Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

rubmaps com

She went back house and realized that he forgot his backpack. hartford chat rooms But then Tall Eric gave me his card and asked me to be in touch. You may perhaps be a lover of Korean really like stories or romantic motion pictures. picking up girls in barcelona

dc hookup site

If you don t approach the red flags that led you to divorce, you are doomed to repeat history. ayr singles There are plenty of on the web dating app accomplishment stories out there. For additional information relating to the status of your benefits, please get in touch with your regional county social solutions/human services agency. twoo online dating site Appear no further for teenagers is your really like and connect hot girls, music fashion website.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/9/2014 12:44:55 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

It makes no sense... You are there to work out not to be a couch potato

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/10/2014 9:31:42 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,800)
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

i catch up on the news. because i don't have cable at home either.

2/10/2014 9:40:41 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
gymlove
Over 1,000 Posts (1,783)
Harrisonburg, VA
36, joined Nov. 2013

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

2/10/2014 10:25:33 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

lol, however my gym DOES have a couch in front of the largest flat screen there. with a coffee table and magazines.

to me, THAT is stupid

2/10/2014 10:42:47 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

It takes away from the intensity of your particular workout. It's a distraction.

2/10/2014 10:45:28 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

It's the same with music. You need to have self motivation in order to push beyond your limits.

2/10/2014 10:59:42 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

i'm a distance runner. i can spend 2 or more hours running. when i'm on the road running, there's lots of things to keep my mental stimulus up. dogs attacking, rocks in the road, a patch of ice, new scenery, etc.

when i'm at the gym staring at the same wall for two to three hours, i lack that mental stimulus. thus the television or music.

it has nothing to do with lacking motivation. it has everything to do instead with lacking mental stimulation

2/10/2014 1:30:01 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

Good point. I do distance but 5ks are where I usually place. Paula Radcliffe former world record holder of the marathon likes to count to 500 and start over. It keeps a steady but constant pace whereas you might have one song that will make you want to run faster and the next song not so much. I don't care for GPS watches because you're constantly looking at your pace. Better to run without a watch I feel and believe.

2/10/2014 1:43:39 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

But the point I am trying to make is that watching too much television is the reason why people are fat and obese for the most part. Living a sedentary lifestyle leads to health issues as I am sure you already know. You shouldn't be comfortable while working out. It is supposed to be hard and out of your comfort zone. Watching television or playing on your phone while at the gym makes no sense to me at all. Get rid of the boob tubes and get your sweat on!!!

2/10/2014 2:20:20 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

I can multi task. I can play on my cell phone while running outside just as much as I can on a treadmill.

What works for some may not work for another. If having televisions at the gym is what motivates those living a comfy sedentary lifestyle to get to the gym and get on a treadmill, so be it.

2/10/2014 6:06:46 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

Point taken. I am old school I guess. Always been working out my entire life. Been and seen a lot and just have a hard time understanding how you can put 100 percent effort into building muscle and watching Seinfeld at the same time.

2/10/2014 6:08:20 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

It's a lifestyle change that people need to choose.

2/10/2014 7:35:00 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

not everyones goal at the gym is to "build muscle"

there are some cute little old ladies that have mid-morning "walking club" at the gym. they all meet there, and motivate each other to get there, and the gym has one of the televisions turned to their favorite soap. and they all walk at an incline for the hour and watch it together.

i myself use the "bachelor" episodes as my long run days. seeing as the damn thing is like two hours long, i can put in quite a few miles whether it's running or walking.

whatever makes it work, let it.

2/13/2014 8:47:58 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

That makes a lot of sense. You're a smart cookie to put it nicely

2/14/2014 9:30:50 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
rdeffley
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,155)
San Jose, CA
36, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from badchevy4x4babe:
I'm a distance runner. When i'm at the gym staring at the same wall for two to three hours, i lack that mental stimulus. thus the television or music.

How can you spend 2-3 hrs running in place? I can see loving to run as a hobby that you're passionate about and training outside.

But if you are doing it purely for fitness, there are workouts that are far more efficient that will actually yield better results. Full body strength training for 30 min and 30 min of hill sprints will burn more overall calories with EPOC, and will do more for changing body composition. Distance runners and other endurance athletes are more prone to heart attacks because of too much duration and stress on the cardiovascular system.

2/14/2014 9:57:27 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

I've been a distance runner for years. I'm training to run a half marathon this spring and a full marathon in the fall. When it's cold and icy and snowy outside my only choice is inside on a treadmill

There are risks with everything. Whether its running or lifting or rock climbing. If you're doing what you love, what does it matter. I could have a greater risk of a heart attack by not running and eating Chinese food.

2/14/2014 12:57:49 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

It snows in Texas?

2/14/2014 1:01:25 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

i travel the midwest for work

2/14/2014 1:07:33 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

I have run about 10 half marathons give or take. My best time was 1:31:45. The key is getting in a hill day. Track work and about 60 to 80 miles a week. Treadmill running blows. You are much better off running the roads because you cannot compare treadmill running to actual real running. Not even close to compare

2/14/2014 1:48:12 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

I would like to see you get a road day in with 2 feet of snow on top of ice.

There are some days that's just not possible.

As I stated, I have been a distance runner for years, I was set back due to a car wreck and started training all over again. Im not an idiot on how to train for distance running. For you to speak at me like I'm clueless to it is really belittling.

2/14/2014 5:57:07 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

Good point. However many runners have eating disorders so they feel as if the longer they run the more calories they will burn.

2/14/2014 6:01:59 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

The reason why we have the gift of running is because a long time ago they did not have supermarkets and we would have to chase down our food. Eventually if you can maintain a pace without losing sight of the animal they tire out and you would go in for the kill. I realized this a few years back while running sprints back and forth with a dog.

2/14/2014 6:34:58 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

So now I have an eating disorder!?

2/21/2014 1:35:10 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

I disagree. When you run with your iPod on a treadmill, you can't hear your footfalls or your breathing, so you're not learning to connect those cues to your effort level. You become cut off from your running. Why should things be different on a treadmill than when you're running outside? The same positive connection to one's body can occur in any context of running, and in my opinion that is always better than having music interfere with the sensations of running and movement. I watch athletes all the time running on the treadmill and outside. Regardless of where they are, it's always the case that when they listen to music, they're almost robotic. They put on the music just to get through their workouts. If you see people working with no music, you see a much different approach. There's better focus.

2/21/2014 1:56:22 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

While that may work for you, it does not work for others.

And while you may live with your volume cranked full blast, there is a volume button you can adjust your volume so you CAN still be in tune at the same time

2/21/2014 6:11:00 PM Why do gyms have televisions?  
like2snuggle123
New Bedford, MA
41, joined Jun. 2013

Without a doubt, music can add a lot to a run. Music has the power to draw extra energy out and can make a long run fly by. I have, at times, used my shuffle on every run, but I have also gone the purist route and not listened to music on any of my runs for months on end. My take on whether or not to train with earphones is always changing.

This past week I ran a workout that I know is most important for getting me ready for a marathon: the 15 mile tempo run. For this workout I run a 20 minute easy warm up, then do some drills and strides before beginning 15 miles run at “marathon effort.” I say “marathon effort” because I live and train and 7,000 ft so “marathon effort” is usually 10-15 seconds per mile slower than “marathon pace.” The course I run is equally challenging to the Boston marathon and usually there is some wind to battle so my times may not reflect what time I can run for a marathon, but I can always make sure to run the right effort level.

As I was heading out the door to begin my tempo I was debating whether or not to grab my earphones. I decided to grab them but upon turning it on a little red light flashed at me indicating the power was close to running out. I thought to myself, well that answers that question, threw the earphones on our steps and headed out the door. In hind sight I was glad I didn’t use the earphones. I needed to practice what I want to be thinking during the Boston Marathon. If I get so used to listening to music on every run than what am I going to do with my thoughts when I am out there for 2 hours running with no music to encourage me along the way?

I think its important to be able to encourage myself without music. This doesn’t mean that I’ll never train with music but there are times when it is time to leave the Ipod at home. You can choose or you can just wait till the battery runs out.

Ryan Hall

2/22/2014 9:27:07 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
playbyalphabet
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,838)
Calabasas, CA
50, joined Sep. 2013

Ryan, there is a meg thread i will try to bump! Boston Marathonrunner - memorial

_
Gyms have televisions for three reasons:

1. So theycan play the cooking channel while ur on the elliptical or stair master (reminds me not to stay on that machine VERY long, blah, they are usually making dishes with read meat in the mornings, yick!!)

2,. So chat rats dont talk your ears off when u are stuck on a machine.

3, so u can watch pro sports while milling about in the (achem, "men's") free weight area or watch nfl games upside down from the bench press (ican lift and hold forever doing that , but basketball gets me dizzy )

2/22/2014 10:27:54 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
badchevy4x4babe
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

for safety purposes, i do not like running outside with my earphones in. i want to hear traffic and dogs and kids. i have a RoadNoise running vest that you plug your ipod or iphone in and place in the front pocket that sits just below your rib cage in this mesh vest with reflectors, while the speakers sit afront of your shoulders. produces noise i can hear, without my hearing being impaired.

2/22/2014 11:32:16 AM Why do gyms have televisions?  
playbyalphabet
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,838)
Calabasas, CA
50, joined Sep. 2013

Quote from badchevy4x4babe:
for safety purposes, i do not like running outside with my earphones in. i want to hear traffic and dogs and kids. i have a RoadNoise running vest that you plug your ipod or iphone in and place in the front pocket that sits just below your rib cage in this mesh vest with reflectors, while the speakers sit afront of your shoulders. produces noise i can hear, without my hearing being impaired.

THAT is AWESOME