Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personales

I began a conversation with the people today next to us who had lots of inquiries about what we had been undertaking. myrtle beach personals Less is a lot more right here, but it really is worth bringing up if want be. Attempt to use these queries sparingly and ask them only when appropriate. adultlook rochester ny Let the conversation flow and use them to enrich the conversation when you feel the time is proper.

skipthegames apps

Thank you for becoming the excellent part model you are, and i hope one particular day i can say my 2 boys have the very same respect you do for life and girls in common. speed dating visalia Began by NYC restaurant chain, Just Salad, Salad Match will uncover you a date. It ll cost you only a handful of minutes to get your account up and running on Match. free safety hookup badge If you are seeking for a long term connection and would want to settle quickly, this site might be worth trying! Facts Is eHarmony only for severe relationships? Are there couples what closed only on eHarmony and truly closed married?

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/24/2014 8:22:02 AM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  
real_1_here_4_u
Marion, OH
38, joined Nov. 2013

I have a '98 Chevy S10 2.2L 2wd auto with the ZQ8 package. I picked up the truck about 2 months ago for $1200 to have a 2nd vehicle and something that gets better mileage than my '01 F150 4x4 with a 5.4L.

The S10 in in great shape body wise considering it is a '98 and has 143,000 miles on it, the body is clean and pretty much rust free. Now mechanically it wasn't so well maintained, the coolant looked like mud, the oil was blacker than coal, and the transmission fluid was black as well and smelled so bad it almost made me throw up when I changed it and the other fluids. I also changed the spark plugs, exhaust manifold donut gasket, put on a cold air intake, put on a new front lower bumper valence that was missing, and greased all the front end because those needed done as well. I also plan on new front inner and outer wheel bearings, new front brakes (they work fine but are getting close to needing replaced so new rotors, pads, ect...), new O2 sensors, and a new muffler.

The only downside is I don't feel it is getting the mileage that it should be (16-17 where my friend with the same year S10 with a 2.2L except it is a 5 speed is getting 26-28), and it doesn't accelerate or shift the way I feel it should. My suspects for the poor fuel mileage are the O2 sensors, muffler, and probably mass air flow sensor. The transmission also probably plays part in it as well. And I feel pretty sure that the transmission is hit considering the way it does shift and accelerate, and also taking into consideration the color and odor of the fluid when I changed it.

I welcome any other ideas I may have not wrote or thought of to improve economy and performance. If the engine and/or transmission craps out I plan on doing a LS V8 engine swap (probably 4.8 or 5.3, maybe 6.0 if price is right) and either a 700R4 or 4L60E, or maybe even a 6 speed transmission (once again if the price is right). The truck is in too good of shape to get rid of or give up on, and I like the little bugger

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/24/2014 10:04:14 AM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,003)
Cedar Grove, WV
75, joined Mar. 2008

what do you expect out of a little 2.2 engine with 143000 miles on it, that engine was worn out years ago , it is a miracle that it even runs, that is a small cheap truck, with a small cheap engine, designed to last about 50 or 60 thousand miles.

5/24/2014 10:13:23 AM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  

1irving
Over 1,000 Posts (1,978)
Ruskin, FL
57, joined Mar. 2013

You need to look at data with a scan tool. Coolant temp, air temp, MAF and MAP. I suspect your air or coolant temp is reporting -37'F, meaning, the circuit is open.

5/24/2014 11:18:17 PM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  
real_1_here_4_u
Marion, OH
38, joined Nov. 2013

Quote from luckylouie42:
what do you expect out of a little 2.2 engine with 143000 miles on it, that engine was worn out years ago , it is a miracle that it even runs, that is a small cheap truck, with a small cheap engine, designed to last about 50 or 60 thousand miles.
Obviously you do not know much about vehicles, and I'm guessing either not a fan of Chevy or the S10 in particular. I have one friend with a 2.2L S10 that has a little over 200K miles on it, and another with one that's pushing 300K. If you take care of your vehicle it will last quite a long time.

5/25/2014 8:54:57 PM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,003)
Cedar Grove, WV
75, joined Mar. 2008

did you read your own introductory statement ? lol don't sound like good maint. to me. that truck is only fit for the junk yard. JMO.

5/26/2014 6:04:26 AM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  
real_1_here_4_u
Marion, OH
38, joined Nov. 2013

Quote from luckylouie42:
did you read your own introductory statement ? lol don't sound like good maint. to me. that truck is only fit for the junk yard. JMO.
You're right, poor maintenance......by previous owners not me. I'm willing to bet I have done far more maintenance to it than it has seen in years by them, because I take care of what I have. It runs and drives under it's own power just fine, and I have driven it almost every day since I have put license plates on it, but I feel I should and can get more out of it than I am, hence the reason I threw out my ideas and hoped for helpful input not idiotic response. And I'm willing to bet if it ever does see the junk yard it will see the junk yard far long after anything you own based on the assumption of you I have gathered from 2 responses that if it isn't perfect junk it. And if the engine and/or transmission does go it will get a LS under the hood and a fresh transmission behind it because the body of the truck is in way too good of shape and the sporty little truck looks too good to throw away.

5/26/2014 9:27:49 AM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  

ksgreasemonkey
Junction City, KS
35, joined Aug. 2013

The ls swap is a few grand easy unless you have the powertrain sitting aroun (like my buddy with the ls out of his wrecked gto.)

The truth is if you get poor mileage the only way to get it back is to freshen the engine up. Head tear down, clean out the carbon around the valve seats, new gaskets for the exhaust and intake. Because remember if there is a leak ANYWHERE tAking in unmetered air the truck will try to compensate. And the O2 sensors will show a lean mix in taht case. Which is why the truck is using more fuel.

Now if the sensor is showing a rich mixture. A bavk pressure test before the cat will show its plugged. Which will again, rob the power and fuel mileage because it will lean the engine out, or it may have done it before you got the truck and already burnt valves.

The ultimats point is, a scan tool can tell you far more about what you need to do. And louie holds on to his stuff. Well some of it. But doesnt dabble in as deep as a few of us.

6/13/2014 8:46:43 PM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  
real_1_here_4_u
Marion, OH
38, joined Nov. 2013

Acceleration issue resolved, replaced both A and B shift solenoids in the transmission. After doing further research I come to realize I did not have 1st gear or 4th gear in my 4L60E, and more research pointed me in the direction of the shift solenoids (which from what I read seems to be a common issue amongst the 4L60E's). I'm sure that coincides in some part with my poor mileage, because it sure drives much better with the transmission operating properly now. Other than future replacement of the exhaust system and O2 sensors there isn't really anything else that needs to be done besides repainting the driver front fender, which may be done this weekend.

8/18/2014 7:40:28 AM S10 2.2L poor mileage and acceleration  
dbcoopper
Richmond, IN
51, joined Jul. 2012

i have a 98 s10 2.2 146.000 thousand miles. done a lot work to it but still gets me to work and back home

[Edited 8/18/2014 7:41:26 AM ]