Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames singles

A new prompt will be supplied to indicate this new requirement, and then give you selections to upload the documents when filing your claim. m datehookup But she laughed with us, and as a result, we nonetheless laugh about it right now. She knows this since usually the ghosted partner will write a breakup post on Reddit begging for a second possibility. adultlook cincinnati Then I got back prepared to cool it down and in the middle of our conversation, he pointed out his daughter.

pittsburgh hookup

In addition to, taking added precautions would only add to your confidence and on line dating accomplishment. hookup dublin Right after reading his profile on match. I wasn t looking for anything serious—I d just gotten out of a relationship—so I joined Tinder. coomet live chat free Time to seal the deal—the final handful of minutes of a date are important to make positive a second date happen.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/29/2011 7:27:33 PM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

I have native roots. For the last 5 years I felt I needed a constructive hobby that keeps my hands busy, and my mind occupied. So I started carving exotic wood canes, and staffs. I have completed 250 of them as to date. Each one is an incredible work of art. Short handled walking canes I have made for free for elderly people who have had hip and knee replacements, and whom dislike using generic aluminum hospital canes. I get very good money for my large bear staffs. These are no ordinary walking sticks. All handpicked exotic woods from my travels throughout the world. Carved nicely. Knotholes inlaid with mother of pearl, abalone shell pieces (against my religion to desecrate whole abalone shell), elk, and deer antler sheds, turquoise, amethist, pink flint, raw emeralds, and even diamonds. I make braided leather grips out of cow, buffalo, elkskin, buckskin, and sharpei dogleather for the ginseng hunters to keep blackbears away. I make bindings out of cotton, hemp, and horsehair. I handrub either sucrose lacquer, or nitrocellulose natural lacquers on the woods tinting them every color of the rainbow. I've used many exotic woods. Diamond willow being my personal favorite. I've did burled oak, live oak, paulawina, black cedar, red cedar, burled russian olive, swamp ash, guitar ash, cottonwood, burled dogwood, sumac, white connecticut sumac, yellow locust, rock elm, juniper, english cherry, and mesquite. Along with many more. I just enjoy carving these spectacular works of art, and thought I'd ask if anyone else carves. Thanks.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/15/2011 10:22:20 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  

mogirl44
Raymore, MO
51, joined Jan. 2011

Your walking sticks sound beautiful. Do you have any photos to share.

12/15/2011 11:34:23 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
leahleahleah
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,066)
Wichita, KS
32, joined Apr. 2011

I agree. Sounds lovely.

12/16/2011 9:11:28 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  

jdarkdragon
Beaufort, SC
68, joined Nov. 2007

It was enlightening to read about your cane. Myself I most use a cane or staff to walk with. A Lakota Shaman Made a healing staff for me many years ago and I have found that it does help with walking and most of the pain does go away. It is great that you can help the elderly with what you do. May the Gods watch over you and guide your hands.

LAMWALKER

1/2/2012 12:37:08 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

Thank you everyone. I've put some pictures on my profile. I am spiritually driven on each piece I create. Each piece is like a blank canvas with no rules. Extremely time consuming. For awhile I couldn't keep up with demand. Everyone wanted one. Now that I'm caught up with demand~ can get more creative. I'm trying to finish at least 50 exotic canes by summer to sell in my travels. I'm doing fairly well so far. Once I get braided grips, and bindings on the canes I can take the time to slowly put the inlays in them. Cutting, glue em in with casienate, and hide glue, letting them dry takes up the most time. Once inlays are finished~ hand rubbing lacquers takes more time. I average between 36, and 126 hours each cane from cutting and peeling the wood outdoors to finish.

1/9/2012 4:32:50 PM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

I've been blessed to have some time to get a lot done on many canes. Everything is going smoothly. I started some seed beading for bindings, and find it the most time consuming. Many native freinds, and family have helped in my endeavors. I also learned to barrel braid leather [one over, two under] for an interesting new twist on padded grips. I've tried using dyed llahma hair braided for bindings, and found it almost impossible. Too thin, and weak. Pics on my profile.

1/12/2012 2:45:29 PM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
leahleahleah
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,066)
Wichita, KS
32, joined Apr. 2011

Those canes are great.

1/13/2012 4:03:28 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

Thank you. Trekkers, mountain climbers, ginseng hunters, and native artisans all agree...I'm getting real good. Many have my canes.

1/29/2012 8:55:30 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

I have 35 of my goal of 50 for sale by summer almost completed. The inlays are so time consuming.

2/18/2012 2:24:27 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  

mason59
Marietta, GA
58, joined Jan. 2010

Yes, I carve walking sticks, staffs, and canes. Initially, I started carving due to a lower back problem. Then a friend of mine asked me if I could make his grandfather a cane? So I got some personal info on his grandfater. Got his birth date, nickname, and he was a big turkey hunter. I had a number of raw sticks and made my choice. The stick wasn't straight and it had a big handle on it. I carved a turkey head as the handle. Put his birth date on it. His nickname was Buster, so I put it on the front and took a woodburner and made a silhouette of a turkey before Buster. He was a turkey Buster. I also added a wriststrap to it.
I've made at least 4 or 5 turkey head canes, a duck head cane, a Braves tomahawk cane, a largemouth bass cane. I also use sticks that have been twisted by vines growing on it. I've used oak, hickory, cedar, poplar, and black walnut woods in all sorts of canes. I probaly have 500 sticks in my inventory.
Each stick has personal information on it and no two are alike.

CARVE ON!

2/22/2012 7:39:29 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

Thank you. An update...a few weeks back one of my ojibwa freinds taught me how to inlay striped turquoise. My first attempt turned out perfect on mesquite. And then I started experimenting with other materials to inlay. I tried emeralds...stones are too hard. Same with pink amethist. Red quartz looks promising. And so does anthracite, and many volcanic stone...yellow, and red pumice. Pink abalone chips inlay stripes the best. I did an ojibwa peace pipe perfect. I intend to stripe inlay all my rare wood staffs. I was in flint hills wildlife preserve in kansas a month ago, and walked 9 miles in to find a grove of ironwood claimed to be the hardest wood in the world. I cut 2~ 3 inch diameter staffs, 6 feet long, each weighing 15 pounds. The bark is like dry cork, and extends out from the wood making them resemble a 6 foot morel mushroom. One cane is finished, and sold with the bark on it. The other I carved for myself. Even after drying through in my humidity controlled drying shed...the canes still weighed in at 7, and 8 pounds respectively. Very dense, and hard. I can vouch for this hardest wood theory. I dulled 3 very sharp carving knives on my one piece. Being hard and as dense as stainless steel, and white as rice I intend to be creative, and notch the staff out, and inlay little pieces of different colored exotic woods in mosaic patterns for effect. Black cedar, grey oak, brown diamond willow, and green sumac. Its looking great.

2/24/2012 5:47:58 PM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  

kld_72
Winder, GA
63, joined Feb. 2012

My son and his dad just started carving canes. They've made some that have the shape of a coiled snake around the cane. They've been using trees in their property like poplar. They need to explore making better handles though. They smell great and I'm still waiting for them to make me my very own "trail walking" stick.

3/11/2012 11:31:56 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

I just got back from a 7000 mile journey up and down the west coast. And picked up wonderful exotic woods to carve on. I picked up more mesquite, and hali verde [and a surprise desert scorpion living in one of the hollow pieces of hali verde] out of gila national wildlife preserve. I picked up canes of pecan out of the desert orchards being pruned this time of year in southern arizona. I picked up mesquite on the colorado river on the california/ arizona border. I picked up blue spruce, and red willow in nasqually wildlife refuge in washington that's just beautiful. I had an enjoyable adventure. Home now relaxing. Made a beautiful native fishing spear for a freind. Pic on profile.

3/15/2012 1:28:28 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
megaxanadudegg1
Gary, IN
37, joined Jan. 2012

I carve plenty of wood. But, I think women are better at this craft.

3/21/2012 10:23:16 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

I know what I know. And I know what I've learned. I'm travelling right now, and brought crafts with me. I acquired 170 year old hand pounded carbon steel barrel band. I'm making a few knives from scratch. Hand pounded with rocks, cut with stone, bound with hemp. Custom carved exotic wood handles from scrap pieces from my adventures. They are turning out quite admirable.

3/21/2012 3:32:52 PM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
mikeller
Denham Springs, LA
46, joined Nov. 2010

Took a look at your canes , very nice work !!! I'm into turning bowls ... Have you ever made a cane of sinker cypress ?? Light weight with beautiful colors in it... Red , green, yellow and even purple sometimes ... Take a look at some of my bowls on my profile .... If you think you might like making a couple canes out of sinker I would be more then happy to send you a couple pieces .. Would love to see how a sinker cane would look

3/22/2012 9:40:11 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

Your work is incredible mikeller. Those bowls are beautiful. I've never carved sinkin cypress. I know nothing about the wood. I've carved multicolored swamp ash out of new orleans. Would canes of it be strong? Does it break easily? I will be contacting you. I'm interested. Maybe we can work something out.

3/22/2012 4:09:57 PM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
mikeller
Denham Springs, LA
46, joined Nov. 2010

It is a light weight , easy to work with wood .... Similar to fir in workability without the tear out in turning... Plenty strong enough for walking sticks, without the weight of oak or like woods ..... Ur style would go awesome with the sinker !!! Let me know what dimension you need for your canes ... I'm sure one outta sinker would go fast !!!

4/14/2012 8:10:30 AM Any other exotic wood cane and staff carvers here?  
longhairbadass2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,626)
Arkansaw, WI
52, joined Nov. 2011

I'd love to carve on some different exotic wood sometime.