Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

cupid hookup site

He began to slur his words and would not leave. single atlanta women Ofcourse I would since that s no unique to in true life if you met them. He was incredibly good, but I didn t really feel a connection. omegle two friends take turns masturbating to fake cam No representation is produced that the high quality of the legal solutions to be performed is greater than the high quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

car fun listcrawler

The legendary model gracefully strutted down the runway in a see through gown with a ruffle skirt. zialto dating site Woo Dating has matched over a million single girls and males, and as a major app in the global dating scene, we comprehend how essential it is to make the right atmosphere. Take time for introspection on what is actually missing from your life. bedpagequeens We recognize your decision to use an ad blocker, nonetheless realscreen journalism takes time and funding

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/4/2013 4:55:04 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
oldlady4oldman
Tacoma, WA
98, joined Jun. 2012

I keep the TV on, not to watch, but to give some fake sense of "normal" to a now otherwise deathly quiet home. The people talking are pseudo"company" and dispel the immediate, oppressive sense of "aloneness" that comes when I turn it off and disrupts this someone who has never before in her life lived alone, or wanted such a solitary life.

Do others "COPE" with the lonliness like this?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/4/2013 5:51:33 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,556)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

I did the same thing. The TV was on, but I wasn't watching. I'd sit there, off in some daze, and the sound was comforting.

9/4/2013 6:01:33 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
103tl1
Nesbit, MS
67, joined Jul. 2011

4 years and the TV still comes on when I get home. I don't "watch" it either, it's background noise. Have to have something to keep the "silence" away.

9/4/2013 6:22:04 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
sharonipa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Coos Bay, OR
72, joined Mar. 2011

I'm just the opposite. I never turn on the t.v. I enjoy the quiet, so I can read, think, or just listen to the birds and sounds of nature. I do have some nice wind chimes I like to hear though.

9/5/2013 12:44:15 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

all_thumbs
Lake Wales, FL
68, joined Aug. 2010

The sound of silence can be deafening.

9/5/2013 8:36:25 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
lookin4ones
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,437)
Hurst, TX
57, joined Oct. 2010

I prefer the quiet. If i'm feeling down i would put on the radio and dance and sing to the music for a while.

9/11/2013 9:35:46 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

sunnydee7777
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,674)
Clermont, FL
67, joined Aug. 2011

Yes I turn on the TV and leave it on way too much. I find it comforting even though I am not watching it. I even fall asleep with it on.

9/13/2013 3:26:17 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

ldyinred54
Buford, GA
62, joined Jul. 2013

Mine plays most of the time just to hear the noise in the house. I hate being alone at home so I play it for the sound.

9/28/2013 1:16:38 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

lastnightscare
Waco, TX
48, joined May. 2013

T.V. on helps us cope with the ones we've loved. Yet we want to seriously to move on. Our hearts are over flowing and our minds keep growing. So making us afraid to accept what we loss and new love have we gained. Yes its hard for losing those we felt were our forever but think of this......" We have memories of our love we will never surrender"

We will never give up our loves and our dreams but remember them for all eternity.

10/8/2013 2:05:21 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

barstoolguru1
Dallas, TX
57, joined Oct. 2013

NO TV, NO lights, no hiding from reality. I site in bedroom at night with my dogs until I fall asleep and then wake up wondering why the house is so dark. nothing can replace a loved one so why try?

10/9/2013 12:48:03 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
nuhsworld
Over 2,000 Posts (3,567)
Brooklyn, NY
26, joined Jun. 2012

I don't. I get lost in who knows what and block everything out.

10/14/2013 4:07:33 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

lovethelake17
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

Of course you're welcome in our fold.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how horrific losing a child is.

11/4/2013 6:27:55 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
dr0528
Cookeville, TN
57, joined Jul. 2013

Good Morning, I haven't ever done this before....but maybe the outlet I need.....mine is music.....I never turn tv on...I cant focus on watching anything.....but music I have it everywhere.....even in the garage....

11/4/2013 11:15:10 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

lovethelake17
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

I lost my ability to focus, too. I used to be an avid reader, but I could not concentrate any longer than past a paragraph, and I couldn't retain what I'd read. That loss of focus affected more than just reading.

It's been just over four years, and I'm only now getting it back.

11/4/2013 1:20:14 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

charlietwoponie
Flat Rock, NC
67, joined Jan. 2010

heeheeheehee LL
and here I thought I was a little nuts but I have the TV or Pandora
on from the time I get up till I go to bed (at 4 in the morning )

Charlie T

11/9/2013 5:11:33 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

hugandakiss_xo
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,603)
Merritt, NC
62, joined Jul. 2011

Yes.... if I'm home I have something on tv.

I found out something new about myself last night. My husband died December 2008 and I've not been shopping by myself since then. I was so afraid I went to Sonic because I could stay in the car, where there was plenty of light. I think about the fear I felt and I cry. I feel so pathetic

11/10/2013 6:23:37 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

glinger31
Clymer, NY
35, joined Jan. 2013

I can't sleep without the tv on

11/18/2013 3:06:53 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
sharonipa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Coos Bay, OR
72, joined Mar. 2011

When my children were young, all four of them, my house was NOISY. Kids everywhere, my kids, neighbor kids, little cousins, just noisy all the time. The t.v. was always blaring. I would turn it off, and it was always turned right back on. Kids music from their rooms vibrating through the house . I cherish quiet. I like to think, and hear the wind and the birds...I like to be able to actually hear if there is a chimney fire or something is getting my chickens, and I love to read and be able to concentrate. I relish the quiet so much that I don't even listen to music because it is distracting. I guess I'm odd .

1/18/2014 4:29:35 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

gordyman
La Pine, OR
66, joined Nov. 2013

Yes, I do. lost my wife of 35 years in 2011 and my 33 yearolf Daughter july 2012..Gordy1

1/23/2014 3:36:32 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

4whln
Blue Bell, PA
45, joined Dec. 2012

Took 2yrs for t.v. not have to be on. Still see her sitting on the couch and this Saturday being her birthday just not the same.

1/24/2014 10:49:17 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
64, joined Dec. 2013

I have always kept the television on even when my family was young. I am alone now and find it a great outlet for me and a working tool educating me in wellness and keeping up with current events.Its nice to go out and be able to converse in general public on current events. Music also regulates the body and relieves stress. Its played on elevators to prevent panic and keep people from freaking out, Drums played marching to war. Hymns played in church for faith. I like VH1 hip hop music, keeps me young in mind and heart. I also like the videos and dance or stretch to the music.

1/27/2014 8:00:19 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
gent695
Bettendorf, IA
68, joined Nov. 2013

I keep the TV on mainly to catch the tainted news and watch a few selected programs. Otherwise, it is on mainly on for my two Shih Tzu's, which are loosing their eys sight. The noise appears to give them a sense of security since my spouse is no longer there when I have to go outside. Otherwise, "Silence is Golden", it gives you peaceful time to recap memories and make plans.

1/28/2014 11:31:06 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

yetskimama
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,057)
Walterboro, SC
66, joined Sep. 2011

:::
Quote from irishgirlohio:
My TV never gets turned off, I could not stand not to have the noise from it.

1/28/2014 3:16:04 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

youngwidow21
Poplar Bluff, MO
25, joined Jan. 2013

I use to hate sleeping with the lights and tv...since my husband passed i have to have the tv on.

1/31/2014 10:36:55 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

my2sunshine
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,637)
Pulaski, NY
51, joined Apr. 2013

When the TV isn't on then I turn on music.
Same reasons.
I don't like hearing the winds whispering, the snow crashing from the roof or the cars driving by. Gives me a little sense of peace.

2/2/2014 11:09:13 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
noteasy1
Spanaway, WA
76, joined Apr. 2011

first thing in the morning......the tvs in the front room and family room come on.
stay on most of the day......go to sleep with the surround sound on in the bedroom.
being ALONE is NOT fun !

4/4/2014 10:03:02 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

spoiledwidower
Hagerstown, MD
61, joined Jul. 2010

did that first couple years, now I find I prefer the house quite, rarely turn the tv on anymore... in fact it hasn't been on today

4/6/2014 9:19:04 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

yetskimama
Walterboro, SC
66, joined Sep. 2011

@lake 14 years later the TV stays on

4/6/2014 9:29:51 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

gdaddy47
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,373)
Columbia, TN
69, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from sharonipa:
When my children were young, all four of them, my house was NOISY. Kids everywhere, my kids, neighbor kids, little cousins, just noisy all the time. The t.v. was always blaring. I would turn it off, and it was always turned right back on. Kids music from their rooms vibrating through the house . I cherish quiet. I like to think, and hear the wind and the birds...I like to be able to actually hear if there is a chimney fire or something is getting my chickens, and I love to read and be able to concentrate. I relish the quiet so much that I don't even listen to music because it is distracting. I guess I'm odd .

You're not weird just a well adjusted person that sees things for what they are. It is what it is and we can choose to live a life of "poor poor me" or just simply live life. I love my quiet time which is most of the time at home. Get outside when you can and soak up the healing sunshine and listen to nature sounds. Look at shadow patterns, listen to the bees working away or hear the birds singing. There's more to widow(er)hood than depression.

4/8/2014 4:31:15 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
sharonipa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Coos Bay, OR
72, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from gdaddy47:
You're not weird just a well adjusted person that sees things for what they are. It is what it is and we can choose to live a life of "poor poor me" or just simply live life. I love my quiet time which is most of the time at home. Get outside when you can and soak up the healing sunshine and listen to nature sounds. Look at shadow patterns, listen to the bees working away or hear the birds singing. There's more to widow(er)hood than depression.

Well, I don't know how well adjusted I am....but thanks anyway Like all of us widows/ widowers my life was turned upside down, not just the loss of my husband, but also my daily routine changed, my finances changed...well, we all know how it is don't we?

I 'ACCEPT' that this is the way of life...we're born, we live, and then we die. I'm thankful for all of the wonderful years I had with my husband...more than many (45 years). I'm thankful that he had a full, happy life, his children were all well and he was able to see the Grand-children become adults...and there was LOTS of love. Many blessings to count, and I think that is the key....count our blessings rather than our losses. I know, easier said than done.
Anyway, I'm planning a camping trip (tent camping) with my brother in the next week or so. I'm packing up my painting gear and will hopefully get a few good paintings done...and some good food cooked over the campfire. It's funny, my brother likes to take this huge truck and trailer packed full , even his four-wheeler, and I try to go light with what I can fit in my backpack, but he likes to paint too, so it should be fun.
No T.V. , no radio...just the sound of the river, and the birds, and the crackling fire.

4/21/2014 11:08:23 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
flyfish777
Conyers, GA
51, joined Feb. 2014

one or both t vs are on since i lost wife of 23 years,,i dont know why,an i have my long tall fast cat,who is a god send an priceless, i sleep all over house,but not in our bed yet, in floor,in recliner with scooter,on floor while scooter uses me for a bed an is so funny, we are christian people,well i am,shes gone to heaven,an i feel like i allways have company,an i turn around to say somethin,an its only me an scooter an a vizio,an a sanyo flat screen tv,si play loud sreamin guitar,an then the quiet returns,i date a few times,,an not satisfied,when she was alive t v in bedrom was on allways when she or us both were there,a litle lite,a little sound, im a tall big tuff guy with a huge tender heart,an cant believe over 8 months later its only me,an family too busy,to call, right,,,,,,,or come around,only god cares,an the catis better than any family member am so sorry to say, am lookin briskly for a younger prettier mate,,seek an you shall find,an yes th one t v,or sometimes both are on, theres bever a time when both are off no way,, theres a warm presence of love here,gods love,an he only him brngs me to life,,i wanted to die deep black depression tried to take me, but heres t v,s here,an pretty young ladies all over from 40,s to early 50,s whatever,an i keep talkin to them,an was very afraid after she died,but he alone,an at an a few people help me,an t v is on,an one will stay on even if i leave,,maybe as noise for scooter,or i dont know why,,family has all but deserted me,,they like kids,an babies an teenagers,,an throw me away,,an i live,an get better every day,an god,an cat,an t v,an certain sweet ladies,,help me.................

4/25/2014 2:53:29 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

ch7
Laconia, NH
73, joined Dec. 2008

Hello to ALL.

I have gone through and read all of your replies to this,
and really, I don't see any problem with whatever one
chooses to do.

There is no right or wrong here.

I do think that Everyone copes in "their own way"
and again..."whatever works" for each individual.

I wish you All well. Do whatever you "need" to
do to get through the difficult times...what makes
You feel good.

C!

4/26/2014 10:15:12 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
talentedmom
Colton, CA
61, joined Oct. 2011

I do.

4/30/2014 10:39:57 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

imwaitin4romeo
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,378)
Shelbyville, IN
55, joined Oct. 2013

Yes I do, I sleep with mine on...

9/1/2014 10:36:47 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
clyde222
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,217)
Minooka, IL
53, joined Dec. 2012

Mine Is On All The Time

12/1/2014 2:22:23 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
phantomgirl795
Taswell, IN
33, joined Dec. 2011

First thing I would do when I came home was to turn on the tv and radio. I found the silence to be utterly painful. My husband used to always greet me when I came home and to not have that was unbearable. Even with all the noise there was no focus or real comfort. It was like I didn't want to be alone but at the same time I didn't want to see anyone. But in time I grew to be comfortable in my silence because I came to feel like he was still with me thus I was never truly alone. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes I find myself talking to him...lol. guess it is a comforts thing. Even though I am now more comfortable living alone there are still times that the loneliness sets in. Like you I had never lived alone until my husband passed away. Not only did I have to adjust to living alone but I still had to relocate to a new area where I did not know anyone as I was in the military. I understand and pray that you cope/ heal well. And just know that your love will always be near. Lots of love sent your way. Hugs.

12/1/2014 6:16:06 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
rainydaze26
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,626)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Nov. 2013

Haven't had any type of TV for over 10 yrs... silence is golden.

12/5/2014 12:44:25 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

matt1950
Saint Charles, MO
44, joined Apr. 2013

I put cartoons on when I go to work or if I leave

12/11/2014 5:31:46 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

urealysucklol
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,887)
San Benito, TX
45, joined Jul. 2014

I aint got no f**king tv

1/30/2015 2:21:23 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
ladiebugg55
Over 2,000 Posts (2,680)
Redding, CA
61, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from sunnydee7777:
Yes I turn on the TV and leave it on way too much. I find it comforting even though I am not watching it. I even fall asleep with it on.

So do I...can't stand the silence..

1/30/2015 1:28:44 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
KatfishHunter
Over 2,000 Posts (2,254)
Coos Bay, OR
62, joined Oct. 2014

I do not. I need to hear what is around me. I live off the grid in the Oregon Coast Mountains and there are bear and cougar in them thar hills.

2/1/2015 1:59:59 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
Ravenkat
Over 1,000 Posts (1,020)
Gilbert, AZ
63, joined Oct. 2014

When I first lost my husband, I kept the T.V. on all the time I was home, probably for the first 2 years. But now when I go to Sleep I like it off. I do find that I still like it on during the day at times, even if I am not watching it.

2/2/2015 7:00:01 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

yetskimama
Walterboro, SC
66, joined Sep. 2011

My world changed on April the 5th 2000 .The TV has been gone day and night since that day.Ken

[Edited 2/2/2015 7:03:56 AM ]

2/2/2015 10:09:08 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

artist820
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,463)
Tehachapi, CA
60, joined Jan. 2013

I never liked tv or commercials. It is off except when I put Netflix or Hulu on a specific program. I have enough freak'n voices in my head.

2/2/2015 3:07:09 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

bluecougareyes
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (27,737)
Chelan, WA
73, joined Nov. 2008

The sound of silence can be meditative and rewarding, clears the mind of all the useless chitter chatter and tweets and twits in the fast lane, free from the overload of a saturated world.

* Watch inspiration teachings from A Walk in Nature.

* Listen to the sacred forest and the soothing sounds of nature.

* Discover beautiful nature that you can
Immerse yourself in stillness. Become the Sky.

* Reflect on the gift of harmony with music.

2/4/2015 12:17:16 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

sunnydee7777
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,674)
Clermont, FL
67, joined Aug. 2011

Yes...

3/18/2015 3:39:31 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

budzbunny
Hermitage, TN
65, joined Feb. 2013

I do...

3/28/2015 3:24:21 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
zoozzz
AndalgaláAustralian Capital
Australia
34, joined Mar. 2015

I'm a quite guy so I like the peace, but now it's too quite without my wife

5/6/2015 12:53:53 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

happyladyme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,612)
Stephens City, VA
74, joined May. 2014

I sure do.

5/8/2015 11:01:00 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
mysterydrifter2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,263)
Denton, TX
98, joined Jan. 2012

Yeah, I do it too. Mainly for people's voices. But I DO select what is on! There is some crap I have NO interest in, then some shows we watched as a family that is too painful to listen to anymore....if that makes any sense. I do like watching Westerns for the old and simple way of life when we traveled by horseback in buggies! The camping, etc. Problem is, my heroes are all gone too!!!! So guess that leaves Surfing on the Computer when in the house?????

8/14/2015 4:43:14 AM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

share_n_love
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,859)
Fort Wayne, IN
61, joined Dec. 2012

I do...

8/14/2015 3:35:13 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
64, joined Dec. 2013

I'm not that lonely but I do like the white noise especially at night. Recently have been turning off the tv and using the radio more at night. I don't hear the gunfire and yelling and don't miss it.

8/18/2015 12:07:46 PM Who keeps the TV on so the house is not so quiet?  
Melmaxxx
Indianapolis, IN
50, joined Nov. 2014

I am the opposite...late Hubby had the tv on ALL THE TIME. I kept it on 24-7 those 3 days while he was in the hospital so it would be on when I came home to sleep. But after that, it is off most of the time. I kinda like the quiet these days, maybe because it's been almost 6 years now.