Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames apps

If you like piƱa coladas and finding caught in the rain, Rupert Holmes could be a good match. georgian dating sites Ashley Madison is a single of a kind, made for married people looking to have private affairs. There are some problems here and there, but nothing at all also drastic. rub ratings little rock Females are much more most likely than males to concentrate on 1 individual at a time for sanity and bandwidth preferences.

magepersonal

Lucy Good has been a single mum considering the fact that her girls have been pretty young, and they are now in their teens . garden grove dating Relationships want time to unfold, so do some reflecting after your very first date is over to assess how it went. Give yourself time to arrive comfortably vs becoming stuck in website traffic or running across town to make it in time. usasexguide st louis Here, at SpeedDater we know that chemistry only takes place in person, so our events are great for singles that want to make genuine life connections.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/16/2012 7:13:25 PM Anyone on a job search?  
borderlinegal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Madison, IN
64, joined Aug. 2011

Economy is tough and competition to get a job makes it really tough.
Perhaps you would like to share experiences you have had or maybe share a tip that was of value.

I recently applied for a job and found my app was #1897! That was scarey so I went back and looked at two more, one had 305 apply and another was 386. Now, I am no spring chicken so I would think my competition would be steeper because young "whipper snappers" would look more appealing.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/16/2012 7:18:16 PM Anyone on a job search?  
cenah
Cincinnati, OH
56, joined Jan. 2012

The older the harder it is to find work. I have found since I have around 20 years exp. they can hire new grads cheaper. It is a tough row trying to find work. Good luck.

1/16/2012 7:19:53 PM Anyone on a job search?  
busstope
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,944)
Jonesboro, AR
66, joined May. 2011

wish i was but not to be work is
hard to get and dont pay much
wish you luck

1/16/2012 7:34:39 PM Anyone on a job search?  
love2bbq
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (31,931)
Iowa City, IA
57, joined Mar. 2011

it is tough where i live its a college town and the workforce is all students
and they work cheap so i am out the door and cant find anything that will pay
the bills.

1/16/2012 7:35:07 PM Anyone on a job search?  
borderlinegal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Madison, IN
64, joined Aug. 2011

I have an abundance of experience in sales. That is all I have ever done with the exception of owning my wedding business. I would like to really try something else but not sure what that would be.

Where is that knight in shining armour when you need one?

Not really, I have always made a way for myself but I say that is with God's help. After all this tie I doubt seriously if He will drop me on my head now.

1/16/2012 7:35:43 PM Anyone on a job search?  
borderlinegal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Madison, IN
64, joined Aug. 2011

love, what work have you done before?

1/16/2012 7:41:36 PM Anyone on a job search?  
moma__bear
Des Moines, IA
63, joined Jul. 2011

Quote from love2bbq:
it is tough where i live its a college town and the workforce is all students
and they work cheap so i am out the door and cant find anything that will pay
the bills.

Then how do U BBQ? Yr food card?

1/16/2012 7:43:02 PM Anyone on a job search?  
fishingmom
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (124,685)
Lake Alfred, FL
63, joined Aug. 2008

I wish you well too borderline... I wish I could take early retirement but I dont see that happening, so I dont want to quit and find out I cant make it then not be able to find a job.

Best bet, stick with what you know, if its sales, pound every store arounds door til someone opens up. Its too bad you didnt do that around the holidays. Some places hire seasonal, but then keep a few year round. Thats how a friend of mine got her job at Macys last year. Just a thought.

Best wishes to you.

1/16/2012 7:43:39 PM Anyone on a job search?  
busstope
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,944)
Jonesboro, AR
66, joined May. 2011

worked as a cook and bus person at cracker barrel here in AR. for 5 years now cant work have copd

1/16/2012 7:43:58 PM Anyone on a job search?  
love2bbq
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (31,931)
Iowa City, IA
57, joined Mar. 2011

construction is all i have known more on the remodeling end its just right now no one wants anything done but it will pick up and i will be back at work. i am just so bored right now and i have my projects all done

1/16/2012 11:30:05 PM Anyone on a job search?  
copa157
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,049)
Port Orange, FL
64, joined Jul. 2010

Border...I've been looking for a better Job since I got to FL three years ago. There only seems to be part time positions available any more. I don't think companies want to take on full-time employess because of insurance reasons...aside from the general sluggish economy.

I've found the best way to survive anymore is have several sources of income. I work part time at Michaels Arts & Crafts as a framer...play several times a week with the band, and pick up side work doing cabinetry & furniture touch-up. And even with all that it's hard to make ends meet.

Who I really feel bad for are the people comming out of college looking for work...The big time jobs are only there for a select few...the rest will be managing the local McDonalds just to pay back student loans.

1/17/2012 12:03:08 AM Anyone on a job search?  
tom_us_marine
Eustis, FL
56, joined Dec. 2011

Border, everyone I talk to is having the same problem. I also came to Fl 3 years ago. I worked in commercial plumbing in Pa. til the layoffs came company wide in May 2008.

I was layed off from 1 job after moving to Fl in 2009. Then layed off from another temp. position in 2010. I have been working handyman jobs til I can find something better. Been loading moving trucks, giving rides to the airport, etc.

Possibly there is a (One Stop Unemployment Help Center) in your state unemployment office that can help you. We also have a (Goodwill Job Center) that also offers help with job leads, resumes, training, interviews, food stamps, cash assistance, etc. I do not know if your state has both agencies but it is worth checking into. I hope this will help you.

1/17/2012 3:38:43 AM Anyone on a job search?  
artcentre
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,096)
Beulah, MI
65, joined Aug. 2011

I found myself telling myself that I needed to win the lottery. Which was a scary moment because I realized that everyone must be saying that - and, I didn't even play the lottery. Then, I saw some penny stocks skyrocketing on the television - and, I thought that they were like lottery tickets that you could do research on. So, I did get 4 low-wage, temporary jobs over the last 3 years and was a compensated guinea pig in a diabetes program and sold everything I could sell and I invested that money. Not that much - but, a lot for a homeless person. Actually, I'm at my mom's - but, I'm optimistic about 2012. Not for the world, overall, however. I think we have really been screwed over since they murdered JFK. Globalization is just a colossal "race to the bottom". It's like a perfect storm of multiple, converging lousy circumstances for workers and commonfolk going forwards, it appears to me.

1/17/2012 8:53:58 AM Anyone on a job search?  
borderlinegal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Madison, IN
64, joined Aug. 2011

I plan to redo my resume and send one to all business owners that I know. Perhaps they know someone who could use my skills. I live in a small town and have applied for jobs in a bigger city about 2 hours from here. I would have to move but that is ok.

After posting this yesterday I received an assessment survey which I filled out and then they will send email to former employer's to fill out. I got a call from one of them this morning. We will see. In a couple of days I will call this comapny.

I appeciate you comments. I am grateful for unemployment. I do not qualify for other benefits as the unemployment $$ is more than they allow for.

It has been an interesting journey. I volunteered 5 days a week and quickly learned that my situtation is nothing compared to others. I have helped others in various ways and have prayed with many of them. I have also researched homeless shelters as our area needs one desparately. Actually, I would like to direct one of them. Again, I will seek God's plan for my life.

As the economy weakens, soup kitchen guests will increase and I do believe many will seek shelter with family and friends. I have a large family and good friends, but what does one do when they have no one? I see much of that at Salvation Army. As you know, they rely on donations. I have seen many fish and loaves kind of miracles there. We have next to nothing in the pantry then it is filled up again. Fun to watch.

I am grateful that I have the personality to press on and not given in to a pity party.

1/17/2012 9:43:01 AM Anyone on a job search?  
shaggyoledog
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (37,913)
Ocean Shores, WA
69, joined Apr. 2011

Very good luck to you Gal...

Once upon a time, many years ago, a very large corporation, in Seattle, layed off a lotta ppl...

Two of those ex employees, mid fifties, having not found work in over a year, started their own business...

You might have heard of it... 'THE LITTLE NICKEL' want ad newspaper...

I thought the Insurance industry was always hiring sales personnel...

Besides sales, what other skills do you have. What fun things do you like to do?

You've had your own business. Do it again. Something you can do by yourself...

If it were me, I'd try to find something that does not have an inventory, or if it has an inventory, one you can turn quickly...

When I left the corporate world, a hundred and fifty years ago, a local junior college asked me to teach a class in business. Just an idea...

1/17/2012 10:13:35 AM Anyone on a job search?  
taterprincess
Over 2,000 Posts (2,350)
Albion, IN
67, joined Oct. 2011

Welcome to Indiana where everyone is out of a job
Our towns in Northern Indiana have free dinners for everyone in the town once a week
food lines are long
My county is number two I believe since we are so close to Detroit we have lost alot of jobs that were automotive...I was in one of these but strange as it sounds I was put on dissability at the right time...
I do wish you well , and all the rest of you as well...........

1/17/2012 11:22:24 AM Anyone on a job search?  
borderlinegal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Madison, IN
64, joined Aug. 2011

I always say that many are on the same boat but when it is named the Titanic, there is no comfort LOL

I do most of my job searches in Indianapolis area. There is precious little in my little town.

In the meantime, I do stay busy. I do not think it would bless God for me to be idle. So I help out as a volunteer and visit my kids and do things that otherwise I could not do if I was working! LOL Work does interfer in our lives!

Thanks for your response.

1/17/2012 11:28:32 AM Anyone on a job search?  
borderlinegal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Madison, IN
64, joined Aug. 2011

Shaggy, I owned a business that was event planning, Now that I loved because I love a party. I did well but not enough to support me and the business. Hardest job I ever loved.

The job I applied for recently was for a hotel that needed a wedding director. So I will see what they say after they read my assesment survey.

If I were honest, I would say I would like to be maried and stay home and care for my home, cooking being a good wife. That may sound boring to some but that is my dream job. I have always worked and do not mind doing so but it is my dream.

The best job I could apply for would be that of a Beach Bum!! Love the ocean.