Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www listcrawler

Taken aback and fully in shock, I let her in with no thought as to why she was there. gay hookup palm springs That weekend I talked to a neuropsychologist from Milwaukee a application developer from Austin, Texas an improv instructor from Seattle and an economics masters student from London. Their really like story began with a message from Ashton asking Matt if he had any huge plans for the weekend. coffee meets bagel get more beans Positive, absolutely everyone will have diverse preferences, so you are absolutely free and absolutely free to opt for.

mega presonals

Discover far more crucial questions about dating, marriage, and living a purposeful life in my new book101 Queries You Need to Ask in Your Twenties. eugene personals This is a web site that caters to your desires and that makes it a hit with singles who are seeking for a terrific time with a person new. You can speak to up to 25 new members a day and after you re locked in a chat with a person you can talk as significantly as you like. doublelist greenville OkCupid is component of Match Group, which owns other dating web sites like Tinder, Plenty of Fish and Match, and your facts may be shared with other Match Group companies.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/13/2014 9:55:47 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

1. Yes - Have fallen in love before meeting
2. No - Don't fall in love until after meeting
3. Neither - totally resistant to falling in love online

I was wondering how many people have built up a strong emotional attachment to someone online prior to meeting.... to the point of falling in love?

What was it about these exchanges that made you fall in love with the person without knowing for sure if the person behind the picture was even real? Was it just the daily attention?

If you have fallen in love before meeting the person, were your feelings just as strong after you met the person? Did a good relationship result? Or... did the meeting turn into more of a fling? Potential scammer?

If you fell in love after meeting, did the communication you have prior to meeting play a big role in falling in love with that person... or did the things you did after meeting pay a larger role in falling in love?

Or... are you just online to talk to people and hopefully make a few friends...bored...nothing better to do...so none of your online activities actually build emotional/romantic attachment.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/13/2014 10:05:21 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
abolitionist
Over 1,000 Posts (1,046)
New York, NY
63, joined Dec. 2013

To me, the mind and heart comes first.

I can work with whatever her physical may be, if we connect mentally.

9/13/2014 10:06:21 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
abolitionist
Over 1,000 Posts (1,046)
New York, NY
63, joined Dec. 2013

I didn't really see a choice I could pick. I haven't actually fallen in love, but I'm not against the possibility.

9/13/2014 10:08:30 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

cubcougar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,651)
Lucerne, CA
64, joined Oct. 2010

It is just your Duck Disease working there Holmes ...

9/13/2014 10:29:34 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
darthcapital
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,907)
North York, ON
47, joined Apr. 2014

there are too many folks out there that are in love with the idea of falling in love, this fantasy is what keeps them thinking they are falling in love with someone on line.

9/13/2014 10:32:29 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

missdidi20
Avon Park, FL
23, joined Jun. 2014

I don't think it's possible to really fall in love with someone before meeting them. Because you only know certain sides of them as a person, infatuation is possible but not true love I don't think.

9/13/2014 10:41:19 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from missdidi20:
I don't think it's possible to really fall in love with someone before meeting them. Because you only know certain sides of them as a person, infatuation is possible but not true love I don't think.

This is how I feel too.

However, I don't spend a lot of time chatting online prior to meeting.

Most of my conversations are about what's going on in the world or things I would like to do if we were to meet. It's very non-romantic dry for me.

9/13/2014 11:07:29 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
rainydaze26
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,626)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Nov. 2013

Not ruling it out, but doesn't seem likely.

9/13/2014 11:11:24 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
never713
Sugar Land, TX
41, joined Aug. 2014

You have to meet someone to get the essence of them. You can't do that online or on the phone. Too much fantasy involved with that. Meet them asap. You can of course fall in love after the fact.

9/13/2014 11:15:03 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
cali8zice
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,224)
Albany, NY
51, joined Oct. 2012

How can you fall in love and never see the person face to face? I don't believe it lol

9/13/2014 11:27:41 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

stan2811
Yreka, CA
71, joined Nov. 2003

It happened to me. We met online by accident, not a dating site
e-mailed 3 or 4 hundred times, and met 2 months later. You can
discover a lot from another person words. Its been over 2 years
now, and we are still together. The thing is, she was 37, and I
was 67, it's amazing what can happen when you don't pre-judge or
build boarders around things as to what you will, or will not accept

9/13/2014 11:39:54 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

dixie_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,762)
Kansas City, KS
28, joined Feb. 2013

He became my friend 9 years ago online. We grew into best friends over yahoo chat and myspace chat. Later texting and facebook messaging. Met in person two years ago. Became great friends. When we met up this past may for a weekend vacation we shared together, things clicked and we knew.

9/13/2014 11:40:38 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

cosmicgem
Over 1,000 Posts (1,902)
Springfield, MO
60, joined Jun. 2011

Not for me. I may feel a certain attraction toward them. But to really fall in love with the person all the way that takes time and getting to know them face to face on a regular and often basis to pick up on if they are really the person you want to spend your life with.

9/13/2014 11:45:50 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

ladybugruth58
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,480)
Patton, PA
58, joined Feb. 2014

very rarely do I fall in love before and after meeting. it has happened twice though. it was awesome, because he felt the same. but in the end it didn't last because of the distance, and no physical contact.

9/13/2014 12:35:19 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from stan2811:
It happened to me. We met online by accident, not a dating site
e-mailed 3 or 4 hundred times, and met 2 months later. You can
discover a lot from another person words. Its been over 2 years
now, and we are still together. The thing is, she was 37, and I
was 67, it's amazing what can happen when you don't pre-judge or
build boarders around things as to what you will, or will not accept

Thank you for your positive online story. I am happy that you found love.

I do believe that consistent communication and attention helps to establish feelings of love. I just wasn't sure how much communication usually takes place when people connect over the written word.

9/13/2014 12:48:41 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
iheartidiots
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,286)
Grove City, OH
39, joined Feb. 2012

You create an illusion of how that person is online. When you meet them, that illusion or fantasy might just disappear.

I can't imagine being the grounded person I am to ever fall in love with an illusion.

But props to the people who can.

I prefer touch. Facial expressions. Tone. All sitting or being beside me in real life.

9/13/2014 12:49:27 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from dixie_dancer:
He became my friend 9 years ago online. We grew into best friends over yahoo chat and myspace chat. Later texting and facebook messaging. Met in person two years ago. Became great friends. When we met up this past may for a weekend vacation we shared together, things clicked and we knew.

I also think that knowing someone for a long time and having steady communication over many years is a great way to build trust in each other. Great relationships usually have an element of friendship.

Spending vacation time together and doing fun exciting things together really strengthen those feelings of romantic attachment.

I wish you many fun adventures in your future!

9/13/2014 2:52:51 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

twining
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,998)
Anderson, SC
25, joined Jun. 2014

I fell in love once. And then he sent me more recent pictures and I realized he looked just like my BD. I felt very violated then.

9/13/2014 3:43:16 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
nicoli7
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,619)
Louisville, KY
33, joined Jul. 2014

My 2 cents.....

I believe that you absolutely....can. .fall in love, before meeting someone
in person...

I know its not wise....

But if I think that the person's profile is real, and accurate... then I have no
reason to think...they are not genuine.

And, (for me)...I can fall for someone if we have made a real connection...
You might say things to each other...that would bring...emotion and love to the surface... and if you are willing to accept and also give that love to them....then it can, and will happen....

But beware.....honesty.....truthfulness....selflessness....and......trust.
These are things.....that if givin away carelessly.....can come back to bite you....
And leave you wondering if there are any genuine honest people left.....
I try not to become pessimistic..
But I must admitt.....keeping love in my heart......is much tougher
Than keeping hate in it...

So yes....you can find love.......but choose who you give it to carefully...

........best.....wishes..

9/13/2014 4:12:41 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
ktann45
Pueblo, CO
48, joined Aug. 2014

I did but unfortunately he was a scammer. Fake.

9/13/2014 4:39:55 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
nursemel1973
Joshua, TX
43, joined Feb. 2013

You can't love someone that you really don't know..

On the other end of the computer could be a bald, over 400 pounds and 4 foot man who is telling you he is 6 feet tall, average build and a ton of lies.. (For men, I've heard women do the same thing, just reverse the genders for you all) or just one of those scammers..

You can love the ideal of the person or love but there is no possible way to really love the person until you know them..

9/13/2014 4:53:15 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,096)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

Love doesn't always make a lot of sense or follow some prescribed sequential timeline. It may not always be wise to fall for someone before laying eyes on them, but wise doesn't always enter into it.

So, yes, you can fall in love before meeting, and people have fallen in love by the written word since words were written down. Well, at least since correspondence became popular.

And just because it may not last beyond meeting the person, it does not mean it wasn't love. It just wasn't lasting.

I prefer to be open to the possibilities, and not to limit anything coming my way. It doesn't mean that I won't take care, maybe even be wary, but I don't dismiss anything out of hand, and I let what will unfold unfold.

9/13/2014 5:53:16 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
never713
Sugar Land, TX
41, joined Aug. 2014

Who would put invest years emailing to someone? I can't imagine but to each his own.

9/13/2014 6:08:20 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from ktann45:
I did but unfortunately he was a scammer. Fake.

A good friend of mine had the same thing happen to her a couple years ago when she was on a different website... more than once this happened. The scammers seem to be pretty good at sending out thoughtful romantic messages without sounding too pushy. They often used attractive pictures and talked about exciting lives in the military or as building engineers out in Africa. They had adorable children and were all widowed. The stories were about what kind of life they would have together once they moved back to the states.

I think she learned a lot about romantic communication styles from these people. She now has a local boyfriend... and he just adores her.

9/13/2014 8:11:22 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

packersbabe920
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (74,382)
Green Bay, WI
51, joined Jul. 2013

No, that's how some people get manipulated cause he tell u exactly what u need to here, and yall haven't even met,

9/13/2014 8:25:48 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
soulfullaussie
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,891)
Victoria
Australia
51, joined May. 2014

No ... Havent fell in love before meeting ....

I couldn't love someone fully if I haven't met them face to face ........ I have cared deeply but no Love... It takes me a long long time to fall in love with anyone even if I have met them face to face

9/13/2014 8:36:10 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
grizzlybear786
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,290)
Florence, OR
30, joined Jul. 2014

I don't believe it's possible, but let's say you do. What you fall in love with is the image they present to you. Once you meet them, you meet the real person.

9/13/2014 8:41:23 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
icecreamsammich
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,290)
Tucker, GA
66, joined May. 2014

I think you can lay all the ground work and when you meet that person.... You can much more quickly.

I hope to meet someone and feel a spark like that.

You can find out and chat quite a bit online. But dang sure get lots of current pics!

And from the stories I have heard from other women....

At some point a few stiff cawk pics are a good idea if you don't want an unpleasant surprise of things not working. A few women friends have shared meeting guys that were not umm functioning, had very old pics, etc.

Sad it is that way.

9/13/2014 8:44:39 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

ladybugruth58
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,480)
Patton, PA
58, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from icecreamsammich:
I think you can lay all the ground work and when you meet that person.... You can much more quickly.

You can find out and chat quite a bit online. But dang sure get lots of current pics!

And from the stories I have heard from other women....

At some point a few stiff cawk pics are a good idea if you don't want an unpleasant surprise of things not working. A few women friends have shared meeting guys that were not umm functioning, had very old pics, etc.

Sad it is that way.

lmao I'm in love with him. I mean lust.

9/13/2014 8:49:43 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
carolina_chic
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Easley, SC
53, joined May. 2014

I think people confuse butterfly feelings for being 'in love' whether it's online or in person. I think being 'in love' takes time and patience in getting to know how someone really is and asking yourself truthfully if they are really who you want to be with the rest of your life and complete the journey of getting to know each other.

I'm not saying it isn't possible 'to love' someone you've never met and make room for them in your heart and a decision to risk 'falling in love'. After all It is a risk no matter if you meet online or at your local gas pump.

9/13/2014 9:56:10 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
backwardsam1
Winchester, VA
49, joined May. 2014

You might lust for them, but there is more to Love than that.

9/13/2014 10:36:23 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from icecreamsammich:

You can find out and chat quite a bit online.

Personally, I haven't put in long hours of just exchanging messages with someone over a period of time... getting to know everything about them. I might exchange only a dozen or so messages before arranging a meeting... and then I focus more on planning dates and finding fun things to do.

I'm wondering if I am missing out on building a stronger connection by spending more time exchanging messages during the pre-meet time.

I have fallen in love with someone after meeting, but I need to see that person at least 3 times a week to do so.

9/13/2014 10:56:57 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
soulflight
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,547)
Baltimore, MD
55, joined Apr. 2014

I have done both. Local guys, I meet asap. Haven't clicked with any of them. Twice now I have established a strong bond with gentlemen that were 4 & 9 hrs away by car. The first one more or less lasted a yr actively. Had we been closer I feel it would have ended sooner. The second and farther gentleman is an infinitely better candidate and we have an amazing bond but we haven't met.

I think, communication skills and styles play a huge factor in this scenario. If it were easily remedied, I would have met him much faster.

my point is, I don't think it matters 'how long' you communicate before meeting. If you are both communicators a very strong bond can be developed but the ftf must happen for love to grow and if that potential is found to be there...moving has be to be in the cards...to fully explore the possibility.

some of it just comes down to luck..I really believe that. I also believe that like energies do come together...somehow the universe does that ...even over the internets

9/13/2014 11:00:44 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
jenly
Over 1,000 Posts (1,810)
Chaska, MN
98, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from missdidi20:

I agree. And the longer we go without meeting someone, the more we tend to idealize them.

9/14/2014 12:07:26 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

testsignup
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,307)
Springfield, VA
63, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from carolina_chic:
I think people confuse butterfly feelings for being 'in love' whether it's online or in person. I think being 'in love' takes time and patience in getting to know how someone really is and asking yourself truthfully if they are really who you want to be with the rest of your life and complete the journey of getting to know each other.

I'm not saying it isn't possible 'to love' someone you've never met and make room for them in your heart and a decision to risk 'falling in love'. After all It is a risk no matter if you meet online or at your local gas pump.

Yeah, I was going to say that it depends on how you define "falling in love." I've had crushes on people I've never met. Almost convinced myself that it was going somewhere too. Never had it do anything but break like a wave on the rocks in the end, though.

I figure that the success stories above are good examples, not just of how anything might happen, but also of how people tell the story afterwards. People who discover an affinity with a stranger via online chat, or some other interaction, and then eventually discover that they also have mutual physical attraction and compatible life goals and paths, will tend to say that that proves that love at first whatever is real. The same people who also had affinities for several other people before that, tend to say that the other times, they were fooling themselves.

It's sort of like the way a lot of Prophecy claims work. Believers look at what HAS happened, and then paw through their tomes of prior chatter, and re-interpret something vague that was said before the event, and claim that's proof that prophecy is real.

If I do manage to find someone online, get another crush, and have it work out, I'll call it "love" as well.

[Edited 9/14/2014 12:07:51 AM ]

9/14/2014 12:14:18 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

douglasgar
Tooele, UT
44, joined Aug. 2014

I just want to say i dont think you can fall in love with out meeting the person and getting to know them you can like a person on line with out meeting them but not fall in love with them well i can't any ways i need to meet and get to know them first

9/14/2014 12:48:07 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

drexlert
Cape Town
South Africa
32, joined Aug. 2014

Yea! I think its possible b'cos I have seen and heard of online datingls that truly workout, I believe it can happen. After all meeting doesn't even guarantee falling in love, its the matter of the heart, u don't have control over it b'cos there are times u don't even know when u fall in love before u realize what's going, u are already deep into it

9/14/2014 12:52:31 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
soulfullaussie
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,891)
Victoria
Australia
51, joined May. 2014

Quote from drexlert:
Yea! I think its possible b'cos I have seen and heard of online datingls that truly workout, I believe it can happen. After all meeting doesn't even guarantee falling in love, its the matter of the heart, u don't have control over it b'cos there are times u don't even know when u fall in love before u realize what's going, u are already deep into it
People who fall in love online are falling for the Idea of the person, not the actual person .... That is why so many people get scammed .... You need to know if there is chemistry and you cant do that until you are face to face in real life ...

9/14/2014 1:09:05 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

drexlert
Cape Town
South Africa
32, joined Aug. 2014

I can see u like to use the word chemistry, do u think its everybody that accept the reality of life? To be sincere, some people don't even know what they want, even when they meet the person face to face. What count most is your heart and mind. And If I may ask, what do u have to say about people who found themselves and things happen to get well with them

9/14/2014 1:34:18 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
statue_goddesss
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,731)
Virginia Beach, VA
43, joined Jul. 2014

I have.

More than once.

learned my lesson from the last train wreck?

uh......yeah. thanks, im good

who am i kidding? i'll do it again

fuk dating locally. to in your face

9/14/2014 1:42:15 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
ltlwing
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,773)
Williamsburg, OH
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from missdidi20:

That is it infatuation,one side...but boy when you see that other side you run like hell...I did!

9/14/2014 2:41:13 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
cavie59
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,487)
Enid, OK
57, joined Feb. 2010

^^

So that explains it, who would have thought.

9/14/2014 11:12:04 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from drexlert:

You make a couple of good points with your posts. For anyone to fall in love quickly, their heart and mind have to be in a good place and open to falling in love.

If someone is working through trust issues, they might have to date quite a long time before their hearts become open to fully loving again. So, in that case perhaps online pre-talk wouldn't help much. It would be a long courtship... if it is even possible to court a person who is not open to love.

And... I think sometimes people don't realize how much they care about someone or how strong the connection is until the relationship is just about over. That is in the case of one-sided romances where one person is in love and active in the relationship and the other person appears to still be making up their mind about... to love or to not love.

9/14/2014 9:43:20 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

relishingqualms
Kansas City, KS
28, joined Aug. 2014

You're retarded if you think you can fall in love before meeting someone, or at first sight. Love takes time, trust, and selflessness.

9/14/2014 10:31:41 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

dan9787_3
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,648)
Laval, QC
53, joined Jul. 2014

I became fairly infatuated with a woman I had talked to a lot, online, but once we started talking on the phone I didn't like her as much.

9/14/2014 10:51:44 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
ohdannyboy59
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,215)
Arlington, TX
97, joined Sep. 2012

I think people only form an emotional attachment to what they imagine and want the other person to be. Let's face it: Nobody really has any idea whether that other person is in any way, shape or form representative of the identity they've created online.

9/14/2014 11:00:45 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
vickie0621
Las Cruces, NM
36, joined May. 2014

No way I can fall in love from reading messages texts and emails... I need to feel the connnection with the guy IN PERSON to be able to have ANY feeling for him...

9/15/2014 3:36:35 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

sweetlime4u
Over 1,000 Posts (1,902)
Ocala, FL
53, joined Mar. 2014

Quote from nursemel1973:
You can't love someone that you really don't know..

On the other end of the computer could be a bald, over 400 pounds and 4 foot man who is telling you he is 6 feet tall, average build and a ton of lies.. (For men, I've heard women do the same thing, just reverse the genders for you all) or just one of those scammers..

You can love the ideal of the person or love but there is no possible way to really love the person until you know them..

^^^ This....

9/15/2014 3:47:32 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
ltlwing
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,773)
Williamsburg, OH
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from ohdannyboy59:
I think people only form an emotional attachment to what they imagine and want the other person to be. Let's face it: Nobody really has any idea whether that other person is in any way, shape or form representative of the identity they've created online.

You are right about that...they can represent themselves to be anything.I will never entertain another person again in just texting ,or talking on line...no reality in it.

9/15/2014 3:53:13 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

tastyrebellion
Hanford, CA
39, joined Aug. 2014

I believe it depends on the person, and if what they are writing is genuine. If you put everything out there on the table, with total honesty and are able to open up your mind to anything or any and all feelings, then of course one can fall deeply in love. However, as is the same with those that are face to face, I feel that both people need to be able to show their complete and total selves and trust in the other completely in order to fall in real and true love.

9/15/2014 11:49:02 AM Falling in love online before meeting  
mr_14u24me
Bakersfield, CA
44, joined Nov. 2013

Yea it can happen for some. But i believe its a level of puppy love which can grow when given time

9/15/2014 11:56:40 AM Falling in love online before meeting  

edrew211
Dearborn, MI
48, joined Nov. 2012

infatuation and desire , that's why I think taking to long to meet can be harmfull it has to be right. The mind can build up such a dreamy person that the reallife version falls way way short after to long.

9/15/2014 12:10:30 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
sarahgoldsmith
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,672)
Chantilly, VA
46, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from cali8zice:
How can you fall in love and never see the person face to face? I don't believe it lol

I agree with u. The person doesn't have to be attractive, as long as he is attractive looking to me, that is all that matters.

The media think Lyle lovette was ugly. They keep poking fun at him & calling him ugly. I didn't think he was ugly at all. I thought he was just a normal looking guy. Your average looking guy.

I thought the reporters calling him ugly was so much more uglier than he is.

9/15/2014 12:15:19 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
sarahgoldsmith
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,672)
Chantilly, VA
46, joined Jan. 2014

I agree that how can u fall in love with someone u never even met face to face. That kind of stuff is only for arranged marriage like in India & middle eastern countries. The men don't get to see what his bride looks like until after the day he married her. They keep their women pure until the day of marriage.

9/15/2014 12:40:49 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
lookin4him2012
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,801)
Boone, NC
48, joined Jan. 2012

I would never allow myself to get that close to someone online. I do not do LDR's, ever. They aren't worth my time being wasted. I tried an LDR one time and the guy gave me the run around for 6 months straight, promising to come meet me in person five times during that six months. Then after I moved on he wanted to act all sad for never meeting me when truth is that he never wanted to meet me, he just liked having someone to Skype with and talk to on the phone that he didn't have to be involved with. Waste of time.

The only man I go out with is a man I can meet within 1-3 weeks of first making contact through email or however we hook up. I will not fall in love without meeting because I would never get that close to someone until after meeting and going out on LOTS of dates first. I'm not stupid.

9/15/2014 12:43:19 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
lookfamiliar
Portage, IN
60, joined May. 2014

Quote from darthcapital:
there are too many folks out there that are in love with the idea of falling in love, this fantasy is what keeps them thinking they are falling in love with someone on line.

Agree it's a Fantasy, it's All in Their Mind!

9/15/2014 1:17:05 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
esmeraldar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,582)
Toms River, NJ
68, joined Jan. 2009

I don't think you can fall in love before you meet someone. You might have positive feelings about a person before you meet and be anxious to meet that person,

9/15/2014 1:25:25 PM Falling in love online before meeting  
rose1206
Over 2,000 Posts (2,563)
Gilbert, AZ
35, joined Jul. 2012

Unless it's one of those rare things how is it possible to fall in love before meeting face to face?

9/15/2014 2:38:27 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

hugsnlaughter
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,139)
McKeesport, PA
56, joined Jul. 2007

I don't believe it is love before you meet. You may like them a lot or lust after them but until you know the person, I don't believe it is love. Sorry, jmo.

9/15/2014 6:12:13 PM Falling in love online before meeting  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from lookin4him2012:
I would never allow myself to get that close to someone online. I do not do LDR's, ever. They aren't worth my time being wasted. I tried an LDR one time and the guy gave me the run around for 6 months straight, promising to come meet me in person five times during that six months. Then after I moved on he wanted to act all sad for never meeting me when truth is that he never wanted to meet me, he just liked having someone to Skype with and talk to on the phone that he didn't have to be involved with. Waste of time.

The only man I go out with is a man I can meet within 1-3 weeks of first making contact through email or however we hook up. I will not fall in love without meeting because I would never get that close to someone until after meeting and going out on LOTS of dates first. I'm not stupid.

I think this can be one of the problems of a lot of communication prior to meeting... if it is combined with delayed meetings... while it can build up heightened anticipation of meeting, it can be very frustrating as well.