Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

what is rubmaps

The initially feature, location, makes recommendations from us to you a little hard. nebraska singles chat com brings out the sense of adventure in me! The website is so effortless to use and the possibility of meeting someone from another culture that relates to me is basically thrilling. The app was initially supposed to match you primarily based on mutual buddies you had by means of social media platforms. mongolian dating app So if you do not want to talk to someone, you can block them with 1 click.

listcrawler.com

But just before we even sit down, she gets a text from a volleyball teammate who had just been at her practice or game or whatever. best place to meet singles in kelowna But you will need to be explicit and honest about where you reside early on—and you need to have to be willing to put in the effort to drive out to see the men and women you are meeting. OESC will then make contact with the employers listed on the operate search documentation to confirm the work search activity. flat chested asian teen Even though single life is fun for a although, being in enjoy is anything special it is no wonder that a third of Americans are now turning to dating sites to discover it.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/4/2014 10:44:39 PM Ready to lose the weight after a back injury! Need help!  

angelsinstl
Collinsville, IL
48, joined Mar. 2013

Long story short, was in a bad car wreck about 6 years ago, resulting in 2 ruptured discs, a third that is herniated and a lumbar tear all below L7. After a 2 week hospital stay, I was still barely able walk for the first 6 months (had to actually use a walker) resulting in gaining about 45 lbs that first year!!

Well... I finally got the okay from my back doc to start exercising, but am really struggling to find something that does not KILL my back!!

Basically I can't stand or walk more than about 30 mins before buckling over (yes, this is ANY activity... I REALLY miss hiking)!! As my doctor has told me (and I'm smart enough to know naturally), losing the weight and strengthening my core will HELP my back!! But, I definitely can't do sit ups of any sort... I've been doing what little of my P90X stretching and yoga CD's, but I push myself too hard (as always) and I REALLY pay for it the next day... which of course makes me SKIP that day!! lol

I've cut my calories down to 1500 per day and am taking DB1 Goddess pills... Lost about 20 lbs the first month, but seem to have hit a plateau with JUST the calories and supplements so I MUST figure out a way to add some exercise to the list!! Any help or advice would be awesome!! I'm REALLY ready to have my 'pre-crash' body back and reclaim my goddessness!!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/5/2014 11:51:53 AM Ready to lose the weight after a back injury! Need help!  
badchevy4x4babe
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,800)
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

Wow! What a journey! Here is my advice, I was in a similar situation although not so severe.

Basic guidelines, do not go BELOW 1400 net calories. That is your food intake minus your exercise.

Be sure to be eating healthy enough to be taking in enough proteins vitamins and minerals to rebuild and repair your muscles as you push them.

Swimming, water aerobics, and water exercises are good options to relieve the gravitational pull or non-water activities.

I don't know if it is just being on your feet that bothers you or not, but there are plenty of exercises you can do from a seated position. Resistance bands, light weights, etc. while they don't necessarily TARGET your core, they will help get you started.

For your unique situation however, I do recommend you consult with a physical therapist, specialized trainer, etc to figure out a workout regime. There is no one-plan-fits-all. Back injuries are so diverse. And their care is so critical. My car insurance from the claim paid for me to visit with a rehab trainer.

5/5/2014 12:15:40 PM Ready to lose the weight after a back injury! Need help!  
josecuervosilv
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,882)
Downey, CA
42, joined Jun. 2010

If you can't move your back much, you might want to do squats going down to a little below sitting on an imaginary chair with no weight to start off. This can work your core isometrically, or by tensing it(as you're descending) but not moving it much. When you're ready to progress from no weight, you can move on to light dumbbells, then progressively heavier ones over time. If you can only do a few sets of these, try uphill walking on a treadmill afterward to get a little more exercise in.

And yeah, if you can't do these, consult a physical therapist.

[Edited 5/5/2014 12:18:36 PM ]

5/5/2014 5:19:36 PM Ready to lose the weight after a back injury! Need help!  
josecuervosilv
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,882)
Downey, CA
42, joined Jun. 2010

Just remembered, poster badboy here is in physical therapy. He might have some good recommendations.

5/5/2014 11:09:34 PM Ready to lose the weight after a back injury! Need help!  

angelsinstl
Collinsville, IL
48, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from josecuervosilv:
Just remembered, poster badboy here is in physical therapy. He might have some good recommendations.

Thanks Jose... I'll see if I can find him and message him directly!! I actually do a LOT of squats just on a day to day basis because of my back... I've become very conscience of that 'lift with your legs' thing since my accident!! LOL But I had not really considered the core/balance conditioning that comes with squats... and I have really strong legs so that is certainly a viable option!! Thanks!!

@chevybabe (sorry you're names really long!! LOL)

I'd LOVE to swim but don't have a place close to me that I can go to... but did think about that for cardio!! The standing thing is really an issue... seems to be the continuous pressure on the vertebrae when I stand up straight that's the culprit since my issue is really low in the small of my back, cause when I squat down(buckle over)and stretch the curve in my lower back the opposite way... it relieves the pressure and feels better almost instantly!! The resistance band could be something that would work cause I could do a lot of exercises laying down... certainly gonna give that a shot and those are cheap!! I don't have access to a stationary bike or something to that affect... may go try it out on one of those "free 3-5 day trial" memberships I'm always seeing!!

I went through a ton of physical therapy in the beginning... but at this point insurance will not pay for any more - both my doctor and I agreed that until I was in pain more often than not, I would avoid the surgery cause it only has a 50/50 shot of helping (plus it scares me to death, I've heard stories going in both directions; the 'best and worst thing ever').

I'm actually pretty lucky in the fact that most of the time I'm okay... I mean my back aches most of the time... but I'm only in real PAIN a few times a month if I take it easy and am not pushing myself... which I sadly do way too much!! lol I've learned to live within the limitations of my back issues for the most part and feel that exercising and losing the weight is certainly something I should be able to 'work in' as well... I just have to find the optimal blend - which may mean some painful TRY's!!

If I can't work out something on my own that produces results, I may sign up for some specialized training session... but I'm sure that's expensive and I'm on a pretty tight budget - may be worth looking into though!!

Thanks for the tips and help guys... really appreciate it.

5/6/2014 1:57:08 AM Ready to lose the weight after a back injury! Need help!  
badchevy4x4babe
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,800)
Fort Worth, TX
29, joined May. 2011

I don't mean anything I am about to say in a negative way so please don't take anything that way.

Spinal health is crucial. You know this. I know this. These accidents are tremendous burdens, especially financially. I cut corners in my recovery that insurance didn't cover or only covered so many times, and a year later am revisiting those treatments but with aggravation from not addressing them when needed. Please take this into consideration. One consult/training session now could very well save you from doing something maybe even very minimal that will derail your entire progress thus far. Is that a risk you're willing to take? You've come so far and sound like you're generally able to cope and live for the most part very normally albeit with modifications. Do you want to go backwards? Do you want to mess something up to the point where surgery then becomes your only option? And we both know the scary and mostly unfavorable odds at that.

Food for thought.

I wish I would have done things differently, I'm paying the price now, literally, and twofold because I'm having to undo damage I've caused on top of correcting the underlying issue.

5/6/2014 9:40:24 AM Ready to lose the weight after a back injury! Need help!  

badboy4goodgrl
Orlando, FL
55, joined Jan. 2010

Good morning,
sent you an email to your profile, since my background is in Physical therapy, and i do offer personalized weight loss programs based on science, I believe I can help you reach your goals