Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

your secret hookup app review

I was hesitant to agree, but figured it would be short so we met at a nearby coffee shop. senior dating colorado We ve all heard our fair share of dating app horror stories. I live in Canada and was in London for a function event when a pal joked I need to try the dating app Bumble. bedpage com san antonio Instead, going for a cup of coffee is way extra enjoyable.

mega personal create account login

He had to spend further to respond as his account had just expired. escondido personals I have a graduate degree in Psychology and I ve spent the final 15 years reading and studying all I can about human psychology and sensible ways to hack our mindsets. The app enables users to locate dates by means of its advanced GPS primarily based search that can be narrowed down to specific areas. what is skout In order to bag a HVM rather than a LVM, girls will have to adhere to a strict set of guidelines such as never ever sleeping with men on the 1st date or moving in with a man prior to marriage.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/1/2014 12:51:09 PM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  
chrisbrz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,780)
Wilmette, IL
41, joined May. 2011

Many of you may be aware of the bloody mobland Valentines Day massacre during the Capone era.

But a more wicked , sinnister Valentines Day massacre preceded the gangster style one by over 5 centuries.

The original Valentines Day Massacre

On Valentine's Day 1349, the citizens of Strasbourg, Germany, rose up against the Jewish population of their city. The Chronicle of Mathias of Neuenburg describes it as follows:

"And so, on the following Saturday (February 14), the Jews were conducted to the cemetery to be burnt in a specifically prepared house. And 200 of them were completely stripped of their clothes by the mob, who found a lot of money in them. But the few who chose baptism were spared, and many beautiful women were persuaded to accept baptism, and many children were baptized after they were snatched from mothers who refused this invitation. All the rest were burnt, and many were killed as they leaped out of the fire."

This is just one of the many examples of forced baptism of Jews and Muslims under threat of massacre. Notice the specifics. The Jews were forced into a building, stripped, robbed and burned alive. Their only pathway out was through baptism and rape. As parents died, babies were taken from their mothers to be baptized.

The church condemned these practices, but if someone went into a church and was baptized, even under threat of death, it counted. Such issues led to the terrible excesses of the Spanish Inquisition in which forcibly converted Jews and Muslims were held under constant scrutiny and suspicion.

[Edited 5/1/2014 12:52:26 PM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/1/2014 1:37:22 PM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  
woodsmamma
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (32,881)
Babbitt, MN
62, joined Feb. 2009

Thank You Crisbrz, I guess when I say ,I can nearly feel my feet getting hot with some of the folks and how they go on?

You understand.

This particular incident I didn't know about just that it happened in general!!

Thanks for the good light work!!

5/1/2014 9:51:41 PM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
39, joined Apr. 2013

idk about that one. Ive been too busy the last two decades fighting the churcges with the scare tactics of be baptized or burn in hell.
conversion happens in the mind n heart. we choose Jesus to believe in him because hes greatness We chose God because hes awesome-this is conversion--not love God n belueve on his son or burn--thats not how the Twelve did it and thats not how we are too do it. free choice.
is there nightmare peeps in christianuty yup. is there in other religions n philoshies yup.
im not one of them.
you can not force God upon any, conversion is a free will action-its of the mind n heart not body.
were those baptism right in Gods eyes-accepted as someone yielding n dedicating their lives to God? no. not ever. unless as time pasted in their hearts they came to love God.

so many christians forget, in their zeal, that is a free will choice--it is loving God. we must worship him in spirit and in truth or its not acceptable.
could those people worship in spirit and in truth after being forced? its possible if their hearts came to love him but otherwise no.
it would be like if you chris-pulled the same on me, except not for religious purposes-could you scare/force/beat/threaten me to love you? you could try but unless my heart actually did-it would jst be lipservice inorder to survive.
Thank God we live in America and freedom of religion-we have free choice here.

yes Jesus said go preach the gospel n baptize in my name--<---thats all. no where did he say use gorilla tactics.
Jesus said if they will not accept then to move on<--no where in that statement does it say threaten/coerce/harrase/beat/etc.

I wonder if thats where hitler got some of his ideas from?

5/2/2014 4:04:51 AM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,475)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from cheridth2:
Jesus said if they will not accept then to move on<--no where in that statement does it say threaten/coerce/harrase/beat/etc.

Jesus said:

Luke 19 (KJV)

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

I can see Hitler using the same line ..... can't you?

Peace

5/2/2014 6:25:48 AM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  

xashax
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (49,536)
Union, NH
44, joined May. 2009

^^It's possible that Jesus intended there that his followers should not revolt in any way but remain passive under the authority of the Roman legions, even if they were very oppressive. That was the case undoubtedly under Roman rule but at the same time they also maintained order and this is undeniable.

[Edited 5/2/2014 6:26:25 AM ]

5/2/2014 6:37:54 AM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,475)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Sorry ..... but I miss your point Asha.

Peace

5/2/2014 7:51:28 AM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
39, joined Apr. 2013

the slaying comes at the last day--until then they get to run about. and not everyone who crys lord lord gets to survive it. no not saying ur gona die Sail -eternally, cuz theres always hope!! and yes as a christian-i think this way--just as you think the way you do (cheri now hiding behind bible waiting to be called ignint)

because if luke 19:27 was meant for tje here n now--well would there be anyone left? even amid the church there are those who say your not my denomination so your gona burn. lol i wuda been slayed a long time ago-baptist, pentecostal, mormon, baptist<--shoulds stayed home that day! lol ive ended where i begun! but its good to get out n visit-catholic church is always beautiful--took the kiddos there n the priest showed us tje painting n told about tje stained glass windows--he was a good history/art teacher it was nice experience.
aaaw crap cheri gona go hell now she went to the rc church!!! oh gasp!!
give me a break. i wud go to tibet n see the temples just for the historical n art factor--saying wad for something else though.

5/2/2014 12:49:09 PM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  
chrisbrz
Wilmette, IL
41, joined May. 2011

even amid the church there are those who say your not my denomination so your gona burn. lol i wuda been slayed a long time ago-baptist, pentecostal, mormon, baptist<--shoulds stayed home that day! lol ive ended where i begun! but its good to get out n visit-catholic church is always beautiful--took the kiddos there n the priest showed us tje painting n told about tje stained glass windows--he was a good history/art teacher it was nice experience. 
aaaw crap cheri gona go hell now she went to the rc church!!! oh gasp!! 
give me a break. i wud go to tibet n see the temples just for the historical n art factor--saying wad for something else though.

Well Cherdith that's similar to why some agnostics and athiest may enjoy using the forum or reading about how various scriptures were put together. (You've answered your own question from a recent thread,
of "Why nonbelievers choose to congregate here?"). We have as much,
if not more, interest in religion and it's place, history, and ramifications,
in the world as anyone else.

I also would enjoy visiting the Tibetan monastaries and have enjoyed seeing a few outstanding cathederals. There is the historocity of these things, which is also related to this OP.
I made the thread because I thought it was an important history to know and discuss and it obviously a religious topic/history.

Look at these beautiful Baha'i temples.
The architecture alone is fascinating. I'm secure enough in my views to enjoy various world outlooks.

5/2/2014 9:18:06 PM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
39, joined Apr. 2013

thats great you feel that way. im jst tired of being swatted upside the head cuz i believe as i do. sometimes it leaves a nasty knott.

im just learning the bahai--not seen any pics of their places. i like looking at others ideaology of God, fascinating what people believe n think--and it strengthens my resovle.

those poor peeps--its all boils down to free will.

5/3/2014 9:20:10 AM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  
chrisbrz
Wilmette, IL
41, joined May. 2011

Part one-
Here's a long wiki article on well known forced conversions through the ages.
Forced conversion

A forced conversion is the religious conversion or acceptance of a philosophy against the will of the subject, often with the threatened consequence of earthly penalties or harm. These consequences range from job loss and social isolation to incarceration, torture or death. It is a form of religious cleansing.

Christianity

See also: Christianization

Serbian civilians who are being forced to convert to Catholicism by the Ustaše regime stand in front of a
baptismal font in a church inGlina, July 1941

End of Roman empire

Forced conversion was a major way for theChristianization of the Roman Empire. In 392 Emperor Theodosius I decreed that Christianity was the only legal religion of the Roman Empire, and forbidding pagan practices by law:

It is Our will that all the peoples who are ruled by the administration of Our Clemency shall practice that religion which the divine Peter the Apostle transmitted to the Romans....The rest, whom We adjudge demented and insane, shall sustain the infamy of heretical dogmas, their meeting places shall not receive the name of churches, and they shall be smitten first by divine vengeance and secondly by the retribution of Our own initiative" (Codex Theodosianus XVI 1.2.).[1]

Medieval era

During the Saxon Wars, Charlemagne, King of the Franks, forcibly Roman Catholicized the Saxonsfrom their native Germanic paganism by way of warfare and law upon conquest. Examples include the Massacre of Verden in 782, during which Charlemagne reportedly had 4,500 captive Saxons massacred upon rebelling against conversion, and the Capitulatio de partibus Saxoniae, a law imposed on conquered Saxons in 785 which prescribes death to those that refuse to convert to Christianity.[2]

Pope Innocent III pronounced in 1201 that even if torture and intimidation had been employed in receiving the sacrament, one nevertheless:

...does receive the impress of Christianity and may be forced to observe the Christian Faith as one who expressed a conditional willingness though, absolutely speaking, he was unwilling. ... [For] the grace of Baptism had been received, and they had been anointed with the sacred oil, and hadparticipated in the body of the Lord, they might properly be forced to hold to the faith which they had accepted perforce, lest the name of the Lord be blasphemed, and lest they hold in contempt and consider vile the faith they had joined.[3]

From The Crusades, by Bernard Hamilton[4] “In 1309 the Teutonic Order moved its headquarters to Marienburg in Prussia. It had a papal license to wage perpetual war against the pagans and used this to launch annual crusades against Lithuania. These expeditions were very popular with the nobility of northern Europe: campaigns were held twice a year, in the summer and in the winter when the order laid on special Christmas festivities for visiting crusaders.” “The excuse for men who enjoyed fighting and to lay waste large parts of Lithuania in the name of Christ was removed in 1386 when the King of Lithuania, Jagiello, married Queen Jadwiga of Poland and received Catholic baptism. The two kingdoms were united under Christian rulers and the Teutonic Knights no longer had any justification for crusading against pagans there.”

Spanish Inquisition

After the end of the Islamic control of Spain, Muslims and Jews were expelled from Spain in 1492 and from Portugal in 1497.[5] After the Reconquista, so called "New Christians" were those inhabitants (Sephardic Jews or Mudéjar Muslims) during the Middle Ages and the Early Modern Era who were baptized under coercion and in the face of murder, becoming forced converts from Islam (Moriscos, Conversos and secret Moors) and forced converts from Judaism (Conversos, Crypto-Jews and Marranos). Then the Spanish Inquisitiontargeted primarily forced converts from Judaism who came under suspicion of either continuing to adhere to their old religion or of having fallen back into it. Jewish conversos still resided in Spain and often hiddenly (cryptically) practiced Judaism and were suspected by the "Old Christians" of beingCrypto-Jews. The Spanish Inquisition generated much wealth and income for the church and individual inquisitors by confiscating the property of the persecutees or selling them into slavery. The end of the Al-Andalus and the expulsion of the Sephardic Jews from the Iberian Peninsula went hand in hand with the increase of Spanish-Portugal influence in the world, as exemplified in the Christian conquest of the Americas and their aboriginal Indian population. The Ottoman empire, the Netherlands, and the New World absorbed much of the Jewish refugees.[6]

Cont.

5/3/2014 9:48:00 AM A horrific Valentines massacre ( the first one).  
chrisbrz
Wilmette, IL
41, joined May. 2011

Part Two-
Goa Inquisition

Main article: Goa Inquisition

Religious persecution took place by the Portuguese in Goa, India from 16th to the 17th century. The natives of Goa, most of them Hindus were subjected to severe torture and oppression by the zealous Portuguese rulers and missionaries and forcibly converted to Christianity.[7][8][9][10][11][12]

In 1567, the campaign of destroying temples in Bardez met with success. At the end of it 300 Hindu temples were destroyed. Enacting laws, prohibition was laid from December 4, 1567 on rituals of Hindu marriages, sacred thread wearing and cremation. All the persons above 15 years of age were compelled to listen to Christian preaching, failing which they were punished. In 1583, Hindu temples at Assolna and Cuncolim were destroyed through army action. "The fathers of the Church forbade the Hindus under terrible penalties the use of their own sacred books, and prevented them from all exercise of their religion. They destroyed their temples, and so harassed and interfered with the people that they abandoned the city in large numbers, refusing to remain any longer in a place where they had no liberty, and were liable to imprisonment, torture and death if they worshipped after their own fashion the gods of their fathers." wrote Filippo Sassetti, who was in India from 1578 to 1588. An order was issued in June 1684 for suppressing the Konkani language and making it compulsory to speak the Portuguese language. The law provided for dealing toughly with anyone using the local language. Following that law all the non-Christian cultural symbols and the books written in local languages were sought to be destroyed.[13]

Methods such as repressive laws, demolition of temples and mosques, destruction of holy books, fines and the forcible conversion of orphans were used.[14]

Native American boarding schools

The government paid religious societies to provide education to Native American children on reservations. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) founded additional American Indian boarding schools based on the assimilation model of the Carlisle Indian Industrial School.

Children were usually immersed in European-American culture through appearance changes with haircuts, were forbidden to speak their native languages, and traditional names were replaced by new European-American names. The experience of the schools was often harsh, especially for the younger children who were separated from their families. In numerous ways, they were encouraged or forced to abandon their Native American identities and cultures.[15] The number of Native American children in the boarding schools reached a peak in the 1970s, with an estimated enrollment of 60,000 in 1973. Especially through investigations of the later twentieth century, there have been many documented cases of sexual, physical and mental abuse occurring at such schools.[16][17] Since those years, tribal nations have increasingly insisted on community-based schools and have also founded numerous tribally controlled colleges. Community schools have also been supported by the federal government through the BIA and legislation. The largest boarding schools have closed. In some cases, reservations or tribes were too small or poor to support independent schools and still wanted an alternative for their children, especially for high school. By 2007, the number of Native American children in boarding schools had declined to 9,500.