Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersnals

Back and forth conversations that take forever are a single of the most extensively cited factors customers have turn into flustered with messaging. south asian dating chicago It s the chance that you won t like them and that they won t like you. These queries come from a psychological study by Dr. zoosk how to block someone We are the dating internet site that consistently ensures safety and respect within our community.

what is rubmaps

The COVID 19 pandemic has highlighted the internet s value in helping us meet new persons, develop community, and discover our new passions or hobbies. idaho falls hook up Tinder, Hinge, Bumble and most other apps function on the principle of swiping on the basis of physical attractiveness. When you are attempting to get to know somebody new, you can only text what s up so several occasions. nostringsattached com legit Raya is best if you are hoping to spot a celebrity or want to network with other like minded creatives, but it can be complicated to get an invite to it.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/7/2013 4:31:19 PM Dating again, awkward??  

johnanthony1980
Hollywood, FL
37, joined Aug. 2013

Being recently divorced a few months, who thinks dating again is awkward or the friend hooking you up with someone... Ladies and gentlemen what are your thoughts?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/7/2013 5:54:46 PM Dating again, awkward??  
jstlooking2c
Stockton, CA
50, joined Dec. 2012

It's fun during spring,summer and fall. come winter= no dating

9/7/2013 6:09:17 PM Dating again, awkward??  

bier95
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,740)
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

I guess dating in the winter would depend on where you live. Here in Minnesota where I live it's about 6 months warm weather and 6 months cold. So it would be along winter for one not dating.

9/8/2013 12:03:59 AM Dating again, awkward??  

hp9009
Over 1,000 Posts (1,171)
Dalton, GA
45, joined Jun. 2013

yes dating is BS

9/9/2013 3:38:39 PM Dating again, awkward??  
theoctoberallie
Clinton, TN
48, joined Aug. 2013

sometimes I feel like I'm at a dead end. I hate trying to figure out what is right/wrong in dating these days. Just give me a piece of paper and let me write on it.... " Do you like me? Check Yes or No" or let's just play kiss tag and pull each other hair or something....I hate this dating crap!

9/12/2013 8:15:21 PM Dating again, awkward??  
areyouthatdumb
Santa Fe, NM
51, joined Aug. 2013

Someone told me dating should be exciting. You know what I said???? Not when you've heard all the bullshit. It sucks.

9/12/2013 9:33:57 PM Dating again, awkward??  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (279,166)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Nothing is achward ... if one doesn't make it so.

9/13/2013 4:25:49 PM Dating again, awkward??  
lookin4him2012
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,801)
Boone, NC
49, joined Jan. 2012

not awkward to me. I was dating within weeks of becoming separated.

9/14/2013 4:03:56 PM Dating again, awkward??  
060jaywhy788
San Antonio, TX
29, joined Jul. 2013

I was married for 7 1/2 years and recently divorced a few me this ago...it has been awkward...but supposedly it's for the best and makes things roll along a lot smoother

9/16/2013 7:58:58 AM Dating again, awkward??  

luckylibragal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,469)
Mesa, AZ
50, joined Oct. 2011

Not at all! I had 2 much younger men that were happy to "update" me!

9/17/2013 12:54:14 AM Dating again, awkward??  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,832)
Picher, OK
47, joined Sep. 2011

It is awkward especially when you've been in a long term relationship/marriage. You just have to go at your own pace and do not let anyone tell u how to feel or act (regarding dating). Good luck.

9/17/2013 3:13:57 AM Dating again, awkward??  
cavie59
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,121)
Enid, OK
58, joined Feb. 2010

I am finding that it is not so much awkward, as it is next to impossible to find a woman my age that will date midweek when I am off. They all want Friday or Saturday dates.

Oh well, at least I am saving money.

9/20/2013 6:58:13 PM Dating again, awkward??  

rey2140
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
Sullivan, OH
48, joined Sep. 2013

never done the blind date thing but dating in general is ok.

9/20/2013 7:00:23 PM Dating again, awkward??  
lookin4him2012
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,801)
Boone, NC
49, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from luckylibragal:Not at all! I had 2 much younger men that were happy to "update" me!

the younger men were fun! but they were the worst to date because they were players, liars, cheaters, users. ugh.

9/20/2013 9:53:22 PM Dating again, awkward??  

tborsey
Acworth, GA
39, joined Sep. 2011

Enjoy the new found freedom.

9/22/2013 10:51:34 AM Dating again, awkward??  
countrymomhere
Over 1,000 Posts (1,245)
Sparta, MI
38, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from areyouthatdumb:
Someone told me dating should be exciting. You know what I said???? Not when you've heard all the bullshit. It sucks.

Ive been single almost 6 yrs. Im not enjoying all this dating crap. Since when did dating become difficult?!

9/23/2013 1:32:27 AM Dating again, awkward??  
cavie59
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,121)
Enid, OK
58, joined Feb. 2010

Quote from countrymomhere:
Ive been single almost 6 yrs. Im not enjoying all this dating crap. Since when did dating become difficult?!

With the advent of the internet. Now people run background checks, credit checks, google maps to see where someone lives, google search to find the others internet foot print, you name it.

People are too paranoid to meet in person before finding out every thing there is to know about a person.

That is the biggest reason I gave up dating. NO TRUST from anyone.

12/6/2013 9:42:00 PM Dating again, awkward??  

johnanthony1980
Hollywood, FL
37, joined Aug. 2013

Dating has become harder when your older, it's interesting being with someone for a while and getting to be single again, sure you can do whatever and whomever you want, but there's an emptiness that a relationship fills. Oh well time to have fun to fill that void.

12/7/2013 3:02:38 AM Dating again, awkward??  

sharper170
Forest Park, GA
49, joined Jul. 2013

Within a week of my ex wife moving out there was another woman sleeping in my bed. What's awkward about it? You are now single, get on with your life! It will die down soon enough and then you will start truly enjoying being single and dating when you feel like it.

12/8/2013 8:12:32 AM Dating again, awkward??  

aladytoo
Over 2,000 Posts (2,746)
Monroe, WI
61, joined Apr. 2006

Dating again is awkward for sure. Married over 20 yrs, and single for 9.What a cultural shock of casual dating.Whew.I have no problem admitting my eithics,will always stay intact.I'm 50+ not tring to be 20.

[Edited 12/8/2013 8:14:23 AM ]

12/8/2013 9:34:34 AM Dating again, awkward??  
1svelte
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,447)
Chino Valley, AZ
39, joined Apr. 2010

I am loving it! I feel alive again! I have had 3 really good dates. Two with the same man, and the third date with a different man.

12/8/2013 1:16:02 PM Dating again, awkward??  
legaleye
Over 1,000 Posts (1,786)
Columbus, OH
65, joined Mar. 2008

Physically going on a date is pretty easy. Meeting people can be easy. Meeting the right people can be most difficult at times.

I live a very simple life, no real drama with friends, relatives, ex's, etc. I have very few things on my "must have" list in terms of a nice lady for a relationship. But I am also not a drinker, partier, etc. and live and prefer a more quiet life.

What I find over and over again with age appropriate people for me, i.e. women 50 and over, is they seem to come with more and more baggage and issues. I am sure a lot of men have the same stuff going on, but the lack of maturity, financial instability and family issues in the women I have met have been amazing. More so in how such things affect their simple ability to enjoy a date without massive interruptions, as an example.

12/8/2013 2:05:18 PM Dating again, awkward??  

aladytoo
Over 2,000 Posts (2,746)
Monroe, WI
61, joined Apr. 2006

Quote from legaleye:
Physically going on a date is pretty easy. Meeting people can be easy. Meeting the right people can be most difficult at times.

I live a very simple life, no real drama with friends, relatives, ex's, etc. I have very few things on my "must have" list in terms of a nice lady for a relationship. But I am also not a drinker, partier, etc. and live and prefer a more quiet life.

What I find over and over again with age appropriate people for me, i.e. women 50 and over, is they seem to come with more and more baggage and issues. I am sure a lot of men have the same stuff going on, but the lack of maturity, financial instability and family issues in the women I have met have been amazing. More so in how such things affect their simple ability to enjoy a date without massive interruptions, as an example.

I'm a woman over 50,not sure i'd claim I have baggage.I'm responsible with in my means for myself.Truly old school, to know when to say no.And giving enough,to have an open heart,with skills we have when someone needs a helping hand.
When going on a date,I have always said keep it light hearted full laughs,and part with a smile,it was a great date.Expect nothing more,and just maybe your hear the phone ring again.

12/11/2013 9:52:01 AM Dating again, awkward??  

perfectarmyguy
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,685)
Hays, KS
34, joined Mar. 2009

You'll be ok jenny

1/2/2014 3:09:30 PM Dating again, awkward??  

risitaaazul
Plant City, FL
38, joined May. 2013

Quote from countrymomhere:

This!...... so many stupid rules! I don't like it!!! Lol

1/3/2014 10:26:08 AM Dating again, awkward??  

tyler74171
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,754)
Mauldin, SC
43, joined Jul. 2013

The more aware of the world you become the more implied rules there are. I had the same issues. Dating in my 30s was so different than in my 20s.

But I find that water always finds its level.

1/4/2014 4:54:03 AM Dating again, awkward??  

truckdriver007
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,294)
Bowling Green, KY
59, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from risitaaazul:
This!...... so many stupid rules! I don't like it!!! Lol

Rules, yall got rules? Why did no one ever give us men the rule book ? No wonder dating sucks now, I just can't believe that there are rules, no one said a word but I did feel that I was missing something and now I know.

Seriously, I am dating more now that I did when I was young. I am also getting turned down more. Why, I don't know but it seems some women don't like me, ahhh but some women do so it all is good. Just enjoy life and know that you cannot make everyone happy and you shouldn't even worry about making everyone happy but worry about making yourself happy.

1/4/2014 11:27:46 PM Dating again, awkward??  

risitaaazul
Plant City, FL
38, joined May. 2013

Quote from truckdriver007:
Rules, yall got rules? Why did no one ever give us men the rule book ? No wonder dating sucks now, I just can't believe that there are rules, no one said a word but I did feel that I was missing something and now I know.

Seriously, I am dating more now that I did when I was young. I am also getting turned down more. Why, I don't know but it seems some women don't like me, ahhh but some women do so it all is good. Just enjoy life and know that you cannot make everyone happy and you shouldn't even worry about making everyone happy but worry about making yourself happy.

Good for you... Well not the same for everyone though. I'm not into dating just to date. I was married for 10 years and after my separation i had to work twice as hard to make it alone with my two kids. That was and is my main focus. 6 years single now and want to date, but from what i see out there, I'm very discouraged ....that's just me

1/7/2014 8:20:04 AM Dating again, awkward??  

vrgsayshi
Over 1,000 Posts (1,576)
Denver, CO
38, joined Apr. 2013

Dating is beyond awkward..I was married for fourteen years..I've been single a year now..i've never lived a promiscuous lifestyle..I don't want to live a promiscuous lifestyle..but todays dating its like one date and these new men expect sex..try to fondle and stick there tongue down my throat..i'm not a prude but I respect myself and my body..i'm told that I should then only date religious men cuz they don't think sex right away..but I myself am not religious so that makes no sense lol..dating is beyond awkward

1/7/2014 5:29:31 PM Dating again, awkward??  

risitaaazul
Plant City, FL
38, joined May. 2013

Quote from vrgsayshi:
Dating is beyond awkward..I was married for fourteen years..I've been single a year now..i've never lived a promiscuous lifestyle..I don't want to live a promiscuous lifestyle..but todays dating its like one date and these new men expect sex..try to fondle and stick there tongue down my throat..i'm not a prude but I respect myself and my body..i'm told that I should then only date religious men cuz they don't think sex right away..but I myself am not religious so that makes no sense lol..dating is beyond awkward

Exactly how i feel

1/7/2014 6:06:40 PM Dating again, awkward??  

2wheeledrider
Live Oak, FL
53, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from vrgsayshi:

Not every man is like that. Some of us on here do have manners and can relate to the same thing going on. Some of us actually do want a relationship that are on here.
But then again, I can only speak for my self. When other guy's do that , it ruins it for someone that is genuine. Don't give up , and stick to your guns on finding a man with respect, and him having the decency in not being the way you described. Relationships are more than just sex , but some out there just dont care. Try dating single parent men,, and see if that works out better. Just a suggestion.

2/6/2014 12:18:19 AM Dating again, awkward??  
smokincigars
Covington, TN
68, joined Oct. 2011

Dating can be awkward, intimidating and sometimes downright scary.

But once you get past all that, dating can be exciting, invigorating, great fun, and sometimes the beginning of something wonderful.

2/9/2014 2:52:59 PM Dating again, awkward??  

countryboy4279
Brighton, CO
38, joined Oct. 2013

I have mixed feelings about dating right now. I'm very lonely. I miss the companionship, and I definitely miss the sex. But actually meeting someone and trying to start a new relationship is very hard to do.

The "getting to know you" phase should be exciting, but it really isn't. I have a very hard time trusting and connecting with someone again. I find that I'm very self conscious because I'm not in the shape I was in a decade ago, when I met my ex. Also, I have a daughter, and I don't want a new relationship to take away from my relationship with her.

3/22/2014 8:52:59 AM Dating again, awkward??  

purplerider1200
South Bend, IN
61, joined Aug. 2011

Very. I've been out of the loop on dating for so long, that I don't pick up the cues women put out. Heck, I'm just learning to look for rings on the left hand. All of my friends are married, and won't attempt to introduce me to other single women. I rather suspect that some women judge me as a player, by looking at me. Gee, I'm sorry that I'm 58, and am still the same size that I was when I was in high school. Then, as now, genuine, honest, hardworking guys that aren't spontainious and outgoing, have a pretty rough time of dating.

3/27/2014 6:09:36 PM Dating again, awkward??  
wk1965
Over 2,000 Posts (2,958)
Suwanee, GA
51, joined Aug. 2013

Awkward, but not bad... I enjoy meeting people so I just go at it like meeting someone new...Both will know if it is worth a kiss or two oooooorrrrrr.....Keep it fun and don't go into a date as a hookup or love....Just enjoy the company and have great conversation with someone probably in the same boat as you...

5/7/2014 5:09:26 AM Dating again, awkward??  

sleak61
Burlington, IA
56, joined Jan. 2012

But with the ladies it's easier. Now you take a thirty year old women and even though. I look younger than what I am you tell them or your profile says your fifty and over that will be as far as that g
oes

6/19/2014 12:37:32 AM Dating again, awkward??  

gostrider2020
Bellows Falls, VT
59, joined Aug. 2011

so many sites online I don't go to bars I out grown that . don't know were to look or go to find that special someone been tough .any help !gostrider 2020

6/21/2014 7:46:34 PM Dating again, awkward??  

aladytoo
Over 2,000 Posts (2,746)
Monroe, WI
61, joined Apr. 2006

I think finding a date is hard,but one that you'd like to have a relationship with is worse.

Never been a FWB seems many call that a date. And hooking up is not a date

7/27/2014 12:10:03 AM Dating again, awkward??  

bella_luce
Over 1,000 Posts (1,962)
Bartonsville, PA
46, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from areyouthatdumb:

I say this all the time! Dating is not fun.

7/27/2014 4:53:47 PM Dating again, awkward??  

larena40
Over 1,000 Posts (1,945)
Phoenix, AZ
45, joined Jan. 2014

It's new. I'll just say that.

7/29/2014 10:03:37 PM Dating again, awkward??  

bpeters123
Crest Hill, IL
53, joined May. 2014

Nah, had no problem, its sort like getting back up on your bike after having fallen.

7/30/2014 10:00:48 AM Dating again, awkward??  

raven5401
Houston, TX
51, joined Jan. 2010

Yes it's hard, getting in the dating scene, but I can't say I haven't tried , met a few, and have been graced by their company , but I still haven't been able to get the woman I met here, I adore her, but damn job gets in the way.... I've upset her, and got dropped, only human....

7/30/2014 7:27:57 PM Dating again, awkward??  

fishnthec
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (31,448)
Mesquite, TX
66, joined Oct. 2010

Dating is not awkward. I think I am the one that's awkward. Problem is, I can't find my awkward match!

8/24/2014 12:37:45 AM Dating again, awkward??  

bella_luce
Over 1,000 Posts (1,962)
Bartonsville, PA
46, joined Feb. 2014

Definitely awkward and hard to trust.

8/24/2014 8:28:06 AM Dating again, awkward??  

purplerider1200
South Bend, IN
61, joined Aug. 2011

File it under impossible to do. Unless you're well connected, and can blow off rejection like used toilet paper. I really think that most women stay home to wash their cat, than to take a chance at finding a date. Tracking down a venue that you feel comfortable in, that has single women your age can be a real challenge.(Unless you're an avid church goer, which I'm not) If it's a random event, then you stand a fair chance of finding a hardline supporter of the event. You then find yourself having to support the cause more than you really wanted to. That is, if you can get her pried away from her friends, or family, for a period of 5 minutes. Then pencil in how many players she has been involved with. (Or, is one herself) Dating is a bad deal all the way around.

8/24/2014 11:56:54 AM Dating again, awkward??  
sweet_knees
El Paso, TX
54, joined Aug. 2014

it's usually fun, but can be awkward. The last guy I dated from dh seemed awesome til we met, then I found out he spoke like Elmer Fudd but with a Mexican accent. I couldn't get past it, I spent the hour kicking myself for not talking on the phone with him first (lesson learned!)

9/23/2014 8:51:26 PM Dating again, awkward??  
rhetty24
Over 2,000 Posts (3,499)
Virginia Beach, VA
43, joined Aug. 2014

More awkward the older you are andhhemore kids you have!

9/29/2014 9:25:45 PM Dating again, awkward??  
letisha1989
Des Moines, IA
28, joined Jul. 2014

I'm trying to date but having no luck so far besides it'll definitely be awkward for me since I've only been with 1 man and that was my ex husband how for 9 yrs. How do u get yourself back out there when you've never really been out there in the first place?

10/3/2014 11:49:19 AM Dating again, awkward??  

freddiemdr
Marina del Rey, CA
48, joined Dec. 2013

It's not awkward, just be yourself and when you meet someone, treat them as if you're not on a date, but just enjoying each others company.

10/4/2014 9:18:34 AM Dating again, awkward??  
mmilms
Collinsville, IL
40, joined Feb. 2014

lol..I hear you there. There seems to be a whole new set of rules. I haven't quite figured it all out yet.

10/4/2014 10:52:36 AM Dating again, awkward??  

purplerider1200
South Bend, IN
61, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from mmilms:
lol..I hear you there. There seems to be a whole new set of rules. I haven't quite figured it all out yet.

Yup, it has. Now, I'm considered an old fart. Be 25 years out of the loop, and it's almost not worth it.

10/4/2014 11:20:42 AM Dating again, awkward??  

bier95
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,740)
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

Try dating at 63 and 40 years out of the loop

10/4/2014 11:44:31 PM Dating again, awkward??  
mmilms
Collinsville, IL
40, joined Feb. 2014

That is true. I get asked a lot.How many baby daddies do you have? When I tell them one. They seem shocked...lol.

11/1/2014 1:23:17 AM Dating again, awkward??  

starrgazer70
Beaumont, CA
47, joined Sep. 2014

I've noticed Dating isn't like it once was I almost feel like I should post a dating resume lol different for sure

11/12/2014 6:28:10 PM Dating again, awkward??  

lostinmorton
Onalaska, WA
52, joined Sep. 2014

Things have changed since I dated. Was with the same women for 24 years and now dating a lady is totally different.

11/13/2014 1:38:03 AM Dating again, awkward??  

curiousme868
Mayfield, KY
37, joined Jul. 2013

I am going through same thing...married for 10 years now going through divirce and got to start all over with just my two kiddos...he has already moved on dating, talking to, seeing other women and partying....and well I dunno if I even want to and things are going to be so much harder and I don't even want to think about it but I'm just weird I guess I can't just or maybe just don't want to go all out partying and hell I'm not even remotely interested in anybody......

11/13/2014 5:58:57 AM Dating again, awkward??  

lostinmorton
Onalaska, WA
52, joined Sep. 2014

Yes it is weird to start all over, but I think you wont have a problem getting on with your life. Just takes time I guess to get used to this new age of dating.

11/13/2014 10:48:16 PM Dating again, awkward??  

countrytime50
Stanford, KY
53, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from curiousme868:
I am going through same thing...married for 10 years now going through divirce and got to start all over with just my two kiddos...he has already moved on dating, talking to, seeing other women and partying....and well I dunno if I even want to and things are going to be so much harder and I don't even want to think about it but I'm just weird I guess I can't just or maybe just don't want to go all out partying and hell I'm not even remotely interested in anybody......

Nothing wrong with that. Take some time to heal. Getting your feet back under you. Enjoy your children growing up. It does really go by to fast believe me. You'll know when you are ready.
The world tells you get back out there! Get even! Show him up! Listen to your heart. Only you know how you feel.

11/14/2014 1:23:02 PM Dating again, awkward??  
mboots31
Albion, NE
35, joined Jun. 2014

I've only been on one date since being divorced. It is not easy at all. If I go to the bar seems like I look for the price tag. How much is this one gonna cost?
It is not the same last time I was single I was 20 and back then it was alot easier. No kids no responsibilities no worries.

12/21/2014 9:20:43 PM Dating again, awkward??  

trk182
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (37,382)
Jeffersonville, IN
48, joined Feb. 2012

....awkward. very ,very awkward.
I do not really think I am cut out for dating. I do not really know how to date, I do not understand the rules
(Where do I get the rulebook? Lol).
I am really lost in this world.