Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

male hookup sites

You can either pick out the like or pass the profile. 100 free brazilian dating sites This indicates that the web site is geared towards spontaneous hookups, but it is also appropriate for these that do not like to commit a lot of time browsing about. There are emoticons, winks, and stickers to improve the chatting practical experience. is pof a hookup site Foreigners have a great benefit in China, becoming absolutely free of some of the social norms that constrain Chinese.

free adult hookup sites

Pick up linescan be a terrific way to break the ice, but you don t want to waste all your time on superficial pleasantries. sacramento area dating sites If a woman swipes on a man and he swipes on her as effectively, it s a match. Enable us maintain this coverage going with a 1 time donation or an ongoing membership pledge. doublelist little rock ar THIS IS AN Lawyer ADVERTISEMENT.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/9/2014 1:55:09 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

1. Stay
2. Go
3. We should wait until`all the facts are known

Retired US Army General Eric Shinseki now heads the VA. He also was the former Army Chief of Staff. By most accounts he's done some amazing work at the VA, shortening waiting periods for claims, digitized all the records (formerly paper files)etc.
Now a CCN report has surfaced claiming between 23 and 40 vets have died over recent years (in Arizona, Georgia and other states) while awaiting treatment at VA hospitals.
It is also being reported that some VA Centers have doctored records to enhance their actual performance in order to qualify for pay bonuses for employees. Shinseki will testify before Congress next week and says he has no intention of retiring and serves as Se4cretary at the pleasure of the President.
This man has a long record of faithful service to America both in and out of uniform and is tasked to over see a massive agency that serves millions of veterans and provides needed healthcare services.
I dont use the VA even though I qualified.I have private insurance and Medicare and believe the VA should be available to those who need and deserve it.....so what do you think? Should he be asked to step down ? Or is it too soon to know?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/9/2014 3:08:45 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

bier95
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,740)
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

I for one say stay for now. I never believe every thing that is on the news.

5/9/2014 4:31:37 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Well Im with you bier.I talk to lots of guys who use the VA and generally speaking they say it has really improved its services even as the pool of veterans eligible is growing dramatically and the VA budget is being threatened.
People die ,its natural and inevitable.I dont want to ever think that any eligible vet died because of neglect or bureaucracy- but as happens so many times theres more to the story.If someone waited to long to seek treatment, if their death was caused by advanced disease or their own lifestyle such as chronic alcohol use, a lifetime of smoking, or drug use I cant see putting the blame on the VA.We all make choices, sometimes we make the wrong ones.Hell I have and I know someday it will catch up to me-and when it does it will be on me! Thanks!

5/9/2014 7:02:17 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

gdaddy47
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,373)
Columbia, TN
69, joined Sep. 2009

I've had superb service at the VA in Nashville. They took care of me when I had a heart blockage. Stint and I felt like a new man. Ears blown out so now I have the latest in hearing aids coming. Everything they have done for me is first rate. I have seen some professional whiner there and I have laughed at them also.

5/9/2014 7:14:31 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

I know a lot of Americans (and vets ) dont like the CIC (BHO). Thats just how it goes no matter which party is in power. But Shinseki has served in uniform beginning with Vietnam and rose to the rank of General.He was Army Chief of Staff.I think he has nothing but the best interests in his heart for our military and vets and is doing his best to correct a huge bureaucracy in a politically cut throat and polarized environment. Im going to stay in his corner until I see evidence that this "scandal" isnt just another tar and feathering by those determined to find "pepper in fly shit" and make sensational "news" for the sake of TV ratings and to further their own careers.

5/9/2014 7:14:59 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Thats my vote!

5/9/2014 7:37:24 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,851)
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

i despise all of the news outlets. cnn in is my favorite but it's not unlike my favorite idiot is denis rodman. he's just as much the idiot as anybody but he entertains me and cnn does have carol costello on in the morning when i watch. yeow, is she hot or what?

like most things in life, i'll go with my experience and my experience with the va has been nothing but favorable.

5/10/2014 8:09:41 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

1irving
Over 1,000 Posts (1,978)
Ruskin, FL
56, joined Mar. 2013

There is a learning curve with know how to get care from the VA. It is unfortunate that some people die before figuring out the system. "If you are not cheating, you're not trying."

5/10/2014 10:37:51 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Thats kind of where Im coming from 1irving. We dont know the medical history of any of these alleged deaths or the real circumstances surrounding it.Of the guys I know who use the VA they have relied on it for a long time and have figured out how to get the treatment they need . But if somebody hasnt been using it, shows up and wants care they may have to wait a while simply because of the enormity of the patient caseload at some facilities and likely its a systemic budgetary problem. Depending on your area the number of patients at any time could easily exceed capacity of the resources to meet the need. So before Shinseki is forced out just to quiet the media the real problems of funding should be looked at. If that happens Im betting the same bunch of jackals in Congress calling for his head with shut up.....they have voting records and likely wont want the deeper story here to turn on them! JMHO

[Edited 5/10/2014 10:39:31 AM ]

5/10/2014 12:13:27 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Ive been reading a lot about this issue/scandal or whatever and all Im seeing is people on different political sides lining up to use it to their advantage. I think that does a huge disservice to veterans and doesn't correct the problem! I really haven't heard (or read) many alternatives or concrete ways to remedy the problem.
So D*ckie has one to offer, hell, if I was younger Id run for office....
A qualified veteran shows up at a VA facility in need of treatment. Instead of facing delays and a waiting period that might exacerbate the condition or further deterioration of health he/she is quickly diagnosed and receives a authorization form that is sent to the hospital (or doctor ) of his/her choice. The VA negotiates with various health care providers a national network and the rates for these kind of patients so the veteran pays nothing and he or she gets the needed medical attention when it is needed and the delays are eliminated. Huh? Why not?

[Edited 5/10/2014 12:15:11 PM ]

5/10/2014 12:25:36 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

bier95
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

I have used the local hospital here several times. The VA has always picked up the tab. The Va hospital is 130 miles away and most times they have no room for anyone, It's a 5 state hospital. To get in the VA hospital here takes up to 6 months sometimes longer.
The last operation I had at the VA, they replaced a broken screw in my left leg and sent me home telling me to stay off of it for a week. Yep right, drove home and went to work the next night. No one here to take care of me while I lay on my A** for a week. I just took some pain pills and keep on going.

[Edited 5/10/2014 12:26:48 PM ]

5/10/2014 1:38:39 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Thats what Im talking about bier.Its sort of the same model as Tricare that military personnel and their dependents use.We are looking at something like 2 million vets over the last 10 years, a lot of those will need medical attention for the rest of their lives. If the system is this strained now its only going to get worse, so there needs to be a back-up for the overflow thats going to come.

5/12/2014 3:15:28 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
pandeist
Traverse City, MI
68, joined Nov. 2013

Good guy; I say stay.

5/12/2014 5:15:18 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Im with you pandi! The American Legion came out right away calling for his scalp.But hell, those REMFs dont know the facts`, nobody does. They are a pack of right wing jackals whose knee jerk response to every situation is to denounce, bomb somebody or take some ears!
I used to be in the Legion and but now Im lifetime VFW. Its political also, but more moderate in its vitriol and condemnations. This is a good man trying to reform a broken agency and facing a Congress that waves the flag and then cuts veterans benefits. He has a life of faithful and loyal military service in uniform and as a civilian. Is something wrong? Bet your ass.But I bet he didnt know and it was going on long before he took the job!

5/15/2014 3:39:37 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

k_klix
Over 1,000 Posts (1,431)
Colorado Springs, CO
32, joined Mar. 2014

I say go. Not only is the VA care system completely f**ked, but the monetary waste is just horrific.

5/15/2014 8:43:00 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

where's the monetary waste, klix?

5/15/2014 10:06:58 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

k_klix
Over 1,000 Posts (1,431)
Colorado Springs, CO
32, joined Mar. 2014

This sort of funny money accounting must stop, and will no longer be tolerated, especially in today’s tight fiscal climate. Without a doubt, this appears to be a systemic problem at VA, and using the figures based in today’s report, it can be reasonably concluded that 10-15 percent of VA’s conference spending is wasteful, amounting to $10-15 million a year, at the least. I am calling on VA to review these findings, and take appropriate action, especially at the senior management level.” -- Rep. Jeff Miller, Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) today released its final findings on its investigation of possible improper expenditures and abuses by government employees at two VA human resources conferences held last year in Orlando, Florida. The cost of the two conferences were determined to be $6.1 million.

Final findings include:

$6.1 million was spent on the two Human Resources conferences in Orlando, not $5.1 million as previously stated by VA.
VA employees improperly accepted gifts including room upgrades, meals, limousine services, golf, spa services, helicopter rides, and tickets for the Rockettes.
Contract violations and lack of oversight led to excessive costs and illegal or wasteful expenditures.
There was inappropriate use of government purchase cards
$97,906 VA spent on promotional items (including bags, pens, water bottles, and exercise bands) were determined to unnecessary and wasteful.

5/15/2014 11:25:44 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
brockster46
Collingswood, NJ
70, joined May. 2013

5/15/2014 11:52:50 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
brockster46
Collingswood, NJ
70, joined May. 2013

5/16/2014 8:47:03 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
69, joined Sep. 2009

No one is going to listen to a 25 minute video. No one

5/16/2014 9:12:20 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

k_klix
Over 1,000 Posts (1,431)
Colorado Springs, CO
32, joined Mar. 2014

I can't even see the videos.

5/16/2014 9:25:05 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Brock is a headcase. Dont bother. He posted videos of himself sitting in his bathroom on the shitter wearing dress greens and making wild rants previously. I think he gets off his medications and has some kind of delirium.

5/18/2014 12:05:08 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
txdee44
San Antonio, TX
54, joined May. 2012

I've had my run ins with the VA, and my mom retired from there. If he is that clueless about his own organization he should go. Actually I can't listen to the news stories it makes my blood boil....LOL In my experience, "scheduling" is only the tip of the iceberg...I wouldn't want anyone to have to deal with those people.

[Edited 5/18/2014 12:07:47 AM ]

5/18/2014 8:31:46 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

hey, here's a thought. if you don't like the care you get from the va go elsewhere for your health care.

5/18/2014 10:34:29 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

bier95
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

^^^^^^^^ this

5/20/2014 11:44:54 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
pandeist
Traverse City, MI
68, joined Nov. 2013

Exactly!

5/20/2014 12:09:13 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Am I the only vet who has noticed that the guys who whine and cry the most did the least and expect the most handouts?
I want the VA to serve the deserving and needy- not the greedy!

5/20/2014 12:17:21 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

you're not alone, whiskey. the whiners always seem to be looking for someone to blame for their miseries while never doing anything but b*tch. lead, follow or shut the f**k up and get the hell out of the way.

5/20/2014 2:58:16 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Im with you jrbogie. I get so tired of these guys who spent 2 or 3 years in the service ,never were actually in combat and go around hating because they think everybody owes them something.
I enlisted.I got paid every month.I was wounded twice but I got my arms and legs and half a brain.Nobody owes me anything.
I came home, went to work and earned two pensions plus social security that I paid into for decades.In our day that's what you did.
We have some troops now needing medical care and they earned it.I want it to be` there for them.But I'll be damned if some dude who rode around in a boat for four years or another clown who never did a damn thing and claims he has PTSD because the coffee was cold should be ahead of them in line--and thats whats happening!

5/20/2014 6:01:18 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
pandeist
Traverse City, MI
68, joined Nov. 2013

America's newest veterans are filing for disability benefits at a historic rate, claiming to be the most medically and mentally troubled generation of former troops the nation has ever seen.

A staggering 45% of the 1.6 million veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are now seeking compensation for injuries they say are service-related. That is more than double the estimate of 21% who filed such claims after the Gulf War in the early 1990s, top government officials told the Associated Press.
What's more, these new veterans are claiming eight to nine ailments on average, and the most recent ones over the last year are claiming 11 to 14.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-05-28/veteran-disability/55250092/1

A national disgrace, I say. When did committing fraud cease to be a crime?

5/21/2014 8:17:22 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Again pandi! You are spot on! A lot of these guys claims are people looking for a handout.Its got a lot to do with clogging the VA system and sucking resources out of it that should be going to the truly needy. Pisses me off.

5/21/2014 9:18:18 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Heres how I see it pandi. In Iraq and Afghanistan combined about 2 1/2 million troops (all branches have served. Between those wars just over 6,600 have been killed. In Vietnam about 2.59 million served. Over 58k were killed and well over 300k were wounded. As of Sept 2013 about 1.6 million Iraq and Aghanistan military have transitioned to civilian life and of those 860,000 are using the VA! Additionally of that number over 670,000 have been awarded disability status with over 1000,000 claims pending as of November! The VA has seen over 270,000 of these vets claiming to suffer from PTSD and of those 150k are getting compensation for it!
I read all this searching the Dept of Veterans Affairs website...as well as the McClatchey news.This system will collapse unless someone starts standing up for those veterans in need of medical care and deserving of compensation and the malingerers are flushed out.

5/21/2014 7:20:32 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

artist820
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,463)
Tehachapi, CA
60, joined Jan. 2013

It's not his fault.

5/22/2014 5:59:43 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

1irving
Over 1,000 Posts (1,978)
Ruskin, FL
56, joined Mar. 2013

"Too many chiefs, not enough Indians" my mom would say. My clinic is empty after lunch, the staff hang out behind the counter and BS. They do not even pretend to work. I have found, if I need a minor service, I go to urgent care at my VA. They are not busy, and if you are very nice, keep eye contact, the staff will help you. Last time I was there I needed a toe corn cut. When active, my company medic would do it with a disposable scalpel. TODAY I have to wait two months for a visit with my "Primary Care" doctor to wait 3 months to see a podiatrist. "If you are not cheating, your are not trying." Unfortunately, in many cases, there is a learning curve to find care at the VA. Forums like this with helping people who come here are very helpful to those who need help.

5/22/2014 8:05:23 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

recently had my every two year visit to the eye doctor. seems cateracts in my left eye has worsened to the point that glasses will no longer work and my right eye has maybe a couple years to go at best. they're scheduling me for surgery in sacramento. pretty easy, straight forward procedure that takes about fifteen minutes per eye. they'll do the left first and say i might as well get the right done soon after just to get it out of the way. hoping i can do without glasses but he tells me i'll likely still need some correction for reading. can't wait to get er done.

5/22/2014 9:06:21 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

jrbogie.I had cataracts removed about 3 years ago.Piece of cake! I had one eye done then about 2 weeks later the other. I actually didnt even know I had them until I went in for a eye exam and the Doc told me!!!

5/22/2014 11:02:00 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

yeah my dr has been telling me for years it's coming. what i don't understand now is if we knew it was coming why didn't we get er done years ago. just renewed my driver license and maybe could have passed without the requirement to drive with glasses. oh well. life could be worse.

5/23/2014 11:39:34 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

fosplicer
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,507)
Dallas, GA
56, joined May. 2009

Gen. Shinseki, has done a great job of turning the VA Juggernaut around, but like any government entity it's taken on a life of it's own and it takes time to turn around.
The system is overburdened, there have been a lot of tremendous improvements in the Atlanta Hospital. But I chose to pick up the insurance at work. mainly for the kids.

5/23/2014 1:40:45 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Thats kind of where Im coming from fosplicer. I don't see how this system as it exists keeps up with the demand for care.
We have medicare-seniors use the private facilities and those are reimbursed for services based on rates the government negotiates.Military families and personnel use TriCare which is pretty similar.So why should vets wait 120 days for services that the market place can provide? And why is the system being strapped by claims that are not combat related or service connected?
The cliche that we "owe" veterans health care for life is BS. We do owe it to those truly deserving and who sustained real wounds or conditions that are attributable to their time in uniform. The VA is the second largest bureaucracy in federal government, second only to Defense. Its time to get a better model and really reconsider how it operates.
I was wounded twice. After my ETS I never used the VA, I was treated while in uniform and that was it. I want the VA to be in place for the damaged and suffering, not by freeloaders and fakes looking for compensation for made up maladies!

5/23/2014 10:29:03 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

fosplicer
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,507)
Dallas, GA
56, joined May. 2009

i agree sir! The priority should be something like this, 1st combat wounds, 2. combat related (ie; injuries sustained while in country. Then those that served but can't afford medical care but they should still have to kick in with what they can afford.

5/24/2014 9:14:20 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

fosplicer I guess what bothers me most is all these politicians calling for Gen. Shinseki's head and waving the flag for veterans and then voting against doing anything for our troops and their families! Its so fake. None of them are offering solutions or doing a damn thing to resolve the problems at the VA, they just want to get on TV and be seen as "protecting" vets....such BS.

5/24/2014 10:19:06 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

1irving
Over 1,000 Posts (1,978)
Ruskin, FL
56, joined Mar. 2013

The VA is a lot like an aircraft carrier. It cannot turn around in a short time without some help from tug boats. I don't know who or how the VA will receive this help.

5/24/2014 8:21:10 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

i don't see a turnaround as necessary. just need to replace a few sailors and all ahead flank.

5/25/2014 7:31:52 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Smartest guy Ive heard speak on this so far is Medal of Honor recipient Col. Jack Jacobs.He was on MSNBC and basically said what Ive been stating.Open up the private system to vets just like TriCare and Medicare is and negotiate the prices for treatment and care within those existing networks and have the government pick up the tab. Pretty practical solution.
Then the VA facilities can focus on combat wounded and service connected patients.

5/25/2014 8:16:32 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

i consider myself the smartest guy ever to speak on this and i say somebody needs to just figure it all out and don't forget to to remind me of my next appointment.

5/25/2014 8:51:26 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Well I think you are pretty damn smart also!

5/29/2014 6:59:52 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

newlady2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,595)
Goldsboro, NC
78, joined Apr. 2008

Jes a Laffin at Jr.. Cant help myself .. *L

5/30/2014 10:24:57 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Well those chickenshits got Shinseki's head today. He's taking the fall for the mistakes of others that has accumulated over decades.
Now those carping cowards in Congress most of who never wore the uniform can beat their chests and go back to raising money from their rich contributors and wait for the next opportunity to throw mud and point fingers while not doing a damn thing to fix the real problems facing veterans!

5/30/2014 10:53:29 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

cowboy4672
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,195)
Lillian, AL
69, joined Dec. 2012

I hope the pres. appoints John Boehner to Head the committee to clean up the mess!!

Make the head GOP responsible, and all the repub blockers of Veterans bills will have to get off the Pot!!

5/30/2014 1:46:39 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Cowboy.I would like to see McCain or "Colonel" Lindsay Graham nominated by the President.Both would run from the job! Shinseki is a patriot. He served two tours in Vietnam and was wounded. He is a West Pont grad, and a disabled vet himself.He was commanding General of the 1st Cav for god-sake.He was Army Chief of Staff and then VA Secretary. The VA has over 300,000 employees and most of them dont deliver health care.Instead they fill bureaucratic paper pushing slots and thats a big problem The actual medical professionals delivering health care are qualified and caring people.The problem with the VA runs deep and has for decades. Meanwhile two wars that each lasted over 11 years have dumped enormous numbers of combat wounded and service connected patients on the system- not to mention the ones trying to file claims for PTSD ,man yof whom just are looking for compensation.
I would like to see the VA reorganized and only provide its services to combat wounded, retired vets and service connected conditions. Any other eligible veteran should open a file, prove his/her eligibility and be directed into the existing healthcare networks being accessed by TriCare and Medicare at government expense, at rates negotiated by VA when appropriate.

5/30/2014 1:55:40 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

well, whiskey i wasn't wounded in combat, didn't retire from the military and my service connected condition is ringing in my ears which nobody can do anything about so let me be the first to say your idea sucks.

5/30/2014 3:47:12 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

No bogie. It doesnt. What Im saying is you would still get your care done but at a private hospital at government expense right where you live-less delay and quality care just like TriCare (you do know what it is dont ya)....Rather the VA medical system would prioritize and handle combat wounded, service connected and retirees...now suck on that before you post again...you're smarter than to insult me for giving a comment that is now making the rounds as the only way to resolve an epidemic of claims and systemic failure to manage them.

5/30/2014 7:13:14 PM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

cowboy4672
Lillian, AL
69, joined Dec. 2012

You see your suggestion is just what is required now by the VA and government.
The problem is not with eligibility or overwhelming numbers......The problem is the system is managed in a way that once hired you can not be fired.
Great for job security, but it has led to incompetents remaining in the management system and those that really care becoming so frustrated they leave.
Congress established the rules for firing, Give me the authority to fire and replace, and I would clean house in one year!!
I walked through the VA hospital and can tell you that at least 50% of the offices are devoid of Doctors/nurses. Not because there aren't any Doctors, But Because they didn't have anybody scheduled.

Scheduling by the VA is not new, My father (WWII wounded Vet) waited so long he gave up and only went to civilian clinics/doctors. That was 20 years ago.

5/31/2014 7:42:09 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

i never insult people, whisky. i only insult what people post.

5/31/2014 9:04:17 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Cowboy I agree that incompetent people should be fired. Theres a lot of bureaucratic featherbedding throughout government and well over 300,000 people employed by VA alone.I would love to know how many of those actually provide health care services!

5/31/2014 10:04:32 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
69, joined Sep. 2009

D*ckie, JR didn't insult you he just disagreed with you so don't you get your panties in a wad. He thinks your idea sucks. So?
Now what are some thoughts on what should be done about the VA. I have never had a problem with them. I do think compensation for a lot of soldiers shouldn't be awarded. PTSD for soldiers who never heard a shot fired in anger!?! I have talked to soldiers getting out who are getting PTSD compensation for nothing. This one dude told me he was a truck mechanic and was never in combat. Well he's getting 10% for PTSD. Total BS. I think it's time for soldiers to be allowed to go to their own doctors for SERVICE RELATED things at the government's expense. No more extravagant conventions and no more bonuses for failure. Sounds like car manufacturers giving top people bonuses for failure as seen with the need to take bail-outs

5/31/2014 10:41:53 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

newlady2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,595)
Goldsboro, NC
78, joined Apr. 2008

Butting in cos I feel lost ------we lost another Vet last night- he also worked at our base pharmacy-- It seems like we are losing too many too fast... Or mayb e its just me.. OK I will hush and get me a coffee . Damnit!!

5/31/2014 10:42:33 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

gdaddy.I think before you ridicule someone elses idea( "your idea sucks") you should have one of your own.Its clear that the VA has problems-it has for decades.I posted earlier in this thread how much the demand for care has increased.Vietnam vets, especially those with Agent Orange and deserving treatment are using the VA. Of the 2.5 NEW vets from Iraq and Afghanistan 860,000 of those are now accessing VA.Among those 270,000 have filed for "PTSD" claims and 150k are getting checks for it! Really?
In my view the VA needs to be reorganized to address the medical needs of (1) combat wounded (2) service connected (3) retired members. All other medical claims should go through a rigorous evaluation and be channeled into the existing networks established nation wide that service Medicare and TriCare.The VA would be responsible for negotiating the prices and paying for treatment when appropriate.
As far as Im concerned I served 3 years.The government doesnt owe me health care for life even though I have two Purple Hearts (and qualify for the VA).I got paid every month.Ive been out of the service for over 40 years.The government owes me nothing!

5/31/2014 10:57:59 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

cowboy4672
Lillian, AL
69, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from whiskeyrichard1:
Cowboy I agree that incompetent people should be fired. Theres a lot of bureaucratic featherbedding throughout government and well over 300,000 people employed by VA alone.I would love to know how many of those actually provide health care services!

From my experience and just looking, it appears it takes 4 people to schedule an appointment.

They have got to have the hardest computer to operate in the world????/

They have no system for calling for fill ins when a scheduled appointment is cancelled.

No Shows, are a big problem. At my clinic about 2 out of ten were "No Shows!" That is Vets screwing over Vets..................
Have the decency to cancel, and give another the place in line!!

5/31/2014 11:49:56 AM Gen Eric Shinseki VA Secretary- Stay or Go?  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

an idea to fix something that ain't broke sucks. especially when it's gumnent doin' the fixin' with taxpayer dollars.