Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personnel sign in

It is available in each a desktop and mobile version, with loads of particulars that customers can fill in for the best outcomes. meet singles in savannah ga We didn t commence dating till immediately after the socially mandatory Fall Break mark, but it nevertheless was a hard pill to swallow for some of our WOA group. six million in 2020, according to Small business Insider, an 18. is uberhoney legit If you like the knowledge, PozCircle validates member information to keep away from inauthentic users.

do hookup apps work

Signing up for eharmony is the first step in locating your subsequent fantastic relationship. speed dating fort walton beach florida This indicates that the site is geared towards spontaneous hookups, but it is also appropriate for these that do not like to devote a lot of time browsing about. And securely with eharmony s brand new Video Date function. apps like wechat nearby We ve all heard our fair share of dating app horror stories.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/12/2016 8:20:43 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Irishrose, the notion that Jesus came to destroy all religious authority is a common misconception. Some people think that, well, Jesus criticized the scribes and pharisees, the scribes and pharisees had authority, so therefore Jesus was against religious authority. Wrong chain of thinking.

Jesus criticized the scribes and pharisees, not because they had authority, but because they were proud and stiff-necked, too proud and stiff-necked to recognize the Messiah when He came. So proud and stiff-necked that they were more interested in enforcing the minor points of the Levitical law than they were in preaching about, or observing, important things like humility, chastisy, and charity. There is one verse where Jesus tells the people that the pharisees, despite their bad example, still had to be obeyed.

Jesus founded the Catholic Church and gave it authority (see Matthew 16:19). He appointed Peter its first pope (Matthew 16:18) and the other apostles its first bishops. At the Last Supper He gave His apostles the power and authority to change bread and wine into His Own Body and Blood, making them the first Catholic priests. On the very day He arose from the dead He gave the apostles, His first priests, the power and authority to forgive sins (see John 20:22).

In Acts and in all of Paul's epistles it is clear that the Church was not a loose federation of believers but an organized body with Peter, tge first pope, being the one who called all meetings, presided over those meetings, and otherwise made decisions for tge Church.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

What was Jesus saying here? The "man" that descended from heaven was your conscious self- a spiritual being that is an individualization of the Creator's own being. After you fell into the duality consciousness of this material world, you created a separate self- the ego- that is based on the illusion of separation and thus can never see beyond or overcome the sense of separation from God. The lie of the prince of this world is that it is possible for you to enter the kingdom of God without letting the ego die-that it is possible for the ego to so something in this world that will make it acceptable in the eyes of God. This is the outer path that causes spiritual and religious people to pursue the impossible quest of seeking to become perfect human beings or following an outer religion- the "only true religion- in order to be saved. This is a decidedly non-constructive approach because it simply cannot end up in salvation. The ego- which has not descended from heaven can never enter the kingdom. Only the conscious self the person that descended from heaven can do so. The conscious self can only do so by letting its worldly sense of identity (the ego) die, which requires you to remove the beam from your own eyes. This was demonstrated by Paul by his inner experience with Jesus on the road to Damascus. He was struck blind and laid in a room with his senses of self stripped from him (his ego). He had that inner confrontation or experience, and when he finally saw the light an attained a measure of Christ consciousness, the scales fell from his eyes and he could truly see for the first time.

God is not a respector of persons, means God does not see your physical being, God does not see your outer actions. God experience's only the conscious you, that is your link with your creator.

I don't follow Peter I follow Jesus. Why would I follow the teachings of a man who denied his Spiritual teacher 3 times. Why would I follow a man who asked Jesus " Since we gave up everything for you and followed you, whats in it for me? What do I get for my sacrifice? Why would I follow a man who Jesus said too "Get behind me Satan?"
This is who built your religion and founded your church.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/12/2016 9:25:00 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,974)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Sounds like new age mumbo jumbo to me.

I remember when I first started reading about Catholicism, I thought to myself, how clear and concise it all is, how it all hangs together, how every doctrine supports several other doctrines. How different it is from just the Bible alone, which can be interpreted many different ways, I said to myself. And how different from eastern religions, with their consciousnesses and mantras that sound oh-so spiritual, but in actuality don't mean a damn thing.

2/12/2016 9:34:22 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,974)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I remember when I first started reading about Catholicism, I thought to myself, how clear and concise it all is, how it all hangs together, how every doctrine supports several other doctrines. How different it is from just the Bible alone, which can be interpreted many different ways, I said to myself. And how different from eastern religions, with their consciousnesses and mantras that sound oh-so spiritual, but in actuality don't mean a damn thing.

2/12/2016 9:56:46 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

followjesusonly
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,927)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Your church has had 2000 years to perfect its scam and to usurp God in the minds of its followers such as yourself, which it has done, and about which you have declared that "Jesus is the Church and the Church is Jesus." Since Jesus is God, they've declared, or at least you have, that the Church is God. They've declared themselves infallible, an attribute of God, and they blasphemously call the head priest in Rome, The Holy Father, a term reserved for God in heaven by Jesus, and they've said that Jesus' words are not to be taken seriously because they want to call each other "Father" against Jesus' command not to do so. They've shown, according to Jesus, that they do not love God because they don't obey God. The other day you said that all the priests are in obedience to Jesus, but the fact is that none of them are in obedience to Jesus, they all disobey and defy Jesus.

2/12/2016 11:59:49 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Eastern religions? Almost all religions are rooted in Eastern philosophy. Jesus was born in the middle east was he not? Judaism was based in the Middle east was it not? The Koran originated from the Middle East. Buddhism originated in India did it not? The Gnostic bible originated in the Middle East. The very religion you practice is rooted deeply in the East.

You may say that is New Age beliefs but what I spoke of has been around for over 2000 years, just because you failed to recognize it doesn't make it new. I did forget though that you don't believe Christ is with us anymore giving new progressive revelations. You still waiting for him to come back.

2/13/2016 12:20:35 AM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from irishrose0906:
Eastern religions? Almost all religions are rooted in Eastern philosophy. Jesus was born in the middle east was he not? Judaism was based in the Middle east was it not? The Koran originated from the Middle East. Buddhism originated in India did it not? The Gnostic bible originated in the Middle East. The very religion you practice is rooted deeply in the East.

You may say that is New Age beliefs but what I spoke of has been around for over 2000 years, just because you failed to recognize it doesn't make it new. I did forget though that you don't believe Christ is with us anymore giving new progressive revelations. You still waiting for him to come back.

According to Jesus, Ludlow doesn't even love God.

Jesus: "Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

"If a man love me, he will keep my words."(John 14:23)
"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings." (John 14:24)

2/13/2016 8:45:28 AM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

kb2222
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,569)
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from kb2222:
Ludlow, do you actually believe God/Jesus would order man to kill people for these reasons?

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Death for Hitting Dad (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Death for Cursing Parents (Proverbs 20:20 NAB, Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill False Prophets (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-18 NLT)
Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
Kill Followers of Other Religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB, Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)
Kill False Prophets (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT, Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)
Infidels and Gays Should Die (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)
Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
Kill Sons of Sinners (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

2/13/2016 8:46:38 AM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from followjesusonly:

Lots of good stuff there. Thanks Clarence.

I think I'll try this one next:

•The Plain Truth about the Catholic Church Heresy

Oh, I just went there and the above article is the same one I posted.

I haven't become a Baptist, of course, but the truth about the abomination that is the Catholic church comes from many sources.

My point is that Sadlerian Christianity with its eugenics and Adam and Eve as 8 foot tall space aliens would be equally, if not more, heretical to Pastor James L. Melton than the Catholic version, so why quote the guy so extensively? Is it like a the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing, similar to how you quote rational critical NT scholars when it suits your purposes?

2/13/2016 9:21:33 AM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Clarence2, would you please read...The Urantia Book, Paper 74, Adam and Eve...

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-74-adam-and-eve

...and tell me why you conclude what is written sounds like the imagination of Sadler or any other human being?

2/13/2016 12:47:38 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from clarence2:

Lots of good stuff there. Thanks Clarence.

I think I'll try this one next:

•The Plain Truth about the Catholic Church Heresy

Oh, I just went there and the above article is the same one I posted.

I haven't become a Baptist, of course, but the truth about the abomination that is the Catholic church comes from many sources.

My point is that Sadlerian Christianity with its eugenics and Adam and Eve as 8 foot tall space aliens would be equally, if not more, heretical to Pastor James L. Melton than the Catholic version, so why quote the guy so extensively? Is it like a the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing, similar to how you quote rational critical NT scholars when it suits your purposes?

Absolutely. Yes. You use all manner of sources when it suits your purposes. We all do.

The Catholic Church is an abomination, and if this Baptist guy can articulate that well and has studied it well from a biblical standpoint, why shouldn't I benefit from, and use his knowledge and expertise? That's why you look to scientists, and to Bart Ehrman and so on, isn't it, to benefit from and use their knowledge and expertise? You can't be an expert on everything, so you look to others and you use their information. I do the same.

Would you like me to post the 65kb of text of Ludlowisms that I have? After reading it, even you will have to admit that the Catholic Church is FUBAR if Ludlow is representing their positions correctly, and I think he is. He's totally brainwashed into it. He's a tool.

When, and if, Mr. Melton ever turns his critique on The Urantia Book, that will be the time to deal with that. Right now it's speculation. No sense in crying before one is hurt, as they say. And if Melton's critique, should it come, is just along the lines of "The Urantia Book is false because it's not what I already believe," then it can be dismissed. That's not a valid reason. All that is saying is, "I've been indoctrinated this particular way and so every other way must be wrong." On the other hand, maybe Melton would stand up and shout: "Wow, The Urantia Book, this is the truth I've always been looking for! Hallelujah!" It could happen. The Catholic church is false because it claims infallibility. No mortal humans are infallible. You should be able to see that. Its claim of infallibility disqualifies it from being infallible. Within its own framework, it's false from a biblical sense because it has discarded several of the 10 commandments, it flagrantly disobeys God and calls its priests, "Father" when Jesus clearly says not to do that, it's rife with homosexuals and pedophiles. It's false because it prays to dead people and worships Mary. Catholicism is false for many reasons, none of which have anything to do with why or why not The Urantia Book might be false. They're completely different animals. And while I know it's fun to call Adam and Eve, "space aliens," the truth, or at least the story in the book, is a bit more nuanced. And The Urantia Book is not "Sadlerian Christianity." He's not the author.

Are you still in the book, still reading it? How far along are you? Have you read the Jesus papers yet? Do you ever hear from Asha or do you know anything about what happened to her, why she went away, etc?

2/13/2016 12:50:34 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from kb2222:
Clarence2, would you please read...The Urantia Book, Paper 74, Adam and Eve...

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-74-adam-and-eve

...and tell me why you conclude what is written sounds like the imagination of Sadler or any other human being?

He's already read it, and asking questions like that, in my opinion, never leads where one hopes it to lead.

2/13/2016 7:15:03 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

He's already read it, and asking questions like that, in my opinion, never leads where one hopes it to lead.

Well, I ask questions like that because I really believe a "truthful" answer is NO it really doesn't sound like its the "imagination" of anyone including Sadler. If someone honestly thinks otherwise then I would like to hear their reasoning.

2/13/2016 8:03:32 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from kb2222:
Well, I ask questions like that because I really believe a "truthful" answer is NO it really doesn't sound like its the "imagination" of anyone including Sadler. If someone honestly thinks otherwise then I would like to hear their reasoning.

It almost always leads to an argumentative quagmire.

Rhetorical questions are tricky, like, "Do you really think I'm that stupid?"

Never ask questions like that. The answer may seem clear to you, but...

2/13/2016 8:05:28 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

It almost always leads to an argumentative quagmire.

Rhetorical questions are tricky, like, "Do you really think I'm that stupid?"

Never ask questions like that. The answer may seem clear to you, but...

2/13/2016 8:24:33 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from kb2222:

Asking rhetorical questions that aren't guaranteed to go your way is just like spotting the other team two touchdowns, imo. It's like saying, "Here's a club, beat me with it."

[Edited 2/13/2016 8:25:14 PM ]

2/13/2016 9:02:01 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Asking rhetorical questions that aren't guaranteed to go your way is just like spotting the other team two touchdowns, imo. It's like saying, "Here's a club, beat me with it."

First off I see nothing rhetorical about my question. Second, as I said, if someone honestly thinks otherwise then I would like to hear their reasoning (other than I'm an atheist and I can't accept anything in the UB) and I don't think that equates to "Here's a club, beat me with it." I asked the question of clarence2 so lets just hear a sincere answer from him and if he can score a touchdown I'm all ears.

2/13/2016 9:33:52 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from clarence2:

Absolutely. Yes. You use all manner of sources when it suits your purposes. We all do.

I wouldn't use a source for which I have no respect to discredit a religion. I'd rather use my own arguments backed by sources I do respect.

Here's a blog about Pastor James L. Melton. I've read a couple of those essays Melton writes, so I don't doubt there's some truth in the blogger's appraisal of him:

Encyclopedia of American Loons

http://americanloons.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/939-james-l-melton.html

The Catholic Church is an abomination, and if this Baptist guy can articulate that well and has studied it well from a biblical standpoint, why shouldn't I benefit from, and use his knowledge and expertise? That's why you look to scientists, and to Bart Ehrman and so on, isn't it, to benefit from and use their knowledge and expertise? You can't be an expert on everything, so you look to others and you use their information. I do the same.

How do you know Pastor James L. Melton is a reliable scholar with worthwhile knowledge and expertise? Is he distinguished enough to have a Wiki entry detailing his achievements? Have you checked what he says against other sources? You said somewhere on forum recently that you don't have time to read anything.

A member called Sunny posted an article by James L. Melton on a thread titled

Urantia - Masterpiece of Deception

https://DateHookup.dating/Thread-1118176-481.htm

A quote:

This attack on the Lord Jesus Christ is being executed in many ways by many different groups. Various cult groups, New Age groups, and even modern Bible translators have their own methods of robbing Jesus Christ of His Deity. Many young men today enter Bible colleges and seminaries believing in the Deity of Christ, and then graduate four years later with less faith than when they enrolled!

You see in the above where Melton talks about cult groups and "New Age" groups. That's your ilk and the UB, that is.

Would you like me to post the 65kb of text of Ludlowisms that I have? After reading it, even you will have to admit that the Catholic Church is FUBAR if Ludlow is representing their positions correctly, and I think he is. He's totally brainwashed into it. He's a tool.

I also find Lud's beliefs repulsive, but it's the beliefs you should criticize and not Lud himself with all that "You don't love Jesus" mawkish emotional blackmail sh*t. Lud happens to be someone who's so thick skinned he never hits the block button, even when it's appropriate to do so, which it is in this case IMO.

When, and if, Mr. Melton ever turns his critique on The Urantia Book, that will be the time to deal with that. Right now it's speculation. No sense in crying before one is hurt, as they say. And if Melton's critique, should it come, is just along the lines of "The Urantia Book is false because it's not what I already believe," then it can be dismissed. That's not a valid reason. All that is saying is, "I've been indoctrinated this particular way and so every other way must be wrong." On the other hand, maybe Melton would stand up and shout: "Wow, The Urantia Book, this is the truth I've always been looking for! Hallelujah!" It could happen.

Read more of those articles I posted. Read the blog I linked. Melton is a conservative protestant fundamentalist from the nutbag end of the spectrum. I don't think he'd be amenable to the idea of God's "only begotten son" being one of 700,000 creator son units each charged with building and stocking their own private universe, but I suppose you could message him with some UB bumph and find out.

The Catholic church is false because it claims infallibility. No mortal humans are infallible. You should be able to see that. Its claim of infallibility disqualifies it from being infallible. Within its own framework, it's false from a biblical sense because it has discarded several of the 10 commandments, it flagrantly disobeys God and calls its priests, "Father" when Jesus clearly says not to do that, it's rife with homosexuals and pedophiles. It's false because it prays to dead people and worships Mary. Catholicism is false for many reasons, none of which have anything to do with why or why not The Urantia Book might be false.

In my opinion the tenets of Christianity, which are shared by both Catholics and Protestants are false and don't represent what Jesus himself probably believed. I don't think for example, that Jesus thought the whole of humanity have a flawed nature owing to the heritable sin of Adam and Eve, and need to accept him as their personal Saviour in order to correct this flaw and become acceptable to God. I think Jesus's ministry was directed at Jews only and was an apocalyptic message about the end of the age and an imminent intervention from God to destroy the wicked and create an everlasting utopian society for his chosen people. I believe the later NT writers (such as John) are responsible for changing the message of Jesus when the promised apocalypse failed to transpire. Jesus never intended to inaugurate a church in his name that would last for an indefinite period. This development was initiated by his followers, who composed Gospel verses to suit, like the one where Jesus goes "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."(Matthew 16:18).

The points you raise for why you say Catholicism is false don't impress me because I think Christianity is all or mostly false, as in not based on much of what Jesus preached, and based on a prophet whose predictions failed. Yes, Catholicism has further changed the traditions of Christianity in addition to the changes the NT authors made, but those changes probably enabled the religion to attract pagans and broaden its consumer base. If this hadn't happened, perhaps Christianity would have failed to become so successful, and William Sadler would never have had the brainwave of rewriting the religion in his own image as a grotesque Frankensteinian conglomeration featuring early 20th century racist and eugenics ideas.

[Edited 2/13/2016 9:35:23 PM ]

2/13/2016 10:15:34 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,970)
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Killer post, Clarencec

2/13/2016 11:32:33 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from clarence2:
.My point is that Sadlerian Christianity with its eugenics and Adam and Eve as 8 foot tall space aliens would be equally, if not more, heretical to Pastor James L. Melton than the Catholic version, so why quote the guy so extensively? Is it like a the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing, similar to how you quote rational critical NT scholars when it suits your purposes?

I wouldn't use a source for which I have no respect to discredit a religion.

You wouldn't? Why not? What difference does it make where the truth comes from? Do you really think that the truth only comes from sources YOU respect? In any case, I NEVER said I had no respect for Mr. Melton. Where did you get that idea? He's obviously a highly intelligent scholar when it comes to the Abomination of Catholicism.

I'd rather use my own arguments backed by sources I do respect.

I respect Mr. Melton for what he knows about Catholicism. I don't have to respect him for everything.

Here's a blog about Pastor James L. Melton. I've read a couple of those essays Melton writes, so I don't doubt there's some truth in the blogger's appraisal of him:

Encyclopedia of American Loons

http://americanloons.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/939-james-l-melton.html

I looked at it. Scanned it. Didn't read every word, but it looked like a hit piece on Mr. Melton. The writer said, "Of Catholicism, he claims that “the foundation of the Roman church is none other than the pagan mystery religion of ancient Babylon."

What's wrong with that? The Catholic church has it's roots in Mithraism. It's true. Even the "Holy Water" they dip their fingers in to make the sign of the cross is stolen from Mithraism. The making of the sign of the cross on the forehead with ashes on "Ash Wednesday" is another Mithraic form. I'm not interested in defending Mr. Melton but your guy above is not an honest broker either.

How do you know Pastor James L. Melton is a reliable scholar with worthwhile knowledge and expertise? Is he distinguished enough to have a Wiki entry detailing his achievements? Have you checked what he says against other sources? You said somewhere on forum recently that you don't have time to read anything.

I'm pretty sure I haven't said I don't have time to read anything.
But feel free to quote me. From what I know about the Catholic church, and I was raised Catholic, I believe that everything Mr. Melton said about it is true. He doesn't have to be "a reliable scholar with worthwhile knowledge and expertise," in ALL things.

A member called Sunny posted an article by James L. Melton on a thread titled

Urantia - Masterpiece of Deception

https://DateHookup.dating/Thread-1118176-481.htm

A quote:

This attack on the Lord Jesus Christ is being executed in many ways by many different groups. Various cult groups, New Age groups, and even modern Bible translators have their own methods of robbing Jesus Christ of His Deity. Many young men today enter Bible colleges and seminaries believing in the Deity of Christ, and then graduate four years later with less faith than when they enrolled!

You see in the above where Melton talks about cult groups and "New Age" groups. That's your ilk and the UB, that is.

Yes, I remember Sunny, an impossible old woman. And no, the UB and our ilk is not a cult group or new age.

AND, OF COURSE, THE URANTIA BOOK IS NOT AN "attack on the Lord Jesus Christ." Even you can see that, especially since, or whenever, you finish the book.

I also find Lud's beliefs repulsive, but it's the beliefs you should criticize and not Lud himself with all that "You don't love Jesus" mawkish emotional blackmail sh*t.

It's not a criticism. Yes, it's a "hard saying," but it's Jesus who says it. It's a real simple three-step:

1. Jesus says "Call no man your father upon the earth: "for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)
2. Ludlow refuses to do as Jesus says and instead does the exact opposite, effectively giving Jesus the finger ... and...
3. Jesus further says:
Jesus: "Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)
"If a man love me, he will keep my words."(John 14:23)
"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings." (John 14:24)

As we went through this the last time, you should stay out of this particular fight. You're an non believer. You should recuse yourself. And stay recused on this issue.

Lud happens to be someone who's so thick skinned he never hits the block button, even when it's appropriate to do so, which it is in this case IMO.

Not my problem, and in fact, I agree with you. He should have pulled the plug a long time ago. The reason he doesn't is because he has too much invested in all of his Catholic assertions and indoctrination and he would lose face if he dropped out. He sees his only way forward is to keep digging the hole he's in deeper, repeatedly saying that the pope stands in for God and that outside of his church there is no salvation, and so on.

When, and if, Mr. Melton ever turns his critique on The Urantia Book, that will be the time to deal with that. Right now it's speculation. No sense in crying before one is hurt, as they say. And if Melton's critique, should it come, is just along the lines of "The Urantia Book is false because it's not what I already believe," then it can be dismissed. That's not a valid reason. All that is saying is, "I've been indoctrinated this particular way and so every other way must be wrong." On the other hand, maybe Melton would stand up and shout: "Wow, The Urantia Book, this is the truth I've always been looking for! Hallelujah!" It could happen.

Read more of those articles I posted. Read the blog I linked. Melton is a conservative protestant fundamentalist from the nutbag end of the spectrum. I don't think he'd be amenable to the idea of God's "only begotten son" being one of 700,000 creator son units each charged with building and stocking their own private universe, but I suppose you could message him with some UB bumph and find out.

Continued in Part 2

2/13/2016 11:32:55 PM Catholic pedophile "Fathers" in training  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Part 2

I'm not interested in Mr. Melton outside of his views on Catholicism. I don't care if he would ever be amenable to the idea of God's "only begotten son" being one of 700,000 creator son units each charged with building and stocking their own private universe. I don't care if anyone here is amenable to any of that either. I'm not trying to convince anyone of those things. The only thing I'd like to see is people read the book for themselves and decide for themselves. I'm not selling anything. One Christian here suggested that I needed to "convince" him of my beliefs. Sorry, but that's not my job. People can read the book for themselves and convince themselves. I know that's not the standard hard-sell Christian modus operandi that Christians use to spread their "truth," but it's the way we do it.

The Catholic church is false because it claims infallibility. No mortal humans are infallible. You should be able to see that. Its claim of infallibility disqualifies it from being infallible. Within its own framework, it's false from a biblical sense because it has discarded several of the 10 commandments, it flagrantly disobeys God and calls its priests, "Father" when Jesus clearly says not to do that, it's rife with homosexuals and pedophiles. It's false because it prays to dead people and worships Mary. Catholicism is false for many reasons, none of which have anything to do with why or why not The Urantia Book might be false.

In my opinion the tenets of Christianity, which are shared by both Catholics and Protestants are false and don't represent what Jesus himself probably believed.

Well, I agree with that.

I don't think for example, that Jesus thought the whole of humanity have a flawed nature owing to the heritable sin of Adam and Eve, and need to accept him as their personal Saviour in order to correct this flaw and become acceptable to God.

I agree with that too. You're actually starting to sound like a Urantia Book believer there.

I think Jesus's ministry was directed at Jews only and was an apocalyptic message about the end of the age and an imminent intervention from God to destroy the wicked and create an everlasting utopian society for his chosen people. I believe the later NT writers (such as John) are responsible for changing the message of Jesus when the promised apocalypse failed to transpire. Jesus never intended to inaugurate a church in his name that would last for an indefinite period. This development was initiated by his followers, who composed Gospel verses to suit, like the one where Jesus goes "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."(Matthew 16:18).

Yeah. Very good. You're getting there. By the way, and I don't know how far you are in the book, but here's what Jesus really said at Matthew 16:18:

157:4.4 After they had partaken of their meal and were engaged in discussing plans for the forthcoming tour of the Decapolis, Jesus suddenly looked up into their faces and said: “Now that a full day has passed since you assented to Simon Peter’s declaration regarding the identity of the Son of Man, I would ask if you still hold to your decision?” On hearing this, the twelve stood upon their feet, and Simon Peter, stepping a few paces forward toward Jesus, said: “Yes, Master, we do. We believe that you are the Son of the living God.” And Peter sat down with his brethren.

157:4.5 Jesus, still standing, then said to the twelve: “You are my chosen ambassadors, but I know that, in the circumstances, you could not entertain this belief as a result of mere human knowledge. This is a revelation of the spirit of my Father to your inmost souls. And when, therefore, you make this confession by the insight of the spirit of my Father which dwells within you, I am led to declare that upon this foundation will I build the brotherhood of the kingdom of heaven. Upon this rock of spiritual reality will I build the living temple of spiritual fellowship in the eternal realities of my Father’s kingdom. All the forces of evil and the hosts of sin shall not prevail against this human fraternity of the divine spirit. And while my Father’s spirit shall ever be the divine guide and mentor of all who enter the bonds of this spirit fellowship, to you and your successors I now deliver the keys of the outward kingdom—the authority over things temporal—the social and economic features of this association of men and women as fellows of the kingdom.” And again he charged them, for the time being, that they should tell no man that he was the Son of God. -The Urantia Book

The points you raise for why you say Catholicism is false don't impress me because

They don't impress you because you have no skin in the game.

I think Christianity is all or mostly false, as in not based on much of what Jesus preached, and based on a prophet whose predictions failed. Yes, Catholicism has further changed the traditions of Christianity in addition to the changes the NT authors made, but those changes probably enabled the religion to attract pagans and broaden its consumer base. If this hadn't happened, perhaps Christianity would have failed to become so successful, and William Sadler would never have had the brainwave of rewriting the religion in his own image as a grotesque Frankensteinian conglomeration featuring early 20th century racist and eugenics ideas.