Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames hookups

If you are working with apps like Booking, do take advantage of the discounts with much more hotel bookings. free chat georgia The Supreme Court showdown more than Biden s vaccine policies, explained Biden s vaccination policies could save thousands of lives. The list under offers a couple of examples of some popular stories or suspicious behaviors scammers could use to build trust and sympathy so they can manipulate an additional user in an unhealthy way. what are canadian girls like There are so lots of wonderful and engaging activities speed dating, pub quizzes and cookery classes are some of the couple of offerings.

meag personal

It took me some practise to figure it out. winter haven singles I have been in and out of relationships, one evening stands, close friends with positive aspects, nevertheless online is a new ground to me. Luckily, one particular of those girls happened to be Alyssa. speed dating halle When it may appear tempting to come up with a charming opening or even make a joke as an opening line when meeting someone in particular person for a initially date, Kederian says it s superior to just be your self.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/26/2011 3:04:51 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

forkspoon
Louisville, CO
46, joined Mar. 2011

I originally chose "agnostic" in my profile, and was not allowed to post here, so I changed it to "not religious."

Is there a reason why agnostics are excluded from this group, or is this an oversight? I mean, if I'm not welcome, no worries, I can leave. I'd like to change my profile back to "agnostic," since that's the choice I most identified with, but it just seems strange to me that I can't post here.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/26/2011 11:00:51 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

You can post in other groups, if you can get to the page. What you could do, is make a favorite to this page, then change your religon on your profile. Only you would have to use your Browser Favorites to get to the section.

Not sure if the DH forum software will add this section to your DH favorites after post here a couple of times as they do with other sections if you are not flagged to post here.

If you log off DH, then you can see all the groups so you can add them to your browser favorites without changing your profile.

However, Agnostics should be put on the list to be able to post here. Maybe send Dustin a message and ask him if that could be changed in the Forum Settings.

[Edited 5/26/2011 11:04:01 AM ]

5/26/2011 5:45:10 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
alcapwn
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,357)
Bristol, VA
31, joined May. 2011

Agnostics are basically Atheists, without the balls.

5/26/2011 11:07:06 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

forkspoon
Louisville, CO
46, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from alcapwn:

Yes, because the testes are the organ most strongly associated with wisdom and intelligence....

5/26/2011 11:14:38 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

forkspoon
Louisville, CO
46, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from gjlover:
You can post in other groups, if you can get to the page. What you could do, is make a favorite to this page, then change your religon on your profile. Only you would have to use your Browser Favorites to get to the section.

Not sure if the DH forum software will add this section to your DH favorites after post here a couple of times as they do with other sections if you are not flagged to post here.

If you log off DH, then you can see all the groups so you can add them to your browser favorites without changing your profile.

However, Agnostics should be put on the list to be able to post here. Maybe send Dustin a message and ask him if that could be changed in the Forum Settings.

I could get to this group without changing my profile; I just had to search for it. I could read topics just fine, but I couldn't post to it.

I have no idea how this site work. Dustin does everything himself?

7/12/2011 1:46:04 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

personaly I think agnostics should be welcomed in this forum because they have expressed a doubt about religious dogma and they need to research further and this is 1 avenue to take towards becoming educated...you can't make informed decisions without information.
JMHO welcome agnostics lets discuss theology
come on in forkspoon glad to have you here

[Edited 7/12/2011 1:47:56 PM ]

7/12/2011 3:07:32 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
freethinker2112
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,651)
Bentonville, AR
50, joined Sep. 2008

Quote from alcapwn:

Actually Agnostic is the only intellectually honest way to be.
No one can say there absolutely is no god, just as no one can say there absolutely is, there is no absolute evidence either way.
I use Atheist so people don't think I think it's a 50/50 chance.

7/12/2011 6:38:06 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from freethinker2112:
Actually Agnostic is the only intellectually honest way to be.
No one can say there absolutely is no god, just as no one can say there absolutely is, there is no absolute evidence either way.
I use Atheist so people don't think I think it's a 50/50 chance.

your 100 percent right freethinker

7/12/2011 8:55:04 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
funches
Chicago, IL
62, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from forkspoon:
I originally chose "agnostic" in my profile, and was not allowed to post here, so I changed it to "not religious."

Is there a reason why agnostics are excluded from this group, or is this an oversight? I mean, if I'm not welcome, no worries, I can leave. I'd like to change my profile back to "agnostic," since that's the choice I most identified with, but it just seems strange to me that I can't post here.

that's because an Agnostic has a belief in God and therefore falls into the same classification of being "Religious" except an Agnostic might not attempt to use faith to delude themselves that no proof is proof, Pascal's Wager would best describe what Agnosticism is about

7/21/2011 9:33:18 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from funches:
that's because an Agnostic has a belief in God and therefore falls into the same classification of being "Religious" except an Agnostic might not attempt to use faith to delude themselves that no proof is proof, Pascal's Wager would best describe what Agnosticism is about

I think you are right agnostics have taken the first step towards reason but they want to hedge their bet.
they are part way down the path just one step away from where they want to be.

7/21/2011 11:47:00 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
arkiebama
Union Grove, AL
68, joined Jun. 2011

i think all atheist that was once religious has gone through a time of agnosticism
all ex-christians has gone through a stage of "i'm not sure".

i don't know of anybody that went to bed a christian and woke up a atheist.

it like driving a car,, you have to ''slow down'' before you can come to a complete stop.

its just a natural transition. for those who were raised atheist didn't have to go through this transition. jmo

7/28/2011 12:43:27 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

forkspoon
Louisville, CO
46, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from funches:

I don't know about that. I don't think it's possible to know whether God or gods exist, much less the nature of such beings, if they did exist. I would side with Epicurus on this one: if they exist, they don't interact with us, and we don't interact with them, so they're irrelevant. I would even go further and say I tend to believe they don't exist at all, since it makes no sense to me to believe in things just because you "can't prove they don't exist." I would say that this qualifies me as "not religious."

But even if I did tend to believe there were a God or gods, I don't think that would make me "religious." By way of analogy, I have no qualms describing myself as "not political," though I believe that there is a president, and senators, and congressmen. I simply have little interest in politics, and I tend to get annoyed whenever I have to listen to any discussions on it.

7/28/2011 1:53:31 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

I would not be surprised if it turns out there was/is a concious force responsible for all this. However I would be very surprised if it concerned itself about our daily activities and thoughts. I have said it before, if there is a force, it is like an absent minded gardner. Here is your primordial soup, have fun evolving.

I mean I don't expect the tomatoes in my garden to worship me, but I did provide them the path to life. Until I harvest and compost them that is.

7/28/2011 1:41:53 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,679)
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from forkspoon:
Yes, because the testes are the organ most strongly associated with wisdom and intelligence....

dear, I don't have testes and I can assure you I am extremely intelligent...So, don't be a chauvinistic Atheist.

7/28/2011 1:43:03 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kinkaju:
personaly I think agnostics should be welcomed in this forum

I too believe they should be allowed.

[Edited 7/28/2011 1:44:33 PM ]

7/29/2011 12:04:56 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
funches
Chicago, IL
62, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from forkspoon:
I don't know about that. I don't think it's possible to know whether God or gods exist, much less the nature of such beings, if they did exist.

isn't that why you're an Agnostic

I would side with Epicurus on this one: if they exist, they don't interact with us, and we don't interact with them, so they're irrelevant.

wouldn't Epicurus's statement also apply to Leprechuans

I would even go further and say I tend to believe they don't exist at all, since it makes no sense to me to believe in things just because you "can't prove they don't exist." I would say that this qualifies me as "not religious."

it's the fact that you claim to be Agnostic that makes you religious and which further contradicts your statement that "you tend to believe they don't exist" because in your statement you claim that you "don't think it's possible to know"

But even if I did tend to believe there were a God or gods, I don't think that would make me "religious."

God and religion goes hand in hand you can't have one without the other

if you believe in God then you either believe that your possible creator handed down rules or didn't bother to hand down rules for his/her/it creations to live by...the rules or lack of rules (Anarchy)is what constitutes as being the Religion

By way of analogy, I have no qualms describing myself as "not political," though I believe that there is a president, and senators, and congressmen. I simply have little interest in politics, and I tend to get annoyed whenever I have to listen to any discussions on it.

if you label yourself as being "not political" and get annoyed with political discussions then why would you want to find ways to post in a political forum

7/31/2011 2:25:23 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
grignon
Warrenville, IL
60, joined Oct. 2010

There have been many sects of different religions that were Gnostic; That believed intuitive knowledge "gnosis" was the route to understanding the deity(s). The US has been a hotbed for this since it was settled by europeans. All of the schisms, from snake handling missions in Kentucky to Mormonism were gnostic heresies. IE a founder received a revelation from god about the "true" way to worship.

In many ways, the established religious powers like RCs, Baptists, Muslims and now Mormons are agnostic. Personal revelation is unnecessary. They teach that salvation is achieved by following a well prescribed formula.

So agnosticism doesn't preclude a strong, even virulent belief in an intervening deity.

Personally, the possibilities that gods don't exist or they're just hiding from me are about equal.
But since I've never seen evidence for a transcendent soul, the religious arguments are moot.

So I guess I'm non-spiritual.

8/15/2011 4:53:49 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

forkspoon
Louisville, CO
46, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
dear, I don't have testes and I can assure you I am extremely intelligent...So, don't be a chauvinistic Atheist.

You obviously missed the sarcasm. If agnostics "don't have the balls" to be atheists, it doesn't move me to become one, because I'm not going to make decisions based on the influence of my testes.

I'm not sure how well I'm persuaded by your assurances, given how badly you missed my point, but I can assure you that my assessment of your intelligence is unrelated to your testes or lack thereof.

Quote from funches:
wouldn't Epicurus's statement also apply to Leprechuans

Sure. Why not? If someone were to start talking my ear off about leprechauns, I'd probably address it the same way, but so far, it just hasn't come up.

Quote from funches:
if you label yourself as being "not political" and get annoyed with political discussions then why would you want to find ways to post in a political forum

Is this an analogy based on me having posted a couple times on the religion forum? Okay, I'll bite. I used to be religious. I was raised in a religious family. I get to hear about all this stuff frequently, so sometimes I end up going over things in my head about how I'd want to explain that it's bullshit.

As for politics, I pretty much avoid discussions about that completely. If I had to hear a lot of chatter about it, I might get more riled up and feel like talking about it, just to get it off my chest. I have no qualms, as I said before, about labeling myself as "not political," but this has nothing to do with whether I believe politics exists.

I strongly disagree with your statement that belief in God goes hand in hand with religion. For example, Buddhism is a religion, and they don't believe in God, as far as I understand it. Likewise, there are plenty of people who believe that there is a God, but he's largely indifferent to us and hasn't set down any rules for us. It's pretty hard to arrive at some formal set of doctrines and practices based on that. The lack of rules that ensues from believing in an indifferent God is the same lack of rules that ensues from not believing in God in the first place; if it's a religion, then so is Atheism.

8/15/2011 4:25:32 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

forkspoon

And I can assure you i didn't miss but ignored the sarcasm in your post.

8/19/2011 9:46:16 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
funches
Chicago, IL
62, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from forkspoon:
I strongly disagree with your statement that belief in God goes hand in hand with religion. For example, Buddhism is a religion, and they don't believe in God, as far as I understand it.

Buddhism is not a religion it's a philosophy, a religion makes reference to a supernatural God...a philosophy makes reference to Man being God which explains one of the reasons why Christianity is split into different sects...because some believe that a Man named Jesus Christ is God which makes thoses sects of Christianity a Philosophy and others believe that Jesus was only the son and that Yahweh a supernatural entity called The Father is God which in turn makes those denominations of Christianity a religion

Likewise, there are plenty of people who believe that there is a God, but he's largely indifferent to us and hasn't set down any rules for us. It's pretty hard to arrive at some formal set of doctrines and practices based on that.

not really....you believe in a God for a reason ...for an Agnostic to claim that they believe in a God simply because they are not sure if one exist, only points to a lack of faith not disbelief

The lack of rules that ensues from believing in an indifferent God is the same lack of rules that ensues from not believing in God in the first place;

there are no rules until one enters "a belief in God" into the equation ...God either handed down rules in the form of commandments or he didn't hand down any rules which points to Anarchy....

if it's a religion, then so is Atheism.

religion deals with faith...Atheism doesn't

8/20/2011 4:09:42 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from forkspoon:
if it's a religion, then so is Atheism.

Sure...and natural baldness is a hair style.

8/20/2011 8:38:04 AM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  
linuxd
Over 2,000 Posts (2,687)
Jonesboro, AR
49, joined Dec. 2010

belief in the existence of a god makes about as much sense in belief in existence of square circles. Both are impossible and self contradictory.

[Edited 8/20/2011 8:39:55 AM ]

8/20/2011 1:14:43 PM Agnostics not "not religious" enough for this group?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from linuxd:
belief in the existence of a god makes about as much sense in belief in existence of square circles. Both are impossible and self contradictory.

Unfortunately. all the logic in your words is not widely perceived.