:37 AM ]

6/28/2011 5:17:55 AM God fearing...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Another thing I could do is what i did when I was a child....yes...I could ask them if Jesus was a f*g.

6/28/2011 7:20:56 PM God fearing...  
metalheadmama
Coalinga, CA
28, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from queenofhearts61:
I do believe that America was started by people that wanted to be free to or not to practice what the believe, even us.

Also, having read the bybull many times, I read a lot more to fear from their god than to love.

"Deism in the philosophy of religion is the standpoint that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion, can determine that the universe is a creation and has a creator. Further the term often implies that this supreme being does not intervene in human affairs or suspend the natural laws of the universe. Deists typically reject supernatural events such as prophecy and miracles, tending to assert that a god (or "the Supreme Architect") has a plan for the universe that this god does not alter by (regularly or ever) intervening in the affairs of human life. This idea is also known as the Clockwork universe theory, in which a god designs and builds the universe, but steps aside to let it run on its own. Deists believe in the existence of a god without any reliance on revealed religion, religious authority or holy books. Two main forms of deism currently exist: classical deism and modern deism.

The earliest known usage in print of the English term "deist" is 1621,[3] and "deism" is first found in a 1675 dictionary.[4][5] Deism became more prominent in the 17th and 18th centuries during the Age of Enlightenment — especially in Britain, France, Ireland and North America — mostly among those raised as Christians who found they could not believe in supernatural miracles, the inerrancy of scriptures, or the Trinity, but who did believe in one God. The Founding Fathers of the United States were heavily influenced by Enlightenment philosophies, and it is generally believed that many of them were deists.[6]"