Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

local hookup now

You can mold the data that you gather from the 1st date to identify whether you want a second 1, Tracy explains. gay dating aberdeen Her lifelong dream is to live with the Amish for a month, walk the Camino, and have lunch with Brené Brown. Here we have compiled some of the best ice breaker queries for dating for guys, girls, and couples. cityxguide brownsville That s an amazing way to see if you have the exact same sense of humor, which isalsoimportant.

mega personal dating site

Sex whilst dating can make numerous awful shades of gray, when what your partnership needs is some truthful black and white. chat online sonora HER also shares LGBTQ+ news and events taking place in your location, and there are smaller chat groups exactly where you can meet other users. As You Are lately built a dating app for the LGBTQ+ neighborhood in India. uber honey dating app He appears decent and i was giving this a final opportunity.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/26/2016 3:55:08 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,645)
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
Asanb, that does not answer my question.

I answered the question, but in truth the question is irrelevant. "God is a personality" for those who need to believe it. Most definitions of "God" speak more of the definer than the defined. Why do we need God to be a "person"? For your convenience? God is awareness, love, attention, consciousness, ............. Light, Music........

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/26/2016 4:25:14 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (188,071)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Urantia Book of Jokes

Good one, OP

1/26/2016 4:58:20 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,569)
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb:
I answered the question, but in truth the question is irrelevant. "God is a personality" for those who need to believe it. Most definitions of "God" speak more of the definer than the defined. Why do we need God to be a "person"? For your convenience? God is awareness, love, attention, consciousness, ............. Light, Music........

Previously you posted:

Jap Ji, Stanza 37

The Ruler of Sach Khand is known as Sat Purush, the True Being, in the Eastern terminology. The esoteric scriptures state that this Master of Love radiates a light that is equal to the light of billions of suns, although even this is still a scanty description of Him, for He is far beyond the expressiveness of human speech or reason in order to describe Him.

The Sat Purush (the highest revelation of God) steers and controls the creation and the dissolution of the entire cosmic systems of universes below Him, but His own realm is not affected by any such changes. At last, this True Being gains His power from the Supreme Lord of all being, among the Adepts of Mysticism known as Anami Purush, the Nameless One."

I count 10 instances in the above where Sat Purush, "the highest revelation of God" is identified/referred to as a being, a personality, yet you claim God is not a personality so it appears you don't even believe what you post.

[Edited 1/26/2016 4:59:51 PM ]

1/26/2016 5:56:05 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
Previously you posted:

Jap Ji, Stanza 37

The Ruler of Sach Khand is known as Sat Purush, the True Being, in the Eastern terminology. The esoteric scriptures state that this Master of Love radiates a light that is equal to the light of billions of suns, although even this is still a scanty description of Him, for He is far beyond the expressiveness of human speech or reason in order to describe Him.

The Sat Purush (the highest revelation of God) steers and controls the creation and the dissolution of the entire cosmic systems of universes below Him, but His own realm is not affected by any such changes. At last, this True Being gains His power from the Supreme Lord of all being, among the Adepts of Mysticism known as Anami Purush, the Nameless One."

I count 10 instances in the above where Sat Purush, "the highest revelation of God" is identified/referred to as a being, a personality, yet you claim God is not a personality so it appears you don't even believe what you post.

This is where trying to explain a spiritual being in a physical sense has limits KB. We bring things down to what we can relate too. We give it characteristic traits in our descriptions to bring into a physical level we can relate and understand. That doesn't make that being physical though its just our perception.

1/26/2016 6:26:04 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from irishrose0906:
This is where trying to explain a spiritual being in a physical sense has limits KB. We bring things down to what we can relate too. We give it characteristic traits in our descriptions to bring into a physical level we can relate and understand. That doesn't make that being physical though its just our perception.

Are you an atheist, agnostic, Hindu or what? If God were not a personality there would be no personalities. If God was not a personality but rather just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct.

1/26/2016 6:46:43 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,625)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

I believe she has stated that she is christian.

Quoted from a different thread from irishrose

I'm a Christian and I'm not scared. Of course I don't belong to a church either. The spiritual path for me is an inner journey and not an outer religion. The God I believe in is loving, compassionate, and isn't judgmental at all. When I first started my journey I had the same views as many Christians. But has I have traveled the path I have come too understand that the bible that many worship is the biggest parable written.

1/26/2016 6:53:33 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from olderthandirt20:

Quoted from a different thread from irishrose

I'm a Christian and I'm not scared. Of course I don't belong to a church either. The spiritual path for me is an inner journey and not an outer religion. The God I believe in is loving, compassionate, and isn't judgmental at all. When I first started my journey I had the same views as many Christians. But has I have traveled the path I have come too understand that the bible that many worship is the biggest parable written.

Well, sorry, but I can't keep up with what everyone says on different threads and FWIW it appears to me that such a statement would be a good statement to be on her profile along with.. "No contacts please. I'm just here for the forums."

1/26/2016 6:57:51 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

I think everyone has the option to fill in /or not what they wish in their profile.
Considering what some female posters have told me I can understand why she would choose to be invisible profile wise.

1/26/2016 7:23:22 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Well, I really can't fathom why a Christian would imply/assert that God/Jesus wasn't a Divine Personality.

1/26/2016 7:48:50 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Well let me ask you one simple question.
Do you realize there are christians who question your belief in TUB ?

1/26/2016 8:08:38 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
Are you an atheist, agnostic, Hindu or what? If God were not a personality there would be no personalities.
Of course God is a personality. He walked past Moses. All Moses got see was his ass. If God has an a** he must take craps too.

Malachi 2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

If God was not a personality but rather just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct.
God has a personality disorder considering his script was written by not very smart sheep herders.

1/26/2016 8:46:17 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
Previously you posted:

Jap Ji, Stanza 37

Didja also notice that I was posting a quote from another web page? These are not my words.

That's what the last line means

1/26/2016 8:56:36 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Kb, you ignore the larger concept and pick away at silly details. Is God a concept with a set of specifications that are unalterable? Is it so important that everyone agree with your perceptions? Why is your concept of God "correct", and everyone Else's wrong? What does that say about you and the God you worship?

1/26/2016 9:23:08 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Well let me ask you one simple question.
Do you realize there are christians who question your belief in TUB ?

Of course and it stands to reason because they haven't read TUB and they for the most part are not interested in reading TUB because the church has brainwashed them into believing the book the church compiled is all God's word/truth no matter what it says about God that is totally incompatible with the teachings of Jesus - yet they call themselves Christians.

1/26/2016 9:32:05 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb: Didja also notice that I was posting a quote from another web page? These are not my words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why post what you don't believe?

1/26/2016 9:47:42 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
Quote from asanb: Didja also notice that I was posting a quote from another web page? These are not my words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why post what you don't believe?

Because "believe" isn't important.

1/26/2016 9:47:51 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb: Kb, you ignore the larger concept and pick away at silly details. Is God a concept with a set of specifications that are unalterable? Is it so important that everyone agree with your perceptions? Why is your concept of God "correct", and everyone Else's wrong? What does that say about you and the God you worship?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
What larger concept are you talking about?
What silly details are you talking about?
What specifications are you talking about?
When did you start speaking for everyone else?
What does what say about me and the God I worship?

You say a lot of nothing and for the most part it is to ambiguous to reply to.

If God was not a personality but rather as you assert just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct and your meditative destination would be to become likewise. Is that your goal, asanb? To become and impersonal it that doesn't love or care about anyone?

1/26/2016 9:51:04 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb: Because "believe" isn't important.
~~~~~~~~~
That's just stupid. If you don't believe in anything why do you listen to your gurus and practice meditation?

1/26/2016 10:01:12 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from asanb:
Kb, you ignore the larger concept and pick away at silly details. Is God a concept with a set of specifications that are unalterable? Is it so important that everyone agree with your perceptions? Why is your concept of God "correct", and everyone Else's wrong? What does that say about you and the God you worship?

Good point. God is defined by concepts, ideas, thoughts, and of course delusions. God is imaginary. Thousands of different gods have been imagined.

When someone worships God they are just worshiping themselves.

1/26/2016 10:04:58 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from asanb:
Because "believe" isn't important.

Another very good point, maybe the best point because beliefs don't imply facts. Just because someone believes doesn't make it true. So when you say it's not important, you understand that it doesn't change what is.

If anyone wants to know anything worth knowing they should ask what you know, not what do you believe.

[Edited 1/26/2016 10:05:40 PM ]

1/27/2016 7:15:34 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,836)
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from kb2222:
~~~~~~~~~
That's just stupid. If you don't believe in anything why do you listen to your gurus and practice meditation?

what has believing and listening to do with one another?

1/27/2016 7:56:03 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
~~~~~~~~~

Because it delivers real results that can be seen and heard, not "believed", Known.

1/27/2016 10:11:16 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from kb2222:
Quote from asanb: Kb, you ignore the larger concept and pick away at silly details. Is God a concept with a set of specifications that are unalterable? Is it so important that everyone agree with your perceptions? Why is your concept of God "correct", and everyone Else's wrong? What does that say about you and the God you worship?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If God was not a personality but rather as you assert just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct and your meditative destination would be to become likewise. Is that your goal, asanb? To become and impersonal it that doesn't love or care about anyone?

1/27/2016 10:23:18 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from aphrodisianus:
Another very good point, maybe the best point because beliefs don't imply facts. Just because someone believes doesn't make it true. So when you say it's not important, you understand that it doesn't change what is.

You don't think it important to believe in a God who can give continuity of life after death for those who believe?

If anyone wants to know anything worth knowing they should ask what you know, not what do you believe.

Do you "know" God doesn't exist?

1/27/2016 2:01:32 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,106)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from asanb:
Because it delivers real results that can be seen and heard, not "believed", Known.

And it also encourages a person to think for themselves, not blindly take what they tell you to believe.

1/27/2016 2:07:35 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

kb2222: is a perfect example of religious brainwashing, has his answers, regardless of how ridiculous they might be, asks questions that have many answers, but only accepts the one he is conditioned to believe, and then flat out refuses to answer direct questions.

1/27/2016 4:18:40 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
Are you an atheist, agnostic, Hindu or what? If God were not a personality there would be no personalities. If God was not a personality but rather just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct.

Are you an atheist, agnostic, Hindu or what? Why must I be one or another? If you must have a label for me I call myself a Christian because I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. But I have studied all religions including your TUB.

If God were not a personality there would be no personalities: God is not a respector of persons. What do you think this means? God does not see your physical being. He does not see you as you appear in this material realm. When he checks in on KB he doesn't see your physical being, he see's your spiritual being. You created your personality while here in the material realm, through your life experience's that shaped and molded you. God didn't create that you did. God created your spiritual being, the part of you that is pure, conscious energy. This is what God see's when he checks in on you, your energy pattern, your vibration, your I AM presence.

If God was not a personality but rather just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct: So your saying that consciousness, has to relate to a personality? You are thinking inside a box? And limiting God's potential. Your saying conscious energy which is spirit can't feel the energy pattern of another spirit? Do you think when you die you can take any of what you have created here in this realm with you?

1/27/2016 4:38:20 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Are you an atheist, agnostic, Hindu or what? Why must I be one or another? If you must have a label for me I call myself a Christian because I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. But I have studied all religions including your TUB.

If God were not a personality there would be no personalities: God is not a respector of persons. What do you think this means? God does not see your physical being. He does not see you as you appear in this material realm. When he checks in on KB he doesn't see your physical being, he see's your spiritual being. You created your personality while here in the material realm, through your life experience's that shaped and molded you. God didn't create that you did. God created your spiritual being, the part of you that is pure, conscious energy. This is what God see's when he checks in on you, your energy pattern, your vibration, your I AM presence.

If God was not a personality but rather just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct: So your saying that consciousness, has to relate to a personality? You are thinking inside a box? And limiting God's potential. Your saying conscious energy which is spirit can't feel the energy pattern of another spirit? Do you think when you die you can take any of what you have created here in this realm with you?

Are you telling me you do not believe in the Fatherhood of God that Jesus taught? And you never say the Lord's prayer? God doesn't have to see my body to know me for a fragment of God dwells within the mind of every normal minded human being and He knows mine and everyone else's thoughts.

Food for thought:

1:5.1 (27.3) Do not permit the magnitude of God, his infinity, either to obscure or eclipse his personality. “He who planned the ear, shall he not hear? He who formed the eye, shall he not see?” The Universal Father is the acme of divine personality; he is the origin and destiny of personality throughout all creation. God is both infinite and personal; he is an infinite personality. The Father is truly a personality, notwithstanding that the infinity of his person places him forever beyond the full comprehension of material and finite beings. *

1:5.2 (27.4) God is much more than a personality as personality is understood by the human mind; he is even far more than any possible concept of a superpersonality. But it is utterly futile to discuss such incomprehensible concepts of divine personality with the minds of material creatures whose maximum concept of the reality of being consists in the idea and ideal of personality. The material creature’s highest possible concept of the Universal Creator is embraced within the spiritual ideals of the exalted idea of divine personality. Therefore, although you may know that God must be much more than the human conception of personality, you equally well know that the Universal Father cannot possibly be anything less than an eternal, infinite, true, good, and beautiful personality.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-1-universal-father

1/27/2016 5:10:12 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
Are you telling me you do not believe in the Fatherhood of God that Jesus taught? And you never say the Lord's prayer? God doesn't have to see my body to know me for a fragment of God dwells within the mind of every normal minded human being and He knows mine and everyone else's thoughts.

Food for thought:

1:5.1 (27.3) Do not permit the magnitude of God, his infinity, either to obscure or eclipse his personality. “He who planned the ear, shall he not hear? He who formed the eye, shall he not see?” The Universal Father is the acme of divine personality; he is the origin and destiny of personality throughout all creation. God is both infinite and personal; he is an infinite personality. The Father is truly a personality, notwithstanding that the infinity of his person places him forever beyond the full comprehension of material and finite beings. *

1:5.2 (27.4) God is much more than a personality as personality is understood by the human mind; he is even far more than any possible concept of a superpersonality. But it is utterly futile to discuss such incomprehensible concepts of divine personality with the minds of material creatures whose maximum concept of the reality of being consists in the idea and ideal of personality. The material creature’s highest possible concept of the Universal Creator is embraced within the spiritual ideals of the exalted idea of divine personality. Therefore, although you may know that God must be much more than the human conception of personality, you equally well know that the Universal Father cannot possibly be anything less than an eternal, infinite, true, good, and beautiful personality.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-1-universal-father

I don't dispute anything in that post from TUB. I took you post to Asnab as stating that you see God as a man sitting on a throne in the kingdom of heaven. My post was stating that you can be and have a personality without a physical presence.

Yes, I am a daughter of God and a sister too all.
Yes, I often say the Lords Prayer and meditate and receive progressive revelations.

1/27/2016 5:24:16 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

I don't dispute anything in that post from TUB. I took you post to Asnab as stating that you see God as a man sitting on a throne in the kingdom of heaven. My post was stating that you can be and have a personality without a physical presence.

Yes, I am a daughter of God and a sister too all.
Yes, I often say the Lords Prayer and meditate and receive progressive revelations.

Amen!

Here's some more food for thought from TUB:

1:5.12 (29.2) In the contemplation of Deity, the concept of personality must be divested of the idea of corporeality. A material body is not indispensable to personality in either man or God. The corporeality error is shown in both extremes of human philosophy. In materialism, since man loses his body at death, he ceases to exist as a personality; in pantheism, since God has no body, he is not, therefore, a person. The superhuman type of progressing personality functions in a union of mind and spirit.

1:5.13 (29.3) Personality is not simply an attribute of God; it rather stands for the totality of the co-ordinated infinite nature and the unified divine will which is exhibited in eternity and universality of perfect expression. Personality, in the supreme sense, is the revelation of God to the universe of universes.

1:5.14 (29.4) God, being eternal, universal, absolute, and infinite, does not grow in knowledge nor increase in wisdom. God does not acquire experience, as finite man might conjecture or comprehend, but he does, within the realms of his own eternal personality, enjoy those continuous expansions of self-realization which are in certain ways comparable to, and analogous with, the acquirement of new experience by the finite creatures of the evolutionary worlds.

1:5.15 (29.5) The absolute perfection of the infinite God would cause him to suffer the awful limitations of unqualified finality of perfectness were it not a fact that the Universal Father directly participates in the personality struggle of every imperfect soul in the wide universe who seeks, by divine aid, to ascend to the spiritually perfect worlds on high. This progressive experience of every spirit being and every mortal creature throughout the universe of universes is a part of the Father’s ever-expanding Deity-consciousness of the never-ending divine circle of ceaseless self-realization.

1:5.16 (29.6) It is literally true: “In all your afflictions he is afflicted.” “In all your triumphs he triumphs in and with you.” His prepersonal divine spirit is a real part of you. The Isle of Paradise responds to all the physical metamorphoses of the universe of universes; the Eternal Son includes all the spirit impulses of all creation; the Conjoint Actor encompasses all the mind expression of the expanding cosmos. The Universal Father realizes in the fullness of the divine consciousness all the individual experience of the progressive struggles of the expanding minds and the ascending spirits of every entity, being, and personality of the whole evolutionary creation of time and space. And all this is literally true, for “in Him we all live and move and have our being.” *

1/27/2016 6:42:37 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
You don't think it important to believe in a God who can give continuity of life after death for those who believe?
It's important to know the kinds of nonsense and superstitious garbage people believe in to understand people who believe in it. And we do know that death as a life is absurd nonsense because every living thing eventually dies it and decays. Few humans have lived over 110. There was never anyone living 200 years. Perhaps when science has a breakthrough to control telemeres and aging genes we can live to 1000 but until then you worship death and decay. And that makes sense because your mind is decayed.

Do you "know" God doesn't exist?
No, I know that God does exist. Read my OP in the thread "God does exist!".

[Edited 1/27/2016 6:43:48 PM ]

1/27/2016 6:50:13 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from kb2222:

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I don't think he realizes just how insane that comment really is.

I mean if that is all it takes, why stop there, believe in a god who fulfills all of your fantasies, good wine, loose women, all 10's of course, big house, Mercedes in the driveway, gold, diamonds,

If we can just invent what to believe in, I think a shrink is the first stop.

1/27/2016 11:22:55 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

@ KB
"You don't think it important to believe in a God who can give continuity of life after death for those who believe? "

Why is "believe" so important? Does God measure a seeker by the ideas in his mind, or by the compassion he demonstrates? Once again- It isn't about what you think, it's about what you DO.

Is it more important than "is"? How about Intend, Awaken, Transcend, Understand, or devotion?
Some parts of religion venerate remembrance of the past in Ceremony and scriptural reading (yes The TUB is included in that). Some parts enshrine the future- The promise of salvation for the believer. The forgotten part is the present- here and now, where we can CHOOSE the higher path; to investigate the spiritual center of or selves and venerate the living consciousness that enlivens us even in the eyes of our fellow beings as being manifestations of the unity we seek.

Or not. And choose to Accept someone else's revelation as our own.

William Sadler's revelation isn't mine, nor is Mark's, Luke's or John's. Mine is inside me, and not in my ego driven head. And it isn't likely that it will come from any other book or churchy place either.

1/27/2016 11:53:00 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Revelation is a more important word than Believe. It's about discovering or uncovering a truth that already exists. TUB, the book of Mormon, The Koran, and the Bible are all supposed to be written about revelations. The truth of them may or may not be accurate or meaningful to the reader or the listener. The Important part is this: They are someone else's Revelation. Knowing them, studying them, revering them, may have impact on the theology or perspective of the reader, BUT; They are someone else's revelation. And if you try to insist that they are your own revelation, you are lying to yourself and the reality within you that you call God. This is where most institutional religions fail. They attempt to substitute "belief" for the hard truth and Journey of spirituality that leads to personal revelation.

1/28/2016 9:09:39 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Asanb, how about responding to this post which I have now repeated for the second time.

Quote from kb2222:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/28/2016 2:28:22 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Speaking of jokes uranta style here's one to get a chuckle.

The Urantia Book
Paper 62
The Dawn Races of Early Man

Excerpt: 62:0.1 (703.1) ABOUT one million years ago the immediate ancestors of mankind made their appearance by three successive and sudden mutations stemming from early stock of the lemur type of placental mammal. The dominant factors of these early lemurs were derived from the western or later American group of the evolving life plasm. But before establishing the direct line of human ancestry, this strain was reinforced by contributions from the central life implantation evolved in Africa. The eastern life group contributed little or nothing to the actual production of the human species.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-62-dawn-races-early-man

Man does not spring from the great apes but from lemurs?

1/28/2016 4:27:32 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from asanb:
Revelation is a more important word than Believe. It's about discovering or uncovering a truth that already exists. TUB, the book of Mormon, The Koran, and the Bible are all supposed to be written about revelations. The truth of them may or may not be accurate or meaningful to the reader or the listener. The Important part is this: They are someone else's Revelation. Knowing them, studying them, revering them, may have impact on the theology or perspective of the reader, BUT; They are someone else's revelation. And if you try to insist that they are your own revelation, you are lying to yourself and the reality within you that you call God. This is where most institutional religions fail. They attempt to substitute "belief" for the hard truth and Journey of spirituality that leads to personal revelation.

Stunningly accurate Asnab! Very well put..

1/28/2016 4:30:16 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Man does not spring from the great apes but from lemurs?

Yes, that's right and that's why we still have apes that are apes.

1. The Early Lemur Types

62:1.1 (703.2) The early lemurs concerned in the ancestry of the human species were not directly related to the pre-existent tribes of gibbons and apes then living in Eurasia and northern Africa, whose progeny have survived to the present time. Neither were they the offspring of the modern type of lemur, though springing from an ancestor common to both but long since extinct.

62:1.2 (703.3) While these early lemurs evolved in the Western Hemisphere, the establishment of the direct mammalian ancestry of mankind took place in southwestern Asia, in the original area of the central life implantation but on the borders of the eastern regions. Several million years ago the North American type lemurs had migrated westward over the Bering land bridge and had slowly made their way southwestward along the Asiatic coast. These migrating tribes finally reached the salubrious region lying between the then expanded Mediterranean Sea and the elevating mountainous regions of the Indian peninsula. In these lands to the west of India they united with other and favorable strains, thus establishing the ancestry of the human race.

62:1.3 (703.4) With the passing of time the seacoast of India southwest of the mountains gradually submerged, completely isolating the life of this region. There was no avenue of approach to, or escape from, this Mesopotamian or Persian peninsula except to the north, and that was repeatedly cut off by the southern invasions of the glaciers. And it was in this then almost paradisiacal area, and from the superior descendants of this lemur type of mammal, that there sprang two great groups, the simian tribes of modern times and the present-day human species.

1/28/2016 4:49:42 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Stunningly accurate Asnab! Very well put..

Sorry, but I fail to understand your reasoning. Asanb believes God is an impersonal it that doesn't care what anyone thinks or does and I know of no one who is lying to their self claiming the teachings of Jesus are their own revelation. As a Christian you believe and more importantly live His teachings but you certainly do not claim his teachings are your own revelation. Do you?

1/28/2016 5:27:34 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
Sorry, but I fail to understand your reasoning. Asanb believes God is an impersonal it that doesn't care what anyone thinks or does and I know of no one who is lying to their self claiming the teachings of Jesus are their own revelation. As a Christian you believe and more importantly live His teachings but you certainly do not claim his teachings are your own revelation. Do you?

You are doing exactly that when you Place "belief in Jesus" as the reason you are assured of salvation. Belief in anything does not result in salvation or more importantly- Liberation. You must do the hard work of separating yourself from this world while alive, by removing your attention from this world and placing it within. REVEALING the inner world within you. Becoming immersed in it. Personal revelation. Dead people can't do that. They're dead, and just moving on into the next cycle of birth and death.

I was told that this path is exactly what Jesus taught his disciples, and that the masses were given parables. Some of the language of the bible refers to light within, and the single eye, doesn't it.

1/28/2016 5:27:47 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Ah I do love a good laugh , thanks

1/28/2016 5:50:49 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb:
You are doing exactly that when you Place "belief in Jesus" as the reason you are assured of salvation. Belief in anything does not result in salvation or more importantly- Liberation. You must do the hard work of separating yourself from this world while alive, by removing your attention from this world and placing it within. REVEALING the inner world within you. Becoming immersed in it. Personal revelation. Dead people can't do that. They're dead, and just moving on into the next cycle of birth and death.

I was told that this path is exactly what Jesus taught his disciples, and that the masses were given parables. Some of the language of the bible refers to light within, and the single eye, doesn't it.

Yes, of course Jesus taught the "kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:21) and is gained by abiding personality intercourse with God, the Divine Personality that created all things and beings who calls man to perfection.

Again, asanb, if God was not a personality but rather as you assert just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct and your meditative destination would be to become likewise. Is that your goal, asanb? To become and impersonal it that doesn't love or care about anyone?

1/28/2016 5:56:27 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Ah I do love a good laugh , thanks

In truth if you are laughing you are laughing at your own arrogant self who can't stand to be wrong or even civil it appears.

1/28/2016 6:28:40 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Like you would know truth or civility

1/28/2016 6:33:31 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

I know that apes are still apes. That's more than you know.

1/28/2016 7:39:17 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
Sorry, but I fail to understand your reasoning. Asanb believes God is an impersonal it that doesn't care what anyone thinks or does...
Seems to be true in your case. No voice in your head telling you to see a mental health professional. God obvious doesn't give shit and you don't give shit.

and I know of no one who is lying to their self claiming the teachings of Jesus are their own revelation.
Jesus taught some disgusting stuff. Bigotry, self hatred, animal abuse, among other things. Why would anyone follow that garbage?

[Edited 1/28/2016 7:39:54 PM ]

1/28/2016 8:59:26 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Go see a mental health professional and spew your garbage out to him/her. I'm not about to waste my time rebutting the crap you spew out.

1/28/2016 9:03:24 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
Yes, of course Jesus taught the "kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:21) and is gained by abiding personality intercourse with God, the Divine Personality that created all things and beings who calls man to perfection.

Again, asanb, if God was not a personality but rather as you assert just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct and your meditative destination would be to become likewise. Is that your goal, asanb? To become and impersonal it that doesn't love or care about anyone?

The record is skipping and the tune is the same. Can you change the record?
I have said plenty about my methods, goals and aspirations. If you can't perceive them perhaps you might consider re-reading and applying some logic and common intellect to my posts.

1/28/2016 9:21:53 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb:
The record is skipping and the tune is the same. Can you change the record?
I have said plenty about my methods, goals and aspirations. If you can't perceive them perhaps you might consider re-reading and applying some logic and common intellect to my posts.

Why don't you stop evading and answer my question?

1/29/2016 4:43:26 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Becoming and impersonal it. KB you have the mindset that you take take anything you created here into the ascended realm with you. You can't, nothing physical can enter into the spiritual realm. And holding on to anything will prevent you from ascending and achieving the highest potential. You have to break free and give up the ghost and you can't do that if you are tied emotionally, or mentally, or by your own created identity.
When you stand on the threshold of that lighted tunnel. You have to be able to look back at you physical life and say to yourself their is nothing below for me. I am below as I am above free of all earthly desires, all mental attachments, all feelings of the fallen consciousness. I know I AM more.

1/29/2016 6:27:15 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:

Because your questions are unsubstantial meaningless invitations to argument. I've said enough.

1/29/2016 6:56:41 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from kb2222:

Did you ever ask a psychiatrist any questions? If you don't know what to ask I'll help you.

1) Why do I believe some books are written by aliens?
2) Why do I hear psychic transmissions from aliens in my head?

You'll get answers and medication.

1/29/2016 9:29:29 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb:
Because your questions are unsubstantial meaningless invitations to argument. I've said enough.

What you say is BS.

Again, if you do not believe in God as a Divine Creator Personality concerned with the development of a noble character you have no relationship with God and while meditation can cause one to experience a higher (different) realm of consciousness it in and of itself leads nowhere. Fwiw, I have experienced an out of the body experience thus I know consciousness is not dependent on a corporeal body but this has no real value if one does not realize and value that life has purpose and a destiny and that destiny is oneness with God the Father, the First Source and Center of all things and Beings, the Divine, Eternal, and Loving Personality behind all of creation.

Your reason above not to answer my question is nothing but dishonest evasive BS. How is it an argument to expect a honest answer to a question, asanb?

Again, if God was not a personality but rather as you assert just a impersonal it, force or power such a impersonal it would not be concerned with creature love or conduct and your meditative destination would be to become likewise.

Is that your goal, asanb, to become and "impersonal it" that doesn't love or care about anyone?

[Edited 1/29/2016 9:30:01 AM ]

1/29/2016 9:44:04 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Becoming and impersonal it. KB you have the mindset that you take take anything you created here into the ascended realm with you. You can't, nothing physical can enter into the spiritual realm. And holding on to anything will prevent you from ascending and achieving the highest potential. You have to break free and give up the ghost and you can't do that if you are tied emotionally, or mentally, or by your own created identity.
When you stand on the threshold of that lighted tunnel. You have to be able to look back at you physical life and say to yourself their is nothing below for me. I am below as I am above free of all earthly desires, all mental attachments, all feelings of the fallen consciousness. I know I AM more.

For the life of me I don't understand how you could reach the conclusions about me you say in your post. Of course, the physical body dies, returns to the elements from which it came. And you can take nothing with you to the next life but the developed character of your evolving soul/personality. God is Spirit and life is a spiritual as well as a physical event and I have never indicated I believe anything but this so please think more carefully about what I say and when necessary quote what I say and ask a question or two BEFORE you come out lambasting me with such erroneous and unwarranted post comments as you make in your above post. Thank you. I would appreciate it.

1/29/2016 10:42:37 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

There's that failure to understand again, ever wonder why it occurs so often kb?

1/29/2016 11:18:35 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

There's that failure to understand again, ever wonder why it occurs so often kb?

I understand that you are an egotistical arrogant atheist troll which you prove in almost every post.

1/29/2016 5:03:53 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
For the life of me I don't understand how you could reach the conclusions about me you say in your post. Of course, the physical body dies, returns to the elements from which it came. And you can take nothing with you to the next life but the developed character of your evolving soul/personality. God is Spirit and life is a spiritual as well as a physical event and I have never indicated I believe anything but this so please think more carefully about what I say and when necessary quote what I say and ask a question or two BEFORE you come out lambasting me with such erroneous and unwarranted post comments as you make in your above post. Thank you. I would appreciate it.

My apologies if you thought I was lambasting you, that was not my intention. You seem to have a hard time when people challenge you beliefs. But, yet you are constantly challenging others. I don't say this to attack you, but only to point out the beam in your own eyes. Sometimes we can't see the beam in our own eyes because of our perception filters. Those mental images and thoughts we have created and locked in our mental box, based on our spiritual understanding and experiences. I see that often in Lud, when he states the Catholic Church is the only true church, and true path. You are insisting that your vision of God is the correct vision, and that Asnab's vision can not be. God is many things to all people, and can be perceived differently to each person. God has no limits, and he has no perceptions filters like we do.

So you see my dear you do have a mental box, Asnab has tried repeatedly to explain to you his thought process, his beliefs on inner enlightenment, his concept of God's qualities. But you can't get past you own concepts of God, to gain understanding of his. You believe that because it doesn't fit in with those qualities you have locked in your mental box about God, that his perception of God must be wrong . This is what trips everyone up when it come to spiritual matters. We all have formed our own mental images and have projected those images unto God. We have tried to limit God to our understanding, instead of raising our understanding to unite with God.

1/29/2016 5:33:14 PM Urantia Book of Jokes  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

My apologies if you thought I was lambasting you, that was not my intention. You seem to have a hard time when people challenge you beliefs. But, yet you are constantly challenging others. I don't say this to attack you, but only to point out the beam in your own eyes. Sometimes we can't see the beam in our own eyes because of our perception filters. Those mental images and thoughts we have created and locked in our mental box, based on our spiritual understanding and experiences. I see that often in Lud, when he states the Catholic Church is the only true church, and true path. You are insisting that your vision of God is the correct vision, and that Asnab's vision can not be. God is many things to all people, and can be perceived differently to each person. God has no limits, and he has no perceptions filters like we do.

So you see my dear you do have a mental box, Asnab has tried repeatedly to explain to you his thought process, his beliefs on inner enlightenment, his concept of God's qualities. But you can't get past you own concepts of God, to gain understanding of his. You believe that because it doesn't fit in with those qualities you have locked in your mental box about God, that his perception of God must be wrong . This is what trips everyone up when it come to spiritual matters. We all have formed our own mental images and have projected those images unto God. We have tried to limit God to our understanding, instead of raising our understanding to unite with God.

I have a hard time when people misrepresent my beliefs. Do you believe God is an impersonal it that doesn't care what anyone thinks or does as asanb has said he does? If I question asnab as I have in the post above and ask him to answer my question how is it your eyes you see me in a "mental box"? As a Christian don't you think his perception of God is wrong? Are you afraid to question him about it? Or do you want to just attempt to belittle those who do? I am not trying to limit God in the least. Where the heck to you get that from? Take the beam out of your eyes and quote something I have said that indicates I am limiting God. Asanb's "vision of God" is ridiculous as my post and question to him in my above post points out and that's why he consistently evades honestly answering it.

[Edited 1/29/2016 5:35:18 PM ]

1/30/2016 8:57:30 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
I have a hard time when people misrepresent my beliefs. Do you believe God is an impersonal it that doesn't care what anyone thinks or does as asanb has said he does? If I question asnab as I have in the post above and ask him to answer my question how is it your eyes you see me in a "mental box"? As a Christian don't you think his perception of God is wrong? Are you afraid to question him about it? Or do you want to just attempt to belittle those who do? I am not trying to limit God in the least. Where the heck to you get that from? Take the beam out of your eyes and quote something I have said that indicates I am limiting God. Asanb's "vision of God" is ridiculous as my post and question to him in my above post points out and that's why he consistently evades honestly answering it.

1. What authority do you have to judge another person's belief's ridiculous?
2. Why do you think Asnab has to answer to you? Who gave you the authority to
demand an answer from anyone?
3. Asnab did answer your question, he told you how he perceived God, and you disagreed with his view, and then went on to demand more answers from him.
4. Your in a mental box because no matter what Asnab would say to you. You wouldn't see his view, because you were too stuck on your own. He bowed out of the conversation because he saw NO point in going any further. Your mind was already made up. You just wanted an answer to a question because you wanted to use that answer to confront his beliefs. You wanted to argue the point and he felt no need to do that.
5. I don't have to question Asnab about his beliefs. I have studied many different religions and have gained understanding of his beliefs. I feel NO need to confront him, or change him, or conform him, I accept him as he is.
6. As a Christian I love my brothers and sister and don't judge them. I don't create stumbling blocks for them. I try to gain understanding of where they are coming from. Not by confronting them and arguing with them. But from sincerely trying to learn from them. I have done the same with FJO by reading the TUB. Once you made a point of studying all religions you come to see they each are based on some spiritual truth. And they are each meant to serve a purpose of raising a person's consciousness. But none and I repeat none are all truth. Each has been written or divinely inspired, but still only at the spiritual level the author or messenger has attained.
7. You are limiting God by saying that God can only be seen the way you see him as a personality. God appeared to many in different forms in the bible. Why must he assume only the one you see? This is your view of God you see him as a personality, this is the image you have created for him. I have not created an image of God, nor will I allow myself too. I have no need of a Golden Calf. I just know I feel God's love, energy, and acceptance, that is all I need. What form, traits, and characteristics God has doesn't matter, it is a mute point to God's existence. What I'm saying is it matters not to me if God is an old man sitting on a throne, or a being made of pure conscious energy. It will not change my belief, not will it alter my spiritual path or my goal to win my ascension and join with God.
8. I have no reason to fear Asnab at all nor confront his beliefs. I love him and I have learned much from him. I admire the beauty of his spirit and his peaceful nature. And I know I can ask him any question and get a sincere answer, not once have I ever had a confrontation with Asnab on beliefs, because I respect his beliefs, and I feel he respects me and mine. Just like non-standard I always try to see where he is coming from, and try to understand, I don't attack him and demand answers to questions, I don't belittle him and his beliefs. If I don't understand what he means I simply say. You have confused me rephrase that. If I happen to disagree with him, I simply say I don't see it that way, here's my take. I don't attack his intelligence. People are more likely to respond to you and share there beliefs with you when you become an open door to wanting to understand instead of criticize or confront.

1/30/2016 9:13:41 AM Urantia Book of Jokes  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,520)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Peace