Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

free hookup websites for married

Although it might seem tempting to come up with a charming opening or even make a joke as an opening line when meeting somebody in particular person for a very first date, Kederian says it really is much better to just be your self. 420 dating sites denver Are you searching for a partner who will share their life with your followers or somebody who s a small far more private? How do you feel about becoming with somebody who spends a lot of time scrolling? Chatting about your opinions and expectations surrounding social media can support ascertain no matter if you ll be compatible down the line. The card will be issued to you at the time your initially eligible week processes. coffee meets bagel women I wasn t sure exactly where points have been going from there, when she mentioned I wonder if there is anything cool going on now? As I got there very first, I located myself at least a drink and a half ahead, which I think created him feel he had to drink more quickly.

www rubmaps ch

AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that empowers people today to decide on how they live as they age. single men in amsterdam I after did a lot of analysis into dating websites about the globe, on behalf of a client (a multi national dating internet site). The very best dating websites present lots of assortment and privacy, among other capabilities. getting laid in montreal Buckle up for genuine life, actual insane stories of epic dating disasters, on True Dating Stories.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/12/2014 4:25:28 AM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
brashdoc
Over 2,000 Posts (3,426)
Chehalis, WA
64, joined Aug. 2008

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/BTP/Dr_Harry_Ironside/what_is_the_gospel.htm
What Is The Gospel? by Harry Ironside (1876-1951)

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received & wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures & that He was buried & that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1st Cor 15:1-4).

It might seem almost a work of supererogation to answer a question like this. We hear the word, "Gospel" used so many times. People talk of this or that as being "as true as the Gospel" & I often wonder what they really mean by it. First I should like to indicate what it is not.

In the first place, the Gospel is not the Bible. Often when I inquire, "What do you think the Gospel is?" people reply, "Why, it is the Bible, and the Bible is the Word of God." Undoubtedly the Bible is the Word of God, but there is a great deal in that Book that is not Gospel.

"The wicked shall be turned into Hell with all the nations that forget God." That is in the Bible, and it is terribly true; but it is not Gospel.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." That is in the Bible, but it is not the Gospel.

Our English word, "gospel" just means the "good spell," and the word "spell," is the old Anglo-Saxon word for, "tidings", the good tidings, the good news. The original word translated. "Gospel," which we have taken over into the English with little alteration is the word, "evangel," and it has the same meaning, the good news. The Gospel is God's good news for sinners. The Bible contains the Gospel, but there is a great deal in the Bible which is not Gospel.

The Gospel is not just any message from God telling man how he should behave. "What is the Gospel?" I asked a man this question some time ago, and he answered, "Why I should say it is the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount, and I think if a man lives up to them he is all right." Well, I fancy he would be; but did you ever know anybody who lived up to them? The Sermon on the Mount demands a righteousness which no unregenerate man has been able to produce. The law is not the Gospel; it is the very antitheses of the Gospel. In fact, the law was given by God to show men their need of the Gospel .
"The law," says the Apostle Paul, speaking as a Jewish convert, "was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. But after that Christ is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster."

The Gospel is not a call to repentance, or to amendment of our ways, to make restitution for past sins, or to promise to do better in the future. These things are proper in their place, but they do not constitute the Gospel; for the Gospel is not good advice to be obeyed, it is good news to be believed. Do not make the mistake then of thinking that the Gospel is a call to duty or a call to reformation, a call to better your condition, to behave yourself in a more perfect way than you have been doing in the past.

Nor is the Gospel a demand that you give up the world, that you give up your sins, that you break off bad habits & try to cultivate good ones. You may do all these things & yet never believe the Gospel & consequently never be saved at all.

THERE ARE SEVEN DESIGNATIONS OF THE GOSPEL in the NT, but over & above all these, let me draw your attention to the fact that when this blessed message is mentioned, it is invariably accompanied by the definite article. Over & over & over again in the NT we read of THE Gospel. It is the Gospel not a Gospel. People tell us there are a great many different Gospels; but there is only ONE. When certain teachers came to the Galatians & tried to turn them away from the simplicity that was in Christ Jesus by teaching "another Gospel, "the apostle said that it was a different gospel, but not another; for there is none other than THE Gospel. It is downright exclusive; it is God's revelation to sinful man.

The Gospel is not comparative religion. All the different religions in the world may well be studied comparatively, for at rock bottom they are all alike; they all set men at trying to earn his own salvation. They may be called by different names & the things that men are called to do maybe different in each case, but they all set men trying to save their own souls & earn their way into the favor of God. In this they stand in vivid contrast with the Gospel, for the Gospel is that glorious message that tells us what God has done for us in order that guilty sinners maybe saved.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/12/2014 12:24:39 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
brashdoc
Over 2,000 Posts (3,426)
Chehalis, WA
64, joined Aug. 2008

So in our great universities & colleges men compare different religious systems one with another, but the Gospel is not one of them. At rock bottom they are all alike; they all set men at trying to earn his own salvation, trying to save their own souls & earn their way into God's favor. In this they stand in vivid contrast with the Gospel, for the Gospel is that glorious message of what God has done for us in order that guilty sinners maybe saved.

THE SEVEN DESIGNATIONS OF THIS GOSPEL ARE CALLED:
1. The Gospel Of The Kingdom
When I use that term I am not thinking particularly of any dispensational application, but of this blessed truth that it is only through believing the Gospel that men are born into the Kingdom of God. We sing: "A ruler once came to Jesus by night, To ask Him the way of salvation and light; The Master made answer in words true & plain, ye must be born again." But neither Nicodemus , nor you or I, could ever bring this about ourselves. We had nothing to do with our 1st birth & can have nothing to do with bringing about our 2nd birth. It must be the work of God & it is wrought through the Gospel. That is why the Gospel is called the Gospel of the Kingdom: "Except a man be born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3,7). "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth & abideth forever. And this is the word which by the Gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet 1:23-25). Every where that Paul & his companion apostles went they preached the Gospel of the Kingdom of God & they showed that the only way to get into that Kingdom was by a second birth, & that the only way whereby the second birth could be brought about was through believing the Gospel. It is THE Gospel--of the Kingdom. It is also called

2. The Gospel Of God--because God is the source of it & it is altogether of Himself. No man ever thought of a Gospel like this. The very fact that all the religions of the world set man to try to work for his own salvation indicates the fact that no man would ever have dreamed of such a Gospel as that which is revealed in this Book. It came from the heart of God; it was God who "so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He first loved us & sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins" (1 John 4:9,10). And because it is the Gospel of God, God is very jealous of it. He wants it kept pure, not mixed with any of man's theories or laws; not mixed up with religious ordinances or anything of that kind. The Gospel is God's own pure message to sinful man. God grant that you & I may receive it as in very truth the Gospel of God--& also called

3. The Gospel Of His Son
Not merely because the Son went everywhere preaching the Gospel, but because He is the theme of it. "When it pleased God," says the apostle, "who called me by His grace, to reveal His Son in me that I might preach Him among the nations; immediately I conferred not with flesh & blood" (Gal. 1:15,16). "We preach Christ crucified.. the power of God & the wisdom of God" (1 Cor. 1:23,24). No man preaches the Gospel who is not exalting the LORD Jesus. It is God's wonderful message about His Son. How often I have gone to meetings where they told me I would hear the Gospel & instead I have heard some bewildered preacher talk to a bewildered audience about everything & anything, but the Lord Jesus Christ. The Gospel has to do with nothing else but Christ. It is the Gospel of God's Son. And so, linked with this it is also called

4. The Gospel Of Christ
The Apostle Peter preaching on the day of Pentecost of the risen Savior, says, "God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord & Christ." And He speaks of Him as the anointed One, exalted at God's right hand. The Gospel is the Gospel of the Risen Lord & Messiah. There would be no Gospel for sinners if Christ had not been raised. So the apostle says, "If Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins" (1 Cor. 15:17). A New York preacher, great in his impertinence, said some years ago, preaching a so-called Easter sermon, "The body of Jesus still sleeps in a Syrian tomb, but His soul goes marching on. That is NOT the Gospel of Christ. We are not preaching of a dead Christ, but of a living Christ who sits exalted at the Father's right hand & is living to save all who put their trust in Him. That is why we who really know the Gospel never have any crucifixes around our churches or in our homes, which represents a dead Christ hanging languid on a cross of shame. We are not pointing men to a dead Christ; we are preaching a living Christ. He lives exalted at God's right had & He "saves to the uttermost all who come to God through Him." THE Gospel is also called

5. The Gospel Of The Grace Of God--because it leaves no room whatever for human merit. It just brushes away all man's pretension to any goodness, to any desert excepting judgment. It is the Gospel of grace & grace is God's free unmerited favor to those who have merited the very opposite. It is as opposite to works as oil is to water." If by grace," says the Spirit of God, "then it is no more works...but if it be of works, then is it no more grace" (Rom.11:6). People say, "But you must have both." I have heard it put like this: there was a boatman & two theologians in a boat, & one was arguing that salvation was by faith & the other by works. The boatman listened & then said, "Let me tell you how it looks to me. Suppose I call this oar Faith & this one Works. If I pull on this one, the boat goes around; if I pull on this other one, it goes around the other way, but if I pull on both oars, I get you across the river." I have heard many preachers use that illustration to prove that we are saved by faith & works. That might do if we were going to Heaven in a rowboat, but we are not. We are carried home on the Shepherd's shoulders Who came seeking lost sheep. But some other names are used.

6. The Gospel Of The Glory Of God
I love that name. It is the Gospel of the Glory of God because it comes from the place where our Lord Jesus has entered. The veil has been rent & now the glory shines out & whenever this Gospel is proclaimed, it tells of a way into the glory for sinful man, a way to come before the Mercy Seat purged from every stain. It is the Gospel of the Glory of God, because, until Christ had entered into the Glory, it could not be preached in its fullness, but, after the glory received Him, then the message went out to a lost world. THE Gospel is also called (TO BE CONTINUED)

1/12/2014 12:41:30 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
deneez
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,068)
Rochester, MI
58, joined Apr. 2012

I would like to add Gods word and good news is given anyway He chooses, and how He chooses. He has not stopped since the words put forth in Scripture.

Nevertheless, you may need a bump.

1/12/2014 2:21:53 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
brashdoc
Over 2,000 Posts (3,426)
Chehalis, WA
64, joined Aug. 2008

Thanks for bump, the rose, your honest thoughts & the cup of coffee, Denise.
"None of the ransomed ever know how deep were the waters crossed; nor how dark was the night that the Lord passed through, ere He found the sheep that was lost."

I agree with you that the Holy Spirit continues to convict the unbelieving world of sin & righteousness & judgment (Jn 14:16,17; 16:8-11) & the Father continues to draw people & point them to His Son, however & with whatever & whomever He chooses, but THE ONE ETERNAL GOSPEL that brings salvation, as revealed in Scripture & our Lord Jesus Christ, does not change, His message remains the same, the same one Christians preach today, the only message of God's power (Rom 1:15-17) by which one can be saved, in the only name by which one MUST be saved (Acts 4:12). There are way too many "other false gospels" being preached in the world today by "different spirits" than the Holy Spirit & proclaiming a "different Jesus" (2 Cor 11:4) than the Scriptural One who sits in heaven today, interceding for His flock. (Moving on)

7. The Everlasting Gospel It will never be superseded by another. No other ever went before it, nor will ever come after it. A Univ. of Chicago professor wrote a book years ago. He pointed out that one of these days Jesus would be superseded by a greater teacher; then He & the Gospel that He taught would have to give way to a message more suited to intelligent, cultivated men of later centuries. No! The world...would never need any other Gospel, preached by apostles & confirmed with signs following; the Gospel which, throughout the centuries has been saving guilty sinners.

What then is the content of this one Gospel? We are told: "I declare to you the Gospel which I preached to you, which also ye have received & wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached to you, unless ye have believed in vain." People can merely believe with the intellect...when the heart has not been reached. But wherever men believe this Gospel in real faith, they are saved. What is it that brings this wonderful result? It is a simple story, yet how rich, how full. "I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received."

I think his heart must have been stirred writing those words, remembering nearly 30 years before when he hurried down the Damascus turnpike, his heart filled with hatred toward the Lord Jesus Christ & His people--he was thrown to the ground & a light shone & he heard a voice saying, "Saul, Saul, why persecutest Thou me?" He cried, "Who art Thou Lord?" And the Voice said, "I am Jesus whom thou persecutest." That day Saul believed the Gospel; he believed that He who died on the Cross had really been raised from the dead & was living in brilliant Glory. At that moment his soul was saved & Saul of Tarsus was changed to Paul the Apostle. And now he says, "I am going to tell you what I have received; it is a real thing with me & I know it will work the same wonderful change in you; IF you will believe it.

The Gospel was no new thing in God's mind. It had been proclaimed (Gal 3:8; Heb 4:1-3) & predicted throughout OT times.

It began in Eden when YHWH said, "The Seed of the woman will bruise thy head." It was typified in every sacrifice offered, portrayed in the wonderful Tabernacle & the Temple. We have it in Isaiah's proclamation, "He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities...with His stripes we are healed." It was preached by Jeremiah, "This is His Name whereby He will be called, the LORD our Righteousness" (Jer.23:6) All thru those OT dispensations, the Gospel was predicted & when Jesus came, the Gospel came with Him. The Gospel could be fully told to a lost world. No man preaches the Gospel, no matter what nice things he may say about Jesus, if he leaves out His vicarious death.

I was preaching in a church in Virginia & a minister prayed, "Lord, grant Thy blessing as the Word is preached tonight. May it be the means of causing people to fall in love with the Christ-life, that they may begin to live the Christ-life." I felt like saying, Brother, sit down; don't insult God like that; but then I felt I had to be courteous. My turn would come, when I could get up & give them the truth. The Gospel is not asking men to live the Christ-life. If your salvation depends upon your doing that, your are just as good as checked in for Hell, for you never can live it in yourself. It is utterly impossible. He did not come to tell men how to live in order that they might save themselves. Apart from His death, He would never have saved one poor sinner. He came to die & give Himself a ransom for all. When instituting the Lord's Supper He said, "Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you...this cup is the new covenant in My Blood" (1 Cor 11:24,25) There is no Gospel if Jesus' vicarious death is left out & there is no other way whereby one is saved than thru the death of the blessed spotless Son of God.

Someone says, "But I do not understand it." That is a terrible confession to make, for "If our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: (2 Cor. 4:3). If you do not see that there is no other way of salvation for you, save through the death of the Lord Jesus, then that just tells the sad story that you are among the lost. You are not merely in danger of being lost in the Day of Judgment; but you are lost NOW. But, thank God, "the Son of Man is come to seek & to save that which was lost" & seeking the lost He went to the cross & He continues to seek the lost.

HE HAD TO DIE, to go down into the dark waters of death, that you might be saved. Can you think of any ingratitude more base than that of a man or woman who passes by the life offered by the Savior who died on the Cross for them? Jesus died for you & can it be that you have never even trusted Him, never even come to Him & told Him you were a poor, lost, ruined, guilty sinner; but since He died for you, you would take Him as your Savior? HIS DEATH WAS REAL. He was buried 3 days in the tomb. He died, He was buried & that was God's witness that it was not a merely pretended death, but He, the LORD of life, had to go down into death. "Death could not keep its prey, He tore the bars away."

And so the 3rd point of the Gospel is this, "He was raised again the 3rd day according to the Scriptures. "That is the Gospel & nothing can be added to that. Some people say, Well, but must I repent? Yes, but that is not the Gospel. "Must I not be baptized?" If you are a Christian, you ought to be baptized, but baptism is not the Gospel. Paul said, "Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the Gospel" (1 Cor. 1:17) He did baptize people, but he did not consider that was the Gospel--the great message that he was sent to carry to the world.

Ye Must Be Born Again George Beverly Shea

1/12/2014 2:39:18 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
mindya
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,665)
Vancouver, BC
64, joined Jan. 2009

Ya can't go wrong reading Mr. Ironside's writings.

1/12/2014 2:53:14 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
mindya
Vancouver, BC
64, joined Jan. 2009

Here's a good link to H.A. Ironside's notes on the bible:

http://www.studylight.org/com/isn/

This site also has commentaries by other writers - It's a great source:

http://www.studylight.org/com/

Enjoy..

1/12/2014 3:33:56 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

prophetic774
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,464)
Winter Haven, FL
67, joined Feb. 2011

Colossians 1:4-6: We have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love you have for all the saints--the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the Word of Truth, the **GOSPEL** that has come to you!

The **GOSPEL** is all the Words of the New Covenant of Jesus Christ as found in the NT which includes the 100% free gift of salvation and the countless eternal rewards that spring from the Hope stored up for us in heaven.

THE FATHER LOVES HIS FAITHFUL SAINTS JUST AS MUCH AS HE LOVES JESUS!!

John 17:23: Jesus says to His Father, "You sent Me and have **LOVED THEM** even as you **LOVED** Me!!" WOWEE!! AMAZING!!

JESUS LOVES HIS FAITHFUL SAINTS JUST AS MUCH AS THE FATHER LOVES HIM!!

John 15:9,10" Jesus says, "As the Father **LOVED** Me, so I have **LOVED** you!! Now remain in My **LOVE**. **IF** you obey My commands, you will remain in My **LOVE**, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in His **LOVE**!"

John 14:21,23: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who **LOVES** Me! He who loves Me will be **LOVED** by My Father, and I will **LOVE** him....If anyone **LOVES** Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will **LOVE** him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him!!"

WHAT'S **LOVE** GOT TO DO WITH IT??

I Peter 1:22: "Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere **LOVE** for your brothers, **LOVE** one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again... through the living and enduring Word of God!

I Corinthians 13:2,4-8: If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not **LOVE** I am nothing...**LOVE** is patient, **LOVE** is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. **LOVE** does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. **LOVE** never fails!!"

John 13:34: Jesus says, "A NEW command I give you: **LOVE** one another As I have **LOVED** you, so you must **LOVE** one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples."

Matthew 28:19.20” Jesus commands, “Go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them to *OBEY EVERYTHING* I have commanded you!” {See I John 2:3-5}

EVERYTHING would also include all the other commands in God's inspired Word from Acts to Revelation as per 2 Timothy 3:16: 4:2: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work...Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction."

If we really **LOVE** our brothers and sister in Christ we will lovingly teach them to obey all the approximately 400 commands of the NT with **LOVE** in the hope of countless eternal rewards when Jesus comes with great power with all His angels.

Revelation 22:112: Jesus says,"Behold, I am coming soon! My *REWARD* is with Me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done!?

Matthew 16:27: Jesus says, For the Son of Man is going to come in His **FATHER'S GLORY WITH HIS ANGELS**, and **THEN** He will *REWARD* each person according to what he has done."

Ephesians 4:15: "Speaking the Truth in **LOVE**, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ! From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in **LOVE**, as each part does its work."

1/13/2014 12:19:54 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

walt_oftheearth
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,770)
Avondale, AZ
62, joined Feb. 2008

After seeing your new topic/ thread yesterday and pondering it, I thought about just how far one could boil the Gospel down to. And I thought of these words of Jesus, in John 5:24....

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

Of course, Jesus said this in the larger context of His mission to rescue us. He is the "sent One," and he bridged the great gulf that existed between us and the Father.

Just yesterday, it was brought to my attention, that for the first time, Jesus referred to His disciples as "brethren," .... after He resurrected Himself.

Jesus full atonement for sin, and His defeat of death made us adopted children of God.

1/13/2014 5:39:45 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
mindya
Vancouver, BC
64, joined Jan. 2009

I've always loved these two verses:

(John 11:25 KJV) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

(John 11:26 KJV) And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

1/13/2014 6:15:27 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
mindya
Vancouver, BC
64, joined Jan. 2009

I like the new pic reese - it that your son in there with you - it's hard to make out.

1/13/2014 8:23:09 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
deneez
Rochester, MI
58, joined Apr. 2012

Thank you brashdoc.

Yes, all of the good News is found in Scripture.

Unfortunately a lot of the bad news is it isn't be put into action.

Another cup of coffee for you.

From what I have gathered these past few years, I suspect you're a good man.

1/13/2014 8:30:05 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
deneez
Rochester, MI
58, joined Apr. 2012

Should edit for their are a lot of good people that live the gospel every day even if by an act of the will. I believe He accepts that too if it is done with love.

Sometimes it is that act of the will charity that ends in a result where what was first an act of will ends feeling inside peace and love.

1/14/2014 7:56:24 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
mindya
Vancouver, BC
64, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from msreese63:
Thanks, Mindya. Yes that is one of my 3 sons. It is hard to tell with that orange 'greasepaint' on. He was dressed as an Oompa Loompa.

I'm guessing that's a green wig too.

1/15/2014 11:53:43 AM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

isna_la_wica
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,767)
Brantford, ON
63, joined Mar. 2012

Quote from brashdoc:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/BTP/Dr_Harry_Ironside/what_is_the_gospel.htm
What Is The Gospel? by Harry Ironside (1876-1951)

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received & wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures & that He was buried & that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1st Cor 15:1-4).

It might seem almost a work of supererogation to answer a question like this. We hear the word, "Gospel" used so many times. People talk of this or that as being "as true as the Gospel" & I often wonder what they really mean by it. First I should like to indicate what it is not.

In the first place, the Gospel is not the Bible. Often when I inquire, "What do you think the Gospel is?" people reply, "Why, it is the Bible, and the Bible is the Word of God." Undoubtedly the Bible is the Word of God, but there is a great deal in that Book that is not Gospel.

"The wicked shall be turned into Hell with all the nations that forget God." That is in the Bible, and it is terribly true; but it is not Gospel.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." That is in the Bible, but it is not the Gospel.

Our English word, "gospel" just means the "good spell," and the word "spell," is the old Anglo-Saxon word for, "tidings", the good tidings, the good news. The original word translated. "Gospel," which we have taken over into the English with little alteration is the word, "evangel," and it has the same meaning, the good news. The Gospel is God's good news for sinners. The Bible contains the Gospel, but there is a great deal in the Bible which is not Gospel.

The Gospel is not just any message from God telling man how he should behave. "What is the Gospel?" I asked a man this question some time ago, and he answered, "Why I should say it is the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount, and I think if a man lives up to them he is all right." Well, I fancy he would be; but did you ever know anybody who lived up to them? The Sermon on the Mount demands a righteousness which no unregenerate man has been able to produce. The law is not the Gospel; it is the very antitheses of the Gospel. In fact, the law was given by God to show men their need of the Gospel .
"The law," says the Apostle Paul, speaking as a Jewish convert, "was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. But after that Christ is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster."

The Gospel is not a call to repentance, or to amendment of our ways, to make restitution for past sins, or to promise to do better in the future. These things are proper in their place, but they do not constitute the Gospel; for the Gospel is not good advice to be obeyed, it is good news to be believed. Do not make the mistake then of thinking that the Gospel is a call to duty or a call to reformation, a call to better your condition, to behave yourself in a more perfect way than you have been doing in the past.

Nor is the Gospel a demand that you give up the world, that you give up your sins, that you break off bad habits & try to cultivate good ones. You may do all these things & yet never believe the Gospel & consequently never be saved at all.

THERE ARE SEVEN DESIGNATIONS OF THE GOSPEL in the NT, but over & above all these, let me draw your attention to the fact that when this blessed message is mentioned, it is invariably accompanied by the definite article. Over & over & over again in the NT we read of THE Gospel. It is the Gospel not a Gospel. People tell us there are a great many different Gospels; but there is only ONE. When certain teachers came to the Galatians & tried to turn them away from the simplicity that was in Christ Jesus by teaching "another Gospel, "the apostle said that it was a different gospel, but not another; for there is none other than THE Gospel. It is downright exclusive; it is God's revelation to sinful man.

The Gospel is not comparative religion. All the different religions in the world may well be studied comparatively, for at rock bottom they are all alike; they all set men at trying to earn his own salvation. They may be called by different names & the things that men are called to do maybe different in each case, but they all set men trying to save their own souls & earn their way into the favor of God. In this they stand in vivid contrast with the Gospel, for the Gospel is that glorious message that tells us what God has done for us in order that guilty sinners maybe saved.

Really enjoyed reading this Doc.

Maybe I should think about this more, but my first reaction, or thought after reading it?

You describe the difference between the written word and the "living " word that is Christ. One we can learn and memorize, the other we can actually, "live" and be part of .

Going to read about the 7 , later tonight.

Getting lots of smiles here this morning. And I owe you a smile Doc,for this post, thank you Sir!

Loved it.

1/15/2014 2:55:57 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

prophetic774
Winter Haven, FL
67, joined Feb. 2011

"GOSPEL" means "GOOD NEWS"

WHAT IS THE NT GOSPEL?? Colossians 1:4-6: We have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love you have for all the saints--the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the Word of Truth, the **GOSPEL** that has come to you!

The **GOSPEL** is all the Words of the New Covenant of Jesus Christ as found in the NT which includes the 100% free gift of salvation and the countless eternal rewards that spring from the Hope stored up for us in heaven.

THE FATHER LOVES HIS FAITHFUL SAINTS JUST AS MUCH AS HE LOVES JESUS!!

John 17:23: Jesus says to His Father, "You sent Me and have **LOVED THEM** even as you **LOVED** Me!!" WOWEE!! AMAZING!!

JESUS LOVES HIS FAITHFUL SAINTS JUST AS MUCH AS THE FATHER LOVES HIM!!

John 15:9,10" Jesus says, "As the Father **LOVED** Me, so I have **LOVED** you!! Now remain in My **LOVE**. **IF** you obey My commands, you will remain in My **LOVE**, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in His **LOVE**!"

John 14:21,23: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who **LOVES** Me! He who loves Me will be **LOVED** by My Father, and I will **LOVE** him....If anyone **LOVES** Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will **LOVE** him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him!!"

WHAT'S **LOVE** GOT TO DO WITH IT??

I Peter 1:22: "Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere **LOVE** for your brothers, **LOVE** one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again... through the living and enduring Word of God!

I Corinthians 13:2,4-8: If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not **LOVE** I am nothing...**LOVE** is patient, **LOVE** is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. **LOVE** does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. **LOVE** never fails!!"

John 13:34: Jesus says, "A NEW command I give you: **LOVE** one another As I have **LOVED** you, so you must **LOVE** one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples."

Matthew 28:19.20” Jesus commands, “Go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them to *OBEY EVERYTHING* I have commanded you!” {See I John 2:3-5}

EVERYTHING would also include all the other commands in God's inspired Word from Acts to Revelation as per 2 Timothy 3:16: 4:2: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work...**PREACH THE WORD**; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the Truth and turn aside to *MYTHS*!"

There is absolutely nothing in the NT Gospel or Word of God about any co-redemptress or praying to anyone other than the Father in Jesus name. There have been many Satanic Roman Catholic Popes who have ADDED many fairy tales and *MYTHS* to the Words of God.

If we really **LOVE** our brothers and sister in Christ we will lovingly teach them to obey all the approximately 400 commands of the NT with **LOVE** in the hope of countless eternal rewards when Jesus comes with great power with all His angels.

Revelation 22:112: Jesus says,"Behold, I am coming soon! My *REWARD* is with Me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done!?

Matthew 16:27: Jesus says, For the Son of Man is going to come in His **FATHER'S GLORY WITH HIS ANGELS**, and **THEN** He will *REWARD* each person according to what he has done."

Ephesians 4:15: "Speaking the Truth in **LOVE**, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ! From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in **LOVE**, as each part does its work."

1/15/2014 2:57:13 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

prophetic774
Winter Haven, FL
67, joined Feb. 2011

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

1/15/2014 7:08:27 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
1956model
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,103)
Salem, OR
61, joined Feb. 2008

In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I ask You in the name, and through the Blood of Your Divine Son, to rebuke Satan for taking captive that which belongs to You. I ask Jesus to place His Crown of thorns around pathetic774 so that those with wrong influences will lose interest and depart. Mary Mother of Jesus, place your mantle of love around, pathetic774. Amen

St. Michael, protect him.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy spirit. Amen

1/15/2014 7:42:28 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
deneez
Rochester, MI
58, joined Apr. 2012

Well. I see a sincere prayer.

1/15/2014 8:00:13 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
brashdoc
Over 2,000 Posts (3,426)
Chehalis, WA
64, joined Aug. 2008

Thanks everyone for being good Bereans & practicing Acts 17:11 and sharing some wonderful thoughts on the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ! And yes mindya, I enjoy reading teachings from Dr. Ironside. He died two years before I was born. I would have enjoyed hearing him but at least we get the joy of reading what he learned, especially here about the gospel.

Thanks again for the coffee, Denny! Only God is good as Jesus taught us. It is only in the Spirit that I am able to express His fruit, the fruit of goodness. I am a normal guy, who is human. I have my cranky days, my stubborn days, my inordinate desires or selfish ways, but praise the Lord, He is teaching me to keep quick accounts (Acts 24:16) & seek to be enabled by His grace & power to serve the Savior & not self or sin.

As in light of 2 Corinthians 3 (do people see Jesus in us):

We are writing a living epistle, by the deeds that we do & the words that we say;
People read what we write distorted or true, what is the living Gospel, according to you?

I truly rejoice in God's Spirit in encouraging the saints concerning the glorious gospel, the good news of our Lord. There is no greater thing to share with those who are on the wide road to destruction, who are lost & without the Shepherd & guardian of our souls.

I would give a caution though prophetic on your last post and others posting about Mary, no matter the sincerity. This thread is not about Mary but the gospel as found in Scripture; it is about the good news of Jesus Christ. And there is no need to repeat your posts, prophetic with the same information, except for quoting someone that you might like to make a comment on. Please feel free to share any new insights concerning our Lord's life & message. Also you have mentioned names in this thread, breaking the DHU forum posting rules. This must stop as I will not allow people to break rules & bring strife to this thread so that it will not be removed. Thank you in advance all for your adherence to these things.

Eph 1:13-17 In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION & believed in HIM, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory. For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus & your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom & of REVELATION in the KNOWLEDGE of Him...

Praise the Lord that our faith in Christ is rooted in the word of truth & that we have truly been sealed with the Holy Spirit, who cries in our hearts, with our cries:

Abba...Father...our Daddy who loves us & provides for us & brought us out of darkness into His marvelous light. No tongue can fully describe what believing in the gospel has done for our hearts & in transforming our lives, to be His witnesses of this wonderful message.Salvation belongs to Him & He has made it our salvation. Glory!

Still Singing

1/15/2014 9:20:20 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
mark_sunnyfield
Hattiesburg, MS
45, joined Mar. 2013

The good news is that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh and paid the penalty for our sin , through shedding of his blood, so that we can be children of God and have eternal life.

1/15/2014 9:30:50 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

prophetic774
Winter Haven, FL
67, joined Feb. 2011

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

1/16/2014 8:31:14 AM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
brashdoc
Over 2,000 Posts (3,426)
Chehalis, WA
64, joined Aug. 2008

I am thankful, Rich, for the Lord using the words of a man now in the presence of our Lord to minister to your heart concerning the everlasting gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ! I apologize for the distracting strife two people brought in this thread, that they had done in other threads. Thanks Reese for your thoughts on John 1:1-4! And thank you Mark, for summarizing what our Lord Jesus Christ did, coming down out of heaven: the Word made flesh, God in the flesh, Immanuel--God with us--the Promised Messiah as foretold by the prophets & THE Promised Prophet that Moses spoke about that the Father said then & at our Lord's transfiguration, "It is to Him you must listen."

Are we listening to Him? Are we listening to His gospel message He lived & preached, He being the only Name under heaven, given among men by which we must be saved? It is about an eternal King & His Kingdom without end; it is about an everlasting Gospel, for all peoples, nations, tribes & tongues--for all time; it is about the "glad tidings" & love of a Father & the "Good News" of His Humble Son, sent to cruelly die on a criminal's cross, shedding His precious blood & satisfying the just demands of a holy God & Law; it is about the message concerning the Good News of a Coming & reigning Messiah, Yeshua HaMoshiach; it is about a gospel concerning the grace of God & His priceless gift of salvation, the pearl of GREAT price, that we would give up all for & count all other things as garbage in comparison; it is above all, a Gospel concerning the glory of the Living God, that He would reveal to us the only means to save us poor, wretched & blind lost souls, in such a way, through His Son, that we might bring GLORY to His Name! Gloria por Dios en los cielos!

By His Wounds We Are Healed

[Edited 1/16/2014 8:33:10 AM ]

1/16/2014 12:15:15 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

walt_oftheearth
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,770)
Avondale, AZ
62, joined Feb. 2008

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but one of the most beautiful examples of what the Gospel is was illustrated by Jesus in His parable of the Prodigal Son.

That son demanded of his father his inheritance and he squandered it all; as we so often waste these lives we've been given.

But something made that son "come to himself." And he returned to his father saying "I am have sinned against you and against heaven." "I am not worthy to be called your son anymore; Just make me your slave."

But we know that is not what the father did. He welcomed his son home, saying "He was lost, but now he is found."

Sometimes the road to God passes through some terribly horrendous times.

1/16/2014 6:26:58 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

allen281
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,159)
Lisbon, OH
61, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from msreese63:
In Doc's post, he asks "are you listening to Him?"

I believe to fully listen to the Lord, we have to be still. We need quiet time to be with Him.

Psalm 46:10 says:
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

When we are still, we can more absorb His Word, we can hear His still small voice speaking to our hearts (souls).

I can't say things very well sometimes, so I hope you understand what I mean when I say this, but being still is a wonderful form of praise to Him. We are submitting to Him, listening to Him.

That's what we are supposed to do, in our own way.

But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold. Job 23:10 ESV

(edited to italicize the Bible verse)

You mean someone has the original manuscripts of the inspired
words of God ? Boy i sure would like to read them ???????????

1/16/2014 6:45:54 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

allen281
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,159)
Lisbon, OH
61, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from msreese63:
What are you talking about?

The translations of Greek writings has been translated over 5 thousand times and
all of them have changed over time, so what we read today, we can not prove them
to be all the inspired words of God, why we don't even know how many words were
spoken by God but what we have we have, so everyone does the best they can to understand them and God knows that, after all it say the knowledge of God cease and why is that ?
Because man continues to translate the writings over and over again, so the original
manuscripts we don't even have.
We have translations written by many men, why do you think that each books was never
signed by the writers themselves, who was the writers of the books we now read ?
Most them was written and put together by Catholics.

So who has the original manuscripts of the inspired words of God ? No one i know !

1/17/2014 1:22:59 AM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
brashdoc
Over 2,000 Posts (3,426)
Chehalis, WA
64, joined Aug. 2008

Thank you Walt for your wonderful thoughts on the Gospel, as illustrated by the prodigal son. It truly shows "Good News" of the love of our Heavenly Father--that takes spiritually dead & lost souls who humbly & sincerely repent & return as wandering sheep to the Shepherd & Guardian of our souls--and forgives their sins & re-births them into everlasting life, the very life of God. Awesome.

I am sorry reese that there are those on here who have their own agendas & do not post ON TOPIC with the theme of the threads, breaking the forum rules & disrupting the flow of the topic & other posters flow, like yourself. We indeed, need to be still & listen & learn from the Master Teacher, the One Rabbi we Christians learn from, so that we might proclaim the Good News we hear from Him...to others.

For that poster, you may want to start another thread on Biblical Manuscript evidence because that is NOT the topic here. Here is a website with 3 internationally recognized experts on Biblical manuscripts & one world recognized scholar, fluent in the original languages of the Bible, as they discuss the canon & Jesus & how truly ACCURATE is the Bible we have today from all the manuscripts, codexes, papyri, velum, quotes of Scripture from early church fathers & worship books, etc. (totaling close to 25,000!)

http://www.dts.edu/media/play/jesus-canon-and-theology-darrell-l-bock-daniel-b-wallace-and-ben-witherington/

Here is the important note the owners of this website post above the GROUPS here in the Christian Only section. You should pay close attention to it. I do.

Note: Please make sure to keep an eye on your thread. If you see anyone causing trouble, insulting others, or breaking forum rules you must block them immediately. Click 'block user from posting' next to the user who is causing problems.This will make it so they can't post anymore in this thread. If everyone immediately blocks troublemakers then they won't have anywhere to go and will get bored and leave. If you don't block them and they fill your thread with inappropriate posts it is highly likely your thread will have to be deleted. Thanks for helping keep this place drama-free.

If you continue to post here, post on topic. Thank you.

I Still Believe in the Old Rugged Cross The Specks

1/17/2014 3:59:06 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  

isna_la_wica
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,767)
Brantford, ON
63, joined Mar. 2012

I ran across this quote , and immediately thought of this thread.

“The gospel is not a doctrine of the tongue, but of life. It cannot be grasped by reason and memory only, but it is fully understood when it possesses the whole soul and penetrates to the inner recesses of the heart.”
? John Calvin, Golden Booklet of the True Christian Life

Its kind of ironic for me. When I was young, I was one of the best at memorizing the Bible.Yep. lots of gold stars I received from Sunday School. And later, when I rejected my "faith", I used that memory quite well, to prove to my self that the Bible was simply a Nationalistic story proving there was no loving God.

It is remarkably, quite easy to do.

But then, a couple and a half decades later? I read a letter my Mom had written to me. It had been unopened for over 12 years, stuck in a box. I have no idea, why it had never been opened. In it, she had quoted a verse from Hebrews.

It actually, angered me. It went against every thing I thought the Bible said.I , dug my old Bible out of storage, and looked the verse up. I ten started reading, the passages, prior to that verse, then the ones after it.

What I was reading, was so different from what I had memorized. What I had remembered in regards to the meaning of scripture.

Far from, not ever being able to be good enough, to satisfy scripture ? A different meaning to the same passages I had used to attack scripture, was now coming to me.

This puzzled me a lot. Looking back now though, it dawned on me. I had only been reading scripture prior. Now, I read the "gospel". The printed words had not changed at all. I was still angry at what I read. But the anger had changed. I was no longer angry at what I had thought were the false promises given to us in scripture. I was angry at my self.

Anyway, still have no idea how that happened. But somehow, Jesus brought the gospel to me, from scripture and quiet reflection. Yet, while I was still, with out him.

I honestly do not believe , that the Bible by its self, will ever bring any to Jesus. I think, Jesus, comes to us via the Bible though. Such is the mystery of the 'gospel'.

1/18/2014 1:51:32 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
brashdoc
Over 2,000 Posts (3,426)
Chehalis, WA
64, joined Aug. 2008

Thanks for your thoughts, Rich, & your honesty on your spiritual journey. I have seen your growth & your desire to be an Acts 17:11 individual. When you were first on here, you would often react in anger toward others--& your sharing about reacting in anger to your mother quoting that Scripture in Hebrews is a good example, not reacting to others but being angry at oneself for falling into deception & being blind--apart from the Spirit's illumination.

However, when we die, taking up our cross daily & allow the indwelling Holy Spirit to lead & guide us, His fruit is produced & the life of Christ is manifested in our mortal body. Hallelujah! When we learn to depend upon Him, rather than our great oratory or research skills that seek to prove or disprove things, we have peace, resting in Him. And the gospel message He preached, comes alive in our hearts, because Jesus makes it alive. That is why the Word of God is described as "living & active" & pierces our hearts & reveals our true inner thoughts. We can only hide from God for so long before He tests & proves us & reveals what is really going on INSIDE US. Jesus made that plain. It is not from WITHOUT that a person is defiled; it is from WITHIN, from the heart, where evil comes & defiles us. I am not a sinner based on evil influences from WITHOUT; they are simply temptations. But I am a sinner when I act upon evil thoughts from WITHIN ME & this gives birth to sin. Temptation is temptation, but sin is sin.

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be SWIFT to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger (wrath). For the anger (wrath) of a man does not work the righteousness of God." (James 1:18,19)

James 1:4-7 ...Let patience have perfect work, that ye may be perfect & entire, wanting
nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally &
upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For
he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not
that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

The Lord would have us be patient & longsuffering, allowing it to be the work that perfects us, so we are wholesome & not having to want or react to things. Notice work is in the singular. From where does patience (longsuffering) come? It is the fruit OF THE SPIRIT. The righteousness OF GOD, found only IN Christ, does not work (again singular) through the wrath, the anger of a man. Again where does the righteousness of God come from? It comes from Christ alone--we CANNOT work the work of God (as Jesus taught--John 6:28,29) unless it is by faith in Christ; it is His righteousness, not righteousness produced by us. The work of God is by faith in Christ to produce what we cannot, nor ever could, nor ever will. Our faith expresses itself through God's love, again something we cannot produce.

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law & nothing shall offend them.
I don't get offended for the most part (I am human though!) because God keeps those in perfect peace, whose minds remain on Him. But I do get CONCERNED when false teachers & prophets try to lead the people of God astray. There is a difference.

And indeed, as John Calvin wrote, the gospel is not simply some taught doctrine by man, but concerns life itself; just like Simon Peter said: "Lord, to whom will we go, YOU have the words of eternal LIFE." God takes the Word, that precious eternal seed implanted by His servants preaching the Word & brings forth His birth--by grace through faith. (I Pet 1:22-25) The Word of God is quickened & spiritual revelation is made known by the wielding of the Spirit's sword. Our repentance & faith in the Gospel, under the Spirit's conviction, brings spiritual birth, being born a second time from above. We then possess the life of God, being made alive & experience the reality of communion & fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ Himself! We are called into fellowship with Him & with the Father! Glory!

I Cor 1:9 God IS faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus
Christ our Lord.

I Jn 1:3 That which we have SEEN AND HEARD declare we unto you, that ye also may
have fellowship with us; & truly our fellowship IS with the Father AND with his Son
Jesus Christ.

And that is the GOOD NEWS of GREAT JOY unto ALL PEOPLE--A Savior has appeared (Hosea 13:4; Lk 2:11; Jn 4:42; Acts 5:31; Eph 5;23; Phil 3:20; 2 Tim 1:10; Titus 2:13; 2 Pet 2:1, etc.), the Word, the eternal Son of God made flesh, God Himself tabernacling with us VISIBLE. He is THE Messiah, THE Lord of glory. The Savior of the world, through His shed blood (dying on the cross) brings forgiveness of sins to those who change their minds (repent) that they can save themselves & turn in faith to the One who CAN save them FROM their sins & well as forgive them OF their sins.

Is He saving you from your sins today, as you seek to walk in His righteousness? Is that a reality in your life? If not, call upon His Name today & put your trust in the Savior of the world & find forgiveness of sins, find eternal life & learn by faith to be delivered from your sins & be an instrument of righteousness in Him.

[Edited 1/18/2014 1:52:12 PM ]

1/21/2014 4:19:23 PM What is the Gospel, the Good News as found in Scripture?  
brashdoc
Over 2,000 Posts (3,426)
Chehalis, WA
64, joined Aug. 2008

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the GOSPEL, for it is the POWER of God for salvation to everyone who BELIEVES, to the Jew first & also to the Greek.

Are we ashamed to proclaim it? Do we really believe in sharing this "Good News" that people will actually experience the power of God & be saved--because they put their trust & lives in this message we preach? Do we believe this is the one true message EVERYONE should hear & believe in order to be saved?

The Truth of the Gospel:
Mark 1:1,14,15 The beginning of the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, The Son of God...Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the GOSPEL OF GOD & saying, "The time is fulfilled & the kingdom of God is at hand; repent & believe in the GOSPEL."

Eph 1:13 In Him you also, when you heard the word of TRUTH, the GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION & BELIEVED IN HIM, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Mt 4:23;9:35 And He went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues & proclaiming the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM & healing every disease & every affliction among the people.

Gal 1:7 ...Not that there is another GOSPEL, but there are some who trouble you & want to DISTORT THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Gal 1:11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the GOSPEL that was preached by me is NOT MAN'S GOSPEL.

Lk 20:1 One day, as Jesus was teaching the people in the temple & preaching the GOSPEL

2 Cor 9:13 ...They will glorify God because of your submission that comes from your CONFESSION of the GOSPEL OF THE MESSIAH.

The Scope of the Gospel
Lk 9:6 And they departed & went through the villages, preaching the GOSPEL & healing everywhere.

Acts 8:25 Now when they had testified & spoken the word of the Lord, they returned to Jerusalem, preaching the GOSPEL to many villages of the Samaritans.

Acts 15:7 ...by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the WORD OF THE GOSPEL & believe.

Act_8:40 But Philip found himself at Azotus & as he passed THROUGH he preached the GOSPEL to all the towns until he came to Caesarea.

Mk 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world & proclaim the GOSPEL to the whole creation.

Mk 13:10 And the GOSPEL must first be proclaimed to ALL nations.

The Cost & Reward of the Gospel
Mk 8:35 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake & the GOSPEL'S will save it.

Mk 10:29,30 Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for My sake & for the GOSPEL, who will not receive 100X more, now at this time--houses, brothers & sisters, mothers & children & fields, with persecutions--& eternal life in the age to come.

Mk 14:9 And truly, I say to you, wherever the GOSPEL is proclaimed in the WHOLE world, what she has done will be told in memory of her."

Acts 20:24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course & the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD.

I Cor 9:12 If others share this rightful claim on you, do not we even more? Nevertheless, we have not made use of this right, but we endure anything rather than put an OBSTACLE in the way of the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

The Nature of the Gospel

I Cor 1:17 Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the GOSPEL & not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be EMPTIED of its POWER.

Rom 11:28 As regards the GOSPEL, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers.

Rom 15:16 ...To be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the PRIESTLY SERVICE OF THE GOSPEL OF GOD, so that the OFFERING of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Rom 15:19 ...By the power of signs & wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God—so that from Jerusalem & all the way around to Illyricum I have FULFILLED THE MINISTRY OF THE
GOSPEL OF THE MESSIAH.

Eph_6:15 as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the GOSPEL OF PEACE.

Behold The Wounds...