Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

what is rubmaps

Personally I choose web sites because they seem to be a lot more efficient in terms of time and travel distance. speed dating spring hill fl It a superb way to share a laugh, give your self a treat, and also make an enduring memory at the mountains of California. They ll be competing against issues that genuinely bring you joy and fulfillment. ukraine dating bikini Specific sites also scan participants manually, adding an extra layer of safety to the procedure.

maegapersonals

Personally, I truly am not what I d get in touch with a thriving dater. bakersfield dating sites Whether you re creating a new profile or you re a longtime, frustrated online dater, I have some insights that will support make your expertise far better. Our membership pool consists of quality singles residing throughout the and practically every nation in the planet. fitprincess gianna Or you can try one particular of XO s other, more random pairings.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/18/2015 12:58:38 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

I'm curious about other people's thoughts and experiences about gift giving while dating or in a relationship.

How long do you wait before giving the man or woman you are dating a thoughtful gift?

Have you ever received a special gift too early in the relationship and just thought it was a little inappropriate? Too soon for that?

How about giving a gift and not having the reception going quite as you thought it would be? i.e. epic fail.

What have been some of your favorite gifts... either gifts you have given or gifts you have received?

Can you count sports tickets for you and your date as a gift if it is on their birthday?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/18/2015 1:15:41 AM Thoughtful Gifts  
ocnfshn4
Over 2,000 Posts (2,641)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
50, joined Sep. 2014

you cant handle the truth

6/18/2015 1:18:53 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

bigdinv
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,129)
Houston, TX
36, joined Sep. 2011

I gave a girl a warning before I came.

6/18/2015 3:19:02 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

pastmybedtime
Over 1,000 Posts (1,099)
Huntingdon, TN
41, joined Apr. 2015

A happy ending is always a thoughtful gift to give me

6/18/2015 4:31:59 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

Gardenguy68
Over 1,000 Posts (1,173)
Wake Forest, NC
61, joined Dec. 2014

A Sex Toy From Adam And Eve Is Always A Thoughtful Gift....

One The First Date Works Well!......

6/18/2015 4:45:35 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

lareveur
Over 2,000 Posts (2,386)
La Follette, TN
33, joined May. 2013

One guy drew a sketch of me on our first date, I thought that was sweet. Some people might consider that creepy, but most who consider any form of creativity as being "creepy" are typicaly the ones who fail to read the between the lines. The effort is sweet, it's the charming ones (slick talkers) to be wary of.
A man who is willing to put genuine time in you is worth observing a little more, rather than dismissing it over some bullshit magazine article that states as to what is "appropriate" and what isn't. It's all illusory adn insecure.
Love (at least fro me) is boundless and liberating. I think it's in Corinthians?
Sorry for my deplorable misspelled typing.

6/18/2015 4:55:13 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

theloser2123
Manassas, VA
25, joined Apr. 2014

One time at band camp, I gave this girl my d*ck in a box

6/18/2015 6:52:07 AM Thoughtful Gifts  
kawkasian
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,841)
Beverly Hills, CA
36, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from lareveur:
One guy drew a sketch of me on our first date, I thought that was sweet. Some people might consider that creepy

Creepy would have been a sketch of your mother.

6/18/2015 7:03:33 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

SEX appears to be on the top of some people's list of favorite gifts to give and receive.

Just remember...

3 minutes isn't a gift. We all know that.

If you aren't expecting a happy ending... it is a surprise and very thoughtful.

A toy you can share with the one you love is the best kind.

A box with nothing in it is disappointing.

Quote from lareveur:
One guy drew a sketch of me on our first date, I thought that was sweet. Some people might consider that creepy, but most who consider any form of creativity as being "creepy" are typicaly the ones who fail to read the between the lines. The effort is sweet, it's the charming ones (slick talkers) to be wary of.
A man who is willing to put genuine time in you is worth observing a little more, rather than dismissing it over some bullshit magazine article that states as to what is "appropriate" and what isn't. It's all illusory adn insecure.
Love (at least fro me) is boundless and liberating. I think it's in Corinthians?
Sorry for my deplorable misspelled typing.

From my perspective... that is indeed a more thoughtful gift than sex.

A man I once met saved all of my pictures from my dating profile and photo-shopped me into various funny scenes. I had mixed feelings about that. Sure. I see the creative effort and I can appreciate that. But, it made me reluctant to post new pictures.

[Edited 6/18/2015 7:05:40 AM ]

6/18/2015 7:04:35 AM Thoughtful Gifts  
truckerdaddy915
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,116)
El Paso, TX
41, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from kawkasian:
Creepy would have been a sketch of your mother.

I sketched a girl once. She didn't like it.

6/18/2015 7:46:35 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

bumblebee7
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (70,649)
Fort Payne, AL
61, joined Apr. 2011

OP..those sex comments were....jokes and sarcasm....don't take them seriously.

and to fire back like that...shows issues generally.

There is no time length for all situations and people.

This is simply another one of those....it depends things.

It depends on the person and the situation, how they feel about the person.

I never give gifts for browny points....If I do so, its because I'm inspired to do so.

I think picking wild flowers and giving them shows something.....as far as early on....and even later on.

I think I've only had one woman give something fairly early on....showing times haven't changed as much as we had hoped....or if they did, it was one sided still.

[Edited 6/18/2015 7:47:19 AM ]

6/18/2015 7:51:29 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

hippo65
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,792)
Albuquerque, NM
51, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from truckerdaddy915:
I sketched a girl once. She didn't like it.

It was a hair..

I really don't know what is a thoughtful/special gift?
Guess I don't put too much thought into giving and receiving, so I don't worry about epic fail, I give gift without thinking what will I receive.
I got a mini race car to someone because while we talked she mentioned her favorite driver, and I just happen to saw that in the store. And it was our first meet.
She thought it was sweet, she was embarrassed that she didn't got me anything.
I told her that honestly I didn't go shopping for one, just saw it, so...
I received a few hippo figurines, so those are my favorite.
Sport tickets IMO is a good birthday gift...
Guess I don't get all t5his gift giving/receiving. Isn't it the thought that counts?

6/18/2015 8:08:53 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

archer513
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,800)
Cincinnati, OH
43, joined Dec. 2014

Moi...the greatest gift a lady can receive

6/18/2015 12:02:17 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,731)
Pinon Hills, CA
46, joined Sep. 2011

The lack of money as a kid and not really getting much of anything, I 've learned to do without as an adult. I have a hard time excepting gifts from a man at any stage of the relationship.

In the beginning no gifts should be exchanged. Maybe at the 6 month mark is good for all the shyt trinket gifts to be passed out. Ugh I hate that shyt. Just give me $20 I will go buy my own crappy gift, but something I like

[Edited 6/18/2015 12:03:04 PM ]

6/18/2015 12:47:35 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

dixie_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,762)
Kansas City, KS
28, joined Feb. 2013

I gift mostly practical things. And am happier receiving practical things. Lavish jewelry and diamonds is too much for me. I've received a few practical simple yet elegant pieces of jewelry and even that was stressful for me.

My guy gets me rare and limited release beers I can't get here. And I do the same for him. I got him a pair if work boots. He surprises me with a sack of my favorite gas station burritos.

To me those things mean more than any piece of jewelry or whatnot. Those gifts are thoughtful because they're exceptionally personal. Knowing the type of burrito I absolutely get a foodgasm from. Knowing which types of beer I like. Knowing that his old work boots are getting rough and the fact I work at a western store.

Those aren't gifts you could give to just ANY guy or girl.

6/18/2015 12:53:58 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from hippo65:
I got a mini race car to someone because while we talked she mentioned her favorite driver, and I just happen to saw that in the store. And it was our first meet. She thought it was sweet, she was embarrassed that she didn't got me anything. I told her that honestly I didn't go shopping for one, just saw it, so... I received a few hippo figurines, so those are my favorite.
Sport tickets IMO is a good birthday gift...

I think one small gift is thoughtful and appropriate... especially if you both like race cars.

I seem to have problems with larger gifts or a multitude of gifts where someone has really gone out of their way too early in the relationship.

Quote from bumblebee7:
OP..those sex comments were....jokes and sarcasm....don't take them seriously. and to fire back like that...shows issues generally.

I think I've only had one woman give something fairly early on....showing times haven't changed as much as we had hoped....or if they did, it was one sided still.

My sense of humor is sometimes underplayed. I thought the sex comments were funny. But my response must not have been?????? Perhaps I will have to take up drawing pictures to up my humor value or use "lol" more often so people know when I am joking too. lol.

So... what about a woman who cooks you dinner early on in the relationship? If sex and spending time with someone are considered a gifts, are home cooked meals considered a gift too? Do most men feel in general that women are a little slow in the giving area?

[Edited 6/18/2015 12:55:03 PM ]

6/18/2015 1:10:42 PM Thoughtful Gifts  
smexysuperstar
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Sapphire, NC
53, joined Sep. 2014

Some of the most thoughtful gifts I've received from past someone's I was dating...

A Camo shirt matching his, A pair of Gurkee sandals, A handmade carved candle, A computer, a handmade rose woven from sweet pampas grass, a nice goose down pillow.

Things I've gifted... Fishing lures, an Indian amulet necklace that was a heart carved from a deer antler, clothes, cologne, tools, and massages, lots of massages.

I don't think there is should be a rule for appropriate/inappropriate time for gift giving if it's truly from the heart. A gift is a token of appreciation and their just plain nice.

[Edited 6/18/2015 1:11:48 PM ]

6/18/2015 6:29:15 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

packersbabe920
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (74,382)
Green Bay, WI
51, joined Jul. 2013

Guess it's the thought what counts, whether they except it or not

6/18/2015 6:41:07 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

driver406
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (51,789)
Saint Paul, MN
65, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from bigdinv:
I gave a girl a warning before I came.

Good move and it was thoughtful!

6/18/2015 6:55:10 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from pickygirl72:
In the beginning no gifts should be exchanged. Maybe at the 6 month mark is good for all the shyt trinket gifts to be passed out. Ugh I hate that shyt. Just give me $20 I will go buy my own crappy gift, but something I like

I feel similarly to you. I prefer that gift giving start a little later when the relationship is on reciprocal grounds emotionally. Sometimes a gift too soon feels like an ulterior motive... even though I recognize that it is nice and thoughtful.

Quote from dixie_dancer:
To me those things mean more than any piece of jewelry or whatnot. Those gifts are thoughtful because they're exceptionally personal. Knowing the type of burrito I absolutely get a foodgasm from. Knowing which types of beer I like. Knowing that his old work boots are getting rough and the fact I work at a western store.

Those aren't gifts you could give to just ANY guy or girl.

This is a great place to be in a relationship!

Quote from smexysuperstar:
... and massages, lots of massages.

Who doesn't love a good massage? Almost as thoughtful as sex.

Quote from packersbabe920:
Guess it's the thought what counts, whether they except it or not

That is true. Sometimes there is a joy in giving to others just because you enjoy giving and you generally hope to make your partner happy. There is a point in a relationship where I am more like Dixie and the gift giving is just an extension of my feelings towards the man I love.

6/18/2015 7:41:12 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

pastmybedtime
Over 1,000 Posts (1,099)
Huntingdon, TN
41, joined Apr. 2015

The most overlooked and underappreciated gift people give is time.

In all reality it is the most precious gift that can be given by 2 people.

6/18/2015 7:51:54 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

cubcougar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,651)
Lucerne, CA
64, joined Oct. 2010

I always ask permission if I can cum inside of her ...

6/18/2015 9:14:25 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

pastmybedtime
Over 1,000 Posts (1,099)
Huntingdon, TN
41, joined Apr. 2015

Stay away from the taco sauce lickers cub

6/18/2015 9:20:34 PM Thoughtful Gifts  
nothingneeded
Over 2,000 Posts (2,256)
Johnston, IA
48, joined Sep. 2014

Money can't buy love neither gifts.

Now if you been with somwone for sometime (more then a few months) then i dont see anything wrong with a gift.
But..not going overboard.

I just can't imagine a woman wanting to give a thoughtful gift though...kind of makes it look like...
Oh im giving you a gift...please stay with me.

6/18/2015 10:44:21 PM Thoughtful Gifts  
smexysuperstar
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Sapphire, NC
53, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from pastmybedtime:

Amen to that

6/19/2015 1:02:24 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from pastmybedtime:

Quality time, attention, and affection are important for a relationship.

You are right. Time together is often taken for granted.

Quote from nothingneeded:
I just can't imagine a woman wanting to give a thoughtful gift though...kind of makes it look like...

Well, I suppose you might end up looking like a sugar-mama if you bought too many gifts.

I wonder do men perceive this as desperate? Or do women just think that's how it comes off?

6/19/2015 1:23:15 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from cubcougar:
I always ask permission if I can cum inside of her ...

A thoughtful gift of extra time.

lol.

6/19/2015 1:33:37 AM Thoughtful Gifts  
mccirrus
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,758)
Indianapolis, IN
38, joined Nov. 2010

Cash money is def my top choice. That's both thoughtful and practical ffs!

6/19/2015 2:17:49 AM Thoughtful Gifts  
tjl503
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,222)
Portland, OR
36, joined Dec. 2012

Shit, I like gifts. Who doesn't. I've learned a lot in my years, sometimes buying shit for women and getting nothing in return. Not that I expect it but it gets old if you're the only one giving. Some women think that laying on their back and spreading their legs a few times a week is enough giving and thoughtfulness.

I'd say wait until at least 3 months in that b*tch to buy her shit. If you want to know what to get your girl take her a** to the mall. You won't go out of there without her giving you 30 f**king ideas of what to surprise her with.

I've had 2 times in my life where women gave me a gift where I was tripping. The first knitted me a blanket of my favorite basketball team. I received it the 4th time I met her. I still have that f**ker but I got rid of her. It was really creepy how fast she was moving. The other woman bought me a very expensive watch that I pointed out I wanted. I wasn't pointing it out to have her buy it for me. I had only been with her for 3 months. Don't lead with money and gifts. Oh, and yeah, sports tickets are great gifts! If you really want to get your man a gift act like a f**king wh*re! Surprise him when he gets home!

6/19/2015 6:14:45 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

testsignup
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,307)
Springfield, VA
63, joined Sep. 2009

Calculated gifts are a problem. It's related to the whole "thought that counts" aspect. No matter how small the gift, if the plan behind it is manipulation or bribery or "schmoozing" then it's not really good for the relationship.

Locker room talk can be revealing. I've heard guys brag about how they have some standard FAKE "thoughtful gifts" that they use over and over to fool women into thinking they are deeply romantic.

I've had gifts be epic fails in various ways. So much so, that I get to be gun shy about gifting for some situations.

Mostly, I try not to think of what I want to accomplish with a gift, and just give it.

One last thing, the most appreciated "gifts" I've given or received, have been the ones where we didn't think of them as gifts at all. I or my mate just did some small wonderful thing because we wanted to do it, because we cared about each other, and not because we even had the word "gift" in our heads as we did it.

6/19/2015 7:55:11 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

hippo65
Albuquerque, NM
51, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from smexysuperstar:
Some of the most thoughtful gifts I've received from past someone's I was dating...

A Camo shirt matching his, A pair of Gurkee sandals, A handmade carved candle, A computer, a handmade rose woven from sweet pampas grass, a nice goose down pillow.

Things I've gifted... Fishing lures, an Indian amulet necklace that was a heart carved from a deer antler, clothes, cologne, tools, and massages, lots of massages.

I don't think there is should be a rule for appropriate/inappropriate time for gift giving if it's truly from the heart. A gift is a token of appreciation and their just plain nice.

A computer/
It's not funny I know, just funny how the other gifts were different.
And of course I agree, there is no appropriate/inappropriate time..

6/19/2015 8:21:16 AM Thoughtful Gifts  
latinasm
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,106)
Amarillo, TX
48, joined May. 2014

Gifts should be given cause he/ wants to an be from the heart!! There's no 'when's the right time' an it shouldn't matter what is the gift, as long as it's from the heart!
J/s

6/19/2015 8:24:26 AM Thoughtful Gifts  

hippo65
Albuquerque, NM
51, joined Apr. 2013

Well maybe not edible underwear on a first date..

6/19/2015 9:03:48 AM Thoughtful Gifts  
iheartidiots
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,286)
Grove City, OH
39, joined Feb. 2012

I don't need gifts persay. I like thoughtful gestures of actions. Or a simple text. Its the little things that mean the most to me.

6/19/2015 9:09:31 AM Thoughtful Gifts  
latinasm
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,106)
Amarillo, TX
48, joined May. 2014

6/19/2015 12:32:28 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from tjl503:
I've had 2 times in my life where women gave me a gift where I was tripping. The first knitted me a blanket of my favorite basketball team. I received it the 4th time I met her. I still have that f**ker but I got rid of her. It was really creepy how fast she was moving. The other woman bought me a very expensive watch that I pointed out I wanted. I wasn't pointing it out to have her buy it for me. I had only been with her for 3 months. Don't lead with money and gifts. Oh, and yeah, sports tickets are great gifts! If you really want to get your man a gift act like a f**king wh*re! Surprise him when he gets home!

Sorry, I do have to admit that I have cut down the amount of dinner cooking and whoring that I will do for the man I am dating because it sometimes is not always received well. It's better for this to be a surprise than a common every day thing. Perhaps too much of a good thing isn't so good.

Going to sports events is more my thing these days. I paid for opening day hockey tickets. He paid for basketball tickets for my birthday. We went to a bunch of games in between, but split costs.

Quote from testsignup:
One last thing, the most appreciated "gifts" I've given or received, have been the ones where we didn't think of them as gifts at all. I or my mate just did some small wonderful thing because we wanted to do it, because we cared about each other, and not because we even had the word "gift" in our heads as we did it.

I think the more a person's thoughtfulness blends in with the normal dating/relating process that the gesture is perceived as being just part of a GOOD relationship rather than a ploy. It seems to me that things are more comfortable and natural among two people who lean on the giving side.

6/19/2015 12:43:05 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

lucky_1million
Over 1,000 Posts (1,475)
Pewaukee, WI
50, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from hippo65:
A computer/

I once got a TV.

It was during the days that I preferred to be more active than to spend time watching TV at home so I had a tiny 15 inch TV just to listen to the news. The guy I was dating at the time had roommates and happened to have an extra. So, I inherited it with hesitation.

A computer would be thoughtful if the one you were using crashed.

6/19/2015 4:31:35 PM Thoughtful Gifts  
nothingneeded
Over 2,000 Posts (2,256)
Johnston, IA
48, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from lucky_1million:
Well, I suppose you might end up looking like a sugar-mama if you bought too many gifts.

I wonder do men perceive this as desperate? Or do women just think that's how it comes off?

Men would probably think you're desperate...buying a gift so early in a relationship...

6/19/2015 4:42:00 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

inni_dreamz
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,904)
Pasadena, CA
97, joined Nov. 2012

Quote from nothingneeded:
Money can't buy love neither gifts.

Now if you been with somwone for sometime (more then a few months) then i dont see anything wrong with a gift.
But..not going overboard.

No offense, but that seems very sad. That a woman can't give a man a gift unless she is desperate?

I don't believe that is true at all.

6/21/2015 9:14:03 PM Thoughtful Gifts  
transformative
Hartford, CT
40, joined Apr. 2015

Time and real love. My family only showed me love by gift giving, so materials dont mean much to me. My ex and I were poor...so for xmas I drew him a large picture of our favorite place...and he made me a wooden box to keep my journals... still friends, gifts we will always have. This new guy I went on a date with gave me a block with faces on each side to reflect different moods...sort of cute, thoughtful, personal...where did he get such a thing??? ((But at the same time seemed criticising of me...))) I guess, this is correct since yet again he had another "I dont feel well" excuse for not meeting up for our second date.

6/28/2015 8:24:57 PM Thoughtful Gifts  

fixingme
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,337)
New Iberia, LA
62, joined Aug. 2010

I used the print personals before we all had computers and I sent women romantic gifts before I met them.