Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

meag personal

But in all honesty, I either tell good stories or he likes my attractive accent. lakeland personals Shortly soon after meeting him, it was apparent that the evening would probably go badly. I had under no circumstances hitch hiked ahead of but I desperately required to get back to the hotel, so I agreed. what happened to battlecam I trawled for hours, but kept coming back to Camille s ad.

mobile listcrawler

Your purpose is to stand out from the crowd, find out if the other person is a very good match for you, and make sure they don t forget you. craigslist redding california free Is the lockdown keeping you from hanging out collectively? You can still take pleasure in a great date even apart—two words Netflix party. If the conversation you re obtaining starts to take an uncomfortable turn, it is okay to disconnect the chat. single dad bumble profile Therefore our projects related to employment, promotion, and our round tables about other approaches to science as new professions in the field.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/18/2008 8:40:15 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
mare29
Windsor, ON
58, joined Feb. 2008

I don't think pictures help ,I think they get in the way of meeting the right person. People naturally go for the most attractive person to them ,but that person may not be the best person for them. I would prefer to get to know a person before I ever see a picture of them. If I get to know someone and feel I can trust them enough I will send a picture. I would not want someone to contact me because they like my picture or vise versa.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/18/2008 8:42:55 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
pegs60
St Thomas, ON
57, joined Mar. 2008

I also find that men want the so called perfect woman. There is no such thing. Why can't people accept people for who they are!

3/18/2008 8:45:33 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
mare29
Windsor, ON
58, joined Feb. 2008

There would be a lot of happy people out there if they would.

3/19/2008 12:36:21 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
pedro_2079
Peterborough, ON
30, joined Feb. 2008

i think its part of our nature. while its not usually a good life choice, people will almost always jump into bed with someone good looking. i guess u can call it humanity's vanity. but seriously, u can have sex with a hottie but the relationship will never evolve from that.

3/19/2008 9:30:04 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
taram
York, ON
48, joined Mar. 2008

I think it sucks that you have to put a photo on...but society is so focused on looks and being perfect that even these sites tell you that if you post a photo you'll get more responses...isn't a list of likes and dislikes, interests enough!?

3/20/2008 7:56:53 AM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  

londen
Ingersoll, ON
67, joined Jan. 2008

Anyone can hide behind a shadow. I like to see the person I am talking, writing to. I think it is human nature to look at someone when you are talking to them. If a person turns away or won't meet your eyes you feel uncomfortable. I think this also applies to e-mail, if there is a shadow, it is like looking away, you wonder what that person is trying to hide. (I do realize that there are dishonest people that post fake pictures).

I think that anyone who bases their idea of romance on looks is going to be very sorry.

3/21/2008 4:35:00 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
tobiano222
Woodstock, ON
64, joined Dec. 2007

Hmm, what's all the concern? I think a pic is a good thing, I like to put a face to the conversation. Initial trust & all that. And just for the record, EVERYBODY knows that beauty is nice but not required! So best have a little confidence, after all, what u see is what u get!

3/21/2008 4:43:43 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  

mspacman1951
Brampton, ON
66, joined Mar. 2008

i

I agree abot photos..no matter to me about size and looks...I just post mine to weed out the pickers..if u dont like what u see u wont contact me...makes it easier for me...

I look for heart and soul...beauty is only skin deep ugliness goes clear to the bone

3/22/2008 11:00:12 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  

dirtrider7
Brantford, ON
51, joined Jan. 2008

Posting a pic is about being honest. "Here's my pic, I've nothing to hide, this is me." There are predatory people who like nothing better than to go on websites and create false personas, then post messages and mess with people. I've had all kinds of messages from african women who live in New York and California. I'm not vain enough to think I'm that attractive so they must have other motives for wanting to hook up with me from California. BTW, they never post a pic. Any bets that half of them are teenage boys getting into daddy's beer and looking for a laugh?
Pics are one more way to find out who is genuine.

3/22/2008 11:09:09 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  

painful_lover
Sault Ste Marie, ON
28, joined Mar. 2008

I think I might have something to do with the judgmental side of a person/people.

4/3/2008 3:24:37 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
killerdwarf
Fort Frances, ON
50, joined Mar. 2008

Why? Too easy of a question. It cuts down on the fake profiles for one. My profile even says "No pic, No reply" for alot of different reasons. I have run into experiences on other sites where the woman had no pic on her profile, and got the old "Sorry,I don't have a pic of myself" line, also telling me that she was single. I did not find out untill later that these women were either married or had a serious b/f and that they were trying to hide the fact that they were cheating on their spouse. I found that out the hard way. I'm not about to do that again. Also, (and lets be honest with each other and to ourselves here) looks do matter to a certain point. Would anyone here date a dirty, lazy, disgusting pig that hasen't washed for a week, but has a good personality? I'm not really into looks myself, but I would like to know that the woman is clean and well kept. It would also be nice to be able to put a face to the person your talking to. This is just my oppinion though.

Thank You,
Good Night,
And drive safely

[Edited 4/3/2008 4:17:30 PM ]

4/3/2008 6:31:37 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  

londen
Ingersoll, ON
67, joined Jan. 2008

Hello mare, pegs, pedro taran tobiano, mspacman, dirtrider, painful and killer dwarf. Welcome to Ontario Chats. I hope you all saw the notice about the Meet and Greet at Turkey Point. It would be lovely to see you there.

Taran - that's a cutie you have in your arms.

Tobiano - hello from a neighbour, as Ingersoll and Woodstock are in the same county.

Re: picture - I noticed that everyone that replied to your thread had a picture, except the poster, interesting?

4/7/2008 6:11:43 AM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
jangel53
Brampton, ON
64, joined Feb. 2008

Be realistic please, you're dating. Attraction is a fact of life. Be your best you, make an effort or don't date. If you go for a job interview, you do not make the rules, you do your best to show how great you are. I'm not buying a car without seeing it first either. These are minor decisions compared to finding a mate. I agree, no pic you are hiding something

4/13/2008 2:05:33 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
chiwawa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,177)
Carleton Place, ON
56, joined Feb. 2008

mare29 I agree with you. Picture is okay but its not everything. I like to read the profile description but many men do not complete that part don't know why its all most like fishing it out of them. and those i try to ignore.

4/13/2008 2:20:30 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
pedro_2079
Peterborough, ON
30, joined Feb. 2008

people come to this site for different reasons. if ur looking for a one night stand of course u won't take the time to know someone's personality or allow them to see ur own. Or if u want a LTR, ul probably put more effort into ur profile.

4/13/2008 10:36:04 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
joyschoice
North York, ON
63, joined Apr. 2008

"I don't think pictures help ,I think they get in the way of meeting the right person. "

Mare, I couldn't agree more. I used to get five hits a week on another dating site when my photo had not been up yet; as soon as I put up a photo, it plummeted to one hit a month.

I don't why that was like that. The site said I should get ten times more hits a month than five less than the median of the next month divided by two, plus five.

Come to think of it, they may have been right, dead on. I'm horrible at math.

4/13/2008 11:09:43 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
pedro_2079
Peterborough, ON
30, joined Feb. 2008

i know what u mean but at least with a picture u know what u could be getting urself into... wouldn't u like to know whether or not this person is attractive to u? no one likes a bad surprise.

4/15/2008 8:39:38 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
goodguy881
Brantford, ON
62, joined Apr. 2008

Personally I prefer a pic given the fact when out in the real world we see face to face those we are attracted to!Given the opportunity to gesture a smile or wink or even engage in conversation.What do we first see but the face in most cases LOL!,but on dating sites alot hide!Not a level playing field for all, and in some cases i can understand there are work related issues etc. but for the majority maybe self esteem,lack of confidence in there appearance!Puzzles me given the fact we are protected from people getting our personal information! Just my opinion and observation correct open to your thoughts as well!

4/15/2008 8:58:45 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
riverwalk
London, ON
56, joined Mar. 2008

Hi! I feel that a picture is more personal. It makes the person real behind the words.
from Riverwalk

4/20/2008 10:39:26 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
bartman59
Orangeville, ON
58, joined Mar. 2008

What's in a picture? I think we all know. We are sensory based creatures. We use all of our senses to evaluate what is in front of us. Leave a piece of the puzzle out and your conclusions will be different. Do you not think that physical attraction also might have something to do with mating?

4/22/2008 3:30:17 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  

maxdiego
Maple, ON
33, joined Apr. 2008

picture atleast gives u an idea of who u might be before meeeting , beileve me .. i have done that with out pic and i dont think i will ever meet someone that wouldnt show there pic before the meeting.. its like u wanna see the merchandise before buying right ? lol

4/24/2008 7:01:52 AM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
darbie59
Whitby, ON
57, joined Feb. 2008

I am a little surprised at this topic.
would you buy a dress with out seeing it, would you buy a house with out seeing it, would you get a gym membership with out checking out the gym. Part of the attraction is what your looking at. I can understand not putting up a picture on profile, but humans are very visual. To those that say looks has nothing to do with it..... poppyc*ck. I think that no picture either means that you dont have one or your not secure about your pictures, and yes im sure there are some that are the exception. You know the saying " A picture is worth a thousand words".

[Edited 4/24/2008 7:02:46 AM ]

4/24/2008 7:36:24 AM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
alipali
Burlington, ON
77, joined Jan. 2008

I think a picture is nice,but having said that ever since I put oictures on my profile I dont get any winks,I guess I have scared them away!!! it is so sad that there are decent people out there but never get the chance to show their worth,anyway lets hope that one day we will all find that special someone.In the meantime everyone keep smiling.
yours in friendship,
Alipali

4/24/2008 2:30:46 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
myneheart
Geraldton, ON
68, joined Feb. 2008

,I visited earlier this morning but didn't chat as I am new on here also and had the most perverted men come on to me and all I am looking for is a man that has moral values and isn't into mind games plus I do think a picture is nice to see .Yes some go for the looks only and can be deceiving but what's in the heart is what counts. Or are there any decent people left with moral values yet.

5/5/2008 1:47:50 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
darbie59
Whitby, ON
57, joined Feb. 2008

Awwwwww come on everyone people don't want pictures because they are looking for perfect people. There is no such thing and we all know it. We also know that appearance makes a impression. That I believe just makes sence. When your looking for a job appearance is important. No one wants a slob representing there company. Nore does anyone want to date a slob. Just because someone passes you by does not mean that your not attractive it means that the person that is passing you by is not attracted. Perhaps you remind them of someone they dont want to be reminded of.
I like for there to be a picture because it is nice to put a face to who your talking to.
If a person is putting everything into looks then the fact that there is no picture only prolongs there decision not to have a relationship with you especially if you do plan to meet one day.

I met a person with out seein his picture before we met, will never ever do that again. It had nothing to do with his face being attractive or not. The guy was slobby, messy, clothes dirty. Was not impressed.

No picture on a dating site is like putting you baby in a baby contest but not putting a picture to go along with it. lol JMO

5/12/2008 9:49:24 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
ters
Woodstock, ON
69, joined Apr. 2008

I also agree, a pic important, so is a decent conversation, pic or not! The majority of the ladies on site would prefer to have a pic, when we are out, we look to see who we are attracted to, not at a blank wall.
Speaking of blanks, I just started this 'puter stuff, no scanner yet.

5/13/2008 7:58:24 AM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  

londen
Ingersoll, ON
67, joined Jan. 2008

So far we have had the following excuses for no picture
1. I want them to appreciate the real me, not just a pretty face.
( Do people who do not post pictures, get opportunities to meet and greet others? )
2. I do not have a recent picture. (Most photo shops will take a picture or pictures and put it on a disc for a minimal cost)
3. I do not have the equipment, scanner etc. (Go to My Computer, open My pictures file, place picture CD in drive, transfer to file)
4. I can't get DHU to download my picture. (Follow the instructions to the letter, if it still won't download, ask advice - there are lots of experts on this site)
5. I don't want anyone at work to know that I am on an internet dating site. (Is anyone at work helping in amy way to find your soulmate? What are they doing on the site, to see or recognize you? What business is it of theirs?)

Not having a picture gives the inpression
1. You have something to hide - you are not who you say you are
2. You are too in secure to post your picture
3. You are not comfortable with the internet dating system
4. You have given up before you have even started.

5/20/2008 11:55:05 AM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
darbie59
Whitby, ON
57, joined Feb. 2008

Pictures are important so one can see who thy are talking to. And it stops people from lying. I met a fella a few weeks ago. He told me that he was cute and average build. When we met he was shorter than myslef looked like a trole with short hair and was more than a few extra lbs that is not average to me. The fact that he was bigger was not the issue, I am overweight myself. It was that he lied. I will never meet anyone again that is a shadow. As well no matter how much we say its what is on the inside that counts there is a degree of appearance that is important. I wouldn't date a man that looked like my dad. Not that my dad is unattractive but ewww who wants to sleep with there dads appearance. I asked a fella once why he passed my my profile. His response was I looked like his ex. Makes sence to me. Pics are important. JMO

[Edited 5/20/2008 11:55:52 AM ]

5/22/2008 11:20:41 AM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
ters
Woodstock, ON
69, joined Apr. 2008

I agree darbie, whenI know people are looking at me, I am very careful on what I say,pride I guess. I would not go to the market, blindfolded, to pick out my produce.

5/25/2008 2:31:28 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
jwp99
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,438)
Sterling, CO
72, joined Apr. 2008

Produce, Ters? First time in my life that I have heard of a woman being called produce.........

Pictures: well, comparing the face in the pic to produce is sort of an iffy chance as well. Tomatoes can be bruised on the bottem.

I forgot: some men do call women tomatoes, EH?

5/25/2008 2:37:11 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
pedro_2079
Peterborough, ON
30, joined Feb. 2008

lol so we do talk the same eh?

5/25/2008 5:16:40 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
ters
Woodstock, ON
69, joined Apr. 2008

jwp...I definitely was not, relating produce to Women, it was strictly a figure of speech. Bad comparison, yes, but sometimes a picture, makes all the difference.

5/25/2008 5:31:35 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
jwp99
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,438)
Sterling, CO
72, joined Apr. 2008

Yes you are right..........I think I have had experience with that......

.....but my dear northern neighbor, it was too good of a comment to pass up.........

[Edited 5/25/2008 6:40:37 PM ]

6/7/2008 1:33:52 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
burnleybabe
Oshawa, ON
44, joined Apr. 2008

All I gotta say about this post is wah, wah, wah. Get real, people!

Visual attraction is first and foremost!

I read it all the time on these forums and the like:

Wah, wah, wah, "I want them to love me for me!"....then don't put a half naked pic of yourself up.

Wah, wah, wah, "Guys just focus on looks"....this is a surprize to you? Studies have shown again and again men are very visual...this is not something that is going to change anytime soon, ladies.

Wah, wah, wah, "Guys are always judging me before they get to know me"...well then they are tossers...don't give them a second thought...move on!

Hey, I ain't no beauty queen and far from a supermodel...but my pic is real. It's what I look like. Why are some people on here ashamed of what they look like?

It may be so cliche...but beauty really IS in the eye of the beholder!

Now...it's stinking hot in this city....everyone grab a

7/8/2008 6:30:39 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
eyemaster2
Gloucester, ON
40, joined Jul. 2008

It's not society that decides we have to post pics. Unless you are a blind person, in real life the first sense that notices something is your eyes. Your first view of someone is what you see and we generally look towards someone's eyes and the face surrounding it (no, for men it's not even boobs or ass).

It's human nature. We will not change and we always will be visual as a first sense. Voice intonation as well, and then body language. Reading profiles is all nice and all but you don't really get to know a person that way.

Through a picture, you can find out so much. The situation of the picture, social event, alone at home, focused, serious, playfull, funky... We can see alot in just one picture.

7/9/2008 10:29:56 PM Why do people put so much importance on a picture?  
yldmommy
Tillsonburg, ON
50, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from mare29:
I don't think pictures help ,I think they get in the way of meeting the right person. People naturally go for the most attractive person to them ,but that person may not be the best person for them. I would prefer to get to know a person before I ever see a picture of them. If I get to know someone and feel I can trust them enough I will send a picture. I would not want someone to contact me because they like my picture or vise versa.

but you have to be attracted to the person to want to get to know them right??
I don't even respond to someone with no pic.....
I get to know someone first ...but I have to have at least a bit of physical attraction to them....I still do not understand why people do not post pics?? JMO