Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal

Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Useand Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to eliminate posts identified as becoming in breach of these terms. macon ga dating sites I met a lady from England who was boat sitting a 50ft. In truth, the service s explicitly stated target is to get you to the point where you ve deleted the app altogether — presumably for the reason that you ve found really like and not since you ve had it with the app. valentina jewels onlyfans When I was in his nation, I did finish up spending two months with his loved ones, so we grew very close.

www skipthegames

Currently, there are about 66 million Tinder customers in the globe. lesbian charlotte nc If you don t, nicely, improved to discover it out sooner rather than later. Its relatively widespread for persons to date and there are a lot of classmates of mine who got married. doublelist charlotte The only catch was that she lived hours away.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/27/2012 4:57:52 PM Composting over planting areas  

onthetrail53
Petaluma, CA
64, joined Oct. 2012

anyone using or read ruth stout's books on composting.published in the 70's
her technique was to smother the weeds with compost...make small space for planting and keep adding...found old book in my library really fascinating reading

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/28/2012 8:26:26 AM Composting over planting areas  

shawnee_b
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,436)
Edmonton, KY
62, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from onthetrail53:
her technique was to smother the weeds with compost...make small space for planting and keep adding...found old book in my library really fascinating reading

Yes I use Ruths system. 2 gardens (1/4 acre) were half covered with old hay from round bales. Where there was hay, there were no weeds and it retained moisture.

The backyard garden 35'x 45' is covered in square bale "leafs" about 8" deep. Got 150 free square bales that had been rained on so used them there. I also dump kitchen compost under the squares as it accumulates. Gets pasture pudding from the cows and composted wood chips and chickie droppings after a 6mo compost.

12/28/2012 11:50:23 PM Composting over planting areas  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,245)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

composting has been used for decades .... it is one of the premier methods for good gardening

1/12/2013 7:17:41 PM Composting over planting areas  

sitiniraq
Over 1,000 Posts (1,353)
Calvert, TX
57, joined Jan. 2008

no but I know its an awesome feeling to find something you like to read though. I just use rabbit poop and peat moss. I raise rabbits and have peat moss under them to soak up the pee. They are in a building with concrete floors. works pretty good so far. I need to clean it out soon and there will be about 5 wheelbarrows full.. Just about time to start tilling..I have used black plastic that was used from painting and simply used it to kill everything though..

1/21/2013 6:37:06 PM Composting over planting areas  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

when using any manure-based compost be sure the heat has had time to burn off or one could kill everything they hoped to nourish

1/23/2013 5:52:53 PM Composting over planting areas  

shawnee_b
Edmonton, KY
62, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from creekstomper:
I have not read that particular book.
However this is how I start the majority of my new beds. I've always gardened in Tennesse. It's easier for me to build up. I also prefer a no till method.

The vintage garden books are my favorite.

Hi Creek You can find alot of Ruth Stouts method on the net. She called it the no work, no till, no weed, no water method" or similar. Her brother was Rex Stout the writer. By spring all my gardens about 1/4 acre will all be under hay. One is under square bale leafs and nice rich black under the hay, some of the rest under old round bale hay. I also add compost kitchen scraps under the "leafs" every day.

1/24/2013 1:36:01 PM Composting over planting areas  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

I don't read garndening books.

I learned from an original source.

1/25/2013 12:51:37 PM Composting over planting areas  

shawnee_b
Edmonton, KY
62, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from creekstomper:
Shawnee
I'll look it up this weekend. I have a few new beds I'm starting this year.

It seems to be doing a good job here, I'll need more hay for this year but old hay is usually free, roundbales a couple years old (PITA that gotta unwind them though)
I am going to do some new herb gardens this year too. Ready to start a few seeds! Have some I will sell on fleabay, have to make sure they have good germination. Also starting some toms and peppers to go in my not yet built hot house. Some rare red floriana fllit corn, okras, peppers. So many seeds, so little time

3/26/2013 2:03:25 PM Composting over planting areas  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

shawnee I am looking for honeydew melon seeds....

3/26/2013 6:33:53 PM Composting over planting areas  

dwwcat
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,857)
Orange, TX
45, joined Jun. 2010

Here in hurricane country, i was able to get the tree trimmers to dump their mulch loads in the back 40.. Its been years and now i have 100's of yards of compost/mulch..That on top of decade old manure, im good..

3/27/2013 11:51:24 AM Composting over planting areas  

shawnee_b
Edmonton, KY
62, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from sierratoo:
shawnee I am looking for honeydew melon seeds....

Bet ebay has some. I found a seller with heirloom italian seeds, $1 a pkg and a cheap flat shipping. I'm sure Territorial, Fedco or any seed co has them but their shipping is terrible unless you are getting alot. I had a volunteer cantelope and been using the seeds from it for my 3rd season now.

4/6/2013 8:43:42 PM Composting over planting areas  

bluecougareyes
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (27,737)
Chelan, WA
73, joined Nov. 2008

Quote from onthetrail53:

Mulching around plants or on veggie beds that not have been plated yet is goo idea.

The book you have is good, they are smart homesteaders with lots of REAL experience.

Good luck growing...

4/7/2013 3:07:56 PM Composting over planting areas  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

be sure your composting material is "cold" before you compost your planting areas; any uncooled composting materials will, actually, cause harm to plants

4/7/2013 3:08:09 PM Composting over planting areas  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

8/6/2013 8:06:41 PM Composting over planting areas  
tango159
Gainesville, FL
36, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from cupocheer:
be sure your composting material is "cold" before you compost your planting areas; any uncooled composting materials will, actually, cause harm to plants
thanks for the tip. i heard some1 else advise hot coffee or grounds ok.