Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

meag personal

CEO Todd Mitchem designed the app right after a wonderful date abruptly ended, when he mentioned he smoked pot. dating in surprise az To preserve safety and privacy, users can often block, unmatch or report a profile if they discover it to be suspicious. The platform is accessed through the internet site or a mobile application where simple memberships are no cost of charge. single ladies in ecuador Tinder then makes use of the GPS on your mobile telephone to search for nearby Tinder users.

is hookup finder real

five billion. chat line augusta ga She decided to meet up with this particular person for a date on a Rogers Park beach. Good to know that I m not alone as I have seasoned so several negative dates. omegle dark mode If you are pairing up with a person you already know, there s nevertheless tremendous worth in operating by way of the queries ahead of taking the leap.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/26/2011 11:29:07 AM Atheists have no morals?  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,556)
Pinon Hills, CA
46, joined Sep. 2011

I hate it when so called "christians" say atheists have no morals. So I do not believe in your GOD, so. I was brought up with morals and taught right from wrong, I do not steal or kill. My parents believed in god and at 10 I realized I needed more proof. They still loved me. I am kind to the earth, to people and animals.

Oh and get this, they also say I am going to hell....hmmm that one always makes me laugh.

Do my fellow atheist get this same sort of bullsh*t?
Religion is fine, when u do not push your beliefs on others or hate people for not believeing in "your" god.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/26/2011 1:45:33 PM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,398)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from pickygirl72:

Do my fellow atheist get this same sort of bullsh*t?

All the time....Ironically, some of those christian pointing fingers at are the ones whose daughters are pregnant w/o a known husband...A neighbor -very Christian- is in jail for abusing his wife.

12/26/2011 1:50:59 PM Atheists have no morals?  
muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,612)
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Dont you just love this "do as I say not as I do" cult?

12/26/2011 2:35:17 PM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from muldoon1959:
Dont you just love this "do as I say not as I do" cult?

Yes, a phrase coined by a priest. LOL

12/26/2011 5:10:24 PM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

12/26/2011 5:46:08 PM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

psycho_jak

"So what do YOU think happens when we die?"

They bury us

"What kind of moral code do you have?"

The one that tells me the difference between right and wrong.

"How do you think we all got here?"

By mommy and daddy having fun.

12/26/2011 7:41:41 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,199)
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

So then you're also better than a person who uses a physical crutch. And much better than a person who uses a quad cane, or a wheelchair. And an Olympic weightlifter is MANY times better than you are. Am I following your logic?

12/26/2011 8:33:10 PM Atheists have no morals?  
punkgoddess67
Laughlin, NV
49, joined Sep. 2011

I said it before, will say it again..I do 'good deeds' because I want to, not because some invisible guy in the sky is keeping track of me.

And yes, when I reveal that I am atheist, not ashamed at all but don't tell everyone. I ask what proof they have of a god...I got told once to look around. Like that's any kind of proof.

12/26/2011 11:55:23 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

What proof can you offer that your deeds are "good?" Maybe they are just naive. So they help you feel better - isn't that exactly the argument you reject from believers?

12/27/2011 12:59:14 AM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

Quote from begbear1952:
So then you're also better than a person who uses a physical crutch. And much better than a person who uses a quad cane, or a wheelchair. And an Olympic weightlifter is MANY times better than you are. Am I following your logic?

Not at all. I don't think I'm better than anyone. I don't even like myself.

12/27/2011 1:20:59 AM Atheists have no morals?  
pinguinorojo
Johnson City, NY
31, joined Feb. 2010

Do I get the same B.S.? Yes... particularly back in my country where over 80% of the population is practicing Catholics.

12/27/2011 4:46:25 AM Atheists have no morals?  
apacs
Over 1,000 Posts (1,596)
London, ON
63, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from begbear1952:
What proof can you offer that your deeds are "good?" Maybe they are just naive. So they help you feel better - isn't that exactly the argument you reject from believers?

The argument is the same, but the premiss is different.

I am assuming a comparison of reasons to be good between atheists and the religious.

12/27/2011 4:52:52 AM Atheists have no morals?  
apacs
Over 1,000 Posts (1,596)
London, ON
63, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from begbear1952:

Put this next to a christian, who believes he is better for using an invisible crutch, who is better for deferring his salvation to compliance to an authority, instead of working out things for himself.

Put this next to the Pope who thinks he is better than a sea mollusk, and put this next to a wolf who thinks he is better than a box of slide rules to be shipped to Guatemala.

This question only makes sense when you define "good" as opposed to "bad" or "wicked".

That, however, can't be done, in an absolutistic sense. That can be done only in a sense when you define the sense, which is outside of the realm of absolutes.

---

Thus, to a religious person, the best "good" is to obey his god.

To an atheist, the best "good" may be the fitness to survival. One who needs no crutch can survive easier(, in the classical sense. In today's world the need to rely on a crutch to get around makes no difference).

You can't compare "good" to "good" just on the basis of a string of phonemes that sound alike.

There lies the problem with your argument, Bear.

12/27/2011 5:11:18 AM Atheists have no morals?  
apacs
Over 1,000 Posts (1,596)
London, ON
63, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from psycho_jak:
Not at all. I don't think I'm better than anyone. I don't even like myself.

Ayyyy, PsychoJack. You just have finished saying,

" I'm a better person for NOT believing in God. I'm not saying I'm better than people who do believe (although I do feel bad for them). I just mean I'm better than I would be if I did believe. It means I don't have to lean on an invisible crutch."

If you argue that there is no de facto contradiction, then you get into much deeper poo-poo. In this case you say that you are worse than everyone else.

Proof:
QED: You say you are worse than everyone else.

1. You are not better than anyone.
2. You are better than yourself would be were you religious.
3. This means you would be worse than yourself if you were religious.
4. And others would be better than themselves if they were atheists.
5. Right now you are not better than people who are religious.
6. And you are at your best, and they are at their worst.
7. You are not better than the religous, which means you are worse than they, or your are the same as they.
8. In case you are the same, then under the same circumstances, that is, if everyone were religious, or everyone were atheist, including you in both cases, you would be necessarily worst than everyone else.
9. Which means that you need a condition to come to the same level of goodness as all others, who are on that level already, though they could be better.
10. Thsi means that you are worse, not only not better than others, all things being equal.
11. If you take the other branch, that your being not better means you are worse already, then steps could be altogether avoided, the steps that show you are worse, not only not better.
12. Thus, either way you look at the premiss that you are not better than the religious, you prove that you are a worse person than anyone else.

----------

What you proved in your statements, is that you are a worse person than anyone else.

Q.E.D.

[Edited 12/27/2011 5:14:28 AM ]

12/27/2011 9:56:19 AM Atheists have no morals?  
muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,612)
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Quote from begbear1952:

So let me see if I got this right.

When an atheist does a good deed, it's all about pure selfish motivation
because it makes us feel good about ourselves, but when a christian
does a good deed, it's all about the glory of god?

Try this on for size.
When a christian does a good deed, it's all about pure selfish motivation
because they think there's a reward for it in the end,
but when an atheist does one, it's about doing what needs to be done.
There is no reward.

12/27/2011 1:05:59 PM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

What you proved in your statements, is that you are a worse person than anyone else.

I probably am. As I said before, I don't even like myself. So, I'm not sure where you were going with your argument.

But let me clarify what I meant with the "I'm better than I would be with an invisible crutch" statement. I don't think I'm better than anyone who uses crutches, a wheelchair, or is blind or deaf. I just know I wouldn't want to be/have any of those things. So, I am better than I would be if I had any of those things. That's just me. I'm not speaking for anyone else.

12/27/2011 1:52:11 PM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from muldoon1959:
So let me see if I got this right.

When an atheist does a good deed, it's all about pure selfish motivation
because it makes us feel good about ourselves, but when a christian
does a good deed, it's all about the glory of god?

Try this on for size.
There is no reward.

Please, be nice to him and his kind; your words games are too advanced for their level of comprehension.

12/27/2011 3:26:06 PM Atheists have no morals?  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,556)
Pinon Hills, CA
46, joined Sep. 2011

Wow you guys really put a lot of thought into your answers. Way to go! Gold stars for everyone!

12/27/2011 9:56:57 PM Atheists have no morals?  
pepperlandman67
Ocala, FL
34, joined Dec. 2011

When christians do something good, it's a bit of a bribe. "Hey God, wink wink." Peace on earth (though, farfetched) sounds pretty damn good to me. I guess that makes me immoral. Maybe I should be more concerned with the afterlife than this life. What about all the starving children?? Oh, God has a plan for them. Now that's f*king immoral...with a touch of utter insanity.

12/27/2011 11:32:13 PM Atheists have no morals?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

I do good deads and am nice to people because its the right thing to do. I expect nothing in return.

12/27/2011 11:36:38 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from apacs:
You can't compare "good" to "good" just on the basis of a string of phonemes that sound alike.

There lies the problem with your argument, Bear.

It's not my argument, apacs. It's psycho's.

I just mean I'm better than I would be if I did believe. It means I don't have to lean on an invisible crutch.

Now Our Gang is trying to argue that a visible crutch is ok, but an invisible crutch somehow makes a person inferior. I'm waiting to see the evidence.

12/27/2011 11:39:56 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from muldoon1959:
When an atheist does a good deed, it's all about pure selfish motivation because it makes us feel good about ourselves, but when a christian does a good deed, it's all about the glory of god?

Tell me this - who's a$$ did you pull that out of?

Try this on for size.
There is no reward.

Fantastic. Now let's see the evidence for it. You remember "evidence," right? It's that stuff without which any assertion is totally worthless.

The clock's ticking.

12/27/2011 11:48:26 PM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

walteb

I expect nothing in return.

And I am sure you get back a lot more than what you gave.

12/27/2011 11:56:41 PM Atheists have no morals?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

A smile and a thank you. Knowing someone is better off because of my actions is good enough for me.

12/28/2011 12:49:56 AM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Talk doesn't replace evidence for Christians.
Talk doesn't replace evidence for atheists.

12/28/2011 1:40:02 AM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

A real crutch is more vital than an invisible one. If someone has a broken leg, they need to stay off it (hence the crutch) or it won't heel. But an invisible crutch is one you DON'T need. People WANT it to make themselves feel better. If there's a loved one in the hospital they pray to God or say it's God's will, because it makes them feel better. Also, makes them feel like they're helping when they're helpless. That is why man created God IMO. Maybe they NEED this crutch in the sense that it's the only way they can cope with the situation. But if they didn't rely on this crutch so much they may discover an inner strength they never knew existed. It'd be like a guy who HAD a broken leg (which is now healed) never giving up his crutches because he's afraid to fall. People lean on God (their invisible crutch) for everything. They pray about everything (at least the hardcore religious, which there are plenty of) and don't rely on their own inner strength.

12/28/2011 1:43:19 AM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

I don't think I'm better than them, but I do think I'm in a better situation than them because I rely on myself. You may not understand the difference, but let me put it this way. I don't think I'm better than a homeless person or someone with cancer, but I feel bad for them and wouldn't want to be in the same situation.

12/28/2011 1:51:17 AM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

I believe an atheist with morals has more honest morals than a Christian with morals. If that makes sense. What I mean is an atheist lives morally because they choose to. Whereas a Christian does it because the bible says so and so they can get into heaven. This isn't true for all atheists or all Christians, but you get what I'm saying.

12/28/2011 7:48:26 AM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

To me the "Is God's will" is nothing but their way NOT to feel guilty for no helping those in need.

12/28/2011 9:11:42 AM Atheists have no morals?  
punkgoddess67
Laughlin, NV
49, joined Sep. 2011

I've said for years that people who 'pray' for me really don't want to do anything. Pray in one hand and shit in the other, see which fills up faster.

(pray vs. prey)?

[Edited 12/28/2011 9:13:22 AM ]

12/28/2011 9:44:48 AM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

Humans fear the unknown. What happens after death is unknown. Creating a god gives people a false sense of security. In fact, it does that in many ways other than death. If someone is in danger, or on the verge of being homeless, or a number of other frightening scenarios, people can be comforted by the thought of god watching over them. Also, prayer empowers people in a sense. If a relative is dying in the hospital, you feel helpless. People pray to feel as if they're helping. If the person gets better, it's because god answered their prayers. If they die, it was god's will and they've gone to a better place. God is an invisible crutch (and convenient explanation for why we're here) that man created to feel comfort.

12/28/2011 2:52:48 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from psycho_jak:
A real crutch is more vital than an invisible one. If someone has a broken leg, they need to stay off it (hence the crutch) or it won't heel. But an invisible crutch is one you DON'T need. People WANT it to make themselves feel better. If there's a loved one in the hospital they pray to God or say it's God's will, because it makes them feel better. Also, makes them feel like they're helping when they're helpless. That is why man created God IMO. Maybe they NEED this crutch in the sense that it's the only way they can cope with the situation. But if they didn't rely on this crutch so much they may discover an inner strength they never knew existed. It'd be like a guy who HAD a broken leg (which is now healed) never giving up his crutches because he's afraid to fall. People lean on God (their invisible crutch) for everything. They pray about everything (at least the hardcore religious, which there are plenty of) and don't rely on their own inner strength.

The only part of your response that makes any sense is that religion "makes them feel like they're helping when they're helpless." It is true that some people do react to their own real helplessness by escaping into religion. Other people find other avenues of escape. For example, some people escape into fantasies of power & control. Physicians, for example, are notorious for doing that. Atheists often escape into displays of childish bravado, doing things like publicly daring God to "come strike me dead, you Big Cosmic Bastard!" I suspect people complain about the escape routes of whomever thy bump into the most. Evidently you don't work in the medical field, for example, or you'd probably be on some other site b*tching & crabbing about doctors playing God. The thing I'm wondering about is, what is it about religion used as an escape that particularly bothers you?

Re-read the rest of your post, and I think you'll agree with me that it is a mish-mash of poorly thought out self-contradictions - people *do* need crutches, then they *don't* need crutches, etc. I can't find anything else in it worth responding to. At least it's not full of ad hominems, for which I thank you and commend you.

12/28/2011 2:57:56 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from psycho_jak:
I don't think I'm better than them, but I do think I'm in a better situation than them because I rely on myself. You may not understand the difference, but let me put it this way. I don't think I'm better than a homeless person or someone with cancer, but I feel bad for them and wouldn't want to be in the same situation.

"You may not understand the difference." That hinges on whether or not you articulate the difference, no? You're changing your statement, which makes it clearer where you are coming from. If there is a problem, it is not in my lack of intellect - it's in how well you articulate your idea. If you do a crappy job of articulating your idea, then I'll have a crappy understanding of what the hell you're talking about.

Please don't waste my time with this common atheist evasion of a condescending attitude. Deal?

12/28/2011 3:12:29 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from psycho_jak:
As I said before, I don't even like myself.

OK, at least you're doing some honest self-disclosure here. Honestly I get the ambience of the same feeling from most other atheists. Obviously it leads me to wonder how much self-rejection has to do with choosing atheism, because the correlation appears to me to be so high. I suspect that's the source of a lot of grim atheist anger, that produced this silly tone of "grrrr, we hate your God, and we hate you too, you evil Christian!" But you are doing something very different with your self-rejection - you are disclosing it honestly and openly. You're putting it on the table for scrutiny, which is a big step of maturity beyond what most atheists are willing to do. It is also a big step towards honest dialogue.

I believe an atheist with morals has more honest morals than a Christian with morals. If that makes sense. What I mean is an atheist lives morally because they choose to. Whereas a Christian does it because the bible says so and so they can get into heaven. This isn't true for all atheists or all Christians, but you get what I'm saying.

Yes, I do think I get what you're saying, at least on one level. On another level, who gives a s**t what your idea of "morals" is really about, or whether your behavior conforms to your ideals? I suspect that if you - or any of the other atheists here on this forum - were to spell out your own personal moral code for me, I would most likely say you're just full of it. Where does your moral code come from? From within you? OK, but you've already admitted twice that you don't even like yourself, so WHY would you comply with ideas that come from a source you admittedly don't even like? It makes no sense. If your moral code comes from some Group Atheist Moral Code, then you're just doing the same thing you accuse Christians of doing - following the rest of the sheep.

Whatever your moral code is, I could introduce you to any number of people who would laugh in your face and tell you that you are a hopelessly naive do-gooder. I might even be one of them.

12/28/2011 5:08:13 PM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

You didn't come up with a single valid argument. First you said, you don't understand my point because I didn't articulate it well. I've discussed my views with many different people and they seemed to comprehend quite well. Physical crutches are needed. Invisible ones are not. I'd feel bad for someone who uses drugs and alcohol as a crutch too.

Me not liking myself has nothing to do with my atheism. That's actually one of the few things I do like about myself. I have personal reasons for not liking myself that are my business and nobody else's.

Also, my moral code is simple. I treat people the way they treat me and the way I want to be treated. I don't hate Christians at all. I just feel bad that they believe in nonsense.

Now go ahead and dispute everything I said. The truth is it doesn't matter. You seem to think that all atheists are bitter hate filled people. Some may be, but that's true of all kinds of people. I don't intend to change your views and I don't even want to. You won't change mine.

12/28/2011 6:43:59 PM Atheists have no morals?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Quote from psycho_jak:
Humans fear the unknown. What happens after death is unknown. Creating a god gives people a false sense of security. In fact, it does that in many ways other than death. If someone is in danger, or on the verge of being homeless, or a number of other frightening scenarios, people can be comforted by the thought of god watching over them. Also, prayer empowers people in a sense. If a relative is dying in the hospital, you feel helpless. People pray to feel as if they're helping. If the person gets better, it's because god answered their prayers. If they die, it was god's will and they've gone to a better place. God is an invisible crutch (and convenient explanation for why we're here) that man created to feel comfort.

jak you hit the nail on the head. As a fellow atheist i couldn't agree more.

12/28/2011 11:43:04 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

pj wrote: First you said, you don't understand my point because I didn't articulate it well.

No, I said you contradicted yourself.

pj: Physical crutches are needed. Invisible ones are not.

You've gotten kind of surly for no reason, so you'll probably take offense at my next statement too. You cannot tell by looking at a person what kind of crutch they need and what kind they don't need. Sometimes even a licensed psychiatrist cannot tell, and sometimes a whole team of psychiatrists cannot tell. You're already so far in over your head that you're as wacked out as any wacked out Christian I've ever seen - and I've seen a few.

pj: I have personal reasons for not liking myself that are my business and nobody else's.

You've made it sort of a public issue now.

pj: You seem to think that all atheists are bitter hate filled people.

Straw man. Tell ya what - PM me and let me know when you're ready to stick with the topic, and when you're ready to stick with the things I actually said. I'm not following another atheist all the way around the cornfield while he whacks at scarecrows.

Meanwhile, I'll keep checking the daily weather forecasts to see if hell ever freezes over.

12/29/2011 12:29:53 AM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

Obviously there's no point in continuing this discussion.

12/29/2011 8:54:09 AM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from psycho_jak:

As in "to do so would be a waste of intelligent time"?

[Edited 12/29/2011 8:54:43 AM ]

12/29/2011 8:18:02 PM Atheists have no morals?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Agree. Wast of time. Religion is blind.

12/29/2011 9:02:49 PM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from walteb:
Agree. Wast of time. Religion is blind.

I will never understand those who try to convince people out of what they have in their minds...To me this is pointless. I say what I have to say and I keep going. Period.

[Edited 12/29/2011 9:03:21 PM ]

12/29/2011 9:31:47 PM Atheists have no morals?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

I went to my my insurance agents today because I discovered she made a mistake in my favor. I payed my house and car insurance at the same time. She payed both accounts and payed the total to house. She would of been short in her checking account the amount of my car insurance. It would have taking a lot of work on her part to of found it. She was very happy I had the morals to be honest. I open doors for people and even stopped and changed flat in snow slush for a grandmother raising her grandkids. I refused payment. Atheists may not have morels but I didn't see any christians stopping to help or check on her.

12/30/2011 2:19:59 AM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from psycho_jak:

Not as long as the best you can do is create confusion.

12/30/2011 3:20:22 AM Atheists have no morals?  
av6827
Peoria, AZ
40, joined Dec. 2011

I belive morals is one of those stereotype tied to religion which is not true. Who remembers the boy who creid wolf. Moral of the story do not lie that nothing to do with religion. My point is there other ways of knowing right from wrong other than religion.

12/30/2011 3:29:14 AM Atheists have no morals?  
av6827
Peoria, AZ
40, joined Dec. 2011

On famous person of no religion background who taught us morals his name was Aesop

12/30/2011 11:47:36 AM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

Not as long as the best you can do is create confusion.

Not my fault you're easily confused by simple concepts.

12/30/2011 12:02:05 PM Atheists have no morals?  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Is that the best you can do?

12/30/2011 1:52:32 PM Atheists have no morals?  

psycho_jak
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Eugene, OR
30, joined Jul. 2008

Quote from begbear1952:
Is that the best you can do?

At pointing out the obvious? No, but I thought I'd only address what you said.

1/11/2012 10:20:09 PM Atheists have no morals?  
brandonis33
Winona, MN
39, joined Jan. 2012

I could careless what people believe just as long as it isn't forced down my throat. Do whatever helps you get from day to day, etc. Saying that atheists or those that beleive in something else are immoral, is infact immoral! Prove that you are better!

1/11/2012 11:17:02 PM Atheists have no morals?  
kukaruka99
Las Vegas, NV
36, joined Jan. 2012

Here's the way I look at things. If the religious are right, I would rather party in eternity with all the sinners than sit around looking at all the tree huggers, holding their bibles in one hand and their crosses in the other telling you how blessed you are to be one of the chosen. Besides, I can't imagine hell being much worse than earth.

1/11/2012 11:57:46 PM Atheists have no morals?  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from walteb:
I went to my my insurance agents today because I discovered she made a mistake in my favor. I payed my house and car insurance at the same time. She payed both accounts and payed the total to house. She would of been short in her checking account the amount of my car insurance. It would have taking a lot of work on her part to of found it. She was very happy I had the morals to be honest. I open doors for people and even stopped and changed flat in snow slush for a grandmother raising her grandkids. I refused payment. Atheists may not have morels but I didn't see any christians stopping to help or check on her.

Now why would you do all that if it won't get you to heaven or save you from hell? Why bother?
Did you do it because it felt right and good? Do you need someone or something to tell you what feels right and good?

1/12/2012 3:06:03 PM Atheists have no morals?  

whays
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,629)
Payson, AZ
73, joined Nov. 2008

Religious experience; running over two Democrats near the hood. Hats on sideways, drooping pants,etc.

1/21/2012 9:49:49 PM Atheists have no morals?  
cosmic_dancer
Manitowoc, WI
44, joined Dec. 2011

I tell people "what makes you think that your god want me to believe in him?"

I have met Christians who tell me that I deserve to go to hell because I have different beliefs. I say "Great, at least you won't be there with me." It seems that some of the uber Christians have more hatred towards non believers than non believers towards them.

1/25/2012 5:10:07 PM Atheists have no morals?  
cosmic_dancer
Manitowoc, WI
44, joined Dec. 2011

Some of those who wear crosses are the ones who burn crosses.

1/25/2012 5:44:28 PM Atheists have no morals?  

jennaw91
Greeneville, TN
26, joined Sep. 2010

Really? WOW! I have more morals and intelligence then any Christian I have ever met.

1/25/2012 5:45:49 PM Atheists have no morals?  

jennaw91
Greeneville, TN
26, joined Sep. 2010

You are exactly right. Its good to know there are some intelligent people on here.

1/25/2012 7:20:25 PM Atheists have no morals?  
cosmic_dancer
Manitowoc, WI
44, joined Dec. 2011

I am an atheist/agnostic, but I do maintain some level of composure. When I am with a friend or my Mom, and they start to pray before their meal, I will not eat until they are done praying.

1/25/2012 7:41:34 PM Atheists have no morals?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Quote from skiwino:
Now why would you do all that if it won't get you to heaven or save you from hell? Why bother?
Did you do it because it felt right and good? Do you need someone or something to tell you what feels right and good?

I did it because it was the right thing to do Not for any reward. If we don't help each other them who will. If you only do right for a reward, then you are no better than a trained animal. We are suppose to be smarter than other animals, but I have my doughts sometimes.

1/25/2012 7:45:19 PM Atheists have no morals?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Quote from cosmic_dancer:
I am an atheist/agnostic, but I do maintain some level of composure. When I am with a friend or my Mom, and they start to pray before their meal, I will not eat until they are done praying.

I do the same. I try to respect others. Guess I'm too easy.

1/25/2012 8:18:50 PM Atheists have no morals?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from walteb:
I do the same. I try to respect others. Guess I'm too easy.

We always talk about respecting them...and I agree as long as we are in their homes.
I can assure you I stop them when, in my home, they start to pray before eating; if they don't like it I tell them to leave the premises.