Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonals ads

If you have ever joined a club run or cycled with close friends, you will know that there s generally a genuine sense of community. free michigan chat rooms The app is extremely considerably well known among youngsters because of its frequent upgrades. What does qeep do? Badoo is a free cross platform app that is designed to support individuals make pals and hook up online in what is a twenty 1st century dating web site in all Hannah, a 31 year old teacher in Chicago, purchased Bumble Increase immediately after 4 years of becoming single and realizing she wanted to get really serious about marriage and household. rockford skipthegames Registration by e mail address or a social network account only takes a %.

m hookup com

On its face, Tinder encourages you to make shallow, snap judgments about potential partners. naples singles over 50 We at Selection acknowledge the Gadigal people today, the regular custodians of this land on which we perform, and pay our respects to the Very first Nations persons of this nation. Troubles and subjects about Obtaining Married, Concerns and Strategies about Wedding cakes, Wedding songs, Exactly where to get married, Wedding decoration and other things necessary for the greatest Wedding. trucici onlyfans He was beyond embarrassed and told me it was the lowest point of his life.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/26/2013 10:34:58 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

rune098
Modesto, CA
36, joined Aug. 2012

Anyone can list a favorite guitarist, band, solo, etc. But are there any musicians here who know their stuff enough to talk about it? Time to call y'all out because there's already enough fluff threads. I wanna hear from musicians with substance.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/26/2013 10:43:32 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,302)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Well then, sweety ~~ Why don't you set the standard to live by? Are you being called out?

2/26/2013 11:49:29 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

rune098
Modesto, CA
36, joined Aug. 2012

I accept your challenge. Name the topic, lets discuss.

3/18/2013 2:18:14 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
lily3333
Los Angeles, CA
59, joined May. 2011

I have a Masters Degree in Music. Wanna talk theory? Chord progressions? Intervallic relationships? I'm up for ALLLLLLL of it, babe!

3/19/2013 9:48:37 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
lily3333
Los Angeles, CA
59, joined May. 2011

Oh, and then there are those nice deceptive cadences....love 'em. And anyone out there like cadential extension as much as I do? How about dominant chord substitutes? They make my blood sizzle.......

3/20/2013 2:54:22 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
jjwood64
Longmont, CO
52, joined Feb. 2013

I'm an almost lifetime music freak, and also have been playing banjo for almost 8 years, and play in one side band, Willie Bean Bluegrass. Since I am a Deadhead, I naturally favor quality songwriting and improvisitation.

I can definitely talk music!

3/22/2013 8:05:16 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

bier95
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,740)
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

I have been playing for 57 years now guitar,mandolin,keyboard,and fiddle,and dobro, have been playing the banjo for 25 years. I love the sound of a 5 string, had my last one custom made. All so play blues and like to play around with the Pentatonic scale easy to create some great blues sounds.

[Edited 3/22/2013 8:06:10 AM ]

3/22/2013 1:42:03 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

I can "TALK" anything .... show me the lyrics!

3/24/2013 9:57:25 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
pearlfive
Evansville, IN
47, joined Aug. 2012

Ive been drumming for 12 years now..it's hard to get folks to discuss the technical side of music...trust me I try all the time lol

3/26/2013 6:18:52 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
saber75a
Missoula, MT
50, joined Jul. 2012

im a lyrasist. I wrote many #1 songs. matchbox 20, goo-goo dolls,new radicals and many others. some of my aqaintances was Joe Satriani, Pete towshend,Bono, Yo-Yo Ma. I taught myself to play guitar after (Robert Cray gave me an air gutar lesson in the middle of a sidewalk) I refuse too work with that level of ego anymore.
I also did some studio drumming for dar williams and anni defranco. released on a dar williams album, the song is "Comfortably numb) yea I know a cover but give it a listen. their voices are angelic.
I have the platforms for 2-3 top 20 lyrics. anyone want to cyberband. well record it. mix it down then master to I-tunes. albums dont sell anymore and im not into the whole travelling circus thing over..

3/27/2013 1:39:27 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
saber75a
Missoula, MT
50, joined Jul. 2012

Just because you went to berkley dont mean you know how to play the blues.

4/4/2013 3:12:24 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

ronbo377
Tucson, AZ
60, joined Mar. 2012

I have been a self employed, Entertainer, vocalist, musician For over 20 years! Why would I want to talk about this stuff on my day off? LOL!

4/4/2013 10:15:47 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

bier95
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

Quote from saber75a:
im a lyrasist. I wrote many #1 songs. matchbox 20, goo-goo dolls,new radicals and many others. some of my aqaintances was Joe Satriani, Pete towshend,Bono, Yo-Yo Ma. I taught myself to play guitar after (Robert Cray gave me an air gutar lesson in the middle of a sidewalk) I refuse too work with that level of ego anymore.
I also did some studio drumming for dar williams and anni defranco. released on a dar williams album, the song is "Comfortably numb) yea I know a cover but give it a listen. their voices are angelic.
I have the platforms for 2-3 top 20 lyrics. anyone want to cyberband. well record it. mix it down then master to I-tunes. albums dont sell anymore and im not into the whole travelling circus thing over..

Lets see BONO Died 15 years ago, was popular in music in the mid 1960's and mid 1970's, then a mayor for 4 years, then to the house of Reps. So your saying you where 8 yrs old when you wrote songs for BONO HMMMMMMMMMM interesting since he was his own song writer.

4/6/2013 7:18:49 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

I can talk music all day ... but now if you are expecting me to carry a tune in a bucket or sing on key then we have a problem because I don't play.....

4/13/2013 10:11:28 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

enamel
Warrenville, IL
59, joined Sep. 2012

Quote from bier95:
Lets see BONO Died 15 years ago, was popular in music in the mid 1960's and mid 1970's, then a mayor for 4 years, then to the house of Reps. So your saying you where 8 yrs old when you wrote songs for BONO HMMMMMMMMMM interesting since he was his own song writer.

You're referencing Sonny Bono (Bow Know). The BS post you responded to is talking about Bono (Bah Know), singer for the Irish band U2.

My real music question is :How do you differently resolve Italian, French and German augmented sixth chords, according to common practice? I've searched Grove's but it must have been a lecture topic those many years ago.

4/14/2013 4:32:59 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

bier95
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

1.The Italian (augmented 6th plus a 3rd above the bass--scale degree 1) moves directly to V. Double third above bass, as it is the most stable element of the chord.
2.The German (Italian sixth plus a perfect fifth above the bass) This chord almost always proceeds to a V, to avoid parallel fifths. The German augmented sixth chord is the only augmented sixth chord that is enharmonic with a dominant seventh chord.
3.The French (Italian sixth plus an augmented fourth above the bass scale degree 2) moves directly to V.

4/24/2013 9:33:53 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

king_curty
Marshfield, MO
27, joined Apr. 2013

I love international chords! my favorite is the German because it sounds like a V7 but moves to a minor i... Right now I am working on composing a fugal sonata (A sonata that has fugue like attributes) and I am to the development section now. The "exposition" part of it is about 20-30 ms. long... When I am done maybe I can upload an mp3 of it to let you all hear.

4/26/2013 2:30:07 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
jean_luc_dubois
New York, NY
29, joined Apr. 2013

Well, I for one absolutely LOVE the appogiatura chord in Beethoven's Pathetique!

I also love the way Mozart uses secondary dominants, especially in ths Lacrimosa.

4/26/2013 5:34:15 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

dreamofgenie52
Martinsville, VA
56, joined Apr. 2013

Are you country?

5/8/2013 1:19:40 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
genewilder
The Dalles, OR
36, joined May. 2013

Is anyone in here a lyricist. If so let's talk. I write a lot of songs on guitar, bass, keyboard but my real passion is lyrics. I love to sing I can't stop it. I've written a ton of good stuff. Very deep emotional stuff. All derives From my life experiences.

5/8/2013 10:41:19 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
jdear76
Bad
Iran
41, joined Apr. 2013

I'm sure that guys not talking about sonny bono but bono from U2 would be my guess. A monkey could write better songs than sonny bono! Yeesh!

5/8/2013 10:46:49 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
jdear76
Bad
Iran
41, joined Apr. 2013

I don't know any of the technical shit other than basic chords. I write songs, sing, and love my acoustic! I suppose if i looked em up i would be playing a shitload of different chords and stuff but that would be boring! I'd rather just play! (-:

5/16/2013 10:36:56 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

guitboxer007
Eugene, OR
25, joined Mar. 2013

Ipes, I forget how limited my theory is sometimes. I at least know the language, but my own writing seems to take me... not in anti-melodical directions, but I really enjoy unconventional stuff. My favorite genre is Space/Post Punk- At The Drive-In/The Mars Volta, Bear vs. Shark, The Dear Hunter... etc. I try to come up with more fluid time signatures (well... they sound more fluid to me, I don't throw rhythms at the wall at random), like trying to convert the lines in a Haiku into flipping bars of 5s and 7s (5, 7, 5, 5, 7, 5, etc.), or trying to incorporate "life" rhythms such as basing a song off a staircase, or making an oscillating circle out of a chord progression by turning a series of 3/4 bars into a 12/4 phrase... I hope I don't sound like a blundering idiot XD

6/2/2013 8:35:48 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
whatthehellman
Houston, TX
47, joined Apr. 2013

I used to get calls about my tone and rather than duck and Dodge o figure it's time I give my secret to one if the baddest, raunchiest, crunchiest, MEANEST rock-n-roll tones I've ever bathed my ears in. It started with a guitar amp I found that was condemned and so happened it contained circuitry that has had a huge impact on defining the modern tone. This circuitry comes from a lil company called Line 6 and the model amp was the original "Spider" 2X12 combo. Well I yanked the 12's sawed the chassis making a brain and ran it direct into my workstation. Everything plays a part from the pick to the twisting of the knobs and the strings and pickup were ever as important. Using the Seymour Duncan Invader in a $10 D'armond axe from the pawnshop I was able to get incredible crystal clear MEANNESS from this configuration. Always remember "less is more" so keep the gain only high enough to achieve the effect and for gods sake NO MORE than absolutely necessary. When tracking multi-up on the axetracks for that monster "wall of guitars" sound Sony and others mastered in the early days of moder rock. So. Thar she blows, amazing tone from simple components that gives you another million dollar studio sound. Enjoy!

6/4/2013 2:52:13 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

skcwkcfupayme
Las Vegas, NV
32, joined Jan. 2012

Im elated by some of your posts guys its nice to see lifetime musicians out there ive only been playing bass guitar and piano for 17 years i dabble in other stringed instruments as well but thats enough about me just wanted to say i was entertained by reading about most of you all well with the exception of the occaisional troll oh but to answer your question musician wise one of my cousins winton marsalis songs pathique pt. 2 by beethoven guitar solos santana in everything kno what this is kinda hard the list can go on forever

6/21/2013 5:25:52 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

xray6
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,990)
Jacksonville, FL
29, joined Mar. 2012

I'm a metal guitarists

With the help of a drum machine
I write and record complete original compositions from drums to base to both guitar parts.

I have all my latest work on my soundcloud.

always willing to talk music

7/17/2013 3:09:03 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
upwardandonward
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from rune098:
I accept your challenge. Name the topic, lets discuss.

Microtonal music. Go.

8/21/2013 12:54:23 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

reyhenny33
Winter Haven, FL
33, joined Jul. 2013

I'm a real musician and I read and write music. I play the drums,guitar,bass,piano,trumpet,congas. I'm currently in a band and its my second band so far. I have played shows in front of a shit load of people and I love music and I will forever be a student to the art of music.

9/9/2013 11:28:24 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
hound78
Defiance, MO
39, joined Sep. 2013

I'm a Luthier.... So talent or not I can repair, restore, or build a guitar from not much more than block of wood.
....honestly though,talent is but not just the trade

1/24/2014 2:31:59 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

writeaway12
Baker City, OR
41, joined Jul. 2012

Hello, I am minoring in music. I play violin in two orchestras, first in one and third/the viola part in the other. I also have an interest in starting cello. My music class this term is a varied group class that plays world music, folk, funk, Celtic . . . basically anything. We are even working with a few songs that we have composed. It has been an interesting experience so far, as I am used to playing mostly classical. I am also heavily involved in a third orchestra. Though that one is a bit more advanced than my level on violin, I do film and photograph for them as well as manage the website, Facebook page and sit on the board. One of my greatest passions is supporting and strengthening classical music, especially in rural areas such as out here in Eastern Oregon!

1/25/2014 7:34:26 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

jamjam777
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,176)
Van Buren, AR
47, joined Oct. 2013

I also can talk it.., but I also know people that can talk it..& not walk it....they can't play worth crap....or can only play if the music is laid in front of them

1/27/2014 12:46:30 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

I have a master's in music plus I've been a professional musician for more years of my life that not.

1/28/2014 1:47:47 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

xjonnx
Long Beach, CA
23, joined Aug. 2013

Pro flutist. Got my degree in conservatory of music spain

2/22/2014 3:57:35 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
donchathink
Hot Springs Village, AR
84, joined Feb. 2013

That's not how you spell lyricist!

2/24/2014 11:46:25 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
get_rocked
Wilmington, DE
44, joined Feb. 2012

3/4/2014 11:21:22 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

artist820
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,464)
Tehachapi, CA
60, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from rob_noxious:
I like how everybody is listing credentials and nobody is really talking music!
All i've taken was Music Appreciation and i got a "D" It was a class about "i can name that tune in 3 notes" It was there that I learned classical however, my true "education" came from church, where i learned "spirituals". In college, I hung out with the white kids who loved to see the local black musicians at the all white clubs. of course, being me, i had to go all the way up to the front of the stage and watch the greats pick their guitars and wail some fantastic blues. Albert Collins was my favorite. My kids don't believe I was able to be up front and personal with the greats. From there my own kids introduced me to Billie Holiday, Joe Turner, Donna Summer from their Music Appreciation classes. My son is a guitarist and is composing on sound cloud, so check it out. My fiance is also a guitarist and has a few videos out there. I just wail at campfires when the acoustics are good & the mood strikes me. I don't read music; well, i can play "Eine Kline Nacht Musik" by figuring out where the notes are, but that takes all the fun outta music.

3/6/2014 3:27:02 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

chinstandard
Provo, UT
27, joined Aug. 2013

When you are substituting dominant chords, i prefer em a lil spicy like a nice diminished or half diminished seventh chord. But my favorite is when Beethoven stands on the dominant as he retransitions back to the tonic key. Then he takes us home in pure glory

3/6/2014 4:03:25 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
zeldablue3
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,623)
Brownsville, TX
24, joined Jan. 2014

Biased !!!

3/8/2014 10:19:47 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
onemoretime2c
Over 2,000 Posts (3,258)
Boca Grande, FL
63, joined Apr. 2012

In the beginning was Bach......1685-1750

3/28/2014 11:44:32 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

larcar007
Joplin, MO
62, joined Sep. 2008

how do I know my tunes won't get stolen?

4/3/2014 12:56:30 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
trillyenagain
Anderson, IN
37, joined Dec. 2013

What the hell iz the difference between the pentatonic major....and Minor scale. ....they are the exact same damn thing...

4/4/2014 1:39:02 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

rocker1316569
Waterloo, NY
60, joined Feb. 2014

He calls us out and then disappears when it comes to progressions and REAL stuff.
Drummer for 50 years.Been all around the world!

[Edited 4/4/2014 1:39:42 AM ]

4/6/2014 8:02:49 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
trillyenagain
Anderson, IN
37, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from rocker1316569:
He calls us out and then disappears when it comes to progressions and REAL stuff.
Drummer for 50 years.Been all around the world!

4/7/2014 9:49:16 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

The major pentatonic scale is simple the major scale with scale degrees 4 and 7 removed.
The minor pentatonic scale consists of notes 1 b3 4 5 and b7.

There's a relationship between major and minor that goes like this:
Take any key. Go 3 1/2 stepd (or frets) down and that is the relative minor.
A minor is the relative to C major.
C major pentatonic and A minor pentatonic have the same notes. Whether or not you're playing minor or major pentatonic isn't determined by the shape you're using. It's determined by the music you're playing or the key you're in.

4/7/2014 9:25:35 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
bigd44906
Mansfield, OH
53, joined Oct. 2010

Took a few jazz lessons back in the late 80's and really wish my teacher hadn't gotten greedy which forced me as a broke college student to drop out.

Still, enjoying the hell outta this thread!

I have a in my playing: playing scales, modes or runs horizontally is both simple and easy for me however playing them vertically up the neck is gawd awful challenging. Any suggestions on how to overcome this deficiency? Any particular exercises that any of you accomplished guitarists can recommend that would help?

Thank you in advance.

4/8/2014 10:21:59 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from bigd44906:
Took a few jazz lessons back in the late 80's and really wish my teacher hadn't gotten greedy which forced me as a broke college student to drop out.

Still, enjoying the hell outta this thread!

I have a in my playing: playing scales, modes or runs horizontally is both simple and easy for me however playing them vertically up the neck is gawd awful challenging. Any suggestions on how to overcome this deficiency? Any particular exercises that any of you accomplished guitarists can recommend that would help?

Thank you in advance.

Is it a matter of memory or dexterity?

4/8/2014 11:54:25 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
trillyenagain
Anderson, IN
37, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from jrmldks:
The major pentatonic scale is simple the major scale with scale degrees 4 and 7 removed.
The minor pentatonic scale consists of notes 1 b3 4 5 and b7.

There's a relationship between major and minor that goes like this:
Take any key. Go 3 1/2 stepd (or frets) down and that is the relative minor.
A minor is the relative to C major.
C major pentatonic and A minor pentatonic have the same notes. Whether or not you're playing minor or major pentatonic isn't determined by the shape you're using. It's determined by the music you're playing or the key you're in.

that makes since....Thank you.

4/8/2014 3:55:28 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  
bigd44906
Mansfield, OH
53, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from jrmldks:
Is it a matter of memory or dexterity?

Mostly memory. For some reason, it's difficult for me to link even box patterns up and down the neck and I don't know why. I was taught the CAGED system and we used the Scales & Modes In the Beginning text but for my playing mostly it's been primarily horizontal runs rather than vertical.

Do you have any exercises to help play vertical runs?

4/30/2014 5:41:36 PM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

contrabassman
Wheeling, WV
55, joined Feb. 2014

I am a saxophonist and low reed specialist .I have studied jazz with Phil Woods.I also played in The United States Army Field Band and various other army bands.I am also an eclectic audiophile. Music is my life....Period.

5/19/2014 2:26:04 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

xray6
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,990)
Jacksonville, FL
29, joined Mar. 2012

i write and recorded my own METAL

6/4/2014 1:39:53 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

fishnthec
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (27,843)
Mesquite, TX
65, joined Oct. 2010
online now!

I don't do a lot of talking about it, I just play.

You start the conversation, if I think I can help you or interest you, I'll be glad to tell you what I know and what works best for me.

6/4/2014 1:44:58 AM Any real musicians who can talk music ?  

fishnthec
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (27,843)
Mesquite, TX
65, joined Oct. 2010
online now!

Quote from contrabassman:
I am a saxophonist and low reed specialist .I have studied jazz with Phil Woods.I also played in The United States Army Field Band and various other army bands.I am also an eclectic audiophile. Music is my life....Period.

Hey, finally someone who likes to talk vinyl. I have over 100,000 45's (MANY OF THE SAME) and 20,000 albums. So you may have met your match mR. AUDIOPHILE. iNBOX ME!