Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelight dating

The app is for each couples and singles, and verifies folks through Facebook, without the need of sharing info publicly. calgary christian singles groups In response to altering demands, Tinder announced new tools last month that will enable users to get to know people today greater on the web. This query will challenge your dates ambitions. skout dating network You can display your hobbies, interests, pastimes, pals, or household if you want to.

skip the games

When you radiate self confidence, decisiveness and independence, girls will gravitate towards you. kingsland classifieds At Story Party you will hear accurate dating stories that will make you feel better because, let s be honest, it could be worse. I proposed to Sarah on Castle Island in Boston following six months of dating and we married in Las Vegas two months later. cancel bumble subscription credit card Inform me the story of how your longest relationship ended OR show me your funniest childhood photo.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/11/2013 9:59:15 AM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

okaylee
New York, NY
31, joined Sep. 2012

I recently updated the MeetMe Mutuals page, it will be rolling out over the coming weeks. We are currently showing it to only 10% of you on the desktop site, so some of you may see it but most will not. There are two major changes:

1) The page now has the option to show only your pending mutual matches (they haven't agreed yet), and your confirmed mutual matches (they said yes). If they say no, they will stop showing up in the pending list.

2) You can cancel your yes vote in the pending list. If you hover over someone who has been pending for a while, and you no longer care to wait, you can go ahead and click the red cancel right below them.

As always, if you run into issues with the new page, please please post here and I'll look into it. The new desktop MeetMe feature had a slightly rough launch, but I'm hoping the Mutuals page has all the kinks worked out already.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/11/2013 10:02:42 AM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

robin0109
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,218)
Cincinnati, OH
35, joined Feb. 2013

Thanks lee

6/11/2013 1:23:27 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (203,195)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

I never knew the function worked anyway.

But if I go take a look at it "It is providing incorrect information."

1) It says one must have their profile VISIBLE to play.

2) It says one must have a main pic posted.

WRONG!!

My profile is both VISIBLE, and has a main pic posted, but the function says I don't.

Maybe this is what you mean about the 10%/90%, semi-quasi.

6/11/2013 1:39:15 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

okaylee
New York, NY
31, joined Sep. 2012

While your profile is currently set to visible, Cup, your main profile picture appears to have disappeared. Perhaps it was flagged as inappropriate or something, either way, if you upload a new one or choose another as your main photo, it should begin working.

I added this back in to the new MeetMe because the old one had it. It kind of makes sense because MeetMe lets people vote on a user's photos, but if they have no main profile photo then how will they ever get a mutual match (where someone they vote yes on votes yes back)?

At any rate, once you select another main profile photo it should work.

6/11/2013 1:55:47 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Thanks, semi-quasi ... but looking at my profile, right now, my main pic is visible AND it is the SAME main profile pic I have had up almost continually for the last 4 years with never any problems of having had it flagged or rejected.

If I could screenshot my current profile I would gladly post what I am seeing as my main profile pic.

[Edited 6/11/2013 1:57:08 PM ]

6/11/2013 1:56:36 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

robin0109
Cincinnati, OH
35, joined Feb. 2013

You have no profile picture (not on my end you dont).

[Edited 6/11/2013 1:57:17 PM ]

6/11/2013 2:00:54 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

okaylee
New York, NY
31, joined Sep. 2012

Try logging out and logging back in. There are still some kinks Dustin left behind, but when we redo the profile and user related functions of DH we'll make it update without having to re-login.

6/11/2013 2:05:49 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

I've switched it twice to my arm so I can see the change. I had to completely back out and come back in.

Going to add my main now.

ta da ........ there she is ... I still don't know what that was all about but maybe one of you can tell me if it back up on your end now, it is on mine.

[Edited 6/11/2013 2:08:31 PM ]

6/11/2013 2:07:27 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

robin0109
Cincinnati, OH
35, joined Feb. 2013

Quote from robin0109:
You have no profile picture (not on my end you dont).

Now i can see it.

6/11/2013 2:09:55 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Thanks, Robin. I have been visible for a while but could never get my main to show on posting, although it was showing to me when I looked at my own profile.

6/11/2013 2:21:36 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Thanks, semi-quasi ~~~~ if that little issue could be corrected then perhaps there are other members out there who show as "no pic" to the rest of us but really do have a main pic posted and don't know how to get the main pic to show back up.

Maybe we would see all the beautiful people if the update on the main pic was automatic.

Question, Quasi ~~ This correction just reminded me: Is it still true that a profile set to INVISIBLE status WILL NOT show in searches on the WWW ... but when the member looks at their profile, themselves, it shows up for ONLY them to see? [Isn't that a little confusing for some members? Couldn't there be a way for a member to be invisible on the WWW but still be visible when posting with friends on the site?

6/11/2013 2:33:11 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

okaylee
New York, NY
31, joined Sep. 2012

Invisible members' profiles can only be visited by themselves and users on their friends list. This is intentional, because if you are going invisible it is assumed that you are taking a break from actually looking for other people (and you don't want other people to look for you).

The reason we disallow this for MeetMe is obvious, MeetMe is for people who are looking to find new people. In this case, if you want to both play MeetMe and you want to remain invisible, then by definition you are either being self contradictory. Either that, or you are playing MeetMe to just look at other people, in which case a plain old quick-search will do just fine without all the constant voting-no to go through people.

6/11/2013 3:04:49 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

I understand that concept, semi-quasi. I suppose what I was really trying to say wasn't very clear.

If a member -- who wanted to use the site to its full capacity also wanted to remain OFF the WWW SEARCH fields -- wanted to be visible to ALL other members they posted with on the site -- (not just those on their friends list) -- could it be conceivable that an added feature (or possibly an opt out feature) could be coded to the site, as well as what is available now?

[e.g.: I have friends on my friends list -- they can see my profile, pic & posts]

But I want to use the MeetMe function -- but I don't want to be visible to every Tom, D*ck, and Harry on the WWW.

Right now ... I cannot use the member function MeetMe because I have reasons to be hidden from others than friends on the site. (mainly not wanting to show up on the WWW)

Why can't I use the features of the site but have the right to OPT-OUT of the functions I do not want to utilize? Why does the site make my decision of what functions to use or not?]

OPT-OUTS could include:
1) Invisible to a members except friends -- check
2) Invisible to the WWW -- check
3) Invisible to BLOCKED members --- check

however

I do want to appear visible in order to use the MeetMe feature
I do want to be visible to other posters which I post with that aren't on my friends list.

Where is my OPTION to participate freely on the site unless I OPT-OUT of certain features?

Right now all I can do is be invisible except to friends. Does that seem a equitable choice of my chosen site participation? I can "play" but only if I become visible? What kind of choice is that?

QUESTION: The site says it(on the MeetMe) function, and you semi-quasi have used the phrase more than once on these pages --- so expound please, Is the MeetMe function ONLY A GAME of sorts?

6/11/2013 3:21:50 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

okaylee
New York, NY
31, joined Sep. 2012

I fail to understand what you mean by "only a game", some games can be really important. Is the reality TV show "the bachelor(ette)" "only a game" to the participants on there? I called MeetMe a game because Dustin did, and it seems a little bit game-like because it is so simple to use. But talking with a new person is a very real result of it, so "only-a" is hardly the right description of it.

As for not appearing to search engines, no, we don't really have any plans to make a search-engine specific blocking feature. If Facebook doesn't consider it important to prevent Google from crawling FB profiles, I fail to see how we can make a case for it. You should feel free to let friends and family know you use DH for whatever reasons that you do, if they love and accept you for who you are I doubt they'll have an issue with it.

6/11/2013 3:35:05 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

but ... semi-quasi ... surely DateHookup.dating does not operate under the same guidelines which FaceBook operates, does it? So should DH adjust their field of operation to be like FaceBook? Wouldn't that make DH, essentially, of the same character of a FaceBook website? Then what would be the reasoning behind 2 like websites on the internet? Wouldn't DH be encouraging their own demise as a viable internet product?

As for friends and family knowing of my personal membership with DH --- they do know. I have nothing to be ashamed of that I have ever posted on DH.

With a friend along, I even met another member of DH in real life.

Some of my family have even posted on this site, themselves, after I have referred them.

6/11/2013 4:49:30 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

okaylee
New York, NY
31, joined Sep. 2012

I'm not saying we want to be exactly the same as Facebook, Cup, I am just pointing out another example of a successful website allowing Google to index user profiles. As for referring your friends, that is wonderful and I thank you for increasing usage of DH.

6/11/2013 5:37:15 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

But .... semi-quasi ... hasn't Google been indexing DH all along? I don't mind, personally, because there are so many sites on the internet that are all indexing, sharing, linking etc ... and since Google is ... well ... you know ... Google ... that is how that search engine became such a success in, and of, itself.

As far as true dating sites goes, isn't DH still in the top 5-10 bracket even after the buyout by "The Company"? And isn't DH already the largest ad generator dating site on the internet? All of that success was achieved by Dustin's 'labor-of-love' to have a FREE dating site. I am dismayed to hear that DH may become more like the FaceBook website. I have avoided that site all this time. It is such a cheap brand of social entertainment, imho. Nothing but children and childish bullying and squabbles (yes, I have seen the bleed-over onto the DH site, and I, for one, adult member do not like it -- especially on a dating site designed for Mature Adults).

Should DH go the way of FaceBook and become a playground for juveniles and "wannabee" strong-armers --- I see an exodus of ADULT participation from this site.

I wouldn't exactly call that "progress" in this day and age.

Well -- so much for the chit-chat before I get hit with a "chatting detected" notice.

6/12/2013 9:23:43 AM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

okaylee
New York, NY
31, joined Sep. 2012

Sorry cup, you misunderstood me because I had the word "facebook" in my previous comment. Please take it in context, we are NOT becoming like "facebook", I don't even understand what that would entail. We remain a free, ad-supported online dating site. DH's statistics in the online dating world have not changed dramatically since Dustin's departure, not that I hear you were ever his biggest fan.

In the interest of maintaining the thread to be on-topic, I'm going to lock you out of this thread. Happy typing.

6/17/2013 9:18:03 AM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

xashax
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (49,536)
Union, NH
44, joined May. 2009

^^How do you tell when someone is actually deleted by admin intentionally though? It's confusing.

6/18/2013 12:52:27 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
prettypeas
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,588)
Cadott, WI
49, joined Jul. 2010

I am thoroughly graced to be in the 10% to beta test the new "MeetMe Mutuals"! Kewl, Lee. I likes it. I can rate photos from there too.

on the side note, I won't ever do FB, NSA has all my info from Verizon anyways. Ha!

6/24/2013 10:01:34 AM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  

okaylee
New York, NY
31, joined Sep. 2012

I'm not sure, blacksmoke, about the deleted profiles. That used to happen on the old MeetMe, and I made a change in the new one to specifically check that they were not deleted. That being said, we just rolled out the new MeetMe to mobile, so more people should be getting the new one now without deleted profiles.

As for the new Mutual MeetMe page, we are rolling it out to everyone on desktop today. The experiment is over, and it's generally been positive. People really seem to find the cancel feature quite useful. As always, please post here or make a new thread if you have issues with the new Mutuals page going forward.

6/25/2013 5:01:48 PM New MeetMe Mutuals Format  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

testing testing testing