Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

gps hookup app

Senior dating web pages are a distinctive way to reintroduce companionship and spark in your 50s 60s. tampa singles chat Not giving your divorce the attention it deserves is one particular of the leading ten mistakes men make throughout divorce. It is accessible in both a desktop and mobile version, with loads of specifics that customers can fill in for the greatest final results. gorgeous latina girls Have had superior luck here going out for a date, but she was not hunting for anything really serious, and that is where my luck ended.

mega profile dating site

Whatever it may well be, there is no doubt that we have it all for you. mature singles nyc Having stated all that, it undoubtedly is feasible. I will come back and read your followups when I have additional time, PUAHollywood. how to meet cuban women A lot of awkwardness and weirdness flow from the truth that you two don t know each other properly, are not comfortable about one a different, not to mention that you are not acting genuine.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/21/2012 11:12:48 AM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

dances_in_woods
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,109)
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

I'm thinking of selling timber off my property and was wondering all the ins & outs not to get taken advantage of & not leave the property like its been in a war zone. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/21/2012 12:14:50 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  
777rooky
Tyler, TX
54, joined Aug. 2012

Get an estimate from a contractor for cleaning up after the tree harvest. Then make the timber company post a bond for damages in that amount. If they clean up the mess they get the bond back. If they don't want to do it, then they would are not on the level with you. Don't let them tell you what will or will not be done. Stand your ground.

9/21/2012 3:06:47 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

tileman1814
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,517)
Kalispell, MT
66, joined Nov. 2007

Quote from 777rooky:
Get an estimate from a contractor for cleaning up after the tree harvest. Then make the timber company post a bond for damages in that amount. If they clean up the mess they get the bond back. If they don't want to do it, then they would are not on the level with you. Don't let them tell you what will or will not be done. Stand your ground.

777rooky has it right.I don't know anything about how things are done in Texas but here in Montana when private timber sales go,who ever is doing the buying is responsable for the property,insurence/bond,and cleanup along with certified weight of all logs leaving the property.It would be a good idea to have a licenced timber assesor checkout the trees you want gone and go with his/her imput.Good luck.

Semper Fi !!!

9/22/2012 5:45:09 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from firedude886:
how much property/timber do you have??
unless you just have a couple of acres,you need to hire a forester to handle all the details for you...he will take 10% of the money,but he will handle all the details,and he will already know who is reputable,or not,because he does this for a living.

you can also talk to the texas state forestry service,and they can supply you with a list of reputable contractors,and will come out for free,look at your timber,and tell you what you need to do,and draw up an action plan/schedule of things that you will need to do.

[this is all a free service offered by the forestry service.the texas state forestry service rocks!!!!!]

Its 14.3 acres but maybe 2.5 is kinda thin, rest of place is big trees & thick woods.

Bonding? insurance? etc, don't know about all those terms so sort of feel simpleminded. I know i don't want it totally clear cut like a pasture but would like it really really thinned with several shade trees left out so you can actually see & walk all over the property or be able for a couple horses to graze

9/22/2012 6:16:33 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

cowboyrebel20
Orangevale, CA
25, joined Sep. 2012

My cousin does it for a living but he debarks it and runs it through a saw mill so I'm sure its a bit differnt for him plus he used to pack for a firewood company so I think its a bit easier for him

9/22/2012 9:42:32 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  
hardtwist
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,061)
Surprise, NE
48, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from dances_in_woods:
I'm thinking of selling timber off my property and was wondering all the ins & outs not to get taken advantage of & not leave the property like its been in a war zone. Any advice is greatly appreciated

1. Have the forestor show you properties that his company or contractors have logged/thinned.

2. Speak to landowners that had their properties logged/thinned.

3. As the landowner, you have the choice of how the stumps are left. I recommend not leaving a stump higher than 6". Personal preference, they rot faster.

4. Logging operations cut the limbs off of the trees and leave slash piles. See if there is a market for wood chips. Around here a contractor grinds them up after the limbs are dried.

5. You won't get rich but, the health of your trees will be increased and you will have more grass the year after being logged.

9/26/2012 1:26:26 AM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Very much to consider.

Spoke to a man I work with that sold 10acres and he came out making little over $10,000 they bulldozed it into burnable piles or choice to bury it so he did the big burn piles.

Sold his timber by the Ton not the acreage.

Ok...here's another question, if you decided to sell your place , would it be more valuable with the timber thinned out (not clear cut) or see it wooded as is?
which way to get the most $$$

9/26/2012 3:57:10 AM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

stargazzer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,748)
Creighton, NE
68, joined Feb. 2007

Though land has skyrocketed, big time inflation is about to set in and land will likely only get much higher untill the bust and that depends some on who is president it will take longer with romney than obama with obama we will be cooked in 4

9/26/2012 5:20:27 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  
hardtwist
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,061)
Surprise, NE
48, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from dances_in_woods:

Sold his timber by the Ton not the acreage.

Ok...here's another question, if you decided to sell your place , would it be more valuable with the timber thinned out (not clear cut) or see it wooded as is?
which way to get the most $$$

You can sell it by the board foot or ton. Generally you'll come out ahead selling by the ton. Because the guy measuring the logs can get pretty picky.

An issue that's coming up is liability. If your timber is thinned and cleaned up, the easier it is to fight fire and contain the fire. Some are finding cheaper insurance policies for landowner liability if the timber is thinned. Thinning is the better option.

Also, burn the slash piles. Burying the limbs, sometimes ensilate and spontaniously combust. Pine trees will.

I logged for 8yrs. We chose to sell our timbered property, because of the liability issue.

9/27/2012 7:32:53 AM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

agooddaddy10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,362)
Liberty, KY
52, joined Aug. 2010

Neighbor next door did, last year. 90 truckloads (not semis) of logs hauled out, huge beautiful hardwoods including walnut, cherry and white oak.
The 80+ year old lady that owns the land was paid less than $30G and has 100 acres that looks like a meteor hit.
I've resolved to never do that to our land.

9/27/2012 12:58:01 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,985)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

It would probably pay you to hire someone who knows the timber business, cutting and selling, and have them over see the job for you.

9/30/2012 8:08:31 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  
rhw044
Springfield, ME
57, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from luckylouie42:
It would probably pay you to hire someone who knows the timber business, cutting and selling, and have them over see the job for you.

This is just one of many good posts you've recieved. Talk to a lot of people, ask a lot of questions, and defininitely talk to a forester. If you do decide to have a harvest get references from the contractor and follow up on them. The best price isn't always the same as the best value.

10/10/2012 6:01:18 PM Has anyone sold timber off their property?  

mustang455123
Redfield, IA
45, joined Dec. 2010

Yep listen to firedude. They like to take more than they should.