Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www listcrawler com

Even if you cannot afford to travel a lot, it s nevertheless nice to speak about future travel plans. hilton head island dating Speaking about their career can deliver some insight into regardless of whether they are extra analytical or creative. And if you have a lot more concerns, it is a excellent way to prompt them for another date. philadelphia rubmaps Christie Kederian, PhD, psychologist and licensed marriage and loved ones therapist, says it has a lot to do with the wide variety of thoughts racing through our minds.

privatedelight mobile

If you ve come across a teetotaler, on the other hand, it doesn t necessarily imply they won t have a great answer to this question. high desert hookups We designed profiles for every platform, then calculated how lots of matches we made across a 24 hour period. Unlike other internet sites, this senior dating website does not have also quite a few queries. mary alice jenni onlyfans I am searching for the ALT.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/30/2012 10:22:44 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

begbear1952
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,199)
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

I don't usually post in Politics, so apologies if it's already been posted -- I just found it interesting.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/30/2012 10:54:10 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,941)
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

This is just a spoof but very real, happens to me all the time. You learn to live with it.

12/31/2012 1:32:25 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

azmetalfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Mesa, AZ
39, joined Mar. 2009

I recently saw videos and news reports about the NYPD targeting blacks and other minorities for their "stop and search" program where they have been known to stop the same individual several times a day. The part I don't understand is how they can get away with illegal search and seizure since the "stop and search program" does just that. It is a search without a warrant which is illegal last I knew Along with being unconstitutional.

12/31/2012 8:21:44 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,151)
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

this is so full of ABC crap. Here we have three actors being followed around by a shoulder camera and we are to take this serious? Also, you do this in a town known for it rude people?

Bull Shit.

12/31/2012 2:22:39 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

You could expose people to any number of uncomfortable scenarios, racial or not, and you would probably not see more than the approximate 20% the clip claims intervene. The same methods are often used by "reality shows" to make people laugh or cause alarm. I agree with the guy above, it's just BS.

12/31/2012 2:58:54 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from 58dpilot:
You could expose people to any number of uncomfortable scenarios, racial or not, and you would probably not see more than the approximate 20% the clip claims intervene. The same methods are often used by "reality shows" to make people laugh or cause alarm. I agree with the guy above, it's just BS.

It's bullshit to you until you have to regularly live with it.

12/31/2012 3:08:55 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
maybe98
Fort Smith, AR
54, joined May. 2012

Quote from hadassah169:

Alot of people in this group have blinders on.

12/31/2012 3:10:43 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from hadassah169:

I don't disagree with you but it is no different than a lot of BS we have to "live" with.

12/31/2012 4:10:04 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,273)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

bb ~~ you are an intelligent man ..... I would have thought that even you wouldn't have succumbed to the notice that racism, when it exists, is worldwide ~~ not just regional.

12/31/2012 10:59:09 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from hadassah169:

and what makes you think your (assuming your race) the only ones that have to put up with this crap? I'm white and I have to put up with all the horse shit that im a racist every f-ing day.

1/1/2013 11:29:26 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from jokethem:
and what makes you think your (assuming your race) the only ones that have to put up with this crap? I'm white and I have to put up with all the horse shit that im a racist every f-ing day. (BS AND LIES)

Lol, yeah right, hey but deny it and reverse it on to the victim, that always works. Belittle their point if view with irrational untruths. Hold on let me put my rosy white male blinders and pretend like I am equal in a white male power structure...Aww there that's better don't want to offend any white males out there...

Lol ridiculous....

1/1/2013 11:31:35 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from 58dpilot:
I don't disagree with you but it is no different than a lot of BS we have to "live" with.

Oh enlighten me please. Tell me what kind of daily BS you have to put up with because of the color of your skin?

1/1/2013 12:20:44 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from hadassah169:
Lol, yeah right, hey but deny it and reverse it on to the victim, that always works. Belittle their point if view with irrational untruths. Hold on let me put my rosy white male blinders and pretend like I am equal in a white male power structure...Aww there that's better don't want to offend any white males out there...

Lol ridiculous....

ditto

1/1/2013 12:24:44 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from hadassah169:
Oh enlighten me please. Tell me what kind of daily BS you have to put up with because of the color of your skin?

odd question for you to ask him. I just told you the answer to your question and in your blindness just can not believe that a white person could ever live any discomfort. Please do not fool yourself into believing you race is the ONLY discriminated against race.

1/1/2013 12:32:11 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Not that it would ever amount to what you have to endure on a daily basis(and why do you endure it any why?Why not move?) While on a convoy overnight with the military, a bunch of us "white boys" were politely told to leave a bar because the indians did not want us in there. And yes, it was becuase we were white.

1/1/2013 1:43:53 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from jokethem:
odd question for you to ask him. I just told you the answer to your question and in your blindness just can not believe that a white person could ever live any discomfort. Please do not fool yourself into believing you race is the ONLY discriminated against race.

ignorant

...sigh...

I never said that it was never my point...

1/1/2013 1:55:53 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

@Andy

I respect you and your opinion.

1/1/2013 2:36:33 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from hadassah169:

There are many. A lot of them probably come from well before your time but some are contemporary.

First understand that I am not racist at all but I do "discriminate". I discriminate against people that deserve it and do it without regard to race. I am famous for my discrimination against liars, thieves, and laziness including welfare moms of any race.

I firmly believe that each person is deserving according to their work and character. So the question becomes how important is race in that? To me, not much. My grandchildren are "mixed" race. My son in law gets some weird looks because of his accomplishments, but not necessarily because of his race, but more because of his "unexpected" success. He gets and deserves respect.

But your question is about the daily BS I have to put up with. As far as "reverse discrimination" goes here are just a few examples I lived with:

Affirmative action is discrimination. A white single male that works hard and makes an above average income pays a disproportionate percentage of taxes that support ideas like affirmative action, other racially discriminatory policies, and women's rights. The person most discriminated against in that regard is the successful, single, white male.

Hows that? His taxes go to a Government that pays for all the gratuity programs from which he never see even a tiiny bit of benefit. That government also hires people based on racial quotas that do not consider the brightest, best educated, hardest working or best qualified.

There are new requirements for a government job today and it hurts blacks. A new qualifier is to be bilingual. Governments around the Nation are dying for people that can talk to people that receive government benefits and commit crimes and don't speak English.

However insensitive, a former Secreatry of Agriculture once lamented that he was having trouble getting qualified people because of goverment affirmative action hiring policies. His desire to find one black, jewish, pregnant, crippled, retarded woman to cover all the bases in one person so he could get qualified people for the rest of the jobs. Got him fired naturally. So much for being "practical".

Quotas at universities require white people to significantly outperform other races to gain the same level of entrance. It's not in their work, their abilities, thier motivation, or ability to pay, it's in the color of their skin. I remember a charged debate over a white lady that entered her race as black on her application being accepted though would not have been were she white. It was quite controversial at the time.

In the early 1970's enlisted soldiers in the Army eligible for promotions to sergeant were given an additional 300 promotion points for being any race but white. The total points required to make staff sergeant E-6 at the time was right at 600. A white soldier had to complete several additional military schools, work overtime on military cooresponndence courses, complete additional civilian education, and be awarded several medals, honors, and recommendations to make up that free 300 point "boost". Many highly qualified and motivated white guys left the service in frustration. By the 1990's it was hard to find a white First Sergeant anywhere.

In closing I'll offer a personal opinion about why some people tend too automatically descriminate. Could it be that they find black culture uncomfortable? Or could it be that 1 in 4 black males will spend time in jail before they are 21? Could it be the rediculously high percentage of black single mothers without husbands? Could it be the levels of crime in black neighborhoods? Maybe the culture promoted and reflected by "Rappers"?

Could it be history? Possibly resentment of the trillions of dollars squandered to "equalize" and "bridge the gap" between blacks and whites over the last 50 years that have yielded no significant improvement? Could it be the devisive leadership of community organizers like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson? Bill Cosby is a much better role model.

There are some other factors in play. There is a diminishing of the power of being black in America today. Obama didn't even speak to the NAACP during his campaign. He courted Hispanics. Kinda took blacks for granted ya think?

The power of the Hispanic population is growing and for us there is a Marshallese "invasion". We have the only Marshallese embassy outside Washington DC in my little town and their King visits us a couple tmes a year. These other "special" groups are eroding "black power".

People are comfortable with the culture they learn and not so much with cultures that are foreign to the ideals and moral beliefs that form their lives. Many feel that regardless of the beautiful dreams of Martin Luther King Jr and changes that came from them little progress has been made. It is not because "white" people won't embrace or accept those ideas, but probably more because the evolution of "Black Culture" prevents it.

Now you can tell me I just don't understand if you like, but remember that perception is everything. If you want people of a certain culture to perceive you favorably, you must offer something they see as deserving of it. Asking anyone to join and promote a failed culture is not the answer. The better route would be to embrace a successful one.

On the other hand, the way demographics are shifting if you are white you better look out. Soon you will be the only minority without special protection!

1/1/2013 3:09:08 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
rhw044
Springfield, ME
58, joined Jun. 2012

^^^^
The first thing he's ever said that makes sense... not that anybody who doesn't work for a living will ever understand him.

1/1/2013 9:32:12 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

"I thought it was all supposed to be down south"... how naive is this in the 21st century?

1/2/2013 12:41:23 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from 58dpilot:
There are many. A lot of them probably come from well before your time but some are contemporary.

First understand that I am not racist at all but I do "discriminate". I discriminate against people that deserve it and do it without regard to race. I am famous for my discrimination against liars, thieves, and laziness including welfare moms of any race.

I firmly believe that each person is deserving according to their work and character. So the question becomes how important is race in that? To me, not much. My grandchildren are "mixed" race. My son in law gets some weird looks because of his accomplishments, but not necessarily because of his race, but more because of his "unexpected" success. He gets and deserves respect.

But your question is about the daily BS I have to put up with. As far as "reverse discrimination" goes here are just a few examples I lived with:

Affirmative action is discrimination. A white single male that works hard and makes an above average income pays a disproportionate percentage of taxes that support ideas like affirmative action, other racially discriminatory policies, and women's rights. The person most discriminated against in that regard is the successful, single, white male.

Hows that? His taxes go to a Government that pays for all the gratuity programs from which he never see even a tiiny bit of benefit. That government also hires people based on racial quotas that do not consider the brightest, best educated, hardest working or best qualified.

There are new requirements for a government job today and it hurts blacks. A new qualifier is to be bilingual. Governments around the Nation are dying for people that can talk to people that receive government benefits and commit crimes and don't speak English.

However insensitive, a former Secreatry of Agriculture once lamented that he was having trouble getting qualified people because of goverment affirmative action hiring policies. His desire to find one black, jewish, pregnant, crippled, retarded woman to cover all the bases in one person so he could get qualified people for the rest of the jobs. Got him fired naturally. So much for being "practical".

Quotas at universities require white people to significantly outperform other races to gain the same level of entrance. It's not in their work, their abilities, thier motivation, or ability to pay, it's in the color of their skin. I remember a charged debate over a white lady that entered her race as black on her application being accepted though would not have been were she white. It was quite controversial at the time.

In the early 1970's enlisted soldiers in the Army eligible for promotions to sergeant were given an additional 300 promotion points for being any race but white. The total points required to make staff sergeant E-6 at the time was right at 600. A white soldier had to complete several additional military schools, work overtime on military cooresponndence courses, complete additional civilian education, and be awarded several medals, honors, and recommendations to make up that free 300 point "boost". Many highly qualified and motivated white guys left the service in frustration. By the 1990's it was hard to find a white First Sergeant anywhere.

In closing I'll offer a personal opinion about why some people tend too automatically descriminate. Could it be that they find black culture uncomfortable? Or could it be that 1 in 4 black males will spend time in jail before they are 21? Could it be the rediculously high percentage of black single mothers without husbands? Could it be the levels of crime in black neighborhoods? Maybe the culture promoted and reflected by "Rappers"?

Could it be history? Possibly resentment of the trillions of dollars squandered to "equalize" and "bridge the gap" between blacks and whites over the last 50 years that have yielded no significant improvement? Could it be the devisive leadership of community organizers like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson? Bill Cosby is a much better role model.

There are some other factors in play. There is a diminishing of the power of being black in America today. Obama didn't even speak to the NAACP during his campaign. He courted Hispanics. Kinda took blacks for granted ya think?

The power of the Hispanic population is growing and for us there is a Marshallese "invasion". We have the only Marshallese embassy outside Washington DC in my little town and their King visits us a couple tmes a year. These other "special" groups are eroding "black power".

People are comfortable with the culture they learn and not so much with cultures that are foreign to the ideals and moral beliefs that form their lives. Many feel that regardless of the beautiful dreams of Martin Luther King Jr and changes that came from them little progress has been made. It is not because "white" people won't embrace or accept those ideas, but probably more because the evolution of "Black Culture" prevents it.

Now you can tell me I just don't understand if you like, but remember that perception is everything. If you want people of a certain culture to perceive you favorably, you must offer something they see as deserving of it. Asking anyone to join and promote a failed culture is not the answer. The better route would be to embrace a successful one.

On the other hand, the way demographics are shifting if you are white you better look out. Soon you will be the only minority without special protection!

1/2/2013 12:45:43 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from rhw044:
^^^^
The first thing he's ever said that makes sense... not that anybody who doesn't work for a living will ever understand him.

BS

Umm what he said was racist pathetic dribble and had nothing to do with the perception of people who work...

1/2/2013 9:52:06 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

As I watched your video the second time, I have seen this exact scene in the movie
Pretty Woman.

This type of undercover "reporting" is a major load of beetle dung. The last time we saw this undercover reporting as you may recall was at several Tea Party rallies. The undercover reporters with their hinden cameras and filmed the entire rally. Then when it is time to show the world just how racist this group is, it is amazing that out of the thousands of people reported to be at the rally, the report only has time to show and interview two people hold hateful signs (how do we know they were not plants and were even at the rally?). Totally missleading the story and the group.
This was also done with the OWS groups. The reporting totally skewed the real story to appear that all the OWS bunch were trouble makers.

There is an old saying in the news business, When there is no story, make one up.
Remember the movie Wag The Dog?

1. Do we know for sure this is a true story and truely in NY? Do we truely know that the bystanders were NOT part of our little play? Are we sure ABC is not waging the dog?

1/2/2013 10:01:32 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from hadassah169:
This is just a spoof but very real, happens to me all the time. You learn to live with it.

Just wondering, if you don't mind:
1. In the big town of Wichita Ks does this story happen to you all the time?
2. Why do you just learn to live with it?

1993, Myself and 4 other white men were told to leave a bar by the bar tender, full of indians in Wyoming because they did not want "our kind" in there. How often are you told to vacate a business based on your color? And no it was not because we were army, because we were in street clothes.

1/2/2013 11:27:58 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

I just want to thank & commend every person in this thread for talking openly. That is not an easy thing to do. It is much easier just to pretend the whole thing does not exist, and research on the topic bears that out.

http://www.science20.com/news_articles/white_people_avoid_race_topics_study-33178

-- bb

1/2/2013 11:48:53 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from hadassah169:
BS

Umm what he said was racist pathetic dribble and had nothing to do with the perception of people who work...

Racist dribble? Do you mean drivel? Face the facts. People will always discriminate and they will do it for more reasons than one could ever post here. Racist drivel? Not from my perspective.

Tell me why blacks can use the "N" word with impunity but if anyone else does it's racism? It's perception and perspective ya think? Perception is not fact. It is merely an unproven impression. Ever "think" you knew something and later learn you were wrong about it?

It is important to know that though perspective forms opinions that effect people greatly, but neither of those is always grounded in facts or reality. Perspective and opinion create can create "realities" where none actually exist. They alone are not enough. That is why I judge based on charater and performance. I don't care about what people "think". What is important is what they "know".

What this "documentary experiment" does is attempt to turn perception into reality and does it by setting the stage and creating implications. For that very reason it does not reflect reality. To do that it would have to capture the situation independently without "baiting" anyone and without professional actors. Actors are people that make a living pretending to be someone else. That in itself doom this "study" to BS.

It may be that you preceive more than you actually know or understand. Your "race" only matters to me in that I can usually assume correctly that you are sensitive about it. I'm not. I really don't care about your genetics. In this case I think your preconceived perceptions and ideas led you to to swallow this theater hook, line, and sinker. That is your loss. You are condemning a lot of very good people that would glady embrace you as a result.

1/2/2013 11:50:27 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

begbear1952
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

I thought I would add that in my "racism" research in social psychology, one side effect of the Civil Rights laws of the 1960's has been that whites seldom admit to any racist feelings.

After studying the matter for some time, two of the top researchers on racism in social psychology reached the conclusion that saying "I am not a racist" is just a new form of racism, which they call "new racism." On the other hand, if a white person admits, "I am a racist," that is an open invitation to new problems in his life.

So while the 1960s Civil Rights laws opened the door for positive changes in society, they also had the unwanted side effect of putting whites into a kind of Catch-22 -- do I acknowledge feelings of racism, or do I deny them? So the easiest thing to do is just avoid the topic. Consequently, the topic often gets swept under the carpet.

That's why I appreciate those of you who have talked & shared openly. Thanks.

1/2/2013 12:23:35 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from begbear1952:
I thought I would add that in my "racism" research in social psychology, one side effect of the Civil Rights laws of the 1960's has been that whites seldom admit to any racist feelings.

After studying the matter for some time, two of the top researchers on racism in social psychology reached the conclusion that saying "I am not a racist" is just a new form of racism, which they call "new racism." On the other hand, if a white person admits, "I am a racist," that is an open invitation to new problems in his life.

So while the 1960s Civil Rights laws opened the door for positive changes in society, they also had the unwanted side effect of putting whites into a kind of Catch-22 -- do I acknowledge feelings of racism, or do I deny them? So the easiest thing to do is just avoid the topic. Consequently, the topic often gets swept under the carpet.

Psychologists are so cute. All I care about when I meet someone is are they a threat, are they OK, a potential friend, or enemy, do they have my back, or do they want my wallet, or are they evil and simply want to do harm? I have no patience or understanding of people that want something because of how they "feel". How they "feel" is unimportant. What they think is not very important, either. What is important is what they do.

1/2/2013 3:12:29 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from begbear1952:

The exact word that entered my mind as I was reading, Catch-22. I do not see myself as a racist 99% of the time. I am however a 1% racist when I have someone coining me a racist without cause, simply because I do not have a prospective as theirs. I personally can only speak for myself, no one else.
In the early 70's I went through the race wars in high school where because they were black, their roots were slaves and because I am white, my roots were slave owners, thus I owed them.

Like pilot, I don't deal in racism or discrimination, I deal in the world of earned trust and respect. You earn my trust, you earned my respect and vs visa. The color of a mans skin means nothing to me. His word does. Badda bing badda boom.

Good thread OP and good luck with your research.

1/2/2013 4:38:05 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

Quote from jokethem:
The exact word that entered my mind as I was reading, Catch-22. I do not see myself as a racist 99% of the time. I am however a 1% racist when I have someone coining me a racist without cause, simply because I do not have a prospective as theirs. I personally can only speak for myself, no one else.
In the early 70's I went through the race wars in high school where because they were black, their roots were slaves and because I am white, my roots were slave owners, thus I owed them.

Like pilot, I don't deal in racism or discrimination, I deal in the world of earned trust and respect. You earn my trust, you earned my respect and vs visa. The color of a mans skin means nothing to me. His word does. Badda bing badda boom.

Good thread OP and good luck with your research.

I went through the same radical BS. Had a fellow (black) sergeant at Ft. Dix after I got back from Vietnam tell me that soon they would be in charge and we could just toss in the towel. Personally I had no idea what he was actually talking about at the time. I have a vague memory of some black athletes raising the black power symbol of raised fists at the Olympics but personally had no dog in that fight, nor did I care.

In retrospect, I guess he was wrong because I don't see a lot of difference in anything to this day that really matters other than that the resultant affirmative action programs proved that you can't help anyone that doesn't want to succeed.

As far as I'm concerned people can stick the tired old worn out race card up their butt. You want something, go work for it. I am only interested in people that are worthy of consideration and respect regardless of their station in life, wealth, or occupation.

In a any business or corporatation everyone is important. Doesn't matter if it is the janitor or CEO. If they weren't important they wouldn't be there in the first place. Everyone is worthy of consideration and respect no matter what color they are as long as they earn it.

1/2/2013 7:15:10 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from 58dpilot:
I went through the same radical BS. Had a fellow (black) sergeant at Ft. Dix after I got back from Vietnam tell me that soon they would be in charge and we could just toss in the towel. Personally I had no idea what he was actually talking about at the time. I have a vague memory of some black athletes raising the black power symbol of raised fists at the Olympics but personally had no dog in that fight, nor did I care.

In retrospect, I guess he was wrong because I don't see a lot of difference in anything to this day that really matters other than that the resultant affirmative action programs proved that you can't help anyone that doesn't want to succeed.

As far as I'm concerned people can stick the tired old worn out race card up their butt. You want something, go work for it. I am only interested in people that are worthy of consideration and respect regardless of their station in life, wealth, or occupation.

In a any business or corporatation everyone is important. Doesn't matter if it is the janitor or CEO. If they weren't important they wouldn't be there in the first place. Everyone is worthy of consideration and respect no matter what color they are as long as they earn it.

The old "Fort of the Swinging D*cks" Dix = basic, Aberdeen Proving Grounds = AIT

1/3/2013 2:34:25 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
hadassah169
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
82, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from 58dpilot:
Racist dribble? Do you mean drivel? Face the facts. People will always discriminate and they will do it for more reasons than one could ever post here. Racist drivel? Not from my perspective.

Tell me why blacks can use the "N" word with impunity but if anyone else does it's racism? It's perception and perspective ya think? Perception is not fact. It is merely an unproven impression. Ever "think" you knew something and later learn you were wrong about it?

It is important to know that though perspective forms opinions that effect people greatly, but neither of those is always grounded in facts or reality. Perspective and opinion create can create "realities" where none actually exist. They alone are not enough. That is why I judge based on charater and performance. I don't care about what people "think". What is important is what they "know".

What this "documentary experiment" does is attempt to turn perception into reality and does it by setting the stage and creating implications. For that very reason it does not reflect reality. To do that it would have to capture the situation independently without "baiting" anyone and without professional actors. Actors are people that make a living pretending to be someone else. That in itself doom this "study" to BS.

It may be that you preceive more than you actually know or understand. Your "race" only matters to me in that I can usually assume correctly that you are sensitive about it. I'm not. I really don't care about your genetics. In this case I think your preconceived perceptions and ideas led you to to swallow this theater hook, line, and sinker. That is your loss. You are condemning a lot of very good people that would glady embrace you as a result.

No I really mean dribble like spittle or diarrhea

1/4/2013 10:08:59 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

I think we beat that argument to death and wore it out. Perspective is unique, comes from every angle, is not always shared and people get tired of hearing the same old lame crap over and over. Sometimes no matter how hard you try you can't get people off their crutches.

This racism stuff isn't objectively pervasive at all. Anyone that thinks it is, is delusional. The vast majority of people today recognize individuals. The few that continue judge racial groups without seeing the people inside them are not a majority of anyone. They are foolish and unimportant.

Manufacturing situations to create sensational TV is stupid and irresponsible. It always will be and some people will always be fooled by it. Creating "reality" with falsehoods and lies invalidates any result when the quest is for truth.

1/4/2013 4:22:36 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from 58dpilot:
I think we beat that argument to death and wore it out. Perspective is unique, comes from every angle, is not always shared and people get tired of hearing the same old lame crap over and over. Sometimes no matter how hard you try you can't get people off their crutches.

This racism stuff isn't objectively pervasive at all. Anyone that thinks it is, is delusional. The vast majority of people today recognize individuals. The few that continue judge racial groups without seeing the people inside them are not a majority of anyone. They are foolish and unimportant.

Manufacturing situations to create sensational TV is stupid and irresponsible. It always will be and some people will always be fooled by it. Creating "reality" with falsehoods and lies invalidates any result when the quest is for truth.

I have NO doubt that racism is still around tho one almost has to search anymore to find it. Today racism is more an emotional feed issue than a actually event feed issue. Todays racism is a politicial device an a real concern. In all the years I have been in these forums, I have noticed that the majority of the race or racism threads are based 98% emotions or politicial rather than actually sustance.

I have long felt that in our (US) history, it is not the blacks that the white man screwed over, (yes the slavery issue), it is the indians that got screw the most.

I grew up in a mixed race area of town and everyone got along just fine. The majority of families were white but curtainly there were blacks also and everyone was lower middle to upper lower class folks. There was never any of this you owe me because of this or that. We all worked together, played together, schooled together. The one thing that has always impressed me the more from my childhood were the adults/parents I grew up around.

Did not matter if you were a black or white kid, did not matter if you were one parents kids or not, it was like we kids had a hundred parents. If we did something we were not supposed to do, the parent that caught us, black or white, would knock us a good lick and still call our parents for another good licking. Now thats community.

People today not don't have a clue as to how to handle racism. All they know is what they are taught in school by the Experts. The way you handle racism is my black friends parents knock fire from me and then send me home where my parents are warming up dads belt and moms wooden spoon and vis versa.

1/5/2013 10:06:22 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

The first apartment my parents had after dad got out of college was in Mt. Holley, NJ. It was a legally segregated neighborhood. Blacks lived on one end, whites in the middle and other "colored" people lived at the other end. The buildings were separated by alleys that were the boundaries. Kids didn't recognize the boundaries at all.

My best friend was a guy named Manjo. He was black with red hair and green eyes. We stayed at each other's houses and played together constantly. Our parents got along fine but didn't associate much socially outside me and Manjo occasionally getting into trouble together. Parents had conventions, kids didn't care.

I "Goggle Earthed" 27 Saul Place, Mt. Holly, NJ and the neighborhood is mostly gone. Some of the buildings appear to remain but most look to have been torn down. I was thinking about this racism stuff and remembering the "old days". Kids of every race playing together was common in spite of segregation. Old people didn't seem to mix well but that's the way it was.

One single lady with a son lived there without a husband. Her husband was a soldier killed in Korea. Everybody helped her out. There was one mixed race couple, a black man and white woman that were married. They lived on the "border" between the black and white section.

A single white woman caused a great controversy and many raised eyebrows. She was divorced with two kids and moved in to one of the small one story apartments at the end of one of the rows. In spite of living in a mixed but segregated neighborhood having a divorced single woman with kids move in is the only "scandalous" thing that caused a lot of general gossip I remember about the place.

Times have changed.

1/5/2013 6:29:37 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
jokethem
Kansas City, KS
63, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from 58dpilot:
The first apartment my parents had after dad got out of college was in Mt. Holley, NJ. It was a legally segregated neighborhood. Blacks lived on one end, whites in the middle and other "colored" people lived at the other end. The buildings were separated by alleys that were the boundaries. Kids didn't recognize the boundaries at all.

My best friend was a guy named Manjo. He was black with red hair and green eyes. We stayed at each other's houses and played together constantly. Our parents got along fine but didn't associate much socially outside me and Manjo occasionally getting into trouble together. Parents had conventions, kids didn't care.

I "Goggle Earthed" 27 Saul Place, Mt. Holly, NJ and the neighborhood is mostly gone. Some of the buildings appear to remain but most look to have been torn down. I was thinking about this racism stuff and remembering the "old days". Kids of every race playing together was common in spite of segregation. Old people didn't seem to mix well but that's the way it was.

One single lady with a son lived there without a husband. Her husband was a soldier killed in Korea. Everybody helped her out. There was one mixed race couple, a black man and white woman that were married. They lived on the "border" between the black and white section.

A single white woman caused a great controversy and many raised eyebrows. She was divorced with two kids and moved in to one of the small one story apartments at the end of one of the rows. In spite of living in a mixed but segregated neighborhood having a divorced single woman with kids move in is the only "scandalous" thing that caused a lot of general gossip I remember about the place.

Times have changed.

Neat story. I do remember the looking down at white women who were involve with black men. Times have change greatly in our time. Some for the better, some not.

1/11/2013 12:58:28 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
d_voted
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,160)
Winnipeg, MB
64, joined Sep. 2008

This is so so funny.

I just finished writing a piece in another forum and made my views known about racism.

I hardly ever come into this forum and find the very subject I spoke to in the last one.

I copied it from the other forum and will paste it below:

Racism:

There are a few self-evident truths

1) We are ALL God's children
2) ALL God's children are gifted
3) God's gifts are most fully realized when put to the service of others
4) We do NOT have the same combination of gifts and therefore need others to be full
5) The classifications of gifts and their value is God's business not ours
6) God does not see as man (homosapien) does
7) Due to our own short-sightedness we often don't recognize when we need a gift
8) Grace is vital because we do not live out our giftedness to the fullest
9) Mercy is vital because it calls one back to the person they were created to be
10) Love is realizing that others have different and complementary gifts and we must be fully committed to allowing them or encouraging them to grow into their giftedness.

Racism or sexism denies the humanity of the other. Its repercussions are damaging to the person who holds racist views because it denies them access to the gifts of an entire group of individuals AND refuses to share one's own gifts with them.

It negates and insults the members of the group while by witholding one's self from them hoards the gifts the racist has been given.

Therefore the racist poops in his/her own pants.

So ends my philosophical and theological treatist on racism.

D.

An addition to this forum: IF you have no theological convictions then get some so you can appreciate the severity of it - almost ANY theological convitions will do.

1/11/2013 9:23:24 AM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  

58dpilot
Springdale, AR
62, joined May. 2012

There ya go. Let's just blame it on God then.

1/18/2013 1:35:51 PM Racism in New York City? I thought it was all spose to be down South  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

d_voted~~

long time

I must beg to disagree with, at least, one of your concepts, sir.

One does NOT need to have ANY theological understanding in order to comprehend what "racism" is, or how destructive its percepts are to humankind.

One only has to have the intelligence level God gave a goose!