Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personales

She loved literature, and I m a enormous book nerd. gay dating sites edmonton What could be much less horny than a raging pandemic in which you are legally obliged to stay additional than two metres away from everyone? And men and women are coughing and spluttering and cannot taste anything? It is not even been horny in a repressed and yearning lesbian in the Victorian times way. Couples who met on the internet in the dinosaur days of the online — like the early 2000s — are nevertheless going strong, thanks to very good scrolling and decades of building related values. best free dating apps in ukraine Angel is the name of the guy who functions at KFC.

best hookup bars houston

Though the results for satisfied couples are the similar, their journey is frequently incredibly various. fairfield singles how is your day? These concerns are also private and involved and demand an in person conversation before being asked and answered. I was a bit envious for a brief whilst, but I believe its a thing that might wear a bit thin soon after a time…it appears to be incredibly substantially a case of quantity rather than good quality, so worth becoming a bit selective. alliance dating agency Mainly because she d accomplished this ahead of, her expectations have been tempered—she knew their connection could fall flat offline.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/14/2012 7:16:18 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,151)
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

A private citizen in Wis. checked those people who signed the Walker recall petition against public records. This citizen found 537 of these folks were delinquent in their taxs to a sum of 17 million dollars. The list was given to the state and the feds.

Rush L.
14 May,12

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/14/2012 8:41:00 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
single4life90
Camden Wyoming, DE
27, joined May. 2012

sucks for them

5/14/2012 1:21:41 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from single4life90:
sucks for them

hello and how are you?

5/14/2012 3:07:23 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

5/14/2012 3:57:41 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
drew_5050
Middletown, OH
34, joined Oct. 2011

Thats kind of shitty in a way. Ive signed some guys petition to run for city council last year. I'd be pretty pissed if his opponent came after me. And It also sets a bad precedent. You watch, every republican in the state will have this happen to them now. I wouldn't be smiling about it.

5/14/2012 6:10:24 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

If you start throwing stones at everyone that ever f**ked up there would be big piles of rocks all over the place. You wouldn't be able to drive your car down the street for the piles of stones everywhere. Sidewalks would be impassable. The fast food and liquor drive thru's would be unaccessible. We would all lose weight and have to stay sober to boot! Screw throwing rocks.

5/14/2012 7:30:06 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
drew_5050
Middletown, OH
34, joined Oct. 2011

Can you imagine going through all of those signatures....wouldn't a better use of time be putting a coalition of people together to support walker?

5/15/2012 7:26:24 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
wasaqueen
Seymour, IN
72, joined Feb. 2012

He will be gone real soon and boy is there nothing the republicans will go to to win. I can smell the stink from here. There will be a whole bunch of repubs. looking for jobs all over the country. This country does not want to be a theocracy.

5/15/2012 8:48:03 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from wasaqueen:
He will be gone real soon and boy is there nothing the republicans will go to to win. I can smell the stink from here. There will be a whole bunch of repubs. looking for jobs all over the country. This country does not want to be a theocracy.

5/16/2012 1:32:41 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
christianthomps
Milwaukee, WI
28, joined May. 2012

As much as I do not like this guy and believe he does not have the ppls best interest at heart, Tom Barrett's policies are a disaster.

5/16/2012 2:02:35 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from christianthomps:
As much as I do not like this guy and believe he does not have the ppls best interest at heart, Tom Barrett's policies are a disaster.

I'm not fool enough to think that any politition has our best interest at heart. I'm not so sure that is what politics is really about. Have not made up my mind yet. So who and what is this Barrett's? Is he the demo running for walkers seat? Why do you say barretts policies are a disaster?

5/20/2012 12:30:37 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

Scott Walker was assaulted by government employees that believe they desrev more than the popel that pay their wages. Simple. Unionized government is extortion in the extreme. Want a government job, get what you get. To protest that you screw with the public and deseree more than they is ludicrous. I say screw all gpvernment employees that aren't in the game to serve. Governmet work should be like the peace corps. Not a career that surpasses anything working peope in the general populations can hope for. It is somehow obscene that they are so mmuch better and deserving than the rest of us!

5/20/2012 11:44:58 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Jb without unions public sector employees would be basically slaves.. The govt could have them do literally anything and if they refuse they get fired... Without unions to fight for them they could just order workers to work 16 hour days etc etc.. Could go on and on.
The only public sector union that are truely crooks are the teachers.. They already only work 1/2 the year, dont even work a full 8 hours and hve almost zero risk..

5/20/2012 1:01:59 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from pelham12345:
Jb without unions public sector employees would be basically slaves.. The govt could have them do literally anything and if they refuse they get fired... Without unions to fight for them they could just order workers to work 16 hour days etc etc.. Could go on and on.
The only public sector union that are truely crooks are the teachers.. They already only work 1/2 the year, dont even work a full 8 hours and hve almost zero risk..

That is such BS - government employees would be slaves. I supervise teamster public employees and if they were not in the union which right now so many have dropped out the county could pull the plug on the union. Anyway these guys job would not be one once different without the union. Besides, wages and benefits unionized or not unionized is still up to the politian.

Slave, tell you what, right now we can post a job and be flooded with applacations. As for the government having free will to what they have the employees do? Heres the deal. The politians like getting reelected every four years.

It is those who have never worked in public service that say they are slaves. And beside Pel. You as a government worker don't like the way your treated? LEAVE. Go work at walmart. Slave? Some of the laziest people I have even seen are public union worker and I have been public service most all my life.

However, I have been around firemen for years and for being public union, at least around there, these guys and gals are top notch.

[Edited 5/20/2012 1:03:29 PM ]

5/20/2012 2:46:40 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Yea.. Basically, because in the private sector you do not have deplorable working conditions generally seeing as how its govt agencies that punish and fine them.. Govt buildings are immune from the wrath of the buildings dept and OSHA and so forth. Buildings crawling with roaches and rats and rotting floors.. Equipment that doesnt work and doesnt get fixed. I can go on and on..
In the private sector dont forget you also can earn more money by doing a good job.. You do good work bosses notice and maybe promote you or maybe just give u a wage bump.. This doesnt exist working for the govt.. Union must collective bargan for a raise. Yes because of this some very unproductive members are produced but for the rest of us we have to just deal with not getting raises that even keep up with inflation.

5/20/2012 3:28:59 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
drew_5050
Middletown, OH
34, joined Oct. 2011

Quote from jokethem:
That is such BS - government employees would be slaves. I supervise teamster public employees and if they were not in the union which right now so many have dropped out the county could pull the plug on the union. Anyway these guys job would not be one once different without the union. Besides, wages and benefits unionized or not unionized is still up to the politian.

Slave, tell you what, right now we can post a job and be flooded with applacations. As for the government having free will to what they have the employees do? Heres the deal. The politians like getting reelected every four years.

It is those who have never worked in public service that say they are slaves. And beside Pel. You as a government worker don't like the way your treated? LEAVE. Go work at walmart. Slave? Some of the laziest people I have even seen are public union worker and I have been public service most all my life.

However, I have been around firemen for years and for being public union, at least around there, these guys and gals are top notch.

It all depends on the union, and who its defending, Teachers and Auto workers have it made.

5/20/2012 3:33:59 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Auto is private sector

5/20/2012 9:06:20 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Sept. 25th of this year, I reach my 85 points for retirement. I'm a little worried I will be forced to retire. I want to work for two more years but thats always up to me.

5/21/2012 11:59:09 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

Quote from pelham12345:
Auto is private sector

I read your last three posts and must declare that you are pretty lcueless when it comes to unions both public and private sector. Public sector unions make up 5% of all union memebers in America. 95% are public sector employees at the local, county, state and federal level. The only place unions remain strong are in government.

Working conditions for government employees are hard to beat. I have worked both sides. No American worker gets holidays, pay, and retirement benefits that public secot employees do. Even private sector unions don't get the holidays. Most American workers do not have health insurance that compare and certainly not at the subsidized rates government workers do.

According the the US Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook that is published annually when I compare the average 40-60 K job in private industry to it's equivalent federal job I see that the federal job averages a starting pay of $84 - 87K annually, and that without the retirement benefit and no set number of hours worked. Even salaried government workers get overtime pay. Try that in private industry if you are not an hourly worker. Doesn't happen much.

If a private secotr employee does a poor job, they lose it. If a union proected government worker doesn't and have "locked in" they are nearly impossible to fire. IF you transfer them out to get rid of them you must find them an equal or higher position, ehnce the old government worker saying, "F**k up, move up." I have presonally witnessed that on several occasions with Department of Defense civilian employees.

Where but working for a large city can a fireman or policeman retire at a six figure salary for life? I don't know of any provate secotr employees with that kind of retirement benefit.

These are facts, not union rhetoric. It is imporatnt to be careful what you state here because people like me actually go out and check the facts, so try again my friend. Your arguments don't hold water.

5/21/2012 4:07:22 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Jb.. I have you ever worked for the govt in NYC? If not u have Zero right to tell me I'm clueless. My Union has no teeth at the bargaining table and buildings and conditions are complete shitholes.. I've been in the public sector for 8 years and it gets worse ad worse every year.. "do more with less" every year.. Oh and btw, that 'less' includes your pay while everything else skyrockets.

The whole point of many people joining the public sector is for knowledge that they will earn a fair paycheck and have relative job security in return for minimal advancement up the food chain.

Take for example.. In NYC during the 1990s the economy was booming and the city was cleaning up.. Guilliani hired like 10k cops and they upped FD too and lowwered response times, those guys were forced into taking contracts that had 0% raises in them and they fell so far behind the surroundig counties of NYC they had trouble hiring and retaining people. Both Unions fought tooth and nail for some contracts increasing their top pay at the expense of benedits for new hires during 2000-2008.. When the economy tanked the left set out to vilify public sector employees as greedy.. But when these guys were dying putting our fires and cleaning up street crime with 0% yearly raises that was all fine and good.. Making salaries so low compared to everyone else the vast majority o public sector employees can not even afford to live in the city they work in!!

I used the cops and firemen as an example because the teachers union actually IS too powerful and they get ANYTHING they want. And the other major unions pretty much get piggy backed on the police/fire unions.. City usually offers same or very similar deal to the rest of the unions.(again with the exception of the teachers)

So don't come at me telling me I'm clueless jb, you clearly have zero knowledge of new york.

5/21/2012 4:14:56 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Oh and i forgot about ur rediculous part about holidays and such.. Yes, private sector doesnt get paid holidays because why? BECAUSE THEY ARE OFF!! Many public sector employees are WORKING on christmas and thanksgiving and all the other holidays they cant spend with their families while ur holier than though self is sitting here complaining they get paid for holidays they work! The nerve!

Yes public employees get a pension and health benefits and again I say that is part of the benefit of joiningte public sector, you will never get rich.. You will never be better than lowwr-middle class unless you are of the very select few to raise up to executive positions which is largely
Rigged by politics. And with the pensions, employees pay into it its not like they get it for free... Much like how employers that offer 401k matching.. The pension system is invested in the stock market like a 401k.. The only difference is its gaurunteed by the govt .. So theres no Enron risk

5/21/2012 6:19:51 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

Sorry, I don't buy it. I worked for both. Never worked in NYC surely. I drove to Kennedy Airport from NJ twice and that was all of NYC I care to ever see. Regardless, I just don't buy that NYC public workers are so abused, but one would have to to define "abuse" to make any sense of the idea at all.

How about we settle this by defining "abuse" in terms of the argument. Is abuse one government worker being paid more than another? Is it getting paid less than private sector people? (Remember, you have to compare the same jobs and responsibilities. You can't compare a sanitation worker to a stock broker.).

I bet NYC is expensive as hell compared to a lot of the rest of the country. If we both answer these questions we'll have an idea. If the answers are as widely divergent as I expect they will be it reveals that the problems in New York are created in New York.

1. What is the starting pay, ending pay, and retired pay for a rookie NYC cop or fireman?

2. What is the amount for teachers?

3. What is the retirement age or required years of service for the same?

4. What percentage of employed people in NYC work for government?

5. What is the sales tax?

7. What is the cigarette tax?

8. What do you have to do to own a gun in NYC to protect your family?

9. Do people in NYC pay state and city income tax?

10. How many mils is the property tax rate on private residences?

11. What do you pay for a gallon of milk?

12. What do you pay for a gallon of gasoline?

13. For shits and grins, how long does it take and what does it cost to get a license to sell lemonade from a street stand?

These questions have bearing on what it costs to live, the cost of doing business, and the cost of government there. I'll trade you.

5/21/2012 7:37:22 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Theres alot there to respond to jb, im on my cell so when i grt home ill respond

5/22/2012 1:26:06 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from jbck:
Sorry, I don't buy it. I worked for both. Never worked in NYC surely. I drove to Kennedy Airport from NJ twice and that was all of NYC I care to ever see. Regardless, I just don't buy that NYC public workers are so abused, but one would have to to define "abuse" to make any sense of the idea at all.

How about we settle this by defining "abuse" in terms of the argument. Is abuse one government worker being paid more than another? Is it getting paid less than private sector people? (Remember, you have to compare the same jobs and responsibilities. You can't compare a sanitation worker to a stock broker.).

I bet NYC is expensive as hell compared to a lot of the rest of the country. If we both answer these questions we'll have an idea. If the answers are as widely divergent as I expect they will be it reveals that the problems in New York are created in New York.

1. What is the starting pay, ending pay, and retired pay for a rookie NYC cop or fireman?

2. What is the amount for teachers?

3. What is the retirement age or required years of service for the same?

4. What percentage of employed people in NYC work for government?

5. What is the sales tax?

7. What is the cigarette tax?

8. What do you have to do to own a gun in NYC to protect your family?

9. Do people in NYC pay state and city income tax?

10. How many mils is the property tax rate on private residences?

11. What do you pay for a gallon of milk?

12. What do you pay for a gallon of gasoline?

13. For shits and grins, how long does it take and what does it cost to get a license to sell lemonade from a street stand?

These questions have bearing on what it costs to live, the cost of doing business, and the cost of government there. I'll trade you.

You are right, you have to compare public sector employees to their equivalent in the private sector and immediately right there your argument begins to fall apart.. because many of the public sector jobs have no equivalent to private sector. Cops, firemen, EMS, sanitation etc etc.. You can't compare a police officer to the walmart security job, you cant compare a major city fireman to a volunteer in the suburbs (number 1 because they are exactly that.. a volunteer.. number 2, major cities firemen have a much greater chance of responding to a fire).. And many of these public sector jobs have a serious and very real risk of death.. how much money would YOU be willing to work for to risk your life every single day??
Now if you want to compare the salaries between any old desk job for the government, say a clerk of some sorts.. well you see I don't see the point because if it was up to me only the public sector employees that do the unique jobs (police, fire, ems, sanitation etc etc) would get the govt guaranteed pensions and benefits as this is their reward for serving us all with their lives. Your standard run of the mill paper shuffler should not be receiving any more generous benefits.

But I will humor your # points:

#1 NYPD $44,744-90,829 FDNY $43,074-99,104 Both retire at 1/2 pay

#2 (though like i said I don't see how teachers are relevant because they get anything they want and don't deserve what they make for only working 1/2 the year).. but NYC teachers start at $45,530-$74,796 depending on their degrees and previous teaching experience.. and top pay is $100,049

#3 NYPD/FDNY must do at least 20 years each assuming you survive. Teachers, there's too much to read through.. but they do well, I know its not uncommon for teachers to retire with 80-90k pensions.

#4 NYC has approx 250,000 public employees total. Percentage not really possible to calculate because of the shear amount of people who do no reside in NYC but come from suburbs and NJ and CT to work. The city has 8.1 million and the number of commuters may be as high as 1.5-2million.

#5 NYS and NYC sales tax combined is 8.875%

(you skipped 6)

#7 There is a combined City and State cigarette tax of $6.46 per pack on all cigarettes possessed for sale or use in New York City

#8 Licenses to get a handgun are almost impossible in NYC.. and NYC is the only place in NYS that requires a permit for a rifle or shotgun. This is much easier but still costly.. http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/permits/rifle_licensing_information.shtml

#9 yes you have to pay both.. my NYS income tax rate is 5.5% and another 3.5% for the city.

#10 mils?

#11 I buy it by the 1/2 gallon... about $2

#12 Gas #3.99

#13 I havnt heard of the NYPD cracking down on kids lemonade stands yet.. but for a "personal mobile food vendor" permit.. according to the NYC website.. looks like it costs you about $103 and a few weeks.

5/22/2012 7:06:16 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

Quote from pelham12345:

But I will humor your # points:

#1 NYPD $44,744-90,829 FDNY $43,074-99,104 Both retire at 1/2 pay

Ours start at $28-34K depending on education. Top pay is $64K for the cheifs. Retirement is at 20 years and 50% that goes up with years.

#2 (though like i said I don't see how teachers are relevant because they get anything they want and don't deserve what they make for only working 1/2 the year).. but NYC teachers start at $45,530-$74,796 depending on their degrees and previous teaching experience.. and top pay is $100,049

Teachers start at $32K and the top earns about $64K except for college professors tat the medical school can make quite a lot (they are medical doctors).

#3 NYPD/FDNY must do at least 20 years each assuming you survive. Teachers, there's too much to read through.. but they do well, I know its not uncommon for teachers to retire with 80-90k pensions.

20 or more years.

#4 NYC has approx 250,000 public employees total. Percentage not really possible to calculate because of the shear amount of people who do no reside in NYC but come from suburbs and NJ and CT to work. The city has 8.1 million and the number of commuters may be as high as 1.5-2million.

The percentage of government to private sector workers is 19.8% statewide or about 1 in 5 people work for the govenement. That percetnage of expense doew not include people on public benefits which take the percentage to over much higher.

#5 NYS and NYC sales tax combined is 8.875%

Not bad, ours is 9.125%

(you skipped 6)

#7 There is a combined City and State cigarette tax of $6.46 per pack on all cigarettes possessed for sale or use in New York City

I don't buy mine here they are too expensive, about $4.50 a pack. MArlboros in Missouri are $32 a caton or about $3.20 a pack. Not sure what the tax is but the total cost is less than NYC tax.

#8 Licenses to get a handgun are almost impossible in NYC.. and NYC is the only place in NYS that requires a permit for a rifle or shotgun. This is much easier but still costly.. http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/permits/rifle_licensing_information.shtml

Here you just go in, select what you want - Rifle, shotgun, handgun, whatever, buy it, fill out a form, if you pass muster after a phone call to a data base you are on your way with anything you want to buy in about 5 minutes. You can buy a black powder firearm, including revolvers if you are 18 and don't need any kind of check. If you are away from home overnight you may carry concealed without a permit of any kind. If you want a concealed carry permit you take a class for $50-75, fill out an application, get your prints taken at the police department, add a photo for an ID and mail it in with a small fee. You get your permit in a couple weeks.

#9 yes you have to pay both.. my NYS income tax rate is 5.5% and another 3.5% for the city.

No local income taxes. State is about 3%.

#10 mils?

3.75 mils

#11 I buy it by the 1/2 gallon... about $2

Prices vary, about $3.49 a gallon average.

#12 Gas #3.99

Yesterday gas was $3.49

#13 I havnt heard of the NYPD cracking down on kids lemonade stands yet.. but for a "personal mobile food vendor" permit.. according to the NYC website.. looks like it costs you about $103 and a few weeks.

Permits here just went up for temporary businesses. It is something like $25. Yard sale permits are new and cost $5. Nobody pays the yard sale permits much anyway. We don't have poice running around checking. Anybody try to shut a kids lemonade stand down around here the neighbors would tar and feather them, run them out of town, or simply hang them.

The average home price here is around $150K - 175K depending on the area. Some older homes in crappy areas can be had for as little as $30 - $50K though we have them that go up into the several millions....we have Wal-Mart HQ down the road. Rent for a two bedroom apartment at 900 sq ft or so averages around $600 a month.

5/22/2012 10:44:30 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Yea well 1100sqft houses in the NYC area are $200-300k and 2000 sqft are 500+

Renting is expensive.. Avg manhattan rent is 3k a month for a 1br

5/22/2012 11:58:40 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

That's the point. What you describe are totally unreasonable prices anywhere except perhaps a handful of other places like LA, San Francisco, etc. 90 plus percent of the people in this country live where costs are a fraction of what you describe. Pay, salaries, taxes, etc., reflect it. It creates a situation where the rest of American taxpayers subsidize the inflated costs of a few "out of control" areas. Interesting isn't it?

5/22/2012 1:22:39 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
drew_5050
Middletown, OH
34, joined Oct. 2011

Hey, pelham did you know its youre damn fault that new york is so expensive. Is it the cushy union life style us poor poor people in the fly over states are paying for you to live?

New York City is expensive because it is! There are 8 million or so people in the city. By comparison all of ohio except cleveland has around 8 million people. The actual population is around 11.5 million. Free market principles explain why new york is expensive. The more demand there is for a certain good or service the more valuable it becomes if the supply isn't increased. A luxury one bedroom apartment here starts at 700 a month. a crappy one 300 a month. Where as in new york its like 3k a month for rent. Thats because you have more people with a supply that cannot easily be increased. Rent is going to be high. Then rent costs get passed on to the consumer in everyway. If you own a grocery store and rent is 5k or more a month do you think that, that cost wont be passed on to us when we get food?

Of course I dont think I could stand being in new york for long. I couldnt imagine hell being much worse. Im not trying to knock people who live there. Just not for me.

5/22/2012 4:12:26 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from jbck:
That's the point. What you describe are totally unreasonable prices anywhere except perhaps a handful of other places like LA, San Francisco, etc. 90 plus percent of the people in this country live where costs are a fraction of what you describe. Pay, salaries, taxes, etc., reflect it. It creates a situation where the rest of American taxpayers subsidize the inflated costs of a few "out of control" areas. Interesting isn't it?

Yes so this statement has what bearing on your previous arguement? Absolutely none.

And your arguement is completely flawed.. NYS provides far more revenue to the Federal govt than it recieves back in aid.. So if anything, NYS taxpayers are funding programs in other states like yours which I'm sure get more back than they pay in.

And to both you and drew.. NYC costs are so highly primarily by 3 factors.. Yes drew, 1 is supply/demand.. Lots of people lots of demand.. 2 is the retarded high taxes that primarily go to fund this state and city's insanely expensive massive welfare nanny programs and #3 everythig is more expensive just because it IS 'new york city'.. The history of the city and all its fame commands a premium

5/22/2012 5:17:50 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

I'm sure NYC has some nice palces. But I wouldn't call that much of a premium, especially based on the costs to simply live there. I'm not much of a city boy. Our regional population is only about 600,000.

Here I can go where I want when I want and never have to worry about much of anything. The traffic isn't too bad, I can take the Jeep or Harley. The air and water is clean. We have live theater, parks, museums, sports, excellent schools, good infrastruture, no shortage of any form of utilities, the unemployment rate is 6.8%.

In a single day I can get up and go fishing in waters that hold two world records within a few miles, top it off with water skiing, have a buffet at the Casino and gamble in the afternoon, and go to a minor league ball game in the evening that is topped off with a fireworks dislay.

We have live theaters and an new art museum that is not the Guggenheim, Metorpolitan, or Broadway or the Yankees, but who cares? It's still fun enough and not expensive or crowded with a bunch of scrappy, rude, noisy people. We have no neighborhoods where you can't walk unmolested regardless of who you are or the time of day or night, either.

I can do all that and not even lock my doors when I'm gone and everything is still here when I get home. If I get a flat several people will stop to help. I've taken a break at the side of the road while riding my Harley and folks stop to check if I need help. I haven't talked to or called a cop in longer than I remember except socially. Though someone gets stupid once in a while a big crime here is catching a shoplifter from Oklahoma at the local Wal-Mart.

I think I'll just keep this old boring place. The price is right, it's safe and secure, the people are great, the weather isn't extreme, there's plenty of work, fun stuff to do, and the city and county governments pretty much mind their own business and don't get too much in the way.

Oh, we don't have any unions....except for government employees. We don't have one single union in any factory here. We live in a right to work state. Republicans do better in this part of the state and most people are pretty conservative.

We do have things like unions in the Capitol. Our Governor lives there and he is a Democrat. Little Rock is a stronghold for them as is Fort Smith. Guess what? Similarly to much larger cites they have lots of poverty, way too many on public assistance, high unemployment, factories closing, huge drug problems, crime, high murder rates (at least for us), and even an OWS crowd.

It's night and day when people work, take care of themselves, and have some level of personal responsibility as opposed to expecting something for nothing and to have life handed to them by the government for free.

And back to unions, they are like people on public assistance. They think someone owes them something regardless of their real worth. I have trouble telling the two groups apart.

5/22/2012 8:24:58 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Thats a nice little story avout springdale, AR jb... But still has nothing to do with your problem with unions.

And with the nyc premium.. You don't get it.. It doesnt matter that there are tons of horribly shitty places in nYC.. The act that NYC exists is all the reason landlords need to command premium price for rent. 2 BR shithole in the South Bronx will run you around $1,500 a month and you have a huge chance of being the victim of a crime.

5/22/2012 9:06:17 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

Quote from pelham12345:
Thats a nice little story avout springdale, AR jb... But still has nothing to do with your problem with unions.

And with the nyc premium.. You don't get it.. It doesnt matter that there are tons of horribly shitty places in nYC.. The act that NYC exists is all the reason landlords need to command premium price for rent. 2 BR shithole in the South Bronx will run you around $1,500 a month and you have a huge chance of being the victim of a crime.

That's the point. What you ahve in NYC are too many unions, too much government, and too many restrictions, and too much tax revenue that allows your mayor to brand and control you with his liberalism.

Unions, especially government employee unions (all of them, not just teachers) is a large part of your unbalanced economy of scale that creates your shitty neighborhoods, the crime, and the attendant imbalances in your financial culture.

Some people do famously well in the priate sector but how many of the middle part of them actually live in the city instead of update, Conn, or NJ? They commute. Most of your senior public sector employees retire in Florida to escape the draconian taxes in NY and NYC. A retired public sector employee from NYC, even an underling type could retire here in Springdale at 40-60K a year in awesome comfort because he retires at a mid-level managers salary and more than twice the average manufacturing employee's wage and he doesn't even have to go to work anymore.

My cousin used to be a city court judge there. She retired. Last I heard she was working for one of the international cosmetic comapnies as their chief atty. I know about some of the stories about crime, ordnances, etc., that you have to live with. It is created when government and unions control things. The mob and unions are married. I grew up for a time in a vice town in NJ. Went to a school where half the kids were mob kids in the 50'2 and 60's. BTW, she bought herself and her mom condos in Florida next door to each other.

The kind of partisanship that rules NYC creates imbalances among the poor. The well to do are largely unaffected. They make the money, they just don't live there much. They let the place consume itself. That happens in spite of rigid government controls that "get results" when they can "doctor" the data to make it seem so. NYC is a place that survives in spite of itself, not because of what it is.

In closing one caveat. I have many friends that lived there, were born there, and worked there. There is a wonderful charm under all the mess. I know that you can get the best subs and pizza in the world, you can sample cusine form every country that is so awesome they really should export it. There are wonderful things there that exist nowhere else. But in spite of those bright lights, it is fundamentally broken. Broken by government (which is unionized) and the unions and the mob that controlled them.

It still goes back to unions. It goes back to having to have some kind of preferential treatment to be able to do better than your neighbors. Unions are representative of extortion and graft. As for Springdale? We do fine because we don't have any of that except for our government employees. In a right to work state, our government unions are not strong enough to f**k things up.

5/23/2012 1:14:16 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from jbck:
That's the point. What you ahve in NYC are too many unions, too much government, and too many restrictions, and too much tax revenue that allows your mayor to brand and control you with his liberalism.

Too much govt, yes, restrictions yes, lots of tax revenue would be great if they didnt take half of it and give to the scum of society... and the unions, no sorry but they simply do not have the power (again for the millionth time.. besides the teachers) you think they do.. a public sector worker in NYC despite all the 'greed' you think they have, can not afford to support a family on 1 salary and live in NYC

5/23/2012 7:02:18 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

is that you pel? you look different today.

5/23/2012 7:06:40 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

Unions have very little power today except public sector ones and theirs is fading. That is good. It was unions after WWII that inflated the salaries of some workers and rslashed the value of the labor of others. It has now gone full circle. What was once necessary became greedy and nearly killed the goose in the end.

5/23/2012 12:15:01 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from jokethem:
is that you pel? you look different today.

I took off the shades pic as main as a social experiment

5/23/2012 3:11:29 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from pelham12345:
I took off the shades pic as main as a social experiment

Any experiment results yet?

5/23/2012 4:49:26 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

I've been getting more spam

5/23/2012 6:59:12 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jbck
Over 2,000 Posts (2,957)
Springdale, AR
62, joined Aug. 2007

Serves you right. Never give union leaders your email address!

5/23/2012 7:53:24 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
wasaqueen
Seymour, IN
72, joined Feb. 2012

You are so right Pel. I have lived here in IN for 20 years and watched wages and worker rights decrease since it has gone republican and the governor has broken the private sector unions. My family members work in auto industry and they are forced to work seven days a week and ten hours a day. If they want time off for family, like my daughter who is raising two grandchildren alone, they get fired. Even slaves got Sunday off.

5/23/2012 9:56:45 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from pelham12345:
I've been getting more spam

lol. I guess its working, sort of.

5/23/2012 9:59:05 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from wasaqueen:
You are so right Pel. I have lived here in IN for 20 years and watched wages and worker rights decrease since it has gone republican and the governor has broken the private sector unions. My family members work in auto industry and they are forced to work seven days a week and ten hours a day. If they want time off for family, like my daughter who is raising two grandchildren alone, they get fired. Even slaves got Sunday off.

Well tell you what wasa. Simple, if you don't like it, fix it.

5/26/2012 9:33:37 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
wasaqueen
Seymour, IN
72, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from jokethem:
Well tell you what wasa. Simple, if you don't like it, fix it.

We are working on it.

5/26/2012 10:09:14 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from wasaqueen:
We are working on it.

6/5/2012 9:59:32 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

well well wasa, sucks to be you tonight. Tea Party 2, lefties 0. In a few months it will be Tea Party 3, lefties -0

cry baby cry

6/6/2012 8:40:53 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Public sector unions are all but dead. Enough of stealing in the name of public trust. They have nothing more than the rest of us...jobs. So why do we give them more than we give ourselves? Makes no sense at all.

6/6/2012 9:05:50 PM Speaking of Scott Walker  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

7/27/2012 3:15:40 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  

jar3359
Morrice, MI
38, joined Jul. 2012

I glad Scott Walker won Wisconsin is in dire straits over the public unions one of the most progressive presidents this country ever had FDR said public unions were bad there is a big difference between public and private unions I'll leave it at that.

7/27/2012 8:26:27 AM Speaking of Scott Walker  

shawnsr33
Over 1,000 Posts (1,144)
Dayton, OH
46, joined May. 2011

Quote from drew_5050:
Thats kind of shitty in a way. Ive signed some guys petition to run for city council last year. I'd be pretty pissed if his opponent came after me. And It also sets a bad precedent. You watch, every republican in the state will have this happen to them now. I wouldn't be smiling about it.

Good let them try to raise a family on minimum wage and tell them to keep believing in the american dream.