Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

tempe hookups

Websites like OkCupid that only let you contact members if you have both liked or swiped suitable on each and every other also remove undesirable messages. single men toronto I felt like 2021 was going to be the very best year of my life, planning for pregnancy and had already created plans to get my IUD out, I had zero symptoms. I would stick to the perform, pub, pals of buddies or hobbies as possible sources of partners Hey guys, I am glad to be here and share my expertise with you! Also I teach a handful of guys how to send targeted traffic. rubratings las vegas You have never ever been a lot more vulnerable than you are nowadays.

better than craigslist for hookups

There s also no way for catfish to get onto this app. clearwater hookups When a match is produced, it may be best not to retain a long period of communication by way of chat or text. Hello Guys everyone applying snapchat traffic for adult dating ? Hey, I am new into CPA, I would like to operate on CPA dating niche. cityxguide maui More than pumpkin pie, I saw my boyfriend s brother s dog drag anything tiny along the floor and drop it in the middle of the living space.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/24/2012 8:13:47 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
skylar1980
Philadelphia, PA
36, joined Aug. 2012

By understanding the religious replicators, the ideological replication strategies which keep religious faith alive. See how they work, and we can find ways to disable them or diminish their effect.

Replication Strategy: High Birth Rates:
A high birth rate among the faithful helps spread religion. We might wish that those with more rational ideas would start having many children, while the religious slow their rate of reproduction, but this isn't likely. What we can do though, is expose children to better ideas, so that the religious nonsense is not carried on to the next generation.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/25/2012 9:55:08 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,398)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

By educating the people.

8/26/2012 4:15:33 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

Unfortunately religion will never be stopped because there will always be those who refuse to admit that no "higher power" truly exists other than nature.

8/26/2012 6:41:02 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

belphegor1943
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,461)
Austin, TX
34, joined May. 2012

We see lower religious tendencies in those fluent in science than in the rest of society. Last I heard - and I may not be exact - polls conducted on science community members polled at about 40% being religious and 60% (roughly) being agnostic or atheist. Members of the elite science community polled at about 10% theist and the other 90% being either agnostic or atheist.

The rest of society, those who don't understand or have only a limited understanding of the sciences, polled in the upper 80s percentage theist and about 10% agnostic or atheist.

People can think for themselves and turn away from religion while being raised in it - they do it all the time. I did it. People need to be educated and taught to think.

So there you go...

[Edited 8/26/2012 6:43:36 AM ]

8/26/2012 6:43:57 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from azmetalfan:
Unfortunately religion will never be stopped because there will always be those who refuse to admit that no "higher power" truly exists other than nature.

We will not see "its demise" but I believe in another 100 or so years religion will be something only in the books on mythology.

8/26/2012 6:48:08 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

belphegor1943

Is common sense what makes a person to be a non-believer.

8/26/2012 1:28:37 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
skylar1980
Philadelphia, PA
36, joined Aug. 2012

Azmeth
Fortunately these people are not immortals. We must target the youth, this is why we must fight to keep religion out of schools. When these god worshippers get the young humans they have a good chance of keeping their doctrine alive.
Puppies and kittens aren't buying the jazz, but the human babes will.

8/26/2012 5:36:43 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

belphegor1943
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,461)
Austin, TX
34, joined May. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
belphegor1943

Is common sense what makes a person to be a non-believer.

Not necessarily.

"The common sense view of reality is not compatible with modern physics." -Stephen Hawking.

8/28/2012 5:28:40 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from skylar1980:
Azmeth
Fortunately these people are not immortals. We must target the youth, this is why we must fight to keep religion out of schools. When these god worshippers get the young humans they have a good chance of keeping their doctrine alive.

Hopefully you just hit the wrong keys for my name. Its AZMETAL not meth . I say we should allow for religion to be included in history and social studies the same way that Greek mythology is taught. I don't want schools to teach religion as any kind of fact but as a cultural subject. I believe that we all have the right to worship whatever we want or to not worship anything as it says in the Bill of Rights of this great nation and if a religious group has their own schools then they can teach the kids creationism or whatever but not in the public schools.

After all George Carlin was the product of Catholic school and you see how religious he turned out to be.

8/28/2012 7:19:15 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from azmetalfan:
. I say we should allow for religion to be included in history and social studies the same way that Greek mythology is taught.

And the way you mention is exactly the one in which religion is presented in the schools...as part of history and its impact on society.

9/3/2012 8:09:43 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
buckeye1332
Marion, OH
38, joined Oct. 2011

To "stop religion from spreading further" to me is the same a racism and hatred. If someone chooses to believe or not to believe, it is their choice. How they are as a person is what matters. I have both friends who are believers and non believers, and we have enough respect for each other's beliefs that we leave that topic alone. I mean there is both good and bad people who believe and do not believe.

9/3/2012 8:46:54 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
sinsemillasistr
Fredericksburg, TX
60, joined Aug. 2009

^^ Best answer ever!

9/3/2012 10:25:40 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
pinguinorojo
Johnson City, NY
31, joined Feb. 2010

Op, if one of the strategies is to for us atheist folk to start having more babies... then, I am available on Saturday and Sunday, we can start making babies then.

On a more serious note, I don't see religion going away any time soon; perhaps in a thousand years. History tends to repeat itself, and history says that religions grow old, die, then other ones take their place. Unfortunately, there are still enough people ignorant of history, enough to keep repeating the cycle of believing their god(s) is(are) the 'true' and 'only' one(s).

9/4/2012 1:12:42 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Quote from skylar1980:
Azmeth

People should be free to decide what to believe, just like you are. The law already calls for a separation of church and state. And private entities should have the right to teach what ever they like. Freedom and progression are not achieved through oppression or suppression.

9/7/2012 8:52:32 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
pinguinorojo
Johnson City, NY
31, joined Feb. 2010

Quote from bradm29:
People should be free to decide what to believe, just like you are. The law already calls for a separation of church and state. And private entities should have the right to teach what ever they like. Freedom and progression are not achieved through oppression or suppression.

The law stays intact until enough people ask for it to be changed.

9/8/2012 3:30:02 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,613)
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

This needs repeating.

Quote from duchessa:
By educating the people.

9/8/2012 6:07:26 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from muldoon1959:
This needs repeating.

Quote from duchessa:
By educating the people.

Thanks,

Robert G. Ingersoll
As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers

9/10/2012 7:39:08 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
cutesiename
Jonesborough, TN
51, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from buckeye1332:
To "stop religion from spreading further" to me is the same a racism and hatred. If someone chooses to believe or not to believe, it is their choice. How they are as a person is what matters. I have both friends who are believers and non believers, and we have enough respect for each other's beliefs that we leave that topic alone. I mean there is both good and bad people who believe and do not believe.

9/10/2012 8:32:56 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
gabe_zen
Miami, FL
42, joined Sep. 2012

1: education(although it might take a few generations of 100% literacy to really kill the fairy tales.

2: get rid of all conspiracy theorists. They end up starting religions or cults.

3: live regret free, you dont need a savior to forgive you.
Religious replicators? Thats a dumb strategy. Most avid atheists are from religious parents.

9/11/2012 2:04:30 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Sorry...I can't respect a person whose beliefs stop the advance of mankind.

9/12/2012 6:56:27 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
rmk13
Tampa, FL
46, joined Aug. 2012

When people accept the fact that energy and matter has always existed.

9/14/2012 4:00:31 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from buckeye1332:

9/14/2012 6:45:07 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
chubbyexhubby
Dearborn, MI
51, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
By educating the people.

The first step to educating the people is to point out publicly every time any/all religious leader(s) lie!!!!

9/14/2012 9:45:20 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from chubbyexhubby:
The first step to educating the people is to point out publicly every time any/all religious leader(s) lie!!!!

well, during my teaching years I used something a lil different...I presented a case to the students and let them to reason their ways to a conclusion....Gee, the results were magnificent.

9/15/2012 2:29:30 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

whays
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,629)
Payson, AZ
73, joined Nov. 2008

The Socratic method can be the best.

9/15/2012 7:14:27 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from chubbyexhubby:

A lot of work....don't forget that religion on itself is a lie

9/16/2012 7:44:09 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

This is one way to stop it....by petitioning the authorities to enforce those laws that state the separation of religion and government.
This pic shows members of my Atheist group -I am the third from the right- yesterday collecting signatures (we gathered 105) to back up said petition.

Photobucket

9/16/2012 11:46:41 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

enemyofreality
Tampa, FL
26, joined Mar. 2012

You don't.

While I agree that it's not only idiotic but also severely harmful to the human race, I also believe that people have every right to believe in a religion. I wish it would stay out of politics though. THAT I would be all for bringing a stop to.

9/17/2012 10:33:38 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from enemyofreality:
You don't.

While I agree that it's not only idiotic but also severely harmful to the human race, I also believe that people have every right to believe in a religion. I wish it would stay out of politics though. THAT I would be all for bringing a stop to.

The problem with people having "every right to practice a religion" is how it could -irreversibly- affect another human being. See, if a person's religious beliefs tell him / her to keep insulin from being administered to his/her child suffering from Diabetes 1...this person's religious beliefs lead to murder....

Below we have the vid of an Australian's court decision against the parents of a four y/o child.

9/17/2012 6:28:00 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

whays
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,629)
Payson, AZ
73, joined Nov. 2008

Change image. Promote "Bikers for Atheism". Easy to spread on internet. Famed athletes.
Gunslingers. Criminals.

9/17/2012 8:35:15 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

enemyofreality
Tampa, FL
26, joined Mar. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
The problem with people having "every right to practice a religion" is how it could -irreversibly- affect another human being. See, if a person's religious beliefs tell him / her to keep insulin from being administered to his/her child suffering from Diabetes 1...this person's religious beliefs lead to murder....

Below we have the vid of an Australian's court decision against the parents of a four y/o child.

I think it's a different story when someone's life is directly at stake, especially that of a child.

But in any other case as I said I do think they have every right to believe in a religion (I did not say practice, but I guess it's the same thing).

9/18/2012 6:00:50 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from enemyofreality:
I think it's a different story when someone's life is directly at stake, especially that of a child.

But in any other case as I said I do think they have every right to believe in a religion (I did not say practice, but I guess it's the same thing).

I agree. No person or government should be allowed to stop people from believing in a religion they choose which is part of how this country was founded. I don't agree with religions that will allow a person to die from a medical condition. However we should respect their choice as we want them to respect ours. Allowing a child to die is wrong in our views but not having religion is wrong in theirs as well.

11/25/2012 3:30:29 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

sweetprincess8
Stockton, CA
31, joined Nov. 2012

All religious based laws should be rewritten according to facts... coaching on who to vote for and what to vote on at religious gatherings or by religious leaders should be illegal. Religion should have NO place in any level of the government/public school systems. I think they should be paying taxes too.

11/30/2012 1:14:06 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

tborsey
Acworth, GA
38, joined Sep. 2011

You can never stop religion. It's a tool for the weak mind. It's a way for man to immortalize him/herself.
Oh and a hell of way to scam tax free money from people.

Just my thoughts on the subject

12/1/2012 8:14:31 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from tborsey:
You can never stop religion. It's a tool for the weak mind. It's a way for man to immortalize him/herself.
Oh and a hell of way to scam tax free money from people.

Just my thoughts on the subject

Education is the way to stop the spreading of religion. Period.

12/1/2012 10:20:42 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
Education is the way to stop the spreading of religion. Period.

This is why religions don't want the facts taught. Young minds are very sharp. They figure things out real quick. When science and religion don't agree then they question religion.

12/2/2012 1:37:57 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,613)
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I saw this line and had to repeat it.
(please forgive the crudity)

Religion is like oral sex..........If you try to ram it down some one's throat,
they're gonna gag on it.

12/7/2012 6:46:32 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
heart_healer
New Caney, TX
33, joined May. 2012

I think everyone bored out there would get a real kick out of this thread in current events and politics, "You give this a title."

Many ridiculed my initial post:
The "elite" of this world have lived generation after generation after generation sheltered and protected, with the entire world at their fingertips from day one. They've never had to make sacrifices, never had to put themselves on the front lines in the worlds greatest battles. The only times they have even taken a step into the danger zone is when they believed the enemy was no match to their technology and they would be able to return home hero's effortlessly. While they roam from one shinny toy to the next all throughout their existence, never having to put forth any effort, never cherishing that which they've been given, the rest of us live on as servants to their deceptions, making our families suffer to be on their schedule. They have never pushed themselves to go beyond their limitations, we have always bowed down and done all the work for them. The claim to control this world, to have created this world, when all along it's been our blood sweat and tears slaving away to make it what it is today. Every time someone rises up to free us all from the daily burden of what we are suppose to be, including them too, all they do is fear the unknown, the shift in power, a world of equality where they too have to take chances knowingly. They demand respect, control, power, for what? The only thing they have given up in their lives, is the voice of reason and the guidance from within their heart that empowers every soul on this earth to take on the world. Without their lies, without our submission, they would be as a child in a frightening world that they've been hiding from all their life. We are the strong, we are the brave, we hold the future in our hearts and minds and make it so each and every day. 

I think there's enough in there to also dismantle the church systems when fully taken in.

12/7/2012 7:29:58 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
heart_healer
New Caney, TX
33, joined May. 2012

I'm thinking a decent title for that thread would have been "Awakening the Collective Consciousness."

12/12/2012 12:41:29 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

david_benjamin
Memphis, TN
33, joined Nov. 2012

A quick answer is, we can't. Plus, it's debatable whether doing so would even be desirable. People must have something to believe in.

12/12/2012 6:31:13 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from david_benjamin:
A quick answer is, we can't. Plus, it's debatable whether doing so would even be desirable. People must have something to believe in.

Must have? This sounds as if you want to keep people engaged in swallowing bullcrap. Are you sure you aren't a preachy one dressed up as an Atheist?

The only thing people need to believe in is in the truth...a truth searched, researched, analyzed and reasoned by each individual and shared by all to start the process allover again to reach to an even finer truth..

12/15/2012 6:41:05 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
sweetieart
Port Orchard, WA
60, joined Dec. 2012

I have noticed, like most places, that nearly everyone on this site calls themselves "Christian". I don't know if it is because they were raised that way so cannot think of another answer, or if there are a hoard of church-goers on single sites!!

Yes, education is the way to learn rational thinking, however, it is so much easier "not to think about it" and "go with the flow", I guess. Not everyone gets the opportunity I had in taking philosophy classes in high school. It opened my eyes, although they were already opening on their own.

Not everyone is a "thinker" either. Some people just like to follow tradition. My parents, for instance, are immersed in "tradition" and it is sacred to them. They are wonderful people, but their thinking will never change.

Have any of you ever been able to have a "significant other" who is Christian?

12/18/2012 8:56:48 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from sweetieart:

Have any of you ever been able to have a "significant other" who is Christian?

NO...If a Christian approaches me I tell him, I don't care for believers...they are easily fooled.

12/24/2012 7:32:28 AM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
crazyme64
Lomira, WI
53, joined Dec. 2012

My dad was a born again christian, preacher and had his own church. But I don't believe in god, heaven or hell at all. But I personally dont care if others do. I think some of us non-believers go to far try to stop religion. I don't care if people are religious, I just dont let them preach to me there bull crap. I believe what I wanna believe. But I'm not so against religion, I'm going to try to stop others from enjoying what they like. If I did, that would just make me a low life too. And I'm better then that, and need to teach morals to my kids too. I have a few friends that are die hard christians. I just ask them nicely to not preach to me, and we get along just fine. And there are things some churches do, that are very kind and good for their comunities. What this world needs is more kindness form everyone regaurdless if you do, or do not believe. We all share this planet, and need to get along. Because if I'm in need of medical help, or help in a accident badly, and a christian lends a helping hand, I'm not going to turn it down. And I bet most of us here wouldn't do that either. Your a fool if you would, just saying.

12/24/2012 7:36:23 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

crazyme64

See, there is a small problem with religion: it nullifies the thought process. In fact, it was invented by few shrewd guys with the sole purpose of keeping people immersed in ignorance.

BTW, no, I wouldn't reject help from a believer and, needless to say, I will help a believer the best way I know how.

12/24/2012 10:54:29 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
crazyme64
Lomira, WI
53, joined Dec. 2012

Well, the problem I have with the bible is, everyone knows that if you tell 100 people the same story, tell them to repeat it, you will have 100 different versions of the same story. If the bible was really true, you would only have 1 version of it, not 50 or so. I still think it was a story book, that got taken out of context over the years. And there is NO hard core proof that it wasn't or was. Even my dad the preacher couldn't answer that.

3/4/2013 8:33:01 PM How do we stop religion from spreading further?  
tercium
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,255)
Hemet, CA
49, joined Nov. 2010

by spenging the resourses to educate and feed the people instead of spending it to build religious sanctuaries. And pull the plug on the religious wars. No more killing for Jesus, Allah or any other religious icon