Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapwrsonals

I ve had plenty of excellent hits on Zoosk, but for one purpose or a different I could not follow through. personal adverts birmingham Your buddy ought to get fantastic at giving newbies enjoyable and protected initially experiences sailing. And to say the least, the dating scene right here is pretty unique from what I am employed to Get and give suggestions on how to write to a excellent dating profile. doublelist grand rapids The subject ‘Thinking about starting on the net dating.

usasexguide alternative

Make your own dating questions game by exploring 77 funny to individual inquiries to ask your potential date. denver colorado classifieds It is extremely vague amd doesn t pressure them into giving an instant answer, however it shows that your intention is to meet up, not to have a new pen pal. Instead of you waiting them to maintain the chat going why do not you hold it going. what do the symbols on pof mean To assistance those affected by Australia s devastating bushfire crisis, you can donate to the Australian Red Cross disaster relief and recovery fund.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/17/2014 3:45:25 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

texasgirl_1978
Over 1,000 Posts (1,014)
Grapevine, TX
39, joined Sep. 2013

Do you think a woman asking a man to marry them is a good idea? How long would you date a man before you asked him to marry you? Or is it better to wait for the man to ask you to marry him?

Just looking for opinions. It was brought up in a conversation with a friend about me asking my boyfriend Eric to marry me. I have never been married or engaged.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/17/2014 3:52:50 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

xashax
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (49,536)
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

No I wouldn't do it. It just seems to smack of desperation. I feel a man should make the first move in that respect whether it is to propose marriage or an expectation of exclusivity in the case of a relationship.

5/17/2014 7:23:27 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
65, joined Dec. 2013

Yes. I've also seen recently that women are buying engagement rings for their men. I think after six months of dating is appropriate.

5/17/2014 10:09:54 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

Six months? That's too damn soon to get engaged or married. People always in a rush for things like this and then they have regrets on the relationship or marriage because they don't really know the person.

5/17/2014 10:25:15 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
does_he_exsist
Springfield, VA
40, joined Jan. 2013

I wouldn't ask a man to marry me but there are some cases where it might be okay. Especially if the woman is more dominant.

5/18/2014 1:55:31 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
tall_xl_bbw
Saint Louis, MO
98, joined Feb. 2014

I think it depends on the kind of guy I was with. If I know he is shy about asking that type of stuff, or maybe he just is passive, then I would not mind asking. But I would most definitely like a man to ask me. Doubt it would ever happen though.

5/18/2014 6:04:06 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

aladytoo
Over 2,000 Posts (2,746)
Monroe, WI
61, joined Apr. 2006

This day and age some woman tend to hand the cake out to willingly.So odds are why would a man ask for marriage,because they have their cake and eating it.

Marriage is something 2 people agree on,that has been talked about willing between both people.I'm very tradition so I wouldn't ask the man.I would get his views early in the relationship,to know if he is for marriage.I believe in marriage,never been a liberal dater.
But wise not to make mistakes,on the playground.

5/18/2014 6:25:41 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
deneez
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,068)
Rochester, MI
58, joined Apr. 2012

I think the question is cute, and Texas just might believe she's found her true love and we do know you want to get married. Answer: no

Regarding all the good answers already posted as to 'why' I can only add it would blow my idea of the fairy tale Prince Charming, and why not have a little fairy tale of one's own?

I like the traditional role.

5/18/2014 10:42:36 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

packersbabe920
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (96,420)
Green Bay, WI
52, joined Jul. 2013

No, I wouldn't want to ask a man to marry me, I figure if I'm marry material then he needs to ask me when he's ready, I would say a year cause that given us both the time to know each other and we won't be in a rush or hurry

5/18/2014 10:45:06 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

packersbabe920
Green Bay, WI
52, joined Jul. 2013

Quote from aladytoo:
This day and age some woman tend to hand the cake out to willingly.So odds are why would a man ask for marriage,because they have their cake and eating it.

Marriage is something 2 people agree on,that has been talked about willing between both people.I'm very tradition so I wouldn't ask the man.I would get his views early in the relationship,to know if he is for marriage.I believe in marriage,never been a liberal dater.
But wise not to make mistakes,on the playground.

Love your answer to.. and have some alady

5/18/2014 10:48:22 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

packersbabe920
Green Bay, WI
52, joined Jul. 2013

Quote from packersbabe920:
No, I wouldn't want to ask a man to marry me, I figure if I'm marry material then he needs to ask me when he's ready, I would say a year cause that given us both the time to know each other and we won't be in a rush or hurry

Also discuss it appropriately.

5/18/2014 11:20:10 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
browneyes0621
Las Cruces, NM
37, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from azazel4:
Six months? That's too damn soon to get engaged or married. People always in a rush for things like this and then they have regrets on the relationship or marriage because they don't really know the person.

I also think six months is too soon for a marriage proposal... being in a solid relationship without looking else where anymore and continue to work on your relationship is good in the first few months i think... but i dont think a couple has had enough time to discover the more substential stuff about each other... no matter how much you love each other, no matter who pops the question, finding out more about each other and start getting your ducks in a row should be your next step, i think, if you want to take the final step with your guy...

5/18/2014 12:00:20 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
65, joined Dec. 2013

When I was young people did get engaged and a ring sealed the deal. That was not to say that the engagements all lead down the isle but it was just that you were in a committed relationship to one another and it was a step up from going steady.

5/18/2014 12:46:40 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

cinnamonnhaze
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,175)
Minneapolis, MN
54, joined Apr. 2014

I highly doubt I'd ever do the asking, but never say never!
I don't think it's wrong; I think it depends on the individual relationship.
However, I kind of agree that 6 months is a bit quick, but again, never say never!
I was also one of those women who ducked away from getting married until I was just days away from turning 37. I can't say what I'll choose for my future.

"life is like a box of chocolates & sometimes you just wanna spit one out....."
- Sam 2014 (lol)

5/18/2014 2:54:14 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
65, joined Dec. 2013

Lots of people my age got married right out of high school. Their called grandma and grandpa, ask them.I was married for almost thirty years and we were still trying to get our ducks in a row. If you wait too long on a man today he will move on.

5/18/2014 3:32:09 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

Wow that's teaching the masses a great lesson, get chained up quickly to feel worthy. If the guy or girl isn't willing to wait for you then that's not the person you should be with in the first place. I for one never cared for marriage, but if you feel that is right for you by all means do it. If you both are on the same page who cares which one pops the question first. I'm a sucker for romance and happy endings if the girl pops the question I do hope she goes all out and even gets down on one knee.

5/18/2014 5:58:18 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

aladytoo
Over 2,000 Posts (2,746)
Monroe, WI
61, joined Apr. 2006

What I hear many times from men and woman I know personally is.To many want the big rock on their hand,which neither can afford.A commitment is between 2 people.The ring is only a symbol,in trust they will marry.So for the woman if your going to ask your mate to marry,start saving for his rock.

I know I feel the shake of heads when a few read this.

Keep in mind a ring is nothing.But a well commited relationship is priceless.

Marriage should have no price tags.

5/18/2014 7:39:06 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
65, joined Dec. 2013

Years ago there was the draft system in place and the servicemen would marry before going in to serve our country leaving the wives behind to make a home and a family. Many got married and didn't see each other for long periods after that but were secure in the income it provided. There were many young widows back then. Not everyone aspired to have a profession outside the home. That only evolved out of economic strife. It had little to do with self worth, women were proud to have a husband in the service and not a babies daddy.

5/18/2014 8:26:28 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

cinnamonnhaze
Minneapolis, MN
54, joined Apr. 2014

Quote from aladytoo:
To many want the big rock
The ring is only a symbol

I'm a very symbolic person so I tend to like very big very shiny symbols!

.....and if he's paying $40,000 for a car that he will only drive for a few years I better damn well be worth as much as any vehicle.....
I will need to be serviced regularly. I will need to have my fluids checked. I will need to be shined & polished. I will need a sturdy roof over me. I will expect not to be dented. I will expect to be handled with care. And before you get in & drive me I will expect to be warmed up first....

5/18/2014 8:37:52 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

Something they don't tell you is that military get more pay when they are married, to help support their family. I know because I've had a few family members that have done that. Me and my ex got close to doing that to but I didn't want to move to Cali so I backed out.

5/18/2014 8:50:50 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from cinnamonnhaze:

.....and if he's paying $40,000 for a car that he will only drive for a few years I better damn well be worth as much as any vehicle.....
I will need to be serviced regularly. I will need to have my fluids checked. I will need to be shined & polished. I will need a sturdy roof over me. I will expect not to be dented. I will expect to be handled with care. And before you get in & drive me I will expect to be warmed up first....

I love love this

[Edited 5/18/2014 8:51:17 PM ]

5/19/2014 5:47:17 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

aladytoo
Over 2,000 Posts (2,746)
Monroe, WI
61, joined Apr. 2006

Cinn you crack me up.

5/19/2014 12:55:44 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

xashax
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

I agree that often couples, especially younger couples in 20s, always try to do the high prestige thing and end up spending way too much on a diamond engagement ring just so they can show it off for their friends and brag. That just means they are going into a new marriage with a bunch of credit card debt. Bad idea and will add extra stress. I dont like diamonds anyway. They're boring. I might want to put a little money into an exotic honeymoon trip to Morocco or something like that. But within reason and maybe a week or so.

[Edited 5/19/2014 12:56:37 PM ]

5/19/2014 2:42:11 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

cinnamonnhaze
Minneapolis, MN
54, joined Apr. 2014

Ms. Xashax - please know I was partially kidding. I would like a reasonably impressive ring. After all, I have to look at it at least 4X/minute on my waking hours for the rest of my life!!!
My first & only wedding was not about the party. It was all about "us" - we eloped. I wore the white dress. He wore the tux. Had a nice photographer but it wasn't about the party. We put that money towards the farm.
However my ring was still rather impressive.
I was just making light of the "symbolism"; but I would actually rather wear the symbol than burn it up in a single day.

5/19/2014 5:07:02 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

safeamerica
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Lexington, KY
52, joined Dec. 2013

While dating,with no sexual contact-I do think women need to wait and let the man do the asking.On average,we women,want to know if the man will pick,the me as I am,as the woman he loves and wants to spend his life with.But if their is sexual activity involved in a relationship between man and woman,then in all reality,in Jehovah God's eyes you,are married.If not living together at this point,then the asking him about living together would be the question.And women should bring the subject up.

5/19/2014 8:41:12 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
65, joined Dec. 2013

I think you should buy the best ring you can afford at that time. We had the $999 trio that was sold at a local department store. My turned color and his bent after a couple months, lucky they were bought on credit and we got a full refund. A ring should be eternal and hold up through good and bad times.

5/19/2014 10:52:43 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

Home Msgs Friends Search Online Meet

1000s Kiev Ladies Seeking Men For Love & Family Happiness!

Reply To Topic

Guidelines:

- Stay on topic. If your post is not related to this discussion create a new thread. - Don't post crude messages, or insult or harass others. Be civil. - Don't post personal contact information.

Title: Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You Body:

Bold italic line

Quote from safeamerica:
While dating,with no sexual contact-I do think women need to wait and let the man do the asking.On average,we women,want to know if the man will pick,the me as I am,as the woman he loves and wants to spend his life with.But if their is sexual activity involved in a relationship between man and woman,then in all reality,in Jehovah God's eyes you,are married.If not living together at this point,then the asking him about living together would be the question.And women should bring the subject up.

Crazy

5/20/2014 8:13:45 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
65, joined Dec. 2013

Yep, Einstein had it right. Never argue with a crazy person, they will beat you down with experience. Begone witch you have no powers here.

5/20/2014 8:24:28 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

cinnamonnhaze
Minneapolis, MN
54, joined Apr. 2014

In Jehovah's eyes, if there's sex before marriage, they kick you out!

5/20/2014 9:30:19 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

I'd be a polygamist by now lmao.

Btw sorry about that I clicked copy all instead of the quote.

[Edited 5/20/2014 9:31:21 AM ]

5/20/2014 11:03:19 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
woodsmamma
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (32,881)
Babbitt, MN
64, joined Feb. 2009

I will never marry so for me , it's not even a consideration.

I have never asked anybody to marry me either!!

5/20/2014 11:03:19 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

xashax
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

Quote from azazel4:

Crazy

Yes she's an odd one. She was in the religion forum posting about how Jews were affiliated with the Klan when in fact they have been historically one of the minority groups targeted by them. It was confusing. Maybe I just couldn't understand her. That cant be ruled out.

5/20/2014 11:07:21 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
64, joined Feb. 2009

Asha

5/20/2014 11:30:17 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

xashax
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

Quote from woodsmamma:
Asha

Hi Woods.

5/20/2014 12:01:45 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
64, joined Feb. 2009

You know,Asha, it does smack of desperation.

Glad I'm not desperate, and glad I am secure in never wanting to marry!!

5/20/2014 2:40:53 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

xashax
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

I'm one of those "never say never" types but it's unlikely this late in life. It would require one heck of a tolerant gentleman to put up with the likes of me, that's for sure.

5/20/2014 2:50:52 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
64, joined Feb. 2009

Yes, me too, patient gentleman. I'd jump a broom, but nothin legal.

5/21/2014 1:28:00 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

artist820
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,543)
Tehachapi, CA
61, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from cinnamonnhaze:

Even though I wouldn't ask a man, I think it is appropriate in today's society. I think you should. If he doesn't accept, it is time for you to move on. In the words of my dad, "you ain't no Spring chicken" (my dad, 85).

5/21/2014 3:05:01 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

xashax
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

Yes I agree and I'm certain more women do it nowadays than ever before. Principally older women that dont want to keep waiting and do have intentions of legally wedding at some point. However it just seems to me that if you are having to actually broach the question then you probably aren't on the same page. The idea is generally a man has already taken the time to plan an ideal setting to pop the question and he's decided to undergo the risk that you may say no. I loved that scene in the film, "Castaway" when he gives her some hand towels at the airstrip and then an unmistakably ring size box and tells her to wait to open it until he's back. That was awesome.

5/21/2014 11:25:16 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
64, joined Feb. 2009

I don't mind them askin tho', I just have to say no.

5/21/2014 1:48:30 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

xashax
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

I would be confused about the name thing? Do you have to take the name of your spouse? Can you hyphenate it? How much work is that to get all of your documents changed?

5/21/2014 2:08:30 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

Where I'm from you don't have to take the last name unless you want to. I was born Chévere will die Chévere, even with the jokes and misappropriation I still keep it that way.

5/21/2014 2:44:13 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
65, joined Dec. 2013

I never changed my last name or hyphened it because of all the confusion it causes on your professional license and people get confused trying to make contact via phone.It is not mandantory anywhere that I know of.

5/21/2014 2:48:43 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

xashax
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

John Lennon took "Ono" cause they were being rebellious hippies and bucking the system.

5/21/2014 2:51:10 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
64, joined Feb. 2009

It's alot of work, and expense.

I've done it a few times.

5/21/2014 9:50:52 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

its_reel
Lancaster, TX
21, joined Jul. 2013

personally I would ask but the normal or original way is for the man to ask you. But I believe if you have dated him more than 8 months you should start bringing up a conversation about marriage just to see if he is ready.

5/22/2014 7:53:58 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
64, joined Feb. 2009

You're right that is a different matter, as that is open and honest communication you are trying to generate!

Called prompting. Just don't push it , or they will go backwards on ya!!

5/22/2014 1:37:37 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

aladytoo
Over 2,000 Posts (2,746)
Monroe, WI
61, joined Apr. 2006

I haven't read my profile for awhile.But I do know I mention what i'm not looking for.
being up front from the beginning tend to show you have ducks in order.I have in my profile not looking for FWB,hookup.Many will waste their effort if they try and sway my thinking.I will always be a woman for 1 man.Also will know he's on same page.Liars are like flies on fly paper,dead before they know it.When 2 people know it's a working relationship,odds are favorable they both talked about marriage.Proof is always watching and listening for those slip ups in conversation.

10/5/2014 11:35:28 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

sunnieone8344
Columbus, OH
73, joined Apr. 2014

Hi ladies. This is my first time on here and I just had to respond to the question of would you ask a man to marry you. I asked my late husband to marry me and he said yes. We had 10 1/5 wonderful years together before he passed away from cancer. Would I ask another man to marry me? I honestly don't know if I would or not. But I"m very happy that I had to nerve to ask Paul to marry me.

10/6/2014 5:05:16 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
missamicable
Over 1,000 Posts (1,780)
Austin, TX
83, joined Jul. 2014

No....I'm old school....the man should ask..............

10/6/2014 6:01:45 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,685)
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

texasgirl_1978:

I won't ask a man to dance (not even my father) much less I would ask a man to marry me.

10/6/2014 6:23:08 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

dixie_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,762)
Kansas City, KS
29, joined Feb. 2013

I'm currently dating someone who had been a friend for years. We live 8 hours apart, but have discussed that I'm the one who will have to relocate as he's tied to where he is. I'm ok with moving, but I have a feeling that he's going to be hesitant to pushing things to happen any faster than they do. We have discussed how many things I have to finish and check off the list here before I could ever more, and he knows that it's going to take time. I know he doesn't want to pressure me, and he's been very supportive and understanding. If it ever comes to the point where getting engaged is on the table and he's just not doing it, I wouldn't have any problem with proposing to him.

10/6/2014 10:03:14 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
sunnydaythree
Grand Blanc, MI
33, joined Mar. 2014

Quote from janet5360:
Yes. I've also seen recently that women are buying engagement rings for their men. I think after six months of dating is appropriate.

6 months! No way! Rushing for what? Health insurance?

10/17/2014 11:24:28 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
taurus_blonde
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,256)
San Antonio, TX
50, joined Jul. 2014

I probably would not ask a man to marry me.

1/27/2015 11:02:48 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
gab8888
Over 1,000 Posts (1,504)
Albany, NY
45, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from duchessa:
texasgirl_1978:

I won't ask a man to dance (not even my father) much less I would ask a man to marry me.
.... It just seems like a needy & desperate move on the woman's behalf,plus I'm old school when it comes to "marriage proposals"..

1/28/2015 1:53:21 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,881)
Pinon Hills, CA
47, joined Sep. 2011

I was with my husband 8yrs before he asked me to marry him. I would of never asked him. I believe that is something a man still needs to do.

1/29/2015 12:34:52 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  

bless_your_hear
Fremont, CA
28, joined Jan. 2015

I think if you truly love the person then go for it! There is never a time limit on love. The worst he could is say no. If I was in a relationship and I loved the man and knew and felt ready to ask the man I would ask him to marry me.

1/29/2015 7:12:48 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
a4umposter
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,301)
San Antonio, TX
50, joined Dec. 2014

No, I would not ask a man to marry me.

1/29/2015 8:00:27 AM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
sagepopper72
Over 2,000 Posts (2,033)
Globe, AZ
45, joined Aug. 2014

I'm too old fashioned so that would be a no.

2/2/2015 10:53:10 PM Would You Ever Ask A Man To Marry You?  
sarahgoldsmith
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,404)
Chantilly, VA
47, joined Jan. 2014

OP, it's not weird to ask him to marry you. You should go ahead & ask him.