Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

meag personal

Tinder and OkCupid have lately come under fire following the release of a report by the Norwegian Customer Council which located that the apps are sharing personal user details with third parties. online dating calgary alberta I advocate Undernet network as it has most people on there. The platform does not use a matching scheme, alternatively, it is a massive venue of individual advertisements. doublelist tri cities wa Unless it really is changed in the last ten years, if she cardinal a true catholic to her faith, she will not marry you unless you convert.

real adult hookup

That s why CMB sends you seven selections a day that are cautiously chosen based on their matching algorithm. trinidad hook up 15 per 1 credit). But, at the same time, a lot of distinct subcultures have their personal dating apps and mingling events, and I never consider these are culty, so maybe my issues aren t well founded. sleeping dogs dating I met a girl on Tinder and for our second date, we agreed to meet at my regional watering hole.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/14/2012 10:04:07 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
chubbyexhubby
Dearborn, MI
51, joined Aug. 2012

I have a reason for asking this, but would like to hold it back for a day or two until(if) I get some responses to the simple question.

Have a great day!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/14/2012 2:33:10 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

omgazn
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
New York, NY
29, joined Apr. 2009

Well it all depends. Everyone view on religion is different. I'm not going to categorize everyone in Christianity but each individual point of view. I will respect their point of view on their religion depending on how much they respect my idea of atheism.

9/14/2012 9:31:14 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Long as they respect my views as an atheist' I respect their religious views.

9/14/2012 9:42:23 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,398)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Well, I can't respect the views of those who believe in fairy tales.

9/15/2012 11:07:53 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

memnock7007
Hitchcock, TX
56, joined Apr. 2012

I have no respect for people that refuse to educate themselves.There is writen history that disproves all the major reliions. So,no respect for sheep.No matter which breed they are.

9/15/2012 12:53:47 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
pinguinorojo
Johnson City, NY
31, joined Feb. 2010

I try to be respectful around people and their religions, but, with every headline I am finding it increasingly difficult to show respect.

9/15/2012 6:53:55 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
rmk13
Tampa, FL
46, joined Aug. 2012

What is there to respect,it's all mythology.

9/16/2012 8:17:47 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from rmk13:
What is there to respect,it's all mythology.

Religion, as in with any other fatal disease, interests me because its damaging impact on mankind.

9/16/2012 8:01:50 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

The snobbish holier than thou atitude of some athiests is disconserting at best and arrogant at worst. Science can no more disprove the existance of "God" or "gods" than religion can prove there existance, holding someone else's beliefs to be wrong and the. To judge the character of said person so far as to hold them un respectable is only proof of ones own ignorance. I myself have experianced things that science quite simply cannot explain. Dose that make science and all of its conclusions wrong and un respectable? I understand skepticism. But self rightiosness and arrogance simply because your belifes and someone else's are incongruant is, sad. We are all fallible human creatures, we are all indeveiduals, and we all have a right to be given common human respect.

[Edited 9/16/2012 8:03:38 PM ]

9/16/2012 8:09:08 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Quote from memnock7007:
I have no respect for people that refuse to educate themselves.There is writen history that disproves all the major reliions. So,no respect for sheep.No matter which breed they are.

Ahhhhh so....you liked what one person wrote down as apossed to another.....and that makes you right and them........sheep? You can't honestly say you KNOW anything about history.....unless of course....you were there......were you? Soooooo......who's the sheep? Both of you have accepted what someone else wrote down as fact. Sounds like your bothe sheep.

9/16/2012 11:29:20 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

enemyofreality
Tampa, FL
26, joined Mar. 2012

I have no respect for most religions. I do however have respect for people's rights to believe in them.

9/17/2012 6:51:54 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from bradm29:
...we are all indeveiduals, and we all have a right to be given common human respect.

See, man, I respect the person but I can't extend such courtesy to his/her stupidity.

9/17/2012 11:50:12 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
See, man, I respect the person but I can't extend such courtesy to his/her stupidity.

Quote from duchessa:
Sorry...I can't respect a person whose beliefs stop the advance of mankind.

Seems to me like there's some contradiction going on here. You stand on your belifes like a podium and speak as though your certain. yet even professional physicist and astronomers will tell you, there are no laws in science only theories. Science simply bets on the highest probability. Not doing.so dosnt make you stupid, especially if you have not personally seen the alleged evidence. Funny thing is, you can't even seem to decide weather or not you believe people should be respected in spite of there disagreance. Believeing science is most likely correct dosnt make you or anyone else better or smarter than anyone else, and your acting as though it dose in no way helps humanity progress.

9/17/2012 2:16:46 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
rickster1977
Bath, NY
40, joined Jan. 2012

Nun at all.

9/17/2012 7:53:28 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from bradm29:
Seems to me like there's some contradiction going on here.

Learn to appreciate sarcasm...OK? And no, plain & simple, I don't respect those whose ideas hurt mankind. Period.

9/17/2012 11:54:25 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
Learn to appreciate sarcasm...OK? And no, plain & simple, I don't respect those whose ideas hurt mankind. Period.

Then don't ever look in the mirror

9/18/2012 1:15:05 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

reducingdavid
Chicago, IL
37, joined Sep. 2012

Oh Brad, how little you understand science, fortunately all persons can be educated. Lets start from the simple (and easily understood) misconception about laws and theories.

Lets go to a simple starting place here and visit wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory The main wiki page about theory. Cool huh? Now you'll want to go ahead and click your way in to this section of the article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory . The first line of the entry states "A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment." The last line before the table of contents states "Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the word "theory" in common usage, which implies that something is unproven or speculative."

See? A couple minutes spent with even the most basic (and less scholarly) of sites that endeavor to educate and enlighten should help you with your understanding of the word Theory and what it means in science. Like all words, the meaning is determined by the context in which it finds itself.

David

9/18/2012 11:42:40 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Quote from reducingdavid:
Oh Brad, how little you understand science, fortunately all persons can be educated. Lets start from the simple (and easily understood) misconception about laws and theories.

Lets go to a simple starting place here and visit wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory The main wiki page about theory. Cool huh? Now you'll want to go ahead and click your way in to this section of the article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory . The first line of the entry states "A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment." The last line before the table of contents states "Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the word "theory" in common usage, which implies that something is unproven or speculative."

See? A couple minutes spent with even the most basic (and less scholarly) of sites that endeavor to educate and enlighten should help you with your understanding of the word Theory and what it means in science. Like all words, the meaning is determined by the context in which it finds itself.

David

Wow your so smart. I wonder how often super reliable theory's get proven wrong? You know like weather or not matter can exist in two places at once. Or weather or not time is relative to speed. Perhaps you should look up science or the scientific method before you preach to the choir. Science always leaves open the posibility that even the most well supported theories can be proven wrong, or can be proven in adequate. It is the most basic of scientific precepts, that nothing is absolute. But then you might have come to that conclusion on your own if you weren't so busy trying so hard to sound smart.

9/18/2012 12:24:10 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

A scientific theory is empirical, and is always open to falsification if new evidence is presented. That is, no theory is ever considered strictly certain as science accepts the concept of fallibilism. The philosopher of science Karl Popper sharply distinguishes truth from certainty. He writes that scientific knowledge "consists in the search for truth", but it "is not the search for certainty ... All human knowledge is fallible and therefore uncertain."

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science#Philosophy_of_science,

9/19/2012 7:01:36 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
chubbyexhubby
Dearborn, MI
51, joined Aug. 2012

Ok, I think most of you missed the point of the question. I should've asked: What have Religions done and how long have they done it?

I respect all religions' power to propagate. Imagine if science or atheism could propagate like religions do?

Then there is all religions' power over language. They can twist anything to suit their goals. For example, can anyone find anything that Jesus said that is blatantly wrong? I spent about 2 or 3 hours the other day, and I could not find anything that could not be twisted by a religious leader. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

Then there is the false hopes and promises that people know better than to believe, but they believe anyways. The power to dupe people with average intelligence with what seems to be ease.

Then there is the divisiveness of religions. "Us" against "them". They are evil because they are wrong, different, hate us, etc.

These powers demand respect. I hate religions of all kinds, but I respect them.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles."
Sun Tzu

Cane AKA AtheistTech

9/19/2012 10:21:17 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
rmk13
Tampa, FL
46, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from bradm29:
A scientific theory is empirical, and is always open to falsification if new evidence is presented. That is, no theory is ever considered strictly certain as science accepts the concept of fallibilism. The philosopher of science Karl Popper sharply distinguishes truth from certainty. He writes that scientific knowledge "consists in the search for truth", but it "is not the search for certainty ... All human knowledge is fallible and therefore uncertain."

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science#Philosophy_of_science,

Haha using Poppers philosophy as a scape goat isn't science.
Photosynthesis does occur,mass is made up of atoms,people die,energy exist.Poppers philosophy is based on how theories are worded not actual empirical evidence that hasn't been proven wrong.
Yes there are hypothesis and theories that have been proven wrong but that's part of science.Also there is theories that are accepted but are very questionable.
My life isn't going around telling people what to accept as truth but i will give my opinion on what i think about their beliefs and you want to know why?Cause i can.

9/19/2012 11:54:33 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
funches
Chicago, IL
61, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from chubbyexhubby:
Then there is all religions' power over language. They can twist anything to suit their goals. For example, can anyone find anything that Jesus said that is blatantly wrong? I spent about 2 or 3 hours the other day, and I could not find anything that could not be twisted by a religious leader. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

9/19/2012 9:20:17 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from bradm29:
Then don't ever look in the mirror

Why not? My ideas don't hurt mankind...see, my ideas are not based on bulls...t; you may not like them but that's something else.

BTW, if you lack the ability to refute a comment / opinion be a darling and don't reach to low class defenses...it makes you look incompetent.

9/19/2012 9:23:23 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

chubbyexhubby

""What have Religions done"...""

Every possible evil thing around.

"" and how long have they done it?""

Since day one of its invention.

9/19/2012 10:41:21 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
Why not? My ideas don't hurt mankind...see, my ideas are not based on bulls...t; you may not like them but that's something else.

BTW, if you lack the ability to refute a comment / opinion be a darling and don't reach to low class defenses...it makes you look incompetent.

You and people like yous lack of tolerance and reaspect are the biggest detriment to unification and progression.

9/19/2012 11:09:56 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Quote from rmk13:
Haha using Poppers philosophy as a scape goat isn't science.
Photosynthesis does occur,mass is made up of atoms,people die,energy exist.Poppers philosophy is based on how theories are worded not actual empirical evidence that hasn't been proven wrong.
Yes there are hypothesis and theories that have been proven wrong but that's part of science.Also there is theories that are accepted but are very questionable.
My life isn't going around telling people what to accept as truth but i will give my opinion on what i think about their beliefs and you want to know why?Cause i can.

Qouting Popper is a scape goat? Really? I tell you what explain to me in detail the process of photo synthesis, or why atoms and there constituents Chang based on the act of observation. Fallibleism isn't just something Popper said lmao, its the most basic of scientific precepts. Hell at one time it was EASILY "provable" that the sun revolved around the earth. You don't know, what you don't know. The futer may well "prove" a great many things wrong. As for your opinion, you have every right to it, as I do mine.

[Edited 9/19/2012 11:10:19 PM ]

9/20/2012 7:40:14 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from bradm29:
You and people like yous lack of tolerance and reaspect are the biggest detriment to unification and progression.

I tolerate genetic stupidity....I don't respect self induced ignorance. I hope you get the meaning of my post.
Unification? What? Do you expect intelligent people to fall for the BS a.k.a religion? To close their eyes to the damage religion has vested on mankind? Do you think people like me -who use reasoning instead of mental blindness negatively impact progress? Gee, man, you are way out and up in your flying scooter.

9/20/2012 12:58:47 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
italianscallion
Paterson, NJ
74, joined Sep. 2012

As of late, I have lost all faith and respect for religion and I will explain why. I was born and raised as Catholic. Over the years, I've been to many different churches and have found they all just about have the same thing in common. "HYPOCRISY!!!"
When my wife was stricken with Alzheimer's and a stroke which left her incapacitated and bedridden, I spent close to 12 years caring for her. During all that time, I prayed to this so called great god. All I was asking of him was for her to be able to walk a little, nothing spectacular. What did he do? Absolutely nothing. When she passed away four years ago, I kicked him and religion to the curb. My life has dramatically improved since I became a Freethinker and Humanist. Best move I ever made.

9/20/2012 2:38:51 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

italianscallion:

Too bad such sad situation had to take place for you to see through the lies of religion.

9/20/2012 4:56:25 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
I tolerate genetic stupidity....I don't respect self induced ignorance. I hope you get the meaning of my post.
Unification? What? Do you expect intelligent people to fall for the BS a.k.a religion? To close their eyes to the damage religion has vested on mankind? Do you think people like me -who use reasoning instead of mental blindness negatively impact progress? Gee, man, you are way out and up in your flying scooter.

No, I expect you to give the respect to others you expect to receive. What a far out idea man.

9/20/2012 6:44:48 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from bradm29:
No, I expect you to give the respect to others you expect to receive. What a far out idea man.

Listen, boy, I was trying to be polite...but it's obvious you don't get it....Stupid dogs and stupid brains don't get respect. Compassion? Yes. Respect? No.

9/21/2012 8:40:42 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

whays
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,629)
Payson, AZ
73, joined Nov. 2008

Only two careers left for me are preaching or pimping. Reckon I'm better suited for the latter.

9/23/2012 2:57:51 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
megaxanadudegg1
Gary, IN
37, joined Jan. 2012

I respect the art that religion has inspired. That's the only good it has done. Religion is idiotic and sadomasochistic.

For some time, Islam has been the biggest threat to free speech. Muslims living in the Middle East are in a completely different world than we are in the West. They have no idea what it is to able to say "F**k Mohammed!" They'd be butchered. The clerics use every opportunity to encourage violence due to being "insulted" by the "blasphemy" or a Danish cartoon or video.

Islamofascism, regardless of whether it was Hitchens or Savage that coined it, describes the state of the Muslim world outside the U.S. (I'd rather it'd have been Hitchens.) Morsi "condemns" the violence, but "encourages" the "protests." (That is how they [protest] in an Islamic state!) Religion is the problem, again.

9/23/2012 3:13:56 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
megaxanadudegg1
Gary, IN
37, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
Well, I can't respect the views of those who believe in fairy tales.

I can respect the person if they are a good person. If they believe in any creation myth I cannot respect that. More respect goes to those that believe or want to believe in a deity, yet understand that Darwin destroyed the Book of Genesis' account of God hand-crafting homo sapiens out of clay. Being willfully ignorant of science and choosing to cling to ancient superstition is what I cannot respect.

9/24/2012 11:40:01 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

belphegor1943
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,461)
Austin, TX
34, joined May. 2012

This thread and the discussion with Brad reminds me of this youtube vid. It's about 40 minutes long, but it's good stuff to know. Unfortunately, it's well-known that religion impedes on most major advancements science tries to make. Once it's been advanced, they accept it and say well "god did that" or with The Big Bang theory... opposing it and calling it blasphemy... but then eventually accepting it once everyone else did and saying that's just how God created things.

The middle east is a prime example of a once prosperous society full of brilliant people making great advancements for mankind... and then being destroyed by religion. They have never recovered since 1100 B.C.E.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7rR8stuQfk

9/25/2012 9:51:27 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

Well just so your aware I'm not religiouse, and am some one who thinks fairly scientifically. I simply think that all people deserve common respect and tolerance, and have been very much put off by many peoples arrogance and missunderstanding of science, and it's basic tenets.

9/28/2012 6:12:13 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

umbric
Austin, TX
24, joined Jun. 2012

I see what you did there.

9/28/2012 6:18:19 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

umbric
Austin, TX
24, joined Jun. 2012

Well I mean you have to look at the facts that religion defies all logic, tis true that some zealot atheist can be pretty bad and try to hate religions for all the wrong reasons, but I personally hate religions because it teaches people to accept things as they are and also it's a cash farm, they make so much money but I never hear of the Vatican giving money to charities or trying to help homeless. Also, people of Islam, Jedaism, Christianity (and the branches), don't realize that they are all reading off the same thing, practically the same book and the same god. There has been crusades, zealous attacks, witch burnings, and an unpredidented amount of hate for those that don't believe they do. It's just my two cents, however the case I have met some great people that believe in gods but really religions are contradicting and no one follows the rules like they should.

9/28/2012 11:59:36 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
35, joined May. 2012

I get it, the Crusades the native amaericans. Religion has destroyed alot of people and cultures. As I sad I am not religiouse nor am I a fan of orgonized religion. I can however find a way to respect others choice and right to choose. The same way I want my right to choose respected. The fact is the belief that my way is the only right way is what started things like the Crusades. Intolorance is and disrespect is just as bad coming from an atheist as it is coming from a christion.

9/29/2012 3:07:13 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

I don't necessarily respect religions but I respect people's choice to have religion.

9/29/2012 8:39:27 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
two_forthe_road
Decatur, GA
42, joined May. 2012

None

10/6/2012 9:35:36 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
gfranky
White Plains, NY
26, joined Sep. 2012

except for 1 tellem to all f**k off i do respect muslims tho bc its not just praying to some imaginary f**ker its the way they live thier lifestyle i consider it more of lifestyle structure than a religion

10/8/2012 2:40:52 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

leela732
Palm Coast, FL
66, joined Sep. 2012

While I have no belief in any religion or god, I do respect other's right to have any religion or god they choose to believe in. I look at religion in the same way I look at drug addiction or alcholism. It is just another 'crutch' some people need to get through their life. It gives some people a place to put blame for the things that go wrong in their lives. I see my life as my responsibility and if things are wrong, I do something to try to make them right. When I hear about religious people having things go wrong in their lives, all I hear them doing is saying they are 'praying' to their god to do something about it. I guess if they put all things into their gods hands, they don't have to try to make things better for themselves.

10/8/2012 6:21:28 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

gordonbiersch
Sacramento, CA
29, joined Oct. 2012

I don't understand how they can believe in god and angels but i will not disrespect about it because some people need to believe that there's something after life

10/8/2012 6:22:12 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

gordonbiersch
Sacramento, CA
29, joined Oct. 2012

10/9/2012 6:57:29 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
thejonman87
Encinitas, CA
29, joined Oct. 2012

For those who in their religion practice that which they preach, I have all the respect in the world.

I do not respect when live and let live, treat others as you wish to be treated, and thou shalt not kill go out the window when someone won't conform to someone else's beliefs.

The world would be a much more wonderful place if no one cared what religion anyone practiced.

10/9/2012 8:09:50 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from thejonman87:

The world would be a much more wonderful place if no one cared what religion anyone practiced.

Wrong. The world would a lot better place if religions -all- would vanish.

10/9/2012 9:05:37 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
thejonman87
Encinitas, CA
29, joined Oct. 2012

I don't disagree, but that is both A. Unfeasible at this point in time. And B. Unlikely to happen in the lifetime of most living humans.

In the interim, while humanity comes to understand the way the universe works through science, religious tolerance is all we have. And to disparage or disrespect someone's beliefs is no better than racism or sexism.

10/9/2012 10:39:06 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from thejonman87:
religious tolerance is all we have.

Religious tolerance...as in with "hope"....is equal to stagnation.

10/9/2012 11:32:32 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

texas_dude2010
Jacksonville, TX
67, joined Sep. 2011

As much as I respect deceit.

10/10/2012 7:32:57 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from texas_dude2010:
As much as I respect deceit.

To which we could add manipulation, arrogance, brainwashing and few others.

10/10/2012 8:40:51 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

gkt911
Salt Lake City, UT
40, joined May. 2012

Lol none at all though there is a certian amount of respect for others in there choices of religious beliefs but that only goes so far

10/10/2012 12:46:58 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from gkt911:
Lol none at all though there is a certian amount of respect for others in there choices of religious beliefs but that only goes so far

Well, I respect the individual...but not the fact he/she believes in fairy tales.

10/10/2012 3:50:54 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

gkt911
Salt Lake City, UT
40, joined May. 2012

Well yeah its always easy to respect an individual until they preach to you Wich is also fine until they are offended by your beliefs or questions about there's or even the door to door mormons or jahovas ill take there flyers read them or have a conversation with them and then tell them I'm athiest but if I were to go door to door telling people my views would I get the same courtesy

10/10/2012 6:53:39 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from gkt911:
Well yeah its always easy to respect an individual until they preach to you Wich is also fine until they are offended by your beliefs or questions about there's or even the door to door mormons or jahovas ill take there flyers read them or have a conversation with them and then tell them I'm athiest but if I were to go door to door telling people my views would I get the same courtesy

Well, as soon as they start to preach to me I move away...if they insist I tell them where they can introduce their preaching....and if they get offended by my reaction I tell them they offended me a lot more with their ignorance....If they continue their blabbing...and he/she is a person I know...I tell her / him I saw their SO in a bar, and picking up young ones.

10/10/2012 8:07:08 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

gkt911
Salt Lake City, UT
40, joined May. 2012

Lmao telling people you saw there SO in a bar hitting on young ones that's kind of a low blow isn't it lol I try to think if I'm not willing to hear what they have to say about there religion then they will never hear or see that what they believe in is a lie but usually most conversations with them are over as soon as I say I'm an athiest

10/11/2012 4:53:25 AM How much respect do you have for Religions?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from gkt911:
Lmao telling people you saw there SO in a bar hitting on young ones that's kind of a low blow isn't it lol I try to think if I'm not willing to hear what they have to say about there religion then they will never hear or see that what they believe in is a lie but usually most conversations with them are over as soon as I say I'm an athiest

You are lucky; they usually keep going when they find out I am an Atheist. Low blow to tell them their SO are cheating on them? No. The only low behavior is their arrogance in insisting I believe as they do.

10/15/2012 10:01:50 PM How much respect do you have for Religions?  
shareenc
Pensacola, FL
70, joined Dec. 2011

Loved the pun "Nun at all."