Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelight singles

And if you have extra questions, it s a great way to prompt them for a different date. sonoma county dating His operate has been featured on Marriage. Get a no cost demo of your event right now with no revenue down. www flingster This will give you a lot of opinionated answers.

skipthegames chat

It is so long, you decide on a username and and you begin sign to strangers with just one click with out may and as guest and so you commence talking about a random subject in group chat. norwich hook up Before the on line dating boom, folks usually met their partners throughout a evening out, at function, or via mutual connections such as loved ones and close friends. Now your photographs have to be high def, not just some selfie, due to the fact back then that was fairly a great deal all everyone could post. dating bahrain free Recently, I was talking with a girl who appeared to be a excellent match.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/18/2012 6:14:20 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

A revealing article with excellent links to associated articles and other information is provided below.

What is so telling is that when the government picks winners and losers it does a poor job. One thing to remember about it is that the GM bailout, like Chrysler, wasn't designed to save any "fat cats" in corporate jets, or a company, or investors. It was purely to protect the UAW and buy union votes for Obama and the democratic party.

Similarly, the other "bailouts" and investments in government sponsored projects will work the same way. When the "stimulus" money runs out, so will the jobs. Watch the unemployment rate soar then. EQ1 and 2 are over and there isn't any more to give.

For further reading the following article from Forbes is revealing. It presents the facts and helps one form realistic opinions about a lot of other things. It also illustrates how we are losing to more competitive companies based overseas.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/08/15/general-motors-is-headed-for-bankruptcy-again/

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/18/2012 6:18:57 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Sorry for the duplication.

8/19/2012 12:13:30 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Delete one of them

8/19/2012 12:09:11 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  
creed610
Folcroft, PA
47, joined Nov. 2009

"I want to do for every industry in America what we did for the Auto Industry"-President Obama.....need any other reasons to vote for Romney/Ryan in November?

8/19/2012 12:40:40 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Not really, but there are some who support massive govt spending who vote for obama for that reason.. Though the majority who will vote for him are those dependant on govt aid and those who are brainwashed into blindly voting for any name next to the D collum.

Obama has consistently dropped in polls of independant voters over the last 2 years, he has a terrible record and his policies are unpopular with independants, it's a fact.

8/19/2012 9:51:47 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  
jokethem
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,151)
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

was'nt the million dollar bonus's enough for the union bosses?

8/20/2012 8:49:15 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from pelham12345:
Not really, but there are some who support massive govt spending who vote for obama for that reason.. Though the majority who will vote for him are those dependant on govt aid and those who are brainwashed into blindly voting for any name next to the D collum.

Obama has consistently dropped in polls of independant voters over the last 2 years, he has a terrible record and his policies are unpopular with independants, it's a fact.

According to what I see what you say is true. I think it is also telling that ABC, NBC, CBS, the New York Times and Washington Post put Obama's musings on the front page and as leading headlines even when they are meaningless meanderings and personal attacks on his opponenets that have nothing to do with the core issues independents care about (things like jobs, growth, debt, the economy).

In spite of their support OBama's lead in most polls is quickly evaporating. I bet that once he and Biden have to go head to head with Romney and Ryan the polls will shift even more dramtically. If Obama's campaign performance doesn't change soon or unless he has some really wild card up his sleeve, it think it is going to be a rout!

8/27/2012 7:21:32 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

shawnsr33
Over 1,000 Posts (1,144)
Dayton, OH
46, joined May. 2011

Quote from creed610:
"I want to do for every industry in America what we did for the Auto Industry"-President Obama.....need any other reasons to vote for Romney/Ryan in November?

Hold on a minute, you can blame Reagan for our auto industry going down the tubes, GM and all the auto industrys were making recod profits until Reagan came along and threw the working class under the bus, that includes YOU! Talk to someone who by some mirical that would be still living in Flint Michigan listen to what they say!
However you tell me what would our country be like if we didnt bail out the auto indutry like we did the BANKS!

8/28/2012 11:33:09 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from shawnsr33:
Hold on a minute, you can blame Reagan for our auto industry going down the tubes, GM and all the auto industrys were making recod profits until Reagan came along and threw the working class under the bus, that includes YOU! Talk to someone who by some mirical that would be still living in Flint Michigan listen to what they say!
However you tell me what would our country be like if we didnt bail out the auto indutry like we did the BANKS!

You cite unrelated issues and distort events to satisfy big labor's agenda. Just I guess but I bet you are a union guy. My family is full of union people and even though I love them, their union "power" has done more to offset economies of scale that have destroyed the true value of manual labor across the country.

Ever wondeer why a car costs as much as a house but you can still afford to eat? It's the disparity in wages where one manual laborer with the same basic skills makes 6 times the other. It is also a big reason that GM and Chrysler will fail again.

In a world economy labor unions atificially inflate the value of manual labor here in the good old USA making us uncompetitive with other countries that make proudcts just as good as ours. They sell cars, we don't.

As a result, everyone suffers so a few union people may prosper. The same situation is true with government employees that make up 95% of union members in America today. They have made government so expensive with their collective bargaining power that cities are going bankrupt. If we are to survive in a world economy and prosper we must figure out a way to be cost competitive. Until the days of "organized" labaor are finally over, that will never happen.

Face it, the days of unions and organized labor are nearing the end. People that rely on such artifical prosperity would do well to adjust and prepare for it.

[Edited 8/28/2012 11:34:11 AM ]

8/31/2012 4:56:22 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

shawnsr33
Over 1,000 Posts (1,144)
Dayton, OH
46, joined May. 2011

Nope not a union man, dad was a teamster, me im an owner op so i run my own business.
I just dont like paying taxes so the poor man can eat and the rich get fatter!

8/31/2012 8:17:03 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  
jokethem
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,151)
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Anounced yesterday, chevy is stopping production of the volt. Don't know if a temp thing or not.

8/31/2012 9:35:42 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,851)
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

the ceo of toyota once quipped, 'the answer to financial problems in the auto industry is to build a good car.'

8/31/2012 2:27:04 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from jrbogie1949:
the ceo of toyota once quipped, 'the answer to financial problems in the auto industry is to build a good car.'

And it worked well when we were the only ones building good cars. Today it is different, we have to also build a good car that is price competitive.

8/31/2012 3:28:54 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

pentopaper
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (52,079)
Okmulgee, OK
50, joined Nov. 2008

Quote from shawnsr33:

oh,,,it was regan that did that,,,it couldent possibly be the fact that during the 80s and 90s ford,gm & chrystler WHERE PUTTING OUT CRAP VEHICLES...couldent possibly be that, then you would have to put blame where it belonged,on the manufacturer,,the product WAS CRAP!!!!!

9/1/2012 1:23:08 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

charliechap50
Nekoosa, WI
54, joined Mar. 2012

You got that right on the money it seems like all this president can do is squander money to his cronys

9/1/2012 8:36:51 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from 58dpilot:
And it worked well when we were the only ones building good cars. Today it is different, we have to also build a good car that is price competitive.

we build toyotas. toyotas are assembled here with more domestic made parts than any of the big three.

9/1/2012 9:42:40 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from jrbogie1949:
we build toyotas. toyotas are assembled here with more domestic made parts than any of the big three.

And non-union labor.

9/1/2012 11:49:35 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

I think more toyotas are made in canada than the us though

9/1/2012 1:06:48 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from pelham12345:
I think more toyotas are made in canada than the us though

Remember the critical element is cost regardless of any hype or other BS. Business is business and all are price competitive.

One of the largests costs, and in many industries the most significant cost, for any company is labor cost. Unionized (UAW)manual labor in the US auto industry (GM and Chrysler especially) creates labor costs that are on the average 2-3 times higher than other North American manufacturers (Honda, Toyota), and when considering overseas workers in Asia often 10 times higher or more.

That deminishes the level of sales for unionized manufacturers and also allows non-unionized manufacturers to enjoy much greater profit margins because of the artifically high cost of unionized cars.

It's simple, if you can't get the price right, you won't stay in business.

9/1/2012 5:58:59 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

ford builds the focus in thialand. a toyota tundra has more american made parts than a ford f150. this buy american crap is waaaaaaaay oversold. i buy value.

9/1/2012 8:28:41 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Well dobt forget, japan also has cars and parts built here and canada because of Shipping costs. I own a mazda and i was surprised that it was actually made in Japan.

9/3/2012 10:09:50 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from jrbogie1949:
ford builds the focus in thialand. a toyota tundra has more american made parts than a ford f150. this buy american crap is waaaaaaaay oversold. i buy value.

Exactly. It's all about value. When your labor costs are three to ten times those of your competetors, it is not possible to offer the same level of value without accepting huge losses or relying on government subsidies. Unless and until the UAW gets real about the value of the labor it's members provide to their employers, they are destined to continue to fail together.

9/3/2012 10:13:24 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

pentopaper
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (52,079)
Okmulgee, OK
50, joined Nov. 2008

Quote from jrbogie1949:

but does the money stay here,,i think not,,,,toyota gets huge tax insentives,,pays its workers then sends all the profit back to japan. thats the part people tend to forget,convince me the money is staying here

9/3/2012 10:34:02 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from pentopaper:
but does the money stay here,,i think not,,,,toyota gets huge tax insentives,,pays its workers then sends all the profit back to japan. thats the part people tend to forget,convince me the money is staying here

Where corporate profits go doesn't matter much. What does matter is what portion supports the local economy. "Sending profits to Japan" hasn't helped it get out of it's 30 year recession. What does matter is what governments do with their "cut". Most of that of late is simply wasted. Put that back into services, business, and manufacturing and every person and every economy benefits worldwide.

9/4/2012 2:39:52 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from andy505050:
Its good when a company employs people. And as far as corporate profits are concerned, some of them go to the share holders which im one of them. In a global economy its not so black and white.

Looks like Obama is going to use giving jobs to people at GM with taxpayers dollars lost as positive thing at the Democratic convention. In reality he should be thanking the taxpayers that footed the bill, not some kind of brilliant benevolence on his part. GM will go bankrupt anyway.

9/4/2012 11:13:08 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from andy505050:
I don't care really. I mean I do. But our global competitors do things that prop up their economies. I don't think there is a govt in the world that don't do things to stimulate their economy or to save jobs that otherwise wuold be lost. If you could go back in time and ask vanquished govts of the past, govts that were overthrown, and those leaders could see the tragedies that befell the 20th century I bet they would say that they wish they did more to help people and to do things that helped secure their economic futures.

We're gonna see alot of this in next year. The drought this year will put alot of pressure on poorer people in less wealthy countries. Hungry people are angry people, and angry people overthrow govts.

So is it that big of a deal that some jobs get saved at GM? No not really. And I hate having these conversations with people who don't understand economics. And people who don't get it. I had this debate with a friend of mine. What we're seeing isn't anything new. And the next time I have an economic discussion with someone the first question I'm going to ask them is if they have ever heard of Adam Smith. And if they haven't I wont even have the debate with them. Because theyre probabably wrong and I am probably right and its a waste of my time and theirs. Because if they don't understand the history of capitalism, theyre not going to have a well thought out position that isn't some garbage one of these popular politicians has spewed out who is just as f**king clueless about how the economy works.

Bill Clinton is the only politician I have ever seen who understood how the economy works. (and no I dont want any shit for this, Im not giving him credit for the good economy, that was the tech boom)

Unlimited govt support that the democrats preach isn't the way. But the republicans are just as stupid. You will "not" create jobs by cutting rich peoples taxes alone. Because they are not the job creators. WE ALL ARE. The only thing tax rates influence is where a new company might set up shop. If there is demand and people can make money there will be investment and jobs. Plain and simple. So this is a silly debate. But so is solyndra and other democrat pet projects.

If we want a strong economy you have to have a broad middle class. A middle class that has decent jobs with decent wages and some upward mobility. If a large number of people belong to that group, there will be lots and lots of opportunities. And...furthermore for all those people who piss on people who are on govt assistance.....a strong middle class gives them the incentive to improve their lives. I mean why change if your middle class counter parts are getting food stamps now too because they have fallen so far behind?

Right now, our economy is like a dog chasing its tail.

You're overcomplicating things. The details are just fluff. It's the fundamental principles that matter. You can't spend and promise to spend more than you can create. It's so freaking simple. See the basics and don't be distracted by the smoke and mirrors.

I know, it's hard, especially when they say, "But wait, if you act now we'll give you two for the price of one and toss in this really cool little extra 50 cent tool"! All you gotta do is just pay the extra shipping and handling.

It's the extra shipping and handling that busts your ass. That is always true. It's part of the smoke and mirrors that cost you so much more. Just get what you want and need and don't fall for the fluff. You keep talking about the fluff and nobody really needs a miracle salad slicer in the first place so don't buy it.

9/5/2012 8:37:27 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from pentopaper:

the vast majority of toyota stock holders are american individuals or institutions. it's simple to argue that toyota is an american owned company. more auto workers are employed by toyota IN AMERICA who pay income, ss and medicare taxes TO AMERICA than any other auto manufacturer. the money is staying here. a group of japanese bought pebble beach back in the eighties. and guess what? pebble beach is still here.

[Edited 9/5/2012 8:38:10 AM ]

9/5/2012 9:29:27 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from jrbogie1949:
the vast majority of toyota stock holders are american individuals or institutions. it's simple to argue that toyota is an american owned company. more auto workers are employed by toyota IN AMERICA who pay income, ss and medicare taxes TO AMERICA than any other auto manufacturer. the money is staying here. a group of japanese bought pebble beach back in the eighties. and guess what? pebble beach is still here.

Very good points. BTW, I shot a 62 at Pebble Beach once. Played Tiger Woods....beat him.....on the Tiger Woods Golf computer game!

9/5/2012 4:21:12 PM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  
pelham12345
Bronx, NY
35, joined Dec. 2011

Before or after he got cracked in the skull with his own club?

9/6/2012 9:08:36 AM Looksk like GM is going bankrupt again!  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

It's like Obamacare. It replaces Medicare and saves 700 billion and is only predicted to cost 750 billion over the first ten years? It's just math you see? How could that be when medicare alone would cost twice that. Where is the cost of Obamacare piled on top of it? The math just doesn't work. Some say a more accurate figure for Obamacare is like 2.4 trillion over the first 10 years. Medicare was supposed to cost something like 11 billion over 10 years when it was created and the actual cost was 120 billion. There is no way to predict what Obamacare will cost but you can rest assured it will be much, much more than OMB or the CBO predict.

Then you go bail out an auto company so it's workers can continue to cost about $64 an hour instead of a more reasonable 1/3 that. Half the taxpayer investment is lost in the first year and it's ready to go bankrupt again anyway. What have you done? You haven't saved an industry or jobs, you just preserved very expensive laborers for an extra year or two at taxpayer expense. That might be good for winning votes in an election, but it's bad for every other reason imaginable.

While the bailed out companies languish, their competetors that pay more reasonable labor costs are making record profits. Why? Simple. It's because they can sell their products at highly inflated prices relative to Chrysler and GM and still be more price competitive in the market. While Chrysler and GM are trying to sell cars that cost as much as a "house", the others are selling "campers" for the price of houses.

The point is there is no magic the government can work to affect the economy. No matter what they do the economy will adjust to reality. All government magic does is cost taxpayers dearly for the favors it throws to a few of it's darlings. Solyundra, Tesla, GM, Chrysler, and the others are all the same. No magic is gonna make them successful, it's just going to squander billions in taxpayer money as effectively as flushing it down the toilet.