Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersona

AmourFactory is one particular of the international dating web sites that deliver members with a possibility to discover and get in touch with matches from all more than the planet. free online dating in virginia Something a lot more than that can be a bit as well forward or presumptive. You look across the table and feel blessed to be in their presence. doublelist new orleans Like Bumble, when you like someone, you happen to be matched if they like you back, but there s no swiping involved.

best rated hookup apps

Coming in second is Bumble, which discovered from women s feedback from applying Tinder, some of whom have gotten overwhelmed by incoming messages. personals jacksonville fl Pulmonary Hypertension News is strictly a news and info website about the disease. If I break items off with him, how really should we even continue a correspondence? But I do have doubts about him often. cityxguide jersey shore The pandemic has forced Dawn Burnett to uncover new techniques to express her character while dating.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/31/2013 2:02:23 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  

godsbutterfly1
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,024)
Woodlyn, PA
62, joined Dec. 2010

Okay, you're a boss and you need to hire someone for a position in your company. You have 2 candidates, each equally qualified in all aspects except that one has a degree from an online college and the other from an on campus college, which would you choose or doesn't it matter?

I have a friend who is trying to move up in her company and I'm wondering if her having an exclusively online college education is one of the problems. There is someone else she works with who also has a degree with less experience and less time with the company but the supervisor will show her credentials and aspirations to the higher ups more than my friend's. They both graduated around the same time but my friend's graduation wasn't acknowledged until she made an issue of it. I really have no idea where the other woman graduated from but am wondering if, in the business world, an online degree holds as much water as an on campus one.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/31/2013 2:21:23 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

To be honest many of those online colleges are scams so some companies don't take it serious. But in this situation it really doesn't matter where she went to college. She has to sell and prove herself to be worthy of the position. I've seen people without a college degree advance because they showed they can and know how to do the work.

Tell your friend to not worry about everyone else and worry about her work and kiss some a** too. Push her way into the position she wants, and dress the part too.

7/31/2013 5:11:34 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
itistuesday
Moreno Valley, CA
32, joined Jun. 2013

It doesn't matter, as long as the online campus has pretty good accreditation. That's all that matters in education issue.

7/31/2013 11:16:35 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
legaleye
Over 1,000 Posts (1,786)
Columbus, OH
65, joined Mar. 2008

No real difference, except that for example, an Ivy league type school and some others will get you into a network of friends and associates which can help you fast track in large companies. Otherwise it is performance based and that also includes personality, attitude, etc. that the company executives watch for.

Let me give you an example. Years ago I had a friend who worked in the treasury accounting function of a big company. The Vice President lived near the office and would go home and 5 PM, have his dinner and come back to the office. He would wander around and see who was still there diligently working their butts off. He judged his people by how dedicated they were to the company and if you didnt put those 60 hours a week in the seat, you would never get a good performance review.

She needs to assess all facets of her personality, work habits, etc. and compare them with the culture at the company. She may not be compatible.

8/1/2013 4:05:42 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  
mayflylady
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,045)
Conyers, GA
56, joined Jun. 2012

Depends on the school. As previously stated they aren't all 'real' schools If they give out diplomas to dogs - like some have - then no.

I probably do give more credence to a university like Ohio state. Etc. you can get an online degree from them too.

It's not about it being online or not. But about the school itself

[Edited 8/1/2013 4:06:29 AM ]

8/1/2013 6:34:50 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

I don't know alot of people with online degresses, but the few I have known were always looked down on. As an engineer, I always thought it would be tough enough to get Calculous in your hesd with a physical professor, much less an invisable instructor online.
BOttom line is I don't think a online student is as prepared as a normal student, so I"d pick the on-campus student.

8/11/2013 1:19:40 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  

godsbutterfly1
Woodlyn, PA
62, joined Dec. 2010

What I have noticed, not just with her is a real loss of the social aspect. Her University had a homecoming at our city's zoo. I heard that quite a few alumni were there but the problem was that they didn't meet, as far as I could tell. They had one tent for lunch but the thing was, I only noticed a few people talking to each other. I think for every online university that the students should be required to have at least one or two courses on campus.

I also knew someone who studied online and had someone else do all his work for him. He got his degree without doing much, if any of the work. He gave someone his password. That disgusted me. But, in the long run, he is the one who will lose out. He can never make up the course information that he lost in having someone else do his work. I think that is one of major problems with online education is not being able to track people who are cheating, in one form or another.

8/11/2013 12:53:01 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
bryan2816
Vancouver, WA
29, joined Sep. 2012

There's a huge difference between taking classes / getting a degree online and doing the same in a actual class room. I've personally done both.

What most people don't realize is that online classes are extremely limited in their material, they may use the same book a traditional class would use but there are no spontaneous discussions, very limited or no socializing and interaction with peers to build useful skills and work habits, no chance for a teacher to update the course to meet current trends or expand upon the course material, ext. And, as any and all tests are open book/notes, its hard to tell whether anything is actually being learned; Being able to answer all your test questions by flipping through notes doesn't really count as being educated on the subject.

The last part is why I liked taking online classes: open book tests and finals mean't I didn't even have to read the books, just work the index

8/11/2013 1:17:17 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
good_dr
Spokane, WA
53, joined Dec. 2011

Then there are those that just cram for the exam. In that case it really doesn't matter if it's on line or not. Heck, I took one quarter of college. During that time I only brushed up maybe around an hour or two. Than aced the test. This is from being hands on self learning. Couldn't get funding to continue unless I went way over my head in dept. In that made the choice to get certified "Comptia". Have even more certifications now. It's one thing to really know what your doing vs just a paper that says that you know. Heck, command line is now a college course. Ask a grad now days what is IRQ, DMA, and base port address is, and you get the answer of Ummmmmm. Make part of the interview a test. Than you can really find out if someone is qualified or not.

8/12/2013 1:18:15 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  
tango159
Gainesville, FL
37, joined Jan. 2012

yeah it might be. i have had idiots try soliciting online courses as a great idea when i spelled it out i need work hands on in a few areas like driving as part of it

[Edited 8/12/2013 1:19:07 AM ]

8/12/2013 9:01:10 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  
eastfoot
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,201)
Bossier City, LA
61, joined Jul. 2012

I've done both. Course accreditation is important within careers vs. continuing education classes. Online courses are not for everyone though, being a different form of learning. Mine were actually very challenging, intense, no open book, the essay/discussion format can really determine knowledge about a subject ,,,same as being on a job, you have to sell what you know vs. selling yourself ha. An online education is especially affective in conjunction with the campus classes, but vocational training or hands on internship is an added bonus even if its not required.

8/12/2013 7:35:46 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  

sky_pilot42
Lexington, MI
64, joined Jun. 2012

Depends on the classes taken online and the school and also the job he or she is interviewing for. Online classes can be a lot harder and require more self-discipline than brick and mortar classrooms.

8/27/2013 10:39:33 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  

godsbutterfly1
Woodlyn, PA
62, joined Dec. 2010

I really think she missed out on the socialization aspect. She had a Homecoming recently at the city zoo and when we went, almost no one spoke to one another. It was pretty sad.

8/28/2013 5:38:39 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  

hp9009
Over 1,000 Posts (1,171)
Dalton, GA
45, joined Jun. 2013

If it is accredited I would not care as long as completed.

More interested if a person shows up and gives effort.

Coming fromt he military not many options beyond Online during deployment.

[Edited 8/28/2013 5:39:26 PM ]

9/4/2013 5:59:05 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
tango159
Gainesville, FL
37, joined Jan. 2012

I have had what appeared to be a scam with one online school solicit me. I asked about a carreer in law enforcement before they said they were online only and tried convincing me being behind a keyboard was exactly the same as sitting behind the wheel driv

9/7/2013 6:58:10 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  
nothingisreal
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Harrison, MI
63, joined Jul. 2013

I would hire someone who went to
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Columbia
University of Chicago
Stanford
Duke
University of Pennsylvania
Michigan State University
University of Michigan

Before I'd hire someone who went to
DeVry Online.

9/7/2013 2:28:08 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
good_dr
Spokane, WA
53, joined Dec. 2011

Some good and interesting points of view here. Kind of like if it's all just going to be by the book. Who cares? If it's going to involve hands on. Than some in class time or experience is required.

Being what I have already stated. Another question comes to mind, or maybe better for another thread.

Who would you rather hire. Someone with the experience and skills, or someone fresh green with papers? That would also depend on what the task at hand is going to require.

I still think that a test as part of the interview process will also screen out a lot. That and if the applicant isn't willing to take a test after passing a few interviews. Than that is a signal that a company wouldn't want them anyways.

9/14/2013 12:31:47 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  

godsbutterfly1
Woodlyn, PA
62, joined Dec. 2010

True, that's what I'm hoping happens to that guy who had someone else do his work for him. I can't wait to hear him fall flat on his face.

My friend has been working in her field the whole time she studied. She went to the University of Phoenix.

9/22/2013 6:23:17 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  
bigballs_69
Over 1,000 Posts (1,298)
Atlanta, GA
48, joined Aug. 2013

I am currently taking an on-line drafting course, but I still meet on campus with fellow students. I think that if a college offers a mixture of on-line and in campus courses, those students are very marketable in the work force.

9/28/2013 5:32:23 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
lilod
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,074)
Aurora, IL
51, joined Aug. 2012

I can't tell whether you're asking "does it make a real difference in quality of education?" or "do employers give it less credence?"

The answer to the first question is that it depends on a lot of factors. The answer to the second is that many do.

9/28/2013 9:00:57 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
triphosphate
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,958)
North Pole, AK
29, joined Aug. 2013

Can't flirt with cuties if you're taking online classes

10/27/2013 11:16:47 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  

godsbutterfly1
Woodlyn, PA
62, joined Dec. 2010

I have great news. My friend finally got the big promotion she was looking for.

11/23/2013 1:58:29 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  
shawn_35
Wichita, KS
39, joined Feb. 2013

s far as education goes. Id guess that most employers will hire the on campus grad. As far as experience goes. Lot's of companies are looking for ways to save money. More experience equals more pay. I have personally seen companies hire those that are less experienced so they can train them their way, and pay them less in the meantime.

4/3/2014 12:32:32 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
bigd44906
Mansfield, OH
53, joined Oct. 2010

In truth a sheepskin is merely a badge to show that you can:

1. Follow an outline or course, step-by-step.

2. That you know how to do research.

3. You are good at test taking.

Aside from that, the degree means little; what IS important to me is you and how you sell yourself to me. Why should I hire you over someone else? What do you have to offer or sweeten the pot aside from being able to do the job? Are you the type who can locate something that is a potential problem, bring it to my attention and resolve it on your own without incident? That is valuable. Can you write proposals? Grants? Those are excellent skills to have on board as well. Do you know how to defuse a bad situation with a client or customer without it blowing up or losing the account? Yet another important skill.

People rarely think of things they can do to add value to themselves in the eyes of prospective employers. I've gotten jobs in the past without a bachelors and it was a requirement but the company's manager who hired me saw far more than just a sheepskin and that is what you want.

Also, keeping track of your accounts & progress every month, even if it is done automatically by computer is a good idea. Why? Because when you job hunt, you have something tangible to show a prospective employer that proves you can do what you say you can do. Thus it becomes, "Do I want to hire this person from a private school with no experience and have to hold their hand and train them OR do I take this other person without the degree but with a lot of experience and skills that would justify hiring them at the salary they're asking for?"

In other words, do not get hung up on pedigrees. All you should care about is you have the educational requirements the company is looking for which opens the door for you and now you have the opportunity to really sell yourself.

6/12/2014 8:34:49 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  

emeraldxx2973
Carlinville, IL
44, joined Apr. 2014

Camps

6/24/2014 5:59:02 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
lilod
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,074)
Aurora, IL
51, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from nothingisreal:
I would hire someone who went to
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Columbia
University of Chicago
Stanford
Duke
University of Pennsylvania
Michigan State University
University of Michigan

Before I'd hire someone who went to
DeVry Online.

Why?

8/11/2014 6:16:23 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  

stanleyzee
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (61,896)
Dayton, OH
60, joined Dec. 2012

8/13/2014 11:16:43 PM Online College vs. On Campus College  
stephisicated
Over 1,000 Posts (1,113)
Teaneck, NJ
34, joined Jan. 2013

Depends on the job. If you deal with clients in person the on campus would be preferred if faced with the same credentials. If you aren't going to interact with people it wouldn't matter.

8/15/2014 8:31:52 AM Online College vs. On Campus College  
cubcougar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,651)
Lucerne, CA
64, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from lilod:
Why?

In a campus school .. you get to talk to brainaics ... other people .. and have class discussion.

this wakes the brain up ... and makes for better global learning.

with it being on-line ... like here at Datehookup ...

you really to get hear and brain speak with just one person .. like you are doing now.

Even if you read the whole string in the discussion .. which is days and weeks to build up.

IN class .. that would only take a few minutes ... now weeks.

Then you get on to other things .. in the next few minutes ... not months and then still you only get a narrow band of intelligent discussion as it is not global discussion.

For you to ask why .. means your mind is not able to comprehend that to well.

Your mind is linear, only goes in one line .. and when it hits a wall it stops.

With global mind training in a class of people .. your mind would open up and understand the wall for what it is ...

just a leap of consciousness waiting for you to come to your wits on it.

So you could think out side of the box ... of linear thinking.

Hope that helps ...

sumbuddie wear blind sea