Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

free hookup sites in nigeria

Ranking is based on relevancy, blog post frequency, social metrics, domain authority, targeted traffic and lots of other parameters. single men in ct character wearing a signet ring as portion of the costume design and style. But we actually like that the site is exclusively for individuals looking for long term relationships this should really mean that absolutely everyone you match with is severe about acquiring a companion. verity miller onlyfans as I said in my 1st post I have pulled the plug on net dating.

free online hookup website

Had a lot of dates from POF, some people today are very fussy and may only go on as little as a date just about every six months. jesup ga dating In the Worthy Girls & Divorce Facebook group, we dish, question, analyze, and chat more than all of our divorce experiences—from really serious topics like custody to the additional personal like very first dates following divorce. Megan, who lives in Seattle, is one particular of the success stories. cougar life subscription People with zero empathy will never talk about the disadvantaged.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/27/2011 6:53:49 AM Ban on the 9/11 cross  
bobloblaw61
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,112)
Big Beaver, SK
55, joined Apr. 2011

Saw this posted in the current affairs forum, thought it might be good here.

NEW YORK – A group of atheists filed a lawsuit Monday to prevent the World Trade Center cross from being displayed at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum in New York City.

Father Brian Jordan (L), a Franciscan Priest, blesses The World Trade Center Cross, made of intersecting steel beams found in the rubble of buildings destroyed in the September 11 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center, before it is transported and lowered by a crane into an opening in the World Trade Center site below ground level where it will become part of the permanent installation exhibit in the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, in New York, July 23, 2011.
The group’s president, Dave Silverman, insists that no religious symbols should be included in the memorial of the 9/11 terror attacks at Ground Zero if the Christian cross is the only symbol being represented.

"As a public accommodation, the memorial must allow us (and all other religious philosophies) to include our own display of equal size inside the museum, or not include the cross. Equality is an all-or-nothing deal," Silverman said in a statement.

The lawsuit, available on the group’s website, names the museum, New York and New Jersey, as well as Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Gov. Chris Christie, among others, as defendants.
*****************************************************************************************
The iconic World Trade Center cross, made up of two intersecting steel beams found intact amid the rubble of the 2001 terrorist attacks in downtown New York City, was placed inside the 9/11 memorial museum during a ceremony on Saturday. It was originally erected on Church St. on the side of St. Peter's Church, the oldest Catholic parish in New York.
*****************************************************************************************

According to museum organizers, construction worker Frank Silecchia discovered the 17-foot-tall cross in the vicinity of 6 World Trade Center after the Sept. 11 attacks. Since then, the cross, the only thing left standing amid the rubble, has become an icon of hope and comfort for many New Yorkers.

The cross is "an important part of our commitment to bring back the authentic physical reminders that tell the history of 9/11 in a way nothing else could," 9/11 Memorial president Joe Daniels said Saturday.

"Its return is a symbol of the progress on the Memorial & Museum that we feel rather than see, reminding us that commemoration is at the heart of our mission."

The museum, whose mission is to remember and honor the 3,000 people killed in the 1993 and 2001 terror attacks, invites the public to submit items to commemorate those who died during the attacks.

Ronda Velamia, who volunteered in cleanup efforts at the World Trade Center site, told CBS New York that the cross is not just about religion.

"The role that it played in Ground Zero was one of a unifying factor," Velamia said.

She and many others see the cross as "an inspiration for generations to come."

Last month, American Atheists also demanded that a new street sign, "Seven in Heaven Way," honoring seven firefighters killed during the 9/11 terrorist attacks, be removed.

The atheist group has also challenged the constitutionality of roadside memorial crosses erected to honor fallen Utah state troopers. A federal court ruled in favor of the crosses but an appeals court ruled against them.

Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to decide on the constitutionality of the memorial crosses.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/27/2011 10:57:31 AM Ban on the 9/11 cross  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

It appears as if we need a symbol to counteract the cross,six pointed star and the cressent moon? oh yea don't forget budda.

7/27/2011 11:34:43 AM Ban on the 9/11 cross  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
53, joined Aug. 2010

Considering religon is the most concerned with death, let them put their symbols up at the site.

Not sure how this is a seperation of church and state issue, unless the government of NY is buying and installing the cross.

7/27/2011 8:51:29 PM Ban on the 9/11 cross  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

"Equality is an all or nothing deal"
I agree with that

7/29/2011 10:39:27 AM Ban on the 9/11 cross  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,531)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

My Atheist group made the Times... as well as numerous other news orgs. Yay!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/29/nyregion/atheists-sue-to-ban-display-of-cross-shaped-beam-in-911-museum.html?_r=1&hp

7/29/2011 4:19:37 PM Ban on the 9/11 cross  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

I thought being atheist meant not having or believing in religion(s) therefore we would have no symbol or care for symbols of religion(s)posted anywhere.

I don't want any religion(s) being shoved down my throat but how is it right to tell a group of people they can't put up a symbol of their belief just because we don't agree? Many who died there where christian, catholic, jewish, and other faiths as well. That doesn't mean they can't put up there symbols or that we have to like it. This is America where we have the freedom of speech and freedom of religion if you so choose one. It's not right for us to spit on them any more than it is for them to spit on us or our rights.

Just my opinion.

7/29/2011 4:30:36 PM Ban on the 9/11 cross  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from azmetalfan:
I thought being atheist meant not having or believing in religion(s) therefore we would have no symbol or care for symbols of religion(s)posted anywhere.

I don't want any religion(s) being shoved down my throat but how is it right to tell a group of people they can't put up a symbol of their belief just because we don't agree? Many who died there where christian, catholic, jewish, and other faiths as well. That doesn't mean they can't put up there symbols or that we have to like it. This is America where we have the freedom of speech and freedom of religion if you so choose one. It's not right for us to spit on them any more than it is for them to spit on us or our rights.

Just my opinion.

If they place -at the same level- a Muslim, a Jewish and an Atheist symbols...I will not have a problem with the cross being there...but, knowing the Christians, the cross will be placed the highest. No, no cross. Period.

7/29/2011 5:35:48 PM Ban on the 9/11 cross  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from azmetalfan:

Just my opinion.

I think its called seperation of church and state.our founders put it in our constitution because at that time the pope ruled over the kings of more than one country and they did not want religion to have that much power over our government.They fought and shed blood so we as a people could have this freedom.they did not want us as Americans to be drowned or drawn & quartered for our belief (or lack thereof)
our rights as citizens are being eroded every day .if we don't defend those rights then we are just so many sheep to be sheared.
also just my humble opinion.

8/9/2011 6:27:06 PM Ban on the 9/11 cross  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from gjlover:
Considering religon is the most concerned with death, let them put their symbols up at the site.

Not sure how this is a seperation of church and state issue, unless the government of NY is buying and installing the cross.

I believe either the city of New York or the state of N.Y. or the federal Government will own/operate this .
taxe $ will pay for upkeep & maintenence
which means it is part of the government
more importantly of the people who died there were they all christian ? I doubt it
if they were to put up other rel. symbols for all those who died

i would have no problem with it

9/12/2011 11:47:57 AM Ban on the 9/11 cross  
spacelazorz
Elkhart, IN
36, joined Aug. 2011

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

9/23/2011 8:06:18 AM Ban on the 9/11 cross  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kinkaju:
I believe either the city of New York or the state of N.Y. or the federal Government will own/operate this .
taxe $ will pay for upkeep & maintenence
which means it is part of the government
more importantly of the people who died there were they all christian ? I doubt it
if they were to put up other rel. symbols for all those who died

i would have no problem with it

The Ground 0 memorial will be upkeep by the $$$ collected from tolls...The GWB fee went to $9.50 for the EZpass holders and to $12.00 for those who don't have said device. I don't remember how much the other bridges' fee went up.

9/24/2011 10:41:51 AM Ban on the 9/11 cross  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
The Ground 0 memorial will be upkeep by the $$$ collected from tolls...The GWB fee went to $9.50 for the EZpass holders and to $12.00 for those who don't have said device. I don't remember how much the other bridges' fee went up.

This means the tax payers are paying for this (toll fees are tax )
the government has gone into the religion business.

9/24/2011 12:07:43 PM Ban on the 9/11 cross  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kinkaju:
This means the tax payers are paying for this (toll fees are tax )
the government has gone into the religion business.

Wwll, at least somebody sees the truth....

9/24/2011 12:08:44 PM Ban on the 9/11 cross  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008