Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

datehookup mobile sign in

If you already have a vision for your startup in thoughts, then you might want to skip straight into obtaining to know your potential co founder on a deeper level. meet latino singles Aside from assisting you learn much more about your date in terms of their preferences, this or that inquiries can be exciting subjects to talk about. Or, probably you have even been that final minute ghoster. knoxville skipthegames Just have decided that I m prepared for a Relationship.

offline datehookup com

It really is this whole concept that the very first date can be super informative without getting awkward, said Yagan. san bernardino dating Yes, I have met my man on Lovepedia and I am pleased to delete my profile right here nowadays. That s why the ideal way to uncover out if you chemistry with a person is by hanging out with them in actual life, as quickly as the moment feels suitable. cougar life browse About 75 % of Hinge customers opt to go on a second date soon after meeting their matches.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/21/2016 5:05:22 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (33,062)
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

In God's eyes there are no degenerate strains of peoples. There are sinners, but God is always happy to forgive the repentant sinner.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/21/2016 5:43:43 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from isna_la_wica:
I like to consider my self as being a Christ Follower.

But have my doubts how well I do that, and have to question my self every day.

This topic reminds me of Luke 9:

"46 And there entered a reasoning among them, this, Who may be greater of them?
47 and Jesus having seen the reasoning of their heart, having taken hold of a child, set him beside himself,
48 and said to them, `Whoever may receive this child in my name, doth receive me, and whoever may receive me, doth receive Him who sent me, for he who is least among you all -- he shall be great.'
49 And John answering said, `Master, we saw a certain one in thy name casting forth the demons, and we forbade him, because he doth not follow with us;'
50 and Jesus said unto him, `Forbid not, for he who is not against us, is for us.'

Now I have no doubts at all about my Salvation, or that I am adopted by the Lord.

But how good am I at that? Do I really do things because I am inspired by the Lord, or self ego? In my work right now, I have to question many questions of morality, and whether the greater good really excuses acts that some would refuse to do.

So, yep, do have my doubts. But then again I look at it this way. It is easy to live a prim and proper life, if you do not do any thing. Its when you do try and help, that you get mired in the problems of the world. So do not think it is wrong, to have doubts.

Paul questioned him self, Peter had too, Thomas did,,,So I think it may be proper to have doubts.

THIS. The walk following Christ is not always a straight line, but we get closer as we keep going.

1/21/2016 5:59:22 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from followjesusonly:
And THAT IS the gospel of the kingdom, none other. Bravo!:

"...Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? [Jesus] said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And [Jesus] said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. (Luke 10:25-28)

At my present church, there is an outstanding Pastor/teacher who taught the real meaning of the gospel and that was transformative to me. It's so much more rich than only going to heaven.

I use the term pro forma Christian to describe my practice before I was really in relationship to God through Christ. Regular attendance, contributions, etc. Church membership was expected and just another credential. No real impact on my mind and heart though. So many so-called Christians are like this. I don't totally blame them, many churches teach poorly and in a limited way. Just pay your money and you are in good standing. So sad. This is pseudo Christianity, Churchianity, to me.

1/21/2016 6:02:48 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,070)
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

Quote from slowpoke7:
Sorry kb - Maybe someone else will play your game and answer your questions The Way You Want Them To.

Good Luck

I want a sincere response and answer to what I say and ask, slowpoke, and if you can't bring yourself to give that, which for years now you haven't, that clearly indicates just how dishonest and deceitful you really are.

As I said:

80% of the Bible (OT) are the beliefs of those who rejected and killed Jesus. Jesus didn't believe like those who rejected and killed Him and if you profess to be a Christian neither should you.

Jesus didn't die for our sins. He died because He was crucified by the self-righteous Jewish Priests who rejected His teachings, considered Him a troublemaker, and charged Him with blasphemy. To believe this rejection and crucifixion was God's will/plan is downright satanic foolishness. To believe God is unwilling to forgive man for sin until he has received a blood sacrifice from the innocent, that God willed/planed/orchestrated man to sin by killing Jesus to save man from sin is illogical murderous nonsense.

Have you not any common sense? Would you not forgive the sin of your neighbor until you have killed your Son? God's not depraved. You closed-minded church indoctrinated book worshipers are if you believe God caused man to sin (murder) His Son to save man from sin.

God is not a murderer, slowpoke. And He doesn't demand a blood sacrifice before He will forgive man for sin. Your belief and teaching about God to your brethren is BLASPHEMOUS.

Respond to what I said and state your disagreement if Satan has not tied your tongue and rendered you incapable of intelligent discourse, slowpoke.

1/21/2016 6:03:09 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Oh, I'm not in a cult or anything, Reformed Church of America (RCA) is technically my denomination but my faith transcends denominationalism.

1/21/2016 6:54:52 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,597)
Hendersonville, TN
76, joined Feb. 2011

kb - it is your right to believe anything you want to concerning why Jesus willingly laid down His life and shed His blood.

You asked if I had any common sense and then you added "Would I not forgive the sin of my neighbor until I have killed my Son?”

It looks like you are trying to compare night with day as usual so I would say your question shows that you are the one that is not using common sense.

I am a sinner just like you are and my son is not perfect as Jesus was so neither me or my son quality to die for the sins of anyone.

You might as well move on to someone else because we have conflicting opinions concerning what is true or not therefore we are in a stalemate

Good Luck

1/21/2016 7:49:07 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

Quote from slowpoke7:
kb - it is your right to believe anything you want to concerning why Jesus willingly laid down His life and shed His blood.

You asked if I had any common sense and then you added "Would I not forgive the sin of my neighbor until I have killed my Son?”

It looks like you are trying to compare night with day as usual so I would say your question shows that you are the one that is not using common sense.

I am a sinner just like you are and my son is not perfect as Jesus was so neither me or my son quality to die for the sins of anyone.

You might as well move on to someone else because we have conflicting opinions concerning what is true or not therefore we are in a stalemate

Good Luck

Why don't you quote and respond to all my post and not just pick one question I asked and ignore everything else? Can't you intelligently respond to what I said if you disagree with it? Whether or not your son was perfect or not is not the issue. The issue is a supposed need for a sacrifice before the will to forgive and if you as a sane human being and a Father would not sacrifice your son before you would forgive the sin of your neighbor (which sanely one must admit is utter barbaric nonsense) why then would you believe our Divine Heavenly Father would see rationality in this barbaric act?

To believe God is unwilling to forgive man for sin until he has received a blood sacrifice from the innocent, that God willed/planed/orchestrated man to sin by killing Jesus to save man from sin is illogical murderous nonsense and its BLASPHEMY.

If you can't see this you are morally and spiritually blind as a matter of choice and if you don't care you are morally and spiritually corrupt. Stay that way and teach your brethren to think/believe as you do if that's your desire and go to the grave and have your reward, slowpoke

[Edited 1/21/2016 7:50:43 PM ]

1/21/2016 8:16:00 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,210)
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

But why don't you, Slow? Is it because you haven't read it? No one expects you to believe something or anything you haven't read.

No furch - reading it has nothing to do with whether it is the truth or not. Since I truly believe that several things in the Urantia Book is not true then reading the rest of it does not mean the things I disagree with will all of a sudden becomes true.

What things do you believe are not true in the Urantia Book and on what basis do you believe that? List them please. Are you talking about Mary's virginity again? What difference does it make as far as your eternal life is concerned? And if you "truly believe that several things in the Urantia Book [are] not true," aren't you telling the Spirit of Truth (SoT) to KEEP OUT? Your mind is made up already and you don't want any interference from that Spirit of Truth guy on any subject that your mind is already made up on, right? I think you can rest easy on that as far as Mary's virginity is concerned. The Spirit of Truth probably will not correct you on anything that doesn't affect your salvation. I'm pretty sure the Spirit of Truth is only concerned with the truth about Godly things and your eternal life. But if you are going to believe in Mary's virginity, why don't you go all the way like the Catholics do (the infallible pope stuff, you know) and believe that Mary never ever had dirty old sex all her life because she was so holy, etc."

Me previously: Is it because your mind is made up, closed?

What about you? Isn’t your mind made up and closed to what others say that see things different than you do because you think you are the one with the whole truth?

I have never said I have the whole truth. Nor does The Urantia Book make such a claim. Short of arriving on Paradise and meeting God, no one can have the whole truth. I did come to the realization, (an early morning insight from the SoT, I think) the other day though, that some hundreds of years ago, maybe in the 1300s, (so the Urantia Book apochrypha goes) God's celestial agents surveyed the dismal status of religious truth on this world, particularly Christianity, and they saw the slaughters and the sectarian divisions and so on, and realized that they needed to introduce some truth some way since the Spirit of Truth was unable to work with so many closed minds. And they formulated a plan to drop a boatload of truth into the human stream of knowledge, The Urantia Book. And the book will put new truth in front of people, ideas that they hadn't considered before. Many will still shut it out. But many will accept it. The hard part is getting them to read it.

Me previously: How can the Spirit of Truth guide you to new truth under those circumstances?

First of all exactly what are you referring to when you use the term “new” truth? That sounds like you are implying that something that was true way back when all of a sudden becomes a lie.

New truth is truth that is new to you or to the hearer or to the world. New truth is truth that was previously unknown or what was known was incorrect or was correct then but is now being corrected or updated for now. It's like if someone said the US had 13 states. That is old truth. It was correct at one time but it is not now correct. The updated, correct truth is that the US has 50 states. We may have 51 soon. Truth can change. God of course cannot change but the "truth" you know about Him can change.

Me, previously: Don't you see that you put up a "KEEP OUT" sign to the Spirit of Truth with the attitude that you already have all the truth and that you will not accept any new truth that conflicts with what you already believe?

It sure looks like you also have a "KEEP OUT” sign because it conflicts with what YOU already believe. So how are you any different from anyone else?

I have read the boatload of truth that was dropped into the human stream of knowledge and it rings my truth bell. That's all anyone asks of you or anyone else, read it. No one is asking you to believe anything. Read the book and you, working with the fragment of God within you (Luke 17:21) and the Spirit of Truth (John 16:13), in private if you like, with no preachers coaching you or urging you with tears in his eyes to be born again and so on, you and the fragment of God within and the Spirit of Truth can come to your own conclusions. This is important, Slow, just as important as what Jesus revealed about God when He was here. If Philip had asked YOU to "come and see," would you have done so? (John 1:45-46) That's what's happening here. I am Philip and you are Nathaniel. Come and see. Read it for yourself.

Me previously: Did Jesus waste His time sending the Spirit of Truth as far as you're concerned? Have you never simply awakened in the morning with a new truth insight in your mind that was not there the night before?

There you go again using the term “new” truth.

Yes. Explained above. Jesus introduced "new truth" to His apostles and to the world. The Urantia Book does the same.

1/21/2016 8:58:39 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,597)
Hendersonville, TN
76, joined Feb. 2011

Well thank you kb. And may I ask what reward or punishment do you think I should receive for believing Jesus loved mankind enough that He would die for us?

Or do you think there is no way that Jesus would have that much love for sinners like me and you?

By the way - Jesus did not die just for a neighbor but so All of mankind would have a way (thru His shed blood) for our sins to be forgiven.

And furch - as I have made it very clear that since the Urantia Book is denying something that I think is important as Jesus shedding His blood for the remission of our sins then that alone is enough reason for me not to waste my time reading such a book

That is how I truly feel so we will just have to Let Time Tell The Story

1/21/2016 9:26:10 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

Quote from slowpoke7:
Well thank you kb. And may I ask what reward or punishment do you think I should receive for believing Jesus loved mankind enough that He would die for us?

Or do you think there is no way that Jesus would have that much love for sinners like me and you?

What are you thanking me for? Why don't you quote and respond to all my post and intelligently respond to what I said if you disagree with it?

Jesus did willingly die on the cross out of love for both God and man but what you believe and teach is that God demanded it as a blood sacrifice before He was willing to forgive man for sin. That makes God a blood thirsty murderous God filled with wrath and its blasphemy to continue to believe and teach this, slowpoke. If you don't care that's your problem.

To believe God is unwilling to forgive man for sin until he has received a blood sacrifice from the innocent, that God willed/planed/orchestrated man to sin by killing Jesus to save man from sin is illogical murderous nonsense and its BLASPHEMY.

If you can't see this you are morally and spiritually blind as a matter of choice and if you don't care you are morally and spiritually corrupt. Stay that way and teach your brethren to think/believe as you do if that's your desire and go to the grave and have your reward, slowpoke.

What reward might that be you ask. Hard to say. What reward do you think you should get for your steadfast blasphemous murderous teachings about God to your brethren? Is that the kind of teaching you think you will find in heaven should you go there, slowpoke?

1/21/2016 10:30:24 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from slowpoke7:

You will receive nothing for believing a wrong thing, would be my guess. He said He came to bear witness unto the truth. Why don't you believe THAT?

Loaded question, Slow. He came to bear witness unto the truth, but you don't believe that, apparently.

By the way - Jesus did not die just for a neighbor but so All of mankind would have a way (thru His shed blood) for our sins to be forgiven.

But He already gave us a way for our sins to be forgiven: "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." (Mat 6:14-15)

And furch - as I have made it very clear that since the Urantia Book is denying something that I think is important as Jesus shedding His blood for the remission of our sins then that alone is enough reason for me not to waste my time reading such a book

But Slow, you cannot show where Jesus ever preached that gospel to the people. Ask The
Spirit of Truth to guide you to the truth of the matter. You got your beliefs on the subject from listening to mere men. Can you deny that? You weren't BORN believing that Jesus came to shed His blood for your sins, you got that idea from men. Now let the Spirit of Truth work within you on it.

In actuality, Slow, Jesus never said that. And He certainly never preached it to the people, while the bible does say Jesus preached the gospel to the people. He never preached the "shedding His blood for the remission of our sins" to the people. Show otherwise if you can.

And He says why He came, but you don't believe that or don't accept it, so he wasted His time, apparently. (John 18:37)

Why do you pick and choose which verses you like and which you don't? Why doesn't (John 18:37) carry the weight for you that Mat_26:28 carries? It has to do with what your human teachers have emphasized.

Why do you accept Mat_26:28 but not (Mat 6:14-15)? If Mat 6:14-15 is correct, what is the need for Mat 26:28? Matthew 6:14-15 was said in public. Mat 26:28 was said in private, not preached in public.

This is what was said at The Last Supper, Slow. Ask the Spirit of Truth about it. Ask Him to come to you in your sleep and give you insight into it. Invite the Spirit of Truth into your mind, Slow. It's a gift from Jesus that is grossly underused on this world.

179:5.1 As they brought Jesus the third cup of wine, the “cup of blessing,” he arose from the couch and, taking the cup in his hands, blessed it, saying: “Take this cup, all of you, and drink of it. This shall be the cup of my remembrance. This is the cup of the blessing of a new dispensation of grace and truth. This shall be to you the emblem of the bestowal and ministry of the divine Spirit of Truth. And I will not again drink this cup with you until I drink in new form with you in the Father’s eternal kingdom.”

179:5.3 When they had finished drinking this new cup of remembrance, the Master took up the bread and, after giving thanks, broke it in pieces and, directing them to pass it around, said: “Take this bread of remembrance and eat it. I have told you that I am the bread of life. And this bread of life is the united life of the Father and the Son in one gift. The word of the Father, as revealed in the Son, is indeed the bread of life.”

1/21/2016 10:46:04 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
cjsassy72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,506)
Berthoud, CO
44, joined Sep. 2014

I wish I was there when Jesus was here & teaching us how to be good to one another & love one another. I wished I was one of his followers....then I'll be asking questions & listen to what he have teach us & be faithful.
It's sad that we weren't ready for him then. If I could've carried his cross I would, if I could've died for him I would. I know that's how Mary felt...as a mother watching your own son sacrificing his life for others because he loved everyone... it's a heart breaking. Hopefully next time we'll be ready so he doesn't die again. Hopefully we will be ready next time.
Only thing we can do now is to read, learn his words & try to live like him. Even though we are trying to be faithful to God & Jesus we are going to make mistakes because we are not perfect, we are just a human. I know what you are saying, God is not a killer. Our heavenly father & Jesus loves us and they'll guide us & teach us to do the right thing. Jesus said love one another & do not judge & that's how I try to live my life as....& more.... We need to obey our God & Jesus' words and follow them.

1/21/2016 10:49:47 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from cjsassy72:
I wish I was there when Jesus was here & teaching us how to be good to one another & love one another. I wished I was one of his followers....then I'll be asking questions & listen to what he have teach us & be faithful.
It's sad that we weren't ready for him then. If I could've carried his cross I would, if I could've died for him I would. I know that's how Mary felt...as a mother watching your own son sacrificing his life for others because he loved everyone... it's a heart breaking. Hopefully next time we'll be ready so he doesn't die again. Hopefully we will be ready next time.
Only thing we can do now is to read, learn his words & try to live like him. Even though we are trying to be faithful to God & Jesus we are going to make mistakes because we are not perfect, we are just a human. I know what you are saying, God is not a killer. Our heavenly father & Jesus loves us and they'll guide us & teach us to do the right thing. Jesus said love one another & do not judge & that's how I try to live my life as....& more.... We need to obey our God & Jesus' words and follow them.

Good post.

1/22/2016 12:18:37 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

bigd9832
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (21,337)
Chicago, IL
64, joined Oct. 2007

We will get a chance to be with Him, and learn from Him, during the Millennium.

Imagine, 1000 years with Jesus.

1/22/2016 12:55:34 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
In God's eyes there are no degenerate strains of peoples.

Where does God say that in the bible? Please cite the chapter and verse. Just the other day you said that the word "Father" was exactly the same word as "Pop." Then you changed it under pressure to say they meant the same thing. I'm going put some ice cubes in my pop now. Now you're denying reality again. Of course there are degenerates. That's why we have a word for them. And of course God knows it. God doesn't deny reality the way you do.

There are sinners, but God is always happy to forgive the repentant sinner.

What does that have to do with degenerates? How did you shift from degenerates to sinners? Do you think they are the same word, like you think Father is the same word as Pop, even though one has six letters and one has three letters and they don't even have any letters in common?

1/22/2016 1:10:33 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,597)
Hendersonville, TN
76, joined Feb. 2011

Well furch - It all boils down to everyone has his or her own opinion about any given subject and sometimes that opinion is when something is taken out of context.
You quote (John 18:37) but what you believe it is referring to may be different from what someone else believes.

The commentary below for (John 18:33 thru 40) is from. . .

http://htmlbible.com/kjv30/henry/index.htm

Verse 33-40 - Art thou the King of the Jews? that King of the Jews who has been so long expected? Messiah the Prince; art thou he? Dost thou call thyself so, and wouldest thou be thought so? Christ answered this question with another; not for evasion, but that Pilate might consider what he did. He never took upon him any earthly power, never were any traitorous principles or practices laid to him. Christ gave an account of the nature of his kingdom. Its nature is not worldly; it is a kingdom within men, set up in their hearts and consciences; its riches spiritual, its power spiritual, and it glory within. Its supports are not worldly; its weapons are spiritual; it needed not, nor used, force to maintain and advance it, nor opposed any kingdom but that of sin and Satan. Its object and design are not worldly. When Christ said, I am the Truth, he said, in effect, I am a King. He conquers by the convincing evidence of truth; he rules by the commanding power of truth. The subjects of this kingdom are those that are of the truth. Pilate put a good question, he said, What is truth? When we search the Scriptures, and attend the ministry of the word, it must be with this inquiry, What is truth? and with this prayer, Lead me in thy truth; into all truth. But many put this question, who have not patience to preserve in their search after truth; or not humility enough to receive it. By this solemn declaration of Christ's innocence, it appears, that though the Lord Jesus was treated as the worst of evil-doers, he never deserved such treatment. But it unfolds the design of his death; that he died as a Sacrifice for our sins. Pilate was willing to please all sides; and was governed more by worldly wisdom than by the rules of justice. Sin is a robber, yet is foolishly chosen by many rather than Christ, who would truly enrich us. Let us endeavour to make our accusers ashamed as Christ did; and let us beware of crucifying Christ afresh.

1/22/2016 1:36:34 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Slow, all you have to do is speak to the Spirit of Truth that Jesus sent. Tell the Spirit of Truth that despite your hard held opinions, you will make an effort to lower the barriers to you learning new things, things that are not from mere men, but are from God, that you will be willing to learn new truths and new insights from Him. Recognize which of your beliefs that you hold dear right now, came from men and not from God. Invite the Spirit of Truth to come into your mind while you sleep, and often, the next morning, you will realize new things. That's the Spirit of Truth at work. If you get into the habit of doing this daily, you will learn many new truths. But you MUST be open to the Spirit of Truth. If you tell the Spirit of Truth that He has his opinions and you have yours, like you just did with me, then you've shut Him out and Jesus' gift of the bestowal of the Spirit of Truth has been squandered. Don't be afraid to learn directly from God, Slow. This is real:

John 16:13 "...when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth"

Let the Spirit of Truth work in you, Slow.

Quote from slowpoke7:
Well furch - It all boils down to everyone has his or her own opinion about any given subject and sometimes that opinion is when something is taken out of context.
You quote (John 18:37) but what you believe it is referring to may be different from what someone else believes.

The commentary below for (John 18:33 thru 40) is from. . .

http://htmlbible.com/kjv30/henry/index.htm

Verse 33-40 - Art thou the King of the Jews? that King of the Jews who has been so long expected? Messiah the Prince; art thou he? Dost thou call thyself so, and wouldest thou be thought so? Christ answered this question with another; not for evasion, but that Pilate might consider what he did. He never took upon him any earthly power, never were any traitorous principles or practices laid to him. Christ gave an account of the nature of his kingdom. Its nature is not worldly; it is a kingdom within men, set up in their hearts and consciences; its riches spiritual, its power spiritual, and it glory within. Its supports are not worldly; its weapons are spiritual; it needed not, nor used, force to maintain and advance it, nor opposed any kingdom but that of sin and Satan. Its object and design are not worldly. When Christ said, I am the Truth, he said, in effect, I am a King. He conquers by the convincing evidence of truth; he rules by the commanding power of truth. The subjects of this kingdom are those that are of the truth. Pilate put a good question, he said, What is truth? When we search the Scriptures, and attend the ministry of the word, it must be with this inquiry, What is truth? and with this prayer, Lead me in thy truth; into all truth. But many put this question, who have not patience to preserve in their search after truth; or not humility enough to receive it. By this solemn declaration of Christ's innocence, it appears, that though the Lord Jesus was treated as the worst of evil-doers, he never deserved such treatment. But it unfolds the design of his death; that he died as a Sacrifice for our sins. Pilate was willing to please all sides; and was governed more by worldly wisdom than by the rules of justice. Sin is a robber, yet is foolishly chosen by many rather than Christ, who would truly enrich us. Let us endeavour to make our accusers ashamed as Christ did; and let us beware of crucifying Christ afresh.

1/22/2016 2:29:06 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,597)
Hendersonville, TN
76, joined Feb. 2011

Furch - As I have said before that you will get all kind of opinions from one extreme to the other on any given subject
And you are no different from anyone else because whatever you believe is your own PERSONAL opinion of what is true or not.

1/22/2016 3:10:51 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

Slowpoke, Jesus didn't die for our sins. He died because He was crucified by the self-righteous Jewish Priests who rejected His teachings, considered Him a troublemaker, and charged Him with blasphemy. To believe this rejection and crucifixion was God's will/plan is downright satanic foolishness. To believe God is unwilling to forgive man for sin until he has received a blood sacrifice from the innocent, that God willed/planed/orchestrated man to sin by killing Jesus to save man from sin is illogical murderous nonsense.

God is not a murderer, slowpoke. And He doesn't demand a blood sacrifice of the innocent before He will forgive man for sin. The need for a blood sacrifice to appease an angry God is a ancient barbaric belief, slowpoke, and your continued belief and teaching of this about God to your brethren is BLASPHEMOUS.

Here are 5 questions I have asked, bigd, and if you are a sincere and truthful Christian you should have no problem in answering them.

1. Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Yes or No?

2. Do you believe in the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of man? Yes or No?

3. Are you striving to believe as Jesus believed and thus to become more like Him? Yes or No?

4. Do you believe Jesus, the Son of God, would order man to stone and burn people to death at the stake? Yes or No? If Yes, explain?

5. Do you believe, God the Father, would order man to stone and burn people to death at the stake? Yes or No? If yes, explain?

Waiting for your answers, slowpoke...

1/22/2016 4:30:52 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from slowpoke7:
Furch - As I have said before that you will get all kind of opinions from one extreme to the other on any given subject
And you are no different from anyone else because whatever you believe is your own PERSONAL opinion of what is true or not.

Not at all and certainly not that you know of. Just because that's you doesn't mean it's me. I am making a big effort to let the Spirit of Truth guide me into all truth. Can you say the same? Or is it more like this:

Slow: Thank you Jesus for sending the Spirit of Truth. That was very thoughtful of you and I know you meant well, but I prefer to get my opinions from Matthew Henry's commentary, and other human sources, mere men who agree with my already settled ideas which I also got from mere men. So no, Jesus, I won't be getting any of my opinions from the Spirit of Truth. And if you want to know the truth, Jesus, I suggest you read Matthew Henry's commentary too.

And...

Ludlow: Thank you Jesus for sending the Spirit of Truth. That was very thoughtful of you and I know you mean well, but I prefer to get my opinions from from the Catholic church and the infallible pope, and their opinions already agree with my opinions which I got from them in the first place. So no, Jesus, I won't be getting any of my opinions from the Spirit of Truth. And don't forget, Jesus, as I told you before, and you can tell this to the Spirit of Truth as well, "the Bible was put together by the Catholic Church in the first place, and that II Peter 1:20 forbids private interpretation of scripture, and that I Timothy 3:15 teaches that it is the Church, not the Bible, that is the pillar and ground of truth." ""The Catholic Church, [is] the sole authentic interpreter of scripture."

1/22/2016 5:25:36 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (233,053)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Not at all and certainly not that you know of. Just because that's you doesn't mean it's me. I am making a big effort to let the Spirit of Truth guide me into all truth. Can you say the same? Or is it more like this:

Slow: Thank you Jesus for sending the Spirit of Truth. That was very thoughtful of you and I know you meant well, but I prefer to get my opinions from Matthew Henry's commentary, and other human sources, mere men who agree with my already settled ideas which I also got from mere men. So no, Jesus, I won't be getting any of my opinions from the Spirit of Truth. And if you want to know the truth, Jesus, I suggest you read Matthew Henry's commentary too.

And...

Ludlow: Thank you Jesus for sending the Spirit of Truth. That was very thoughtful of you and I know you mean well, but I prefer to get my opinions from from the Catholic church and the infallible pope, and their opinions already agree with my opinions which I got from them in the first place. So no, Jesus, I won't be getting any of my opinions from the Spirit of Truth. And don't forget, Jesus, as I told you before, and you can tell this to the Spirit of Truth as well, "the Bible was put together by the Catholic Church in the first place, and that II Peter 1:20 forbids private interpretation of scripture, and that I Timothy 3:15 teaches that it is the Church, not the Bible, that is the pillar and ground of truth." ""The Catholic Church, [is] the sole authentic interpreter of scripture."

The Council of Nicaea met in circa 325 A. D. For the express purpose of creating the Bible from all combined ancient resources available at that time.

The "Church" was represented by many learned men of the various religious communities.

At the time of this Council (see Constantine and Alexandria) , which compiled the contents of the Bible, the scholars representing the Roman Catholic Church, created the Canon of Christianity at the same time that scripture was being determined by the full Council.

1/22/2016 6:05:26 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

Wrong on your history, Cupocheer. The canon of the Bible was first discussed at the Council of Hippo, not Nicea. Hippo came about 70 years after Nicea. And Jesus was the One Who founded tge Catholic Church, appointing Peter its first pope and tge other apostles its first bishops and priests.

1/22/2016 6:23:39 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (233,053)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

I didnt speak to the "duscussion" stage Lud.

I spoke to the compilation.

1/22/2016 7:23:39 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Wrong on your history, Cupocheer. The canon of the Bible was first discussed at the Council of Hippo, not Nicea. Hippo came about 70 years after Nicea. And Jesus was the One Who founded tge Catholic Church, appointing Peter its first pope and tge other apostles its first bishops and priests.

So many wrong Catholic assertions. Jesus never intended for anyone to be a pope.

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so:

What are you going to do to fix your "tge" problem? It takes away from your "message."

[Edited 1/22/2016 7:24:28 PM ]

1/22/2016 7:36:31 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,597)
Hendersonville, TN
76, joined Feb. 2011

From furch

furch - I am making just as much effort to know the truth as you claim to be doing. Again It still boils down to everyone has his or her own opinion of what is true or not.
In other words - You may think you are right in what you believe about a particular issue but someone else may have a completely opposite opinion than you do on the very same issue but yet they may also think they are right.

And it looks like you are claiming that your statement could only apply to others but not to you also. Such as Thank you Jesus for sending the Spirit of Truth. That was very thoughtful of you and I know you meant well, but I prefer to get my opinions from the Urantia Book even though I know i cannot provide any proof of where it came from. So no, Jesus, I won't be getting any of my opinions from the Spirit of Truth. And if you want to know the truth, Jesus, I suggest you read the Urantia Book too.

1/22/2016 7:53:11 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

Quote from slowpoke7:
furch - I am making just as much effort to know the truth as you claim to be doing.

That's a bald faced LIE. If it was the truth why haven't you truthfully answered the 5 questions I asked you?

1/22/2016 8:12:54 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,597)
Hendersonville, TN
76, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from kb2222:
That's a bald faced LIE. If it was the truth why haven't you truthfully answered the 5 questions I asked you?

And may I ask why is it necessary that unless someone answers your questions then that somehow means they have no other way of knowing the truth?

1/22/2016 9:14:18 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

Quote from slowpoke7:
And may I ask why is it necessary that unless someone answers your questions then that somehow means they have no other way of knowing the truth?

What good is it for you to want to know truth when you refuse to be truthful? You claim to be a Christian, don't you, slowpoke? If so, then why do you always run from speaking truthfully in answer to my questions? What kind of a Christian are you that you are apparently afraid to truthfully answer the questions I have asked you? He.l, slowpoke, your beliefs about God are more like the Pharisees than Jesus and that's why you don't answer my questions. Prove me wrong and answer the questions, slowpoke.

1/22/2016 10:24:29 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

Nobody on here has to answer anyone else's questions. This is a computer forum, not a grand jury.

1/22/2016 10:50:43 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from slowpoke7:
From furch

furch - I am making just as much effort to know the truth as you claim to be doing. Again It still boils down to everyone has his or her own opinion of what is true or not.
In other words - You may think you are right in what you believe about a particular issue but someone else may have a completely opposite opinion than you do on the very same issue but yet they may also think they are right.

And it looks like you are claiming that your statement could only apply to others but not to you also. Such as Thank you Jesus for sending the Spirit of Truth. That was very thoughtful of you and I know you meant well, but I prefer to get my opinions from the Urantia Book even though I know i cannot provide any proof of where it came from. So no, Jesus, I won't be getting any of my opinions from the Spirit of Truth. And if you want to know the truth, Jesus, I suggest you read the Urantia Book too.

God sent The Urantia Book, Slow. It would behoove you to read it. Ask the Spirit of Truth to be with you when you read it. The Spirit of Truth "will guide you into all truth," but you have to give Him the opportunity.

You believe what Jesus said about the Spirit of Truth, don't you? (John 16:13)

1/22/2016 10:53:45 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Nobody on here has to answer anyone else's questions. This is a computer forum, not a grand jury.

Well, Ludlow, tell me why a professed Christian follower of Jesus would not want to answer the questions I asked?

1/22/2016 10:57:22 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
Well, Ludlow, tell me why a professed Christian follower of Jesus would not want to answer the questions I asked?

Ludlow doesn't even love God, according to Jesus. There's not much point in asking someone who doesn't love God these questions. He's not really a follower of Jesus. His church has usurped Jesus. He obeys his church and throws Jesus under the bus.

"If a man love me, he will keep my words."(John 14:23)
"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings." (John 14:24)

1/22/2016 11:09:41 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

bigd9832
Chicago, IL
64, joined Oct. 2007

So how is it that anyone who has put this urantia book together could know anything about Jesus.

Or is that some kind of secret?

CLV Jn 18:20 And Jesus answered him, "I with boldness have spoken to the world. I always teach in a synagogue and in the sanctuary where all the Jews are coming together, and in hiding I speak nothing.

1/23/2016 2:09:38 AM Who are you? | Page 2  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,597)
Hendersonville, TN
76, joined Feb. 2011

God sent The Urantia Book, Slow. It would behoove you to read it. Ask the Spirit of Truth to be with you when you read it. The Spirit of Truth "will guide you into all truth," but you have to give Him the opportunity.

You believe what Jesus said about the Spirit of Truth, don't you? (John 16:13)

furch - you have absolutely no proof that the Urantia Book was sent by God.

Just because it may be something you want to believe does not mean that it must be true.

And it looks like you are implying that if someone does not believe as you do then they must not be letting the Spirit of Truth guide them.

1/23/2016 2:17:33 AM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Bigd asks

So how is it that anyone who has put this urantia book together could know anything about Jesus.

Or is that some kind of secret?

Hi Bigd. It looks like you blocked me but I need to address this. Hopefully someone will repost it or you may see it behind the block. That's fine.

There is a class of beings on earth called "midwayers." They are generally unknown to humans. If you read Papers 74-77 in the book you'll find out about them. it's about 35 pages and perhaps the strangest 35 pages in the book, a good read actually, proving Mark Twain's old adage. ("Truth is stranger than fiction.")

Anyway, there are 1,111 loyal midwayers on earth and they have been here for 35,000 years or so. They are invisible and eternal. They are the second generation offspring of a pure line descendant of Adam and Eve with a pure line descendant of the Nephilim (or Nodites as The Urantia Book calls them),

"CLV Genesis 6:4 Now the distinguished come to be in the earth in those days, and, moreover, afterward, coming are those who are sons of the elohim to the daughters of the human, and they bear for them. They are the masters, who are from the eon, mortals with the name.

Both the pure line descendant of the Nephilim and the pure line descendant of Adam and Eve had some supernatural genetics and when they mated around 35,000 years ago the offspring were rather peculiar, every 4th one was invisible. Then these two semi supernatural beings, a man and a woman, mated the invisible children and the subsequent race that was created were "midwayers," somewhere between men and angels. And midwayers can manipulate physical things. It was midwayers who rolled the stone away from Jesus' tomb.

So, they have been witnesses to everything that has been going on here for 35,000 years. Part IV of The Urantia Book, the Life and Teachings of Jesus, was written by a Midwayer Commission.

If you read Papers 74-77 you can let me know if I made any mistakes. I may have but I think it's pretty close to right. Thanks for asking.

1/23/2016 2:25:22 AM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from slowpoke7:
furch - you have absolutely no proof that the Urantia Book was sent by God.

There is no proof of anything, Slow. You cannot prove that the bible is "the word of God." You can't even prove there is a God.

These are matters of faith.

If you can say, "The bible is God's Word" without proof, I can say that God sent The Urantia Book.

This can't be "the word of God, Slow:

Isa 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, Slow.

Read The Urantia Book and invite the Spirit of Truth to read it with you.

That's all I've got.

1/23/2016 3:46:20 AM Who are you? | Page 2  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

We can prove that there is a God because the orderly universe had to have had a Creator and First Cause, and because inanimate objects are incapable of going into motion without an outside force causing them to go into motion. We can prove that Jesus was God's Son because Jesus backed up His claim to divinity with many miracles, and even more so by the holiness of His life. We can prove that the Catholic Church that Jesus founded has infallible teaching authority because Jesus promised to stay with it until the end of time. And we can prove that the Bible is inerrant on matters of faith and morals because the above-mentioned Church guarantees that it is. That's how we prove that the Bible is the word of God.

You could say that the Bible has a pedigree. The Koran, the Urantia Book, the Talmud, the Book of Mormon, and the like do not have pedigrees. They are all man-written, man-made pretenders.

1/23/2016 9:25:17 AM Who are you? | Page 2  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,597)
Hendersonville, TN
76, joined Feb. 2011

There is no proof of anything, Slow. You cannot prove that the bible is "the word of God." You can't even prove there is a God.

These are matters of faith.

If you can say, "The bible is God's Word" without proof, I can say that God sent The Urantia Book.

This can't be "the word of God, Slow:

Isa 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, Slow.

Read The Urantia Book and invite the Spirit of Truth to read it with you.

That's all I've got.

furch - perhaps the term word of God might not be the proper choice of words but anyway I am not aware of anyone that is claiming that Isa 36:12 is something that was spoken by God Himself.

When someone uses the term word of God then it should be obvious that they are not necessarily implying that God Himself said this or that. But that they are only referring to something that has been recorded in the Bible (whether it be good or evil) that someone has said or done.

Why would God not want us to know the straight forward truth of what some evil individual has said or done? If you or I are telling the truth about what some evil individuals has done then that does not mean we are somehow indicating that we believe they were doing the right thing.

1/23/2016 9:39:41 AM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

Quote from slowpoke7:
furch - perhaps the term word of God might not be the proper choice of words but anyway I am not aware of anyone that is claiming that Isa 36:12 is something that was spoken by God Himself.

When someone uses the term word of God then it should be obvious that they are not necessarily implying that God Himself said this or that. But that they are only referring to something that has been recorded in the Bible (whether it be good or evil) that someone has said or done.

Why would God not want us to know the straight forward truth of what some evil individual has said or done? If you or I are telling the truth about what some evil individuals has done then that does not mean we are somehow indicating that we believe they were doing the right thing.

Well, then you are clearly admitting that everything in the Bible is NOT the inerrant word of God; that the Bible contains both the good and evil thoughts and actions of man, are you not, slowpoke?

1/23/2016 12:59:00 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from slowpoke7:

Slow, your post above was very refreshing, but I think you are out of sync with your stablemates here. There are those who, when they call the bible "the word of God," they mean that, that every word was inspired by God and or written by God and that the book is also infallible, etc. What you say is not apparently obvious to them. And if it is as you say, then the term "the word of God" should not be used as a descriptor for the entire book. I have maintained that only the words of Jesus, and perhaps Matthew 17:5 are really "God's words," and I always run into heavy resistance from those who steadfastly hold to the idea that the entire bible is actually God's Words. When they say the bible is the word of God, they seem to mean it literally.

I agree with what you've said above but I'm afraid some or most fundy Christians here do not or will not admit to it. Some of them will always be sure never to type the word "bible" but always to use the euphemism, "God's word," or "the word of God."

1/23/2016 1:16:01 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
We can prove that there is a God because the orderly universe had to have had a Creator and First Cause, and because inanimate objects are incapable of going into motion without an outside force causing them to go into motion.

You cannot "prove" there is a God to anyone but yourself. If you could, there wouldn't be non believers. You apparently have no idea what the word "proof" means. I can prove to you that you should not call priests, "Father" but no one can prevent you from making up a creative dodge about what Jesus meant. If you are of a froward mind to disobey Jesus, you will.

We can prove that Jesus was God's Son because Jesus backed up His claim to divinity with many miracles, and even more so by the holiness of His life. We can prove that the Catholic Church that Jesus founded has infallible teaching authority because Jesus promised to stay with it until the end of time. And we can prove that the Bible is inerrant on matters of faith and morals because the above-mentioned Church guarantees that it is. That's how we prove that the Bible is the word of God.

You can only prove that you're a fool. And your church and you are an abomination to God as the Scriptures say:

Pro_11:20 They that are of a froward heart are abomination to the LORD.

You're full of Catholic claptrap. You're a tool of the Catholic church. A blind tool which rhymes with fool. It's foolish to disobey God and someone who deliberately refuses to obey God must be a fool.

Obey God, get the truth in you, and show Him that you love Him by doing so, and then I'll take you seriously.

"Call no man your father upon the earth: "for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)

Jesus: "Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

And the word which you have heard, is not mine; but the Father's who sent me." (John 14:24)

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1Jn 2:4)

No one should listen to you about anything until such time as you publicly state that you will obey Jesus and no longer call priests, "Father." Until then, you don't love God enough to obey Him and Jesus says you don't love Him at all. (John 14:24)

You could say that the Bible has a pedigree. The Koran, the Urantia Book, the Talmud, the Book of Mormon, and the like do not have pedigrees. They are all man-written, man-made pretenders.

The Urantia Book is not "man-written" and you don't know otherwise nor can you "prove" otherwise. All the authors are given in the book and they are all celestial beings.

1/23/2016 1:53:25 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

FJO, I'll clue you in. There is no Santa Claus. There is no Easter Bunny. There is no Tooth Fairy. And William S. Sadler wrote the Urantia Book.

1/23/2016 2:04:57 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
FJO, I'll clue you in. There is no Santa Claus. There is no Easter Bunny. There is no Tooth Fairy. And William S. Sadler wrote the Urantia Book.

I'll clue you in. You're an ignorant man and you have no idea what you're talking about.

And you don't even love God according to Jesus.

1/23/2016 2:54:23 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

I'll clue you in. You're an ignorant man and you have no idea what you're talking about.

And you don't even love God according to Jesus.

Ludlow is not only ignorant. All his consistent lying and bearing of false witness and murderous beliefs and teachings show clearly he is corrupt.

1/23/2016 5:30:50 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

Oh, how angry the false religionists become, when a Catholic tells the truth.

1/23/2016 5:43:28 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

You are a pathetic consistent liar and you are corrupt.

1/23/2016 5:49:49 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Oh, how angry the false religionists become, when a Catholic tells the truth.

If you loved God enough to obey Him I might hear you, but as it is, since Jesus says you don't even love God, I can't hear you. And you can't tell the truth if the truth is not in you, and the apostle John says the truth is not in you.

"Call no man your father upon the earth: "for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)

Jesus: "Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

And the word which you have heard, is not mine; but the Father's who sent me." (John 14:24)

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1Jn 2:4)

1/23/2016 6:28:29 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

The Urantia symbol has three circles. Shouldn't it have 700,000 circles?

1/23/2016 8:14:19 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
76, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

The three concentric circles of the symbol represent the Paradise Trinity, Ludlow. It appears you are going to the grave a corrupt unteachable smart ass

1/23/2016 8:18:19 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
The Urantia symbol has three circles. Shouldn't it have 700,000 circles?

No. A Trinity is only three. The Urantia symbol is a Trinity symbol. The Godhead is a Trinity. You should bark up another tree.

When Melchizedek was here, he wore the symbol. Some excerpts about the concentric circles symbol:

53:5.4 Since Michael [Jesus] elected to remain aloof from the actual warfare of the Lucifer rebellion, Gabriel called his personal staff together on Edentia and, in counsel with the Most Highs, elected to assume command of the loyal hosts of Satania. Michael remained on Salvington while Gabriel proceeded to Jerusem, and establishing himself on the sphere dedicated to the Father—the same Universal Father whose personality Lucifer and Satan had questioned—in the presence of the forgathered hosts of loyal personalities, he displayed the banner of Michael, the material emblem of the Trinity government of all creation, the three azure blue concentric circles on a white background.

93:2.5 In personal appearance, Melchizedek resembled the then blended Nodite and Sumerian peoples, being almost six feet in height and possessing a commanding presence. He spoke Chaldean and a half dozen other languages. He dressed much as did the Canaanite priests except that on his breast he wore an emblem of three concentric circles, the Satania symbol of the Paradise Trinity. In the course of his ministry this insignia of three concentric circles became regarded as so sacred by his followers that they never dared to use it, and it was soon forgotten with the passing of a few generations.

The pre-personal fragment of God that is within you (Luke 17:21) will recognize God's emblem and may respond to it in ways that are beneficial to you.

[Edited 1/23/2016 8:18:51 PM ]

1/23/2016 8:21:36 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
The three concentric circles of the symbol represent the Paradise Trinity, Ludlow. It appears you are going to the grave a corrupt unteachable smart ass

1/23/2016 8:39:02 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
Equalizer21
Over 2,000 Posts (2,829)
Seattle, WA
53, joined Oct. 2014

The op talks about love one another, but allows urantia people to curse and hate christians.....?

1/24/2016 3:38:52 AM Who are you? | Page 2  

erikbenn
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,050)
Spokane, WA
42, joined Nov. 2010

Quote from bigd9832:
We will get a chance to be with Him, and learn from Him, during the Millennium.

Imagine, 1000 years with Jesus.
On this, Bigd, I have to agree with you on this.

1/24/2016 1:19:50 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
74, joined May. 2012

Equalizer21
The op talks about love one another, but allows urantia people to curse and hate christians.....?

======================================================================

You're not a very good thinker. You don't know who hates anyone. Only God knows such things. You're the same ilk as those who shouted, "Crucify Him!" I certainly don't hate Christians. In fact, I am a real Christian, I follow Jesus and HIS gospel, the one that HE preached, only. You do not. Just because someone disagrees with a Christian doesn't mean they hate Christians. You poor abused baby. You're being persecuted, right? Poor baby. Someone disagrees with you so that means they hate you and they're persecuting you. Poor baby. And by the way, the real "OP" is God and He certainly allows people to curse and hate Christians. Do you get that? God allows it. God allows everything. Why don't you whine about it to Him? Poor baby.

2/9/2016 10:11:50 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

casheyesblond
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,297)
Belmont, NC
53, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from cjsassy72:
Who Are You?

Are you a true Christian?
Are you a false Christian?

A pseudo-Christian or a "Bible-ist"?

I've noticed being around DH for little over a year and of course & out side of DH, living in a real life I met so many people called themselves true Christians but they don't act like Christians.
I think I met more pseudo-Christians and Bible-ist....
or they say they are Christians but they are confused. They don't know how they should live like Christians because they are stuck in past or worrying about what others think about them being Christians.
What do you think?

I have heard countless 'fruit inspectors' say, “So and so is not living like a believer so he/she can’t be a Christian. After all, you will know them by their fruits.” While this may sound biblical, it is not. The Bible does not condone 'fruit inspecting' as it pertains to someone else’s salvation.

Meanwhile

my imperfection is a big part of my Christian experience.

2/9/2016 10:42:47 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
Equalizer21
Over 2,000 Posts (2,829)
Seattle, WA
53, joined Oct. 2014

Matt 7

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I can point to several current posters here, who said I wasn't saved, and my fruit was horrible.

I haven't even prophesied.

Maybe judge not would be a better subject.
2 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:[a] 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,

I know some posters in here condemned me, while they practice the same.

They lay up treasures of wrath.

Or

James 2:13
For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Several posters were very unmerciful towards me. This is exactly how God will judge them, unmercifully.

2/10/2016 9:57:56 AM Who are you? | Page 2  

bigd9832
Chicago, IL
64, joined Oct. 2007

Quote from fjo:
There is a class of beings on earth called "midwayers." They are generally unknown to humans. If you read Papers 74-77 in the book you'll find out about them. it's about 35 pages and perhaps the strangest 35 pages in the book, a good read actually, proving Mark Twain's old adage. ("Truth is stranger than fiction.")

Truth? You are talking about invisible, immortal beings who "live on the Earth" and you say this is truth?

I just don't buy it.

Quote from fjo:
Anyway, there are 1,111 loyal midwayers on earth and they have been here for 35,000 years or so. They are invisible and eternal. They are the second generation offspring of a pure line descendant of Adam and Eve with a pure line descendant of the Nephilim (or Nodites as The Urantia Book calls them),

CLV Gn 6:4 Now the distinguished come to be in the earth in those days, and, moreover, afterward, coming are those who are sons of the elohim to the daughters of the human, and they bear for them. They are the masters, who are from the eon, mortals with the name.

Genesis calls them "mortals." Subject to death. Destined to die.

Mortals don't live 35,000 years. And the Sons of God don't live on the Earth.

2/10/2016 12:38:59 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

walt_oftheearth
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,770)
Avondale, AZ
62, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from cjsassy72:
Who Are You?

Are you a true Christian?
Are you a false Christian?

A pseudo-Christian or a "Bible-ist"?

I've noticed being around DH for little over a year and of course & out side of DH, living in a real life I met so many people called themselves true Christians but they don't act like Christians.
I think I met more pseudo-Christians and Bible-ist....
or they say they are Christians but they are confused. They don't know how they should live like Christians because they are stuck in past or worrying about what others think about them being Christians.
What do you think?

Thanks for posting, CJ. I look forward to some more threads of yours.

My first thoughts after reading your post, CJ, are of a journey. And I also think of the famous book Pilgrims Progress, by John Bunyan. In Pilgrims Progress, the main character, as well as others in it, often fell back, or got off course. But then there was always a Heavenly Influence to get them back on their progress to the Celestial City.

We tend to view people as static. Like a still photograph. Instead of a movie, or video--which is more true. You speak of seeing some going off track, yet we never know what the next day will hold.

Jesus promised to be our Shepherd. We are all poor, weak little lambs & sheep that require His constant watch care. In Ps 23, we read of a rod and a staff "that comfort me." One is for guidance; the other for discipline. With good intentions, we often want to do something about this. But God takes care of those things.

And, as you pointed out, there of course are weeds (tares) among the flock of God, calling themselves Christians, who are not. There are also wolves in sheep's clothing, Jesus warned us of.

If we, who see folk only as still photographs seek to weed out what appear as tares, Jesus said, the wheat could also be uprooted.

"Let both grow together until the harvest," He said. I know it is painful to experience, but that is how God in His wisdom would have it be.

2/10/2016 1:06:26 PM Who are you? | Page 2  

louie6332
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,389)
Falkville, AL
74, joined Nov. 2011

OP, reference your last post on page 1. A couple of points:

(0) By “true” Christian, I assume you mean on one who PRACTICES the Christian faith and does not simply give pretense or voice to it (not everyone who says Lord, Lord will be saved). In other words, I assume that by “true” Christians, you mean baptized Christians who PRACTICE the Christian faith. (It is by baptism that one becomes a member of the flock of Christ).

(1) You say that the Bible is NOT the word of God as "pseudo-Christians" believe. But the Bible consists of several things such as history and divine revelation. Roughly a third of the Bible is divine revelation, and divine revelation IS the word of God spoken through his prophets—this part of the Bible IS, literally, the “word of God”, and the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels IS “the word of God”.

Note: many Christians do not understand the nature of the Bible. The history and genealogy in it is the history and genealogy of the Hebrews, the Jewish people, if you will, and the divine revelation and prophecy in it is revelation and prophecy given by God to the Jewish people concerning them and their nation.

(2) Do true Christians allegorically reinterpret the literal meaning of the Bible? No. They take it literally, a method of interpretation that is based on their premise that God is a God of truth, he does not lie, he does not deceive, he mans what he says and says what he means.

(3) The teaching in the Bible about “judging” is as follows: "Judge, but judge rightly". If Christians are not to judge, then way is it foretold that Christians will, for example, judge angels at the Last Judgment. Everyone must judge. No one can get through the day without judging. A voter, for example, must judge candidates on a political ballot in order not to empower wicked men, and a mother must judge whether her kid is telling the truth when he tells her he did not get into the cookie jar. You can’t get through the day without judging.

Louie

2/10/2016 4:54:14 PM Who are you? | Page 2  
Equalizer21
Over 2,000 Posts (2,829)
Seattle, WA
53, joined Oct. 2014

Rev 5:6
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Here we have horns and eyes as spirits of God. This text identifies it as God's spirit.

All the other text say, spirits of angels.

Spirits of demons.

Spirits of just men.

So you have to look at the text.

Holy spirit is sanctified (set apart/different) than Sirius of angels,demons and men.