Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

listcrawler over 40

Take advantage of what the church delivers engaged couples, even if your path to the altar does not comply with the ideal. juneau ak dating sites Most essential is your bio lead to that is what girls generally see. Then lastly, we have a button called Secret Crush. washington dc rubmaps Getting fun and understanding is your main objective.

https megapersonals eu

Or you may perhaps favor to wait until you know the connection has possible. anniston singles A girl I d been out with twice known as me even though sloshed and out at a bar, so I decided to meet up with her and do some bar hopping. Angel is the name of the guy who performs at KFC. bedpage tampa The Department of Labor has established that this eligibility determination should really be issued inside 21 days of a claim becoming monetarily eligible.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

10/21/2011 8:02:48 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bartendingchad
Portland, OR
38, joined Oct. 2011

Like what neighborhoods to live in, things to do, good restaurants, places to hangout, good hiking trails, etc.

I went to oregon last yr and fell in love with it. Looking forward to a slightly slower paced lifestyle for sure. Also anyone interested in possibly showing me around please feel free to message me...thanks!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

10/28/2011 8:24:37 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bartendingchad
Portland, OR
38, joined Oct. 2011

Not one response...hahahaha what the hell portlandiers???

10/28/2011 11:50:59 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

hazeleyedgirl12
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,070)
Roseburg, OR
37, joined Oct. 2011

Don't be shocked. lol. Oregon chat is not such a hip hoppin place to post in. It gets boring fast in here. They are all out in the other forums and not here. Wish things would pick up in here though. Much easier to get to know people who live in the state then ones that live 2000 miles away. At least a 2 or three hour drive at most is an easier distance to drive for a date..lol

11/11/2011 10:07:48 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

hazeleyedgirl12
Roseburg, OR
37, joined Oct. 2011

Well not to cheap. it does get kinda cold this time of year. And Portland does get snow. Other than that I have no advice. I don't know Portland very well seeing as how I live 3 hours away. I know there is some good shopping up that way though..lol

11/12/2011 11:40:30 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bartendingchad
Portland, OR
38, joined Oct. 2011

Quote from hazeleyedgirl12:
Don't be shocked. lol. Oregon chat is not such a hip hoppin place to post in. It gets boring fast in here. They are all out in the other forums and not here. Wish things would pick up in here though. Much easier to get to know people who live in the state then ones that live 2000 miles away. At least a 2 or three hour drive at most is an easier distance to drive for a date..lol

You would drive 2 or 3 hours for a date? Lol I get annoyed if I have to drive 20 minutes for one!

11/12/2011 12:10:24 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

hazeleyedgirl12
Roseburg, OR
37, joined Oct. 2011

Lol. Just sayin. Some people drive 2000 miles or Fly 2000 miles..lol

11/13/2011 5:27:01 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

seashell51
Coos Bay, OR
66, joined Oct. 2010

PLEASE DONT...

11/19/2011 12:27:14 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
sevencastanza
Portland, OR
30, joined Nov. 2011

Beware of Hipsters...

11/22/2011 4:21:56 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bartendingchad
Portland, OR
38, joined Oct. 2011

Can someone please define what a hipster is exactly? Lol

11/25/2011 12:23:20 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

pdxalphadude
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,746)
Portland, OR
51, joined Aug. 2010

Go Home!

11/25/2011 10:49:17 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bartendingchad
Portland, OR
38, joined Oct. 2011

Your gonna be that guy? Dont be a tool your gonna be the one left looking like the @ss hole.

11/26/2011 1:19:16 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
imaceltic
Salem, OR
65, joined Nov. 2011

Be prepared for cold, rainy weather, bring plenty of warm clothes, be sure to put antifreeze in your car before the cold weather hits. But don't worry it's all worth it once Spring springs! Also Oregon has seasons unlike SoCal, summer year round, boring.....I used to surf in SoCal in winter, can't do that here (well you can if you like hypothermia)

11/28/2011 12:51:20 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
thisischeri
Portland, OR
49, joined Nov. 2011

Personally to live...I like SW.

Big music scene down town with lots of cool bars and pubs.

11/28/2011 3:53:45 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

bacon_bitz
Klamath Falls, OR
24, joined Nov. 2011

Why would you move to Oregon? Unless your a business man or career type worker. Your gonna hate it.

11/28/2011 10:17:45 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

hazeleyedgirl12
Roseburg, OR
37, joined Oct. 2011

Well aren't you just the downer. If you don't like Oregon then move. Some people actually like it here and sees how beautiful the state is. There is plenty Oregon has to offer if you can learn to appreciate it.
Oh and FYI. Your gonna find it hard to get a date if you are being negative.

11/28/2011 12:50:13 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bartendingchad
Portland, OR
38, joined Oct. 2011

Lol that's right hazel you tell em! How ya been? Hope your doing well!

To those posters offering positive and helpful advice, thanks so much.

Its such a beautiful state I can't wait. mt hood for snowboarding, crater lake and multnomah falls....ahhh I love water and snow and there's an abundance of both there. And to top it off portland does have a great music and food scene. I'm sold...

11/28/2011 1:03:06 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

spoiledangel
Woodburn, OR
74, joined Feb. 2008

Silver falls has a beautiful hiking trail, as long as you are halfway in shape... take the longest one!!
Welcome to Oregon, it is a great place to live!

11/28/2011 1:06:30 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bartendingchad
Portland, OR
38, joined Oct. 2011

Thank u angel I hope all is as nice and welcoming as u!

11/28/2011 1:09:27 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bartendingchad
Portland, OR
38, joined Oct. 2011

One question for all ya. How's the economy in oregon n particularly portland? I know unemployment is hovering around 9 or 10% in OR. Are u or anyone u know having a really hard time finding employment?

11/28/2011 3:12:20 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

1hotone4u
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,806)
San Diego, CA
59, joined Jul. 2009

Real unemployment is closer to 12 or 13%.

The economy here is a roller coaster of ups and downs.

Seems like just when you think it is getting better,

another recession happens and things are worse.

11/28/2011 5:44:33 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

hazeleyedgirl12
Roseburg, OR
37, joined Oct. 2011

Anytime..lol. Diamond lake is fun in the winter. I am going the day after christmas for snowmobiling. Mt. Hood is beautiful and great for snowboarding. And Multnomah is Beautiful too. I have driven by there and used that as a stopping point in my trip to get out and stretch. I wouldn't mind staying at the lodge there one of these days.

11/28/2011 5:46:20 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

hazeleyedgirl12
Roseburg, OR
37, joined Oct. 2011

Quote from 1hotone4u:
Real unemployment is closer to 12 or 13%.

The economy here is a roller coaster of ups and downs.

Seems like just when you think it is getting better,

another recession happens and things are worse.

Yeah. Thats for the entire state. Roseburg is closer to about 18 or 19% right now. It's really hard to. But I am managing to survive for the moment.

11/28/2011 11:54:40 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

lookin4lifemate
Portland, OR
53, joined Apr. 2011

Downtown pdx has all the clubs, best bars and nightlife. Better yet, find a friend and take a ride up the gorge to Multnomah Falls (Just need good clothing this time of year)

11/29/2011 10:20:39 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

hazeleyedgirl12
Roseburg, OR
37, joined Oct. 2011

The Gorge is a nice little drive. I drove through the Gorge a few times to get to Pasco, Washington. It was a long drive for me. About 6 hours. But it was well worth the drive for the beautiful views. I wouldn't mind making that drive again sometime.

12/2/2011 3:22:21 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

bacon_bitz
Klamath Falls, OR
24, joined Nov. 2011

Hazel, as far as loving the state. I absolutely love this state. Until a few years back. Blm closed ALL access roads. The county commissioner started charging $10 bucks for day use fees. With a season pass that's $280.
It really sucks at the moment.

Op I was referring to living and lifestyle. As far as activities.. rocks.
I was looking for a condo to lease for my business to expand up there.
Man, its so much cheaper than down here. By $600 for two bedroom.

12/5/2011 9:40:08 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
5150monkeylove
Fairview, OR
46, joined Nov. 2011

I did the same move 6 years ago. I have never looked back. It is nice to not have to deal with all the drama queens on the road who freak out when it sprinkles. Of course, I am sure some people say that about us dealing with a SNOWPOCALYPSE! (more than a dusting of snow qualifies here) I have never seen sunsets better than here. I don't know how to throw a pic into the forum, sorry.

I love the town and I love the people. (and I deal with them extensively here) Oh, and I now see in color. (greens, reds, yellows, and every other color the plants display)

The hardest thing for a noob to understand here is people will talk to a stranger for no reason. That used to scare the crap out of me. (ok, where's your buddy with the brick? lol) Some folks here despise us transplants for a few reasons. We really do not need to explore why. Shoot, half of the folks here who despise Former Californians here really have no clue why. The easy way out of that is just mention Washingtonians or legislation to allow wolf hunts, and you will be free and clear as the b*tchstorm changes course.

If I repeated anything anyone else has said, It's because I really did not care to read the whole thread. I'm not sorry, either.

12/5/2011 10:09:54 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

hazeleyedgirl12
Roseburg, OR
37, joined Oct. 2011

I think part of it is. We get tired of the transplants who freak out and slam on their breaks at the slightest little corner on the freeway. No offense but I swear, some of the california drivers think its the end of the world if there is a corner, or they are rude and cut people off. Oh and if someone ever cuts you off here the chances of them pulling a gun on you when you give 'em the finger is slim to none. lol.
Back on topic though with my point. I also can't stand the ones who think 80 miles an hour is to too slow and they ride my azz. I will get break happy if someone rides to close and out of my comfort zone. I'd put a bumper sticker on my car about it but it kinda defeats the purpose. Anyways. Thats my problem with "transplants".
If it rains it isn't the end of the world either. Trust me. It's just a little water. Nothing to panic about when driving.
My advice for those who aren't comfortable driving in the snow, find and empty parking lot and have some fun in there. Learn how to gain control that way. Don't try and be hot stuff if you have no clue about driving in snow. It causes more accidents that way.

There's my rant for the evening.

3/8/2012 12:51:53 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

tevers1988
Portland, OR
29, joined Dec. 2011

I live in Portland and its great! I'm from orange county, California but moved here like 4yrs ago and its,awesome people keep to themselves, but are also friendly, ya it rains and gets F**king cold but when the sun comes out its beautiful. Just to sit out side with a cold beer and smoke some hookah have friends over its great.

3/10/2012 6:56:04 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
loraco
Troutdale, OR
65, joined May. 2008

Chad, welcome, and I wish you well.
I live in Troutdale, which is the beginning of the columbia gorge. It's right next to Gresham. About ten miles from Portland. We have so many hiking trails along the gorge. Lots of waterfalls on the gorge. I'm about 25 miles from Mt. Hood. That is where our big ski resort are. You can go online, and look up the Columbia gorge, and Mt. Hood.
Good luck where ever you go.

6/16/2012 3:27:10 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
zandrstar
Salem, OR
56, joined Jun. 2012

DONT DO IT . NOT REALLY BEEN HERE 4 MONTHS AND LOVE IT

6/28/2012 12:44:38 AM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

pdxalphadude
Portland, OR
51, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from bartendingchad:
Your gonna be that guy? Dont be a tool your gonna be the one left looking like the @ss hole.
You won't last long ...fortunately ....

[Edited 6/28/2012 12:46:30 AM ]

6/30/2012 7:25:30 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
zandrstar666
Salem, OR
56, joined Jun. 2012

DONT DO IT

6/30/2012 8:15:51 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  
bittentwiceshy
Port Orchard, WA
65, joined Feb. 2012

I think you already said that. Oregon has so much to offer. Lakes, mountains, ocean, wildlife in the woods and downtown

Welcome to Oregon

7/3/2012 9:19:31 PM Moving from so cal to portland area...any advice?  

pdxalphadude
Portland, OR
51, joined Aug. 2010

Actually its the stance of the great governor Tom Macall who coined the phrase aimed at Californians ......"ENJOY YOUR VISIT" PLEASE DON'T STAY " ....Enjoy you visit was posted at the borderlines....