Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best gay dating apps not for hookups

This question could extremely nicely be the epitome of funny on line dating concerns. michigan chat rooms People only have a specific quantity of financial runway they can survive on though they re exploring a company. He had straight away suggested dinner at his perhaps a red flag? The stroll was going nicely and I truly fancied him at initial, he s really very good searching and undoubtedly my type. tinder trinidad We all have versions of ourselves with various persons.

over 40 listcrawler

Inquiries like this are one of the best methods to really get to know an individual, rather of going the conventional route of ‘how are you and so on. wilmington dating But there shouldn t be any sexual messages exchanged before a 1st meeting. Are there any strategies and tricks you guys got up your sleeve to enable me navigate the unknown Sea? I ve only heard of a couple of dating internet websites mainly from ads and do not actually know too several individuals personally that have carried out it as all of my mates are currently married. memphis rub ratings He even had a nerdy side that I hadn t picked up on from our telephone calls, which I loved.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/16/2013 11:42:28 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

nirvana923
Hyattsville, MD
26, joined Mar. 2013

Looking for recommendations on a new amp since I wanna upgrade my gear . Currently playing out of marshall mg30cfx with a small clone chorus and boss ds2 turbo pedal.

What amps/effects do you all like ?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/25/2013 11:51:25 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

Here's my touring rig:

Guitar (Seymour Duncan Blackout humbuckers)
|
Line 6 Relay G90 wirreless
|
Patchbay
|
..(out 1 of patchbay) - Line 6 Pod X3 #1
..|
....(out 1 of X3 #1) - Line 6 Pod XT Pro
....(out 2 of X3 #1) - Eventide H8000FW
|
..(out 2 of patchbay) - Line 6 Pox X3 #2
..|
....(out 1 of X3 #2) - Accu-Bell Type 9 Spring reverb
....(out 2 of X3 #2) - Keeley modified TS-9 Tube Screamer
|
..(out 3 of patchbay) - Marshall JCM 800 2203 (original)
|
Each set of outputs from above into separate BBE 882 sonic maximizers
|..|..|
(3) Hush 2C units
|..|..|
(3) QSC PLX 2502
|..|..|..|..|..|
(6) 4x12 B cabinets with Celestion G12S-50's

All controlled by a custom made Bob Bradshaw switching system

1/16/2014 1:12:29 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  
tattrattx
Philadelphia, PA
27, joined Sep. 2013

Quote from nirvana923:
Looking for recommendations on a new amp since I wanna upgrade my gear . Currently playing out of marshall mg30cfx with a small clone chorus and boss ds2 turbo pedal.

What amps/effects do you all like ?

That's like asking what's your favorite flavor of ice cream...hmmm...I like different things for different reasons, but...

Here's some of the gear that I have:

an early 70's fender twin reverb.
a mid 80's park g10r
Peavey bandit 112 red stripe with sheffield speaker
fender 20 watt mustang v.2

late 80's proco rat pedal w/ruiz mod
boss ds1
zoom g2 multi effects pedal
dunlop crybaby wah
joyo jf-16 british sound
joyo jf-02 ultimate overdrive

Boss br-800 digital 8 track recorder

as well as other misc gear

1/18/2014 11:10:09 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

artist820
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,537)
Tehachapi, CA
61, joined Jan. 2013

Gibson SG
Laney amp with glass tubes
Whaa foot pedal AkA: crybaby

1/18/2014 11:13:58 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

artist820
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,537)
Tehachapi, CA
61, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from tattrattx:
That's like asking what's your favorite flavor of ice cream...hmmm...I like different things for different reasons, but...

Here's some of the gear that I have:

an early 70's fender twin reverb.
a mid 80's park g10r
Peavey bandit 112 red stripe with sheffield speaker
fender 20 watt mustang v.2

late 80's proco rat pedal w/ruiz mod
boss ds1
zoom g2 multi effects pedal
dunlop crybaby wah
joyo jf-16 british sound
joyo jf-02 ultimate overdrive

Boss br-800 digital 8 track recorder

as well as other misc gear

thanks for the new icecream flavor and for spell checking my wah wha pedal "crybaby" Have you tried the "pastrami"

1/21/2014 12:25:51 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  
1971lesprec
Tehachapi, CA
58, joined Apr. 2013

A 1979 Mesa Boogie Mark IIa combo amp with a 15' E.V. speaker full 100 watts baby combined with A 1972 Gibson SG hooked up to a vintage Ibanez Analog Delay and Cry Baby Wah Wah pedal. This setup rocks.

4/8/2014 6:01:45 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  
bigd44906
Mansfield, OH
53, joined Oct. 2010

For practice I love my Fender G-Dec with the sampling and plenty of on board effects to tinker with. If I want to take some tone with me to a friend's house for a drum jam and noodle while the drummers hammer on their djembes, this is what I use. It's 15 watts is loud enough and has plenty of bite.

My main amp is a Peavey Special 212 Transtube which is a beast for volume.

Effects wise, I just use a few cheap pedals because I'm not playing out professionally so there's no reason to go overboard on gear for me. I have a Line 6 Tone Dock which I adore and I love their replaceable modules. Their metal module flat out rules. Then I use a Boss Metal Zone which is my standard go-to for crunch. I also have a nice Danalectro equalizer pedal and several very inexpensive Behringer pedals which under $20 each you can't beat. I have one for compression/sustain, chorus and overdrive. Not a fancy rig but it's mine and nothing anyone wants to swipe.

My main axe named "Dr. Doom" is my black Tele Squire patterned after a '72 Tele using twin humbuckers and I had a pro set it up for me recently and it's sweet as all get out. He's gonna do some fret work on it this summer for me and it'll be one baaaad little axe! My backup is an Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus guitar named "The Terminator" in faded cherry that my professional buddy did his mojo to also.

I bought both from Amazon. Yeah I know crazy BUT as luck would have it, each of them played amazingly well right out the box. Even my buddy who is a professional, he plays at the Grand Ol' Opry, House of Blues, & etc, was amazed at the quality for such inexpensive guitars and the fact they played so nicely. I had him help me set both of them up and oh man do they play nice! They're perfect to take to someone's backyard cookout, an impromptu jam at someone's garage, or what-have-you.

He deals in vintage guitars like Nocasters & Les Pauls and one day I may own one but I just can't see the need to spend $2,000+ on an instrument if I'm not going to play out professionally with it. The temptation for robbery is too great for thieves thus the cheap equipment. Know what I mean?

4/9/2014 10:02:33 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from bigd44906:
...I just can't see the need to spend $2,000+ on an instrument if I'm not going to play out professionally with it. The temptation for robbery is too great for thieves thus the cheap equipment. Know what I mean?

Actually, no I don't.
Ok so I have a couple of cheap guitars that I use for specific things like for instance there's this thing I do where I have a metal plate sewn into a glove and I literally rip the strings off the guitar (my God it's the coolest noise ever if you have a 368 ms delay with a 31% feedback) and then there's a part of the show where I take a guitar and hold it out over the crown and let the people rake the strings or whatever but those are special circumstances.
In general, you get what you pay for. That being said, a good tech and the right upgrades can make almost anything play better than it does coming from the factory, but then you're spending the same amount having to re-fret and re-wire.

That, my friends, is why endorsements are pretty much the best thing ever.

4/9/2014 10:21:38 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

oh and I forgot to address the stealing thing...
you can add your guitars to your insurance policy. I have a separate rider for all my gear.
I keep it updated with serial numbers and photos and the policy is good for replacement cost (not just market value). It's also good for at my house or for when I'm on tour.
I remember the sadness in his voice when my buddy Joe told me his guitar was stolen from a show.
We love our guitars like children and although they can never truly be replaced, at least I can take comfort in knowing that they are insured.

4/23/2014 4:48:21 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  
bigd44906
Mansfield, OH
53, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from jrmldks:
Actually, no I don't. In general, you get what you pay for. That being said, a good tech and the right upgrades can make almost anything play better than it does coming from the factory, but then you're spending the same amount having to re-fret and re-wire.

Horse shit. I have sat and played guitars at the music stores that ran the gamut from several thousand dollars plus and many of them play and sound like shit. "Get what you pay for." Ugh. What a stupid crock of shit. The stuff being sold today, even the so-called "American made" is garbage compared to what was produced forty & fifty years ago. Have you looked closely at the high dollar 'custom shop' shit that comes out of Gibson & Fender lately? Poor paint jobs, glued seams that look like hell, frets that need filing - I mean if you're gonna spend that kind of serious cash, the damned thing better play like a dream without much setup.

That, my friends, is why endorsements are pretty much the best thing ever.

Stop being a d*ck and go practice.

4/23/2014 4:52:57 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  
bigd44906
Mansfield, OH
53, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from jrmldks:
oh and I forgot to address the stealing thing...you can add your guitars to your insurance policy. I have a separate rider for all my gear. I keep it updated with serial numbers and photos and the policy is good for replacement cost (not just market value). It's also good for at my house or for when I'm on tour. I remember the sadness in his voice when my buddy Joe told me his guitar was stolen from a show. We love our guitars like children and although they can never truly be replaced, at least I can take comfort in knowing that they are insured.

Plus there's some local guys who have had their instruments stolen from their homes and their insurance carrier never paid them a dime for any of it even though they were supposedly covered.

4/29/2014 12:14:28 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from bigd44906:
Horse shit. I have sat and played guitars at the music stores that ran the gamut from several thousand dollars plus and many of them play and sound like shit.

Well your first problem is playing guitars in a music store. 99% of the guys who work in music stores set up guitars to be very 'middle of the road'. If you're going to set up a guitar properly, you have to maintain it regularly and music stores do not do that. They set it up and then hang it on the wall till someone buys it.
Quote from bigd44906:
"Get what you pay for." Ugh. What a stupid crock of shit. The stuff being sold today, even the so-called "American made" is garbage compared to what was produced forty & fifty years ago. Have you looked closely at the high dollar 'custom shop' shit that comes out of Gibson & Fender lately? Poor paint jobs, glued seams that look like hell, frets that need filing - I mean if you're gonna spend that kind of serious cash, the damned thing better play like a dream without much setup.

There's problem #2 - Fender and Gibson. The importance of these 2 brands in guitar history is undeniable and unquestionable. However they just don't give a shit anymore about value. They have branded themselves and are now sitting back, producing crap instruments and people are buying them. If you want a really good guitar, get one from company who focuses on quality, not quantity. The drawback is that you're going to pay a lot more for it. For instance I was with Jackson/Charvel back in the late 80's and I still have my guitars and they're amazing. But Fender owns both Charvel and Jackson now and their guitars are crap and they've ruined the brand. The Jackson Soloist, which used to be great, is now an average guitar and you can get one for about $700. If you want the playability of the originals, you have to get one from Grover's new company, GJ2 and it will cost you about $2,500.
I in no way meant that Gibson and/or Fender overpricing their crappy excuses for guitars was better...I meant if you want a phenomenal guitar, you're not going to get it off the rack or online at a big music store like Sam Ash or Guitar Center. You're going to get it from a smaller company and then have it set up by a pro, which is going to cost you a hell of a lot more.

Quote from bigd44906:
Stop being a d*ck and go practice.

FYI, I practice a minimum of 3 hours a day. Not playing, practicing. Running scales, transitions and the like.
Exactly how am I being a d*ck for pointing out the obvious?

4/29/2014 12:19:51 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from bigd44906:
Plus there's some local guys who have had their instruments stolen from their homes and their insurance carrier never paid them a dime for any of it even though they were supposedly covered.

I can't speak for anyone else but me. I know all my music gear is completely covered. I have a policy for all of it which is updated with everything new I get that has a value over $250. I get something new, call my insurance company, give them the serial number, email them pics of the serial and a photo of it and they add it to my policy and my policy goes up a few dollars a month. Every piece of gear is listed, along with the serial, on my policy so I know it's covered.

4/29/2014 1:00:22 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

jrmldks
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Norwalk, CA
40, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from bigd44906:
Horse shit. I have sat and played guitars at the music stores that ran the gamut from several thousand dollars plus and many of them play and sound like shit.

Also big factory guitars cut corners as much as possible and if they don't they charge you up the a** for it. Take Floyd Rose for instance. You won't find a real Floyd on a big guitar company's products unless it's some sort of special edition or artist model. No, you get the "licensed under Floyd Rose patents" version that the company makes. And it has inferior quality materials and construction. It's not even close to sounding or playing like a real FR. It's like expecting a VW to drive like a Porsche. And even more so with pickups. Guitar companies make pickups generic for a reason - to appeal to the widest audience possible. You can get decent tone from factory pickups, but you're never going to get amazing tone from them.
And amps are the same way. With tube amps you have to select tubes that favor your playing style to get that killer tone. Or have it modified by someone who knows what they're doing. Or both.
Anyone who thinks that by buying an artist model of a guitar is getting the same instrument that the artist uses is naive and kidding themselves. They may be getting the paint scheme and perhaps the pickups but they're still getting the stock everything else because it would simply cost too much and would never sell otherwise. For instance, the Gibson Zakk Wylde custom (which already sells for $5,000) does have the EMGs in it and Gibson makes a big deal about it as well as the fingerboard and the binding but they fail to mention that Zakk uses the 18v EMG setup, bone nut (instead of plastic), aftermarket bridge and tailpiece, stainless frets and locking machines which are not on the production model.

6/4/2014 2:35:42 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

fishnthec
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (31,530)
Mesquite, TX
66, joined Oct. 2010

I've been playing on my 72 Fender Twin for ions through an old Digitech RP6 and finally decided to try something new.

I got tired of all the stomp boxes and mess, and finally picked up a Fender Mustang IV V2.

It's solid state and before you tell me to GTFO, you ought to go down to the Guitar Center, plug in, and try one out for yourself.

There are some great reviews here http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/fender/mustang_iv?no_takeover

6/7/2014 9:44:52 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  

jamjam777
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,176)
Van Buren, AR
48, joined Oct. 2013

Played one Fish....not bad....but I sometimes like solid state and have recorded with solid state ....cause that's the sound I was after.....as far as what anyone else thinks....who cares your playing it.....

7/28/2014 12:59:56 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  
mcdmc1
Waukegan, IL
35, joined May. 2014

All u need is a laptop a guitarport n internet n ur in has thousands of preset tones effects pedals and even can type band names in and preset tones will show up so u can sound like that song I'm more of a rapper but a samples junkie if u wanna jam get at me mcdmc fb mcdmc1 soundcloud thanks and happy jammin turn up to 11
I'll jam with nebody

9/11/2014 7:50:09 PM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  
skaars
Gaylord, MI
34, joined Aug. 2014

My personal rig is a 79 gibson the paul wirh EMG 81/85,Crate bv120H , BOSS CH-1 super chorus, mxr berserker overdrive and a Dunlop cry baby ZW-45, love my tone and sometimes less is more.

9/13/2014 12:27:29 AM What's your favorite amp/ effects setup?  
evil_laughter
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,688)
Washington, DC
41, joined Jun. 2014

Depends on if I'm at reversal, playing live, or recording. It's mostly all the same gear, just different effects setups.