Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www skipthegames

When you arrive, write your favorite dating story on our casual confessions slips, anonymously. dallas lynn ladder theory And if you match with an individual, you can continue to view their Stories and then even use that to spark a conversation, which takes location in the app. I could tell he was annoyed that I wasn t falling all over him following hearing his bragging. nyc bedpage No sparks but we did talk about All the things even though.

megapersnals

In addition to offering community forums, mentoring, and health related data, Poz. oshkosh singles I thanked him for the intriguing evening and he went in for a kiss and I about ran away to get in my car or truck. I went on a second date with a guy and he wanted to cook me dinner, so we went to the supermarket to buy the components. citasconlatinas reviews Someone who can assume ahead is extremely appealing indeed.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2, 3
3/12/2008 5:25:19 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

easygoin68
Crawford, NE

My ex called me last week, told me that the school was pushing Guardasill vaccinations for the sixth grade girls. WTF! She also went on to say that this vaccine was designed to protect against 4 types of HPV. She consulted our family doctor, he said the most common cause of HPV is the skin cells deposited on the female, by the male during sex. Okay, didn't
know that. Also told my ex that the more partners a woman has, the higher the risk. The only protection is the vaccination. Shouldn't that be up to are daughter? The problem is the more sex partners the higher the risk, then by vaccinating would we not be telling her that promiscuity, is okay? That she is protected?

I want my daughter protected. Shouldn't she be older and more informed, and have a say in the decision? Okay, sound off. I would like some opinions.

3/12/2008 7:14:36 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

kel529
Keene, NH

I was uncertain too when my 14 year old went and was told she should have it. It's a new vaccination and I don't know if all the facts have been proven yet. The way I looked at it is it is supposed to help prevent diseases, so I would rather be safe than sorry. I don't think it promotes or "condones" them having sex, but rather helps to prevent future problems. It's like any other vaccination, it prevents the child from getting something.

3/12/2008 7:34:16 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  
adelinesmother
Fremont, NE

I think at your daughter's young age she doesnt quite even understand what the vaccine
is protecting her for. I think that the message that her parents send to her every day and over the years — about respect, responsibility, judgement and the boundaries of appropriate sexual behavior — count for more than the implicit suggestion of a single vaccine. My daughter is 5, but i feel that i would have her vacinated as a teenager, because it protects her as she gets older.

[Edited 3/12/2008 7:35:22 PM]

3/12/2008 8:26:04 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

easygoin68
Crawford, NE

I was reading the paper this evening, an AP story caught my attention "Study finds at least one in four teen girls has a sexually transmitted disease". Providing a good role model is extremely important in this day and age. So, it is important to educate children to make intelligent choices. My daughter will have all the insight I can provide. I'll pray for the best.

3/13/2008 4:37:51 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

hazeleyes1964
Erie, PA

Hi all. I have an 11yr old daughter and have decided to wait a few more years. The vaccine is fairly new and I want to hold off. Would also like her to be a little older.

3/14/2008 6:34:00 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

ge0ge0
Tallahassee, FL

I wouldn't trust vaccines as far as I could shove them up big pharma's rear ends. My daughter (3) has not had one immunization yet and she's healthy and so alive. Something is seriously wrong with immunizations these days.

3/14/2008 9:15:41 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

easygoin68
Crawford, NE

Well said ge0. The side effect for something marginally effective, seems...well risky.

3/17/2008 6:05:55 AM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  
nancy2
Baltimore, MD

My 13 year old just had her yearly check up and the doc said if the girl is not at risk to wait. ( not running with boys)

3/17/2008 7:15:07 AM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  
wildgypsy
Bellevue, WA

Well, considering this is supposed to prevent some cerivcal cancers, my daughter will be getting it. Already a history of it in the family, along with other cancers, so would just be stupid not to in her case. As far as what age, give me a break! 11, uh, no, shouldn't be necessary, but if it would be given along with the rest (seem to remember it being a series of shots though) and would be like getting it all over with at once kind of thing, sure. But make a special appointment just for that at that age, no. IMO, even at almost 15, my daughter is far from the age of becoming sexually active, and she agrees. So, we still have a few years for her to get it done.

3/18/2008 7:05:46 AM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

awakeing
Walled Lake, MI

My daughter started her Gardacel series this year. All types of cancer run in my family.
Lung, brain, breast, pancreas, ovarian, I've seen them all in my family members both male and female. Before she went we had long talk. I made sure to point out why this was needed. Men are the carriers. They never show symptoms. They easily pass it on the girl/woman and while she will show no symptoms it slowly destroys her reproductive organs.
This is not giving her permission to have sex. This protects against cancer, she can still get pregnant. The responsibility of arming our children for life starts with us.
Most girls who have sex early are looking to fill that need of being loved and having value to someone. So missing dad and mother play into that need for a boy's attention.

If you don't want your child having sex early I feel the cure is a simple one.....
You instill value into her by showing her everyday her worth to you. That means you give her your time and love, you talk with her everyday, you give her a hug everyday, you talk about her future everyday. You explore with her what it is that she thinks she wants out of life, such as dreams and career goals. You watch closely the type of friends she keeps. You put her into other active groups such as dance, sports, writing clubs, debate clubs, whatever she is into. You find ways to help her express herself that are positive and healthy for her.

Everyday make a point to teach her a family value. Whether it's about the environment, a social responsibility, a spiritual insight.

I tell my daughter often..."Your parents loved you first, because you are a gift from God. Your talents and beautiful soul are the light inside you, what you do with that light inside you is your gift back to God and our joy as parents to see you shine.
Only a healthy man who really loves you will feel and want the same for you."

It really starts now, because once they are 18-19 they have to be free to make their own choices. It's up to us to arm them now for the life ahead of them.

Yes if you give them value, they will never seek that value from a "bad boy" they'll be able to spot a "good guy" and cherish him.

3/18/2008 8:31:23 AM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  
wildgypsy
Bellevue, WA

I fully agree with awakening, how you raise them is the best birth control, if you do it properly.

3/18/2008 4:54:28 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

easygoin68
Crawford, NE

Awakening, a lot of people don't get it. I maintain that 80% of childrens problems can be eliminated by being a parent. The relationship that I'm fostering with all 3 of my kids, no matter how bad they mess up, they can count on dad. I agree with you on being a parent. That's why I take them every weekend, and talk on the phone every day. It has payed off, friday morning they tell me "we are ready to come home". Moms house is moms house, dads house is home. My kids will be successful!

But, there is 40 types of HPV. It's only effective on 4 types of HPV. It does include the 2 types that causes about 70% of cervical cancer, and 2 types that cause about 90% of genital warts.
After further discussion with the family doctor, my ex and I have decided to wait until she is 14. I don't think she will be sexually active(I could be wrong)by then. Also, it's still fairly new. Couple more years and we'll know more about any possible side effects.

[Edited 3/18/2008 4:56:40 PM]

3/19/2008 10:50:32 AM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

foxy_woman_49
Omaha, NE

@ 11yrs old I would wait

3/20/2008 6:14:59 AM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  
ginablaze27
Fulton, NY

i have 2 daughters they are 4 & 6.
i don't want to even think of them having sex none the less with someone dirty.

i also have 2 sons 5 & 11.
i've had the speech with my oldest about girls and feelings and what happens.
i have told him,"if a girl says it's okay i'm on the pill"...he needs to wrap 2 condoms on his snake. i told him" if a girl says i don't like to feel the condom" ha ha ...i said tell her she's not worth his time.

so he gets creative and asks me all sorts of questions?

1-what if the condom doesn't fit right?
i put one on my hand and stretched it all the way up to my shoulder.
2-what if you are in the middle of making out and you don't think to grab a condom?
i said to take a good look at his sisters and brother.
3-what if the condom breaks?
you'll be able to feel it break and that's when you should stop
4-what if i don't have any condoms?
when your old enough we will go and get some and you'll have them for when you need them
5-did you use condoms mom?
LOL...i said point blank NOT ALL THE TIME..see the kids running around the house

then he started asking questions that he heard about in school.

1-what if the girl smells down there?
i said " if it smells fishy, no kissy"
2-what if my friends say she's good in bed?
RIGHT THERE PROVES MY POINT.. easy girls carry diseases
3-what if i meet her in a bar?
don't sleep with her just cuz you're drunk. you never know what you'll get yourself into
4-should i stay with her if she gets pregnant?
HELL NO..there's no law stating that you have to be with someone just cuz you have a kid
5-my friends said that sex is fun?
i told him that it can be with the right person,but not to rush it.

i don't know if saying half of these things made any sense to him.
but he knows that he should wait until he is mature enough.
i try to be the mom&dad for all my kids but sometimes with some of these questions i get stumped.

when my girls are all old enough to get this so-called miracle vaccine, i'm pretty sure they will. but for now...a lot of you are correct. at such young ages like 11, 13, 14..etc.
they shouldn't even be thinking about getting a vaccine for sex, none the less want the vaccine.
once they get the vaccine, they will start to think that they can have sex without any worries and that's just not the case by any means.

3/20/2008 3:55:32 PM HPV(Human Papillomaviris) vaccine for 11 year olds?  

easygoin68
Crawford, NE

gina, keep the communication going. with all of your children. if they know that they can have a candid conversation with a parent=maybe they won't get into as much trouble. the way this "wonder vaccine" is being marketed, has me raising an eye brow.

Page: 1, 2, 3