Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personsls

We strictly monitor all profiles & you can block anybody you don t want to talk to. hector dating So, do not waste the time and start off chatting on line with folks click to make new buddies and meet males and ladies of all age groups, all yesichat just internet site a guest. Geo sharding, which means sharding data by geographical place to distribute the workload across numerous servers. speed dating advanced degrees nyc There are also internet sites for individuals with specific healthcare wants.

do any hookup sites really work

If you can get more than the concept of sharing even much more of your life with Facebook, Facebook Dating is a strong decision that takes great advantage of its massive ecosystem. girls in canton ohio In the previous, it really is really hard for a man/woman to obtain somebody. Jonas enjoys writing articles ranging from severe subjects like politics and social concerns to more lighthearted factors like art, pop culture, and nature. rubratings ny Do you have a person in your life that is complicated to be about? These kinds of people today can make you feel stressed, angry, overwhelmed, and even crazy at times.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/29/2013 7:20:20 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

ladydarkmoon
Sulphur, OK
43, joined Sep. 2013

I was married for 16 years lost him to cancer.hes been gone for 4years now. Ive dated some but all I want is a good guy to treat me right. It seems impossible im ready for a commited relationship. Just cant find the right guy.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/30/2013 12:21:15 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

vida60
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,627)
Norman, OK
56, joined Jul. 2012

Don't get in a rush, stop looking, the right guy will find you, you just have to put yourself out there, in the right situations, join some clubs, a gym, a group activity, be aware of the guys intentions due to the fact that there are a lot of scammers that loves to prey on widows/widowers, if you are ready for a relationship, that's great, of course you will never forget the love between you and your late hubby, and that's okay, feel good about yourself, know that you are worth a very good man, don't just settle for whoever may jump at you first.

Good luck in your ventures and God Bless...

10/1/2013 10:39:06 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,267)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

When you compare the NEXT to what you had previously -- then you, apparently, didn't have the best -- just one of the rest.

10/1/2013 11:50:10 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

miss_mistylight
Franklin, GA
54, joined Sep. 2013

best of luck

10/1/2013 5:54:32 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

ladydarkmoon
Sulphur, OK
43, joined Sep. 2013

Thank you for all the advicei needed that

10/5/2013 10:33:36 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
nuhsworld
Over 2,000 Posts (3,567)
Brooklyn, NY
26, joined Jun. 2012

It's possible, yes. I wouldn't look, just let him find you.

10/5/2013 7:14:32 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

meetme28269
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Mooresville, NC
71, joined Apr. 2011

Possibly you are not ready to date yet.
Perhaps you have your deceased spouse on a pedestal and are comparing new men in your life to him.
Was your spouse one that never made a mistake? In other words was he human?
Perhaps you don't have him in perspective so your scales are skewed.

10/8/2013 9:01:02 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

primatx
Spring, TX
61, joined May. 2012

It's 2 year today since I lost my husband, the sweetest man I ever knew. I haven't dated yet but when I browse profiles, I don't intentionally look for the same type of man as him, but sometimes there is something in someone's eyes or a certain smile or the way they are standing in their pic that reminds me of him. I'd like to think I'm being objective when I message someone and say hello, but who knows.

10/13/2013 9:59:53 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

icucnmenow1
Owens Cross Roads, AL
61, joined Oct. 2012

It seems you might still be grieving some. It will be 7 years this week for me and I have yet to find a man that really understands the loss of a spouse. I have looked and had relationships but ,I have found the men don't want a real and loving relationship . One that will complete each other like we had before. They say they want a relationship but really only sex and never want to introduce you to there friends or family which are very important to me. I think I am attractive have a kind and generous heart and love the wanting to give him what he needs sexually but it never seems to work out. I still cherish what I had with my husband but would never compare him to a new love. I hope you find peace and the happiness you deserve.

10/15/2013 7:36:44 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

mr_crash
Corpus Christi, TX
49, joined Oct. 2013

I think the people in this group make up the best.
This group is made up of people who are not single because they are cheaters, beaters, a** holes and b*tches. We are people who lived up to the vow of till death do us part.
If others can not see the value in that well the hell with them. I am content to wait.
We lived our life together with one moto "have fun life is short" wish I had known how short would have had more fun and less stress over the small things. The next time if there is one i will be a little more understanding and less hung up on small things that in the end don't matter.

10/16/2013 5:53:38 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
d_voted
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,160)
Winnipeg, MB
64, joined Sep. 2008

Quote from mr_crash:
This group is made up of people who are not single because they are cheaters, beaters, a** holes and b*tches. We are people who lived up to the vow of till death do us part.
If others can not see the value in that well the hell with them. I am content to wait.
We lived our life together with one moto "have fun life is short" wish I had known how short would have had more fun and less stress over the small things. The next time if there is one i will be a little more understanding and less hung up on small things that in the end don't matter.

Great observation sir.

Alas it took me a while to figure out I was an ass.

Striving for something more healthy.

D

10/17/2013 1:50:22 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

mr_crash
Corpus Christi, TX
49, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from d_voted:
Great observation sir.

Alas it took me a while to figure out I was an ass.

Striving for something more healthy.

D

My point was not that you were an a** but you might have been on the reviving end of a bad relation ship.

10/27/2013 12:23:53 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
oldlady4oldman
Tacoma, WA
98, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from mr_crash:

WOW
You are pretty smart for someone so young.
Demonstrating a faithfulness to a vow IS important, which is why I put widowers ahead of others.
Love is what you DO, not what you just say, (or feel) in my book.

11/7/2013 11:47:56 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
talentedmom
Colton, CA
61, joined Oct. 2011

I don't think so. Things are so different now. The meeting room is now the bedroom and men don't want a stable committed relationship. They want to see how many females they can bed before they die. Sad.
Keep praying for that one who doesn’t fear breaking the norm and wants to be loved and cherished.

11/8/2013 11:39:53 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,992)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

If you "had the best", then I guess all other men would not come up to your standards, so,

11/8/2013 12:46:19 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
barb61270
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,955)
De Witt, IA
64, joined Nov. 2011

Quote from luckylouie42:
If you "had the best", then I guess all other men would not come up to your standards, so,

so true

11/13/2013 5:23:28 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

softltouch
Denver, CO
48, joined Sep. 2013

I share your pain. This is so ridiculous man it is hard to even keep considering that there are guys out there that want a serious relationship for any reason

11/14/2013 8:11:06 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
lis629
Dickinson, TX
54, joined Aug. 2013

I lost my husband over 3 1/2 years ago...we are single but not by choice. The one thing we all have in common is we are not afraid of commitment...but we know what is involved to make that commitment. So that makes us a little more careful with hearts . Good luck guys, have fun and be safe!)

11/14/2013 11:27:26 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
fairysparkles
Over 1,000 Posts (1,260)
Pickens, SC
51, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from mr_crash:

This was the best thing I have read in a while, Those little things were some of the things that you miss the most, I know for me they are!

11/14/2013 4:01:27 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

bigpapas23
Kalamazoo, MI
51, joined Oct. 2013

I think that u are not going to find a person that u had,but u got to find whats inside of the next person that going to make u happy

11/15/2013 8:42:03 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
mybestshot
Greenbrier, TN
67, joined Jun. 2010

Do you think you can have more then one great love in your life? Maybe we are only entitled to one. I know you can love more than one person but I'm talking about a love that is unconditional..a true partnership. Personally I don't want to be alone the rest of my life but I don't want to settle. Love is caring about another person so much that you think of him or her first. If both parties do that, you both get all you need out of the relationship. When you hit the rough patches it is mostly because one or both of you are thinking only of yourself..that's what gets you in trouble. I want to believe...yes you can find another person to be happy with.

11/29/2013 12:23:07 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
shaggyoledog
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (37,913)
Ocean Shores, WA
69, joined Apr. 2011

There were good times and bad times
Some highs and some lows
Neither so perfect, GOD only knows

After seaching the world over
I finally found love
But gone way too soon, no trumpets, no doves

Our time was cut short
I'll not try to compare
What we had together, was certainly rare

There were never 'I do's'
But the ring on her finger
Meant we were hitched, hook line or sinker

11/30/2013 12:29:50 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
shaggyoledog
Ocean Shores, WA
69, joined Apr. 2011

I guess you could say, that I've been lucky
And I'd have to say, that's because of you
Who knew sooner would be so much sooner
And that our later would never come.......................I miss you

[Edited 11/30/2013 12:31:12 PM ]

11/30/2013 1:22:55 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
monalisa9
Chambersburg, PA
51, joined Jan. 2013

I lost my husband a little over 2 years ago. He was a wonderful man. But I think would he want me to be miserable and alone the rest of my life? Mourning something that can never be again. Think about what your lost loved one would want for you. I'm sure it would be happiness.

12/4/2013 2:50:22 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
shaggyoledog
Ocean Shores, WA
69, joined Apr. 2011

2/10/2014 10:47:22 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

spoiledwidower
Hagerstown, MD
61, joined Jul. 2010

have the same question about women.. so far my answer has been no.

2/13/2014 3:14:32 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
venus336
Oxford, CT
67, joined Jan. 2014

I chide myself sometimes, thinking that I'm just too picky. It's not that either of us was perfect. When we were young, there were times we both wondered if we would make it. But we were committed, and we loved each other. When you have a lifetime working at something that is such a high priority, you make it a thing of exquisite beauty. The diamond that is your life together gets polished to such a degree that it delights not only you two, but those around you as well. How do you do that again? It took a lifetime! My only hope is to find someone who lived a similar life. This is why I could not consider dating younger(that is MUCH younger) men. After 5 years, I am feeling whole again, but I can never settle for a mediocre relationship.

2/13/2014 5:46:02 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

gdaddy47
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,373)
Columbia, TN
69, joined Sep. 2009

If you think you're late husband was great and no one measures up then you'll never find one. No one will ever be like him. Most likely you're doomed to loneliness if you keep that outlook. We tend to put our late spouses on a pedestal(which is the norm) and it stands in the way of having a relationship.

2/14/2014 3:08:41 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
teddygreene
Show Low, AZ
56, joined Dec. 2013

Was married for over 20yrs.by her side for a year while she was in a coma. It has been very very hard since my wife passed two yrs ago. I know why i am writing this right now. I need support from others thathave been thru similar. I ask where are the good woman?we all are here. It just takes finding each other.

2/26/2014 3:05:58 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
tasgosa
Over 2,000 Posts (3,818)
Knob Noster, MO
62, joined Jul. 2013

15-1/2 yrs.....

I made her a Promise...to find a New Love...that I can love as much...and as well...as I loved Her..!!!

I'm going to continue Trying...
But it doesn't get any Easier....year after year..!!!

2/26/2014 7:54:02 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
edwardskc5qyn
Conroe, TX
54, joined Feb. 2013

I know what you mean. Mine has been gone for 3 years and it's hard to find the right one again. I want to be able to have the feeling again, but the guys I've seen don't seem to match up to what I had.

2/28/2014 12:07:34 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
swtsimple
Midlothian, IL
49, joined Feb. 2014

I understand its off topic but is there any other parents out there whos in same boat as me. Or am i tugging along alone aimlessly. My son shouldn't of died, he was only 17. His entire life ahead of him. I love you christopher! Love, mom.

3/19/2014 6:04:54 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

txlady2476
Waco, TX
58, joined Feb. 2014

Tomorrow marks 7yrs for the loss of my husband. I believe each person is unique in there own way. It has taken me some time to realize that men are not all the same. And the man that I had in my life for nearly thirty yrs was a very special man.

I have an open heart to have that kind of love again. But its in Gods hands

If things are ment to be they will be.

3/21/2014 7:14:38 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

1234purplehaze
Ville Platte, LA
58, joined Feb. 2014

it very hard to find anotehr to whom you will click with--dont be in a hurry-
time will take care of it---ask GOD to send you another--be patient though-

3/21/2014 11:30:26 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,992)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

I doubt if there is such a thing as a great man, or woman, I know I am not, think back those of you who were married several years, you went thru many pleasant, and unpleasant experiences with your mate. probably will be the same with the next one. so don't expect mr. or mrs. perfect, because I don't think they exist. only human beings.

3/22/2014 8:23:32 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

my2sunshine
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,637)
Pulaski, NY
51, joined Apr. 2013

After many dates with bitter divorced men, a wise friend said to me that I was dating in the wrong group. Divorced and never married men choose to be divorced and never married. They are not likely to ever measure up for you. Their conversations will be negative about the women in their past. Their futures will be in response to the negativity they are living. He was right.

Dating a widowed man was what I needed. Someone who had been married a long time and went through similar emotions. One who didn't choose to be single and wanted the commitment of a relationship. One who knew how to love and understand. One who can appreciate positive comments about my children's father and not have an issue. One who can see his picture on the wall and not say you need to take that down. One that wants you to meet the family and be part of your family. One that knows just what to say to make you feel again.

This all comes natural from people who were married and lost their spouse ...

3/31/2014 1:17:49 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

yetskimama
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,057)
Walterboro, SC
66, joined Sep. 2011

No.

3/31/2014 8:34:33 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
older_rh_sc
Rock Hill, SC
55, joined Dec. 2012

Yes

7/4/2014 8:31:21 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
daisy_so_hood
Phoenix, AZ
41, joined Mar. 2014

Quote from luckylouie42:

Very true, hard to find a good man when you know he was the love of your life. That he cld do no wrong, and that he always said the right things to you. And he was the most gorgeous man on earth. Plus his mom will agree with me on all of this...lol. But, I can still hope and try...right?

7/5/2014 4:22:47 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

bunnyfastard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,421)
Fort Morgan, CO
58, joined Jun. 2008

Not with a closed mind.

7/6/2014 11:50:21 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
myrasbubble
Festus, MO
48, joined May. 2014

I have an open mind and a big heart.
It just seems I have been out of the loop for so long not sure how to get back in.

7/9/2014 1:16:16 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
widowedand61
Deltona, FL
64, joined May. 2014

No if you are looking to replace him. We can not replace a loved one we lost. My be the next man in your life will be the best if you let him and not compare him to the one you lost.
There is no way I want to replace my wife with someone like her.
Good luck finding your next best.

7/16/2014 7:55:12 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

yetskimama
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,057)
Walterboro, SC
66, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from widowedand61:
No if you are looking to replace him. We can not replace a loved one we lost. My be the next man in your life will be the best if you let him and not compare him to the one you lost.
There is no way I want to replace my wife with someone like her.
Good luck finding your next best.
Wishing you the Best

7/16/2014 3:47:03 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

sunnydee7777
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,674)
Clermont, FL
67, joined Aug. 2011

Wishing the best to everyone here

Sunshine & Happiness to all

7/26/2014 9:07:38 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

peachy1954
Over 2,000 Posts (2,491)
Sacramento, CA
63, joined Oct. 2010

I think that mind set will probably doom you .

I was married to a great guy, thankfully, but I try to keep it forward in my mind that what was best for me then is maybe not exactly what is best for me now.

Will there be some basic traits in common? Yea sure my choices are not totally trashed just because I was widowed but I don't want a duplicate in my future. Anymore than I want to be that for someone else.

It is not betraying a former spouse to say they were not perfect or that your needs change as life moves forward.

7/31/2014 9:30:39 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
chellenm
Forest City, NC
39, joined May. 2014

Damn,this is so true. thanks for putting into words how I feel in my heart since I lost my husband he was only 36 and all the things we stressed about don't even matter now. I know he's still Close. R.I.P Michael Marks,you were loved.

8/1/2014 1:36:52 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
marlotho
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Aug. 2012

you know one of the worse things is the men don't want you to talk about your late husband.
I was married for 33 years had 3 kids and 4 grand kids to him. everything I did I did with him. Men talk about their ex wives but heaven forbid if I mention Tom. If I hear "your still healing" one more time I am going to take the frying pan and hit someone over the head with it. I Face the facts he is gone I have to move on to do that I need another love in my life.

8/1/2014 12:11:55 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
103tl1
Nesbit, MS
67, joined Jul. 2011

I have found that those who have not experienced loss of their spouse do not understand. We did not choose to be single, we did not fall out of love. When someone tells me to "get over it" I find it easier to get over them. To know me is to understand what made me who I am. I will accept the loss of my loved one but I will never forget.

8/2/2014 12:55:43 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

sunnydee7777
Clermont, FL
67, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from 103tl1:
I have found that those who have not experienced loss of their spouse do not understand. We did not choose to be single, we did not fall out of love. When someone tells me to "get over it" I find it easier to get over them. To know me is to understand what made me who I am. I will accept the loss of my loved one but I will never forget.

I find this is so true, thanks 103

Especially the part...understanding they helped you to become who you are and we can accept but will never forget.

I will never "get over" it but I will get through it

8/2/2014 10:11:12 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
tasgosa
Over 2,000 Posts (3,818)
Knob Noster, MO
62, joined Jul. 2013

It CAN be done....but Difficult to find someone Compatible...AND...Close enough to make
it Plausible to Meet..!!
MY biggest ~Peeve~ is that most women put up a *Wall* ...and ANYone Outside it just doesn't Qualify...
No Matter how _Perfect_ the match -MAY- be...!!!

I would've been ~Off-The-Market~...YEARS Ago...if not for the
%#@&)(!! "Distance-Factor"!!

You Can't find another ~Great One~....IF...you won't Discuss the Potential...
...at least a Little-Bit..!!!

8/4/2014 2:01:23 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
lookin4him2012
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,801)
Boone, NC
49, joined Jan. 2012

I know this is an old thread but I agree with others on not rushing it and just wait on love to find you, if that makes sense. You may be looking for someone to fit the bill of who your husband was and that won't work. You will have to be ready and willing to accept someone totally new and different and that may take some time.

8/7/2014 2:26:50 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
tasgosa
Over 2,000 Posts (3,818)
Knob Noster, MO
62, joined Jul. 2013

ThereAreSomeGoodOnesStillAvailable!!

8/9/2014 2:25:21 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
billyytt
Dearborn, MI
45, joined Jul. 2014

I lost my wife a year and half ago. We were together22 years. I miss her very much. And will always love her. We were a great couple and we still weren't perfect. We were getting there each and every day. And I don't think you find perfection you both make perfection. At some point you have to take a chance because you took the chance when you first met your husband. I'm not saying it's easy because I still have problems with my wife being gone . My wife would have wanted me to be happy and just being through what we all have one thing we all know is life's too short... hugs to you all....Billy

8/9/2014 5:54:37 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

sunnydee7777
Clermont, FL
67, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from billyytt:
I lost my wife a year and half ago. We were together22 years. I miss her very much. And will always love her. We were a great couple and we still weren't perfect. We were getting there each and every day. And I don't think you find perfection you both make perfection. At some point you have to take a chance because you took the chance when you first met your husband. I'm not saying it's easy because I still have problems with my wife being gone . My wife would have wanted me to be happy and just being through what we all have one thing we all know is life's too short... hugs to you all....Billy

I am so sorry for your loss Billy. But you are among friends here. Wishing you the best

8/16/2014 7:43:14 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

yuhaszb
Indiana, PA
45, joined May. 2014

Quote from shaggyoledog:
There were good times and bad times
Some highs and some lows
Neither so perfect, GOD only knows

After seaching the world over
I finally found love
But gone way too soon, no trumpets, no doves

Our time was cut short
I'll not try to compare
What we had together, was certainly rare

There were never 'I do's'
But the ring on her finger
Meant we were hitched, hook line or sinker

This is very nice

8/16/2014 7:52:45 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  

yuhaszb
Indiana, PA
45, joined May. 2014

I lost my husband 7 years ago to cancer. It is time to start a new chapter in my life. I know that I will never forget all the things that we have been through together nor would I want to there were many great memories. but now it is time to make some new memories with someone else that will appreciate and cherish for the person that I am. and I will appreciate and cheris the person that they are. I am not looking for someone like my husband because everyone is different. We are all treasures that GOD made in his image and we are blessed to have known a special love that only a husband and a wife share.

We will always our precious that God gave us to love, honor and cherish til death do us part

8/16/2014 11:18:49 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,267)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Yes ... God made many wonderful men ---what you need to do OP is realize that you are hurting your own chances by staying in denial..........and making comparisons certainly isn't going to help you any, either. j/s

8/23/2014 11:58:41 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
marlotho
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from 103tl1:

My husband and I were married for 33 years before he died.
I was with a friend (only a friend) tonight he was talking about his ex-wife this and ex-wife that but when I said something about my late husband he said that's enough talk about him.
I did meet a man on DH the 1st man that said how do people expect you to talk about yourself with out talking about him, 33 years is a long time you spent more than 1/2 of your life with him. I am already falling in love with this man

8/24/2014 12:12:16 AM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
marlotho
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from monalisa9:
I lost my husband a little over 2 years ago. He was a wonderful man. But I think would he want me to be miserable and alone the rest of my life? Mourning something that can never be again. Think about what your lost loved one would want for you. I'm sure it would be happiness.

The day my husband died(cancer) he held me in his arms and said " You are beautiful and special you can have any man you want do not settle for less than you deserve" He wanted me to find another love not to be lonely.

9/27/2014 6:46:11 PM Can you find a great man after having the best?  
maviebaby400
Salt Lake City, UT
54, joined Mar. 2014

Its called being patient. I lost my husband 3 years ago to cancer.