Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

hookup dating meaning

It is like when you go buying , you select the very best a single. singles forum of atlanta POZ Personals often options suggestions from members going by means of various stages of dating. And if you get started dating during the divorce, she will dig in and fight you tooth and nail. asian girlfriend amatuer Fitness and flirting all from the comfort of your workout bike? My partner of 3 years has cheated on me.

memphis hookups

All also usually, angry reactions which may seem to be excessive are a sign that there are underlying issues. orlando chat line Some no cost websites can be quite light on in the particulars department so you have to make a dating choice virtually solely on look . She then finds his wallet with his ID, the death certificate of his kid who had committed suicide, and some key papers. belle delphine single If you are not into PDA and you do not want them to post any images on future dates, this is your chance to inform them.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/14/2016 11:55:23 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,984)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from olderthandirt20:

Eventually, Gardner comes to the science of the UB. If the UB really were an extraterrestrial revelation, it should accurately describe our universe. It fails this test miserably. The UB claims the universe is over one trillion years old; most scientists date it at about 15 billion years (186). The temperature it assigns to the sun’s surface is off by thousands of degrees (190); it falsely says that Mercury keeps the same face towards the sun (196). The UB teaches that humans have 48 chromosomes; it should be 46 (217). Atoms supposedly cannot possess more than 100 electrons; this “limit” was broken in 1955, as any periodic table will confirm (214).

Look at what you did, you copied and pasted. Why don't you post this in your own words like you want others to do for you?

And you're posting from a book that you haven't read, questions about another book that you haven't read, by a guy who admitted that he hadn't read The Urantia Book either (Gardner)

The chromosomes issue has already been answered. Where were you? Gardner says, "The UB teaches that humans have 48 chromosomes." It does not teach that and it does not say that. That's the answer. The answer is reading what the text says, not reading what you think it says or what you want it to say.

Gardner says, "The UB claims the universe is over one trillion years old; most scientists date it at about 15 billion years (186)

That's not an error. That's a difference of opinion. What difference does it make that "most scientists say"? Can they not be wrong? Does asserting that "most scientists say" magically turn conjecture into fact?

The Urantia Book does not say that Mercury keeps the same face toward the sun. It's a complex, compound sentence that needs to be read carefully.

No one has gone to the surface of the sun to measure it. No, seriously. And exactly where does the "surface" of the sun start? What is the "surface" of the sun made of? Stainless steel? Could we walk around on it if we had air conditioned space suits? What difference does it make what the temperature of the surface of the sun is? Is it practical information that you can use in your day to day life?

Kb & I have debated the chromosome to the point of we just can't agree, any input you have would be appreciated.

There's nothing to debate. The Urantia Book does not give the number of chromosomes. You have to read the text that's there, not the text you think should be there. Write your own Urantia Book and use whatever words YOU want to use.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/14/2016 1:44:56 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,628)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

As Mick Jagger says, "You can't always get what you want." ("But if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need.")

So you think you can ask the questions, AND dictate the manner in which you get the answers, is that right? Last night on The Simpsons, Marge said to Lisa, "The Ego has landed!" What a great line indeed.

No I know I can't dictate others response I can only ask not demand, if you don't want to respond honestly, that's up to each individual poster.
And the reason I posted the cut & paste was because It was what I read and it gave me reason to doubt the papers.
I thought you or others might want to address the issue, however if you choose to not give an honest answer that is your prerogative, it's no skin off my back.

I was sure you would be on the defencive after you were "forced to unblock" me.
As for your last post, that's fine like I said I can't force you to engage in the topic in an intelligent way nor would I wish to force anything upon you.
But thank you for your initial post in this thread.

3/14/2016 3:34:13 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

No I know I can't dictate others response I can only ask not demand, if you don't want to respond honestly, that's up to each individual poster.
And the reason I posted the cut & paste was because It was what I read and it gave me reason to doubt the papers.
I thought you or others might want to address the issue, however if you choose to not give an honest answer that is your prerogative, it's no skin off my back.

I was sure you would be on the defencive after you were "forced to unblock" me.
As for your last post, that's fine like I said I can't force you to engage in the topic in an intelligent way nor would I wish to force anything upon you.
But thank you for your initial post in this thread.

I engaged in the topic. I gave you all the answers to the issues that Gardner (not you) raised. If you want to ask the questions in your own words, feel free. Gardner has admitted that he did not read the entire book. He said there was no way he would ever do that. He had extensive correspondence (real paper letters) with many "Urantians" in the process of his book writing. I was one of them. I have his letters in my files. I copied (took a picture) of one of them and posted it here on DH when Asha was still here. He asked a lot of questions and got a lot of feedback. He ignored most of it. You have to understand who Gardner was. He was a professional debunker. He had no interest in The Urantia Book. It's like if you hire someone to paint your house. They don't care about your house, it's just a job. If Gardner was set to debunk you or what you believe, whatever that is, if anything, he'd debunk it. It was his job. That's what he did.

3/14/2016 4:35:18 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Okay I have your answers thanks

3/15/2016 10:43:20 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,670)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from rufftreasure:
I was playing nice with Cup, and next thing you know she blocked me

I'm guessing she wasn't having fun with that

That's a shame . Its the queens , that make the rules .

3/15/2016 10:57:20 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,670)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

The wings that get stuck in the trap , will flutter like wings in a trap . Those that escape , create a brand new view .

3/15/2016 11:39:32 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,039)
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Well, she just disconnected from a queen:signlol:
Yes a shame

3/15/2016 10:56:46 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Antonio de BiedmaMexico City
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

Quote from rufftreasure:
I can't stand that machine gun, emoticon
i just do it for the mere fun of it, nothing less, i'm serious right now not joking at all.

3/15/2016 11:19:58 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

@ lmarcox3 Since you seem to be the strongest supporter in this thread for the urantia book I am curious how you reconcile the misstated facts contained in the book?
@Otd20, Let's see:
There are indeed contradictions & self-contradictions in URANTIA, a fact that @followjesusonly won't admit. The OT & NT in the bible have contradictions & self-contradictions too, we already know!.
OK. So how does one reconcile it: here's what happens. The self-contradictions have already been explained & clarified by Ernest P. Moyer in his free online & print book, The Birth of a Divine Revelation: The Origin of The Urantia Papers. Go see it if you will: http://world-destiny.org
As to URANTIA's science 'errors', URANTIA itself clarified that (adding at the same time that it itself has authoritative science, among other related things):
URANTIA:
http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-101-real-nature-religion
4. The Limitations of Revelation

101:4.1 (1109.2) Because your world is generally ignorant of origins, even of physical origins, it has appeared to be wise from time to time to provide instruction in cosmology. And always has this made trouble for the future. The laws of revelation hamper us greatly by their proscription of the impartation of unearned or premature knowledge. Any cosmology presented as a part of revealed religion is destined to be outgrown in a very short time. Accordingly, future students of such a revelation are tempted to discard any element of genuine religious truth it may contain because they discover errors on the face of the associated cosmologies therein presented.

101:4.2 (1109.3) Mankind should understand that we who participate in the revelation of truth are very rigorously limited by the instructions of our superiors. We are not at liberty to anticipate the scientific discoveries of a thousand years. Revelators must act in accordance with the instructions which form a part of the revelation mandate. We see no way of overcoming this difficulty, either now or at any future time. We full well know that, while the historic facts and religious truths of this series of revelatory presentations will stand on the records of the ages to come, within a few short years many of our statements regarding the physical sciences will stand in need of revision in consequence of additional scientific developments and new discoveries. These new developments we even now foresee, but we are forbidden to include such humanly undiscovered facts in the revelatory records. Let it be made clear that revelations are not necessarily inspired. The cosmology of these revelations is not inspired. It is limited by our permission for the co-ordination and sorting of present-day knowledge. While divine or spiritual insight is a gift, human wisdom must evolve.

101:4.3 (1109.4) Truth is always a revelation: autorevelation when it emerges as a result of the work of the indwelling Adjuster; epochal revelation when it is presented by the function of some other celestial agency, group, or personality.

101:4.4 (1109.5) In the last analysis, religion is to be judged by its fruits, according to the manner and the extent to which it exhibits its own inherent and divine excellence.

101:4.5 (1109.6) Truth may be but relatively inspired, even though revelation is invariably a spiritual phenomenon. While statements with reference to cosmology are never inspired, such revelations are of immense value in that they at least transiently clarify knowledge by:

101:4.6 (1109.7) 1. The reduction of confusion by the authoritative elimination of error.

101:4.7 (1109.8) 2. The co-ordination of known or about-to-be-known facts and observations.

101:4.8 (1110.1) 3. The restoration of important bits of lost knowledge concerning epochal transactions in the distant past.

101:4.9 (1110.2) 4. The supplying of information which will fill in vital missing gaps in otherwise earned knowledge.

101:4.10 (1110.3) 5. Presenting cosmic data in such a manner as to illuminate the spiritual teachings contained in the accompanying revelation.

3/15/2016 11:34:20 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

marco says: "There are indeed contradictions & self-contradictions in URANTIA, a fact that @followjesusonly won't admit."

Where did he get that from? I have never said The Urantia Book was perfect or that it has no errors. marco makes a lot of these assumption errors and then he blurts them out just as if they are true. Please stop mentioning me in your posts. You don't have any idea what I will or won't admit. Don't make stuff up about people. It's not honest.

Anyway, he's all yours now, OTD.

3/15/2016 11:46:33 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

As to the authoritative Science & History of URANTIA there is an entire website dedicated to that noble purpose, whose just one example is the following (as an aside i have read some but not all the Reports of its main author, Halbert Katzen):
http://www.ubthenews.com/topics/Pangaea1.htm
Pangaea to Plate Tectonics Report
(...)
Prepared by Halbert Katzen, J.D.
[Updated 4/21/07]

Pangaea to Plate Tectonics Summary
Not only does The Urantia Book say that the continents were once all connected as one land mass and that they broke up and then drifted apart, it also provides details about how this happened. Additionally, it addresses issues related to how various pressures affect the interrelationship of oceans, continents, the earth's crust, volcanoes, earthquakes, and mountain formation. Though the theory of continental drift had been around for a long time and some evidence in support of this theory had been developed prior to The Urantia Book's publication in 1955, the continental drift theory was very unpopular at the time of publication because scientists had not come up with an adequate explanation for how continents were able to move. In fact, seafloor spreading and plate tectonic theories, which brought continental drift theory into acceptance, had not yet developed.

Wikipedia puts it this way, "The acceptance of the theories of continental drift and sea floor spreading (the two key elements of plate tectonics) may be compared to the Copernican revolution in astronomy [when it was accepted that the planets move around the sun, not that everything moves around earth]. Within a matter of only several years geophysics and geology in particular were revolutionized. . . . What had been rejected for decades by any respectable scientific journal was eagerly accepted within a few short years in the 1960s and 1970s."

Going beyond a general description of the formation of the continents and mountain ranges, The Urantia Book also gives specific details about the sinking of a peninsula off the eastern coast of the Mediterranean some 33,000 years ago. Sonar technology had not developed sufficiently at the time of The Urantia Book's publication to provide a clear picture of the topography of the eastern Mediterranean basin. Today's more advanced sonar mapping reveals a topography between Cyrus and the coast of Syria that not only aligns with The Urantia Book's description, but also is located at the convergence of three highly active plates that produce an unusual crosscurrent of pressures. (Go to the Garden of Eden Report for a complete explanation about this now sunken peninsula.)

Pangaea to Plate Tectonics Review
[continued at the link above]
There are many more Reports thereon, go see them if you will!!!.

3/15/2016 11:48:41 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

That's right, Rufft, I do it for fun!!!. . .

3/16/2016 12:18:32 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

Quote from followjesusonly:
marco says: "There are indeed contradictions & self-contradictions in URANTIA, a fact that @followjesusonly won't admit."

Where did he get that from? I have never said The Urantia Book was perfect or that it has no errors. marco makes a lot of these assumption errors and then he blurts them out just as if they are true. Please stop mentioning me in your posts. You don't have any idea what I will or won't admit. Don't make stuff up about people. It's not honest.

Anyway, he's all yours now, OTD.
OK but fjo is also being partially sincere since he wrote me privately that there was none in the following URANTIA self-contradiction (which you followjesusonly tried to fix with your own subjective 'explanation'):
35:1.2 In the universe of Nebadon the Father Melchizedek acts as the first executive associate of the Bright and Morning Star. Gabriel is occupied more with universe policies, Melchizedek with practical procedures. Gabriel presides over the regularly constituted tribunals and councils of Nebadon, Melchizedek over the special, extraordinary, and emergency commissions and advisory bodies. Gabriel and the Father Melchizedek are never away from Salvington at the same time, for in Gabriel's absence the Father Melchizedek functions as the chief executive of Nebadon.

158:1.6 It was about three o’clock on this beautiful afternoon that Jesus took leave of the three apostles, saying: “I go apart by myself for a season to commune with the Father and his messengers; I bid you tarry here and, while awaiting my return, pray that the Father’s will may be done in all your experience in connection with the further bestowal mission of the Son of Man.” And after saying this to them, Jesus withdrew for a long conference with Gabriel and the Father Melchizedek, not returning until about six o’clock. When Jesus saw their anxiety over his prolonged absence, he said: “Why were you afraid? You well know I must be about my Father’s business; wherefore do you doubt when I am not with you? I now declare that the Son of Man has chosen to go through his full life in your midst and as one of you. Be of good cheer; I will not leave you until my work is finished.”

3/16/2016 1:00:50 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Still more crap from marco:

"OK but fjo is also being partially sincere since he wrote me privately that there was none in the following URANTIA self-contradiction (which you followjesusonly tried to fix with your own subjective 'explanation'):"

Please stop mentioning me in your goddamn posts. WTF is wrong with you? You're like the Tar Baby in Brer' Rabbit.

[Edited 3/16/2016 1:02:18 AM ]

3/16/2016 1:02:44 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

URANTIA starts thus:
                                                             http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/foreword
                                                             Foreword
                                                             Paper 0:0.1 (page 1.1) IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia — that being the name of your world — there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.
                                                             0:0.2 (1.2) It is exceedingly difficult to present enlarged concepts and advanced truth, in our endeavor to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception, when we are restricted to the use of a circumscribed language of the realm. But our mandate admonishes us to make every effort to convey our meanings by using the word symbols of the English tongue. We have been instructed to introduce new terms only when the concept to be portrayed finds no terminology in English which can be employed to convey such a new concept partially or even with more or less distortion of meaning.
                                                             0:0.3 (1.3) In the hope of facilitating comprehension and of preventing confusion on the part of every mortal who may peruse these papers, we deem it wise to present in this initial statement an outline of the meanings to be attached to numerous English words which are to be employed in designation of Deity and certain associated concepts of the things, meanings, and values of universal reality.
                                                             0:0.4 (1.4) But in order to formulate this Foreword of definitions and limitations of terminology, it is necessary to anticipate the usage of these terms in the subsequent presentations. This Foreword is not, therefore, a finished statement within itself; it is only a definitive guide designed to assist those who shall read the accompanying papers dealing with Deity and the universe of universes which have been formulated by an Orvonton commission sent to Urantia for this purpose.
                                                             0:0.5 (1.5) Your world, Urantia, is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Orvonton is one of the seven evolutionary superuniverses of time and space which circle the never-beginning, never-ending creation of divine perfection — the central universe of Havona. At the heart of this eternal and central universe is the stationary Isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal God.
                                                             0:0.6 (1.6) The seven evolving superuniverses in association with the central and divine universe, we commonly refer to as the grand universe; these are the now organized and inhabited creations. They are all a part of the master universe, which also embraces the uninhabited but mobilizing universes of outer space.

[Edited 3/16/2016 1:03:23 AM ]

3/16/2016 1:06:23 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

Still more crap from marco:

"OK but fjo is also being partially sincere since he wrote me privately that there was none in the following URANTIA self-contradiction (which you followjesusonly tried to fix with your own subjective 'explanation'):"

Please stop mentioning me in your goddamn posts. WTF is wrong with you? You're like the Tar Baby in Brer' Rabbit.
& also fjo is like this again: .
i don't want anything with him, really!.

3/16/2016 10:16:52 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from lmarcox3:
That's right, Rufft, I do it for fun!!!. . .

I just made a simple statement, and now, if you call shooting someone symbolically fun, and now you're shooting the Damn thing at me??
Now you've made it personal.
Even if only symbolically, you show your negative and murderous mind

3/16/2016 10:21:56 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from lmarcox3:
& also fjo is like this again: .
i don't want anything with him, really!.

Well, you aren't very desirable ,yourself, sir.

3/16/2016 6:15:48 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

Quote from rufftreasure:
I just made a simple statement, and now, if you call shooting someone symbolically fun, and now you're shooting the Damn thing at me??
Now you've made it personal.
Even if only symbolically, you show your negative and murderous mind
Rufft, if that emoticon is here, it's because it's Fun. I'm not shooting at you, I'm shooting at Nothing & No one; just because I'm 'shooting' in the same line where your nickname is, doesn't make me negative or murderous. .

3/16/2016 6:57:43 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

I still don't like that emoticon or it's symbolism.

Here's some real fun, going out and shooting at inanimate objects like beer or beverage cans, with real guns......
In the words of a great singer, John Prine, " Cuz empty pop bottles , was all we could kill"

3/16/2016 7:31:28 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

i kinda agree with you Rufft!.

3/16/2016 9:09:00 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

3/17/2016 12:42:44 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

3/17/2016 7:18:56 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

masterweber
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,535)
Baton Rouge, LA
33, joined May. 2013

What opinion when all suppose to be obeying the reform mindset sound judgment act of God prefix legal allegiance justice system of obeying God eternal bondage laws of force mandatory lamentations instructions term order over genders entitlement of ground standard???

What is an opinion when I have to inherit eternal life?

Proverbs 18:1-8New International Version (NIV)

18 An unfriendly person pursues selfish ends
and against all sound judgment starts quarrels.
2 Fools find no pleasure in understanding
but delight in airing their own opinions.
3 When wickedness comes, so does contempt,
and with shame comes reproach.
4 The words of the mouth are deep waters,
but the fountain of wisdom is a rushing stream.
5 It is not good to be partial to the wicked
and so deprive the innocent of justice.
6 The lips of fools bring them strife,
and their mouths invite a beating.
7 The mouths of fools are their undoing,
and their lips are a snare to their very lives.
8 The words of a gossip are like choice morsels;
they go down to the inmost parts.

[Edited 3/17/2016 7:20:23 PM ]

3/23/2016 4:08:49 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

OTD, Clarence, are you there?

Could you, either separately or together, write down in your own words, some simple, concise statements concerning the alleged science errors in The Urantia Book. Perhaps like the sample below, and then I will try to find the answers, also like the sample below. Please do as many of them as you can.

Sample statement/question:
The Urantia Book is wrong when it says there are 48 chromosomes.

Sample answer:
The Urantia Book does not say there are 48 chromosomes. The Urantia Book does not mention the number of chromosomes.

And so on. Please bring up all the issues that you possibly can. I need this for a project.

Much obliged.

3/23/2016 7:01:37 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

@ FJO

Gardener contends the following;
Gardener comes to the science of the UB. If the UB really were an extraterrestrial revelation, it should accurately describe our universe. It fails this test miserably. The UB claims the universe is over one trillion years old; most scientists date it at about 15 billion years (186). The temperature it assigns to the sun’s surface is off by thousands of degrees (190); it falsely says that Mercury keeps the same face towards the sun (196). The UB teaches that humans have 48 chromosomes; it should be 46 (217). Atoms supposedly cannot possess more than 100 electrons; this “limit” was broken in 1955, as any periodic table will confirm (214).

So according to Gardener
(1) the UB says the universe is over 1 trillion years old
(2)the surface temperature of the sun as stated by the UB is off by thousands
( 5,778 K 5,505 °C, 9,941 °F)
(3) the UB says mercury keeps the same side facing the sun always
( it does not )
(4) says the UB teaches that humans have 48 chromosomes
( it's 46 )
(5)Atoms cannot contain more than 100 electrons
(6) that there were 3 more undiscovered planets in our solar system
To my knowledge this is all the scientific errors( listed by Gardener

3/23/2016 8:54:26 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Alright, some comments below...

@ FJO

Gardener contends the following;
Gardener comes to the science of the UB. If the UB really were an extraterrestrial revelation, it should accurately describe our universe. It fails this test miserably.

This statement above is much like when Christians say The Urantia Book is wrong (about whatever). What they mean is that it's wrong because it's not what they already believe. Gardner is making the presumption that what he already believes from science is the truth and therefore, anything that doesn't agree with what he believes must be wrong. Just because Gardner believes that current science is right doesn't mean it is.

The UB claims the universe is over one trillion years old; most scientists date it at about 15 billion years (186).

What is the number "186" for? Is it a page number from Gardner's book? The statement "most scientists date it at about 15 billion years" is not relating a fact about the age of the universe, it's simply relating the latest guess. Scientists don't know what they don't know. Also, I don't know where it says in the book (TUB) that the universe is over a trillion years old, but even if it does, that's not an error, it's simply a disagreement with an incomplete statement from "most scientists." Science is a moving target. Today they may say the universe is 15 billion years old. Tomorrow they may say 15 trillion.

The temperature it assigns to the sun’s surface is off by thousands of degrees (190);

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. No one has ever gone to the sun and stood on the sun's surface (wherever and whatever that is) with a thermometer and measured it. Science infers a lot of things and then some people believe those things are facts.

So maybe we need to define what the "surface of the sun" really is, and what it was thought to be when Gardner made his statement.

I just read this:

The Surface Of The Sun

The Surface Of The Sun, The Photosphere And Electrically Driven Solar Flares

The sun's photosphere is often mistakenly referred to as the surface of the sun. In reality however, the sun's photosphere is only a "liquid-like" plasma layer made of neon that covers the actual surface of the sun. That visible layer we see with our eyes is composed of penumbral filaments that are several hundred kilometers deep. This visible neon plasma layer that we call the photosphere, and a thicker, more dense atmospheric layer composed of silicon plasma, entirely covers the actual rocky, calcium ferrite surface layer of the sun. The visible photosphere covers the actual surface of the sun, much as the earth's oceans cover most of the surface of the earth. In this case the sun's photosphere is very bright and we cannot see the darker, more rigid surface features below the photosphere without the aid of satellite technology.

Did you know this, "the actual rocky, calcium ferrite surface ("more rigid surface") layer of the sun."? How long has this been known, that the sun has a hard surface, if this is true? Didn't we just recently think that the sun was a gas ball all the way down?

it falsely says that Mercury keeps the same face towards the sun (196).

No, not really. The actual sentence involved is a complex, compound sentence that may contain deliberate ambiguities. Different people read it differently:

"The planets nearest the sun were the first to have their revolutions slowed down by tidal friction. Such gravitational influences also contribute to the stabilization of planetary orbits while acting as a brake on the rate of planetary-axial revolution, causing a planet to revolve ever slower until axial revolution ceases, leaving one hemisphere of the planet always turned toward the sun or larger body, as is illustrated by the planet Mercury and by the moon, which always turns the same face toward Urantia."

Mercury is an example (an illustration) of "a planet [revolving] ever slower until axial revolution ceases" (which final result hasn't happened yet with Mercury but which WILL happen eventually), and the moon is an example of such a case where the axial rotation has ceased. Two cases, two examples. One revolving ever slower (Mercury) and one where axial rotation has ceased (the Moon). (And couldn't it be said that the Moon rotates on its axis once every 28 days?)

The UB teaches that humans have 48 chromosomes; it should be 46 (217).

The UB does not teach that. Pure and simple. You have to read the text that's in the book and not make up your own. The UB does not say how many chromosomes there are.

Atoms supposedly cannot possess more than 100 electrons; this “limit” was broken in 1955, as any periodic table will confirm (214).

Not really. If you read the text in the book, it says, "naturally occurring." No where does the book say exactly what Martin has described. The actual quote from the book that he must be referring to is this:

Continued in Part 2

3/23/2016 8:54:38 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Part 2

"In Orvonton it has never been possible naturally to assemble over one hundred orbital electrons in one atomic system. When one hundred and one have been artificially introduced into the orbital field, the result has always been the well-nigh instantaneous disruption of the central proton with the wild dispersion of the electrons and other liberated energies."

[*Note: In the first printing, the term "well-nigh" is missing, having been added later by persons unknown and for reasons unknown.]

The Urantia Book is talking about "naturally" occurring "elements" It's interesting to note that it doesn't even use the word "element" in this case, choosing instead the term, "atomic system". Gardner is talking about artificially created elements, and the way he goes about it is rather odd, referring to the "discovery" of the element Fermium, and the "finding" of the element Mendelevium, in such a way that one might perhaps discover or find a naturally occurring plastic mine. The fact is that these elements were man made, not "found" or "discovered" at all. On earth, all elements above Uranium, number 92, are artificial, none occur naturally, and all have short lives. Furthermore, they are "found" only in isotope form, never the pure element.

So according to Gardener
(1) the UB says the universe is over 1 trillion years old
(2)the surface temperature of the sun as stated by the UB is off by thousands
( 5,778 K 5,505 °C, 9,941 °F)
(3) the UB says mercury keeps the same side facing the sun always
( it does not )
(4) says the UB teaches that humans have 48 chromosomes
( it's 46 )
(5)Atoms cannot contain more than 100 electrons

See above for all of these, 1-5.

(6) that there were 3 more undiscovered planets in our solar system

At that time, Pluto was still a planet as far as we were concerned. The revelators are not going to define "planet" for us. Counting Pluto then, that's nine, and the broken up asteroid belt makes ten and just recently it's been in the news that there IS almost certainly, another Neptune sized world out there in our solar system. That's eleven. It seems to me that the science of this is still in flux. Science that is still in flux doesn't make TUB wrong. Furthermore, I can't even find where the book says there are three more undiscovered planets. I'm not sure where Gardner got that.

To my knowledge this is all the scientific errors( listed by Gardener

They are not necessarily "errors." They are purported errors perhaps, or alleged errors. Where do people get off using today's science as absolute truth and assuming that if there is a difference between it and The Urantia Book, The Urantia Book must be wrong? It boggles the mind the same way it does when Christians say, "The Urantia Book is wrong because it's not biblical." The Urantia Book doesn't say Mary was a virgin so it's wrong. The Urantia Book says Jesus didn't die for our sins so it's wrong. The Urantia Book doesn't support the Six Day Creation story, so it's wrong. The Urantia Book doesn't say Jesus founded the Catholic church and appointed Peter as the first pope and gave Peter authority over all mankind, so it's wrong. And so on. What's the difference between that and what the science heads do?

3/24/2016 6:37:37 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

I certainly am not going to wade through a mountain of vague terminology and tie up days arguing here over these errors in scientific facts.
My answer to the trait determining/ chromosomes debate can be found in kb's thread in it's entirety here.
https://DateHookup.dating/Forums.aspx?p=FORUMPOSTS&forumthreadID=1442585&pageSize=15&startAt=1#69175149
It's only one page long ( an easy read ), or if you prefer to loosely paraphrase Clarence "if they were not talking about chromosomes what the heck are trait determiners ?"
Sun surface temp. How it's measured
It is possible to measure the surface temperature of the Sun by direct experiment.

The Sun is a big ball of hot plasma (ionized gas) that holds itself up by fusing hydrogen nuclei into helium nuclei in its central regions. In order for these reactions to take place, the temperature in the core has to be about 10 million degrees Celsius. We can use our theoretical understanding of the way the Sun works to model the actual central temperature: the current number is 15.71 million Kelvin (0 Kelvin = -273 Celsius).

The light from the Sun that we see is "made" deep in the Sun's interior - it then bounces around inside the Sun and gradually makes its way out. We call the surface of the Sun the mean distance from the core at which the light bounces for the last time before coming out (remember that unlike the Earth the Sun has no solid surface, so we have to define it somehow!). It turns out that the light we see from the surface has nearly the spectrum of a blackbody: a blackbody is a physical term that means that the fraction of light that is emitted at each wavelength is a function of the surface temperature alone. This is great for us, because it means that we can measure the spectrum of the Sun, and then fit it with a blackbody spectrum to derive the temperature. For a picture of the Sun's spectrum, look here.

From the solar spectrum, we can infer that the surface temperature of the Sun is about 5880 Kelvin, or 5605 Celsius.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/49-our-solar-system/the-sun/general-questions/166-is-it-possible-to-measure-the-temperature-of-the-sun-beginner

This is one of several ways science can measure the suns surface temperature and they all come out the same answer.

3/24/2016 7:10:53 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

That's why we can agree to disagree on this without any long discussion.
I only posted to help with your project, if there is anything else I can do to help just let me know.

3/24/2016 4:06:00 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

I certainly am not going to wade through a mountain of vague terminology and tie up days arguing here over these errors in scientific facts.

You would be better to say, "alleged scientific errors." The way you say it just highlights your arrogance.

My answer to the trait determining/ chromosomes debate can be found in kb's thread in it's entirety here.
https://DateHookup.dating/Forums.aspx?p=FORUMPOSTS&forumthreadID=1442585&pageSize=15&startAt=1#69175149
It's only one page long ( an easy read ), or if you prefer to loosely paraphrase Clarence "if they were not talking about chromosomes what the heck are trait determiners ?"

They don't use the word "chromosomes." I don't know why that's hard to understand. If you want to put your own words in the book in place of the words that are there, and then claim the book is wrong, who can stop you? That's just stupid.

Maybe I did but I don't remember asking you or anyone else to explain to me how science thinks it can measure the surface temperature of the sun. Did you think I asked you that? Could you quote me if I did?

3/24/2016 5:20:53 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Maybe I did but I don't remember asking you or anyone else to explain to me how science thinks it can measure the surface temperature of the sun. Did you think I asked you that? Could you quote me if I did?

Yeah you kind of did ask
The temperature it assigns to the sun’s surface is off by thousands of degrees (190);

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. No one has ever gone to the sun and stood on the sun's surface (wherever and whatever that is) with a thermometer and measured it. Science infers a lot of things and then some people believe those things are facts.

So maybe we need to define what the "surface of the sun" really is, and what it was thought to be when Gardner made his statement.

So I tried to give you a simple explanation of how the surface temp is measured and how the surface is determined, did you read any of my post?
If you are unable to read and comprehend my posts then this conversation is a total failure and needs to cease.

This statement above is much like when Christians say The Urantia Book is wrong (about whatever). What they mean is that it's wrong because it's not what they already believe. Gardner is making the presumption that what he already believes from science is the truth and therefore, anything that doesn't agree with what he believes must be wrong. Just because Gardner believes that current science is right doesn't mean it is.

BTW the same can be said that you say science is wrong because its not what you already believe, just because you say science is wrong doesn't mean it is

I will ask again concerning" trait determiners" if they are not chromosomes, what are they talking about?

If you care to expound more on this particular subject I would suggest you start a thread on this error where it is the central topic or in kbs thread

48 Trait Determiners vs. 46 Chromosomes

[Edited 3/24/2016 5:22:40 PM ]

3/24/2016 7:03:21 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

OTD, Clarence, are you there?

Could you, either separately or together, write down in your own words, some simple, concise statements concerning the alleged science errors in The Urantia Book. Perhaps like the sample below, and then I will try to find the answers, also like the sample below. Please do as many of them as you can.

Sample statement/question:
The Urantia Book is wrong when it says there are 48 chromosomes.

Sample answer:
The Urantia Book does not say there are 48 chromosomes. The Urantia Book does not mention the number of chromosomes.

It sounds like ground we've covered already, years ago. The UB isn't unacceptable to most people just because of the bad science. It's also unacceptable to a sane balanced person because of the absurdities. You should make a long post arguing why people should accept the absurdities before trying to start arguments about the bad science. Like why should anyone believe that Adam and Eve out of the Genesis creation myth were 8 foot tall space aliens sent to earth 38,000 years ago to partake in some 19th century thinking inspired eugenics experiment in so-called racial improvement?

I don't think there's a good reason for any rational person to believe that. And so on.

[Edited 3/24/2016 7:04:42 PM ]

3/25/2016 12:18:53 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Yeah you kind of did ask

Well, quote me then. I don't know what "you kind of did ask" means.

It's only off from the figure you give. I never said the TUB figure was right. The figures are different. Somebody is wrong. So what? You're the one arguing that your number is right, I'm not. Go to the chemistry store and buy yourself a proper thermometer and fly to the surface of the sun and take the temperature and report back, and then we'll know, assuming we can trust you to do the job.

So I tried to give you a simple explanation of how the surface temp is measured and how the surface is determined, did you read any of my post?
If you are unable to read and comprehend my posts then this conversation is a total failure and needs to cease.

I don't think I asked for what you call your "simple explanation, or for you to explain it to me." I was never arguing that The Urantia Book was right and science was wrong. They don't agree, that's all.

BTW the same can be said that you say science is wrong because its not what you already believe, just because you say science is wrong doesn't mean it is

You're stupider than you look. I don't think I've ever said that science is wrong in this case. Quote me.

I will ask again concerning" trait determiners" if they are not chromosomes, what are they talking about?

I will tell you again. Just read what's there. Don't put your own words in it and then say the book is wrong. Geez, how stupid is that? "Look ma, I changed some words in The Urantia Book and now it's wrong." And that goes for Clarence too.

If you care to expound more on this particular subject I would suggest you start a thread on this error where it is the central topic or in kbs thread

On what error?
3/25/2016 12:21:28 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

It is possible to measure the surface temperature of the Sun by direct experiment.

The Sun is a big ball of hot plasma (ionized gas) that holds itself up by fusing hydrogen nuclei into helium nuclei in its central regions. In order for these reactions to take place, the temperature in the core has to be about 10 million degrees Celsius. We can use our theoretical understanding of the way the Sun works to model the actual central temperature: the current number is 15.71 million Kelvin (0 Kelvin = -273 Celsius).

The light from the Sun that we see is "made" deep in the Sun's interior - it then bounces around inside the Sun and gradually makes its way out. We call the surface of the Sun the mean distance from the core at which the light bounces for the last time before coming out (remember that unlike the Earth the Sun has no solid surface, so we have to define it somehow!). It turns out that the light we see from the surface has nearly the spectrum of a blackbody: a blackbody is a physical term that means that the fraction of light that is emitted at each wavelength is a function of the surface temperature alone. This is great for us, because it means that we can measure the spectrum of the Sun, and then fit it with a blackbody spectrum to derive the temperature. For a picture of the Sun's spectrum, look here.

From the solar spectrum, we can infer that the surface temperature of the Sun is about 5880 Kelvin, or 5605 Celsius.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/49-our-solar-system/the-sun/general-questions/166-is-it-possible-to-measure-the-temperature-of-the-sun-beginner

This is one of several ways science can measure the suns surface temperature and they all come out the same answer.

Nobody asked.

3/25/2016 2:00:13 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from clarence2:

It sounds like ground we've covered already, years ago.

Yes, that's right, but we have to do it all over again for the new guy.

The UB isn't unacceptable to most people just because of the bad science. It's also unacceptable to a sane balanced person because of the absurdities.

Well, that's another subject all together, isn't it?

You should make a long post arguing why people should accept the absurdities

You are mistaken as is OTD. I have no interest in convincing anyone they should accept what you call the absurdities.

before trying to start arguments about the bad science.

Mistake again. I am not trying to convince anyone about what you call, "the bad science."

Like why should anyone believe that Adam and Eve out of the Genesis creation myth were 8 foot tall space aliens sent to earth 38,000 years ago to partake in some 19th century thinking inspired eugenics experiment in so-called racial improvement?

Like, how should I know why you or anyone should believe any of that? I already told you, I'm not in the convincing business. That's what Christians do. I don't do that.

I don't think there's a good reason for any rational person to believe that. And so on.

Suit yourself. It doesn't matter to me.

3/26/2016 3:21:13 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from clarence2:

It sounds like ground we've covered already, years ago.

Yes, that's right, but we have to do it all over again for the new guy.

The UB isn't unacceptable to most people just because of the bad science. It's also unacceptable to a sane balanced person because of the absurdities.

Well, that's another subject all together, isn't it?

You should make a long post arguing why people should accept the absurdities

You are mistaken as is OTD. I have no interest in convincing anyone they should accept what you call the absurdities.

before trying to start arguments about the bad science.

Mistake again. I am not trying to convince anyone about what you call, "the bad science."

Like why should anyone believe that Adam and Eve out of the Genesis creation myth were 8 foot tall space aliens sent to earth 38,000 years ago to partake in some 19th century thinking inspired eugenics experiment in so-called racial improvement?

Like, how should I know why you or anyone should believe any of that? I already told you, I'm not in the convincing business. That's what Christians do. I don't do that.

Suit yourself. It doesn't matter to me.

Nice (correct) use of the asterisk. That means all those annoying quotations can be re-quoted without having to fiddle with HTML for ages.

3/26/2016 4:14:52 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Nice (correct) use of the asterisk. That means all those annoying quotations can be re-quoted without having to fiddle with HTML for ages.

Thanks. I just spotted an error though. I had "all together" instead of "altogether."

3/26/2016 4:56:35 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Which brings to mind a relatively obscure Beatles song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FLde6Shxq8

3/26/2016 5:20:42 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from clarence2:
Which brings to mind a relatively obscure Beatles song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FLde6Shxq8

Very nice. It always amazes me how seemingly mature, well balanced, AND enlightened those four guys always were. It's a good reflection on your culture.

3/26/2016 5:23:53 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

3/27/2016 12:28:51 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

Isn't it just plain WACKO that FJO blocks me for ANY reasons whatsoever?.

[Edited 3/27/2016 12:29:16 AM ]

3/27/2016 12:33:08 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

I don't think he suffers those he perceives as fools, for long, just my take on his MO

People block and unblock me all the time , I am learning it don't hurt a bit, even though I can't think of legitimate reasons for it

3/27/2016 2:10:10 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

i see, but it doesn't seem sane for him to block me just because, for any reason whatsoever, it's plain not OK!!!.

[Edited 3/27/2016 2:10:56 AM ]

3/27/2016 2:47:56 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

3/27/2016 3:46:41 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Well I am confused now

How do you guys talked to each other If you're blocked??

Something funny going on

3/27/2016 5:19:29 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,520)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion

In my opinion ..... Urantia is a sci-fi comedy.

Peace

3/27/2016 3:08:03 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from rufftreasure:
Well I am confused now

Something funny going on

The Lord works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform.

Hey, want to see some real magic? Watch this 20 minute TED talk.

https://www.ted.com/talks/alex_kipman_the_dawn_of_the_age_of_holograms?language=en#t-1487

3/30/2016 1:05:53 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

lmarcox3
Mexico
32, joined Aug. 2015

Quote from rufftreasure:
Well I am confused now

Something funny going on
Indeed, mysterious ways.

4/1/2016 8:55:08 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,670)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Any vast volume of words , will inspire a vast volume of interpretations .

If you need a vast volume of words to prove a point , then you've missed the point .

We don't need a bulldozer to clear our path , we need to stop , and see everything that creates our path .

4/21/2016 11:21:07 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (188,518)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Not just NO, Dirt!

But "HELL NO"!

It's a cheap, paltry book -- nothing religious about it, compiled by a man in Chicago after his 'intervention'with space aliens.

4/21/2016 12:10:00 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

cupocheer is a know-nothing, really.

4/21/2016 12:36:45 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,670)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

All religion is molded to suit or own self interests , and to validate our own self-indulgence .

If all religion , and money was gone , life would go on without us , and we would've missed the boat .

Heaven cant save us , from the life , we've left behind .

[Edited 4/21/2016 12:38:25 PM ]

4/21/2016 12:45:55 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,670)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Our children , our grandchildren , our great grandchildren , our great great grandchildren will inherit , what we leave behind .

Can words undo , what we've done ?

4/21/2016 1:06:35 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,067)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Seek the truth, Nonstandardized. Pray for it. If you are sincere the Good Lord will help you find it.

4/21/2016 1:26:36 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,670)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Seek the truth, Nonstandardized. Pray for it. If you are sincere the Good Lord will help you find it.

You're wrong . I see beauty all around me . I see the decay , in the life that cant see it .

4/21/2016 1:53:35 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,106)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Does urantia Jesus wear a tin foil hat.

4/21/2016 2:33:51 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
Does urantia Jesus wear a tin foil hat.

Is that a question? There was no question mark. Who was it for? What was it in relation to? Why did you ask it? You have a Urantia Book, why don't you read it? Maybe the answer is in it. And "Urantia" should be capitalized.

4/28/2016 11:12:11 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (188,518)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

No. It isn't a religion nor a sect... it's all alien to true believers.

4/30/2016 3:54:11 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,670)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from cupocheer:
No. It isn't a religion nor a sect... it's all alien to true believers.

Believe what is right in front of your eyes , there is no reason , not to .